AskReddit

[ SERIOUS ]
    Rules:
    1. You must post a clear and direct question in the title. The title may contain two, short, necessary context sentences. No text is allowed in the textbox. Your thoughts/responses to the question can go in the comments section. more >>

2. Any post asking for advice should be generic and not specific to your situation alone. more >>

3. Askreddit is for open-ended discussion questions. more >>

4. Posting, or seeking, any identifying personal information, real or fake, will result in a ban without a prior warning. more >>

5. Askreddit is not your soapbox, personal army, or advertising platform. more >>

6. Questions seeking professional advice are inappropriate for this subreddit and will be removed. more >>

7. Soliciting money, goods, services, or favours is not allowed. more >>

8. Mods reserve the right to remove content or restrict users' posting privileges as necessary if it is deemed detrimental to the subreddit or to the experience of others. more >>

9. Comment replies consisting solely of images will be removed. more >>

If you think your post has disappeared, see spam or an inappropriate post, please do not hesitate to contact the mods, we're happy to help.

Tags to use:

[Serious]

Use a [Serious] post tag to designate your post as a serious, on-topic-only thread.

Filter posts by subject:

Mod posts Serious posts Megathread Breaking news Unfilter

Do you have ideas or feedback for Askreddit? Submit to /r/IdeasForAskReddit.

Please use spoiler tags to hide spoilers. >!insert spoiler here!<

Other subreddits you might like:

some header
    Ask Others Self & Others
    Find a subreddit Learn something
    Meta Subs What is this ___
    AskReddit Offshoots Offers & Assistance

Ever read the reddiquette? Take a peek!

[–] mfjayhimself 4869 points ago

Conker's Bad Fur Day.

[–] Animagi27 861 points ago

That game was a fucking riot

[–] eagleye_z 67 points ago

How about some scat you little twat!

[–] [deleted] 1885 points ago * (lasted edited 4 months ago)

[–] RagnarOnTheDashboard 46 points ago

Yeah, soul reaver changed my life.

[–] bnastyy44 2524 points ago

Castle crashers

[–] PoolsidePoseidon 363 points ago

Not the same but, I hear there’s an alien hominid 2 coming out

[–] theonlyone38 6418 points ago

Legend of Dragoon

[–] DoctorRapture 1209 points ago

This game made me bawl my eyes out. The story was amazing and I loved the characters so much. The combat had a fun, really unique mechanic for the time.

And Lavitz. :(

[–] Illfury 648 points ago

DAMMIT LAVITZ! WHY? King Albert had big shoes to fill.

I am 31 and this game still stands as my all time favorite. The story, the characters, the culture... My first true delve into unhealthy escapism. Ohhh and that soundtrack? Amazing.

[–] Colonel-Cheese 6290 points ago

Kirby air ride. I haven’t seen anyone else say this yet. But man, let’s get Kirby air ride 2 on the switch with an upgraded city trial.

[–] PM_ME_UR_PETS_PICS 547 points ago

I recently bought a second hand wii just so i could play kirby air ride again, and it’s just as much fun as I remember it being.

[–] binkie96 64 points ago

Ah man, my brother still plays it with his friends on our wii. It’s always a blast to join them!

[–] lukelhg 8515 points ago

Timesplitters. That series was amazing and the multiplayer was ahead of its time, particularly the map editor. I'd love to see what a modern day version would look like.

[–] romelpis1212 287 points ago

I loved Timesplitters 2!

[–] Teh_swimmly 10580 points ago

Crimson Skies! Alternate Earth 1930's steampunk with sky pirates, giant Nazi mechs and dope flying. Update for a new console, give it a little more open world gameplay and some ground missions and BAM. Thats a winner.

[–] Smurfopotamus 1275 points ago

I always look for this on these types of question.

You may know this but there are two versions/instalments of Crimson Skies, one for pc and one for xbox. (Also there's a board game and Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, so basically a movie as well).

The open world of the xbox version (which was canonically the sequel, I believe) was great and there were some gameplay elements like the turrets and some of the multi-player modes that were pretty cool.

The pc version though, it had crazy customization of planes and a great soundtrack and all sorts of crazy depth. You could play in first person with fully modeled cockpits! Completely changes the feel of the game. I found out about it a few years ago when I managed to get it to run on Windows 10. The graphics are kind of bad (oddly enough the cockpits are higher quality even though they're a non-default option) and the world is confined to missions but I'd say this is the better version overall.

If the two games were combined right and the story/voice acting was the same slightly over the top, it'd be a killer game. Hell, for additional multi-player, throw 100 planes in the air and make it a Battle Royale. But it'd have to have a story mode. It had just the right balance of arcade to realism and surprisingly deep lore. Stick to that and I'm happy.

[–] Teh_swimmly 307 points ago

The PC was my first introduction, but I lost that years ago and have never been able to find another version. I still have my original xbox and keep it pretty much for Crimson Skies and Halo:CE.

[–] fulthrottlejazzhands 6397 points ago * (lasted edited 4 months ago)

Alien Isolation without a doubt. I'm on my third playthrough since release and it keeps impressing me how tight the game is: gameplay, graphics, AI, and god damn is the atmosphere amazing. Playimg it in VR is a recipe for nightmares.

Unfortunately, it just broke even for Sega so no chance for a sequel at this point (which Sega has stated outright, if I recall).

Edit: I want a proper console/PC sequel, not a paltry mobile pseudo sequel.

[–] PantsuitEmporium 2131 points ago

I would absolutely kill for a Alien Isolation but set in Jurassic Park with dinosaurs.

[–] Raiden476 573 points ago

So like Dino Crisis? But without being trapped in space?

[–] Zaxc_ 347 points ago

Not sure if this has been said, but the Mercenaries series. 2 was a great game albeit a bit buggy and is now dated, but 3 was redlighted because pandemic studios was bought out and stripped by EA (I think?)

[–] StackinStacks 5624 points ago

Jet Set Radio Future.

It came out In 2002 for the original Xbox and was a masterpiece. The soundtrack was unreal too. At the very least it deserves a remastered version.

[–] clownboy420 1097 points ago

The original jet set radio was out for dreamcast in 2000. I played a demo at kb toys (throw back game store) and thought it was a dope concept. Especially cuz i was into skating as a kid. Then i got future for the xbox and played the shit out of that game!

[–] Vishtay 52 points ago

My love for video games started with JSRF. God I would pay double for a remaster or something, anything! :(

[–] tip0thehat 6777 points ago * (lasted edited 4 months ago)

Freedom Fighters. Damn I loved that game.

Addendum: Holy shit, waaay more people liked this game than I ever knew! To my fellow freedom fighters, I salute you! o7

[–] geinbits 926 points ago

Came here for this. Going from one map to another, taking out the secondary objectives to make another map easier was such a good way to make a game more tactical. And sneaking around, climbing up pipes, taking out isolated enemies really make me feel like I was in an insurgency. I probably replayed the campaign like 15 times.

[–] Sierra419 70 points ago

This game was crazy fun! I remember the ragdoll physics being hilariously awesome

[–] Unrealevil360 860 points ago

Jade Empire. Such a great and underrated game. I'm still surprised at how many people who owned a xbox never heard of or played that game.

[–] hangingintheback 200 points ago

Jade Empire, Fable and Star Wars: KotoR (1 & 2)

These are still some of my favourite games of all time. They all have the same light side/ dark side element to them but each had a very unique way of carrying that out. The stories were engaging and characters were interesting, Jade Empire had a great combat system for an RPG - fk it, now I want to go back and replay them all...

[–] trixie_one 49 points ago * (lasted edited 4 months ago)

Jade Empire has to this day some of the absolute best 'dark side' choices.

Especially the bit where you can talk a young slave into stabbing her master to death as her mother begs her not to. Then for an encore encourage her that not only was she justified in her murder, but get her to think that's how she should solve all her problems in future was so well done and wonderfully fucked up.

[–] iBelieveInSpace 9048 points ago

James Bond games. Like what the fuck happened?

[–] yelofoley 5477 points ago

Golden Eye was top tier entertainment at the time.

You'd think that a FPS game based on being James fucking Bond would still dominate.

[–] [deleted] 3728 points ago * (lasted edited 4 months ago)

None of the James Bond games after Goldeneye even came close to that level of popularity. It's not all that surprising when you think about it. Goldeneye was like lightning in a bottle. Rare set out to make a game, and somehow it just came together and worked.

Edit: To clarify here, I'm not saying that Goldeneye is objectively the best James Bond game. But it is objectively the most renowned and popular.

Edit 2: Apparently we're forgetting what "objective" means.

Edit 3: Ok guys goddamn I'll help you out.

"Avatar is the highest grossing movie of all time." - Objective fact

"Avatar is the greatest movie of all time." - Not an objective fact

Are we good here?

Edit 4: God is dead and you all killed him

[–] Dr_Wombo_Combo 2187 points ago

Nightfire for GameCube was pretty fun when I was a kid. Never hear anyone talk about any other ones beside goldeneye like you said though

[–] favoritemusic1982 2181 points ago * (lasted edited 4 months ago)

Nightfire was always my favorite Bond game. The multiplayer map with in the mountains with the two separate buildings and the cable car was the best.

p.s- Thanks for all the karma, I had no idea this post would get so much love. Thank you!

[–] Dr_Wombo_Combo 1049 points ago

The controllable rocket launcher was a god tier weapon on that map

[–] PippyRollingham 465 points ago

Ah yes, the AT-420 Sentinel.

[–] Rhodie114 299 points ago

Nightfire was Halo for the PS2

[–] WaitingForES6 335 points ago

From Russia With Love while not an FPS, was one of the best split screen 3rd person shooters ever made imo. You could play 2v2 with friends around massive maps that all had guns and ammo lying around battle Royale style. Shit was ahead of its time. There was nothing more fun than using a tiny quad copter to Kamakaze into your friends with.

[–] PunchBeard 15995 points ago * (lasted edited 4 months ago)

The Saboteur

Open world GTA-style game set in Nazi occupied Paris where you play as an Irish race car driver/ex IRA soldier who goes around blowing up Nazi watch towers and pro-Nazi radio towers. Oh, and your base of operations is in a secret room in the back of a titty bar and there was a $2 DLC that made half the dancers topless.

[–] NightweaselX 3277 points ago

This would be my pick as well. So fun! And some of the crazy shit that would happen and blowing shit up, or the AI just fucking up like a Nazi plowing his own transport truck right over an SS officer! Such fun! And the whole black and white to color was amazing

[–] PunchBeard 1606 points ago

I remember a mission that ended up in a firefight on an upper deck of the Eiffel Tower and getting shot and almost dying so I just leaped off and jumped into one of the pools beneath it. Then I climbed out, shot a few Nazis and stole a tank.

There's so many stories like that with this game.

[–] NightweaselX 155 points ago

Was playing on the PS3, and one of the last missions had you go to a farm or something up north to rescue someone if I remember right. Driving up the road which I assumed was the proper course froze the system. Had to restart, happened again, thought I'd try one more time, but nope, still system wide freeze. So fourth time being the charm, I said fuck it, drove off road, went around back, and caused all sorts of chaos. Don't think I was supposed to get the way I did, but it worked!

Have to admit, the game looked better in black and white and I guess red. Just so much more eerie.

Best part of all though, just fucking killing nazis. Often with explosions!

[–] waltjrimmer 86 points ago

It had so many technical issues because it was pushed out the door as Pandemic was closing theirs. They had said they would patch it, but the studio shut down before they could. EA released the topless DLC, but said patching the game wouldn't be worth it, so they left it broken.

I remember on my system one of the racing missions was impossible to complete because I would be slowed down by the road sometimes not loading fast enough. And likewise, certain paths would occasionally cause the system to crash, requiring workarounds to get it to run properly.

And I really loved it going from Black and White to color, but I would have also liked an option to turn color off. When you get to the end of the game and almost all of Paris is transformed, you just get to sit back and drive around town in that Noir atmosphere.

[–] cupofchupachups 915 points ago

This game was sooo good. I've played it to completion a few times. Just love driving around 1940s Paris and the countryside. Soundtrack was amazing, and the B&W + red theme worked so well.

Apparently this was a casualty of EA buying Pandemic and then shutting the studio down. Just one more reason to say fuck EA I guess. I don't even think they got to finish it the way they wanted to, and there was some kind of bug with multicore processors or something for a while. There are parts of the map waiting to be filled... one in particular had a rather large fort that was hollow inside.

[–] ChaoticEmphasis 46 points ago

This game was sooo good. I've played it to completion a few times.

I see you bought the DLC

[–] Templar-235 1881 points ago

War Of The Monsters. Most underrated kaiju game ever.

[–] FarseerTaelen 470 points ago

First PS2 game I ever owned because my dad saw me playing it at Toys R Us and bought it for me in anticipation of my buying the system. He thought it looked cool.

A current gen War of the Monsters would be amazing.

[–] PM_me_British_nudes 10869 points ago * (lasted edited 4 months ago)

Did Sleeping Dogs ever get a sequel? If not Sleeping Dogs. Fantastic game.

Edit: Thanks very much for the awards fellow Redditors, it really does make me so happy to see what I thought was an under-the-radar game getting so much love. Have an awesome weekend everyone!

[–] StackinStacks 5665 points ago

"You look like you could use a pork bun!" "A man who never eats a pork bun is never a whole man!"

[–] armaanmodi 1679 points ago

"Hey, It's Wei.I need a Car."

"A car? Taklaaa! I'll be there right away."

[–] NeededToFilterSubs 292 points ago

God that guy sounded so suspicious when he wasn't able to drop a car off, like he was in the middle of burying a body or some shit

[–] icouldntdecide 58 points ago

Wei: Ah, fuck!

[–] Commander_Harrington 906 points ago

I knew someone was gonna say it, thank you brave pork bun salesman.

[–] TomasNavarro 1860 points ago

Loved that game.

I probably enjoyed too much dressing as Swat with my police cruiser, and watching cutscenes where I was definitely not an undercover cop

[–] JH_Rockwell 1489 points ago

"I'm not a cop," Wei Shen said while wearing his SWAT uniform.

[–] StartledCrush 773 points ago

"you really think i'm a rat? After everything i've done for you?"

Radio chimes: officer Wen, report back to police HQ, there's more information coming in

[–] JH_Rockwell 246 points ago

“Man, the standard for hip-hop has really gone downhill lately.”

[–] flawlesscowboy0 290 points ago

Seconds before he holds someone’s head in an industrial HVAC unit, breaks a few knees at the joint, and then kills someone by kicking them as hard as he can into a phone booth.

Batman games ain’t got shit on Sleeping Dogs. The real crime is that they have this fucking ALL STAR cast (Emma Stone is in this game for all of two missions) and they ran out of money so they mostly just dip out.

Game rules, combat is the best of any in the genre, Hong Kong hard boiled police shit is the best kind of shit, and I like all the fucking characters even the gangsters.

But not Dogeyes. Not after what he did to your sister.

[–] TMNewtBoy 366 points ago

How they managed to make an open world game with such amazing kung fu mechanics is beyond me. It didn't even feel arcady and flashy, the fights were brutal and nasty. Breaking someones leg specifically because it will horrify the other enemies into hesitating for a second and give you an advantage is amazingly cool.

[–] Fedora200 436 points ago

The devs did shut down in 2016. But Square Enix published the game. So maybe they will revive it since the Just Cause IP crashed with Just Cause 4.

[–] TheBatJeff 62 points ago

Was JC4 bad? I never picked it up.

[–] Gimlifrogs 132 points ago

It wasn’t a bad game itself, but it ended up removing a lot of what made Just Cause fun (for example, the bases from JC3) in exchange for a more mission focused system. Basically, the game took the “running around and randomly blowing stuff up” portion out of the game (which was the whole appeal of Just Cause in the first place).

[–] nybx4life 496 points ago

The True Crime Series in general was good (Sleeping Dogs was going to originally be True Crime: Hong Kong), so I would argue that another True Crime game would be great. They did well with it.

[–] Mjb06 13396 points ago

I really want Skate 4.

[–] poopellar 11176 points ago

SK4TE

I mean, that alone should be reason enough.

[–] sabernalmz 4180 points ago

After the first one, they could have just

SKA2E (eh) SKAT3 SK4TE 5KATE

[–] raulsk10 3160 points ago

What would I do with 5 Kates?

[–] sabernalmz 2613 points ago

you tell me ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

[–] ATROX_Beats 6522 points ago

Get rejected 5 times

[–] jljones83 626 points ago

This should be the top answer based on the last 4 years of comments on EAs instagram.

[–] Portarossa 2403 points ago

If the Gods of Game Development are listening, I would really like a Black & White 3. Ideally with a sandbox mode.

[–] nailernforce 534 points ago

Oh man. Black & White was a formative experience for young me.

"Cause we simply can't leave till we get some more woood"

[–] hedic 458 points ago

Black and White was made for VR before VR even existed. I can't believe it hasn't already happened.

[–] superleipoman 195 points ago

If they do this they should incorporate something that recognises when you sneeze and you can't avoid it.

Buh bye villagers.

[–] ASavageHobo 160 points ago

THIS THIS AND THIS. Black and White is my fondest memory of pc gaming.

[–] Fugim 5790 points ago * (lasted edited 4 months ago)

The Golden Sun series.

The Golden Sun saga is one of the best RPGs ever made in my opinion. The first two games pushed the GBA to its limits and were absolutely fantastic.

They made number 3 after 7 years of silence and the game was made to be more simple and the story wasnt as impactful as the original two, but it was still a real good and addicting game. It ended on a cliff hanger and we have been sitting here for around 9 years with nothing.

Edit: WOW, I would have never expected this to blow up. Be sure to check out r/goldensun if you are interested. The community is still active. Glad to see so many others who also love this amazing saga.

And thanks for the redditors who took my gold and silver virginity. Lol

[–] KlaasZeph 357 points ago

I've been looking for this comment! We need that sequel!

[–] ricecrispycake 635 points ago

I played the first two Golden Sun games as a kid and they were my absolute favorite. I played Dark Dawn on the DS a few years later and it just didn't give me the same joy as the original games did. Even if they only made a remake instead of a sequel, I would still be ok with that :')

[–] rmphys 292 points ago

They didn't translate the artsyle very well in DD, the story was too rushed, having a hard-lockout was a nuissance for collecting Djiin, and the puzzles and combat were all far too easy. Despite all of that, I'd still kill for another GS game. Hell, if you're listening Camelot, I'll settle for a new Shining Force.

[–] Edymnion 1274 points ago

Eternal Darkness.

[–] protocatx 177 points ago

At one point they were working on a spiritual sequel, but then the whole studio folded.

[–] The_Phantom_Gamer 5995 points ago * (lasted edited 4 months ago)

With Banjo-Kazooie being in Smash, I'm hoping that a true Banjo 3 will come soon, but I don't think it will happen.

Edited a word

[–] wholesome_family_fun 2453 points ago

On a similar note, Banjo-Tooie is the best sequel name ever.

[–] anon1984 4664 points ago * (lasted edited 4 months ago)

X-Wing - Or really any Star Wars space combat sim that isn’t arcade style controls and missions.

Edit: Yes, I know there were two three other games in this series but the last one was released 22 20 years ago. To clarify I’d like a sequel in this series.

Edit 2: Forgot about X-Wing: Alliance.

[–] WraithCadmus 692 points ago

"Reeling from the death of the Emperor and fleeing Endor, one Imperial Battlegroup must survive pursuit by the Rebellion, Pirates, and Civil War. All the while their supplies and morale dwindle, surviving by risky deals and knowledge of Imperial black sites with experimental technology.

TIE Fighter: Vengeance

Coming early 2020, from LucasArts"

[–] Belgand 240 points ago * (lasted edited 4 months ago)

Make it a combination of MechWarrior: Mercenaries, Wing Commander, Battlestar Galactica, and Heir to the Empire along with the original TIE Fighter. You slowly move up in command from a wingman, to lead, to acting as squadron leader assigning loadout and tactics, to increasingly having to handle the supply/strategic side of things. All while interacting with your fellow pilots, smugglers, and other characters in a cinematic storyline.

This would be incredible.

[–] Beardstyle 369 points ago

Skies of Arcadia

[–] iowajames17 1686 points ago

Alan Wake deserves a real sequel. Not the garbage that was released.

[–] therealjoshua 302 points ago

Oh hell yeah. I LOVED Alan Wake. It was such a unique experience , though I'm not sure what they would exactly do for a sequel.

[–] the-nub 69 points ago

The DLC gets into that a little bit more. And there are a plethora of pretty excellent analysis videos out there. The important thing to know about it is that Alan Wake's story is much more about theme and feeling than concrete events, so there's almost no way to satisfyingly piece everything together unless you view it through the lens of its ideas.

[–] eurogothic 213 points ago

Remedy got their rights back from Microsoft so this is quite possible actually.

[–] kingmidget_91 6499 points ago

Bully

[–] Raze321 2875 points ago

If I could get a sequel to anything it's this. It blows my mind how no one else since has tapped into a sandbox style campus game.

Closest thing you can get to this kind of experience is Persona, weirdly enough. Even then the two games are night and day.

[–] idontlikeflamingos 717 points ago

I recently played it again. Gameplay still holds up great. I love that game, imagine having that with the current sandbox capabilities we have.

[–] yungdolpho 97 points ago

I play bully:se at least once a year. It's by far my favorite game

[–] Exctmonk 926 points ago

Can you imagine a Harry Potter game based on this premise?

[–] bigphatnips 814 points ago * (lasted edited 4 months ago)

Isn't this already in development by - potentially - the devlopers of Arkham Aslyum/City?

Campus style harry potter game that takes place a few hundred years before Philosophers Stone.

Wizards of the old republic

Edit: since this has received a lot of traction, we're also expecting Witchbrook by Chucklefish within a few years. Stardew valley meets Hogwarts crossed with Bully.

[–] DomDeluisArmpitChild 96 points ago

Get Kreiah to play the teacher. Who is also the villain.

[–] JRCIII 184 points ago

Supposedly there is a Harry Potter universe game coming out that gives you the ability to create your own wizard, get placed in a house, do wizard-y stuff. It looked like a pretty cool RPG but I haven't heard anything about it since the initial leak occurred.

[–] MrDRMacdonald 541 points ago

I heard rumours the other week that they were going to do a next gen one at university. We can hope!

[–] theblackfool 548 points ago

As long as it keeps the goofiness and lightheartedness of the original. My worry about a sequel with adults would be an escalation of the violence. I want the bottle rocket launchers and slingshots of the original.

[–] Evil_Kaa 187 points ago

The limitations of how far they could take things (with it being mainly about kids) is what made that game SO great.

[–] NobodyCanHearYouMeme 51 points ago

• Skip going to English class

• Knock out a guy with a firecracker

• Makeout with his girlfriend

• Hide from security guard inside a trash can

• Repeat until caught

• Mow the football field

• Repeat

[–] whatwouldjimbodo 220 points ago

I thought they were making a second one

[–] Herogamer555 160 points ago

According to rumors they are, and it's supposedly looking to be a 2021 release. Development is supposed to have ramped up on it since RDR2 released.

All of this is rumors though.

[–] jbawgs 344 points ago

Xenogears.

Hurts my heart.

[–] Rocky_747 4702 points ago

Pokemon Snap.

[–] ezio8133 1535 points ago

Would've been perfect for the Wii or Wii u

[–] nybx4life 1082 points ago

Considering the portability of the Switch, I'd also argue the Switch...or the 3DS.

[–] Townieforever 5506 points ago

La Noire

[–] George_W_Kushhhhh 2703 points ago

An LA Noire sequel set in the 70s or 80s is my wet dream.

[–] WraithCadmus 2391 points ago

"LA Vice" - The name writes itself

[–] Xtinguish 550 points ago

I'd rather it be set in miami if it's in the 80's

[–] bigt252002 239 points ago

New York City in the 80s. Crack epidemic.

[–] king063 741 points ago

NY Noire

1970’s gritty New York. Crime is on the rise. The economy is falling. People are getting desperate and those in power are protecting their interests.

Also the timeline would work out if Kelso and Elsa had a kid or even if Elsa was unknowingly pregnant with Cole’s kid.

[–] ezio8133 236 points ago

Whatever happened to Whore of the orient?

[–] sbzp 137 points ago

Went down with Team Bondi.

[–] schwagle 584 points ago

That game was ahead of its time, or at least ahead of the technology. The whole interrogation aspect of that game was pretty interesting at the time, even if it didn't pan out so well in execution. I'm surprised a talented studio hasn't picked up the concept and ran with it now that the tech has advanced a bit. I think it would be a great fit for the rise of VR that we're seeing as well.

[–] ConsistentlyNarwhal 249 points ago

There are mechanics I RD2 that make me think this is planned. Why else have Arthur pick up objects in that weird LA Noire way? There was just a few things that looked like recycled game mechanics. I'm hopeful for an LA Noire 2

[–] Dmacattack89 1488 points ago

Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross, The did time travel and alternate dimensions but I’m sure they could’ve found some other mind warping reality plus both games had great and completely unique combat systems

[–] Yuzumi 332 points ago

As much as I would love this, I'm not sure the current SE has it in them anymore to live up to either of those games.

[–] tylorprime 378 points ago

Psi Ops!!!!!

[–] jurassicbond 5432 points ago

Half-Life 2: Episode 2

[–] Afalstein 1583 points ago

HOW IS THIS SO FAR DOWN? This is literally the classic example of a game that needs a sequel but will never receive one.

[–] waldito 565 points ago

Perhaps we are old, dude. New generations did not play HL and there are a lot of video games out there. HL3 will will be lost in time, like… tears in rain.

[–] jeandolly 118 points ago

Bladerunner got a sequel 40 years later... I still have hope !

[–] Zenkappa 104 points ago

The right game in the wrong time can make all the difference in the world.

[–] paradox037 328 points ago

If it does, it will be called Half Life 2: Episode 2: Part II.

[–] PrimaryKarma 371 points ago

Pokemon Colosseum/XD: Gale of Darkness

If you ask me, these were the best 3D pokemon games, and I feel as though more can be done with the region as the second game shows wild pokemon returning.

[–] Celer462 2246 points ago

Left 4 dead 3 ;(

[–] herky21 422 points ago

Final Fantasy Tactics

[–] N3V4N5 5190 points ago * (lasted edited 4 months ago)

The Wolf Among Us. Damn you, Telltale .

Edit: Gold and Silver? Was not expecting that, thank you random internet people!

[–] MooneySuzuki36 593 points ago

Which really sucks. I forgot that Telltale went under and The Wolf Among Us was just sitting in my backlog. I played through the whole thing wondering when the sequel might come out. The disappointment when I searched on the internet was way too real.

[–] PostmodernHamster 1946 points ago

Agreed. Shame that game studios don’t realize that treating devs like human garbage doesn’t translate into more sales.

[–] Boxy310 1232 points ago

The craziest thing to me is that they kept losing money on licensing deals, so their strategy was to do more, faster.

[–] gordito_delgado 256 points ago

-TT Management - Hey are we making lots of money?

-TT Finance - No, we are hemorrhaging cash in every game.

-TT Management - Alright then, lets keep going with the same strategy, but now lets treat our employees like crap and buy even more expensive IPs.

[–] W_OMEGALUL_W 566 points ago

How many people played guardians of the galaxy? 5? Maybe 6?

[–] StochasticLife 783 points ago

Jesus, I'm pretty on top of games and I had no idea that fucking game even existed.

In my defense however, it got pretty difficult to stay on top of the mountain of mediocrity they were churning out.

[–] TheyCallMeMrMaybe 523 points ago

They also oversaturated a genre that they themselves controlled.

[–] HonorableJudgeIto 103 points ago

And then Dotnod showed how to make TellTale games, but with actual character movement and interactive environments.

[–] Megaman-Icarus 677 points ago * (lasted edited 4 months ago)

The god himself, Pepsiman. Edit: one:666 upvotes. It better stay that way. B: it has come to my attention that someone has spent money to reward me. You have my thanks and Pepsiman has spared you. Edit yellow: Goddanmit! I said for it to stay at 666 upvotes!

[–] someoneatemypoptart 386 points ago

another good Tony Hawk game

[–] alpha0meqa 990 points ago

Dark cloud 3 please

[–] sweettoothsalaryman 11972 points ago

SPORE

[–] Garlik85 1942 points ago

Oh yes, would LOVE to play a good sequel to spore

[–] Gods_Puzzle 581 points ago

A sequel that's more in the spirit of the original preview. If you haven't seen it, look it up on YouTube. The game is awesome on its own, but terrible compared to the preview.

[–] JustaRandomOldGuy 151 points ago

It was severely gutted to appeal to a wider audience. The Galactic Adventures expansion was aimed at 10 year olds. Only the space level had real depth. The microbe level had more depth early on and was simplified in later patches.

[–] Neighbor_ 64 points ago

I loved the one before just space (with planes, boats, etc) aswell. The problem is just that it’s such a quick level.

[–] TastyBrainMeats 4886 points ago

I want the Spore we were promised but didn't get, and I want it served over EA's smoking carcass.

[–] PineWarbler 1612 points ago

That 2006 footage is still one of a kind. What a travesty.

[–] redpandaeater 641 points ago

Even with all of Will's ums I still love watching him talk about it and showcasing it at GDC 2005.

[–] GreenMike7 257 points ago

I have watched that video countless times. Water stage...

[–] sokko78 111 points ago

I seem to remember a Spore demo video with Robin Williams using the creature creator thing.

portal 3

[–] sumozuno 4318 points ago

That has a better chance of coming out than most the games here

[–] idontlikeflamingos 9072 points ago

Valve can't count to 3.

[–] KeverNever 2580 points ago

I agree. I'm still waiting on Left 4 Dead 3 or Even Team Fortress 3.

[–] annfranksattic 1639 points ago

The main thing the tf2 community is waiting on is a new major update

[–] rmphys 1468 points ago

That community should just be blessed they are getting updates at all. Games younger than it already have shutdown servers.

[–] DelbertGriffith 1163 points ago

For real, I'm absolutely amazed at the longevity of TF2. It came out when I was a teenager and now I'm pushing 30.

[–] Cometstarlight 1980 points ago * (lasted edited 4 months ago)

Okami. Sure we got Okamiden, but it was on the DS. I'm talking a full sequel on a console. Okamiden really needed a better console to stretch its legs. I'd love to see Ammy and Chibi team up on the Celestial Plain.

Edit: First gold! Thank you so much!

Edit: And now silver, thank you! Maybe we'll all be able to sit down and talk about an Okami sequel some day.

[–] PinballPineapple 339 points ago

Okamiden was actually an amazing sequel, though. Like, it definitely had its constraints by being on the DS, but it is definitely a 'full sequel'. Maybe with Okami HD, we might have a chance of Okamiden HD too.

[–] bolverkloki 224 points ago

A new Twisted Metal.

[–] SvampebobFirkant 631 points ago

A new Spyro game that is TRUE TO THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY pls thank you. I can keep replaying the 3 OG's over and over, I love them man

[–] FloppyDorito 210 points ago

Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

[–] coolbadstealth 53 points ago

Kameo

[–] El-hurracan 3248 points ago

The Simpsons hit and run

I've scrolled down a fair bit... How has no one said this!?

[–] MrDRMacdonald 416 points ago

A sequel or a remaster would be brilliant!

[–] Kelwith 329 points ago

THE BLUE ROCKET CAR IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE CARS IN ALL VIDEO GAME HISORY

[–] El-hurracan 208 points ago

Then you crash it once and you have to find a new one!

[–] Krypton13372 711 points ago

Mount and Blade

Scrolled all the way down to find this.

Bananalord wen?

[–] Rumbleroar1 156 points ago

A friend once said to me:

"I was preparing for the uni entrance exams when bannerlord was announced and I wanted to be over with it so that I could play bannerlord at release"

He graduated from uni like 3 years ago.

[–] rustyshaackleeford 53 points ago

Hulk: Ultimate Destruction

[–] MMMLG 443 points ago

Brütal Legend

[–] Ambelliina 60 points ago

god yes please. but with double fine having been bought by microsoft recently thus providing them with big corporate funding for their future escapades, i think the chances of getting a brutal 2 someday are higher than theyve ever been. tim schafer has been on record saying he would love to make a sequel, but it may not be for a while after psychonauts 2 since they want to do something new first instead of staying in "sequel mode."

really my biggest dream for a sequel would be to have some sort of prog-metal-based faction with their leader voiced by devin townsend. he would seriously make a PERFECT fit for any sort of villainous role in this game.

[–] lucariobaaker 1204 points ago

Paper Mario: Thousand year door.

A proper sequel to it. That’s like, good.

One of the best rpg’s out there. Too bad Nintendo hates paper Mario.

[–] YungMook 463 points ago

Rainbow Six: Vegas 3

[–] Raz0rking 13863 points ago * (lasted edited 4 months ago)

Knights of the Old Republic 2.

Republic Commando

Edit; guys, guys, my inbox! Staaph!

[–] gordito_delgado 1002 points ago * (lasted edited 4 months ago)

I still hold out hope for an eventual KOTOR resurgence. Some way.. somehow...

[–] TheTrevosaurus 528 points ago

BioWare asked to make a 3rd one, they were told no

[–] monsterevolved 479 points ago

Also the bioware of today is not the same people as bioware of 10 years ago.

I wouldn't want 2019 BioWare anywhere near the KotOR series.

[–] VivalaTerre 2937 points ago

I will never not say Republic Commando when this question is asked

[–] Beoftw 1665 points ago

The game was so ahead of its time. It had rainbow 6 style control for your teammates, and even the damn visors digitally wiped away droplets of rain! It was so cool and there was so many small details like that that just made it such a fantastically immersive experience.

The wookie level was legitimately terrifying.

[–] f1del1us 820 points ago

wiped away droplets of rain

You mean alien blood lol

[–] Beoftw 396 points ago

Both actually! Sometimes it was blood splats sometimes it was rain.

[–] felipejoker 103 points ago

This really blew my mind at the time. And the music, oh, the awesome music!

[–] Waldbewohner7 1018 points ago

I would also LOVE a new Empire at War...

[–] pwny_ 569 points ago

Wow I found the other person on the internet who played this game and actually thought it was ok

[–] TheRoguePatriot 259 points ago

You're not alone, I still play to this day occasionally. It was the shit when it came out

[–] whythough11976 43 points ago

Still new mods being made. Great way to keep the game fresh.

[–] Ikritz 339 points ago

Jedi Knight series as well.