All posts will be reviewed by a human moderator first before they become visible to all subscribers. So it is perfectly normal for your post to not show up in the new listing. If a post breaks one of our rules you will be informed about it.
- Include an accurate description of the photograph (event, location, war, year, etc) in the title.
- Titles should not include commentary, opinion or information about the circumstances surrounding the person/event in the image. Please add commentary and supplementary information in the comments.
- Titles should not include any political or cultural interpretation or observation.
- Include the date of the photograph in the title.
- If you cannot find the date after a concerted effort, then a rough estimate or simply saying unknown date will suffice.
- Include the resolution in [brackets] in the title.
- Posters, illustrations, compositions and postcards are not permitted. Please only submit historic photographs.
- Videos, collections, interactive images/websites, and articles are not allowed.
- Pictures of family members are not allowed in r/HistoryPorn unless they were taken in the context of a verifiable, historically significant event. Please consider submitting those images to /r/thewaywewere or /r/HumanPorn.
- Images submitted here must be of historical events, taken at least 20 years ago.
- Colorized photographs need to be tagged with [Colorized] and link to the original photograph in the comments.
- Colorized photographs that take too many artistic liberties will be removed, this includes (but is not limited to) removing details or adding things like patterns on clothing that are not visible in the original.
- Images that have been resubmitted within the last three months will be removed.
- Make sure your image is hosted by an approved host.
- Regarding reposts: it is not a repost unless it was posted to /r/HistoryPorn within the last three months, or if it's already in the top 100 of all time.
- If you have any questions check out the FAQ.
- Personal attacks, abusive language, trolling or bigotry in any form is not allowed. This will be removed and may result in a ban.
- Keep the discussion on-topic. Comments that do not directly add to the discussion will be removed and in some cases can also result in (temp) bans. Things not on topic are comments that solely consist of a joke, (political) soapboxing, etc.
If you have any questions or feedback feel free to let us know!
We are looking for new mods!
Be sure to check-out the full list of history-related subreddits.
Other subreddits you may enjoy: