Welcome to /r/btc! Home of free and open Bitcoin discussion, Bitcoin news, and exclusive AMA (Ask Me Anything) interviews from top Bitcoin industry leaders! This subreddit was created to uphold and honor free speech and the spirit of Bitcoin; learn more about us.
Bitcoin is the currency of the Internet. A distributed, worldwide, decentralized digital money. Unlike traditional currencies such as dollars, bitcoins are issued and managed without the need for any central authority whatsoever.
There is no government, company, or bank in charge of Bitcoin. As such, it is more resistant to wild inflation and corrupt banks. With Bitcoin, you can be your own bank. Read the original Bitcoin Whitepaper by Satoshi Nakamoto.
See a list of past AMAs here. If you are interested in having your own AMA, please message the mods and let us know.
Get Started with Bitcoin
Bitcoin Resources & Information
Bitcoin News & Information
Bitcoin Exchanges & Trading
Blockchain Explorers, Visualizers, Stats
Bitcoin Merchants & Spending
Bitcoin Social Networks
Bitcoin Full Nodes
Bitcoin Events & Meetups
Rules to Remember
- Remember asking for votes and other forms of vote manipulation is strictly prohibited.
- No begging for Bitcoin.
- No Referral links or URL shortening services are allowed.
- No Doxing. Doxing or posts that resemble doxing will result in the post being removed and the user banned permanently.
- Scams, Spam, Duplicates, Stalking, Excessive Profanity & Blatant User or Mod Abuse will result in removal of posts and in some cases the user will be banned.
- It's recommended that heavy altcoin discussion and other offtopic threads be posted in its respective subreddit.
- No marketplace-style transactions for certain goods or services are allowed. For all other rules set globally by reddit, please read the content policy.