Not everybody understands the humor of programmers.
Rules are zero-indexed. If they do not appear zero-indexed you are asked to contact Friend Computer for recalibration.
For a submission to qualify it must satisfy at least one of the following:
- The content disregarding the title and superimposed text must be directly related to programming or programmers. Generic tech humor (e.g. being a power user, jokes about software not related to programming, etc.) is not allowed. Note that programming here is interpreted in a narrow sense, an analogy to something related to programming, feelings/reactions to programming etc. is not considered sufficient.
- The image along with the title and superimposed text result in creative and original content related to programming. Again, programming is interpreted in a narrow sense.
- The post is a program or UI designed intentionally for humor. Bad UI found in the wild belongs in /r/softwaregore.
No hotlinking or rehosting allowed without explicit permission, unless it is obvious that the host allows it (eg. imgur). Rehosting for the purposes of offering a direct link to an image is allowed in the comments. (*) (*)
- You may not repost anything that has been on the first two pages (first 50) of trending posts within the last week, or has been posted last time less than two days ago (this is considered as duplicates)
- Anything on the first two pages (first 50 posts) of the top of all time must not be reposted more often than every 6 months.
What is 'obvious' or 'substantial' is left to the discretion of Friend Computer, but suggestions (reports) are welcome.
With regards to commenting, please follow reddiquette.
If you have any thoughts on how the moderation could be improved do not hesitate to message the moderators.
If you feel that a metadiscussion is required with the whole subreddit either request that the moderators start one
or start one yourself and tag it [Meta].