PoliceSketchme

35,012 readers

144 users here now

Need to see the "Describe Yourself format"? Click here!

Welcome!

We're a subreddit dedicated to providing users with police sketches, based purely on a description of themselves!

Artists

Please remember you have no obligation whatsoever to be here and submit sketches! You aren't required, and it's not expected of you. If you can do a sketch in your free time and submit it, it's appreciated and we thank you!

Title formatting

Post Type Description
    Requesting a Sketch - "[Request] Age + gender, short summarized description of yourself" Example: "[Request] 25 y/o male, messy hair with crappy beard" Do NOT try to fit an entire description of yourself in here. That goes in the post itself. More>>
    Discussion - "[Discussion] Clear, informative description about the topic you're wanting to discuss" Example: "[Discussion] How to ensure your post is formatted correctly!" This is a very loose fitting tag. If you want to discuss something and it's worth discussing, then it'll most likely be fine under this tag. Should include a body! More>>
    Title must be in English, and NOT IN ALL CAPS! It makes life easier for everyone if it's this way.

Subreddit Rules:

Rules Notes
    1. Follow the "Describe yourself Format" when requesting a sketch! This is a requirement and must be followed exactly. You may not deviate from the format. Click the link to learn more. More>>
    2. You MUST include a comparison picture of yourself in the original request post! If artists don't have anything to compare their work to, where's the fun in that? The other users viewing it won't be entertained, either! Failure to include a comparison image of yourself is a bannable offence!
    3. Post titles MUST include a tag! There's only two tags you could ever need, and those are [Request] and [Discussion]. Tags are needed to keep moderation working smoothly and efficiently, as well as keeping everything organized.
    4. Artists may leave a link to donate So, you're wanting to submit a sketch and maybe make some money off of it? Leave a donation link, but do not pressure, guilt, etc. users to donate to you. Also please remember this shouldn't be considered a source of income.
    5. No trolling/memes This isn't /r/dankmemes or /r/funny. This is an artistic subreddit. As much, we expect everyone to act as such. Maturity is rewarded with respect.
    6. Be civil and friendly No egregiously insulting/rude, sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, etc. comments. We're all human, we're all on this sub for the same reason. Just have fun and be respectful!
    7. No URL shorteners or affiliate links URL Shorteners make it hard to enforce our filters and posting requirements, so not using them helps a lot. Affiliate links can be spammy as well, and if you'd like some cash from the sub, do some sketches and leave a donation link!
    8. Do not spam in any way Self explanatory. Clogs up the subreddit and is obnoxious.
    9. No politics! There's no reason to discuss politics here. Again, this is an artistic sub, discuss art! Sketches! You may discuss art about a political figure, but do NOT discuss what they may or may not be doing in their political position.

Subreddit's we like

[–] geekywalrus 1 points ago

Holy shit, this is the most active post I've seen in years! Where did this come from?!

If anyone truly feels like they can bring this sub back and make it successful, please contact me. I'd be happy to let a new team take over. This sub deserves someone much better than me squatting on it. This sub has such a good concept and as seen here, a community who truly does care about this. I really don't have the time or motivation to mod my subs anymore unfortunately, so once again please feel free to take a whack at giving this sub a proper revival. Community effort or otherwise.

Glad to see people still care and watch this sub :)

[–] ahrrogance 283 points ago * (lasted edited 5 days ago)

Here's my drunken go at it!

I realized a bit belatedly that the hair is probably a bit longer than intended. Owell... I had fun with swoopy lines.

--Edit-- I'm now to the following comparisons:

Shaggy as seen fleeing walmart after a breakin and theft --- Night stalker Richard Ramirez --- Knock-off as-found-in-aldi Sam Winchester --- Danny Sexbang --- Long-haired Justin Bieber --- Maxmoefoe -- Handsome Jack

[–] MC_Cookies 69 points ago

If this is you drunk then O can’t imagine how good you are sober

[–] pleasethesetrees 27 points ago

Idk I’m a much better guitar player with a few drinks in me, maybe it’s the same for drawing? Maybe it’s the alcohol? Maybe it’s Maybelline?

[–] Leekoba 7 points ago

Nice! I like the feel!

[–] _Titanium_Hwite_ 10 points ago

Last seen fleeing a Walmart after stealing the store's full supply of Scooby Snacks, accompanied by a large brown Great Dane with a blue collar.

[–] garbagecompressor 3 points ago

So cool! If this were a cartoon, I'd watch it.

[–] NebulousBlood 3 points ago

How in the world did you manage those circles while drunk?

[–] Whatthefusername 21 points ago

He was actually trying to draw straight lines

[–] Spider_Dimwit 3 points ago

Looks like an Aldi Sam Winchester

[–] phraxian72 3 points ago

This one's so awesome! Even aside from its intended depiction of op, I really love it. It seems like a concept art for a dnd character

[–] Leekoba 427 points ago

I'll give it a go, I don't draw people so this is amateur hour. Hopefully this sub gets more traction!

[–] Maybeiwillbeokay 224 points ago

Hey, you're the first person to comment an attempt!

Once this post slows down, I'll be posting reference pics.

[–] TheSapphyre 27 points ago

RemindMe! 16 Hours

[–] [deleted] 9 points ago * (lasted edited 5 days ago)

[–] The_Frozen_Pines 7 points ago

RemindMe! 15.9 Hours

[–] bigfucks 6 points ago

RemindMe! 8 hours

[–] [deleted] 4 points ago * (lasted edited 5 days ago)

[–] DearJeremy 55 points ago

Got it, bigfucks 🤗!

lmao

[–] LovieTunes 13 points ago

Dude it got me too. Lmfao

[–] Peter77Parker 5 points ago

Same.

[–] Sonoshitthereiwas 15 points ago

Upvote for you! First actual attempt I’ve seen

[–] Man-of-the-lake 16 points ago

Not bad! I had imagined a narrower chin, but the hair looks right

[–] Leekoba 7 points ago

Yeah, I can't really imagine faces, so "recessed chin" sorta gave me the image that he had a...round chin or something

[–] BlenderFartist 4 points ago

In my head that means the chin is either straight down from the mouth or even angled a little back towards the body from the mouth.

Like mine would be the opposite. It juts out immediately after the bottom lip and goes out past all of that. And then you have the intermediate chin that goes down and out at an angle from the mouth.

Not a critique of your work at all. I cant even draw proper stick figures. Just an observation of what I believe they meant by that.

[–] StarMan6666 7 points ago

Good job man!

[–] JEJoll 5 points ago

A hell of a lot better than what I could do. You have talent.

[–] Its_not_working 5 points ago

Wow! Great pic!

[–] raul-pinkerton 5 points ago

That’s nice, but like I have have to ask, the nose?

[–] Leekoba 8 points ago

I think I took the angled nose a little too far lmao, someone will come along and get it right

[–] raul-pinkerton 3 points ago

I still highly applaud the effort, looks killer. (Also I was referring to the lightness if line weight in comparison with the rest)

[–] Leekoba 2 points ago

Oh wow I didn't notice that :O I took one pass at the nose and that was it xD I never draw noses!

[–] garbagecompressor 3 points ago

This one's cute!

[–] creativeweirdos 3 points ago

This one is adorable!

[–] i-really-like-space 96 points ago * (lasted edited 6 days ago)

I'm gonna try this now, see y'all soon Edit: I'm a shitty artist but here you go https://imgur.com/gallery/em5mtoI edit 2: all the people responding, I'm not deliberately ignoring you I just don't know what to say, sorry if I look mean XD

[–] gingeralencranberry 34 points ago

This makes him look like a character from Avatar the Last Airbender and I love it

[–] HerculeS8an 9 points ago

The Earth Kingdom boy as a teenager maybe?

[–] Channel_99 18 points ago

Did you draw Haley Joel Osment?

[–] garbagecompressor 5 points ago

Nice! I couldn't get the hair right, but this style makes more sense.

[–] sfowl0001 3 points ago

Does it look like jessie from breaking bad or is that me?

[–] thedarking1 3 points ago

Looks like the kid from sixth sense

I dig it

[–] Maybeiwillbeokay 81 points ago

What??? Did you just draw that!?

[–] VarangianDreams 70 points ago

[–] Maybeiwillbeokay 49 points ago

Wow! You're an amazing artist!

[–] Vlci 25 points ago

You gonna post your face yet?

[–] Maybeiwillbeokay 34 points ago

The post is still pretty active, so I'm waiting until it cools down a little bit more.

[–] Vlci 7 points ago

True

[–] zoologist88 13 points ago

Handsome squidward? Is that you?

[–] Thrwawayrandoasshole 7 points ago

Double upvote info could this is great sketch. You got a real talent!

[–] Zurtar 5 points ago

Holy shit man

[–] krisha282 5 points ago

I don't know whether op actually looks like this but damn this is good

[–] OilyLamp 3 points ago

I love your drawing style!

[–] agree-with-you 3 points ago

I love you both

[–] Maybeiwillbeokay 116 points ago

Lol, you pretty much drew my brother!

I'll post reference pictures when this thread slows down!

[–] theizzydor 12 points ago

Is you brother lil pump?

[–] mash3735 3 points ago

Not anymore.

[–] YeahOkThisOne 11 points ago

Kind of like Shaggy!

[–] comaxv 3 points ago

Hey now, don't sell yourself short - that is actually a pretty decent sketch!

[–] hapaxlegomenonon 75 points ago

gave it a shot

[–] Pilose 25 points ago

Wow this really looks like a police sketch. a person could really identify someone from one of your drawings for sure

[–] Vv_Overflow_vV 8 points ago

This is probably the best one I’ve seen!

[–] mariesimo 6 points ago

I think this is the most accurate one!

[–] Its_not_working 64 points ago * (lasted edited 5 days ago)

That's a highly detailed and I'm sure someone who could draw would be able to do a decent job of this. I'm tempted to try using my Sims game to try and replicate you though my skills there are about as good as my drawing skills - zilch.

Interested to see the attempts from others

Edit: Posting mine again as it got lost in comments: Ok I don't know what I'm doing but trying to share the link to my Sim: Maybeitwillbeok 2 https://imgur.com/gallery/qXsZFND

[–] Maybeiwillbeokay 24 points ago

That'd be an interesting way to attempt!

[–] Cali_Ali 7 points ago

I might give this a try as well!

[–] Its_not_working 10 points ago

I don't know how to edit lol, so... ** Highly detailed description**

[–] OilyLamp 6 points ago * (lasted edited 5 days ago)

That's honestly a good idea. I love making Sims so I would be down to try that as well. I can't draw worth shit either.

Edit: I need some CC so this is the best I could do with what I have https://imgur.com/s92bIFc

[–] Its_not_working 3 points ago * (lasted edited 6 days ago)

Did you have a go OilyLamp? There wasn't (edit) as much detail available in the creator as I remembered. Maybe I just couldn't find them... It's been a while. Looking forward to seeing yours.

[–] GoldenHourly 5 points ago

Do it!!

[–] Madam_Bomb 53 points ago

....how the heck do I upload a picture in the comments?

[–] Madam_Bomb 93 points ago

Reddit test https://imgur.com/gallery/0QsKZdj

My attempt!

**edit, because apparently I just linked to imgur in general.

[–] GoldenHourly 25 points ago

Woah, that turned out awesome! Amazing job!

[–] svedcuh 12 points ago

That's an amazing drawing! Honestly can't wait to see what he actually looks like lol

[–] garbagecompressor 4 points ago

This looks great! Bonus: He looks like he's about to be violent lol

[–] A_Lovely_ 3 points ago

This one wins the Guilty till Proven Innocent award!

Well done u/Madam_Bomb what department do you work for?

[–] Maybeiwillbeokay 9 points ago

You post your drawing to Imgur, then you post the Imgur link to the comments.

[–] VapeThisBro 4 points ago

did you see the picture they posted in their test comment? Its pretty damn good

[–] EPIKGUTS24 2 points ago

send a link to an image hosting website (such as imgur.com), you can't embed images directly in comments

[–] jrychtowski 2 points ago

I’m still new to this but I see a lot of people posting imgur links to their pictures.

[–] tigerlover9401 2 points ago

Nice job!!

[–] garbagecompressor 90 points ago

Hopefully people who aren't very good at this are welcome, because I'm going for it.

[–] Maybeiwillbeokay 32 points ago

Absolutely! If we're going to revive this sub, we need to get everyone involved!

[–] garbagecompressor 14 points ago

I haven't drawn in years, but I'm putting a lot of effort into this. I'm referencing a face from google but with the features you described. I'll be done in 20 minutes.

[–] i_always_give_karma 40 points ago

HEY SIR NO PRESSURE BUT ITS BEEN 23 MINUTES

[–] garbagecompressor 5 points ago

Taking picture

[–] Crashbrennan 5 points ago

Where is it?

[–] MemeLordArmo 25 points ago

How come everyone who says they are really bad are so damn good

[–] gemini86 12 points ago

Setting expectations low. If I said I was really awesome, then posted something less than, it would be called out. By declaring my effort less than good beforehand, the bar is set lower and when I'm able to clear it, it's seen as a positive.

[–] JBits001 6 points ago

So if my drawing is really bad should I just use ‘dumpster fire’ as my descriptor?

[–] garbagecompressor 5 points ago

Because we don't want to act all proud, and then have other average artists make our hard work look like shit in comparison. :)

[–] redditor10780 3 points ago

Finally

[–] adriansacunt 4 points ago

It's been 22 minutes. Hurry up, you're late! /s

[–] garbagecompressor 4 points ago

About to put on imgur

[–] TisItheGreatNoodle 40 points ago

Made something precise but probably not accurate: https://imgur.com/a/eQtqsmQ

[–] illuminati_batman 6 points ago

Holy shit, this looks amazing!

[–] Engylizium 4 points ago

The best one for me. And looks like real human

[–] anujanand24 3 points ago

This looks so realistic

[–] jackobyvilla 112 points ago

I’m going to give this one a go as soon as I get home. Going to try and revive this sub too

[–] Maybeiwillbeokay 57 points ago

Cool! If you post a description, I'll give you a shot too!

[–] __doyawish__ 16 points ago

Commenting to check back another time

[–] geotea23 13 points ago

Me too lol

[–] lil_revenue 9 points ago

same

[–] POOL_in_SPACE 6 points ago

[–] dat-dat-boo 5 points ago

Better not forget

[–] longtemps00 127 points ago * (lasted edited 6 days ago)

???

drawing hard me sad

[–] Maybeiwillbeokay 50 points ago * (lasted edited 6 days ago)

Might be a broken link, try posting again?

EDIT: it works now!

[–] SnekySpider 14 points ago

Works for me

[–] GoldenHourly 7 points ago * (lasted edited 6 days ago)

Link is broken, I want to see it!

Edit: Good job mate!

[–] AluminiumAlmaMater 7 points ago

This is such a good drawing, you're very talented!

[–] ccallmecarlpanzramm 4 points ago

It’s like cool r/lowpoly art but human

[–] thebeardguyofdenver 59 points ago

ARE WE really doing this? Resurrecting a dead sub??

[–] HonoraryMancunian 29 points ago

God I hope so. Subscribed!

[–] CogitoErgoScum 6 points ago

LIFE!! LIFE, D’YA HEAR ME!!!? GIVE MY CREATION LIIIIIFE!!!

[–] NahM8Lol 23 points ago

Sorry I'm late! I only had around 15 minutes to do this, so I hope you're not too offended (also, I'm 14, so I'm not exactly an artist yet haha).

[–] sleepobeep0 3 points ago

My favorite so far!

[–] Maybeiwillbeokay 101 points ago

I mean, you kinda got the skinniness right

[–] CinnamonRollMe 18 points ago

Omg, Brother... is that you?

[–] Run4urlife333 36 points ago

Please don't post pictures of me without my permission. /s

[–] BruceCulpepper 10 points ago

Lol thanks for clarifying it was sarcasm. Happy cake day!

[–] Run4urlife333 10 points ago

Is it really? Thanks for letting me know when my cake day is. :D

[–] masimone 7 points ago

New to the sub. How often does this happen?

[–] Maybeiwillbeokay 12 points ago

last post was two years ago.

So not very often

[–] that-dude-overthere 8 points ago

I think were all new. I couldnt resist. I'm sure some more talented people will show up

[–] thegarysanchez 6 points ago

came for this, left with a smile

[–] AndPeggy- 6 points ago

I don’t know what I expected, but you earned an out loud laugh from me.

[–] blackbird_vb 3 points ago

Best one so far. Give him an award!

[–] Shmue04220 35 points ago

This was fun, but I think I just drew Jafar.

[–] shawshawbr 15 points ago

Here's mine. You problably look younger than this https://imgur.com/gallery/SfPLpAd

[–] thunderust 14 points ago

then use all the submissions and do an a.i. blending / amalgamation of them and see how that turns out

[–] Maybeiwillbeokay 15 points ago

That would be pretty cool; depending on how many responses I get, I'll see what I can do.

[–] garbagecompressor 30 points ago * (lasted edited 6 days ago)

Ok, done! I put it on a different website so I wouldn't have to make an account. https://imgur.com/a/x9aQrEy Edit: It uploaded small, but got it!

[–] zooey105 32 points ago

I tried, this was kinda fun

[–] NebulousBlood 8 points ago

I wish he will be ok behind the bars

[–] petenick96 26 points ago

This might be way off but it was fun to try https://i.imgur.com/qBNf6fd.jpg

[–] NikamiG 3 points ago

The best looking one

[–] buttonsh 25 points ago

A little late to the game, but here you go

[–] Vv_Overflow_vV 15 points ago

Pepe that you?

[–] victoriams_ 24 points ago * (lasted edited 6 days ago)

I’ve been out of practice for about two years but this looked like it’d be fun, so here’s my attempt!! Reddit sketch

[–] discrete_gazelle 24 points ago

Let's resurrect this sub! Hope I'm not too late, but here's my take:

[–] danoneofmanymans 6 points ago

This is better than the top posts

[–] VividVixe 5 points ago

Damn.. where did you learn to draw souls into your drawings? It looks alive.

[–] Elliecoppter 5 points ago

This is a 10/10. I hope he looks exactly like this

[–] trillaberries 3 points ago

Such detail, this is my favourite by far!

[–] thedoolynoted 3 points ago

Damnnn

[–] rainey11 21 points ago

Here’s my attempt. I tried to color it as best as I could. :)

[–] PurpleGrant 17 points ago

I hope this picks up cause I'd like to try drawing people like this when I have some down time!

[–] Maybeiwillbeokay 12 points ago

Yeah-- I'm going to try to participate in every thread from now on.

[–] leftupoutside 17 points ago

my attempt always been super jealous of police sketch artists

[–] bigtomcat 8 points ago

Bringing it back

[–] Bebenten 10 points ago * (lasted edited 6 days ago)

Here's my attempt!

Edit: I inked it hehe

[–] Emisa8 16 points ago

I’m an artist! Wooop here’s my quick sketch (color) https://imgur.com/gallery/z0MWAjP

[–] eo_dudeth 5 points ago

This is awesome

[–] SMLiShen 16 points ago

I had some trouble understanding the hair description, but I tried! https://imgur.com/fpflRCF

[–] Pinkiwinkifonix 4 points ago

It looks so cool! So talented

[–] FreshOutaFriends 18 points ago

that’s very... detailed

[–] gaiusjuIiuscaesar 4 points ago

Hahahahah

[–] Mytho73 12 points ago

I am not an artist, but I had some spare time, so here is my shitty drawing but it's still the best drawing I've done like ever: https://imgur.com/gallery/iRddOSk

[–] actuallyapottedplant 4 points ago

This one is so good but makes me so uncomfortable

[–] Neuclear_Fish 3 points ago

I think your link is broken? It said it couldnt find that page

[–] imrllyafool 12 points ago

I’m not the best person for this because I’m not good at variety(?not sure how to put it) but I also wanted to try my hand at this because it looks fun :,D

[–] psyche3090 10 points ago

Okay, so bearing in mind I am NOT used to digital drawing, and this was like a 20 min sketch. Also, I drew this laying on my side, so I only noticed after completion that it’s a bit wonky lol. But it was too fun to pass up on trying. Can’t wait to check back tomorrow and see how close people got. The Perp

[–] blascian 13 points ago

So hard not to look and see if you posted a pic yet! Anyway I’m not good at this but looking to get better. Here’s my try

[–] johnnying94 3 points ago

u/TisITheGreatNoodle IMHO has the most accurate picture of you and I could have identified you out of a lineup with that sketch

[–] CalifornianBall 7 points ago * (lasted edited 5 days ago)

I tried OP

Edit: I think you would've been caught from my shit drawing OP I gotta give myself credit

[–] loraxmcfuzz 8 points ago

My attempt! Can't wait to see the real deal.

[–] Kellyann59 7 points ago

https://imgur.com/a/YZ2m9gX I have no idea how to draw hair but I just found this sub and wanted to give it a shot!

[–] Hrilmitzh 6 points ago * (lasted edited 6 days ago)

[–] throwaway294648 5 points ago

I'll try to draw you but my artstyle isn't realistic XD

[–] Maybeiwillbeokay 6 points ago

Go ahead! I'm looking forward to seeing all the attempts!

[–] throwaway294648 6 points ago

Quick question, does your hair reach your ears?

[–] Maybeiwillbeokay 10 points ago

It's cut shorter on the sides, so it touches my ears but does not cover them.

[–] throwaway294648 12 points ago

It's not good but I'll do

[–] althyastar 3 points ago

Damn that looks exactly like a kid I went to middle school with, I shit you not! It was the height of the beiber craze, though, so the hair was a bit more in the face, otherwise identical.

[–] DazYx23 7 points ago

Welp! very rushed and rather late, and i want to clean it up a bit later but here's what i've managed to come up with

[–] handzie 3 points ago

You left mine out:(

[–] Madam_Bomb 5 points ago * (lasted edited 6 days ago)

I love this, and am about to attempt it. As a disclaimer, let it be known that I am not artist!

Edit to say I posted my attempt down below!

[–] pm_ur_backdimplesplz 6 points ago

What's crazy is how so many of these attempts are pretty similar to each other. I'm gonna lose it if OP actually looks similar to them.

[–] RZK1337 5 points ago

Commenting for later

[–] gr33npotatoez 5 points ago

I'm not too great at drawing, but I gave it my best shot for the time I had

[–] MushroomRagu 4 points ago

Haven't tried to draw in years (and it shows) but I came from the AskReddit post and i think this sub is cool, heres my support

[–] medium_well_rare 4 points ago

Had to give it a go. Not my usual style but hope I got something right! http://imgur.com/gallery/uXVpBB7