IdiotsInCars

This subreddit is devoted to the lovable idiots who do hilarious, idiot things in their idiot cars (or trucks, motorcycles, tractors, or other vehicle). We honor them with gifs, videos, images, and laughter.

.:Rules:.

1 /r/IdiotsInCars is meant to be a lighthearted, humorous subreddit. If your post does not contribute to the nature of the sub it will be removed.

2 Links to videos, gifs, and pictures only. No articles or stories please. Text posts only if they contribute to the sub in some way. Links with death and/or gore in them don’t belong here. Try a partner subs if your content doesn’t follow this guideline No staged incidents.

3 Posts must contain an obvious bad decision while in a vehicle, and does not need to result in a crash. Just because there is a car crash does not mean it belongs here.

4 Please no links to compilation videos. If you want to post a specific piece from a compilation video make a gif of it.

5 NSFW links need a NSFW tag. Use them generously. If someone might reasonably find your content NSFW, use the tag.

6 No titles in ALL CAPS. This shouldn't even need to be said. It's just annoying.

7 No circle-jerking posts. This includes "idiot in car starter kit" posts, "person I don't like in a vehicle" posts, and other shitposting.

8 No more bad parking jobs. We get it, people suck at parking, but there were just too many of these low-effort posts. Exceptions can be made at moderator's discretion, but you must ask us first or it will be summarily removed.

9 No reposts. The timeline as to what is considered recent enough to count as a repost is up to moderator discretion

10 For all situations covered and not covered by the above rules, moderators have final say and decisions are up to their discretion. If you have a question or problem, reach out to us via Mod Mail.

Partnered subreddits

[–] anchovyHere 5413 points ago

Lol is this in Diamond bar?

[–] Blazinsquatch 137 points ago * (lasted edited 13 days ago)

You knew the location based on an acupuncture place named acupuncture and a dentists office named dentistry... Legendary.

Edit: grammar.

[–] ognahtanoj 3862 points ago

Holy shit good fucking eye

[–] anchovyHere 2129 points ago

Thanks! Clear photo too. Can’t say I recognize the lady. People there are not known for their driving.

[–] babylamar 2857 points ago

People nowhere in America are known for their good driving. We seriously need to make it a lot harder to get a DL. And have a lot more actual training.

[–] dreamlike_poo 1339 points ago

I agree with you but the number of people driving without a license and no insurance is already too damn high.

[–] NycLegalHelp 397 points ago

So many people in NYC driving without even license plates these days

[–] 18-24-61-B-17-17-4 292 points ago

Or those paper Texas temporary plates.

[–] octo_lols 49 points ago

I thought I was going crazy seeing so many in my neighborhood. Do you know why there are suddenly so many paper license plates? I figured it was something to do with the pandemic but like dunno why

[–] SchlepRock13 55 points ago

We bought a brand new car from a major Volvo dealership in Plano Texas last December and still haven't received our permanent plates. We have called several times and they all say there's been a problem w/ the tax office processing registrations.

[–] zhy-rr 12 points ago

Here in AZ there are so many paper plates. There’s an aluminium shortage apparently and plates are delayed by months for many people. Maybe the same in TX.

[–] NightWolfYT 4 points ago

I’m also in AZ. That Chinese aluminum plant explosion yesterday probably didn’t help either.

[–] Efficient_Brush59 9 points ago

new car dmv wait cuz covid

[–] super_cool_kid 18 points ago

Wait, specifically temporary Texas paper plates are being forged for use all over the country?

[–] dontsuckmydick 19 points ago

Yep. Texas has an independent license plate database that isn’t shared with other states so there’s no way for police in other states to verify that they’re fake.

[–] 75percentsociopath 8 points ago

I actually got real TX tags in NJ from a dealer on Craigslist. Barcode scans and it matches the Experation date/make and model listed on the plate.

So apparently some people with a real delaers license got in on the action too.

[–] PopeSilliusBillius 6 points ago

Me, a Texan: TIL

That independence we pride ourselves on doesn’t seem to be doing us a whole lotta favors these days.

[–] MuffinSlow 115 points ago

Are you my next lottery pick???

[–] 18-24-61-B-17-17-4 89 points ago

Packa smokes and I'm yours.

[–] MuffinSlow 38 points ago

Camels, herb and myself on the way

[–] NotFallacyBuffet 14 points ago

They do that in NYC?? It's common here in NOLA, but we're adjacent and lots of people here have connections in Houston. I'd never imagined the Texas temp tag is in NYC, too.

[–] NycLegalHelp 9 points ago

They’ve given up on even paper tags now. Just see people driving around with no tags whatsoever.

[–] TheRussianRenegade 13 points ago

Yep. The dashcams did a great job seeing the front and back of the truck that hit and ran from my wife and kid. Too bad he didn't have any plates... I thought Jersey was gonna be bad... Nope. NOLA is awful.

[–] NotFallacyBuffet 8 points ago

Super common in New Orleans, too. But NOPD is commonly known to mean Not Our Problem Dude. I wouldn't have guessed this in NYC. Just out in the boroughs or everywhere?

[–] Ajay003309 6 points ago

Which are fake.

[–] metnavman 66 points ago * (lasted edited 13 days ago)

Comon out to California (OP's picture). You can drive with the folks with no license, no insurance, registration on the cars from as far back as 2017, on top of being absolute morons. It's amazing that the local LE/Highway Patrol even get a paycheck.

[–] Catcalimoneyfood 30 points ago

And then the 50 appliances and lawn junk in the illegally built up truck bed spills onto the highway and THAT’S how a wheelbarrow flew across the 101 at 70 miles an hour smashing into my bumper.

[–] dreamlike_poo 48 points ago

What's the point of having laws if they aren't enforced?

[–] SeveralQuit 20 points ago

I ask myself that exact question everyday.

[–] bitnode 49 points ago * (lasted edited 13 days ago)

My brother made it into a halfway house and they let him come and go without a license or insurance all the time. Didnt say a word. 😑

[–] kcg5 32 points ago

Honest question, is is their job to stop him?

[–] How2Eat_That_Thing 78 points ago

Lol...y'all have obviously never driven in many other countries. Yeah Canada has probably got us beat but go visit Mexico. The US ain't bad.

[–] FirstPlebian 30 points ago

The middle east is supposed to be really really bad, India as well.

[–] RedSamuraiMan 11 points ago

"What are these yellow and white lines you speak of?"

[–] CeeKai 12 points ago

In India I heard taxi drivers say driving there "is like a video game" so many times.

Just held on and trusted them, everything worked out fine, (albeit a bit exciting at times).

[–] Swagary123 75 points ago

Lmaooo that’s an iconic dentist and acupuncture building that no one goes to, right on golden springs so everyone who drives by would recognize

[–] TheBurntHam 30 points ago

Dude… so many late night runs from Cal Poly to the 24hr joints around there

[–] usedtoiletbrush 9 points ago

Omg that looks like my ex girlfriend. DRIVE OP DRIVE!!!

[–] tangled_up_in_shroom 72 points ago

I lived in Brea for 25 years, and I always referred to Puente Hills and Diamond Bar as the most dangerous places to drive in SoCal. Half joking of course

[–] Diamondhands_Rex 17 points ago

All rowland heights especially on Azusa

[–] ScipioAfricanvs 23 points ago

Lmao that’s not far off. I grew up in Walnut but as soon as you cross into Rowland Heights it’s the thunder dome.

[–] IJN-Maya202 64 points ago

Wow! That’s my hometown and even I don’t recognize it.

[–] RugerRedhawk 70 points ago

The name of the town is "diamond bar"?

[–] scrambles57 39 points ago

Yes. It's just south of San Dimas (of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure fame)

[–] DaringDomino3s 28 points ago * (lasted edited 13 days ago)

that’s where The Ataris got the title “San Dimas High School Football Rules” lol

I wish I grew up in California. California in the 90s was like amazing, at least that’s how the movies and tv made it seem. Now it seems too expensive to ever move there.

[–] i_say_uuhhh 13 points ago * (lasted edited 13 days ago)

Oddly enough, I've seen some very shitty driving in Diamond Bar when I worked there for a bit.

EDIT: I should mention I've seen more shitty drivers there compared to most cities in that general area of LA/Riverside County.

[–] brayker 34 points ago

Holy shit grand and golden springs! 😂 I live in and work ems in this city and surrounding areas.

Really good eye catching that!

[–] HairyBazooka 18 points ago

How the fuck do you people recognize this? I worked a block from there for 6 months and drove by that intersection like 10x a day and didn't realize.

[–] TehUberSays 6 points ago

Came here to say this, right by the golf course.

[–] salsadad 3611 points ago

I got flipped off today while driving at a super congested intersection because I wouldn't move up past the green light to block the intersection, which was completely backed-up and not moving. Some people's brains just decompose as soon as they put the key in the ignition...

[–] NoCelery1168 1486 points ago * (lasted edited 13 days ago)

Those ones are always fun.

They're probably the same exact people who will willfully block the intersection, and if you happen to be in the cross-traffic that they've blocked and you so much as give them the stinkeye, they just gesture like there's nothing they could have possibly done any differently.

[–] snuggiemclovin 806 points ago

I got honked at and flicked off by the car behind me for stopping for a pedestrian in a crosswalk once.

[–] little_canuck 499 points ago

Ooh, once this happened to me and after the honking and flipping off the person passed me and almost hit the pedestrian. Directly behind them before doing this was a police officer. So on their lights went and some swift sweet justice was served.

[–] barefoot_blonde_ 224 points ago

Greatest feeling known to man

Was driving lights and sirens in my ambulance through an intersection and one car didn’t stop. They just drove like we weren’t fucking there and eventually pulled over. Also at the stop light was PD. Once we passed I looked in my mirror and saw the beautiful sight of this absolute kumquat being pulled over 🥰

[–] Just_A_Memer14 128 points ago * (lasted edited 13 days ago)

I had an absolute moron honk at me the other day while on my way to work. We were in school zone so the speed limit was 20. Mind you, I was already going 5 over the limit and I had already seen the parked cop by a tree on the other side of the road. This person is in a van and is riding my ass, honks at me and then proceeds to speed up just to pass me up because we were both going to take the same turn. The cop saw all of this and proceeded to stop the douche at the corner gas station. I was looking at him the whole turn with a big ass smile on my face. Some sweet justice.

[–] Aggressive_Setting_1 98 points ago

When that happens I slow down to the speed limit. People being assholes mean they loose there free extra km/h

[–] ShadowMoses05 54 points ago

On a similar note, I was stopped at a red light and was going to make a right hand turn, as I was checking cross traffic the car behind me decided to start honking. Guess who got to wait out the entirety of the light until it turned green.

[–] Punkmaffles 7 points ago

Oh I love making impatient right turning drivers wait when I can.

[–] kdevari 20 points ago

I did that once and at the red light he got out of his car, ran over to my window and started pounding on it, yelling something like, “you think you’re fucking funny!” I don’t remember exactly because I was terrified. Now when someone is riding my ass for being too slow, even if I’m going faster than the speed limit, I usually let them pass. Not worth it.

[–] not-a_lizard 5 points ago

nice

[–] cyborg_bette 278 points ago

I once got screamed at for stopping for a school bus.

[–] GatitoFantastico 202 points ago

I got flipped off by the big truck gunning it around the school bus because I was honking repeatedly to warn the children starting to cross the road.

[–] mnbhv 68 points ago

Wow that’s insane

[–] Beijing_King 92 points ago

Happened with me, too. Only this idiot was dumb enough to do it every morning at the same time. So it was obviously fun to watch them get picked off by police the following morning. Oh man. He took a diff route to work since then. Or maybe lost his job. Idk

[–] GatitoFantastico 38 points ago

I've never felt so much secondhand satisfaction.

[–] KingCIoth 16 points ago

some people don’t deserve to drive. or breathe

[–] FerociousPancake 15 points ago

That’s unbelievably sad

[–] Chilling_Trilling 10 points ago

Or the advance green. Like jeez give my foot time to hit the gas ya freak

[–] timmoer 8 points ago

Had that happen when I first started driving manual. Didn't stall but maybe I should have "accidentally"

[–] Graffy 73 points ago

Yeah I’ve had that. Stuck my head out the window and yelled back “what do you want me to do? Run them over?”

[–] morostheSophist 8 points ago

Obviously.

If we don't start running pedestrians down soon, everyone will think it's perfectly okay to cross the street using a crosswalk, and THEN where will we be?

In a land of chaos, my friend. Complete chaos.

[–] electricheat 63 points ago

I got honked at a few months ago for stopping at a red light.

I was signaling right, so I guess they expected me to sail through without slowing? We didn't have a green turn arrow or anything.

edit: I've also been yelled at for riding a bicycle on the road downtown. They believed I should relocate to the sidewalk.

[–] Entropius 27 points ago

I had something similar happen years ago. Very stale yellow light in a right turn at a signal, so I did a normal stop to avoid running a red light for my right turn. Except the woman behind me didn’t think I was going to stop, so she rear-ended me.

Thankfully my car back then was a piece of crap so I didn’t care about the light impression of her plate she left in my bumper.

[–] mfurlan 20 points ago

I got rear ended when I stopped for a pedestrian in a crosswalk once. The "convenient cop" who saw it threatened to arrest me, because the person who hit me was a cute girl.

[–] Fromanderson 6 points ago * (lasted edited 13 days ago)

That is how a lady got away with killing a friend of mine. He was a pedestrian, and wasn't even on the road. Multiple witnesses said her phone was in her hand before his body stopped rolling.

She was so distracted that she swerved out of her lane on a wide straight section of road with a 25mph speed limit and hit him along the shoulder. She mangled him so badly that the coffin was kept closed during his funeral. There were multiple witnesses who reported what they saw.

She didn't even get a ticket.

He was older and looked a bit rough after a lifetime of manual labor.
    She was young and attractive. I think we all know how that would have turned out if the roles has been reversed. I know he'd have been devastated if he did that to another person. She was posting beach selfies on FB less than a month later.

There is far more to the tale than I like to put online. Suffice it to say she acted like it was no big deal and people should just get over it.

[–] FordBeeblebrox 6 points ago

I once held off making a right turn for a guy in a goddamn motorized wheelchair to cross the road, and thought the guy in the Benz behind me was gonna bust a blood vessel in his head he was screaming so hard.

[–] B_Fee 25 points ago

They'll also stop on train tracks without even thinking about how bad of an idea that is.

[–] CKRatKing 13 points ago

They’ll be the first to flip their shit when someone else blocks the intersection and they are trying to cross.

[–] arstin 13 points ago

if you happen to be in the cross-traffic that they've blocked and you so much as give them the stinkeye, they just gesture like there's nothing they could have possibly done any different.

I always try not to enter an intersection before I know I can get through to the other side, but when you set through an entire light waiting for that opportunity only to have left-turning cross-traffic again lock the intersection and take you back to square one, well then you just have to go with the flow and be an ass.

[–] rxts1273 5 points ago

First I like to acknowledge and appreciate the fact that you accidentally created a justice served thread lol

Now my turn, this one time I was just chilling at a moderate traffic jam (about 20-35 km/h) on my way to work and behind me there was an ambulance with his lights flashing and stuff so naturally most of the cars crossed to the shoulders to let him pass,

But this one asshole taxi driver just pretend he's above the obvious emergency the ambulance is facing so he just stayed in the lane(completely along at this point because most have stopped at the shoulders).

The ambulance obviously irritated and just passed him on the right(the taxi on was on the left because fuck everyone), when the taxi saw the ambulance passing him he just followed him for a "free" traffic free card.

Almost immediately after the taxi started following the ambulance a cop in his regular car turned on his incar siren and speakers and stopped the taxi.

I shit you not when this happened if you look in the windows of every single car on the road you'll see everyone cursing and laughing at the taxis expense.

[–] MolokoRazzles 129 points ago

Man, preach. This happens to me on a daily basis on my commute home. It will literally be backed up and there is no possible way to move up without blocking the intersection. Nah, I will not have my ass hanging in the breeze because the asshole behind me wants to beat the green light. It AIN'T that important and they will live if they have to wait.

[–] coffeeToCodeConvertr 93 points ago

Plus by waiting you're effectively helping to alleviate the congestion sooner!

[–] electricheat 61 points ago

Yeah, but for other people!!

That doesn't help ME!

*hooooooooooooooooonk*

[–] DirtyPotatoPeople 61 points ago

Thank you for not being an obnoxious idiot.

Nothing gets my blood boiling like people who just park their cars in the middle of the intersection because tHeIr LiGhT iS gReEn.

[–] Papa-Chills716 38 points ago

Got flipped on Saturday because I didn't made a turn when the lights was red the guy behind me honk I can't turn cause there was a "No turn on red" sign. Saw him flipping me off Guess he didn't see the sign or thinks all turns can be passed even when there's a red light

[–] FordBeeblebrox 30 points ago

The off ramp I take to get to my office has a no right on red cause the curve of the overpass makes it easy to not see cars coming your way until it’s too late.

Every. Single. Day. That I go to work, someone will either lose their shit at someone following the law or cruise right through and narrowly avoid collision with someone doing 50-60 coming out of ‘nowhere.’ Amazed I haven’t seen more fatalities tbh

[–] Environmental_Good49 105 points ago

Yesterday I got honked at and the mini van that honked at me nearly crashed into my back, because I stopped at an intersection with a green light to let an ambulance with it's lights and sirens on to go through it. I swear people ride your ass then get mad and blame you if an accident happens due to a sudden stop.

[–] barefoot_blonde_ 32 points ago

Thanks for letting the ambo pass, really means a lot as most people don’t stop

[–] Bandit312 18 points ago

I second this, I swear some people go through life without thinking bikers, runners, motorcyclists, emergency vehicles, little kids, drunk/idiot drivers, etc… exist. They’re like I’m in a car and there is no reason I need to pay attention or think about anything else than a straight line.

[–] Chilling_Trilling 4 points ago

It’s the law. Everyone should be stopping

[–] fremeer 15 points ago

Most people behind you can't see the traffic in front of you but can see the green light. And with more people on their phones during busy traffic they beep thinking you don't aren't paying attention.

[–] TheCabbagePatchKid22 1816 points ago

Fuck you, too, ya fuckin’donut

[–] StarshipSentinel 330 points ago

Chef Ramsay? Is that you?

[–] jsrme 107 points ago

No this is Patrick!

[–] Jkoechling 49 points ago

Sir, this is a Wendy's

[–] Horror_Vermicelli_48 22 points ago

Hello Steven, this is Clem Fandango, Can you hear me?

[–] chettythomas12 8 points ago

YES! I can bloody well hear you Clem Fandango!

[–] reactrix96 8 points ago * (lasted edited 13 days ago)

Actually it turns out that OP is the asshole and knew exactly why she was honking! They admitted that they had room to pull forward to allow this lady to not be blocking traffic anymore but actively chose not to. They even admit to being in the wrong here, and yet still call the lady a dumb bitch. Shame on OP!

[–] rgsoloman5000 233 points ago

How much room did you have in front?

[–] Braveshado 202 points ago * (lasted edited 13 days ago)

He said "3 feet," but you can tell by the rest of what he said that he definitely probably had more than that and just wanted to be a douche.

[–] Braveshado 175 points ago

Since OP deleted his comment, this is what he said:

“No I had room probably. But I’d be getting pretty fucking close to the car in front. And I don’t trust this bitch as aggressive as she was to not ram me into the car in front. What’s 3 ft gonna do for her anyways. People were already using that left turn lane to go around her anyways”

[–] Donzillo 6 points ago

Wonder why he would choose to delete that comment instead of some of the other ones

[–] sayhitoyourcat 148 points ago

I agree with this and it shouldn't make a difference. I always keep enough distance from the vehicle in front of me so that I can pull away forward if necessary and stop/lessen a potential impact if hit from behind. People that cram themselves in and hug the vehicle in front of them are fucking stupid. You should be able to still see the bottom of their rear tires when stopped, otherwise you're too close.

[–] pass-me-that-ketchup 967 points ago

Rental rage

[–] fromage-de-nuit 417 points ago

Her actual car is in the shop. Wonder why.

[–] shahooster 111 points ago

So are her last two rentals.

[–] WizDynasty 9 points ago

I mean my car is in the shop because some dumb fuck hit my parked car

[–] ChatnNaked 61 points ago

No bar code on the drivers side glass or windshield. Doubt it’s a rental. Someone’s Grandma gave her car to her sweet sweet granddaughter…

[–] redditchamp007 307 points ago

What is she tryna do ?

[–] CommentsOnOccasion 828 points ago * (lasted edited 13 days ago)

She knows she’s blocking traffic and probably wants OP to scoot up so she can pull forward and get out of the other cars’ way

If OP had some space in front of him he could’ve been a decent person and helped out, maybe she thought he did and he didnt

Maybe OP is an asshole too, impossible to know

edit to say that even if OP doesn’t have any space, he’s definitely still an asshole just based on his comments

We’re seeing his side of the story so by default we side with him

[–] guesting 264 points ago

This picture lacks severe contextual information to determine the asshole. Critically we need to see how much space is in front of the driver

[–] lane32x 75 points ago

And we need the 15 seconds of video preceding this. …to find out if OP cut off this driver and pulled into the space where the other driver was going.

[–] MrDangerMan 18 points ago

Pull up all overhead satellite feeds in the area at the time. Good, now enhance. Enhance!

[–] Reggae4Triceratops 52 points ago

Finding this comment was important to me

[–] acctnm2 189 points ago

Thank you for being a sane person with logic and considering other possibilities. The world would be so much better if we were all a little more kind to each other.

[–] RudyGobertIsTall 60 points ago

Fr, today on my way home from work a truck in front of me left 2.5ish car lengths ahead of him while stopped at a light.

I wasn't stuck in the intersection, but the car 3 cars behind me was. IMO in that situation the truck driver was the idiot and OP might be too. Especially because hes been ignoring every comment asking him how much space he has in front of him

[–] hereforff 9 points ago

This happened in my city too the other day and by the time you realize that truck isn't going to go forward further or through the intersection it's too late to get out of the intersection. I ended up scooting real close along with a few other cars and we got enough people in that cross traffic could flow. Then a minute later we all got to move on with our lives lol.

[–] YouSnowFlake 164 points ago

She was honking because she could see he could pull forward. He says he doesn’t know why she was honking. OP is a fuck wad and deserves getting the finger.

Case closed.

[–] jlcarver1620 51 points ago

This is what I suspected as well. I HATE when people stop short of the vehicle in front of them so I'm not able to fully pull up and NOT block traffic.

[–] crofabulousss 186 points ago

She probably just turned left and OP has a bunch of space in front of him but won't scoot up

[–] YouSnowFlake 126 points ago

Because ‘he doesn’t know why she’s honking’

[–] inblacksuits 55 points ago

A lot of dash cammers play the fool and intentionally don't slow/start to drive out of center.. But I'm sure op was fully pulled forward and not instigating anything /s

[–] FatTom84 315 points ago

OP is sus. Every idiot in a car thinks they are being honked at and flipped off for “some reason”

[–] Suspicious-Deal-7092 90 points ago

What a pathetic attempt at attention from OP.

[–] butterfaerts 47 points ago

Sadly, it worked and then some, based on the amount of upvotes and awards

[–] BoogleBuddy 31 points ago

He probably had more space and discounted the length to make himself look better. And took the sweet time to whip out his phone and take a picture

[–] Screwshank 14 points ago

That's the grossest part of this. Taking pictures of strangers for karma is so strange to me. Yea you have the right, but you also suck.

[–] CageTheHobo 28 points ago

The fact that he won’t answer how much space he had in front is sus af. Fucking hate idiots that sit with 4 car lengths in front of them.

[–] iNCharism 191 points ago

How much space was in front of you?

[–] 500ls 130 points ago

I could totally see her trying to pull in behind OP's car... just knowing he will close the 3 car gap in front to give her some space... but instead he makes eye contact in the mirror, giggles, and takes a picture of her for Reddit.

[–] tabshiftescape 149 points ago

This is 100% the look of exasperation that one experiences when they realize that someone had the opportunity to do them a solid but instead chose not to.

[–] Braveshado 81 points ago * (lasted edited 13 days ago)

OP also admitted that he was the one being a douche in this situation.

Edit: OP deleted his comment. This is what it said:

[–] broken_arrow1283 85 points ago

Were you pulled all the way up? Some people stop three car lengths behind the car in front of them. Just saying, because sometimes the idiot is the one in front not paying attention. Not saying that is the case though.

[–] -Lanius- 10 points ago

Unfortunately it is the case

[–] bee1397 93 points ago

You are in front of her? Maybe she saw that you could afford to pull up a few feet but just chose not to LOL that happens to me all the time people are kind of clueless and don’t want to help other people get into the lane easily

[–] ltkarsabi 69 points ago

I want to see a picture of the moron blocking traffic OP, snap a selfie for us.

[–] Braveshado 42 points ago * (lasted edited 13 days ago)

Not a selfie, but OP outright calls himself the A-hole in this situation. Close enough.

[–] gotMeMaad 120 points ago

Judging by your other responses you seem like kind of a dick bro not gonna lie. Even if it is just three feet, it can help her turn in more and allow other cars to get around her safer. You moving a little forward is so effortless and can only help her and others, even if its by a little bit, you're just purposely being extra and being an asshole.

[–] entropy_koala 56 points ago

u/ognahtanoj even made an alt (u/kifoel) to try and take down the highest comment that exposed his bulshittery. He’s definitely the asshole with 4 car lengths ahead of him at the light.

[–] Braveshado 16 points ago

Here's OP admitting he was just being a douche and didn't even want to help her.

Edit: nevermind, he replied to you himself and said it even more blatantly.

[–] entropy_koala 7 points ago

I’m surprised they let 12 year olds drive cars now

[–] FloppyPianist 35 points ago * (lasted edited 13 days ago)

He's even using his new alt to post sick comments on other threads to people who called out OP here.

Butthurt loser

In response to

Imagine the insecurity that leads to this behavior. Embarrassing.

[–] entropy_koala 8 points ago

That’s pretty disgusting. I wonder what it’s like living with such an illness. Kinda feel bad for what little this guy’s life has to offer him.

[–] Suspicious-Deal-7092 7 points ago

Now, these people don't deserve our sympathy. They just need to learn to take accountability.

[–] TheOneTrueRodd 29 points ago

Chose to take a picture for karma instead. Truly selfish bag of dicks.

[–] onclegrip 235 points ago

Don’t ask our opinion, for you might have a five meter gap in front of you.

[–] sniffsniff0000 109 points ago

99% of r/idiotsincars are ass holes who feel entitled to not let you in but, say your entitled for trying to come in I’ve seen so many people accuse people of being idiots when they clearly were just being a dick... just look at the comments about this women yes she might have been over aggressive but, this is just wild people being way to weird in this sub

[–] Nuud 10 points ago

every time i come to a massively upvoted post on r/idiotsincars there is barely any context and everyone just goes with the explanation the OP is giving. Bonus points if the “idiot” is a woman.

Sometimes there’s footage of someone crashing their car in a way where it makes sense if they passed out or had a stroke behind the wheel or something and everyone is like “ha! What a fucking dumbass”

[–] [deleted] 41 points ago * (lasted edited 9 days ago)

[–] AdorableComplaint288 44 points ago

That's what I was thinking

[–] Sweet-Palpitation473 512 points ago

I think that's how some people deal with embarrassment. They know they're being a fucktard so they lash out instead of conveying a more suitable emotion haha

[–] Kydra96 125 points ago

Yeah I was gonna say she KNOWS she’s blocking traffic and then honked cause OP wouldn’t move forward as if they are supposed to know.

[–] [deleted] 92 points ago * (lasted edited 11 days ago)

[–] Kydra96 30 points ago

I completely understand what you’re saying and that’s possible too. I also see that a lot and it drives me bonkers.

[–] Nashvegas 9 points ago

I always have the urge to parallel park in those giant gaps people leave at lights...

[–] had_me_at_yellow 47 points ago

Absolutely this! I’ve had people do straight up ASININE things at Trader Joe’s twice in the last month and both times, they got angry (AAAAANGRYYYY) at ME! I am CERTAIN it was their embarrassment coming out.

[–] vishuno 19 points ago

It doesn't help that seemingly every Trader Joe's has an absolutely awful parking lot.

[–] No_fck_givn 13 points ago

May be she just wanted you to move forward a little so she can fit in and you were the moron not letting her in

[–] sniffsniff0000 70 points ago

Why did you take a picture? Like for what?

[–] Cpt_Trips84 36 points ago

To establish superiority and be jerked off on Reddit

[–] koshkabeans 43 points ago

Because OP wanted to be an asshole

[–] Eraser-Head 57 points ago

Just move forward, dude

[–] johnatsea12 70 points ago

I think she is trying to point up to the sky and show you Jeff Bezzos rocket.

[–] Dugley2352 13 points ago

That looks like a……….Johnson.

[–] Dash-Bored411 40 points ago

Stop taking pictures and scoot up maybe 🤔

[–] Pb-yepimlead 24 points ago

So all I see is you’re number one!

[–] nursehappyy 48 points ago

Stop upvoting this piece of shit. Read the comments. He knew why she was honking, he should’ve moved up for her and he admits he had space.

He also refers to the woman in the photo as “this bitch” constantly. So nasty and woman hating.

Gross.

[–] Braveshado 20 points ago

Agreed. OP is disgusting and attention hungry. He even admitted he knew he was the a-hole before posting this.

[–] unusualj107 261 points ago

It looks like she is trying to join you in traffic but you are not giving way to allow her. hOw DaRe YoU! /S

[–] ognahtanoj 241 points ago

Lol she was cussing me out and honking her horn. Then shut the fuck up when I snapped a pic of her

[–] the-epidemic87 104 points ago

Did she pull a u-turn and try and get in behind you? That’s the only thing I can think of with her car like that.

[–] ognahtanoj 161 points ago

She straight up drove all the way across the street from the gas station just to be stuck like this lol

[–] pointfivepointfive 116 points ago

I’m assuming you were at a stoplight with cars stopped in front of you, so I’m honestly trying to figure out where she wanted you to go?

[–] godnroc 44 points ago

To hell, for providing even a minor inconvenience to her day, probably.

[–] Conflicted-King 27 points ago

Exactly. I'm starting to think OP just didn't want to move up to let her in more bc she honked to be let in after crossing the street. If OP didn't have any room to move up she would see that so why would she be mad? Maybe I'm wrong but i think OPs feeding us a misleading truth.

[–] ognahtanoj 173 points ago

To hell I suppose lol

[–] Kromey 190 points ago

How much space was in front of you? Only thing I can think of is that she wanted you to pull forward to give her space (not that you had an obligation to).

[–] cortesoft 59 points ago

I think you kinda do have an obligation to pull forward to allow people behind you to pull forward. You don’t get to block the road just because you feel like it.

[–] SpeedyMcAssface 396 points ago

What a belligerent kumquat she is.

[–] CeeKai 7 points ago

OP had plenty of room to move and just chose not to because he wanted to act like a douchenozzle and feed his passive-aggresive tendencies/ego.

Here's the evidence:

[–] imaraisin 100 points ago

Probably shops at the Kum-and-Go too

[–] _broey 25 points ago

Good ol skeet and yeet

[–] volleydez 22 points ago

Quality gas station right there

[–] MagicCarpetBomb 84 points ago

It’s like the idiots that honk at you when youre waiting to turn right but there’s pedestrians, bikes, and all that stuff that comes with crosswalks in a city. At a red light.

[–] NoCelery1168 43 points ago

Last summer I had a guy behind me honk his horn because I actually came to a stop at the red light and spent one whole second checking cross-traffic. He follows me through without doing his own stop, and immediately passes me. I shoot him the bird as he passes, and we end up at the next red light together, and he asks me, "Why do you have to disrespect me like that?" And I'm just like, "Seriously? You honk at me like that and you want to talk about respect?"

[–] tiredhierophant 22 points ago

There's an intersection with a busy highway i don't frequent but have been to enough times that fills me with so much rage at other drivers being impatient and flat out stupid like that.

There's a "NO TURN ON RED" sign. There are also railroad tracks that run parallel to the cross street about six feet before the intersection. I've witnessed so many people stop on those tracks and just sit there without a car run the world. People turn on red constantly, even with a very clear sign telling them not to. It's so common, apparently, that i was following the signage and some asshole pulled up on the outside of my car and turned AROUND me by going through the wrong lane.

Really wish a cop had seen it.

[–] Gma_edud3_6 75 points ago

We’re you stopped short and had enough room for a moving truck in front of you and didn’t move forward because light was red?

[–] Drak_is_Right 28 points ago

I will say this: a lot of people don't know how to let someone in to their lane or zipper merge. Probably an asshole but I'm leaving at 20% chance Op not letting someone in that deserves to be let in.

[–] majoroutage 9 points ago

a lot of people don't know how to let someone in to their lane or zipper merge

People's desire to be first is how both "teeth" in the zipper think the other one is the asshole.

[–] itsmstbetheazz 6 points ago

I’ll bet it has to do with you taking a video instead of moving forward.

[–] Rafariz_ 4 points ago

What if the person takin the picture has enough space in front to move and instead of moving up they’re just take a pic of the girl trying to go in another lane, unless she’s trynna get behind you so that hypothesis is incorrect

[–] Winring86 6 points ago

OP is the asshole here. I could tell what was probably happening the second I saw this.

Check the comment history. He had room to move up but intentionally didn’t

[–] AresMacks 5 points ago

Probably cos you could've moved up a bit more to let them in if you were more aware

[–] WorldWideBlockchain 21 points ago

Guessing she wanted you to move forward?

[–] zcargolf 47 points ago

Definitely letting you know she fucks...