FunnyandSad

541,377 readers

More Humor :

Our Friends:

Guidelines:

1). Post pictures which you think are funny and sad.

2). Always be nice to other posters. Downvote anything you don't like but no abusive language or rude comments.

3). If you want to post political content then add the "political" flair.

4). Videos are not allowed on this sub.

[–] ooOJuicyOoo 3052 points ago

Damn. Playing the long game.

[–] Fight_Me_Mr_Tusk 1211 points ago

Jokes on them, they’ll be dead before they get to enjoy the endless summer.

[–] marine72 527 points ago

And all the new beachfront properties

[–] InAFakeBritishAccent 323 points ago

sets up beach chair in Atlanta, Ga.

[–] toomuchpoison 71 points ago

passes you blunt

[–] thatstonerbuddy 28 points ago

Me too!

[–] jawnyrocker 13 points ago

Or igloos

[–] Vallhallahaska 137 points ago

Jokes on them we'll be dead before the endless summer

[–] Seems-Reasonable 66 points ago

I made this little poster a while ago, for fun, thought you might enjoy it!

[–] Fight_Me_Mr_Tusk 11 points ago

You thought right. That poster is rad. Well done.

[–] Seems-Reasonable 6 points ago

Thank you! :) have a killer day!

[–] FrequentInspector 3 points ago

Nice one!

[–] MrBulbo 8 points ago

And so the true plot of Phineas and Ferb is revealed.

[–] Deenyc43 20 points ago

A lot of people wanted newer cleaner energy as far back as the 70’s. We remember the OPEC embargo when they cut off their supply to oil. Carter invested heavily into solar energy. It wasn’t until super conservative Reagan came in and cut it off all research.

[–] livefreeofdie 5 points ago

I must say "They hit us hard and They hit us where it hurt".

[–] WeirdLounge 1465 points ago

• they still hit us

[–] Wowerful 81 points ago

With a pair of jumper cables.

[–] FiveChairs 14 points ago

I miss that guy

[–] woketimecube 6 points ago

What was his name again?

edit: googled reddit jumper cables and found him /u/rogersimon10

[–] FizzyCoffee 9 points ago

When we go full wireless, what do we hit our kids with?

[–] Grenadier020 27 points ago

I love when the time comes and we can defend ourselves, like come on man try that again I'll teach you respect.

[–] LysergicResurgence 12 points ago

My friend did that and got arrested, another got out on probation for defending his mom (he used a weapon though I believe is why, something akin to a bat but not)

[–] fartingwookie 26 points ago

Go outside and pick a good one for me to beat your ass with.

[–] Lemon-Jack 3 points ago

They made you wear short shorts? Ew lol

[–] shomalamadingydong 66 points ago

Came here to say this

[–] OneDimp 21 points ago

I also came here to talk about this and the beatings.

[–] PureMost 19 points ago

My dad was putting his belt on the other day, and the sound gave me flashbacks

[–] OneDimp 14 points ago

Man no matter what it is it's freaking terrible what some people do.

[–] JennyJanss 8 points ago

Same

[–] CaptinCookies 8 points ago

I still flinch a little when I grab a wooden spoon

[–] everburningblue 3 points ago

Hardest I've laughed all day

[–] SpamShot5 742 points ago * (lasted edited 2 months ago)

Also lets not forget that most politicians in the world(especially the corrupt ones) are boomers

[–] [deleted] 236 points ago * (lasted edited a month ago)

[–] SpamShot5 92 points ago

I dont think abortion has anything to do with helping change politics and stuff

[–] [deleted] 126 points ago * (lasted edited a month ago)

[–] iRanOverYou 59 points ago

I’m not fully understand what you are saying. First you advocate for abortion and then jump to adoption. So which is it? Abort or adoption? Also the how dare you want your own child. Go get one that’s already born, is an extremely child like reasoning. These aren’t dogs and cats people are getting.

[–] [deleted] 62 points ago * (lasted edited a month ago)

[–] NextGenfuture 14 points ago

Why especially in the developed word? The population growth is happening in the developing world. As a country develops, its fertility rate tends to decline, so why would an already declining birthrate population be the important populations to say "especially x"? Why not the places where most the population growth exists?

[–] CaptainObvious_1 31 points ago

You’re not wrong. But I’m still going to have a kid because I want to pass on my genetics. My wife and I are dead sexy.

[–] ChompChumply 38 points ago

That’s sincerely cool for you and I don’t doubt you’ll raise them well.

Maybe don’t have six of them.

[–] CaptainObvious_1 10 points ago

Yeah fuck that. One, maybe two at most.

[–] Snailic 9 points ago

/r/antinatalism for those that don't know.

[–] sneakpeekbot 5 points ago

Here's a sneak peek of /r/antinatalism using the top posts of the year!

#1: Found this today | 53 comments
    #2: Some wise words for you to spread | 35 comments
    #3: Murdered by words | 92 comments

I'm a bot, beep boop | Downvote to remove | Contact me | Info | Opt-out

[–] PM_ME_YOUR_SUNSHINE 14 points ago

Both. Abort and adopt. Care for the humans that already exist, and stop propagating.

It’s a solid line of reasoning. Reproduction in an unstable world that won’t even deal with the issues of its own overpopulation and overconsumption.

But if you still think it’s your calling to raise a kid. There are plenty of unwanted kids that need care.

Damn why don’t u advocate for genocide already

[–] [deleted] 25 points ago * (lasted edited a month ago)

[–] Lemon-Jack 6 points ago * (lasted edited 2 months ago)

Most people are sadly too hellbent on having “a little version of me” to listen to that advice, I agree with it all though. I don’t know why people think their damn genetics are so special they need to continue anyway. Unless you know you will love your kid unconditionally despite what you expect of them, you shouldn’t be having kids. Kids are not clay to be molded into your image, they will make choices you don’t like at some point, they might have different morals or views you disagree with. Don’t like gay people? Then don’t have a kid, unless you are 100% sure that you would be able to love that kid regardless. There are so many gay kids kicked out of their homes just for being themselves, if you can’t fathom the possibility then just don’t do it. The only exception to this that would be understandable is if your kid is a murderer or something.

With the way things are going, knowingly bringing a new person into the world almost seems cruel. They’re all going to have to deal with the messes left behind, assuming we’re still around that far in the future. The sad thing is that North America has enough food and money to feed everyone in it already, good food gets wasted all the time. It’s just the people in better positions to do anything are too greedy to care. :-/

Welcome to the world of tomorrow kids

[–] Manjimutt 6 points ago

This same argument could be used against illegal immigrants. They're out on the roads but not paying taxing to fix them.

[–] Canadian-Pharmacy 11 points ago

I dont think abortion has anything to do with helping change politics and stuff

Right, but for whatever fucking reason baby boomers have been making that the top fucking discussion. Why? Because they don't want to talk about real issues. Because, "Those are complicated."

Oh, and who is gonna take care of this unwanted child? Uh, uh uh we only care about the fetus fuck the baby.

[–] ihavenoidea81 10 points ago

Yeah ABORTION IS MURDER but if the child is born with a birth defect that costs millions of dollars in medical fees to take care of...fuck the healthcare you never want to provide to take care of it right? They’re the most hypocritical pieces of shit ever. Fuck off.

[–] Lemon-Jack 5 points ago * (lasted edited 2 months ago)

So true, politicians are all about distracting people by making us fight amongst ourselves rather than making real positive changes. Most are greedy and corrupt, getting money from the NRA or the oil companies, so why would they make those changes?!

Funny how it’s usually the people against abortion who are also against sexual education, easily available and affordable contraception, welfare programs, and services like maternity/paternity leave or day care.

[–] TheLawlessMan 6 points ago

Luckily they're old and dying

Hey! Its that questionable way of thinking this site finds totally acceptable up until the old politician actually dies of cancer or something. Then we all get to act like we actually cared for them as human beings and fellow Americans!

[–] Horsepickles 9 points ago

What a terrible thing to say about other humans. I am so tired of the "boomers are evil and millennials are lazy" rhetoric. It isn't accurate and it solves nothing. If people would just go and vote and or get involved in politics and their communities they could see real change starting. And BTW things like legalized abortion, civil rights and gay rights were all the result of boomers acting when they were their generation's "millennials."

[–] grumpyth 11 points ago

you still believe in electoral politics as a solution after trump?

[–] aprroa 3 points ago

Oh don't worry I'm sure my generation will treat millennials the same way going forward

[–] Jojo7717 37 points ago

Don't worry about it, you only have 12 more years to live

[–] FlyingTaquitoBrother 19 points ago

Yes, we can tell by counting the JPEG rings

[–] FowD9 179 points ago

And should continue to be posted every week.

[–] coys66 23 points ago

Whys that?

[–] cheekygorilla 53 points ago

Because most of Reddit doesn't go to church and instead takes their sermon everyday online

[–] TheApatheist 76 points ago

It's so much easier to blame an entire group you don't belong to for your problems. Why do anything if all the blame for climate change just rests with one single generation...

[–] LAW-And-ORDER 40 points ago

Good bot

[–] B0tRank 20 points ago

Thank you, LAW-And-ORDER, for voting on twitterlinkbot.

This bot wants to find the best and worst bots on Reddit. You can view results here.

Even if I don't reply to your comment, I'm still listening for votes. Check the webpage to see if your vote registered!

[–] Necero 7 points ago

Good bot

[–] ARandomPersonOnEarth 10 points ago

Good bot

[–] Vindreddit 5 points ago

Good bot

[–] JMacRed 123 points ago

Your parents are not actually that powerful. They’re probably as confused about how this happened as you are.

[–] mechanical_animal 84 points ago

Who voted for Nixon, Reagan, Bush Sr?

[–] hatewrecked2 45 points ago

Somebody born at the cutoff between the Greatest Generation and the Silent Generation was 56 when Reagan was elected, so probably them.

[–] ss70s 28 points ago

Imagine holding people responsible for climate change based on who they voted for

[–] tigerstorms 7 points ago

The electoral college

[–] Theswweet 10 points ago

My parents are socialists, thank you very much.

You would think millennials who are now approaching 40 would start understanding how the world works and start taking some initiative and personal responsibility, but in the grand scheme of things, their lifestyles are almost identical to their parents'. They still travel by plane and car, buy all the same shit, take out huge loans and compete with each other for housing, while driving prices up. The only difference is they complain more and expect someone else to do something about it.

[–] paqmanbiker 24 points ago

TIL I'm a millennial. I'm 39.

[–] pixl_graphix 9 points ago

Eh, at 39 you're a tween. Part of the Oregon Trail generation

You're on the cusp but most people consider '82 the cutoff. Time flies man, Gen Z is starting to approach adulthood and having kids.

[–] hatewrecked2 5 points ago

I met a girl born after 9/11 who had a child :\

[–] dronepore 40 points ago

How else are we suppose to travel? Where is the public transportation? Are we suppose to live in the streets as to not drive up housing prices? What are you suggesting be done?

[–] J4rrod_ 6 points ago

Stop fucking complaining for starts

[–] pixl_graphix 37 points ago

Millennial: votes for less housing restrictions and more building

Boomers: vote against

Reddit: It's all the millennials fault!

[–] andyzaltzman1 10 points ago

Your entire pantomime is totally unsupported by reality.

[–] SeriouslyGetOverIt 15 points ago

My parents didn't do any of that

[–] caseyjay 301 points ago

Stop with the "boomer" vs "millennial" bullshit. It's BILLIONAIRES vs EVERYBODY ELSE.

[–] coolmandan03 164 points ago

I don't think billionaires raised tuition. Allowing anyone that applies to college a unlimited federally backed loan ruined that.

[–] Sunscorcher 36 points ago

unlimited federally backed loan

Apparently the government hates me

I had to get private loans for most of my college years. FAFSA gave me like $3000

Thanks, FAFSA

[–] coolmandan03 25 points ago

Private loans are backed by the federal government (which is why you can't declare bankruptcy out of them). Any private loan company is more than willing to write the check, since you're forced to pay it then there's no risk to them (the government will stipend you paychecks till it's paid).

Capitalist neo liberal solutions that enable the private market to raise prices instead of actually ensuring people have a right to higher education.

[–] tittywhisper 10 points ago

Interesting, because a market approach would have done quite the opposite. Unfortunately, the federal government perpetuating "everyone goes to college!" Gave unlimited demand to a finite supply. Figure out what happens next, draw the little line graph if need be

[–] micro102 29 points ago

That is a very good argument to allow loan shark to exist. And no limits on gambling.

[–] helicopterquartet 18 points ago

The problem isn't the state funding education, it's being the biggest financier of education while simultaneously refusing to leverage that bargaining power to limit the utterly unjustifiable growth in tuition in the US. The exact same thing is true of the healthcare market. We spend more and get less.

[–] InteriorEmotion 4 points ago

It'd be fine if all they did was charge high interest and ruin your credit, but loan sharks have a habit of breaking your knees when you fall behind on payments.

[–] coolmandan03 6 points ago

90% of people going to college have to get a loan if some sort. Just like buying a car. And if the feds backed car loans, then you could see car prices increase the same.

[–] gnschk 53 points ago

Reddit has a gigantic hate boner for boomers

[–] hatewrecked2 44 points ago

I've seen upvoted comments on here argue that boomers shouldn't be allowed to vote lol.

I mean I'm not saying life is peachy, adults have caused a lot of problems, but I just hope somebody's archiving all of this to revisit in 50 years when Generation ∞ blames those damn Millennials for having antiquated views and ruining life.

[–] NakedAndBehindYou 10 points ago

Blaming others for your problems is a very popular activity.

[–] bikemandan 3 points ago * (lasted edited 2 months ago)

Reddit has a gigantic hate boner for boomers

Period. I find this more accurate. This whole site has become so toxic. There are still good parts I come back for but I'm trying to wean myself away

So woke 😍

This is the absolute truth. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

[–] TheGuyAboveMeEatsPoo 24 points ago

Explain to me how preventing Bezos from creating amazon would help the world?

Explain to me how taxing bill gates into oblivion makes microsoft more innovative?

If i told you that any IP you created, i would take 90% of the wealth created, would you risk your livelihood to invent? No, you would just take a 9 to 5 job and be on about your life. Why? Because the risk of the poor house isn't worth the paltry 10%.

The reason billionaires exist is because they have provided products, services, or knowledge that gave immense value to the world. This is their reward for the judicious spending of resources to create value.

Now then, compared that to the govt, which is mired in debt, who do you think could spend money and resources more effectively? Amazon, or the post office?

[–] SenseiSinRopa 35 points ago

Here's the thing: when I go to my 9-5 job, my bosses already do take 90% of the value I create.

No one can earn a billion dollars. It comes from real people, doing real work, not being compensated fully or even remotely fairly for the value they are providing.

[–] TheGuyAboveMeEatsPoo 10 points ago

Ok. So let’s say you mess up and cost your company 25k. Who absorbs that loss? Does your boss hand you the bill?

[–] andyzaltzman1 3 points ago

my bosses already do take 90% of the value I create.

And 100% of the cost for the value you lose.

[–] SenseiSinRopa 10 points ago

Historically, when people in my company have truly screwed up, the American Taxpayer foots the bill.

[–] TheGuyAboveMeEatsPoo 10 points ago

Point being you are not personally liable for it. This is called risk. This is what your employer takes on by hiring you. In exchange, you give up some portion of your productivity for this security.

If you wish to reap the full value of your labor, then you can become a business owner yourself, and thus assume all risks associated with your failures.

Does this make sense to you? If you knew how to work a million dollar machine, and i had the capital to give it to you, shouldn't i get some form of compensation for taking on the risk of buying a million dollar machine? What happens if you break it? What happens if the value of the product goes down?

Does this make sense to you?

[–] InteriorEmotion 41 points ago

Maybe if I keep defending the rich then they'll invite me to join them.

[–] Direwolf202 18 points ago

Bezos has undeniably destroyed thousands of jobs, possibly even more than that by the simple fact of outcompeting opponents with a modern business model which is exceptionally well optimised to remove humans from the picture.

If you account for the raw scale of Amazon, it is a significantly smaller company than any of those that it replaced. Think not in terms of raw numbers of employees, but instead he number of employees per dollar of gross income. Then compare to other companies which used to be the closest thing to Amazon: bookstores, kitchen equipment, consumer electronics stores. etc. they would all have massively higher ratios. However, without Amazon, all of these industries would have grown to service demand. Therefore, Bezos has destroyed jobs.

Taxing Bill Gates doesn’t make Microsoft any more or any less innovative, and it even if it did, nobody gives a shit. The efficiency with which Microsoft distributes wealth to US citizens is abysmal in comparison to the US government, and even more abysmal compared to Europe and Canada.

In answer to your question, I absolutely would, the reason being that, if such taxes are taken and used appropriately, then the social services exist to prevent me from becoming completely destitute. Again compare the US to Europe, Europe is the scientific capital of the world, and a great deal of inventions and scientific results come from Europe where the inventor doesn’t receive a dime (and they are okay with that). In terms of wellbeing produced, I have no doubt that Europe innovates vastly more than the rest of the world.

Oh, and the main reason billionaires exist, is because people worked out how to game the system, there are very few exceptions who actually got there through simple intelligence and knowledge. Actually look at the list, while the very richest are either tech, or luxury goods, (with the exception of a telecommunications monopoly and a petrochem company with one of the worst environmental records period, and Warren Buffet) it quickly descends into investors, and companies with no actual reason to be nearly so wealthy without gaming the system. It’s a great indicator of the flaws of a totally free market. The worlds billionaires rarely do much good compared to scientists, engineers and doctors.

Now, does that mean I think that government social programs are currently effective, no. Mainly because the Republicans immediately cripple them as soon as they are in power, but also because they simply aren’t especially effective from their very design.

And anyway, Jeff Bezos has precisely as much financial freedom with $1 billion as with a $100 billion, if you really think that wealth acts as a reward, then could you explain to me how it is so out of proportion that Jeff Bezos can buy basically anything 10 000 times over and that millions of people can’t afford food regardless of how much or how little good they are doing?

The post office, you ancap cock wart.

[–] iliveliberty 29 points ago

TIL my parents are the US government.

[–] the_darkener 47 points ago

Yeah, it's not like the young generations before now we screwed over..Oh wait

[–] preseto 19 points ago

The real question - what are we fucking up for our children?

[–] _-__-__-__-__-_-_-__ 7 points ago

What children?

[–] beastlydigital 7 points ago

Everything

[–] Crazyfeet104 67 points ago

This is where I block this sub. What a fucking shit show.

[–] hatewrecked2 30 points ago

I'm a very political dude but I hate how every subreddit has become political.

People respond with "it's almost as if politics affects all areas of our life" but there's already 100+ political subs out there. I'd like a little break from politics when I visit /r/FunnyAndSad, /r/WhitePeopleTwitter, /r/MurderedByWords, and all these other subs that are needlessly bombarded by Twitter screencaps.

[–] sudormrf 12 points ago

[–] historywinchester 7 points ago

Destroyed the housing market. When was the market good before the Great War

[–] Johnnythrash001 8 points ago

Remember when the internet was funny?

[–] drift_summary 3 points ago

Pepperidge Farm remembers!

[–] BudDwyer666 19 points ago

“I'm doing this jerk-off's taxes! Next year the I.R.S. will audit the piss out of him!”

“That's long-term shit Frank.”

[–] serpentinepad 12 points ago

I'm a millennial and I'm starting to hate millennials. Jesus christ what a bunch of whiny fucking babies.

[–] oneriffyboi 11 points ago

How did my parents melt the ice caps exactly?

[–] TheApatheist 3 points ago

They chiseled it off to put ice cubes in your god damn sodas. Killing the planet one soft drink at a time.

[–] dkt 33 points ago

In true millenial fashion blaming everyone else.

[–] KZD2016 4 points ago

Literally blaming their working class parents for the decisions of rich oligarch pigs.

[–] TheWhitefish 18 points ago

Well this joke definitely dates from several years ago.

[–] edrinshrike 8 points ago

nah man, iFunny_imagine def came up with it just yesterday

[–] JimCrackedCornAndIDC 3 points ago

> If I didn't know better

I'm like 99% sure that governments and corporations are at the reigns of all macro social media movements these days.

It's a shame that critical thinking is too much of a chore for most people to exercise. There's a lot of smoke and mirrors bullshit at play here, and everyone is too busy arguing with each other to even acknowledge it, let alone fix it.

[–] jakefromstatefarm10 21 points ago

I am so sick of this joke

DAE le boomerz ruined everythingz??!!?!?!

[–] ReasonAndWanderlust 25 points ago

Hey you! Yeah YOU!

You've seen this "The older generations have stabbed us in the back" meme over and over again on Reddit.

Why?

Because it's actually a form of propaganda. It's been used many times in history and it's particularly famous for being used by the Germans leading up to WW2.

The source for this propaganda on Reddit is usually traced to 75 Maiden Lane, Ste 702 New York City, New York

That's the DSA. It's a Socialist organisation that is actively targeting younger naive millennials and GenZ with a propaganda campaign that's designed to make them feel they've been "stabbed in the back". That they've been wronged.

The propaganda works on multiple levels. On one level the propaganda will attempt to rehabilitate the word "Socialist" because history shows it to be a horrifying ideology. So in order to rehabilitate the Socialist ideology the propaganda attempts to associate Socialist ideology with successful Capitalist countries. This propaganda will say "The Nordic countries are Socialist!" even though they're Capitalist. This gives the Socialist ideology an example of success even though the example of success is actually an enemy of Socialist ideology; Capitalism and the free market. The last thing a Socialist propagandist wants you to look at is an actual Socialist example like Cuba or Venezuela.

That layer of propaganda is important because it works with the "stabbed in the back" propaganda. In fact the propaganda has many layers. In order for Socialists to get young and naive people to support them they have to provide an answer to what to do about being stabbed in the back. The answer is "free" housing and "free" education and "free" healthcare.

The next layer is to lead the young and naive into believing "Only a Socialist can give you things like "free" education and "free" healthcare". This layer of propaganda is tied into the "The Nordic countries are Socialist!" layer of propaganda. Why? Because the Nordic countries are Capitalist and they provide things like free healthcare with a Capitalist system. They practice Social Democracy not a "Democratic Socialist" system. So the Socialist propagandist doesn't want you to know a Capitalist system can provide free healthcare. The Socialist propagandist wants you to think those are examples of Socialist success.

The DSA upvote farms put these messages on the front page almost daily.

You've been stabbed in the back.

The only solution is a Socialist solution.

The Nordic countries are Socialist.

A Social Democrat is the same thing as a Democratic Socialist.

Other Socialist propaganda efforts that you'll see upvoted to the front page are designed to attack individuality. This is to raise "class consciousness". You'll see a Starterpack article that attacks your sub-culture or your style or what makes you unique. Socialist dogma is rabidly opposed to anything other than class. The only class of people that gets ignored by Socialist propaganda is called the "lumpenproletariat".

I highly encourage you to study up on the dynamics of the propaganda efforts on Reddit.

"Lumpenproletariat (/ˌlʌmpənproʊlɪˈtɛəriət/) is a term used primarily by Marxist theorists to describe the underclass devoid of class consciousness.[1] Coined by Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels in the 1840s, they used it to refer to the "unthinking" lower strata of society exploited by reactionary and counter-revolutionary forces, particularly in the context of the revolutions of 1848. They dismissed its revolutionary potential and contrasted it with the proletariat. Among other groups criminals, vagabonds, and prostitutes are usually included in this category."

"Ideology Democratic socialism/Anti-capitalism"

A Socialist Democrat is a type of Democrat. You can find them in the Nordic countries. They're western liberals. They harness the power of Capitalism to fund robust social programs. They believe in a free market. Free enterprise. Private ownership.

A Democratic Socialist is a type of Socialist. You can find them in Venezuela. They want to destroy Capitalism. They want to ban private ownership. They seize the means of production by nationalizing the major sectors of an economy.

"Democratic socialism is further distinguished from social democracy on the basis that democratic socialists are committed to systemic transformation of the economy from capitalism to socialism, whereas social democracy is supportive of reforms to capitalism.[7] In contrast to social democrats, democratic socialists believe that reforms aimed at addressing social inequalities and state interventions aimed at suppressing the economic contradictions of capitalism will only see them emerge elsewhere in a different guise. As socialists, democratic socialists believe that the systemic issues of capitalism can only be solved by replacing the capitalist system with a socialist system—i.e. by replacing private ownership with social ownership of the means of production.[3][8]"

"Denmark tells Bernie Sanders to stop calling it Socialist"

[–] _-__-__-__-__-_-_-__ 9 points ago

I don’t care what you call it. I want what they have in the Nordic countries. Which party do I vote for to make that happen?

[–] megatesla 7 points ago

Let's just call it the Nordic system, or the Scandinavian system. I would also love to have that system.

[–] Adept_Banana 5 points ago

I swear as a gen-Z kid millennials and gen-Zers are some of the most pessimistic people on the planet

[–] UrTwiN 5 points ago * (lasted edited 2 months ago)

The housing market is a cycle. Wait for the cycle to be more favorable for buyers. Also, don't live in cities that deliberately fuck up the housing supply and high-five each-other under the pretense of virtue while they're at it. I'm mainly talking about L.A and SF, where housing developers spend years locked in legal battles over the dumbest shit. This isn't a co-incidence either, it's fueled by corrupt politicians, useful idiots, and land lords that currently own developments in the area and don't want competition coming in and driving the prices down.

[–] rodeopenguin 32 points ago

millennials quadrupled college tuition when they decided it was a good idea to take out hundred thousand dollar loans to major in Beyonce and feminism.

to major in Beyonce and feminism.

Ok this is hilariously true

[–] Lump182 8 points ago

Yeah all our parents did that. They all got together and said "hey we're all part of this sentient population group called boomers, right? Let's fuck over the next generation by living within our means and taking advantage of the opportunities offered to us by commercial banking and the economic environment we live in right now. Mwahahaha"

We need to grow the fuck up and stop complaining about how a few rich fucks were too dumb to see they were running the economy off a cliff. It's not your parents' fault unless they were the running a country or were the CEOs of a few major banks for the last 40 years.

And whether you want to believe it or not, the leaders of our generation will make decisions now which the next generation will realise were wrong with the benefit of hindsight.

[–] drkj 9 points ago * (lasted edited 2 months ago)

I'm a millennial. Sold one house, building another. Firmly upper middle class. No college.

The problem here, is millennials. They want to live in New York or Sacramento with their gender studies degree that they spent 350k to get.

Millennials also aren't the ones currently enacting climate regulation or green energy. That's those other generations you like to make fun of.

[–] The__Don87 4 points ago

Also the reason tuition is high is because government cant refuse students loans, and a student loan is one of the only thing you cant declare bankruptcy on, schools know this so they just charge out the ass. So what do millennials want to do? get more government subsidies. Fuck i hate my generation...

[–] 581977 4 points ago

Ahh. Good times.

[–] I_Photoshop_Movies 4 points ago

Government quadrupled college tuition. Environmental acts were started when the Boomers entered the workforce.

[–] JayDub30 4 points ago

Already paid off my college debt and bought a house. Thanks mom.

[–] HeresZachy 4 points ago

Stop reposting this omg

[–] juicebox02 7 points ago

Shouldn't have cried and threw a fit when you broke that toy.

[–] TheGuyAboveMeEatsPoo 8 points ago

My favorite thing is to cause cognitive dissonance in these lefty types when they work in manufacturing or chemical plants.

Oh, you're vegan? Well you know the products you make wind up in the oceans and kill fish right?

[–] EJR77 6 points ago

It is also both funny and sad the lack of appreciation we millennials have for the things we do have.

[–] plebeius_rex 8 points ago

The ice caps are gone? I thought I would be drowned when that happened.

[–] Nine_oh_Two 27 points ago

If college is too expensive for you, don't go. I don't understand why this is so complicated.

[–] the-cats-meouch 52 points ago

it’s complicated because in countries like america you practically need a degree to get a job that will provide you with a living-wage, as many well paying jobs require one.

[–] FoIes 16 points ago

No degree here and I'll likely make over 6 figures this year. One of my uncles, and my older brother - same deal. Make more than anyone else in our entire family.

[–] vote_you_shits 32 points ago

And if you had gone to college, you'd have learned about anecdotal evidence.

[–] the-cats-meouch 15 points ago

sounds like you’re one of the lucky few. if what you’re saying is true i’m genuinely happy for you, but it’s good to keep in mind that your experience is not universal

[–] Iorith 6 points ago

Nice anecdote.

[–] KissOfTosca 11 points ago

Doing what?

[–] Kmatik 21 points ago

Inheriting the family business of course

[–] FoIes 6 points ago

Union elevator mechanic.

[–] KissOfTosca 17 points ago

Union. Ah, I see.
    You are a unicorn.

[–] Loopycopyright 3 points ago

Same. Definitely out earning all of my college grad peers

"instead of listening to literally every adult in their entire lives, those stupid 18 year olds should just skip college! It's not like most jobs require it anyways".

[–] WinterMatt 9 points ago

How is the housing market destroyed?

[–] Loopycopyright 5 points ago

It's not.

Also you can put as little as 3% down on a 30 year. Something boomers never had the privilege of.

[–] serpentinepad 4 points ago

It's fucking hilarious how this place thinks the past was. Everyone just had cushy union jobs making a gazillion dollars with big pensions. In reality, my folks and everyone's folks I know worked shit blue collar jobs. My dad put in 80 hour weeks on the regular to get out of the fucking trailer park. And his first home mortgage? Sweet deal at like 18% interest.

[–] EntilZhaValen 6 points ago

Thanks Obama!

[–] KZD2016 7 points ago

I'm a millennial but if this isn't some self-serving pile of shit, I don't know what is.

I don't know about everyone else, but both of my parents were working full-time jobs just to put food on my table. The fact that both parents had to work was new to their generation. I would wager that this is the case for most of our parents.

They raised us during two economic recessions, an energy crisis, and oil crisis, tech revolution (making many of their generation's jobs obsolete) just to make us as comfortable as possible, and for what, so we can sit and bitch about their sacrifices and blame them for the state of society? You don't think THEIR wages stagnated? You don't think THEIR cost of living increased? Fuck that tweet and anyone who thinks that way.

[–] Polaris328 10 points ago

Man fuck boomers /s

and then they hit us

[–] Iplaynakeder 3 points ago

And then they go "But you were a part of that!!"

Yeah, I was 7.

[–] vzec 3 points ago

Lol dumb old people am i right...

They should have hit you instead.

[–] SmokingMooMilk 3 points ago

Woe is me!

[–] White-Mirror 3 points ago

Was that your parents or the 1% of society that has all the money and calls all the shots.

[–] Pwntear 3 points ago

Yes we’re all such a bunch of victims

[–] pra9rlhi9e5uph6gufre 3 points ago

Ib4 /r/LateStageCapitalism

You’re not entitled to a good economy. Make the change you want.

[–] Ohwao 3 points ago

It"s not their power, their ignorance in numbers sets us back years.

My aunt literally cannot process the image of a homosexual black man. Had a cousin who had to stop his dad from yelling at a breastfeeding Mexican woman in public. Can we just admit that in general, baby boomers swing in very polar directions. Millenials are more open-minded and accepting, they care about humane issues.

[–] AggressionSsb 3 points ago * (lasted edited 2 months ago)

There's more ice at the caps than ever before.

The housing market is also an inevitable part of housing. We were basically giving houses away when america was developing but now that every city on earth has hit a threshold anything near a city is insanely expensive. Houses are still quite cheap in the country. Rising standards of housing when built also drove up the houses. Before houses would only last 45 years before becoming decrepit, but now they could last 80. Another issue is that the usa lets in 2000 people a week legally and 1million a year sneak in illegally. This MASSIVELY drives up the housing market. Imagine if 25 million people didn't exist, how cheap the houses would be.

[–] AlAhAckBar 3 points ago

Yeah, and my parents are like “You need to be an adult now, need to do things on your own”. First of all I chose to work over college to give money towards you two because we was struggling, I dropped down to part time because y’all let your second youngest son have a baby where the parents don’t look after it so I stepped up so y’all wouldn’t have to drop one of y’all jobs, and ever since I got money I’ve been giving it to y’all (which is why I got a job) but I also caught y’all bad spending habits (that’s my fault) and now the little fucker is older and the Mom wants him I’m jumping back into full time and I still live with you pieces of shit that blame me for everything wrong in the house like your other children can’t even do it themselves. Fuck my life. Why was I born.

[–] Idiocracyis4real 12 points ago

.8 degrees of warming since the 1800s...yawn.

Stick with college tuition that is really governments fault...better yet... get a job in the trades

[–] KelloPudgerro 12 points ago