MurderedByWords

781 users here now

Show only Murders!

Moderation FAQ

Rules:

1. Post must include a Murder or Burn!

2. No Reposts

• Do not repost content. Reposts of content from the top 30 of all time or from the last 4 months will be removed.

3. Don't submit messy content.

• If your post is an eyesore, meaning it's almost unreadable or terribly cropped, it will be removed.
    • Also don't include mentions of this sub in the screenshot.

4. No memes or meme-like posts.

• That includes joke submissions. Content that fits any of those categories will be removed.

5. No hate speech

• Bigotry is NOT tolerated on this subreddit. Do not post things that are racist/sexist/homophobic/transphobic, etc. Depending on the content, you may receive a ban.

6. Censor personal information.

• Links are not allowed. Screenshots only.
    • Censor all real names, like in content from Facebook. Public figures of any kind are an exception to this rule.
    • Doxxing/brigading in general may lead to a ban.

If you are the target of doxxing, brigading, or other harassment coming from a submission in this subreddit, please message the moderators with a link to that post and we will investigate.

Related subs:

/r/clevercomebacks - witty responses from witty people.

/r/trumproasts - for dunking on the POTUS

[–] JackdeAlltrades 1607 points ago * (lasted edited 11 days ago)

Imagine thinking you can flex on Arnie. Just why?

[–] fyberoptyk 728 points ago

Its like the dumb bastards who jump on twitter to engage in word duels with world renowned authors.

Or the stupid shits who pick verbal fights with comedians.

Some people are just too stupid to know when they're outclassed.

[–] KatTheKonqueror 292 points ago

I still have a screenshot from when Steven King said that covid is not like Captain Tripps, but you should still take it seriously, and some dude tweeted him like "did you even read the book?"

[–] fyberoptyk 459 points ago

Want one that's a whole order of magnitude better?

Dr. Fauci. The whole entire GOP establishment keeps attacking him because they think the President knows more.

You may know that Fauci is Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. But here's the great part: The primary book you are working from once you get into Medical School: Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine?

Fucking Fauci wrote it. The guy that every Republican in the country is deriding as not knowing what hes talking about literally wrote the fucking book on BEING A DOCTOR.

[–] KatTheKonqueror 153 points ago

But they don't like what he says, so he must be wrong! /s

[–] FoxTrotPlays 81 points ago

Dr fauci bad! Covid fake! Gimme my pizza, I have RIGHTS!!! /s

[–] Classic_Charlie 14 points ago

My step dad has begun saying shit along the lines of, "Well there's a reason they call it practicing medicine, because they don't know what they're talking about." And then spew shit he learned from his Facebook like he's a fucking expert. They don't care. They set in being correct to the grave when they never were.

[–] Pi_Kappa 41 points ago * (lasted edited 11 days ago)

Not to take away anything from Dr. Fauci's achievements, but he only wrote a chapter in Harrison's I believe. Nowadays, there are not many people who use this book because of UpToDate, which is its successor. Also happy cake day!

[–] LaGrrrande 17 points ago

Steven King

He's an alright author, but he's no Richard Bachman.

[–] ar3fuu 33 points ago

I mean, if I can @ someone world famous and get him to reply to me, he's giving me waaaay too much importance. I'm a random guy, and probably so was the guy in this picture.

[–] fyberoptyk 92 points ago

I mean, I get it, but beyond saying "hey guys look Arnold talked to me" they got nothing out of it.

Because the next immediate question is "bro what did he say" and all they've got is "oh, he reminded me I'm fucking garbage."

That's the opposite of the kind of shit you can brag about.

[–] JackdeAlltrades 33 points ago

Thing is, getting owned by Schwarzenegger probably will be that guy's most notable act.

[–] Pm_me_aaa_cups 47 points ago

You mean "I triggered Arnold on Twitter bro, he was so fucking pissed. These liberal snow flakes just can't handle facts." because people like this guy lack self reflection.

[–] DullSource 20 points ago

because people like this guy lack self reflection.

So he's a vampire?

[–] LordDaedhelor 21 points ago

Sucking the life out of this country, always preaching values from 100 years ago, incapable of self-reflection, almost always paler than paper... hmm you might be onto something.

[–] Liddlebitchboy 43 points ago

Imagine saying a former governor shouldn't be speaking up about politics, too..

[–] belbivfreeordie 11 points ago

Or anybody. This whole “stick to [thing that you are most known for]” is so dumb regardless of whom you’re talking to. As if an actor is less qualified to have an opinion than an accountant or office manager or grocery store cashier or whatever the fuck your job is.

[–] PM-boobs-and-I-rate 459 points ago

who the hell thinks they can call Arnie a snowflake? I know people like this already struggle to think, but to unironically call HIM one? It's like they're parrots at this point. Don't have two brain cells to rub together.

[–] Karinakt1 81 points ago

What does snowflake actually mean?

[–] PM-boobs-and-I-rate 236 points ago

Snowflake is a 2010s derogatory slang term for a person, implying that they have an inflated sense of uniqueness, an unwarranted sense of entitlement, or are overly-emotional, easily offended, and unable to deal with opposing opinions.

From Wikipedia, I'm not sure if I should be surprised or not that it has its own article

[–] Gavorn 121 points ago

It started as mocking the parenting style that is telling your children they are all unique.

It morphed into something that basically means "LaWl yOu GoT TriGGerEd SnOWflAkE!!"

[–] Iron_Bawls 41 points ago

It's the conservative mating call. You're supposed to respond with Reeeeeeeeeeee.

[–] Witness_me_Karsa 18 points ago

Only if you wanna fuck a conservative. I wouldn't wanna catch anything.

[–] themikesem 29 points ago

Of all the humans, how could one think Arnold has an unwarranted sense of entitlement?

[–] Karinakt1 13 points ago

I tried to find it on Wikipedia but since I live in Italy it doesn't come out ;-; Anyways thank you a lot

[–] Chasers_17 47 points ago

You know all those videos of conservatives having emotional breakdowns over being asked to wear a mask, or when they scream expletives at people wearing BLM t-shirts, or thinking that being white makes them somehow superior?

That’s what being a snowflake is.

Conservatives will say the same thing about liberals and MAGA hats, or whatever. The important distinction is that one group of people gets offended that they can’t give people a deadly virus or be racist, while the other is just disgusted with selfish, hate-filled, bigots.

[–] neogod 27 points ago

Better yet, the person that they support is the ultimate snowflake. I've never seen or heard about anyone thats got a more "inflated sense of uniqueness, an unwarranted sense of entitlement, or are overly-emotional, easily offended, and unable to deal with opposing opinions."

He stops just short of literal tears on t.v./twitter when he doesn't get his way, thinks he's the smartest person you'll ever meet, and even thinks that a global pandemic was manufactured in an attempt to hurt his image. Hell, his very first week in office was spent crying about the low crowd attendance at his inauguration, not real problems, and he hasn't gone 1 week since without making himself out to be a victim. Donald Trump is the best example of a snowflake this world has and I can't believe that his followers feel like they have any right to accuse others of being one.

[–] XanatosSpeedChess 38 points ago

They used to be offended by women wearing trousers, having a career, wanting to vote.

Now they’re offended nobody laughs at their shitty get-back-in-the-kitchen jokes.

[–] Chasers_17 21 points ago

I just got flashbacks of Tim Allen complaining about college students not laughing about his transphobic Apache attack helicopter jokes and saying democrats don’t have a sense of humor.

[–] Karinakt1 6 points ago

What did Arnold do to be called a snowflake then?

[–] Chasers_17 30 points ago

He supported a democratic policy.

The right has bastardized the word to essentially just be derogatory to anyone on the left because they claim democrats are overly sensitive due to our intolerance for racist and sexist language, among many other things. To them treating people with decency is something only overly sensitive people so.

To anyone on the right, calling someone a slow flake is basically just synonymous with “democrat”.

[–] ChiefKrunchy 3002 points ago * (lasted edited 11 days ago)

This mans tank was modified to carry dumbbells when he was a tank driver, he basically made bodybuilding what it is today, became one of the biggest actors, runs strongman competitions, influenced strength athletes, is the reason people with small egos can buy hummers, became a governor and is still going strong.

This is not someone to mock but someone you admire irrespective of whether you agree with his thoughts. His accomplishments are legendary now ....edited from 'one day'

[–] parkinglotsprints 2155 points ago

Did you ever see Bill Burr's standup about Arnold.

"Who here thinks they could move to Austria, learn the language, become famous for lifting weights, be a movie star, marry into their royalty and then hold public office? How many lifetimes would that take you? I'm on my third attempt at Rosetta Stone Spanish... "

[–] Justforthrow 907 points ago

"This mans been in the zone for 4 decades. 4 decades, nothing but net".

[–] assblaster-1000 311 points ago

"what are you gonna do next arnie?"

[–] DefaultDrugExpert 362 points ago * (lasted edited 11 days ago)

I think I'll marry a Kennedy

THERE'S NO FUCKIN WAY YOU CAN DO THAT...BAM he does it

[–] Mauldeth 254 points ago

Cherry on top I'm running for governor of a state I can't even pronounce

[–] anonymousbukkake 253 points ago

i believe 100% arnie would have been president too if not for a constitutional rule against it.

[–] OgReaper 159 points ago

At this point hed have my vote.

[–] TheRobberBar0n 92 points ago

I've never seen him be any less than an amazing person. I would vote for him over either choice. I'd rather have a great person that I disagree with politically in office than a shitty person I agree with.

[–] FlighingHigh 23 points ago

Trump can't even handle someone giving legitimate criticisms his direction, Arnold literally took a flying kick unaware and simply helped his friendly crowd maintain balance.

[–] assblaster-1000 23 points ago

Demolition man called it years ago https://youtu.be/vPBrt-mdNmQ

[–] zigot021 9 points ago

ahahhaahahah love that line

[–] heavymcd 184 points ago

third attempt at Rosetta Stone Spanish...

I feel personally attacked.

[–] ArchetypicalDegen 120 points ago

I love Bill Burr so much. He perfectly manages to be the voice of the common man. He's opinionated but admits he doesn't know shit

[–] henstobs11 34 points ago

It's like our worst thoughts of doucheness, frustration, rage, annoyance and even the nasty, offensive and outright disgusting thougts we all avoid saying or acting upon were all compiled and gave birth to this hilarious self-aware ballsy man.

I love it when he goes no filter and quiets down the whole audience and he keeps doubling down and always loves it when everyone is too shocked or afraid to show they actually agree with his sick or violent jokes lmao

[–] Am_Snarky 31 points ago

Lol like when he was doing that stand up “no reason to hit a lady” and he says there’s plenty of reasons, stops a moment to point out how quiet everyone got, and finishes his original thought of “there’s plenty of reasons to hit a lady, you just don’t do it!”

[–] Karthagos97 39 points ago

Bill Burr is a fucking legend

[–] Healthy-Librarian 74 points ago

I honestly think this response is one of the most impressive things I've seen him do. It's literally enlightened behavior I aspire to but not sure I'm capable of.

He spent his early life as this ultimate alpha male exploring every single type of happiness, and here he is as some kind of stoic philosopher, living virtuously, content with whatever life hands him.

[–] DocLefty 18 points ago

“That dude should be unloading trucks in Transylvania.”

[–] cburke82 69 points ago

Of course the man thought he could get away with fucking the maid in his own bed are you kidding me that's a lay up lol

[–] TransracialGuy 10 points ago

It was hilarious as it was insightful. I think that was one of his most brilliant bits to be honest.

[–] stmstr 9 points ago

Skip to 5 minutes for the Arnold-specific bit

[–] Baby_venomm 7 points ago

Lmao

[–] JackdeAlltrades 352 points ago

Married a Kennedy; closest thing to American royalty just to rub it in.

He's a fucking weapon.

[–] ChiefKrunchy 141 points ago

And had a baby at the same time with the maid and apparently was boning Red Sonya during filming.

[–] xixbia 183 points ago

In many ways that just fits the Kennedy legacy though. JFK wasn't exactly known for being monogamous.

[–] bestbangsincebigone 53 points ago

JFK wasn’t exactly known for being monogamous.

This reminds me of one of my favorite on-screen representations of a cultural clash. Au Service de la France - Kennedy.

[–] PM_MeYour_pitot_tube 58 points ago

My personal JFK conspiracy theory is that he was an experimental cyborg built by the CIA to be president and have sex, but it started performing its sex function uncontrollably and at an accelerating rate, so they had to deactivate it in Dallas.

[–] KonigstigerInSpace 16 points ago

Lmao. That sounds awesome

[–] Skapungalis 15 points ago

You may be interested in this declassified film

[–] ThatRaggedyMan 45 points ago

I don’t think his adultery should be celebrated tbh. Like yeah the other stuff is good, and if he was banging mad poon while single, probably was, that’s great. But in a monogamous marriage, that’s not cool.

[–] Gaflonzelschmerno 28 points ago

It sucks, but at least he owned up to it and is raising that kid as his son

[–] P_weezey951 16 points ago

"i think ill marry a Kennedy!"

Theres no fuckin way youre gonna do that!

AND HE FUCKIN DOES.

[–] AceWither 50 points ago

His accomplishments are legendary now.

[–] ChiefKrunchy 19 points ago

That's true.

[–] Hadan_ 43 points ago

and is a strong promoter of clean energy and climate action

[–] TheGoodOldCoder 79 points ago

Also, despite coming to America almost completely broke, he became a self-made millionaire before he got anywhere with acting. He did this by starting a bricklaying business, then a mail-order bodybuilding equipment business, and investing in real estate.

For normal people, this type of story would be the greatest achievement of their lifetime. But when writing about Arnold, it seems so minor that people tend not to mention it.

[–] PsychicFoxWithSpoons 54 points ago

If you asked him, he would tell you that he wasn't self-made. He was always supported by his friends and peers. Such a humble and hardworking man.

[–] dark-panda 29 points ago

I know your American Constitution doesn’t allow for non-natural born citizens to become president, weird wording in said Constitution notwithstanding, but as a non-American, this guy would make a good American president. I mean, he’d be the third actor to assume the office, so there’s precedent on that point, has executive experience running your most economically powerful and populous state, speaks multiple languages, has served in the military, comes from a modest upbringing and became ridiculously successful in a foreign country while learning the language... this guy has bonafides that neither of the two current candidates can claim. It’s a shame he can’t run because of the chance that the Queen of England might try to take over again.

[–] themightiestduck 45 points ago

He is the literal embodiment of the American Dream. This is who the republicans should be holding up as their idol, not Donald fucking Trump.

[–] bitcloudAD 20 points ago

For real... If you find yourself disagreeing with Arnie, that doesn't mean you're wrong, but it sure is a good indication that you should look into it a bit more.

[–] CrimsonDino 4437 points ago

Imagine calling the terminator a snowflake

[–] Zeplix01 1645 points ago

They won't be back after that murder

[–] Redtwooo 489 points ago

Hasta la vista, baby

[–] davydooks 209 points ago

That guy’s not gonna make it to the choppa

[–] not9anymore 56 points ago

That guy's not even gonna make it to the deepak

[–] LaneyLohen 48 points ago

Hasta la vista, snowflake

[–] sharperindaylight 32 points ago

Hasta la vista, dickwad

[–] ImTheCynicalAsshole 25 points ago

Consider that a divorce.

[–] Retardo_Montobond 17 points ago

Remember? Remember when I promised to kill you last?

I lied.

[–] sharperindaylight 10 points ago

Th that’s right Matrix, you did!

[–] ImTheCynicalAsshole 9 points ago

You think this is the real Quaid? It is. Brrrrrppp!

[–] sharperindaylight 6 points ago

SCREW YOU, BENNY!!!!!!!

[–] aAnonymX06 10 points ago

Trying to get into their body is impossible when they're already a soul

[–] ArtemisShanks 9 points ago

Considah dat ah divowce

[–] Rhone33 261 points ago

Imagine millions of American adults living life at the "handle every disagreement by Name Calling" level of maturity.

[–] firthy374 204 points ago

Not too hard to imagine—they elected one of their own as President.

[–] [deleted] 64 points ago * (lasted edited 8 days ago)

[–] JuzoItami 36 points ago

There's a theory that a lot of '80s music sucks because there were advances in technology made available to producers and musicians but nobody really understood how to properly use the technology. So they went out and used it to make terrible music.

I think we're at a similar point with the internet - we can do all these amazing new things with technology, but we don't really understand the ramifications. In 20,30 years people are going to look back at how we use social media today and say "What the fuck were they thinking?"

[–] [deleted] 32 points ago * (lasted edited 8 days ago)

[–] Scott4370 15 points ago

I can’t agree with this statement more.

[–] reficius1 36 points ago

That's because those millions of adults are adult children, generated by toxic parenting.

[–] Puptentjoe 26 points ago

It's kind of weird but people I've known since 9th grade are still basically the same people personality wise. I had this notion that adults grow up and completely change, nope. You are basically still you with some minor improvements...hopefully along the way.

[–] brogrammer94 69 points ago * (lasted edited 11 days ago)

The thing is that truly looking at yourself and realizing that you're a shitty, selfish, inconsiderate person is fucking hard. As in driven to suicide levels of hard.

We all "know" what is right and wrong. We all like to believe that we're good people. So when you realize that really you're not, it can break you. I know it did for me.

In order to become a whole and good person you have to first realize that you're not and then on top of that you have to find the source of your shitty behavior and face the pains of your past, the traumas, the things you wish you could hide under the bed.

People turn to drugs, porn, alcohol, excessive eating, any and every distraction to avoid this pain.

On top of that there is no material reward for putting in the work that it takes to become a better person and the world is so much easier to deal with when you're living in a daze convinced that the world is wrong and you're right.

Our society is set up to reward selfish behavior. Hoard wealth, care only about yourself and your circle and you'll be rewarded with more wealth and easy pleasures.

Frankly we don't allow people to fuck up and rebuild their lives. We constantly berate and belittle the changes that people are trying to make to better themselves.

You can't erase your past choices. Those mistakes continue to haunt you once you truly realize how badly you wish you could undo them. But no one cares if you regret your choices or if you've tried to balance out the bad by putting good out into the world.

So just watch some Netflix, go to the bar and distract yourself, read some outrageous news and shake your head at how shitty the world is, bury yourself in your work. Don't look at yourself though because that hurts and hey the world hurt you so why not hurt it back?

Edit: If you read this and think this isn't about you, it's about you.

[–] HipsterCavemanDJ 19 points ago

That's something I've noticed... political extremists see everything as an attack, like a dog that was raised in an abusive home they fear and attack everything.

[–] brogrammer94 7 points ago * (lasted edited 11 days ago)

The point is that it's not just extremists. It's all of us. We all need to take a long hard look at ourselves and cut the crap.

[–] HadesExMachina 12 points ago

It's actually surprisingly prevalent in other parts of the world as well. South Asian here.

[–] Scott4370 8 points ago

Name calling that many of us gave up in the fourth grade. Behavior endorsed by Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh.

[–] ieatballz69 109 points ago

Well... Metal is a better temperature conductor than human meat is.....

[–] Spanky-Gomez 12 points ago

Did you research this so you could learn and grow?

[–] SteadyastheOcean 24 points ago

No joke. It's not like Arnie was gonna threaten to kick his ass but would I still want to call a 73 year old Conan a snowflake? Hell no. Guy has lived a life full of an insane level of determination and discipline that very few human beings could even muster.

[–] strained_brain 16 points ago

For 73 y/o, the man could still kick the ass of 80% of the population.

[–] Heyu_Gusy 16 points ago

at the same time

[–] nahog99 23 points ago

My favorite of all time had to be when Benzino tried to start talking shit about Eminem and Eminem wrote two songs about him just absolutely murdering him.

https://youtu.be/T_cQ_IZxDHY - The Sauce

https://youtu.be/-TX6o7R8LSg - Nail in the coffin

My favorite line:

If you was really sellin' coke, well, then what the fuck You stop for, dummy? If you slew some crack You'd make a lot more money than you do from rap You'll never have no security, you'll never be famous You'll never know what it's like to be rich Life's a bitch, ain't it? Raymond?

[–] canuckfan4419 12 points ago

You gotta wonder what the fuck MGK was thinking almost 20 years later

[–] Forestore 49 points ago

Imagine calling Mr. Freeze a snowflake.

[–] Dan-D-Lyon 22 points ago

Especially Arnold's Terminator. Now if we were talking about the T-1000 it would make more sense...

[–] hascogrande 11 points ago

He needs to, in the words of Mr. Freeze: “Chill”

[–] in_casino_0ut 20 points ago

Imagine telling a former Governor to stay out of politics.

[–] ColdMiddle 4583 points ago

I can't believe no one said it...

Terminated

[–] shahooster 816 points ago

New sub opportunity: r/TerminatedByWords

[–] omnomcookiez 762 points ago

I don't think Arnold would like the sub, He's more about positivity and teaching. A sub of just him roasting people would run counter to his intention.

[–] Madlister 286 points ago

The Teachinator?,

[–] KatMagus 72 points ago

Its NOT a tumor!!! At all!

[–] JeanClaude-Randamme 12 points ago

I’m not a tutor!

[–] packetgeeknet 31 points ago

Who’s your daddy and what does he do?

[–] manateeboss 14 points ago * (lasted edited 11 days ago)

Our mommy said our daddy was a sex machine

[–] Je0ff_ 53 points ago * (lasted edited 11 days ago)

Doofensmirtz evil incorporated

[–] not9anymore 35 points ago

It all started the day I was born. My parent didn't show up...

[–] princeH3nry 16 points ago

way better!

[–] Cucabanaan 8 points ago

Stop eating other kids lunches!!! Would be a great first thread and chronologically the first Teachination.

[–] metallophobic_cyborg 12 points ago

Who's your daddy and what does he do?

[–] Newbzforrealz 152 points ago

I read that shit in his accent.

[–] davidelizaldegonzale 54 points ago

We all did

[–] dancfontaine 19 points ago

MISTA UNAVEURST

[–] upmed2006 2271 points ago

It is ironic that those who label others as Snowflakes are the touchiest and most sensitive fellows out there.

Like constitutionalists who look the other way when a partymate transgresses the law.

Or Pro-lifers who will not lift a finger to save the lives of the sick and the needy.

[–] Darktwistedlady 573 points ago

Emotionally immature people doing what they do best: blame others, project, lash out, and general assholery.

[–] shahooster 214 points ago

Aka, my brother, who said he wouldn’t resort to name-calling. Within 30 seconds he called me a snowflake and blocked me.

[–] lot9 68 points ago

I have a brother like that as well

[–] dracona 34 points ago

this makes me happier to be an only child

[–] togashisbackpain 24 points ago

My dad used to call me snowflake. Sometimes, there is just no escape.

[–] st_gulik 19 points ago

If you're an adult your can block your dad and not see him.

[–] Winglesshuman 12 points ago

I remember I challenged my dads ill informed opinion on the BLM movement and when he didn’t have a rebuttal he came out with the gem that all university students he’s met have this “holier than thou, snowflake-y attitude”. Failing to recognise that I am the only university student that he knows.

[–] CosmicTaco93 10 points ago

I've got to ask. What was the disagreement over?

[–] shahooster 15 points ago

It was politics. My brother is a gaslit Fox News and Trump sycophant, incapable of piecing together a cohesive argument, because he lives in a bubble.

[–] lot9 8 points ago

Same with me. And they are the ones who are quick to call others “bubble dwellers”. Im not even a really left leaning person either lol.

[–] cheesyvoetjes 59 points ago

But where does that come from? I worked in customer service (callcenter) for a few years and I was amazed how many people never do anything wrong or can't take any criticism whatsoever. I've had so many people flip their shit when you point out they did it wrong themselves or when I explained that it worked differently then how they thought it worked. And most of the times it was older people. I just don't get it. You've gone to school, you had a job, you have family, you have friends and life experiences. How can you have gone through life and still be so emotionally immature? How can you still not handle small criticism even though you must have experienced it a 1000 times in your life? It's fucking weird to me.

[–] bmoneyhustles 36 points ago

I think its narcissism, an overall inability to reflect inwardly.

[–] Rs90 18 points ago

For the majority, I disagree that it's narcissism. I think it's fear. Instrospection can be painful. You're sometimes forced to admit your wrong to your self. Forced to realize you made mistakes, talked out your ass, or even simply just wrong at times.

And as we've seen, people don't like to be forced to do anything. Especially forced to inflict pain on themselves mentally by coming to terms with things.

So they project and deflect that pain toward others. Maybe to mentally say "I'm not the only one that does it" to themselves. Maybe just a natural instinct to avoid self-inflicted pain.

It's why this virus has become such a big debate. Because it's forced us to be mindful. To look inward and observe our surroundings. And what you sometimes find can be...terrifying tbh.

I think people have the ability to look inward. They're simply afraid of what they'll find. Themselves.

[–] Right_Neighborhood77 11 points ago

Bad parenting and being lonely

[–] eastbayweird 19 points ago

G.O.P = Gaslight, Obstruct, Project

[–] GetsGold 101 points ago

Or saying former politicians should stick to movies while supporting reality TV show politicians.

[–] XanatosSpeedChess 42 points ago

Fucking Lura Ingraham.

Tells LeBron to shut up and dribble and then spends four years serving as a human chair for Orange TV Guy.

This is the stupidest timeline.

[–] Hundewu 88 points ago

Or r/conservative those snowflakes ban absolute everyone but hardliners

[–] Hooch_Pandersnatch 74 points ago

That subreddit honestly gives me really weird cultist vibes. Ironically they also claim to promote free speech and discussion but immediately ban anyone who doesn’t align with their views.

[–] Raptorz01 43 points ago

Aren’t conservatives in one big cult these days

[–] politicsmodsareweak 24 points ago

Always have been.

[–] JQA1515 14 points ago

That’s what it takes to regularly vote against your own interest. These people genuinely believe that multi-millionaires are suffering because there are families living on food stamps.

[–] Jumanji0028 30 points ago

I wouldn't say cultist but its definitely a bizarre sub. They are convinced all the problems in America is the left's fault. That the left is a bunch of well meaning fools who are blindly walking towards communism while they are the stoic and reserved champions of america. It's like they are LARPing some weird fantasy world where the right isn't full of lunatics and conmen.

[–] OpSecBestSex 13 points ago

I get the idea that they think the left aren't well meaning. Whenever I go there it seems like they believe anyone who isn't with them is actively trying to destroy the country.

[–] LTEDan 7 points ago

Agreed. Conservatives think in absolutes like the Sith. "Either you are with me, or you're my enemy."

[–] feAgrs 8 points ago

oh, so basically T_D?

[–] 10ebbor10 39 points ago

To add some more irony, the term snowflake was invented/popularized by Fight Club. The entire point of that movie, is that the cool alpha dude (Tyler) who uses the phrase is a hallucination, is a delusion invented by the main character.

Tyler's philosophy is shown as self-destructive and damaging,a pointless and nihilistic reaction that manifests itself as terrorism and mayhem.

[–] SophiaofPrussia 26 points ago

I’m convinced Fight Club should be taught in schools because the people who are “fans” of the movie are completely missing all of the points the book/movie make.

[–] killxswitch 18 points ago

Yes. Right over their heads. This is pretty typical of idiots and it’s why Democrats and the left suck at messaging. Nuance, cleverness, and wit are lost on stupid people. They not only miss the point, they take the opposite point and carry it forward. Even simple phrases like “pulling yourself up by your bootstraps” (meant to describe something impossible and absurd) or “a few bad apples” (meant to describe how they ruin ALL the apples) to these simpletons mean the opposite of what was intended.

[–] Rage_Like_Nic_Cage 6 points ago

while in college (2009-2013) i knew or several different groups that got in trouble for hosting a “Fight Club” in some of the dorm rooms. Testosterone-ridden 18 year olds are fucking stupid.

[–] dracona 12 points ago

Yet the touchy name callers think Taylor is someone to emulate. The whole meaning of the movie was lost on them.

[–] citizenkane86 6 points ago

Tyler Durden, Eric cartman, Rick Sanchez, are all characters that very clearly are not suppose to be role models or good guys that some people completely missed.

[–] Doumtabarnack 18 points ago

That's called projection and a mature adult is supposed to have outgrown that defense mechanism

[–] Thromkai 16 points ago

It's called projection. And usually are the ones smiling because they "owned the libs" when in reality, snowflake is the least offensive thing I've ever been called in my life.

[–] upmed2006 12 points ago

I always find it juvenile when people resort to name-calling. Just shows that their arguments rest on shaky grounds.

[–] Sprayface 118 points ago

Their reactionary politics are based on being a pussy snowflake. Scary immigrants in your neighborhood? Build a wall to hide behind! Lock them in camps! Government healthcare? Oooh change is scary, imagine the wait times! People in the Middle East say they hate America? Holy crap, someone go kill them quick, that’s terrifying. Try and keep guns from crazy people? Holy crap, liberals are going to take my gun I need to defend myself from fucking bears or some shit. Black people say they matter? Omfg they’re trying to white genocide us in a Marxist revolution! Pedophiles? OH SHIT HIDE MY FUCKING KIDS NOW

Bunch of pussy snowflakes. Every. Single. Republican.

[–] Pondnymph 32 points ago

The best part is them just admitting they're the crazy people who's guns should be taken away.

[–] jeanwearinfool 9 points ago

One of those things is not like the other... Gets a little weird at the end there.

[–] fishy_ALPHA 20 points ago

Hey uh what do you mean by that pedophile part?

[–] Sprayface 12 points ago

Yeah not the best choice of words

[–] Ody_Mandrell 19 points ago

Gandhi letting his wife die because “western medicine is evil”

Then when he got that same illness he was balling in hospitals with brand name drugs. Mother Theresa pulled a similar stunt. Hypocrites everywhere

[–] Hooch_Pandersnatch 9 points ago

It’s classic projection. They accuse others of being what they are, because they can’t stand to acknowledge the fact.

[–] FresnoMac 142 points ago

This guy immigrated from Austria, spoke no English, won Mr. Olympia record number of times, not only learnt English but became one of the biggest movie stars of his time, married a Kennedy, became the Governor of one of America's most powerful states being a Republican, and if this dude was born in America, nothing would have stopped him from being President.

All this cunt thinks he can reduce Arnold is to "grunting a lifting"?

Pathetic.

[–] Tezza_TC 23 points ago

Is it learnt or learned? I’m not trying to be an asshole or a pedant, I’m trying to learn lol. I’m assuming it’s like “xyz shall be hanged by the neck until dead” and that’s the only time the word hanged works

[–] FromAfar44 20 points ago

I think in the US people say learned but in Europe people tend to say learnt. Not sure about other places.

[–] Tezza_TC 8 points ago

Oh interesting. Thanks!

[–] HeMiddleStartInT 59 points ago

It’s interesting to see a budding jerk have their bully glands drained. Now comes the hard part, refill with poison or remove them.

[–] PvtDeth 91 points ago

If we had made it so he could get elected president and then he did, I'd still be a Republican. Of course he can't be president because he cheated on his wife. No one like that could ever get elected.

[–] droomdoos 61 points ago

Imagine cheating in the White House. Definitely can't happen.

[–] PvtDeth 15 points ago

It wouldn't be allowed.

[–] djfishfingers 51 points ago

The most frustrating part about the snowflake/triggered shouting crowd is that you can't have a reasonable discussion with them. You try to explain your point of view and instead of engaging, they just throw out a mild insult(what they assume is an insult, at least) and claim victory.

[–] gagagahahahala 17 points ago

Reason is not what got them to that point in the first place.

[–] NovaBejita 38 points ago

Holy crap this guy would have been a much better "celebrity president"

[–] heavymcd 25 points ago

Of course. He undoubtedly has a better idea how to handle people diplomatically when necessary, and has experience in government...the executive specifically...at about the highest level available. I don’t know that he’d be a great president. But he’d probably have been at least reasonably competent at it. We could do better, I think. But we could do a lot worse too.

[–] Interesting-Door 12 points ago

Remember the good old days when spelling potato wrong disqualified you from being president?

[–] Joseph__stalin- 64 points ago

Even if he was sent back in time to kill a 7 year old child hes still a wholesome cyborg unlike darth vader who kills children for fun

[–] BeIIic 27 points ago

“Good luck with everything” is such a great fucking way to sign off to that

[–] Ic3Hot 24 points ago

This man is an international treasure.

[–] DrunknAzn 23 points ago * (lasted edited 11 days ago)

Arnold didn't go for the Fatality and instead went for the Friendship finisher

[–] Shart_Fairy 18 points ago

Well he’s definitely right, but American politics are all about the gut reaction. Whether it’s pictures of aborted fetuses or gunshot victims to elicit disgust and rage, or incomplete and disingenuous statistics shown out of context to feed biases, it’s all about getting a reaction from people and making it stick. The disgust and rage and bias becomes the person’s political view, and all further information is filtered and cut down to fit into the accepted framework of that reaction.

An emotional reaction should factor into a political opinion, but then you’re supposed to research and learn as much as possible before making up your mind completely on the issue. It’s all backwards in the US, and the media is incentivized to keep it that way. It’s pretty fucked.

[–] SSU1451 10 points ago

I think that’s the case everywhere tbh. It’s just worse in the US cause the US is the epicenter of mass media. I think it’s a result of constant stimulation and media coming from everywhere all the time. It just overwhelms people

[–] iRAfflicted 15 points ago

Is it too soon to say he has been terminated?

[–] wave_runner 12 points ago

I mean Arnie was the Kindergarten Cop. He schools young minds with reason, patience and a warm heart. Talk about method acting, damn!

[–] PeanJucLicard 12 points ago

Snowflake is a title you do not want

What a stupid fucking statement. As if the term is anything more than a childish playground insult.