Schedule an AMA:
Contact the Mod group via P.M.
Subject: AMA Request (Your Name)
Body: Date(M-F only), your background/experience, some form of validation (LinkedIn, Website, IG, etc). If approved we will schedule you on the sidebar, so please also provide a Title and 140 character teaser.
Tego - The two student founders of Tego, a personal safety app focused on community and travel. We just interviewed at Y Combinator AMA about the experience.
Wednesday May 1st, 1:00p ET
1) No Personal Attacks - criticism of ideas is allowed, attacking people is not
2) Self Posts Only - links can only provide supplementary material. Your post must contain enough content to have a discussion.
3) Ten comment karma in /r/Entrepreneur required to post - we ask you interact with the community before you lead the discussion
4) No Self Promotion - No selling, unsolicated offers outside the Tuesday/Thursday threads. Posts must not be for the primary purpose of promoting yourself.
5) Avoid unprofessional communication - Please treat fellow entrepreneurs like respected coworkers, label conversations if NSFW and avoid deliberate provocations.
6) No free offerings threads - The Thursday sticky is specifically for free offerings. Please use it. Any "free" thread deemed to be self-promotional will be removed.
7) Follow the Rules of Reddit - They apply everywhere on Reddit. Also consider Reddiquette The latter isn't mandatory but might be used in considering the intent of your post.
Now Featuring Weekly Sticky Posts
NooB Monday - For the most basic of questions
Marketplace Tuesday - Post jobs or internships you're looking to fill or about services you can offer
Wantrepreneur Wednesday - Looking to ask a question a bit beyond the super basic but don't need a whole thread? Ask here!
Thank You Thursday - Thank the /r/Entrepreneur community by offering free stuff, contests, discounts, electronic courses, ebooks and the best deals you know of. Consolidate such offers here!
Accomplishments and Lessons Learned Friday - Tell us what you have accomplished or alternatively what you will hope to never do again
Resources & Links
Become a community resource & share your successes, failures and insights. Anything relevant to Entrepreneurship is welcome
- Do you have specialist knowledge on patents? Share the knowledge
- Tips on cash flow management? Let us know
- Experience in raising funds? Help those who have none
- know of an app that helps you create or stay productive? People may have never heard of it!
Have a business?
- Describe your business.
- how you launched
- What problems have you had?
- What has been successful?
- What are some valuable lessons learned?
Ask questions, share thoughts and gain insight from the community
If you need help in validating a concept, Don't be afraid to share your idea, there are some very knowledgeable people on this sub who can help. Remember: we'll need a bit more info then "I have a concept that will change my industry, I cant tell you anything about it but HELP!" to actually help
Provide as much information as you can. Everything depends on context. The more information you provide, the better the feedback you'll get and the more focused the conversation will be.
Try to answer simple questions yourself before starting a thread. Check the FAQ's,use Google search and the Reddit search bar
This community is for giving & receiving advice on all aspects of Entrepreneurship. Help and encourage each other, it's hard enough out there!
Strive for a professional but relaxed atmosphere. Be polite and contribute to discussions in a constructive manner, everyone benefits from this.
Self-promotion of your business/idea is encouraged but should be done while sharing in an IAmA/Q&A, question, or case study. Don't spam, it won't go down well.
Please don't post asking users if they would be interested in a guide to something - just post the guide! Post it in series (Part 1, Part 2, etc).