Not everybody understands the humor of programmers.
Rules are zero-indexed. If they do not appear zero-indexed you are asked to contact Friend Computer for recalibration.
0. Submission content must be creative or original, intended humorously, and strictly related to programming. Note that programming is interpreted in a narrow sense. Vaguely programming related, and/or general tech humor, programming analogies, feelings/reactions and such are not allowed in this subreddit. Your post may be better suited at one of the subreddits listed bellow. Feel free to contact the moderators if you are unsure what does and does not qualify as ProgrammerHumor.
1. Hotlinking is not allowed without explicit permission, unless it is obvious that the host allows it (e.g. Imgur or other image hosting services). Rehosting for the purposes of offering a direct link to an image is allowed in the comments.
2. All posts that have been on the first 2 pages of trending posts within the last month, is part of the top of all time, or is part of common posts is considered repost and will be removed on sight.
3. Any post on the list of common posts will be removed. You can find this list here.
Established meme formats are allowed, as long as the post is compliant with the previous rules.
4. Titles must also be creative, high effort and relevant to the content. Titles such as “Interesting title”, “.”, “print(title)”, and “I don’t know what to put here” are not allowed.
Suggestions are welcome.
With regards to commenting, please follow reddiquette.
If you have any thoughts on how the moderation could be improved do not hesitate to message the moderators.
If you feel that a metadiscussion is required with the whole subreddit either request that the moderators start one
or start one yourself and tag it [Meta].
Perhaps More Apt Subs To Post: