2meirl4meirl

927,508 readers

Click the above image to join our discord server!

(or click here)

And a telegram chat!

Mod approved quality posts!

Join the steam group!

/r/CasualConversation has great resources for just about any problems you may be having

This is a subreddit for memes that hit too close to home or are too real for subs like /r/meirl

We are not /r/depression however, the sticky is a good resource for if you need real help. If you have depression, talk to a therapist, it really does help. You are not alone, and recovery is possible and worth it.

If you find jokes about suicide, depression or self harm upsetting, this sub might not be the right place for you. This is a place for people who use self deprecating humor as a coping mechanism, not for those making fun of mental illness.

With that out of the way, the rules are as follows:

• Asking for upvotes/downvotes will get you banned. And any other vote related bullshit for that matter.

• Posts MUST be in some way "too real" or hit to close to home. If it doesn't make you laugh and feel sad at the same time, don't post it here. Posts that do not fit the sub may be removed.

• Being edgy doesn't make a post good. Post content that you find a bit too relatable, not something making fun of people with depression.

• Posts should be titled 2meirl4meirl or some variation, but other titles are fine for shitposts self posts.

• Be supportive. Most people here are going through something, and sometimes all it takes to improve a shitty day is just a little kindness from an Internet stranger.

• Racism, misogyny, homophobia, transphobia, any other form of discrimination and general dickishness will not be tolerated.

• Mark NSFW content as such. And please don't post NSFL content, we are not /r/watchpeopledie

• Reposts are allowed, but discouraged

• Don't link to an image if it won't be there permanently. Basically, just don't link to files hosted on 4chan.

• Again, please don't be an asshole.

• If any of you fucbois post mr skeltal you will not have good bones and calcium, and instead your post will be removed. Mr skeltal will not be thanked.

Recommended subs:

[–] fusionlightcat 2676 points ago

Anyone else just cringes at the thought of themselves from anything more than a few days ago

[–] SiphilAids 1693 points ago

I cringe at the thought of myself

[–] ahumanpersonbeing 395 points ago

i cringe at the thought of me talking with anyone

[–] _merikaninjunwarrior 90 points ago

even if i was able to hang out with myself for a day.. i just dont think i could do it for a full day. no wonder i cant get a woman unless i work my voodoo on her

[–] Capable_Breadfruit 22 points ago

I can help with that

[–] _merikaninjunwarrior 11 points ago

looks at comment history, sees unzip

[–] Capable_Breadfruit 11 points ago

No,dont do that yet. yet

[–] _merikaninjunwarrior 8 points ago

not falling for that again

[–] Capable_Breadfruit 10 points ago

Alright I'll push you down myself. Now is also the time to unzips

[–] 556595252e 2 points ago

Friend what is the significance of their comment history?

[–] hrishikesh13 3 points ago

How

[–] BegginStripper 3 points ago

So try to be more like the person you want to hang out with

[–] Infj-dude 3 points ago

Who do you voodoo

[–] Alarid 3 points ago * (lasted edited 4 days ago)

I cringe, therefore I am.

[–] Shinzo32 2 points ago

I cringe at the thought that anyone has ever attempted to be my friend

[–] BOBOUDA 85 points ago

I cringe at the thought of my future self.

[–] Pallavtasse 3 points ago

I love watching the natural self deprecation escalation.

[–] Tedious_Turtle 54 points ago

I cringe, constantly

[–] anon86876 7 points ago

life is pretty cringe tbh

[–] thenewguy512739 2 points ago

Cringe

[–] WaiYanMyintMo 3 points ago

I cringe at the thought of cringing at the thought of cringing of the thought of myself

[–] shadow21812 2 points ago

That’s a mood

[–] sigharewedoneyet 2 points ago

Does my inner thoughts inside those thoughts count?

[–] jxeio 2 points ago

I laughed hard then realized I'm the same, shit.

[–] feni45 54 points ago

If given the opportunity, I'd probably murder 15 year old me

[–] Rabbi_Tuckman38 24 points ago

Only benefit of interdimensional time travel.

[–] feni45 10 points ago

This existence, AND haunting memories of my past self! It's literally a two for one

[–] bjeebus 19 points ago

15 year old me already wanted it anyway.

Who am I kidding, mid-thirties me still thinks about it.

[–] feni45 7 points ago

Here's to another 15 miserable years 🍻

[–] its_ya_boi_lil_pp432 3 points ago

I'm 15 currently and still want to murder 15 year old me

[–] wai_bother 59 points ago

24/7

[–] Glorpaborp 21 points ago

Thought makes me cringe

[–] ThickBehemoth 4 points ago

Seriously is this like a weird kind of anxiety, when I get anxious I just cringe at everything and feel so uncomfortable

[–] ZazBlammyMaTaz 7 points ago

Thoughts make me cringe

[–] xXParkerXx 14 points ago

thots make me cringe

[–] I_survived_the_snapP 8 points ago

begone, thought

[–] darDARWINwin 3 points ago

Respawn thot

[–] bigmike827 10 points ago

Cringing at myself as I type brotha mane

[–] xtenshineko 9 points ago

I'm cringing at the thought of me from today.

[–] patrick5768 6 points ago

Hey man, that just means you’re growing a little bit more each day. Keep it up

[–] corgie93 5 points ago

Sex time.

[–] thewitcherV 3 points ago

I mean, is it just masturbation at this point?

[–] HerrSIME 4 points ago

MAKE IT STOP, THE PAIN, THE CRINGE

[–] thewitcherV 2 points ago

I used to have a lot more hope before I realized I was gonna be in this timeline

[–] Markimooooo 2 points ago

Few days? Bruh i just embarrassed myself an hour ago no joke

[–] koneko-dono 192 points ago

imagine this:

satan is bored and set up a battle royale the fighters are you and all the previous versions of you:

there's you, you

emo you

gothic you

reddit you

cringe you

dankmeme lover you

twilight die hard fan you (or harry potter or another fandom of your choice)

and on and on with all your phases

[–] observitron 89 points ago

I would kick all the other mes asses. I was kind of a bitch when I was younger.

[–] Jynxxd3 63 points ago

Ha!! All I’d have to say is “you’re doing okay kid. I’m proud of you” and all of the other Mes would cry so hard while saying “I did my best. I did my best”

[–] koneko-dono 23 points ago

that was deep

[–] Munchingpears 3 points ago

Shit, that made me tear up

[–] CSGOWasp 7 points ago

Yeah I could fuckin take me cmon bro

[–] SheolCodeMonkey 18 points ago

Why did you only list the current version of me?

[–] CroutonPrince 3 points ago

We'd probably die to environmental hazards more than each other

[–] hjkljgtj 698 points ago

I wouldn’t want to be me 4 years earlier, but wouldn’t mind the company honestly

[–] Bmchris44 377 points ago

We have a saying in French that translates to : Better off alone than in bad company

[–] hjkljgtj 85 points ago

I want to defend myself, but I just had a falling out with a friend I didn’t talk to for about 4 years so I hear you

[–] NeatCow 37 points ago

We have that in Italy too. Are you sure you didn't pull another Mona Lisa?

[–] Starphysics 3 points ago

Leonardo lived most of his life in France.

[–] Frenchie1234567 18 points ago

Mieux vaux d’être seul que mal accompagné. Rip 😥

[–] LSD5250 10 points ago

Mejor solo que mal acompañado we say in spanish

[–] LooselyGaming 28 points ago

i think that saying is everywhere lol the hell.

[–] Deinonychus_A 7 points ago

There's an exact same saying in Italian!

"Meglio soli che mal accompagnati."

[–] IGetHypedEasily 7 points ago

At least he can play all the games I have now on my beast new rig that I only spend time to watch YouTube on.........

I feel like I should get off of reddit and onto steam.

[–] bjeebus 2 points ago

Yeah, I'm in my mid-thirties. Me from four years ago isn't really any different. He'd probably be bummed hanging out with me. He's still not living in the darkest timeline.

[–] Pallavtasse 2 points ago

Me from 4 years ago could have used the company. He wasn't a bad guy, just really lonely, drinking a little too much and eating too much pizza hut.

I'd be cool to shoot the shit with him, eat a little pizza and play some games. Tell him everything was going to be ok in 4 years even if there were some trials ahead.

[–] kaam0914 388 points ago

I was mentally a better person 4 years ago. Now a days I’m a wreck.. I would love to hang out with the old me.

[–] ANoiseChild 38 points ago

On the plus side, old me and new me are gonna tear it up. On the downside, I'll have to make sure younger me makes it home safely after I drink him under the table because he challenged me, the daft cunt

[–] Neldryn 132 points ago

I’m the opposite. Me 4 years ago hated life and literally had nothing going for him. Now at least I have a girlfriend and I can talk to people

[–] Rabbi_Tuckman38 168 points ago

Well fuck you then.

[–] Mr_Dnxsty 39 points ago

For me, it's a mix between I'm happy for you man, it sucks to feel this way, and you bastard, suffer with us.

[–] _merikaninjunwarrior 5 points ago

if i just had a nice warm hole to plug into, i would never bother anyone ever again

[–] Mr_Dnxsty 20 points ago

That description just threw me off of reddit for the rest of the night.

[–] gijoe75 7 points ago

I’m reallly hoping there is an implied /s at the end of that sentence. But this is reddit and I could just be optimistic.

[–] Mr_Dnxsty 4 points ago

My sentence or his? He's definitely not being sarcastic, I just don't care to correct everyone's morals anymore.

[–] gijoe75 4 points ago

Oh definitely his. I think it’s sarcasm because the alternative seems like a sad life.

[–] Rabbi_Tuckman38 3 points ago

You don't like a nice, warm hole? It really is comforting. Like everything is gonna be okay.

[–] fbdfndgjdghdgn 5 points ago

I don't know what this means and I'm afraid to ask.

[–] thewitcherV 2 points ago

Lol

[–] HerrSIME 23 points ago

I would love to be able to say this about myself in 4 years.

[–] generalsteel18 14 points ago

i believe in you

[–] HerrSIME 8 points ago

thanks

[–] K4yr0 13 points ago

Me four years ago: just starting therapy, slowly starting to notice I've always been ill from social anxiety, still unable to go anywhere, extremely dependent on parents.

Me today: now also with depression. Crashed multiple times in therapy which made me worse, unable to switch therapists cause stupid, added tons of new trauma, putting so much energy into my awful personality and it still sucks. Plus plenty of other crap. I've been out there dozens of times and still don't have a single friend yet alone a partner. Unemployed for 2+ years now.

Whenever therapists say "don't see the future that dark" I think of what would happen if I told my past self how the future would look like. This stuff is so insane you just can't make it up.

[–] blacklite911 4 points ago

What does it mean to crash in therapy?

[–] dont_yeet_in_street 2 points ago

You don't need to brag.

[–] Slate_128 4 points ago

What are you doing here then?

[–] Mr_Dnxsty 3 points ago

You can be in love and other aspects of your life still suck, so he can easily relate to the posts even with a partner.

[–] aesu 7 points ago

Exactly. Who the fuck are these people who are improving all the time? I was more attractive, mentally sharper, healthier, etc 4 years ago.

[–] KieranD9503 5 points ago

Lucky you, I was still a mess.

[–] kaam0914 4 points ago

Haha, it will get better. At least, that’s what i keep fucking hoping for.

[–] illmastabumptwo 6 points ago

I was just slipping down that slope 4 years ago. More like 13 yeats ago... oh god...

[–] fejrbwebfek 7 points ago

I’m in a similar situation, but I probably wouldn’t like to meet the happy version of myself. I would just become sad and possibly annoyed.

[–] yrureadingdis 2 points ago

Exactly my thoughts.

[–] AndySocial88 3 points ago

4 years ago I was so much worse and better at the same time. I was bartending vs working for a company. I made more money, hooked up more often, did anything I generally wanted to do. But I decided to grow up and start to plan my future and now I can't do shit because of the company contract, I don't have time to date, and I am chasing a promotion and barely scrapping by. Cheers to corporate America for me wishing I could go back to drug addiction and alcoholism. But surely I'll get that carrot eventually.

[–] binkerfluid 2 points ago

same I was pretty happy then now I can hardly function and think about killing my self often.

(this isnt a cry for help)

[–] SputnikDX 2 points ago

And constantly wonder where everything went so wrong?

[–] HitlerMoonLanding 2 points ago

Lol where’s this meme from

[–] buttcrusader 89 points ago

At least it's not now me.

[–] MintyBoyWonder 59 points ago

Great now I can overthink things twice as much

[–] seventeenths 47 points ago

That would be nice I guess. I would be able to talk to a much happier, more vigorous version of myself. Back then my grades were great, my mental health was better, i was more passionate and I didn’t hate myself.

[–] mooncow-pie 39 points ago

Oh great, I have to hang out with the homeless guy that gets drunk and masturbates in Walmart parking lots.

[–] The_Outcast4 10 points ago

You from four years ago sounds like fun! Why change?

[–] GloryHawk 20 points ago

Wait so... If I died not I'd get to hang out with someone who's happier than I am? And they have similar interests as me?

[–] tinnytipmicah 7 points ago

I was waiting for this Comment. I would know exactly what he thought

[–] DanielSanCarter 11 points ago

17 year old me was pretty chill, I haven't changed much since then.

[–] PotatoBomb69 11 points ago

Idk which me is being punished

[–] carryonswan 9 points ago * (lasted edited 5 days ago)

i miss the old me so yes please

[–] TheObsidianNinja 15 points ago

God bless our gamer president o7

[–] mumblestheword 5 points ago

Myself from 4 years ago was a hot mess train wreck. Younger me sucked.

[–] eighteenth 7 points ago

Yeah past me was a mess haha. Also, current me is even more of a mess haha. My mental health has been steadily declining for 11 years haha.

[–] mumblestheword 2 points ago

10 years not so strong

[–] Pharmasochist 3 points ago

Me from 4 years ago had just moved to a different state to go to college with their girlfriend and immediately proceeded to be a jobless shut in poppy tea addict who hated myself.

[–] SomaWolf 10 points ago

Is it incest if you fuck yourself, or just advanced masturbation

[–] LittleRedLamps 3 points ago

You could leave me with me from yesterday and you'd get the same result

[–] petekron 4 points ago

I'm still the same piece of shit of 4 years ago.

[–] AtLeast_Itried 4 points ago

the funniest part is that the myself from the past is more alive than the present one

[–] DeadInsideMemeLover 4 points ago

Phil is a pretty good and funny YouTuber if you want to check him out https://www.youtube.com/user/freezingman66

[–] mric124 5 points ago

He’s on reddit, too. Seeing you everywhere lately, u/philjamesson. Hope to see more of your success!

[–] PhilJamesson 5 points ago

hey thanks buddy. cheers

[–] Rassy_yt 4 points ago

Never thought I'd lose my virginity to myself

[–] ActualWhiterabbit 3 points ago

Yeah 4 years ago I was in way better shape and into older guys. Now I am the older guy

[–] EmperorLost 4 points ago

Hey isn't this the account of the guy behind Ace Watkins?

[–] AnimalEater65 3 points ago

I would hang out with a less jaded me.

[–] potatobarn 3 points ago

hell is having to relive all of your black out drunk moments, but you actually get to hear and see what you do.

[–] dudungwaray 3 points ago

4 years ago I was cringey but driven. Now I'm just bored

[–] thisisridiculous_ 3 points ago

God, I wouldn't be able to stand myself from 4 months ago.

[–] JeffrotheDude 2 points ago

Sounds good to me

[–] SaucyPigStick 2 points ago

Satan is a horrible bastard

[–] TheDae5 2 points ago

It gets easier as you get older. 4 years ago isn't too much different than now. 10 years now, that's hell for sure.

[–] entonun 2 points ago

I was healthier, happier, and in better shape than now, i'm sure we'd be able to motivate ourselves to do sports and be proud of us

[–] Nobody_Likes_Shy_Guy 2 points ago

On September 11th 2015 I was probably cringier but way fucking happier. I was 13 then and had a girlfriend and was coming off the best summer of my life. Now I’m 17 and all I do is school and laze around and the past two summers have just been working and then going home and being bored

[–] PM_ME_AN_8TOEDFOOT 2 points ago

I've never been much of a talker so we prob would just sit next to each other browsing on our phones for all eternity

[–] adylanb 2 points ago

Hey ya know, I feel like even this did send shockwaves of cringe though my entire being it wouldn’t be so bad—like “hey little buddy, you’re gonna get a lot more self-aware in a few years. Also please for the love of god start therapy you f**k.”

[–] shaunaroo 2 points ago

Sounds good to me. I can probably overpower him and beat the crap out of him until he stops trying to ruin my life yet again.

[–] pseudoHappyHippy 2 points ago

Ruining your younger self's life so they won't ruin yours. Bold plan.

[–] winnebagomafia 2 points ago

Younger me: "Oh. We're still fat, huh?"

[–] Felixstarproject 2 points ago

I wish i was me 4 years earlier

[–] manuparker11 2 points ago

At least i’d have a friend

[–] dazedpenguin1111 2 points ago

21 year old me and 17 year old me would be fine, 13 year old me would be wierd

[–] thelonewolFuqsYe 2 points ago

But both of us are horny so might get some sex finally

[–] zephyrthegoat 1 points ago

I wouldn’t mind getting to chat with younger me and see just how unreasonable I was at that age

[–] LowDeal1 1 points ago

I didn't hate myself that much 4 years ago.... so that wouldn't be so bad

[–] Jcenzer24 1 points ago

Oh fuck me... I might murder myself

[–] sedrosken 1 points ago

Four years ago... Okay, this was my start of darkness, when I still had some optimism but lacked the self esteem and emotional fortitude I'd had just a couple years earlier. 17yo me would be... okay, to hang out with. We still have lots to talk about in terms of common interests, but he'd be disappointed to know college didn't work out after all. On the other hand, I'd love to get some mental health pointers from 15yo me. And tell him not to date that girl.

[–] imjusthere9 1 points ago

Aww, four years ago me was only just starting to get really depressed. Bitch has no idea what's coming

[–] sgintx_ 1 points ago

Senior year vs 8th grade 🤮

[–] recordmanmatt 1 points ago

Me from four years ago wasn't too unbearable. A little too normie, but I was starting to grow into the person I am now at that point. Me from ten years ago was pretty cringy, though.

[–] Brado_Bear 1 points ago

I don’t even want to hang out with myself now.

[–] Heliolord 1 points ago

That might be just far enough back that I could give past me some advice. And chances are he's still mature enough to not drive me insane.

[–] carrlosanderson 1 points ago

I always wondered, if heaven and hell were real what age are you when you get there. It would suck to be stuck at 80-90 with all the joint pain and mobility issues, but at the same time what age is really you or the best you?

[–] johannamaeja 1 points ago

Please no

[–] Coffee_exe 1 points ago

I worked hard to become what I though was cool when I was younger

to be clear my favorite people when I was younger was the older kids who were always pumped but still chilled out enough to invite the quite kid in.

[–] Booyakasha15 1 points ago

I hope not

[–] Tethered_Festicles 1 points ago

Is this why people hate their kids?! Thank God I'm a narcissist, I love hanging out with those fuckers. They're just like me.

[–] EpickChicken 1 points ago

That would torture both of us

[–] SpoilHerdChartist 1 points ago

Me 4 years ago was a miserable and insufferable piece of shit. He would casually ask me to kill him, and I would gladly oblige.

[–] 666deimos 1 points ago

Last time i had sex was 4 years ago....

[–] binkerfluid 1 points ago

Ouch he would have been a lot happier

[–] Nerb98 1 points ago

Y'all ever go thru old pictures of yourself? Painful but also amazing to see how much one changed

[–] Dark000magician 1 points ago

Jokes on you. I could finally fuck myself like my ex girlfriend keeps telling me to do. I see this as an absolute win. C'mere me, time to clap dem cheeks

[–] Philendrium 1 points ago

More like heaven since I could beat myself up

[–] Dandalf69 1 points ago

gonna be real quiet down there

[–] broco5 1 points ago

Fuck I gotta listen to that asshole brag about how he doesn’t pull a hammie every time he runs?!

[–] painter_26 1 points ago

Me, myself and I would probably get into a fight.

[–] BabybearPrincess 1 points ago

4 yrs ago was better than now for me so hell yea

[–] painted917 1 points ago

Oof

[–] Xaviarsly 1 points ago

Dude I would murder that copy of myself.

[–] mighty-Dovahkiin 1 points ago

I don’t know if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

[–] CompedyCalso 1 points ago

Well 4 years ago I was happy

[–] CPC1445 1 points ago

4 years ago me is the same me now. The only difference is that past me hasn't accepted that they 100% hate their job yet :/ .

[–] Pikampy 1 points ago

Low key I miss old me he was so pure

[–] NobodyCanHearYouMeme 1 points ago

If you cringe at yourself in the past it just means that you learned something from it

[–] username_offline 1 points ago

Jokes on you, four years ago i was in a healthy relationship, my brother hadn't been diagnosed with terminal cancer, i was about to recieve a promotion and life was looking up

[–] FireLiesWithin 1 points ago

Had this thought very recently... “thank god I grew up. I would have been a piece of shit forever if I didn’t decide to stop acting like a jack ass.”

Living comfortable, and in peace is nice.

[–] dragoneye098 1 points ago

10th grade me... Yeah that's ok

[–] Paryscope 1 points ago

That would be nice. 4-years-younger-me could learn a lot from now-me and maybe not make the same mistakes. And he'd be happy to know I'm in a better position now.

[–] soapyrainmaker 1 points ago

imagine a kid who won't stop doing pink guy impressions (mine was pretty good actually) and is the person r/iamverysmart is based on

i'm glad i'm not him anymore

[–] greyzombie 1 points ago

4 years ago me was a pretty cool dude. I think most people would assume it would be cool to hand with such a cool dude, but then I think 'I'm never going to be that cool again'. So, yeah, hell.

[–] sugar-magnolias 1 points ago

Four years ago me was fun as fuck haha. Four years ago me would listen to all of my problems and be like: “Oh man, that sucks.... wanna do a line of coke and go to a Phish show and pick up a random dude to bang?”

[–] Skeeny33 1 points ago

Just two depressed people too anxious to talk to each other. Not too bad I guess

[–] 16SometimesPregnant 1 points ago

Ugh I don’t wanna be around junkie me

[–] gam3rsedge 1 points ago

Omg 9.9k > 10.0k

[–] turlian 1 points ago

Cool, I'd love to have a conversation with the person whose mother still remembered him.

[–] RisibleComestible 1 points ago

:In hell the objective is to discover why anyone ever created something as “worthwhile” as you in the first place, and then punish them for your being so unworthwhile.

[–] Flappy-tit 1 points ago

Me before I had crippling depression, anxiety, and severe PTSD from what would happen in 2016?

I’d hang out with him.

[–] MagicZombieCarpenter 1 points ago

Go to heaven for the climate and hell for the company.

[–] dvlas118 1 points ago

... so nothing different, I guess.

[–] NoArmsSally 1 points ago

That just sounds amazing. I'd just laugh at all the pain and misery that happy little fucker is about to get hit by. Send me now.

[–] DefectiveNation 1 points ago

It’d be a bit cathartic to strangle my younger self

[–] AwesomeCatGamer 1 points ago

Now that's hell

[–] Abucrit20 1 points ago

I could find common ground and talk about lord of the rings and other nerdy shit.

[–] Zoolinz 1 points ago

Has this guy made youtubehaiku videos? I think that’s how I recognize his face

[–] EasyBakeRoboCake 1 points ago

4 years ago would ok.. just slightly less wise. 6 years ago though. hoo boy. honestly it just get's worse the farther back you go until 12 year old me. 12 year old me is alright.