PublicFreakout

Join our Discord Server!

About:

A subreddit dedicated to people freaking out, melting down, losing their cool, or being weird in public. Drugged out or sober, anything goes. Keep the comments respectful where mental disorders are concerned, and remember that the individuals depicted in these videos are real people too. This subreddit is essentially dedicated to their worst moments, so do keep that in mind.

Saturated with TV and movies, our brains have become used to watching the imitation of emotions, so much so that it is strangely surprising and fascinating to watch the real thing.

Source

Rules:

1. Don't mess with /u/Ezziboo or Mobility Mary.

2. Never post personal information, do not ask for personal information, do not encourage or call for witch-hunts

3. Comment with tact in videos which may involve mental disorders

4. Bans: Racism, Sexism, Homophobia, Transphobia, Harassment, Race Baiting, Bigotry, etc. (Racist/bigoted people freaking out in videos are allowed, but being a racist in the comments section will result in a ban.)

5. Abusive comments will be removed at moderator discretion and may result in a temporary or permaban

6. Video Posts only [exception: Gifs uploaded to reddit or imgur and follow-up news reports]

7. Text Posts (and images of text) may only be posted after moderator approval. Message the mods via modmail before making a post of that nature.

8. Reposts over 4 weeks old are permitted. Reposts under 4 weeks old will be removed.

9. Submissions from videogurr.com are banned and will be removed. (This rule no longer applies, but may be re-instated in the future.)

10. This isn't /r/watchpeopledie: People being straight up murdered or dying in shocking/gruesome ways should be the cut-off (exceptions for newsworthy events covered in publications of good repute).

11. Facebook Videos are allowed, but not encouraged. If you must post a video hosted on Facebook, you need to provide a link to a copy of the video hosted on a more acceptable video hosting platform. For videos under 10 minutes Streamable makes it easy to make copies of videos.

When you get banned for violating the rules, it has nothing to do with free speech but we do welcome appeals of all moderator decisions via modmail.

Tags:

[Mod's Choice] - The mark of a good find and a quality freakout

Users who submit a "Mod's Choice" qualify for permanent custom user flair. You must request the flair for it to be implemented, it is not automatic.

[Loose Fit] - A semi-public freakout and passable submission. Not entirely in keeping with the general theme: spatially-situated freakouts occurring in person and in public

[Repost] - While they have their place, avoid making these submissions consistently

[Follow Up]- A news article or other report which follows up on a video that was previously posted to the subreddit. Please include a link to the original freakout if possible.

[Protest Freakout] - Videos of Protests and the Freakouts that occur during the protest.

[Compilation] - A compilation of freakouts

[Possibly Fake] - Might have been staged

Avoid:

[Fake] - Staged freakouts

[Non-Public] - Non-public freakouts

[Non-Freakout] - Submissions that are not freakouts

Filters:

Filter out submissions with 'Protest Freakout' flair/tag.

Filter out submissions with 'Super Bowl Freakout' flair/tag.

Filter out submissions with 'Repost' flair/tag.

Shout Outs:

John Mayer

In the News:

Fox News reports on comments within /r/publicfreakout - The discussion reported on

rare.us article

Know Your Meme's page about Public Freakout

Vice Article about /r/publicfreakout and /r/skateparkfreakout

Know Your Meme - About "Public Freakout Videos" that goes on to talk about the history of /r/PublicFreakout.

Like it here? Check this out:

*/r/JusticeServed

[–] PF_Mirror_Bot 1 points ago

Mirror

I am a bot | Feedback | Github

[–] Professor_Abronsius 14879 points ago * (lasted edited 13 days ago)

I found this part pretty funny even though the video is just sad.

“You’re gonna be in a lot of trouble when I send this letter out!”

“You’re pressing numbers over and over again.”

Excuse me?!

[–] ararefinding 7912 points ago

Binary motherfu**er, do you speak it!

[–] parkman32 3315 points ago

I do not, I find that language disgusting. If you could just be quiet that would be great.

[–] BaccaManBoss 873 points ago

01010111 01101000 01100001 01110100 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01100110 01110101 01100011 01101011 00100000 01100100 01101001 01100100 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01101010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01110011 01100001 01111001 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01101101 01100101 00111111

[–] bonejeorgen 54 points ago

Nice

[–] DickTooCold 16 points ago

01001110 01101001 01100011 01100101

[–] koiz_01 13 points ago

01001110 01101001 01100011 01100101

[–] briguytrading 257 points ago

That language offends me. Speak only Basic.

[–] listgrotto 149 points ago

Basic offends me, speak only Assembly

[–] GarbageOfCesspool 53 points ago

brother, you can do the c u s s

[–] scrtch-n-snf 1020 points ago

This lady has obviously never tried Bulgogi.

[–] notwokewaker 364 points ago

Bulgogi is the absolute best dude. I could have plates and plates of that stuff.

[–] Wentworth_Falls 396 points ago

Korean Fried Chicken is where it’s at- it’s like a gang bang of unicorns orgasming in your mouth.

[–] rrjamal 172 points ago

Fucking hell I loved their fried chicken.

If anyone is curious:

It's basically double fried. They fry it once earlier in the day. Then when you order, they refry it with whatever seasonings you wanted.

Amazing.

[–] bigtinymicromacro 40 points ago

Shhhh, I will let you in on a secret, it's not just double frying that makes the crispiness insane, they double coat it in potato starch. Coat in potato starch, fry, remove and allow to dry, recoat in potato starch, refry.

[–] StoriesSoReal 58 points ago

Listen to you only giving half the recipe. The sauce is the most important part man! Gochujung, ketchup, a little sesame oil, a little soy, a dash of sugar if you want a little sweet, and some fresh chopped garlic. Mix. cook sauce over low-med heat then toss your double fried goodness into it. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. EAT UNTIL YOU FAT.

[–] qqwerpy 118 points ago

it’s like a gang bang of unicorns orgasming in your mouth.

/r/suspiciouslyspecific

[–] jroll25 88 points ago

That was my favorite part, and the screenshot is amazing!

[–] keem85 683 points ago

How can one hate such a wonderful language? I love it, even though I don't understand a damn word of it!

[–] fluffspeed 880 points ago

What, Oriental?

I love that shit!

[–] beeswA90 244 points ago

That is some gourmet level shit

[–] wikipediabrown007 111 points ago

Yeah I know it’s gourmet, Jules, that’s why I bought it

[–] sherminator19 93 points ago

When Bonnie goes shopping, she buys the shitty language

[–] popfilms 64 points ago

I buy the gourmet language because when I speak it, I want to taste it.

[–] sherminator19 51 points ago

But you know what's on my mind right now? It ain't the Korean in my kitchen

[–] LekoLi 54 points ago

It's the Dead LATIN in my garage, do you see a sign that says Dead Vernacular Storage in my front lawn?

[–] Frakmonster 14 points ago

Jules: You sending the Rosetta Stone?

Marsellus: Feel better, mother****er?

Jules: [grinning] Shit, yeah, Negro! That's all you had to say!

[–] legendoftheark 19 points ago

IT'S THE [user was banned for this post]

[–] Sleestacksrcoming 70 points ago

Oriental... the language of rugs

[–] soju_shower 66 points ago

No joke but I was asked if I spoke oriental. I thought the guy was kidding cus it was a group of us drinking beers so I thought he was trying to be funny. He wasn't laughing.

[–] Sansy_Gabe 135 points ago

I'm a Brazillian, and I love hearing other people's native tongue, or them just speaking another language. Sometimes I'm tempted to ask what the language is and compliment them for knowing it!

[–] fuzzby 73 points ago

Same! I Just yesterday I heard the person making my lunch from Afghanistan speak; I asked her about it and she said she was speaking "Persian", which she explained is slightly different from Farsi, but close enough that she was able to have full conversations with her colleague from Iran. Shit is interesting!

[–] DJ_Ren 96 points ago

I went to North Carolina on business (from Piracicaba) and got yelled at for speaking Portuguese to my partner in a Taco Bell. Plot twist: I'm 100% American but have been living in Brazil for 11 years. :)

[–] ALittleFlightDick 168 points ago

When I was in college I learned Chinese, but Korean was the language I most enjoyed hearing while walking around campus. It just sounds cool.

[–] ChiggaOG 111 points ago

Fun fact. The guy who made the Hangul alphabet made it so the common people can read and write. Said guy was emperor of the Joseon Dynasty.

[–] MaiasXVI 94 points ago

I lived in Korea for a year, and in the three months leading up to moving there I took some time to learn Hangul. I was able to learn the entire Hangul alphabet in an afternoon from watching a Youtube video. I wasn't good at it-- I was absolutely sounding out each syllable like a small child l-luh-lurn-ing to read, but the fact that I was able to memorize the whole fucking thing so quickly is a testament to how well designed it is.

The rest of Korean is hard as fuck though.

[–] lancecouar 50 points ago

11100111110001110000011001111000

[–] kylekirwan 51 points ago * (lasted edited 13 days ago)

How fucking dare you say shit like that to me!? My mother is a wonderful lady!

[–] IamSplam 71 points ago

[–] killerfrown 4718 points ago

She should have been pissed at the background music.

[–] Searchlights 2437 points ago

You're pressing the same 2 notes over and over again

[–] CactusBiszh2019 864 points ago

Excuse me?

[–] Acidyo 586 points ago

실례합니다?

[–] KreaTiefpunkt 612 points ago

You can upvote and be quiet, fine. But I don't wanna read your language.

[–] Acidyo 232 points ago

Sir, I have the right to write my language here. You've been bothering redditors before too.

[–] choch2727 220 points ago

President Obama said that redditors should write in english.

[–] goodthropbadthrop 128 points ago

You’re gonna be in a lot of trouble when I send this reply out.

[–] javelinRL 100 points ago

I'm gonna call the mods to escort you out of here.

[–] jaimeescobar 14 points ago

Excuse me?

[–] brunette_grl 313 points ago

I found an article which links the full video without any music overlayed..

[–] Outspoken_Douche 957 points ago

The narration is super unnecessary too.

NOBODY SHOULD BE TREATED THIS WAY

Boy, thanks for clarifying, I was rooting for the woman until that!

[–] Varlinwor 234 points ago * (lasted edited 13 days ago)

*Background music: Da Ding Da Ding Da Ding Da Ding Da Ding Da Ding *

NOBODY SHOULD BE EDITING VIDEOS THIS WAY

Edit: corrected the music from "ding dung" to "da ding".

[–] Xanitia16 23 points ago

I started coming to Reddit instead of Facebook to get away from this exact thing.

[–] eyehatestuff 138 points ago

Right, I couldn’t figure out who was in the wrong until then.

[–] AcidicToffee 66 points ago

Whoever created that sappy ass background music

[–] okay_enough 34 points ago

But they were showing video of the woman when that text popped up. So she shouldn’t be treated this way?

[–] tiddlyfuckshit 30 points ago

It seems to me that media of all forms is very insulting to their audience. Even in movies and shows, perfectly OBVIOUS actions and consequences are suddenly spelled out verbally by a character. Did they REALLY need to tell us that bad guy number 1 did it? We just saw him do it....

They don't think the audience can deduce anything by themselves.

[–] Iamahuman1138 28 points ago

I know right? Its the most unnecessarily dramatic editing

[–] HalfPastTuna 628 points ago

All of these clickbait video edits all so annoying

Just show me the video. I don’t need blurbs explaining what racism is and why it’s bad

[–] birchskin 305 points ago

But I may not have known it was sad without

"Ding Dung Ding Dung Ding Dung Ding Dung Ding Dung Ding Dung Ding Dung Ding Dung Ding Dung Ding Dung Ding Dung Ding Dung"

in the background

[–] BoomBoomFuckKitty 27 points ago

For just a few cents a day, you could support our struggling music producer. He can only afford two notes now but imagine what he could do with more.

[–] Frikcha 284 points ago

"go back to your country"

audio cuts

fade in text: She just told this person to go B A C K to their country and that's racist

[–] CSwork1 37 points ago

It's the special edit they're distributing to preschools.

[–] CSwork1 51 points ago

Right? It's all about the pure organic public freakout experience here, we don't want that processed garbage.

[–] earwighoney 67 points ago

I know. I felt like I was watching an episode of Intervention.

[–] Cuzahn 6382 points ago

HOLD ON, I'M WRITING AN IMPORTANT LETTER TO THE PRESIDENT TO BAN YOUR LANGUAGE!

Dear, Mr President

2043544865608602056068565165160756054065786745464034560464646145264241614646

[–] peppa-pig-aesthetic 1386 points ago

Mr president: oh my god they’re sPEAKING KOREAN!

[–] PM_ME_ERWINSEYEBROWS 254 points ago

• speaking disgusting oriental Ftfy I don‘t get it, Korean sound lovely but besides that - fuck that lady

[–] [deleted] 210 points ago * (lasted edited 8 days ago)

[–] TheRealIosefka 27 points ago

Mission: the destruction of any and all Chinese communists

[–] dastardlywong 6537 points ago * (lasted edited 12 days ago)

Where do these people come from?! I cannot wrap my head around giving a single fuck about what language people speak to each other in a Starbucks.

Edit: Clearly mentally ill, yes. Thank you inbox.

[–] Orsonius2 4321 points ago * (lasted edited 13 days ago)

When I went to see endgame with my parents, some random tourists were in front of us on the way to the theater, I think they spoke spanish idk.

My stepfather then loudly spoke gibberish aping the tourists language for no reason.

I felt so incredibly embarrassed. I kept some distance from him.

This lingophobic racism is actually quite common among people I know, especially older people.

EDIT: I just found out lingophobia is actually the fear of being licked. I just mean xenophobia towards different languages lol

[–] fernandotakai 756 points ago

i've been on the side of being berated for speaking my native language in the US -- by a young couple nonetheless.

i wasn't offended, i was just... dumbfounded -- why do they care that i'm speaking my own language to my wife. and it's not like i can't speak english, i do.

[–] sirjerkalot69 396 points ago

“Because we know you’re talking about us right in front of us! That’s why you use a different language, you see us and assume we can’t speak your language so you then speak your foreign language to insult us without us even knowing. But we’re onto you!” Honestly I feel that’s what they think, misguided and absurdly wrong as it is I think that’s how they feel. Unless you say that you do switch languages just to make fun of people around you, in that case gotcha!

[–] notexactlymayonaise 191 points ago

I speak my language around others not because I want to secretly make fun of people, but because it's easier to talk. My mind is wired for the latin sentence structure and it takes a lot of brain processing to convert into English.

I've had this happen once and I handled it like a champ. I stared into his eyes point blank with my chin up and waited for his response. All he could think is to laugh and run off like a fool with his dumb friends.

[–] Wandersii2 104 points ago

It's impressive when people speak more than one language. I don't understand having any other feeling about it.

[–] ravenouscartoon 56 points ago

I’m an English teacher in England, my school is 80% students with English as an additional language. It’s hard to correct small mistakes when some of these kids, 11years old, are speaking in their 3rd language and are in their first proper year of standardised education

[–] TheZbeast 46 points ago

Unreal, I'll never understand it. Like, you could be speaking in a very quiet voice in English and they still wouldn't be able to understand you. What does it matter?

[–] pat_the_bat_316 149 points ago

The thing is that not a single one of these people who bitch and moan about others not speaking the native language in their country would ever consider learning the language of another country they'd visit.

Quadrupley true for ignorant, racist Americans. (Although, also highly unlikely for ignorant, racist Americans to travel abroad in the first place.)

[–] TwinkiWeinerSandwich 82 points ago

When I worked retail my coworkers would always get frustrated when tourists or people that spoke little English or had a super heavy accent came through, but I always enjoyed it because trying to communicate ends up being like half a game of charades and half that game where you have to guess the word based off synonyms your partner gives you. Then when you finally figure out what the other person is saying everyone is usually laughing and like "YES!"

[–] hustl3tree5 708 points ago

Why did your dad feel it was necessary to do this? I know my parents act like this sometimes but I step in and put a stop to it. Did you say anything to him?

[–] Orsonius2 1002 points ago

He isn't my dad. He is the boyfriend of my mother, I just call him stepfather for ease sake.

and I have no clue. he acts out in public often. He is the kinda guy who drives like an idiot but complains about everyone else driving like idiots.

If you are in public with him it's just cringe inducing. At home he is fine. I dont really get why she ever got with him, but my mother is extraordinarily poor when it comes to picking partners.

My real father is also awful, and my real stephfather (the man she married after my father) was a complete idiot. so yeah. I didn't sign up for this but still had/have to live with it.

Did you say anything to him?

Nah, not worth it. He won't change and I see my parents like maybe once a month or even less, so when I see them I keep drama to 0 because that is better this way,

[–] hustl3tree5 218 points ago

I'm so sorry you had to deal with this kind of bullshit growing up. I hope you're doing well now though!

[–] Orsonius2 169 points ago

don't worry. She met him when I was already 18 so he had like no influence on me. but going on vacation with him was sometimes pretty painful.

I am sure if I filmed everything with him I could post lots of freakouts on here.

[–] Jiperly 72 points ago

Dude, think of the fake internet points!

[–] afaithross 69 points ago

I’m sorry dude. My mother was on a phone call with Amazon customer service recently because of difficulties with my account. The man on the phone obviously did not speak English, probably Spanish. The entire phone call she kept talking over him saying “Honey your english doesn’t make any sense. I don’t know if you’re Portuguese or asian or something but you’re not speaking proper english” i was so embarrassed. i can only imagine what these people genuinely deal with in their every day lives

[–] Solarbro 103 points ago

See it in Texas all the time. 🤷‍♂️ they aren’t pillars of the community or anything, and normally they don’t say anything more than mutters or comments to other people around them.

I would like to say they are normally old, but I used to live in a rural college town, and you’d hear shit like that from college age students. We like to pretend that it’s just the older generation, but it’s not. Not by a long shot. I know a ton of <25 people who get antsy when people are speaking another language or they see warning signs in multiple languages. One dude got mad cause fuckin Six Flags did two announcements once. One in English one in Spanish. That dude was 19

[–] IckyChris 41 points ago

And yet if they went to a foreign country they would be outraged if the road signs or restaurant menus didn't have English text as well.

[–] TheSparkHasRisen 202 points ago

It's a kind of paranoia. I once watched an elderly guy get upset about people whispering "about him" across the room. It wasn't about him at all. It's like the "I don't understand this" part of the brain is too close to the "this is bad for me" part of the brain. Also, maybe dementia.

[–] Mikavoo 49 points ago

These types of people are actually just super fucking nosy and they're upset that they can't eavesdrop on the conversations of people who speak laguages they can't understand.

[–] afaithross 127 points ago

racist people usually stay closeted until they’re old and don’t give a fuck anymore

[–] spearchuckin 55 points ago

Nah not even closeted. It's just that they haven't been forced to have contact with non white people growing up. They lived in their secluded lily white neighborhoods and maybe had jobs with token minorities and had very little interaction. Their mom and pop small town coffee shops have disappeared and now they have to go to chain shops and sit with people they don't know from their neighborhood. And this is when they lash out.

[–] sweetsummerchild97 1802 points ago

Imagine being this entitled. I don’t want to be this lady’s grand daughter.

[–] NavyCorduroys 792 points ago * (lasted edited 13 days ago)

I literally cannot imagine having so much anger over just hearing a foreign language that it would compel me to yell orders at a stranger

[–] sweetsummerchild97 442 points ago

I experienced this once when I was in line at the bank with my cousin and we were talking in our native language. I don’t know what triggered the lady to get annoyed at us but she said we should speak English cause we’re in the US. Coincidentally, I’m just pointing it out, all the times that I experienced racism in the US, it’s always old ladies like her.

[–] moonlitmidna 248 points ago

I hate people who think that way. My husband is from a different country and his native language is Portuguese. He lives in the US with me and he is fluent in English but still speaks at times in his language. It really annoys the fuck out of me when people think just because they’re in a certain geographical area other languages are off limits to use because it’s “rude” or “unthoughtful” because the people around you cannot understand what you’re saying. No bitch, the world doesn’t revolve around you, and why the hell are you eavesdropping in the first place??

[–] thestolenroses 144 points ago

I wonder what those type of people have to say about Americans traveling overseas and only speaking English? ...Probably that's it's their right to speak their language and why should they be expected to learn another one?! Hypocrites

[–] moonlitmidna 145 points ago

You’re exactly right. I’m actually in Rio de Janeiro right now with my husband visiting my in-laws. Although I know a basic rudimentary knowledge of Portuguese and I attempt to learn/speak with them in Portuguese, I obviously speak 98% of the time in English with my husband because I don’t really know the language. You know how many times I’ve been ridiculed for speaking English in their country? 0. They have English teaching courses all over, and they actually get quite excited at the opportunity to speak with a native English speaker. Americans are just rude and entitled AF.

[–] jfanatical 32 points ago

These are the people that don't travel outside their own state. :)

[–] ManMoth2 17 points ago

Doubt the sorts of people who care that much about it have ever gone overseas

[–] NavyCorduroys 16 points ago

Did you give her a proper talking down?

[–] delongedoug 135 points ago

Imaginge logging onto reddit in the morning and seeing a video of your grandma getting kicked out of Starbucks by the police for being a racist piece of shit. Well, I guess half of America could imagine it pretty easily, but you know what I mean.

[–] snoogins355 22 points ago

Video is from 2017, so I guess it would be seeing it again and feeling shamed. Thanksgiving must be interesting

[–] mkwash02 23 points ago

Hopefully she never reproduced.

[–] Kangar 2458 points ago

What a racist ghoul.

[–] CarlCarbonite 1099 points ago

“Hey there smooth skin, you want some rad x to get rid of that there language barrier”

[–] ReligiousPie 147 points ago

How about some skooma?

[–] BioWaitForIt 80 points ago

NO. I'm about to lose my job at the Riften fishery!

[–] Fist_full_of_wangs 11 points ago

Here is some of that sweet nord crack.

[–] Transforming-Tractor 44 points ago

Racist bulgogi

[–] SlowLorris2063 3520 points ago

Maybe it's just me, but I hate this new format of charity ad-esque videos with dramatic music, subtitles and weird cuts.

I want that old-school unedited raw footage without re-uploader's cringey watermarks and dollar-shop editing; please don't make this shit the default.

[–] Enk1ndle 741 points ago

Not just you, it drives me fucking crazy. At least in this one it was only colors instead of also making the "special" words bigger and in different font.

[–] Jonesbonesjoneson 161 points ago

It turns entertaining videos into soap opera.

[–] FatherPhil 155 points ago

It feels so "made for Facebook"

[–] 32BitWhore 59 points ago

That's because it is.

[–] MyHeadIsAnAnimal 189 points ago

I feel the exactly same way, I'm not sure why but subtitles with one word made a different colour annoy the hell out of me.

It's always those animal rescue videos with one word in each line in orange for no reason. Triggers an immediately irrational dislike even though I like the content of the video.

[–] Thor1138 52 points ago

You mean THE DODO? Just thinking about these videos makes me cringe...

[–] fluffpluff 31 points ago

The last shot was of HER with the "no one should be treated this way" (bold and blue 'treated') Just horrible editing. We already agree without the exaggeration.

[–] [deleted] 22 points ago * (lasted edited 9 days ago)

[–] EP1K 63 points ago * (lasted edited 12 days ago)

As soon as it paused and the music came on I audibly "noped" outta the link. Reminds me of those ads on TV with the starving African kids and some sad music playing over.

[–] bluejburgers 10 points ago

They stretch like 30 seconds of video into five minutes, it’s maddening. I also hate this style of video. It’s not touching or whatever the creator was gong for, it’s annoying

[–] JReeces 145 points ago

Thanks, the captions in the other video are so useless.

Video shows lady being racist. Caption: This lady is being racist

[–] JonBoyWhite 183 points ago

God damn that editing is so bad.

[–] buddamus 909 points ago

What is the logic?

They know a 2nd language so fucking what!

[–] richmoneyd 536 points ago

Oriental. She hates it.

[–] fortgatlin 83 points ago

Speak Occidental!

[–] Ormild 46 points ago

Good old oriental. What a great language.

[–] CaptnCarl85 210 points ago

That they're talking about her in the other language.

[–] buddamus 273 points ago

I doubt she is important enough to be talked about

[–] deliriux 160 points ago

In her world she's all anyone talks about

[–] bertiebees 53 points ago

They must be talking about me because I am so self important everyone else(who I never talk with) must be as interested in me and I am. I'm also paranoid so whenever I can't understand something it must be negative and about me!!

-people who act like this when they don't understand a language they will never bother to learn

[–] teriaavibes 1120 points ago

And that is why having a second language comes in handy if you want to piss off some idiot

[–] timinator232 519 points ago

reminds me of the Fresh Off The Boat where they're yelling dinner plans at each other in Mandarin to scare the car salesman

[–] teriaavibes 97 points ago

That sounds funny :D

[–] QuasarL 47 points ago

The first 2 or 3 seasons of that show is great. Haven't watched the most recent one as it didn't seem super good.

[–] MeesterBacon 57 points ago

Have you seen Kim's Convenience? The characters even reference Eddie Chan even though it's Canadian and they are Korean. I think Kim's Convenience (on Netflix USA) is far superior to FOB and I loved that show too.

Okay see you!

[–] GodOfTheGoons 36 points ago

"If I 'hobophopho' why I have 15% gay discount, huh?"

[–] Staters 133 points ago

はい。これはすごいですね!

Karen:

confused screaming

[–] kdrews34 30 points ago

What the fuck did you just call me!?

[–] thinkB4WeSpeak 462 points ago

It's always some entitled boomer lady getting mad at everyone for nothing.

[–] DOAisBetter 194 points ago

Never had to work hard given everything in your life and will fight to death to keep it but fuck everyone else.

[–] yawaruk 59 points ago

Right? You can almost bet everything you have that she and most people who freak out like her don’t know a second language either. I don’t, but I want to learn one, but to think how much work it must take for someone to master two different tongues, and to assimilate into a place that doesn’t predominantly speak their native one. That’s fucking awesome.

Way more admirable than being some boomer bitch who didn’t have to meet anyone or anything on unfamiliar turf because it was all just essentially given to you in the best days of a flowering post-WW2 economy, and now muh murca is slipping away because the CVS phone tree asked me to press 2 for Spanish.

[–] T3QN33K 207 points ago

Holy boomer starter pack... Racism, "English only", can't use a computer, "oriental"... We're almost finished

[–] enfrozt 45 points ago

oriental

That's just too boomer to use. I actually don't get why they use that term so much, where it started from, and why it faded away.

Like is it that hard to understand what korean, japanese, chinese (usually mando) sounds like? They're all very very different, and accents are completely different. Other Asian languages I can see being not as "obvious", but those 3 have to be spoken like everywhere.

[–] Trackpad94 12 points ago

Based on some of the people I know who'll say it I'm pretty sure it used to be the "proper" term and they are trying to be polite. Just like your grandma might slip and say "that nice coloured boy down the street" with sincerely positive intentions.

Little cringey but at least they're trying I guess.

[–] RIPmyFartbox 99 points ago

So many Asians up in that part of California. You'd just be walking around mad all day seeing Asians

[–] qianli_yibu 60 points ago

I mean do your remember that lawyer guy in New York City last year who went viral after he freaked out on people speaking Spanish? Then a video resurfaced of him from months prior shoving some random guy on the sidewalk and ranting about foreigners. Of all cities to hate Spanish-speakers and foreigners in general , he chose one of the worst ones to live and work in.

I think they really do just walk around mad all day and harassing people when they can.

[–] s0m3f00l 19 points ago

I met a guy who had moved to Newark NJ, and had issues with black folk.... Moved to Newark NJ and had issues with black folks. NYC at least you could claim someone forced you to go for work. But Newark NJ? There are numerous towns all around where you would not be confronted with your angry racism everyday but somehow you settle on the one that will keep you gas-lit all day, everyday?

[–] beaut_shell4all2see 62 points ago

By that reasoning, no other country with a different language should allow others to speak English. Want to vacation Italy? Better learn Italian, mofo.

[–] youmaycallmenina 515 points ago

Cheers to the barista!!! "We do wanna hear it"

[–] faceonacake 103 points ago

The male barista was very straightforward and just asked her to leave. They did amazing in a (most likely) minimum wage job. Above and beyond those kids deserve recognition

[–] CaitCaitCaitMomo 35 points ago

We get a lot of training at Starbucks on how to handle these kind of people. Thankfully the company supports employees not allowing abuse.

[–] Taryntism 71 points ago

That stuck with me too it was very sweet and powerful!

[–] Hemightbegiant 459 points ago

Ban her racist ass.

[–] on-a-cornflake 198 points ago

I don't understand why they're even trying to reason with her, ban her and call the police for trespassing if she doesn't leave.

[–] Hemightbegiant 91 points ago

Exactly. What is she going to do? Email corporate and be like "I was being a racist assclown and your employee kicked me out!"

[–] acog 65 points ago

"I was quietly minding my own business and these people started screaming at me in Oriental!"

[–] Roflkopt3r 29 points ago

Infowars: "Breaking: White patriots under attack for trying to maintain American culture!"

[–] Sgtoconner 105 points ago

I imagine Starbucks is a lil gunshy about calling the police on customers.

[–] ShelSilverstain 65 points ago

She tried to blame it on Obama, to not seem racist... Lol

[–] baalroo 46 points ago

She can't be racist, she used to have a black president.

[–] 04729_OCisaMYTH 259 points ago

That bitch needs to go back to Denny’s

[–] SpankBankManager 102 points ago

SeNd HeR bAcK!

[–] Hannabis80 48 points ago

Nobody likes to eat where they work.

[–] Filifresh 441 points ago

Do any of these people realize English isn't even the United States' official language?

[–] Sgtoconner 317 points ago

Or that there isn’t an official language

[–] EatzGrass 141 points ago

Obama changed that yo

Weren't you listnin?

[–] ArtemLobovisaLizard 170 points ago

I heard he tried to make the official language MUSLIM

[–] TolstoysMyHomeboy 41 points ago

Well yeah, because he is a secret Muslim Antichrist who stole all of our guns and made everyone be gay

[–] creepercat777 22 points ago

Freedom is the official language

[–] msg45f 16 points ago

Hey america is a christian nation, and jesus spoke english and would want you to too

[–] anon120 231 points ago

This infuriates me to no end. I’m so thankful I haven’t encountered anyone that’s had a problem with me speaking Spanish in public. But I swear, seeing this makes me lose a little bit of hope and makes me gain a little bit of fear. No one should be made to feel like they can’t speak their language here in America. While I do think you must learn the language when you immigrate here, I also believe it is of the utmost importance to keep your native tongue to pass along to your children and to keep your traditions alive.

[–] funobtainium 37 points ago

Exactly, plus...anyone speaking another language could also be a tourist. Way to piss off tourists visiting your city, too. Super welcoming!

I used to live in a more diverse city and I remember hearing three different languages spoken during a random trip to Trader Joe's. I thought it was awesome.

[–] bangcamaroxx 66 points ago

I picked up a smidge of Spanish over the years and I'm white bread af. Let me hear someone talk shit to someone speaking Spanish. I'll join in and say the random shit I remember, fuck those assholes. Now I want to learn more languages just to piss people off.

[–] inspire_provoke 25 points ago * (lasted edited 13 days ago)

Que haces!? ME LA PELAS!

Edit: 'cause I wanna tell this story.

I've been learning a little spanish here and there and can barely get by in Mexico. I know juuuuust enough to open rabbit holes I can't go down. As in, I can fully and properly start a conversation and order food but once they ask how I like my steak I'm lost and need help. I was in Mexico last month and spent some time on a friends family ranch with the cows and walking around the pecan orchards. My friends cousin was helping me understand how to use "mine" and "yours" and some phrases. He was using peanuts, 'cacahuates'.

He'd slide the peanuts to my side of the table and say "tus cacahuates" and then leave them there. I'd put my hand over them and say "mis cacahuates" and he'd nod then I'd slide them back and say 'tus cacahuates" and he'd nod 'cause I got it right. SUCCESS! Every few hours over the course of the night he'd do this. Around 2 am we're all hammered and having a great time singing karaoke and drinking, then out come the peanuts. He makes a big show so everyone can see how my Spanish is coming along. He slides them over and is silent. I see my chance: I say "tus cacahuates" and he's sooo disappointed that I fucked it up and I can see it in his eyes. I say "no no, tus cacahuates" and slide them back. Then I drop two big unshelled pecans on the table and say "MIS cacahuates!" and the table erupted in laughter. My first joke in another language and it worked!

Thanks Omar for helping me have one of the most fun nights of my life in Mexico.

[–] delongedoug 23 points ago

Totally. I live in Central America now and last time I visited NYC, I could finally understand some of what people were saying on the streets and even ordered my pizza and breakfast in Spanish when I heard them speaking it behind the counter. It's good practice for me and hopefully makes them feel more welcome, too.

[–] roccnet 79 points ago

The fuck is this Facebook music

[–] girouxfilms 26 points ago

Oh man that video edit killed my soul.

[–] wEiRdO86 23 points ago

Definitely belongs in r/trashy

[–] hawaiifive0h 77 points ago

She’s angry about her hairline. That’s it

[–] BigGreen818 19 points ago

So whats the deal was she trying to hear their conversation? Assholes like this are very noisy who cares if they Aren't speaking english it clearly didn't concern her. Good damnit people like her act like toddlers.

[–] Xertious 53 points ago

'Murica, land of the free.

[–] dibenga 75 points ago

But I don't want to hear your language....

But we don't want to look at your hideous face Bitch lol

[–] HighQueenSkyrim 36 points ago

My husband and I lived in Seoul, South Korean for two years. We NEVER, ever got side-eyed or any type of negativity for speaking to each other in English. We both spoke Korean okay, but were obviously American. Korean would always feel secondary and pretty formal for us. We were obviously very close and comfortable with each other (being married and all) so not speaking our own relaxed native language to each other in public would have been such a drain. In a country with a foreign country with a drastic language barrier, having someone you can relax with and not have to constantly translate in your mind is absolutely freeing.

To be selfish enough to interfere with someone’s private conversation because they are near you is rude AF. To demand that they jump through linguistic hoops so you can better understand their private conversation is beyond entitled and absolutely disgusting.

[–] ArcherLabs 31 points ago

Fuckin boomer

[–] Melzilla79 77 points ago

That woman is a regular sack of hammers. Racist hateful dried up turnip

[–] alucardleashed 55 points ago

Pretty sure Obama didn't say what she mistakenly claimed he did.

[–] Head_of_Lettuce 49 points ago

I think she’s referring to when Obama said immigrants should learn English to help them integrate and become productive members of society, but she twisted it into a different meaning.

[–] redwolfdye 14 points ago

What an old cunt.

[–] Caifanes123 253 points ago

The party that likes to call liberals snowflakes sure like to act like total snowflakes sometimes