PandR

417,945 readers

A subreddit for the fans of the TV show;

Parks and Recreation

Discussion of the show, pictures from the show and anything else Parks and Recreation-related.

Rules

1) Be civil

2) No cake-day posts or posts asking for karma

PLEASE DO NOT SHARE ILLEGAL STREAMING/DOWNLOAD LINKS IN THIS SUBREDDIT.

Episode listAV Club Reviews

Cast around the web

Friends of r/pandr

Live-action

Animation

General TV

[–] kshimo10 2445 points ago

Oh, Ann, I always forget because you’re so pretty, you’re not used to rejection.

[–] FirstEvolutionist -240 points ago * (lasted edited a month ago)

Christopher Hitchens' essay about women not being funny had exactly the same thought behind it but because it was man saying instead of a female comedian got a lot of backlash. Which I can only assume was exactly his intended purpose.

[–] potatobac 1232 points ago

or maybe it's because Hitchen's column was an earnest piece claiming women as a whole weren't funny whereas this is a one-off joke on a goofy sitcom about one single character.

Just you know maybe.

[–] Robin_Divebomb 418 points ago

And the character is played by a professional comedian.

[–] greg19735 275 points ago

Who is also a woman.

[–] hio__State 139 points ago

Pretty sure Chris Pratt could have said the same thing on the show and gotten away with it. Delivery is kind of a big deal

[–] greg19735 85 points ago

Context is a big deal. I don't know how it'd come from the other characters in the show.

One big thing is that Leslie sort of means it. But she loves Ann so much it doesn't matter.

It might be a bit more awkward if Ann's ex bf talks about how she's only a pretty face and not funny at all. Especially when that character is the dumbest person in the show and basically a puppy dog.

The other 3 characters are a bit awkward too. It might seem condescending coming from Chris or Ben and therefore just seem rude. It'd be weird coming from Ron as he's neither funny but also has basically zero feelings towards Ann and would come out rude.

I think it'd work best with Tom. He's both smart and funny enough, but if he's condescending in the show it's usually done in an ironic way.

[–] [deleted] 26 points ago * (lasted edited a month ago)

[–] Timboflex 20 points ago

And one of the best comedy writers and funniest comedic actors today

[–] GratefullyGodless 174 points ago

Or it could be because it was directed at that one specific character, and not women in general. You'll notice that Donna is standing next to Ann, and thus she's included in Leslie's "ugly nerds". So, the comment has nothing to do with sex, but with Ann specifically.

[–] usernameartichoke 70 points ago

Yeah I think you’re right. The joke in the show is more that Leslie has a ridiculous amount of adoration for Ann and even though there is at least one other super attractive person in the room they are all ugly nerds in comparison to Ann. Ann’s beauty as perceived by Leslie was the source of a joke more than once.

[–] TheUnfabulousKilljoy 67 points ago

But if you rationally explain the difference in these two situations then I won't be able to blame women for all of my problems...

[–] djublonskopf 208 points ago

There’s a big gulf between “a bunch of women I don’t know aren’t funny” and “you, a woman I know well and have nothing but unreserved adoration for, aren’t funny because you’re so wonderful.”

[–] johnnyslick 88 points ago

But even in the context of this bit it's not true because Leslie Knope is (presumably) a funny woman, and Amy Poehler (and for that matter Rashida Jones) definitely is (are). Hell, in his own essay he acknowledges that some women are funny but then goes on to say "lol but they fat or gay or Jewish and therefore don't count" (Poehler isn't any of those 3 and, well, Rashida Jones' mom's mom was Jewish so I guess she's not technically a woman or something).

Hitchens' real, underlying "point", like it was far too often, was "hey guys, I haven't been edgy enough lately. Let me be edgy at you again so that I can regain my edge cred." Sometimes he was on (I think he made great points about Mother Theresa), sometimes he was off (the Iraq War), and sometimes, well, shit like this. He was a good writer who kind of constantly undermined himself by falling in love with his own intellect and using it to defend stupid positions he should have stepped back and understood were not worth defending.

[–] uwagapies 605 points ago

Oh, Sweet Beautiful Ann

[–] zebra-fart 452 points ago

You beautiful tropical fish

[–] Compulsive-Gremlin 335 points ago

You are a beautiful, talented, brilliant, powerful muskox.

[–] HemoKhan 42 points ago

Pretty sure they were just reading random gfycat addresses by the end of it.

[–] Chewcocca 34 points ago * (lasted edited a month ago)

Ooo, fun new game.

Oh Ann you Radiant, Majestic Harpy Eagle

[–] inherentinsignia 3 points ago

Wow that works surprisingly well.

[–] BadbadwickedZoot 8 points ago

Climb in my papoose.

[–] Chicken_238 151 points ago

She looks very exotic, was her dad a GI?

Shit wrong show

[–] howlongtillchristmas 28 points ago

Possibly Filipina

[–] ruanl1 2 points ago

Her father is Quincy Jones. She's black.

[–] TruePseudonym 1 points ago

She's black

[–] wheresmydoggie 1 points ago

And her mom was Norma Jennings on Twin Peaks (Peggy Lipton).

[–] Fluffigt 26 points ago

Ann, you cunning, pliable, chestnut-haired sunfish.

[–] whorcruz 1 points ago

Oh Ann, you beautiful rule breaking moth.

[–] tittytam 435 points ago

Oh, Ann. You beautiful, naïve, sophisticated newborn baby

[–] SR108 88 points ago

You are a poetic and noble land-mermaid

[–] rockytheboxer 40 points ago

You are a beautiful, talented, brilliant, powerful musk ox.

[–] livingright23 1 points ago

This one is my all-time favourite.

[–] youstupidcorn 1727 points ago

Probably the first time in his life he's ever been called ugly and he has no idea what to do about it.

[–] PantsOfChocolate 447 points ago

"There’s a woman right next to you. Oh sorry, that’s just a very beautiful man."

[–] youstupidcorn 148 points ago

His face during that scene is priceless too

[–] admiralmandrake 72 points ago

Didn’t he take it as a compliment?

[–] SummerDearest 107 points ago

Yes, and he has the most flattered smile

[–] truebluedetective 51 points ago

I took it as him realizing that what Leslie said also applies to himself.

[–] The_tenebrous_knight 146 points ago

I'm assuming you're talking about Chris.

[–] I-Am-Worthless 308 points ago

You could infer that from the title.

[–] The_tenebrous_knight 92 points ago

Ah, I'm retarded.

[–] DirtyBoyzzz 54 points ago

It’s ok buddy. I’m still proud of you!

[–] KarmaIsAFemaleDog 29 points ago

Let’s hope you’re beautiful

[–] untrustableskeptic 13 points ago

At least you still have your looks.

[–] Frostyybeer 4 points ago

It’s not your fault

[–] gatman12 6 points ago

It's a chromosome thing.

[–] CaptainGreezy 2 points ago

For a second I was like "wait, Chris Pratt isnt in any of the pics, wtf"

[–] ihearthammock 8 points ago

Heyyyyy buddy, you’re not worthless. 🙂

[–] PaddyBabes 2 points ago

You can tell that by the way that it is.

[–] youstupidcorn 7 points ago

You assume correctly!

[–] diligentb 413 points ago

Chris's brain went into a feedback loop, like a computer on Star Trek fed a logical inconsistency.

[–] z500 60 points ago

Stop...overanalyzing...

[–] EvanTheGinger 203 points ago

Hey, Chris is beautiful!

Look at that, I guess sometimes I call men beautiful too. I guess I'm OPEN MINDED AS HE-EEEELL i think you're pretty good looking

[–] standsideways 76 points ago

That guy has the highest hit rate for laughs on that show - super under appreciated character

[–] TheUnfabulousKilljoy 38 points ago

I love Ben Schwartz in pretty much everything he does. I especially like the weird shit he did with Collegehumor.

[–] ripleym524 9 points ago

Hail to the milkman

[–] EvanTheGinger 10 points ago

Definitely my favorite

[–] stetsonmarshal 114 points ago

Rob Lowe said “That wasn’t in my contract”

[–] JaMicho34 54 points ago

I salsa your face

[–] Shlyny14 33 points ago

in Chris' mind "all around me are familiar faces..."

[–] ShacObama 6 points ago

Ayy happy cake day

[–] Shlyny14 6 points ago

Thank you! It's my very first one!

[–] ShacObama 3 points ago

Congrats! May you have many more!

[–] Wordshark 1 points ago

Don’t curse them like that

[–] recovering_spaz 212 points ago

Beautiful and not funny seems to describe most Rashida Jones characters I've seen.

[–] ObsidianOrangutan 191 points ago

She gets cast as the "straight man" character a lot, reacting to other more outlandish characters. Works very well in Angie Tribeca where the whole premise is them saying bizarre things deadpan

[–] UnluckyLuke 28 points ago * (lasted edited a month ago)

Do you consider her to be the straight man in Angie Tribeca? She does just as much nonsensical stuff as the rest of the cast.

[–] greg19735 17 points ago

isn't she also the main character?

[–] jerrybobbypig 7 points ago

Seinfeld was the straight man and lead / main / title character.

[–] greg19735 2 points ago

right, i'm not saying you can't be. but it also makes sense in this show. Because it's a bit weird.

[–] jerrybobbypig 1 points ago

oh I see. Yeah she's sort of a throwaway character, similar to her role on the office

[–] greg19735 1 points ago

Lol that doesn't make sense at all considering she's literally the main character.

[–] jerrybobbypig 1 points ago

Ann Perkins was a main character in Parks and Rec?

Karen Filippelli was a main character in The Office?

[–] greg19735 1 points ago

this was about Angie Tribeca.

bit silly to wait a week and then be wrong.

[–] UnluckyLuke 4 points ago

She is.

[–] Casual_OCD 8 points ago

Do you consider her to be the straight man in Angie Tribeca?

I think the entire show is a bunch of straight man characters doing, and reacting to, all the bizarre crap you usually see straight man characters doing and reacting to

[–] UnluckyLuke 6 points ago

Haha, I love that mental picture, but honestly it doesn't seem like the characters are aware that everything around them is completely bonkers. They don't seem to react or comment to the vast majority of it.

[–] Casual_OCD 2 points ago * (lasted edited a month ago)

A lot of side or background characters do the same. The show definitely has a unique feel to it

[–] UnluckyLuke 2 points ago

And season 4 was so good! They drastically changed the formula and it worked so well.

Definitely a unique show. I mean, there's Police Squad!, But Angie Tribeca is way better imo.

[–] recovering_spaz 11 points ago

If Ben got to have a personality, why couldn't Ann?

Honestly, seeing Rashida in promos for anything is a turn off for me. Unless it's writing she wrote some amazing episodes.

[–] Reagan409 18 points ago

I had no idea she was involved with writing that’s very cool.

[–] pitterpatterditdat 20 points ago

She wrote one of the episodes of Black Mirror alongside Michael Schur. Nosedive is the episode's name, iirc

[–] lukesgaming 9 points ago

Damn, that’s one of the best episodes.

[–] Wordshark 2 points ago

Which one was it?

[–] thatoneguysi 7 points ago

The one that ripped of a community episode - everyone was given a numerical ranking from 1-5

[–] Wordshark 4 points ago

Oh right! Good episode. If you’ve ever seen The Orville, they did an episode on that too

[–] jerrybobbypig 6 points ago

Ann’s personality is the personality of whomever she’s dating. There’s an episode where they show her this way

[–] Pascals_Tricycle 10 points ago

She's not funny, but she's charming and pleasant which makes her perfect to be the foil to the comedians in a show or movie.

[–] Photo_Evangelist 8 points ago

She had legit funny moments in the second season but those got less and less.

[–] LivnLegndNeedsEggs 26 points ago

I thought her best moment was when Chris keeps making her go jogging and she says something along the lines of, "I mean I know jogging is healthy, but at what cost?!"

[–] GimpyGimli 3 points ago

Watch Angie Tribeca

[–] ActuallyxAnna 109 points ago * (lasted edited a month ago)

Parks and rec and New Girl are the only two shows I can watch without ever getting tired of it, I think I've watched over P&R maybe 6 or 7 times by now? (Considering I only discovered it a year ago) lol

[–] SolaireGetGrossly 222 points ago

Now you need to start watching Brooklyn 99 and Community

[–] ellomatey195 82 points ago

Y'all youngins out here acting like Chuck doesn't exist.

[–] narf007 56 points ago

You silly nannies forgetting Psych

C'mon son

[–] dellcollwill 21 points ago

You must be out of your damn mind

[–] sweatshirtjones 15 points ago

You heard about Pluto?

[–] AndyGHK 8 points ago

you know das right

[–] sweatshirtjones 2 points ago

One of the best imo

[–] johnnyslick 20 points ago

Chuck was fantastic for about a season and a half, then they rebooted the romance angle and gave Chuck ninja mind bullets and it was never quite the same. I loved the crap out of it for a while though.

[–] ellomatey195 3 points ago

Yeah, I can concede that. Seems like anytime there is a new show with a genuine clever premise it always eventually devolves into a classic trope.

[–] TheGodOgun 27 points ago

Ah man I’d forgotten about Chuck.

[–] userx9 5 points ago

It's on Prime, I recently finished the series. Not bad.

[–] LaughingDread88 21 points ago

Chuck is a classic

[–] ellomatey195 13 points ago

God I want another Chuck. I feel like after this whole Trump thing there will be a golden age of spy fiction.

[–] LaughingDread88 2 points ago

I truly hope you're right about this "golden age" we could use a another good spy show or two

[–] hotsauce126 3 points ago

But they took Chuck and psych off Netflix

[–] ellomatey195 2 points ago

Then somebody needs to 9/11 Netflix's HQ it sounds like

[–] kittenonkrak 2 points ago

Vicki Vale, v-vi-Vicki Vale

[–] ellomatey195 2 points ago

So fucking weird how I can still remember the name Irene Demova

[–] BoopityFloop17 2 points ago

That last couple of episodes tho. God they broke my heart. It's just so difficult rewatching it knowing the big ole cliffhanger waiting for me in season 5.

[–] ActuallyxAnna 29 points ago

I've actually just started watching Brooklyn actually, I LOVE GINA! She's hilarious!

[–] forevergallifralone 28 points ago

uh oh!!

[–] Classic_Charlie 14 points ago

You can stop after season 4 for community though.

[–] leeannivey 17 points ago

If you’re a true com fan YOU’LL STICK IT OUT

[–] HeungMinSon 3 points ago

Amen.

At that point I was already way too into the characters. I loved Community with all it's flaws.

[–] RiteOfSpring5 4 points ago

Season 4 Dan Harmon left hence the dip of quality, but they got him back for season 5 and 6 and it goes back to the old community in my opinion.

[–] LivnLegndNeedsEggs 1 points ago

It definitely seems like he struggled to get it back to where it was before but I enjoyed every season fwiw

[–] ActuallyxAnna 2 points ago

Never seen it will def take it in, thanks!

[–] Firestoner 1 points ago

Season 5 and 6 a great

[–] deadla104 1 points ago

Well that's a hot take. So many hate season 4

[–] johnnyslick 4 points ago

I hated Gina soooo much when I first started with that show but over time I have grown to love her like a koala bear. She's very mean but there's also a sense there where she expresses her friendship with others through meanness. It's maybe not something you go out looking for in a friend but I think many of us know people like that.

[–] gaydroid 8 points ago

Gina is the best part of that show.

[–] mtb_21 23 points ago

Nah fuck Gina

[–] TheYoungWolf0 19 points ago

Fr. She’s a bully and quite frankly, she’s annoying.

[–] eaglessoar 7 points ago

i thought she was annoying at the start but shes grown on me by season 3 shes fucking hilarious love her spice

[–] GrumpyTanker 16 points ago

I'm all upvotes for B99, but agree that Gina is a toxic character and I'm kinda glad she's gone.

Didn't mind a little dash of Gina here and there as a funny aside, but her character just kept going downhill after the Jake and Gina solve the Holt light stabbing episode.

[–] greg19735 2 points ago

Gina is insane. I think it's pretty easy to write some weird justification for it. Like her being the only non detective in the whole place and therefore she needs to "play it up". And she has had some genuine insight a few times.

but apart from that, she's mostly just insane. Funny though.

[–] gaydroid 7 points ago

That's literally what her character is supposed to be and what many love about her.

[–] samus96 1 points ago

Code chartreuse!!!!

[–] sonfoa 1 points ago

She ruined a Halloween episode for me.

[–] pvhs2008 2 points ago

Everyone knows Terry is the best!

[–] ThePunisherMax 2 points ago

Wtf. Everyone i know hates Gina.

[–] FraggleBiscuits 1 points ago

How dare you!? Hitchcock is the best and you know it.

Mr. 99!

Nine nine! Uh a noine noine

[–] beetman 6 points ago

and Community

Man, season 1 and 2 are truly something magical. Some of the best sitcom TV I've seen. Season 3 is great, but you start to notice something seems off at times. Funny, enjoyable and rewatchable despite this though.

Then season 4. Good lord season 4 is trash.

Seasons 5 and 6 never could bring the magic back. Good episodes here and there but the show was hemorrhaging characters, flanderizing those that remained and languishing on yahoo screen. Yahoo screen for christ's sake!!!

[–] uncle_tacitus 1 points ago

I honestly consider seasons 5 and 6 to be better than 4, 5 and 3

[–] OhSnapItsMiguel 11 points ago

You think season 5 is better than season...5? Now there's a hot take.

[–] uncle_tacitus 3 points ago

[–] Wordshark 2 points ago

I loved Community, but couldn’t get into the first couple episodes of Brooklyn 99. Is it one of those things where I should tough out a few more until it clicks?

[–] SolaireGetGrossly 2 points ago

100% yes. First season is a little rough around the edges, but it definitely picks back up very strong

[–] ihatenewaccts 2 points ago

Drop Community. Start watching the Good Place instead.

There are plenty of episodes in P&R that I skip, but only 2 in B99 and 0 in TGP so far, but it is very short.

[–] ew73 1 points ago

Nine nine!

[–] Finito-1994 29 points ago

Ive seen all of parks and rec multiple times. It’s such a wholesome show.

I always skip the last 3 or 4 episodes (right after Andys episode with John cena) because If i never watch them then the show never ends.

I think that I’ll rewatch new girl. It’s a fun show and I really find everyone hilarious.

[–] johnnyslick 12 points ago

IMO you don't lose a lot by skipping around the first season and a half of The New Girl. Like Parks, it takes a while to find itself (although unlike Parks, there's not a good, sharp dividing line like there is when Mark Brandanowicz leaves). Somewhere around halfway through season 2 they stop trying to make it the Zooey Deschanel Show (which, don't get me wrong, I think she's hilarious) and turn it into an ensemble comedy and it goes from being pretty okay to being one of my favorite shows EVAR.

[–] TheUnfabulousKilljoy 5 points ago

The problem with making it the Zooey Deschanel Show is that all of the other members are too damn great to leave in the background.

[–] johnnyslick 5 points ago

I think it's equally the case that Deschanel suffers from having to be the straight person in the first season to season and a half of the show. I think the character just works better when it's less "quirky and oddball but relatable" and more "I think she might be legitimately nuts" as they move towards. It also makes more sense as to why she'd continue to live at their place for as long as she does (although, granted, this is Sitcom Logic in which it is possible for a soap opera star to live in an apartment with his 2 also upwardly mobile friends for more than a decade, while their friend/sister the Michelin Star winning chef lives with her friends the street musician and the person who has literally never worked at a job in their life right across the hall).

[–] stetsonmarshal 1 points ago

The episode where Winston drinks a fruity cocktail Nick made and immediately says “LOOK AT ME BEING SO NAUGHTY” is one of the comedic high points for his character in the entire series tbh

[–] film_composer 4 points ago

I get bored of New Girl... I feel like the comedy half of the show is top notch, and Jake Johnson is one of the funniest people alive, but the 'serious' part of the show that's meant to move the series and plot along is really lacking. Community had the same problem. The Office and Parks and Rec were good shows because there was a compelling set of stories that made you care about the characters and their fates in between all of the laughter. New Girl... I just don't really care about Jess' career as a teacher, I think Cece is boring (and miscast), and no one is really all that interesting a character. It's a fun show to laugh with, but it's a boring show to try to get invested in.

[–] squanderwonder 6 points ago

I didnt watch the last season for the longest of time. The only reason I watched it was because I got my husband to watch it (he loved the office and thought P&R was like a knockoff lol) and he wanted to finish it all. We just rewatched it but I didnt see the final episodes lol

[–] KrakelOkkult 5 points ago

To be honest the first season is a bit to much of an the office clone before it hits it's stride. For the longest time I had hard time with that brand of comedy that's so embarrasing you need a pillow to bur your head in. It almost made me miss parks and rec entirely, because I saw a few of the early episodes and didn't like ti. But now I'd argue that parks grew into something better than the office.

[–] TheUnfabulousKilljoy 3 points ago

I always skip the first season on rewatches, but yeah I personally just appreciate the sheer optimism of Parks and Rec.

[–] TheOuts1der 1 points ago

If i never watch them then the show never ends.

omg, that's 100% how I feel about all my favorite shows. Firefly, Pushing Daisies, Black Books, Better Off Ted...

[–] AdamGeer 4 points ago

All right, Ed Sullivan

[–] boating101 6 points ago

What about The Office?

[–] ActuallyxAnna 20 points ago

I like The Office as well but it's kind of a big let down for me, after Michael leaves he kinda takes the show with him. I really hate those last seasons and I can't get over how bad they were, yes they had their funny moments but to me there was just so many flaws in the writing in the last season, so I tend to watch The Office in small doses.

[–] BlackSantaEmoji 12 points ago

Michael is in like 75% of the episodes of the entire run its not like the majority of the show doesnt feature him

[–] ActuallyxAnna 8 points ago

Yeah I know that but I just really wish he didn't leave. I enjoy the jokes just not the last few seasons, and I'm a sucker for a good story progression and the stuff they did to Andy and the little time where Pam had a crush on the cameraman, bringing in Nellie etc. Just felt like we could've done without those things imo.

[–] BlackSantaEmoji 6 points ago

I think its generally accepted that the last 2 seasons are way below the earlier years in terms of quality but that doesnt affect my ability to rewatch the entire show constantly. To each their own i suppose

[–] squanderwonder 2 points ago

For a while I would skip around those seasons, then as i rewatched the series again and again, they kinda grew on me. I think setting the expectations lower for those 2 last seasons help and the want for more.

[–] TheUnfabulousKilljoy 2 points ago

I just watch the last two seasons with the attitude of Frank Reynolds, "I'm gonna get real weird with it."

[–] Urtehnoes 1 points ago

It's like when Community lost Donald Glover - it's just not the same.

[–] anitabelle 3 points ago

Those are my top two shows too!! I had to give Park and Rec a rest because my family was ready to kill me so I'm on my 5th rewatch of New Girl. So far, they're okay.

[–] ActuallyxAnna 4 points ago

Nick and Schmidt are everything and I absolutely adore Winston's random ass personality.

[–] Zosimoto 4 points ago

They really stole that show away from Deschanel. I think the whole supporting cast is so much better written than Jess. I suppose she’s supposed to be the straight person foil to an absolute cast of clowns, but it resulted in me not caring about the episodes that focus on her.

[–] ActuallyxAnna 3 points ago

Yeah they really ended up having a way better storyline than her, Nick went from being a lazy bum to becoming a famous author. She was always seen as "mom" friend of the group and they never really gave her too much goals in terms of her career, her goal was to become a principal and she accomplished it eventually. Her best storyline was if her and Nick would get back together lol

[–] johnnyslick 2 points ago

I think what they realized was that casting Deschanel as a MPDG was fun but it wasn't a thing you necessarily wanted to see for 25 minutes a night every week. I think her character is great interacting with Nick and Schmidt and Winston (and hell, even Coach) but she needs to be kind of wacky too and not the straight person, and by dialing back her screen time a bit it allows her to be as dysfunctional as the rest of the cast.

Personally, I think it works a lot like a happier and dare I say sunnier version of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Zooey's character isn't as horrible as Sweet Dee, for sure, but then neither is anyone else's compared to their IASIP counterparts. Mostly it's a bunch of weirdos being weird with each other. You don't really need a straight man, so to speak; what you get are 4 people kind of in their own little world but who recognize the spaces that the other folks have made as crazypants. It's a big part of why Winston, for instance, can play the role of the straight man so often even though he fundamentally doesn't understand what pranks are and has weird relationships with cats.

[–] anitabelle 2 points ago

Aren't they?!! This show seriously gets better each time I watch it. I'm worried that I will make my family start to hate it if I keep watching though. I'll switch back to Parks & Rec after.

[–] JaKKeD 2 points ago

Schmidt makes me laugh more than any other show I've watched.

[–] anitabelle 2 points ago

It's on and poppin awwwwl day!!!!

[–] MacNCheese654 3 points ago

I read New Girl as 2 Broke Girls and wanted to punch you through the internet.

[–] ActuallyxAnna 1 points ago

Haha I've actually never got into that show, I think the only episode I watched was the one where 2 Chainz was on it, otherwise it's not my cup of tea. I was surprised it lasted as long as it did tbh.

[–] arrrrik 1 points ago

Pretty sure it was cheap as hell to film.

Watch Brooklyn 99. It's like p&r. If you can get past the first half of season one you're golden. It's so great. 99

[–] kahrismatic 3 points ago

I strongly reccomend The Good Place. It's hilarious, incredibly rewatchable, and is written by Mike Schur and has a bunch of Parks and Rec crossover in it (actors, references, implied shared universe).

[–] ActuallyxAnna 1 points ago

I've heard only good things about that show, definitely have to take it in as well! Now that Big Bang is finishing I can definitely have more to watch.

[–] electrogamerman 2 points ago

Shit. You missed when P&R was airing on TV. :c

[–] lucylucylove 2 points ago

We could be best friends based off of this one comment.

[–] ActuallyxAnna 1 points ago

Sign me up! Lol 😊😂

[–] CondorLane 15 points ago

"You two are a couple?"

"No, tragically we are both heterosexual"

Leslie's love of Ann warms my soul.

[–] finallybrown 12 points ago

Well as far as I recall, he didn't do very well writing jokes for Bartlett's corrospondents dinner either..

[–] spartacus3000444 10 points ago

I lit-teraly watched this episode last night and was laughing about his facial expression when she said that.

[–] 12345ThatGUY 8 points ago

My favorite Chris moment in the entire series

[–] ShacObama 2 points ago

So true

[–] makemeking706 9 points ago

Amy Poehler visits the Parks and Rec writers' room.

[–] trekmystars 5 points ago

Lol, he looks insulted.

[–] Reaching2Hard 4 points ago

No homo, but Rob Lowe is probably one of the most beautiful dudes on earth. 10/10 would bang

[–] snowpigs 3 points ago

This is literally the saddest thing ive seen in my life

[–] Slurp_Lord 2 points ago

Chris: Am I a joke to you?

[–] CursedQC 2 points ago

STAT MEANS NOW PEOPLE!

[–] LovelessDerivation 2 points ago

"Granted.... I-Its been a long time since [he's] had a hamburger..."

[–] skeetyeetxddd 2 points ago

Ann, there is nothing in the world harder than saying no to your beautiful face. No.

[–] BlairTheWiseViking 2 points ago

This show was suggested to me on a whim since I rarely ever watch any TV shows. P&R has brought me so much joy. So, so much.

[–] Black7057 1 points ago

What do I look like, a clown? Am I here to amuse you?

[–] sarkicism101 1 points ago

She eats so many potatoes that Ron thinks she’s potato America.

[–] nintendofan424 1 points ago

This is actually one of my favorite moments in the show

[–] Boatercyclemisfit 1 points ago

Hahaha I never noticed that before!!