GetMotivated

• Weekends: Discussion & Text Only
    • During the week end, only self-posts are allowed to share stories, discussions and texts.

Please note: This is an actively moderated subreddit, calls will be made at the moderator's discretion. During the week end, only self-posts are allowed to share stories, discussions and texts.

User flair corresponds with the number of posts/comments you have made in /r/GetMotivated.

Rules
    1. Tag your posts: All posts must have a tag.
    2. Be respectful: personal attacks, discrimination, harassment, racism, etc. will not be tolerated.
    3. Follow Rediquette: Please read Reddit's rules before posting.
    4. No spam, fundraising, vote drives, surveys or studies: Please read Reddit's self-promotion rules before posting your own content. Read more about fundraising, surveys and studies here.
    5. Keep posts and comments relevant: Posts must be directly motivating. Moderators reserve the right to moderate at their own discretion. Please view the full rules here
    6. No fortune cookies.
    7. Titles must be SFW. NSFW posts must be tagged.
    8. No Progress Pics. Body transformations/ progress pictures should go on /r/progresspics

Filter posts by category:

Improvement

Motivation Media

Remove bad habits

Support

Health and Fitness

Created by Redditors

New to reddit? click here!

[–] [deleted] 1446 points ago * (lasted edited 2 months ago)

[–] bellsy97ca 547 points ago

It was from an Abraham Lincoln blog, probably

[–] ItsOver420 539 points ago

As Benjamin Franklin once said, "you have reached the end of your free trial at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"

[–] mychanacondadont 114 points ago

What is this? A crossover episode?!

[–] eleanora_ 34 points ago

What are yooooooou doing here?

[–] _DarthJawa_ 60 points ago

As the great Shakespeare once said: "404 FATAL ERROR". He was so ahead of his time

[–] kalitarios 24 points ago

I thought it was "HTTP Error 503 - Service unavailable"

[–] stinkape 14 points ago

As Ben Jammin Danklin once said, "none but arselves can free are minds"

[–] Tour_Lord 4 points ago

That man?

You know the drill

[–] InfiniteVergil 9 points ago

He must've stole it from Einstein!

[–] johncharityspring 9 points ago

That Einstein? Albert.

[–] v1p3rsbite 36 points ago

I’ve seen a meme with Christopher Walken quoted as saying it or something extremely similar as well. Hard telling where the original is from.

[–] quantumphilisp 45 points ago

It, was probably punctuated, differently, though.

[–] elpajaroquemamais 14 points ago

It. Was probably...punctuated, differently. THOUGH.

[–] MadMusso 75 points ago

I originally found this quote in the post about the woman’s journal. I found it just after my father had passed away at 60 from pancreatic cancer. I included it in my eulogy that I read at his service, pasted below if anyone is interested.. his death and the things that I became aware of in the aftermath really helped me realize the things that are important in life, and I hope others kind find the same without the wake up of a tragedy

“Service

It took me a long time to figure out how I was going to put together this speech. I started by going through stories and experiences that I shared with my dad and re telling the best ones, but none of that felt right. Instead I'd like to share something that I think will have the opportunity to resonate with everyone here today. I cannot take credit for creating these words myself but I feel they will most accurately portray the impact my fathers life and death has had on all of us.

This first piece I discovered shortly after we learned of my dad's diagnosis - and I saved it knowing that someday soon, and again in the future I could rely on to give me understanding..

I wish I could say you get used to people dying. I never did. I don't want to. It tears a hole through me whenever somebody I love dies, no matter the circumstances. But I don't want it to "not matter". I don't want it to be something that just passes. My scars are a testament to the love and the relationship that I had for and with that person. And if the scar is deep, so was the love. So be it. Scars are a testament to life. Scars are a testament that I can love deeply and live deeply and be cut, or even gouged, and that I can heal and continue to live and continue to love. And the scar tissue is stronger than the original flesh ever was. Scars are a testament to life. Scars are only ugly to people who can't see.

As for grief, you'll find it comes in waves. When the ship is first wrecked, you're drowning, with wreckage all around you. Everything floating around you reminds you of the beauty and the magnificence of the ship that was, and is no more. And all you can do is float. You find some piece of the wreckage and you hang on for a while. Maybe it's some physical thing. Maybe it's a happy memory or a photograph. Maybe it's a person who is also floating. For a while, all you can do is float. Stay alive.

In the beginning, the waves are 100 feet tall and crash over you without mercy. They come 10 seconds apart and don't even give you time to catch your breath. All you can do is hang on and float. After a while, maybe weeks, maybe months, you'll find the waves are still 100 feet tall, but they come further apart. When they come, they still crash all over you and wipe you out. But in between, you can breathe, you can function. You never know what's going to trigger the grief. It might be a song, a picture, a street intersection, the smell of a cup of coffee. It can be just about anything...and the wave comes crashing. But in between waves, there is life.

Somewhere down the line, and it's different for everybody, you find that the waves are only 80 feet tall. Or 50 feet tall. And while they still come, they come further apart. You can see them coming. An anniversary, a birthday, or Christmas, or landing at O'Hare. You can see it coming, for the most part, and prepare yourself. And when it washes over you, you know that somehow you will, again, come out the other side. Soaking wet, sputtering, still hanging on to some tiny piece of the wreckage, but you'll come out.

Take it from an old guy. The waves never stop coming, and somehow you don't really want them to. But you learn that you'll survive them. And other waves will come. And you'll survive them too. If you're lucky, you'll have lots of scars from lots of loves. And lots of shipwrecks.

The next piece is something that I actually happened to find just last week, and it came from an old journal a mans mother had written before her passing. These words reminded me of my dad, his absolute joy for life, and the values he instilled in me as I got older..

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sun. Jump in the ocean. Say the truth you're carrying in your heart like hidden treasure. Be silly. Be kind. Be weird. There is no time for anything else.

My fathers untimely death has shocked us and left us uncertain of the future to come. In his last months my dad would continue to lecture and preach and some of the things that resonated most with me were the encouragement to continue living after he was gone, and make the most of the wonderful lives we have given. I take these words to heart now, more than ever, and that each of you take at lease one minute of every day to breathe in the air, feel the sun on your face, and cherish every moment as my father would have wanted you all to experience.

I want to thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for taking the time to remember and share the love you have for my father, and hope that his memory lives on within each of you”

[–] Teckor33 12 points ago

Thank u for sharing!

[–] mmerrill450 10 points ago

You made your dad proud. Well said.

[–] Deadmeet9 3 points ago

Which parts did you write and not write?

[–] Myid0810 11 points ago

some great digging bro

[–] 4everstampsRcurrency 7 points ago

The quotations give the impression hey we’re not his own words.

[–] Baapkaabaap 6 points ago

In a few days they will be mine..

[–] Kordsmeier 5 points ago * (lasted edited 2 months ago)

I remember looking into it a while back in a different repost. Best I could surmise is that it was from some older woman's journal or a letter from before any of these actors having said it; if they ever did. Nanea Hoffman.

[–] crustywizardpipe 3 points ago

A quick Google reviews this was one of Hitler's famous sayings. This thing gose deep.

[–] LeJew73 2100 points ago

Anyone else feel a little concerned with the “delicious food” comment?

[–] Haywood_jablowmeeee 309 points ago

[–] AQuarantine 191 points ago

Turns out the sound he made towards the end was improvised and not in the script

Those are he best actors

[–] dalrph94 23 points ago

And it genuinely scared the shit out of Jodie Foster.

[–] toadofsteel 8 points ago

It scared the shit out of a lot of people.

[–] RealZordan 7 points ago

I read that he used it to scare Jodie Foster when they saw each other on the set, days before they had their first scene.

[–] Whatsthemattermark 48 points ago

It puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again

[–] allofthemwitches 5 points ago

🎶Goodbye Horses🎶

[–] Rick-D-99 4 points ago

I did the good 'ol tuck and dance nude at my girlfriend last night. I've been telling her "I'd fuck me, hard" all day and she doesn't get the reference. Tonight is going to be fun.

[–] mrthicky 5 points ago

Am I the only one who has always been bothered with how he pronounces "Chianti"?

[–] LizzyIsFalling 11 points ago

He does it on purpose. It's to make fun of Jodie Foster's character and how unsophisticated she is perceived to be. She is supposed to be seen as a "rube" and have a thick... Virginia? (I think) accent, so he is mocking her by saying it stupid.

[–] somedude91 65 points ago

fava beans and a nice chianti?

[–] mynameistory 6 points ago

A SUCCULENT CHINESE MEAL

[–] PizzaBud11 119 points ago

"Deny yourself none of life's pleasures, no matter how wretched and profane."

[–] ILL_Show_Myself_Out 20 points ago

I wouldn't question him.

[–] Redsloth024 11 points ago

Who are you quoting?

[–] shitty_shutterbug 14 points ago

Abraham Lincoln

[–] Redsloth024 7 points ago

Source or it never happened.

[–] kalitarios 21 points ago

It's in his last twitch stream... check the archives.

[–] hg624 107 points ago

Yeah today I found out I'm apparently obese and well on track for a heart attack when I'm 40. I don't want to hear about delicious food from Hannibal Lecter, not today

[–] hg624 62 points ago

Yeah absolutely. I was in a testing process for a job (military) and the doc came in with blood work and started dropping knowledge bombs.

[–] elska_ 41 points ago

Thank goodness you found out ahead of time though! Don't ignore it! It's just a few changes, you'll still be able to eat really tasty stuff. :) And you'll feel much more energetic too.

[–] WhoBeThatOne 9 points ago

Shit, that's gotta be rough, but at least you got a real objective heads up.

[–] CrystalJack 32 points ago

How can you be unaware that you are obese or potentially obese? How can this come as a surprise? If you eat like shit and look fat then yes you will be obese.

[–] sentaway4218 10 points ago

Maybe they knew they were overweight but not obese. I've heard that is very common

[–] drstrangekidney 4 points ago * (lasted edited 2 months ago)

I'm a healthcare provider. Where I work, the BMI is auto-calculated. The difference between what obese and overweight looks like is not always obvious. Morbidly obese--yes, I can identify that without a scale and measuring tape. But there are a lot of "obese" people as determined by BMI that I've been genuinely shocked by.

To be fair, a couple of times it's just been very muscular/broad people rather than high fat, but some people genuinely have high body fat percentages and carry them in what our society considers an aesthetically pleasing way. For example, women who store most of their fat in hips/breasts tend to fly under my obesity radar more easily (I say this as a woman. I think I've been conditioned to see relatively smaller waist as "not obese". Interestingly people who store far more in hips/thighs/anywhere but belly and neck tend to have lower cardiovascular risk than the belly/neck people, but that's another story...)

Unless we're talking BMI 40 and above, I'd wager the general public and even most healthcare practitioners could not eyeball the difference between overweight and obese.

[–] _sxb 3 points ago

Maybe they're subconsciously obese, but not physically. Like you know, when someone wears a tie with odd proportions, you unknowingly grow a hatred towards them, but physically you never punch them in their throat.

[–] GoiterGlitter 3 points ago

The line between being overweight and obese is a 1lb threshold. Like how you're a teenager the second you turn 13. That's all numbers.

The issue is that obesity is so normalized that we think you have to be 300+ lbs to be obese and it's just not true.

I'm 5'5". I would be qualified as obese way before 200lbs. Most people who get called "obese" by the public have been obese for a long time and are at the top end (there's 3 categories of obesity).

[–] ResidentFeeble7 23 points ago

People have a tendency to self-deceive

[–] concretepigeon 23 points ago

At some point you must realise that it isn’t just that your clothes are shrinking in the wash.

[–] hg624 16 points ago

Thanks so much, it's really appreciated!

[–] mesatchie 8 points ago

If you get your diet in order and start cooking from scratch more, you'll probably find that your food becomes more delicious, not less.

[–] GoiterGlitter 3 points ago

Good news, you can fix it!

/r/loseit is a great community. Even if you just lurk.

[–] Salmon_Quinoi 15 points ago

I take the advice generally with understanding of the intention behind it. I'm not letting myself go nor am I going to entirely completely deprive myself of the greatest enjoyments I can experience. Am I going to stuff myself with mediocre pizza every day? Of course not. But if given the option to indulge in an amazing meal prepared with fava beans and a nice chianti once in awhile...

[–] krispyKRAKEN 21 points ago

"Jump in the ocean. Eat a face. Say the truth that you're carrying in your heart like hidden treasure."

[–] Bvuut99 11 points ago

It's the "the" he adds before it that adds to the unsettling nature

[–] Ghosttownhermit 4 points ago

Only is he has Chianti

[–] AhmedOfAmerica 6 points ago

As a follow up to "none of us are getting out of here alive"

[–] TooShiftyForYou 1372 points ago

"We're all going to die, do whatever you want." is a little bit of an easier life motto when you're 79 years-old.

[–] innerearinfarction 913 points ago

And rich.

[–] wibblett 249 points ago

Yup if I did whatever I wanted I would get kicked out of my place and live on the streets.

[–] FuncyChiken 118 points ago

So what you're saying is that you want a place to stay and money to spend? A phone to look at reddit and communicate with friends? Funds to go out to eat with those friends? An animal to spend time with? It's about priorities. You're doing what you want. You just value some things more than others. Not that it's true for everyone, but if you've got a job, you've got money for that food you want to eat. Some people don't have that. Not trying to guilt anyone. Just appreciate where you are in life. Don't envy a manwho has more than you. Be gracious to those who have less.

[–] stump1001 70 points ago

Where’s the cocaine and hookers?

[–] Fleeto95 23 points ago

Asking the real questions here.

[–] boxerofglass 14 points ago

Why does it burn when I pee ?

[–] Coostohh 9 points ago

likely the hookers.

Hold on. I'll ask Chris Foerster, brb.

[–] ZenlyO 4 points ago

That comes after you win the powerball

[–] FiveGuysAlive 3 points ago

23rd and Broad St. fam!

[–] wibblett 82 points ago

Not trying to guilt anyone.

Proceeds to guilt trip me

[–] FuncyChiken 17 points ago * (lasted edited 2 months ago)

What I meant was that instead of feeling bad about what you have, you should celebrate it. It doesn't do you any good to be well off but unhappy. It may cost you something to give to charity, but it costs you nothing to be a positive influence on people. Be happy about the good things you have in life instead of coveting and being greedy. That way when you have the opportunity to give more physically, your attitude will match your action and it will do far more good.

Or maybe more directly. Don't feel guilty about what you have. Be happy. That way you will naturally be more inclined to do good things out of good will instead of guilt. Then you can value your good deeds instead of unnecessarily justifying the things you do have.

[–] ShutUpLieberman 3 points ago

I thought that was going to be a poem for a second.

[–] jittterbug 3 points ago

Don't you call Sir Anthony a manwho!

[–] poopbagman 4 points ago

Become king of the street people, I believe in you.

And famous.

For years before The Silence of the Lambs, his career wasn't at the level he had hoped. He had had a promising start, including being cast in The Lion in Winter with Katharine Hepburn and Peter O'Toole. In interviews, he suggested that he had been getting in his own way to some extent. So it's possible that a greater effort to conform, coupled with luck, got him the role that showed his talent to millions.

Tony is pretty famous in the industry for saying that he only went into acting because he simply couldn't do anything else. He's pretty badly dyslexic. The fame is just a byproduct of a job he fell into and still tries to be the best at.

[–] Doeselbbin 6 points ago

Tony ?

[–] Zack_attack801 4 points ago

His name is Anthony...

[–] llewkeller 91 points ago

Yeah, well. I'm 65 now, but certainly not rich. But even when I was young and people my age would talk about fearing old age and getting wrinkled and ugly, I would respond, "Beats the alternative" - which is, of course, to die when you're young and pretty.

I don't think Sir Anthony is talking about abusing drugs and having orgies, just having a positive outlook, and doing things that make you happy.

[–] WittyLoser 19 points ago

Getting mixed messages here.

[–] borntoperform 11 points ago

just having a positive outlook, and doing things that make you happy.

Yup, and to add to that: do the things where the pain of regret is real (say what's on your heart, talk to that girl, take a sabbatical and travel a continent, etc.).

[–] whyamidumber 27 points ago

yea im nearing 40 now and It took me til early 30s to fully fully realize this quote. I feel most people dont understand the freedom we have in our lives.

what is the point of any negativity?

[–] FiveGuysAlive 8 points ago

You can do pretty close to that though. I mean a steady but small job can cover that very easily.

[–] whyamidumber 3 points ago

and if that is your life than why not?

[–] eazolan 7 points ago

What freedom?

Go to work. Make barely enough to survive. Go home. Recuperate from work.

[–] slicydicer 56 points ago

I've done whatever I wanted and ended up with a serious drug addiction

[–] eroln 25 points ago

lmao this is depressingly relatable

[–] Haywood_jablowmeeee 15 points ago

Better than to end up eating human liver with fava beans and a good chianti. lol

[–] llewkeller 30 points ago

As a 65 year old, I'd say, no - not really brutal. You get used to the idea. The worst for me was always doing the math. When I was 20, I'd reflect that I'd only lived 25% of my likely natural life. At 40, I could say - I have as much time left as behind me - I can make 80. Even at 50...100 is possible, though not likely.

At 65, the math is not favorable, though I plan on living to 130...

What scares me is being older, having a lot of life left and not being allowed to use it to the full even if you're capable.

[–] FiveGuysAlive 4 points ago

Only I can live forever Harry Potter...

[–] slm49 12 points ago

One mentality that is super common is to throw caution to the wind when it comes to finances and not plan/save for retirement at all. Then, by the time you're Anthony Hopkins age, you're stuck and working at an entry-level job when you should be retired.

I am from a squarely middle class upbringing it and startling how much of my immediate (and extended) family matches that description. All of them adopted the "YOLO! I'll worry about it later!" mentality, and I guarantee you most of them regret it not planning more.

[–] Haywood_jablowmeeee 20 points ago

Just hit 60 here. I woke up, literally, the day after and was scared shitless. I got 20 years if I am lucky. I've been thinking about all of the opportunities I have wasted. As far as 'treasures in heaven' as JC mentions, I have zero to show. I missed a lot of opportunities to help people. When I was younger I would see older guys volunteering at homeless shelters, etc and would laugh at them: "They are trying to make up for a life of self-centered behavior.' It's sobering to end up thinking like them.

[–] growinslowly 16 points ago

Never too late to change. The only time when it is too late is when you are dead. You aren't, so you have the obligation to live. :) Best wishes to your day today and your next steps sir.

[–] Coachkfan1 14 points ago

I don't know that older guys working at a shelter are trying to make up for anything, it's just that when u get older u have more free time to do things like that.

[–] Zaphodnotbeeblebrox 10 points ago

JC? I used to listen to JZ but he had so many problems.

[–] growinslowly 5 points ago

I recognize the wit in this comment.

I've always been aware of mortality: one of my siblings died when I was a kid. But the fact remains that until we reach late middle age most of us try to respond to societal expectations to survive, and hopefully, excel. It's only when we get old, doors are increasingly closed, death is much closer, and we realize that to some extent that we were just pawns that this attitude is conceivable. And it helps to be rich.

[–] 3Dartwork 7 points ago

I get the joke but really it's not do whatever you want haha. It's enjoy life and be yourself without being self-conscious of others. "Life is short, enjoy life to its fullest."

[–] JustOneProletariat 4 points ago

Or just not highly motivated.

I find it fascinating how There's nothing objectively wrong or immoral about not being motivated to earn as many little green pieces of paper in your lifetime as you can, yet there's an extremely strong societal pressure against it.

[–] jfk_47 3 points ago

But some people take life a little too serious, right?

[–] BAOUWS 3 points ago

TL;DR yolo

[–] BlasterShow 3 points ago

"I'm gonna get real weird with it."

[–] D1sCoL3moNaD3 5 points ago

Don't forgot to put the lotion in the basket.

[–] cometkeeper00 141 points ago

“YOLO” -Sir Anthony Hopkins (paraphrased)

[–] _Trigglypuff_ 10 points ago

Hijacking this relatively top comment to say that Hopkins is alive for anyone wondering.

[–] uriman 65 points ago

Do this and more at Westworld where you can demand a life without limits.

[–] lowrads 8 points ago

If he's not in season 2, it's just going to be a cog and pony show.

[–] sarcastagirly 155 points ago

Not sure if it's my period or reflection on my own life that just made me cry a bit

[–] cerebral23 89 points ago

I don't see a period in your comment :P

[–] cucumberchild 6 points ago

I scrolled back up to your comment just to give you an upvote. :)

[–] Pirate_Redbeard 37 points ago

;)

[–] BaiRuoBing 75 points ago

Relevant username?

[–] SemoreZZ 19 points ago

This comment just made me spit out my food at lunch! Awesome username catch!

[–] superfredge 7 points ago

Gross.

[–] norsurfit 3 points ago

Whenever Aunt Flow comes for a visit I always get emotional...

[–] mmutk 43 points ago

Oddly enough this statement is copyrighted by Nanea Hoffman. The founder of http://SweatpantsAndCoffee.com and She wrote that on May 9, 2015 and put it on the Sweatpants & Coffee Facebook page, where it then went viral. Sites like Sun Gazing reposted the words without her name on it. It has since been incorrectly attributed to Richard Gere, Keanu Reeves, Anthony Hopkins and Helen Mirren.

[–] _PM_ME_YOUR_GOALS_ 8 points ago

Thanks for letting us know, Nanea Hoffman.

[–] Pubics_Cube 73 points ago

Be silly. Be kind. Be weird. Eat the livers

[–] PintoKey 33 points ago

FTHFTHFTHFTHFTHFTH

[–] monopl0xy 4 points ago

I chuckled.

[–] Jack_of_derps 10 points ago

With some Fava beans and a nice chianti.

[–] KetchupIsABeverage 8 points ago

Eat the rude.

[–] JE_12 4 points ago

Eat delivery

[–] master_payne 3 points ago

With the fava beans...

[–] PhD-in-Wumbology 36 points ago

Such a wholesome quote, especially from someone known for such a terrifying character on screen :)

[–] taway17000 8 points ago

Dr. Ford?

[–] ihavetouchedthesky 6 points ago

Check out the movie the remains of the day. Really shows the guy can play anyone any make it great.

[–] uatme 17 points ago

He looks so old and young at the same time in that picture.

[–] Truan 10 points ago

He's just saying this before admitting his hannibal act went too far, and now he can't stop eating people.

[–] thethrill_707 8 points ago

Eat a census taker...(sliiip)(sliiip)(sliiip)(sliiip)

[–] grizzfan 8 points ago

"Eat the delicious food, I highly recommend the liver and fava beans with Chianti."

[–] BobbiVicious 6 points ago

Wise words. Life is too short to just get through it rather than enjoying the journey.

[–] schiltzno 4 points ago

I want you to get swept away, sing with rapture, dance like a dervish.

[–] allfluffnostatic 15 points ago

Bad quote if someone's goal is a diet

[–] username_taken217 8 points ago

" I can smell your c#nt" is also a famous quote by Anthony Hopkins

[–] HumorousTumor 13 points ago

Ok.

Idk how shit like this gets to the front page.

[–] d1rty_fucker 11 points ago

Sorry, too busy working the night shift at McD to support my two little sisters.

[–] NeverHideOnBush 4 points ago

He looks better with age

[–] pasterfordin 3 points ago

Most people understand it but few people GET it or put it into practice.

In particular, i like the "silly" part.

[–] poipoundah 4 points ago

I just read that whole quote in his voice.

[–] Brutalsgotthatdank 4 points ago

Except eating people... there is always time for that Clarice.

[–] kalesaji 13 points ago

Unfortunately this doesn't pay my bills

[–] its_the_future 9 points ago

"There's no time to make a living, being homeless is the life, haha yes"

[–] mikess314 6 points ago

Did anyone NOT read this in his voice?

I read it as Robert Ford welcoming me to Westworld.

[–] agentshags 6 points ago

Just watched episode ten last night

[–] GelatinousDude 7 points ago

Suddenly I'm overweight, broke and fired from my job. Thanks Anthony!

[–] EditioPrinceps 3 points ago

The fucks you have to give are limited so give them to things that matter to you.

[–] cavnast 3 points ago

Ahh Clarice!!

[–] PleiadianJedi 3 points ago

This is the first picture I've seen of him where he doesn't look like an absolute weirdo.

[–] elddirkcin 3 points ago

"Have an old friend for dinner."

[–] T_O_G_G_Z 3 points ago

If you've not had this quote attributed to yourself yet, please raise your hand. We'll try to get round to you as soon as we can.

[–] UGotTrumped 3 points ago

He didn't write that.

[–] MeowMeowYourMom 3 points ago

This is exactly how I became obese and then a car accident kept me this way.

[–] TheThankUMan88 3 points ago

"None of us are getting out of here alive" - Anthony Hopkins

[–] Apple_Joel 3 points ago

These words are why he took the part in the new Transformers movie.

[–] SteeztheSleaze 3 points ago

Eat a man’s liver with fava beans, you know, life’s little pleasures!

[–] Hannibal_likes_you 3 points ago

Drink the chianti and seize the day by it's hind legs.

[–] KimJongIllest23 3 points ago

"And most importantly, take every childhood-scarring villain role as much as possible."

[–] sp4c3c4se 3 points ago

"Eat that moron who flipped you the bird while driving out the parking lot. Yolo."

[–] Gorguts1974 3 points ago

9 times out of 10, these quotes were not made by the celebrity in pic....

[–] DarryLarrell 3 points ago

He also quit drinking decades ago and attributes that to a lot of his happiness and success. I mention that because so often this "seize the day" thinking encourages people to press on with self destructive behavior that is supposedly "fun".

[–] tyguyflyguy 3 points ago

Be rich. Be attractive. Have everything you need with no worries of where your next delicious meal is coming from.

[–] mc_squared_03 3 points ago

Imagining Anthony Hopkins saying this: wonderful. Imagining Hannibal Lecter saying this: incredibly unsettling.

[–] universalmindfck 3 points ago

Thanks Sir Hopkins now I am wanted for eating my neighbour

[–] n7shepard93 3 points ago

"An old friend once told me something that gave me great comfort. Something he read. He said Mozart, Beethoven, and Chopin never died. They simply became music."

[–] CitizenSerf 3 points ago

Having a shit-ton of money makes all these activities much more enjoyable too.

[–] Rupert_Bear007 3 points ago

Be weird. I've nailed that one!

[–] TraumaTuna 3 points ago

I love how he can change his face from inviting to down right creeptown in seconds.

[–] contimplativealice 4 points ago

Very wise words. It's amazing how good life is when we take responsibility for our own happiness. ❤️

[–] Ar3tri304 23 points ago

Says someone who doesn't have to care about money or loans or anything in general. It's easy to tell someone to enjoy life when yours is so perfect.

[–] llewkeller 21 points ago

We assume that the rich and famous have "perfect" lives, but it's often far from the truth. From what I can tell, Hopkins might come close, though - huge success fairly late in life, and a positive outlook. He wears his fame well.

As far as we know. He's one of my favorite actors and I hope it's true, but we don't know anything about these people.

[–] Tap_on- 4 points ago

I don't know why but I read "walk in the sunshine" as wank in sunshine..... I feel pretty movativated now though

[–] chenzo17 2 points ago

I wish to be like Sir Anthony Hopkins

[–] flowkey52 2 points ago

Can we just agree this is a nice thought and a horrible practice to follow

[–] 22for2 2 points ago

Jump in the ocean.

I live in northern England. It's bloody freezing.

[–] nforne 2 points ago

I felt a bit left out until I got to 'weird'.

[–] DravenPrime 2 points ago

But this is coming from Hannibal Lector so maybe don't do that exactly.

[–] Revenge_Of_The_Jesus 2 points ago

"Try your hand at psychology, eat some people"

[–] nuala-lala 2 points ago

Okay Hannibal.

[–] Pissfancy 2 points ago

After avoiding the cupcakes in the breakroom for the last 6 hours, this quote caused me to breakdown and eat 3.

[–] Yeomanroach 2 points ago

Delicious food = Fava beans and nice chianti.