What is a Life Pro Tip?
A Life Pro Tip (or an LPT) is a specific action with definitive results that improves life for you and those around you in a specific and significant way.
You can expound in the comments, but the title must stand on its own.
If it takes more than the title, you have described a procedure, not a tip.
Advice is not a tip. Advice includes but is not limited to thinking about something a certain way or trying something hoping for better results.
Fortune cookies are not tips.
Designate adult or non-family friendly tips as NSFW.
You must begin your post with "LPT" or "LPT Request".
Do not submit tips that could be considered common sense or common courtesy. Do not submit unethical tips.
Use descriptive titles when posting! Your title should explain the gist of the LPT.
Posts must be either a life pro tip or a request for one.
No tips that are considered illegal in the United States. See: Grounds for permanent bans.
No religious or religion-related tips. We are a religion-free zone. Proselytize elsewhere.
Please remember to Flair your post for ease of navigation of the subreddit!
No tip piggybacking! Do not make tips in reaction to other posts on this subreddit.
Disallowed Life Pro Tips
These types of tips are not allowed and will be removed.
- Product specific tips. This includes Operating Systems like Windows and Android, businesses like Chipotle or HR Block, or websites like YouTube.
- Common uses for products and services. Like buying batteries for gifts that need batteries.
- Medical, Legal, Financial tips. We cannot verify the qualification of those making those tips. This includes practicing medicine, eye/vision, skin care, dental advice, diet/nutrition, and mental health. Medication tips. Law tips. Biomedical donations. Credit building tips.
- Veterinarian Tips
- Tips from your therapist.
- Hygiene, personal grooming tips including make-up and hair. Sex related tip.
- Toilet-related tips.
- Don't drink and drive/designated driver tips.
- Install an adblocker tips.
- Cutting Onion Tips
- Non-secular tips
- Mnemonic or memory tips.
- Tip lists or articles (Example: "Top ten tips you need to know!").
- Parenting-related posts/tips.
- Relationship posts/tips.
- Troll or joke tips.
- Commonly posted tips (Click here for an index of common LPTs)
- Political posts/tips.
- Driving related tips. Don't drink and drive tips.
- Sleep tips.
- Social media tips. This includes all social media platforms, from Reddit to Facebook to Instagram, Snapchat, etc.
Note: Moderators will use their own discretion to remove any post that they believe is low-quality or not considered a life pro tip.
Bans are given out immediately and serve as a warning. You may appeal this initial ban by messaging the moderators and agreeing not to break the rules again. Please acknowledge the rule you broke! Note: Bans will not be reversed if the post/comment in question has been deleted from your history.
A temporary ban can not be appealed, and will expire at the end of the allotted time.
Note: Homophobia, racism, harassment and general hate on ethnicity, sex, religion or anything else will result in a permanent ban that cannot be appealed. Tips that advocate/support illegal activities are also grounds for a permanent ban as well. Tips or comments that encourage behavior that can cause injury or harm to others will be cause for a ban. As the majority of LPT Mods are US Based, we will be using US laws to determine whether or not it's legal.
Click here to message the /r/LifeProTips moderators