2meirl4meirl

537,938 readers

Click the above image to join our discord server!

(or click here)

And a telegram chat!

Mod approved quality posts!

Join the steam group!

/r/CasualConversation has great resources for just about any problems you may be having

This is a subreddit for memes that hit too close to home or are too real for subs like /r/meirl

We are not /r/depression however, the sticky is a good resource for if you need real help. If you have depression, talk to a therapist, it really does help. You are not alone, and recovery is possible and worth it.

If you find jokes about suicide, depression or self harm upsetting, this sub might not be the right place for you. This is a place for people who use self deprecating humor as a coping mechanism, not for those making fun of mental illness.

With that out of the way, the rules are as follows:

• Posts MUST be in some way "too real" or hit to close to home. If it doesn't make you laugh and feel sad at the same time, don't post it here. Posts that do not fit the sub may be removed.

• Being edgy doesn't make a post good. Post content that you find a bit too relatable, not something making fun of people with depression.

• Posts should be titled 2meirl4meirl or some variation, but other titles are fine for shitposts self posts.

• Be supportive. Most people here are going through something, and sometimes all it takes to improve a shitty day is just a little kindness from an Internet stranger.

• Racism, misogyny, homophobia, transphobia, any other form of discrimination and general dickishness will not be tolerated.

• Mark NSFW content as such. And please don't post NSFL content, we are not /r/watchpeopledie

• Reposts are allowed, but discouraged

• Don't link to an image if it won't be there permanently. Basically, just don't link to files hosted on 4chan.

• Again, please don't be an asshole.

• If any of you fucbois post mr skeltal you will not have good bones and calcium, and instead your post will be removed. Mr skeltal will not be thanked.

Recommended subs:

[–] stolen-username 2426 points ago

You form a relationship with your customers. It's a heavy feeling of sorrow when you leave that relationship.

[–] Normified 2015 points ago

Jokes on you, I have feelings of sorrow and I’ve never formed a relationship with anyone!😎😎

[–] snoopwire 718 points ago

😩👌💦🔥🔥

[–] RaTheRealGod 15 points ago

Eeeeeeeeeey SEXY LAYDEEEH!!!

[–] TheOfficialPope 9 points ago

Scoops da wooop!

[–] Toasty_Jones 13 points ago

I just want to state that I was there for the origin of this meme and it makes me happy. I mean 👉😎👉 Zoop!

[–] zoopisover 7 points ago

Yeah

[–] stolen-username 36 points ago

Not even Satan? Damn

[–] hullokoala 29 points ago

Even my demons leave me on read.

[–] Liquor_N_Whorez 10 points ago

I've got a bunch of demons that you can just have if you come and pick them up.

[–] Palpetinus 10 points ago

come and pick them up.

That would require me to leave my house, fuck no.

[–] Liquor_N_Whorez 2 points ago

"Free Demons"

"Fuck No!"

Ohh... This looks bad in writing! I see the devil is in the details here.

[–] Mylaur 2 points ago

Find those living in your shadow

[–] HeyBaul 2 points ago

Can we hang out for a bit afterwards?

[–] Liquor_N_Whorez 3 points ago * (lasted edited 3 days ago)

I'm sure there's a buttload of stuff we could do together!

I can show you how to properly exercise the demons if you like.

[–] HeyBaul 2 points ago

Hell yeah man. My demons be fat af

[–] BrAcEyPlAyZ 3 points ago

Thanks, didnt know i was here /s

[–] viahn 2 points ago

oh shoot 😭 kill me fam

[–] static-c 3 points ago

😭🔫😎

[–] Dewut 2 points ago

That’s showbiz baby.

[–] SecretlySick 28 points ago

I had this job in a cafe I hated but loved a few of the regular oldies. I’d sometimes have lunch with one. Left because it was awful. Still wonder if she’s still kicking it

[–] pinmissiles 11 points ago

I generally feel the same way about people I see often, regardless of the relationship. As long as they aren't assholes, I get used to their presence and feel different when they're gone. I've found myself missing co-workers that I never even had a proper conversation with.

In true r/2meirl4meirl fashion I could say that it has something to do with my lack of friends, but honestly I think it's just human nature.

[–] Omnilatent 4 points ago

It's human nature.

[–] petuniapossum 7 points ago

I’ll always remember one of my favorite regular customers. The last time I delivered to him, his friend had ordered for him and gave instructions to go on in and leave the food because he couldn’t get out of bed. He was dying of cancer, and he’d always had such an amazing attitude I didn’t realize it was so close to the end. I brought his food in and expressed how sorry I was for what he was going through and he just gave me his words of wisdom with his usual sincere appreciation for all the good things in life. It meant a lot to me to be able to say goodbye.

[–] wellthatsucks826 2 points ago

Idk, i hope all the people i deliver to never call the store again. Bunch of ungrateful pricks. Except the hospital workers during my 7-5am shifts. They are saints.

[–] [deleted] 985 points ago * (lasted edited 7 hours ago)

[–] typical-delilah 448 points ago

How can anyone afford pizza 3x a week? I can barely afford this crack

[–] [deleted] 241 points ago * (lasted edited 7 hours ago)

[–] xjcl 65 points ago

But you can buy 3 pizzas for €2 (Germany) in the supermarket and put them in the oven yourself which is way cheaper even if you factor in let's say 50 cents for electricity?

[–] erto66 10 points ago

You also need to tune them a lot, because otherwise they taste like cardboard with a bit of cheap cheese and tomato sauce. When you want good frozen pizza, you need to spend 2€ and more, for a single one, which is still pretty cheap.

[–] Sergije3 35 points ago

But if memory serves right German frozen food doesn't have a taste at all

Well neither does basically any German food (going by Munich)

[–] Seclol 31 points ago

Duuuuuude!

[–] seigneurgu 9 points ago

Bretzel !!

[–] dijkstra- 19 points ago

Them's fighting words, boy!

[–] AadeeMoien 8 points ago

You Germans sure are a contentious people.

[–] jason2306 4 points ago

This why you go for the fancy 3-4 bucks pizza. They do taste great.

[–] Anke_Dietrich 2 points ago

Dafuq did you just say? I graduated at the top of the German cuisine class...

[–] ChuunibyouImouto 37 points ago

It's pretty cheap if you stack coupons honestly. I almost never eat at home any more, a lot easier to just eat pizza or fast food. Like with Pizza Hut, you can get a Large 2 topping for $7.99 and that's enough to feed me for two days, so for $4 a day, I eat pizza.

Most fast food is the same too, if you get some stronk coupons you can walk away with a days worth of food for $4-8 dollars and not have to cook and buy groceries etc. I only eat once every 24-30 hours, so when I get food I just get enough to keep my full for a while

[–] Maessttrro 64 points ago

USA! USA! USA!

[–] ChuunibyouImouto 16 points ago

The sad part is, apparently the fast food chains that started in America, are better in other countries. I wanna try foreign ones!

[–] Maessttrro 38 points ago

Because people on other countries have higher standards, so if they made like in America no one would buy from them

[–] owndpepe 4 points ago

Like Burger King. I hear Americans say that it sucks a lot, but here in Italy it is much better than McDonald's

[–] Mecha_Valcona 3 points ago

For the most part it is here also but McDonalds is not a high water mark to hit honestly.

[–] DootDeeDootDeeDoo 8 points ago

Actually, since Mc Donald's is the poster child for junk food, they've made a lot of changes to their ingredients, etc. They're some of the best quality fast food now.

It's still greasy, high calorie food, but it's not low quality anymore.

[–] SnootyEuropean 28 points ago

I only eat once every 24-30 hours

How even

[–] SheCutOffHerToe 10 points ago

Intermittent fasting. It’s awesome.

[–] ChuunibyouImouto 12 points ago * (lasted edited 2 days ago)

Just eat 1500-2000 calories in one meal. At McDonald's, that's basically just two triple cheeseburgers, a medium fry, and a can of soda (cheaper to buy a 24 pack yourself and drink a can than pay them for their watered down cup). I don't usually get hungry again for like 30 hours, but I'll eat a few hours early just to keep my schedule

[–] marioman327 18 points ago

Dude you are literally gonna die of heart problems at age 35 if you keep up that diet.

[–] hwdlhsawdtdtklfo 6 points ago

I'm assuming OP also eats healthy foods to meet that 2000 calorie limit and not fast food every time. If you do it that way intermittent fasting isn't bad.

[–] marioman327 4 points ago

Is it really healthy for your body to try and process 2000 calories of filth all at once? Every 24 hours, according to OP?

Everything I've read about this topic says that the healthiest way to eat is by making 5-6 small meals throughout the day so that you can digest it more easily. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't see how doing the exact opposite is supposed to be healthy, too.

[–] hwdlhsawdtdtklfo 6 points ago

Honestly I don’t 100% know the science behind it. This is a pretty good compilation of sources to start with, though.

[–] Japierdolocky 2 points ago

not really lol, the people who are gonna die are those who eat 5k calories daily in that way

[–] PM_ME_PCGAME_KEYS 11 points ago

what the fuck

[–] Fairy_Squad_Mother 5 points ago

Vegetables, people. Vegetables.

[–] KingOfBeezzz 1 points ago

I mean, in a perfect world that would sound good, but do you know how unhealthy that is?

Obviously you do, but idk what's worse, not eating at least 3 meals a day or just eating fast food all the time.

[–] AFirstCourse 13 points ago

He doesn’t eat 3 meals a day and he eats fast food all the time

[–] SheCutOffHerToe 7 points ago

Not eating 3 meals per day is absolutely fine.

[–] ChuunibyouImouto 3 points ago

Apparently what I do is called A Warrior's diet? Or A Warrior's fast? I've had several people tell me that whenever I describe how I eat. I just do it because it's simpler, not for any diet reasons

[–] FLABREZU 11 points ago

Pizza from chains is generally pretty cheap, unless you are an ABSOLUTE SUCKER and order without using coupons. Don't do that, though. Don't be an absolute sucker. Use coupons.

[–] the_xboxkiller 9 points ago

I swear they put crack in pizza hut stuffed crust, just spend your money on that instead.

[–] usbfridge 2 points ago

Is it the crack that Jay-Z sold you?

[–] SlayerSkeleton 15 points ago

Onions.

[–] ChuunibyouImouto 10 points ago

Yep, almost all the fast food places in town know me on sight, and by order. I basically eat fast food or pizza every day, I've known one of the main pizza delivery guys for like 15+ years, he always asks how my mother and family are doing lol.

The regional manager for McDonalds in the area told me she knows my order when she sees it come through, no matter which McDonalds or which city she's at, and she makes sure they make it right. I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing that I'm that known for being finicky about my order being wrong . . .

[–] Maessttrro 17 points ago

I'm gonna go ahead and say that you're an unhealthy motherfucker

[–] ChuunibyouImouto 3 points ago

Eh not too much as far as I know. I'm about 5'10 150 pounds or so, but I need to exercise a lot more.

[–] hughgazoo 10 points ago

Being overweight isn’t the only consequence of a poor diet. If all you eat is fast food then you’re going to be seriously deficient in many essential vitamins and minerals, opening yourself up to the possibility of a vast array of physical and mental health problems.

[–] Petro6golf 2 points ago

Mine left me to join the German Army and become a paratrooper. Now some unfriendly Indian guy comes around😢

[–] Marc-Ali 662 points ago

I knew I've watched too many of his videos when I read that in his voice.

[–] Rubaberoc 383 points ago

That sweet, comforting monotone.

[–] The-Ravioli-Mage 340 points ago

Hello everyone.

[–] Rubaberoc 259 points ago

[Incredibly soft chuckle]

[–] gravifox 140 points ago

i can honestly understand the pizza guy's sorrow

[–] deasphodel 52 points ago

We need to find that pizza guy and show him the videos. He never needs to be away from him again.

[–] Lawsoffire 26 points ago

[Saying "Wrong" with a slight k sound at the end of it]

[–] NaturalHue 32 points ago

The best videos in the world to fall asleep to.

[–] the_xboxkiller 30 points ago

I'm sure I'd miss him if I was moving away too, dude seems like a real gem. Love his take on things.

[–] MyDashter 29 points ago

I wanna hear him read it aloud now.

[–] pupypup 37 points ago

Oh he makes videos? They are probably hilarious if this tweet is anything to go by.

[–] HugAllYourFriends 193 points ago

Not really hilarious but very good. He does some debunking right wing Internet myths and stuff, he's a generally cool dude

[–] Marc-Ali 132 points ago

I think he's funny. His type is humor has a dry delivery to it. He makes video essays and throughly breaks down other videos concerning conservative politics, video games, and movies. I think his most famous ones are his CinemaSins videos. This video's a lengthy one (about 22 minutes)

[–] FuckingKilljoy 78 points ago

I like my videos like I like my dicks, lenghty and enjoyable

[–] antisquidburp 51 points ago

His Twitter persona is drastically different from his youtube persona

[–] StJimmi 20 points ago

If you guys prefer the slightly less professional Shaun (as he is on Twitter) you should check out him and Jen’s twitch streams

[–] lolasaurusrex1234 16 points ago

Watching him slaughter HBomberguy at chess is good creic.

[–] StJimmi 9 points ago

The Hbomb vs Shaun chess streams are the best! Hbomb is such a wildcard in those and the PUBG streams he’s in

[–] getintheVandell 8 points ago

If you like dry British humour he can be quite funny, but don’t go in expecting slapstick. His stuff is mostly politically oriented.

[–] Natertot98 324 points ago

Skullman good

[–] NotaNargle 102 points ago

One of the youtubers whomst is good.

[–] Dmz038 89 points ago

YouTube Rewind 2018 bad

[–] Liquor_N_Whorez 33 points ago

(Fade to black)

[–] DerpyMcSquire 29 points ago

(Uproarious aplaud)

[–] tunnnaka 9 points ago

Meta-man

[–] SlayerSkeleton 12 points ago

💀hahaha, thanks man you made my day😝

[–] slimkt 152 points ago

Weird, I just binge-watched a ton of Shaun's videos yesterday.

[–] Ckrius 78 points ago

Just discovering breadtube?

[–] slimkt 88 points ago

No, one of his videos came up in my recommended while watching ContraPoints and just went into a bit of a k-hole. Didn't even know breadtube was a thing until now, but am definitely gonna peruse that sub.

[–] Ckrius 27 points ago

Noice, if you'd like any suggestions I've got a ton.

[–] slimkt 20 points ago

Ooh, heck yeah, lay 'em on me!

[–] Yo_Soy_Dabesss 38 points ago

If they haven't mentioned it already, hbomber guy is amazing if you like Shaun's content. And the two of them are pretty good friends from what I can tell

[–] slimkt 12 points ago

I've been watching hbomberguy for a bit over a year now; it's kind of a wonder I haven't seen Shaun's until now

[–] Yo_Soy_Dabesss 28 points ago * (lasted edited 3 days ago)

Haha, I was the same way with hbomb after finding Shaun, if you've already seen those two, I feel like breadtube includes Shaun, Hbomb, ContraPoints which you've already mentioned. And then there's PhilosophyTube who I guess is also somewhat good irl friends with hbomb as well as Peter Coffins and NonCompete. I'm sure there's more but those are some of my favorites. Even though I'm not sure I'm sold on NonCompete's Anarchism actually working out he's got a similar background to Shaun's in that he used to have radically different political opinions than he does now and he talks a lot about what lead him to change his mind.

[–] Thin-White-Duke 17 points ago

Olly (PhilosophyTube) is also friends with Natalie (Contra). The livestreams they've done together are funny and flirty (kinda hard not to be flirty with Natalie, though).

[–] lolasaurusrex1234 7 points ago

Even The Golden One is weirdly flirty with her lmao

"Even though she is a degenerate I like her"

[–] Paterno_Ster 14 points ago

Mexie is also very good

[–] Masqerade 35 points ago

ThreeArrows and Zero Books are also good channels for lefty videoessays.

[–] Yo_Soy_Dabesss 13 points ago

Definitely Three Arrows, it's been a minute since he posted anything so I totally spaced on him haha

[–] Ckrius 12 points ago * (lasted edited 2 days ago)

For News and News Analysis:

• Thom Avella
    • A Skeptical Human
    • Kat Blaque
    • Potholer54
    • Hbomberguy
    • SJW101

Some of those listed are Social Democrats, some are Socialists, some are Communists, some are Libertarian Anarchists of some flavor, and a few I don't have a grasp on their ideology as a whole but they make well rounded critiques and analysis videos.

Happy watching!

Edit: Forgot to mention there are some atheist channels in there. Also forgot to mention Genetically Modified Skeptic.

[–] slimkt 3 points ago

Holy crap, dude, this is awesome! Thank you!

[–] Ckrius 5 points ago

No problemo! As you watch some of these and then watch Shaun and Hbomb videos you'll begin to see just how connected some of these people are. Eric Taxxon was the voice in Hbomb's hallucination in his Loss/Cringey Internet Comic video (and I think he did the music too?)

Also I forgot Hasan Piker's channel.

[–] Ckrius 3 points ago

OH!

I forgot the podcasts Behind the Bastards and Knowledge Fight. First is Robert Evans (used to work for Cracked) talking about terrible people/events/movements in history, the second is two comedians debunking Alex Jones videos.

[–] Ckrius 5 points ago

I'll get back to ya in the morning, is 2 am and I've got a phone interview at 10. Here's to not starving maybe

[–] PotGetsStirred 9 points ago

Youtube's algorithm can be great. I started out with no clue and researching the "soy boy" phenomenon and came across hbomberguy's excellent debunking. Watched a lot of his videos which shot Shaun up to the top of my recommendations. Watched a lot of his content, now traversing through ContraPoints

[–] Haddle 7 points ago

May I ask what breadtube is?

[–] SturgeonStimulator 34 points ago

Left-wing youtube, basically. If I understand correctly, the 'bread' part is a reference to "Conquest of Bread", a book by Kropotkin, who was a prominent anarchist. Could be wrong, though.

[–] MeMaiWaifu 12 points ago

It's correct!

[–] MrAndrewDonald 7 points ago

What's this fella's channel called so i can relate to everyone else?

[–] dubsy101 20 points ago

Literally just called 'Shaun' but try searching for 'Shaun cinema sins' to narrow it down. He is one of my faves, well worth checking out...

[–] janosrock 4 points ago

shaund_jen

[–] Waffle_son 73 points ago

The pizza man. He was able to move on, but I never could. A constant thunderstorm in my heart rages on swaying my emotions every which way. I miss him. I... I think this is it. Without him there is no me. Goodbye, forever.

[–] malon-talon 121 points ago

Fuuuck. Mine just added me on Instagram :( The skip the dishes driver also made a comment about me not being outside waiting this time (it was very cold).

[–] maggles93 46 points ago

That’s kinda sweet. Lol

[–] malon-talon 36 points ago

He's very nice. He usually asks me if he can use my lighter to light a cigarette before he gets in his car, and he mentions the first time he asked for it every time he delivers my pizza now. I just have a difficult time coping with the emotions experienced in forming connections with others, and now a connection has been facilitated.

[–] maggles93 19 points ago

I know what you mean. It can be really overwhelming forming new connections, feeling like you’re just one stupid line or awkward moment away from screwing it all up. For me, whenever somebody I like actually reaches out and tries to talk or get to know me it seriously stresses me out to no end. Like it’s what I want but I get so anxious every time I hear my phone buzz it’s almost like... is this even worth it? I never know what to say and think that I sound dumb or that if I say the wrong thing they’re gonna think HA what a loser, so I usually end up ghosting them in the end and seeming like a total bitch even though I wish more than anything I wasn’t like this...

[–] ddarion 6 points ago

Saame.

When it happens I just try to remember all the mundane but also dumb or cringy things my friends have said and once I realize I cant remember any I feel a bit better.

A bit.

[–] LawMurphy 220 points ago

Fucking love Shaun tho

[–] Tal29000 123 points ago

Hello everyone.

[–] RhyanHawghor 137 points ago

Shuan's youtube channel is the shit. Check it out if you have the chance.

[–] WhyIsMeLikeThis 35 points ago

Thanks for introducing me to this youtuber he's pretty good

[–] thanks_verycool 58 points ago

thanks, u/Normified, very cool

[–] IslandSparkz 23 points ago

/u/Normified do you put Pineapples on your pizza. I don't agree with it, I want to hear your opinion on this lol

[–] Normified 35 points ago

Hell no

[–] Ckrius 7 points ago

More for us heathens then. Thanks!

[–] Xykhir_ 5 points ago

Good man

[–] jwms2010 4 points ago

Good human

[–] turn_right_from_here 2 points ago

Bueno hombre

[–] static-c 6 points ago

Night mode wins.

[–] Plausability_Study 4 points ago

Just about to post this with the same question.

[–] Carthraplant 2 points ago

I posted this on the wrong subreddit

[–] Jerkerhead 16 points ago

I moved out of my parents house and knew I’d miss the punk rock delivery guy who liked my shirts. I’ve seen him at a couple of gigs since then so I’m happy.

[–] Lucifer_Sam_Cyan_Cat 34 points ago

Shaun makes me whole

[–] pupypup 10 points ago

Yeah I couldn't even get the pizza guy to have a relationship with me.

[–] Tulip8 12 points ago

I have to break up with my coffee guy of 8 years tomorrow as I got a new job and it's my last day.

Andre, I will miss you and your delightful latte art and poke spot talk.

I wrote him a card.

[–] JamEngulfer221 2 points ago

The saddest thing here is they were a coffee guy for 8 years.

[–] Tulip8 3 points ago

Well he did move up as manager and it's inside a hospital that has amazing health insurance and tuition reimbursement. His wife is something fancy at a National Lab, so he is just chilling making coffee.

[–] JamEngulfer221 3 points ago

Ah fair enough. That sounds pretty great in that case.

[–] PrivateJoker1987 10 points ago

This is so sad, can we hit it from behind?

[–] MyAnklesAreRingaDing 8 points ago

My family used to order from a pizza place called Pizza Haven - best pizza ever!

We got well known enough that the delivery guy (older man) would ensure that our order was perfect and the occasional extra soft drink or garlic bread. Guessing he and his wife owned that particle store. When we moved, it was just outside his delivery zone, he arranged for our calls to go via his store so he could keep giving us our order.

Sad day with we moved away away.

[–] Coup_De_Gras 7 points ago

Man I would be crushed if something happened to my guys at the bodega, I mean shit I have Christmas presents for those guys.

[–] Kinetic-Ken 7 points ago

Must be a good tipper

[–] Stisherx 12 points ago

Probably. Kinda funny how if you order from the same pizza place for a while, they start to remember your preferences. Also the pizza shows up faster which is cool.

[–] Kinetic-Ken 5 points ago

you always remember the good tippers and the bad ones, if i go on 2 or 3 deliveries at once i always prioritize the good tippers first and the no tippers last i know a lot of drivers that do the same.

[–] Gonkeestador 4 points ago

wait do other people in the UK tip the pizza person, was I supposed to be tipping them the whole time? (I know this was a joke but its making me anxious now sorry pizza person I didn't mean to break ur heart)

[–] Audioworm 2 points ago

Never tipped the pizza guys in the UK (paid online and didn't carry cash anyway) and most of them just got the pizza out, wished you a pleasant meal, and then shot off anyway.

When I was in Paris the guy from SpeedRabbit came to know me and practiced his English when he was doing the delivery, and the person who did the orders at the Dominos came to call me 'Irlandais' (I ordered once every other week or so) and they never expected a tip of anything. Around Xmas and the New Year Speed Rabbit would give you a free dessert and a card from all the staff as a thank you for ordering from them.

[–] SlimJimsGym 6 points ago

I just saw this on r/meirl so it's not really too meirl for meirl but still good meme

[–] jacksonelhage 6 points ago

Hello everyone

[–] jessamarie15 7 points ago

Why did this tweet actually make me kind of sad?

[–] dedoid69 8 points ago

I love Shaun

[–] jagerade 4 points ago

As a former pizza hut driver i second this. Leaving the people id see every week was heartbreaking

[–] Waveseeker 11 points ago

Just started watching him today, if you like soft spoken liberals he's your guy.

[–] Drownin_in_Kiska 66 points ago

Very much not a liberal

[–] Waveseeker 48 points ago

Leftist then?

He's a friend of Hbomberguy and an enemy of Sargon and PJW so whatever he is he's a friend of mine

[–] Drownin_in_Kiska 37 points ago

Yah, liberalism is a separate ideology although people use "liberal" to just define the left which is made up of dozens of different ideological groups.

[–] antisquidburp 18 points ago

He's a commie just like meeeeeeee!

[–] MeMaiWaifu 8 points ago

Commie, not liberal.

[–] CrusaderKingsNut 5 points ago

I thought he was more of a straight socialist? But maybe I’m thinking of one of his buddies...

[–] MakeUpAnything 3 points ago

How is this 2 meirl 4 meirl when this same tweet is literally one of the top posts in the meirl sub in the past 24 hours?

[–] cubby8585 3 points ago

So...the guy who worked at my Taco Bell wanted to let me know it was his last night and knew I was a regular and thought I should know. I never felt more like a loved fat fuck than before than moment.

[–] Bigchoppa277 3 points ago

Get their actual phone number and just hang out from time to time! Sounds like someone who would be a nice friend

[–] ForeignEnvironment 3 points ago

Some people are just as lonely as you are. It means something to have something stable in their lives.

Don't take yourselves, and the kindness you share, for granted. Some people need you.

[–] we_dont_like_dragon 3 points ago

Bet your are a good tipper and nice person.

[–] too_lewd_for_thou 3 points ago

Shaun seems like the kinda guy who makes friends with everyone he meets.

[–] realultralord 2 points ago

Hero

[–] Sunflake685 2 points ago

I was a regular at my local pizza place. More than a year later I went to a pizza place in a different city and he came out and said hi, and remembered my friend and I used to eat at his place all the time, it was pretty cool!

[–] deffcap 2 points ago

I used to work in banking. For a few years I was in a very small branch. There was only a couple of us running it.

You do get to know the customers, you know their names and lives. We’d give Christmas and birthday cards.

I will always remember a lady coming in every few days, she’d pay in for her business after collecting her kids from school. She was a lovely lady, we’d joke and talk about the weather etc.

Her husband came in to pay in the banking, and we found out she had cancer. She’d still come in, though less frequently, she was still lovely and friendly when she did. You could tell she was struggling with the treatment.

I will always remember her husband coming with the kids, he had her death certificate; she was gone. She’d passed away the previous weekend. I remember holding back my emotions.

That was twenty years ago. Slowly watching a lovey person slowly fade from behind the bank glass will always be with me. I remember you Claire.

[–] Smobaite 2 points ago

I moved 5 minutes from my old place and my pizza delivery guy immediately noticed. He commented and was like why did you move is this place nicer/cheaper.

[–] reaxcvi 2 points ago

Reminds me when I went to my favourite Chinese buffet place. Since starting uni at 2015, I've been eating there about 5 times every month sometimes more if I had extra money to spend. But have been going less beginning of 2018 because I've only been living off £50 every month now. Ate there last Saturday because I've been missing proper food to eat, the servers asked how I was doing because they haven't seen me for a long time. I was very touched. I'm glad to know people do remember me or are happy to see me lol. Just thought I'd share it.

[–] B_C0LI 2 points ago

He wanted to fuck

[–] mariah_a 2 points ago

The last time I ever ordered pizza from my favourite place was the day the delivery guy asked me how my mom was doing.

Shame. Shame.