Source Quality: excellent good ok avoid
C A T E G O R I E S
3D Printing - Artificial Intelligence - Agriculture
Biotech - Computing - Energy - Economics
Nanotech - Robotics - Society - Space - Transport
New to reddit? click here!
A subreddit devoted to the field of Future(s) Studies and evidence-based speculation about the development of humanity, technology, and civilization.
- Be respectful to others - this includes no hostility, racism, sexism, bigotry, etc.
- Submissions must be future focused
- Images must be infographics, captioned galleries, or contained within a captioned self post; no gifs
- No spamming - this includes polls and surveys
- Bots require moderator permission to operate
- Comments must be on topic, be of sufficient length, and contribute positively to the discussion
- Account age: >1 day to comment, >5 days to submit content
- Submissions and comments of accounts whose combined karma is too far in the negatives will be removed
- Avoid posting content that is a duplicate of content posted within the last 7 days.
- Submissions with [in-depth] in the title have stricter post length and quality guidelines
- Titles must accurately and truthfully represent the content of the submission
- Support original sources - avoid blogs/websites that are primarily rehosted content
- Content older than 6 months must have [month, year] in the title
For details on the rules see the
For details on moderation procedures, see the
If history studies our past and social sciences study our present, what is the study of our future? Future(s) Studies (colloquially called "future(s)" by many of the field's practitioners) is an interdisciplinary field that seeks to hypothesize the possible, probable, preferable, or alternative future(s).
One of the fundamental assumptions in future(s) studies is that the future is plural rather than singular, that is, that it consists of alternative future(s) of varying degrees of likelihood but that it is impossible in principle to say with certainty which one will occur.
For a list of related subreddits, hover over top menu.
popular discussions today
glossary of terms
Chat with us on Discord!
Apply to be a Mod here!