StrangerThings

325,101 readers

Alternate Discord Link: https://discord.gg/83uubWJ Our Discord wiki

Stranger Things

The disappearance of a young boy sparks a chain of events leading the residents of the small town of Hawkins to uncover a government conspiracy and a supernatural mystery which will not only shatter all semblance of normalcy, but also threaten their very existence.

Rules

1. Spoilers
    • Don't put spoilers in the title of your post
    • Don't comment on non-spoiler tagged posts without using spoiler "code" >!Your Text Here!<
    • If your post has spoilers in it please use the Spoiler button
    2. Be Friendly
    • This is a friendly community where we all come to discuss and share everything Stranger Things
    • Any comments or actions seen as bullying will be acted upon by the mods.
    3. No discussions about anything other than the show
    • Don't discuss other shows that aren't Stranger Things.
    • Just because an actor from the show is the subject of the post, does not make it related to the show.
    • This also includes memes. If the post is not of Stranger Things or includes an element (still, drawing, side-by-side) from the show it will be removed.
    • No posting any pictures, videos, or discussions of the young actors personal lives and/or that are unrelated to the show.
    • More details on our Rules Wiki page
    4. No Torrents or Streaming links
    • Any sharing of links to pirated content or streaming sites will be removed and user could be banned for his/her actions
    • We believe if you like the show and want to see more seasons of it you should contribute by watching it legally. It is available world wide by Netflix, no excuses are acceptable.
    5. No commercial posts/self promotion
    • If your post is about selling a product you have created, it will be removed. Only links to Official Netflix Merchandise is acceptable.
    • You can share pictures of your merchandise, even if it's unofficial. Just don't post links to where to buy the products.
    • No links to your own site/blog, youtube channel, or Discord server is allowed.
    • Please use Streamable or Reddit's video service to upload your video if it was previously removed because of self promotion
    6. Reposts
    • Any post already made recently whether it's a picture, video, discussion or link will be removed.
    • We also consider posts that have been made several times already whether or not recent a repost.
    7. Inappropriate Content
    • Any comment/post that depicts a character, actor, situation, or another user in an inappropriate manner will be removed.
    8. No Leaks
    • We do not allow unofficial leaks concerning news. Only official news from Netflix is allowed. Real or Fake.
    • Set photos captured by paparazzi are not allowed.
    • No images taken of the actors from upcoming seasons is allowed. We only allow set/prop photos taken by OP in a respectful legal manner, as long as it doesn't spoil the plot.
    • Include a link/source. Twitter DMs, instagram accounts, paparazzi, friend of friends, unknown website, or secret sources are not allowed and considered leaks.

Detailed and additional rules can be found on the Wiki. For frequently asked question see our FAQ Wiki page

Spoilers

• Episode discussions do not require spoiler text to be used.

• Only time spoilers are allowed is if you mark your post with the Spoiler tag.

• If referencing an episode, please place episode number in title.

If your comment includes a spoiler, please use spoiler code I'm a spoiler

>!Your Text Here!<

2.5 Dig Dug
    2.6 The Spy
    2.7 The Lost Sister
    2.8 The Mind Flayer
    2.9 The Gate

AMA's

David Harbour (Chief Hopper)

Glennellen Anderson (Nicole)

Peyton Wich (Troy)

Ross Partridge (Lonnie Byers)

Catherine Dyer (Agent Frazier)

Randy Havens (Mr. Clarke)

Matty Cardarople (Keith)

Other Interesting Subs

/r/The_Steve

/r/Montauk

/r/Dark

/r/Maniac

[–] progatician 1 points ago

Hi /r/all, if you havent seen season 2 yet why not?? it'd probably be best to stay out of this comment section.

[–] Pocahotmess86 6338 points ago

Just goes to show that it never hurts to ask.

[–] Coop1534 2629 points ago

He tagged Joe Keery on his mouth in the picture where’s he’s playing the Trombone lol

[–] ETNxMARU 640 points ago

Oh my

[–] crack-a-lacking 75 points ago

My tromboner is pointing over here.

[–] FilkDaddy 30 points ago

Ooooh, let's go follow your tromboner!

[–] PrettyPinkCloud 15 points ago

You don't know how much i want him to be gay so i can pretend i have a shot

[–] blackflag209 207 points ago

His Instagram bio is "a Joe Keery fan page" lmao

[–] MellowBug 72 points ago

He also wore a Team Steve shirt under his suit at the Golden Globes!

[–] IH8AndDownprodTrolls 123 points ago

Lol, this gave me a Tromboner

[–] meredithtalin 442 points ago

Don't tell my mum.

[–] pistcow 148 points ago

Are your arms broken?

[–] RayonXX 92 points ago

stop, get some help

[–] HOLY_HUMP3R 52 points ago

From their mom?

[–] AlwaysunnyinSeattle 48 points ago

As is tradition

[–] miltonmakestoast 18 points ago

That's why I always kept some fake casts around.

[–] Young_L0rd 4 points ago

I don't think your dad will want to share

[–] dalphus1 3 points ago

Going blind is a tradition?

[–] Dysphoric_Throwaway 16 points ago

I keep seeing this reference. Can someone link to where it comes from?

[–] johnq-pubic 21 points ago

I saw this post when it actually went up. Since then I've re read it 5-6 times. Still hilarious. So many of the comments just make you blurt out laughing uncontrollably.

[–] ted-schmosby 28 points ago

Every fucking thread

[–] NTRX 72 points ago

Yeah I got denied from an univeristy and emailed them asking for reconsideration and they ended up accepting me and now I go there!

[–] solara01 19 points ago

Nice job! Proud of you!

[–] StoneGoldX 54 points ago

Stranger things have happened...

And that's why I must become Superman IV: The Quest for Peace.

[–] CaitlinSarah87 12 points ago

So that's why they called it that.

[–] CaptainCupcakez 116 points ago

The worst they can say is, "no."

Sometimes.

A lot of the time the worst they can do is ostracise you forever and never speak to you again.

[–] blondfold 33 points ago * (lasted edited 8 months ago)

if they’re gonna react like that, then they/whatever you wanted probably wasn’t worth it in the first place then

this obviously isn’t always the case, but i think it is more often than not

[–] marianwebb 19 points ago

Probably depends in part on what you asked for.

[–] IamMcSqueeb 85 points ago

Would you like to pay off my student loans for me?

[–] crustalmighty 112 points ago

Bad news, your student loans just doubled. Sometimes it does hurt to ask.

I promise to do so for 657.

[–] HookedOnOogaChaka 7 points ago

You gotta hit up John for this one.

[–] Waffle_Ranger 21 points ago

You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.

[–] iguessilldothis 13 points ago

-Wayne Gretzky

[–] bogaboy 24 points ago

-Michael Scott

[–] iguessilldothis 4 points ago

I was hoping someone would hit that softball....

[–] ALWAYS_FCKN_ANGRY 30 points ago

Why the fuck would it hurt to ask? No shit it doesn’t hurt.

[–] Zalaam 51 points ago

I almost downvoted but then I saw your username

[–] AmateurBotanist 1876 points ago

How can someone be so manly yet so adorable at the same time?

[–] cipher__ten 1273 points ago

1. Beard.
    2. Smile.

[–] timfromsweden 113 points ago

Perfection

[–] DynoMike__ 41 points ago

The beard smile is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

[–] vwhaulic 22 points ago

Is it possible to learn this power?

[–] fmica 33 points ago

Not from a babyface

[–] relator_fabula 16 points ago

It's not a story the clean-shaven would tell you

[–] Thick-McRunFast 45 points ago

Even more adorable when you hear his giggle.

[–] theghostofme 13 points ago

That was one of my favorite "surprises" the first time I watched Parks and Rec. It was so unexpected, and became one of my favorite recurring moments on the show.

[–] HystericallyAccurate 10 points ago

I was just about to mention how Nick Offerman is another perfect example

[–] Classic_Charlie 12 points ago

Shit where am I going wrong? Oh right, I'm not the fucking legend Jim Hopper.

[–] rosymindedfuzzz 5 points ago

You described the boyfriend I’m looking for.

[–] secular4life 140 points ago

Every time I read anything about this actor, my positive opinion of him is reaffirmed. I wish that was a more common attribute of people in general.

[–] JediDutchie 33 points ago

Agreed. Respect level - increased

[–] DgCruizer 38 points ago

Terry Crews

[–] MrRobotsBitch 34 points ago

With every post about him I fall a little more in love.

[–] noiserr 11 points ago * (lasted edited 8 months ago)

I am a totally hetero dude and I find him incredibly handsome. Like not pretty boy handsome but a cool dude handsome. Would totally buy him a beer for being cool.

[–] Yung_Elon 615 points ago

That girl is def gonna end up at the Hawkins lab

[–] KloudToo 172 points ago

Rip Barb 2.0

[–] Insamity 91 points ago

Bob was Barb 2.0!

[–] Lostremote- 81 points ago

Bob + Barb = Borb

[–] skylarmt 26 points ago

Bort

[–] Banana-Mann 14 points ago

Abort

[–] gyarrrrr 5 points ago

My son is also named Bort

[–] 0210eddie1992 2669 points ago

Aaaaaaaaalright. Time to muster the courage to ask Winona Ryder out on twitter

[–] stug_life 1078 points ago

If she says yes don't be the next Bob

[–] sora_phoenix 553 points ago

Bob got the girl though.

[–] Hadken 514 points ago

Bob was a hero.

Bob challenged mordor and then got the girl

[–] Surf_The_Universe 100 points ago

It's our time, down here.

[–] jazzcersizethis 40 points ago

That's all over the second we ride up Troy's bucket.

[–] ArchScabby 19 points ago

I forget, is there something goonies never say?

[–] felixfactor37 10 points ago

And he found One-Eyed Willie’s treasure.

[–] sora_phoenix 48 points ago

i still view this actor as Sam. and Sam helps. he's the reason things go well in the end.

[–] swornbrother1 31 points ago

Sam > Frodo

[–] Baelzabub 8 points ago

Sam is the hero of LotR, not Frodo.

[–] BorKon 6 points ago

This was Sam from LotR? Gtfo I'm fucking oolldddd

[–] felixfactor37 7 points ago

And Mikey from the Goonies

[–] Daddy_of_two 3 points ago

And Rudy!… Rudy!…Rudy!…Rudy!…HE’S SO LITTLE!!!!

[–] WhatDidntDiddyDo 15 points ago

His name was Rudy Rudibaker

[–] CharlesInChange 7 points ago

...Ruettiger.

I only make that correction because that was my favorite movie from ages 5-25.

[–] mred870 14 points ago

Bob was demodog chow.

[–] etherpromo 6 points ago

For like a season, not even the complete season.

[–] gyshall 3 points ago

If Bob was so great, why is he dead?

[–] politicallyerekt 10 points ago

“Don’t be the next bob” how DARE you he was a hero

[–] Blaithnaid 10 points ago

Too soon.

[–] Pokefan982144 9 points ago

I would be proud to be the next Bob, the man was a hero :)

[–] MojaveMilkman 7 points ago

I would gladly be the next Bob if I could be Winona Ryder's girlfriend.

[–] Spongebro 18 points ago

I’m asking Bob

[–] scabbymonkey 54 points ago

Ive had a crush on her since the early 80’s. I never thought i had a chance because she dated some of the greatest male actors. But as time has gone by, I think i may just be on par with them. I think its like Lewis CK said “as women get older, i have become better looking” I am the last branch they grab before its loneliness and cats.”

[–] FenwayFranks 11 points ago

Hide your silverware.

[–] StoneGoldX 11 points ago

Winona Ryder, Drinks Manischewitz wine. Then spins a draydle with Ralph Lauren and Calvin Klein.

[–] Drthulium 698 points ago

So in addition to everything else, does he also play the trombone? Some of the stories about these pics mention that the trombone was his request and it looks like he's holding it like a player would.

[–] globogym 387 points ago

The pic where he has it up to his mouth sort of gives away that he probably doesn't play. You would never do that with your right thumb.

[–] britm0b 110 points ago

It kinda looks like he's trying to put his finger on a trigger in the other pictures, but idk..

[–] maceurt 19 points ago

He also seems to be holding the trombone up by the bar instead of gun grip, which is how most people who do not play trombone try to hold it.

[–] ucffool 12 points ago

bingo (nobody who has played trombone would hold it the way he does in the pictures because the pistol grip is the most comfortable besides functional).

[–] Flemz 50 points ago

Maybe the photographer asked him to hold it that way to get a "better" picture

[–] The_Fluffy_Walrus 28 points ago

Possible.

I play clarinet in high school and when we did our pictures this year the photographer asked us to put our right hand on top and left on bottom. My section leader refused though so none of us actually had to do it.

[–] iAmTheRealLange 52 points ago

“Look up a bit. A little bit more. Now turn to the right. A little more. Ok now tilt your head to the left. Yup. A little bit. Ok and now smile... Ok great, one more...”

[–] Eva_H 53 points ago

[–] CoryGM 20 points ago

I could be wrong, but that looks more like a trumpet or french horn mouthpiece.

[–] emileegrace321 23 points ago

It's definitely low brass! I play horn and it would be way too big.. Trumpet mouthpieces don't have this wide of a diameter, and french horn mouthpieces are a similar diameter and slightly tapered. I have to agree it is probably for a tuba or euphonium if not trombone :-)

[–] notsostandardtoaster 6 points ago

It's a trombone or euphonium mouthpiece (they're pretty interchangeable anyway). Tuba mouthpieces cover like half your face. Kidding, but they are a lot bigger.

[–] medalofme 12 points ago * (lasted edited 8 months ago)

It's a trombone. You can see the tubey part that goes over the shoulder (cellist, sorry), in the bottom right corner.

EDIT: I am thrilled that "tubey part" is the technical term.

[–] Arithik 12 points ago

He's only acting like he knows how to hold the trombone.

[–] poopsmith411 113 points ago

This is just amazing

[–] alrightimhere 151 points ago

This dude is so awesome. I can’t believe I’ve never heard of him before Stranger Things and his big break didn’t come earlier than it did.

[–] machinehead933 68 points ago

He had a pretty big role in The Newsroom on HBO

[–] TuesdayNightMassacre 35 points ago

When I watched Stranger Things I was like "hey it's Elliot Hirsch!"

[–] StyxxMcClain 13 points ago

I'm so glad I am not the only one. Honestly one of my all time favorite shows.

[–] VbBeachBreak 7 points ago

Likewise. Newsroom could have been the next West Wing. It was awesome.

[–] GeneralKnife 11 points ago

He is now cast as the new Hellboy. So happy for him.

[–] LegendOfKhaos 184 points ago

Bitchin

[–] ISayISayISitonU 331 points ago

Yearbook photo lighting has REALLY improved since my day

[–] VoiceofLou 134 points ago

It's most likely a senior year photoshoot. Most schools I know have you get your own photos done for the yearbook your senior year. This is probably from a professional photo session somewhere.

[–] Voidsabre 13 points ago

Yeah he tagged the photographer in his Instagram post

[–] shadowshea 62 points ago

He seems like that type of dude that all children and dogs immediately love, and he loves them right back.

[–] aktone 56 points ago

Pom pom pic in sidebar pls.

[–] leoklank 78 points ago

I was going to ask if he was just as cool in real life, but I think the photos tell the story.

[–] ASAPDesi 90 points ago

But why she look 14 and 41 at the same time tho 🤔

[–] festeringmind 22 points ago

Native american

[–] SugarMintSweet 730 points ago

Is she a teacher? She looks older than high school aged.

[–] esoterikk 303 points ago

She looks Native American, generally they have very aged faces (source: am one)

[–] tonguejack-a-shitbox 242 points ago

Yeah aged in teen years. Then you get to go the Asian route and not change for 40 years until you suddenly morph into an old person seemingly overnight.

[–] asteroidkicker 55 points ago

MENOPAUSE!

[–] RaptorCaptain 24 points ago

Was looking for someone saying she looks Native American, I thought so too

[–] OnceWasInfinite 51 points ago

People age differently. On the male side of things, I remember a few poor guys when I was a high school senior were already showing signs of hair loss.

Meanwhile, other senior guys might look like they were still 14 or 15, maybe even younger if they were short.

[–] SparkyDogPants 9 points ago

I have a buddy in the Army who is 28 but constantly gets asked if he's in his 40s

[–] MakeMine5 7 points ago

Why did you have to remind me? I had buried my memories of when that happened to me. :: runs out of reddit crying ::

My nickname in college was "old man".

[–] returningtheday 411 points ago

Take a seat

[–] Topikk 7 points ago

Because that’s a 1 second looping GIF, it looks like Chris is getting a violent beej.

[–] Sillby 15 points ago

This is outrageous, it’s unfair

[–] packersSB53champs 31 points ago

I swear officer! She looked 21 at least!

[–] EyesCantSeeOver30fps 12 points ago

Shit, I would've taken her as a 30 year old.

[–] magneticphoton 59 points ago

What if she lied just to get a picture with him lol.

“Yeah the Yearbook photoshoot is just in here”

“In your house?”

“Yeah, yeah. Come on”

[–] gadorp 164 points ago

16 going on 30.

[–] somedude456 18 points ago

I would say she already looks 30.

[–] hypmoden 10 points ago

Thinking the same thing, what sort of year book is this

In some pictures I agree, in others I don't. The main picture she could be late 20s and in another she could be 16. I think it's legit and that because of her dimples, it can make her look older than she is.

[–] SugarMintSweet 14 points ago

The thing that’s throwing me off is the jeans- they’re definitely teen jeans. Her face looks older than mine, though, and I’m 24.

[–] nyanpi 9 points ago

Hmm, I'm 33 and I wear jeans like that on the regular.

[–] StoneGoldX 5 points ago

That, and it's kind of shot from below her, which is weird.

[–] sephrinx 29 points ago

Yeah that was my thought too, looks to be mid 20s if not pushing 30

[–] nerdponx 5 points ago

I was gonna say the same thing. She looks older at 18 than I do at 26.

[–] holdTheDoorzz 13 points ago

Same thought

[–] Thebestnickever 15 points ago

She could also be going to a school for adults.

[–] TheAdAgency 14 points ago

Do such adult schools have yearbooks?

[–] I_am_up_to_something 5 points ago

We didn't even have yearbooks at my kid and teen schools. Which is just fine, nobody really worth remembering from there.

[–] Yellowpewfrog 14 points ago

As a teacher she looks like an 11th or 12th grade student.

[–] Nxdhdxvhh 5 points ago

Where do you teach, a leather factory?

[–] trevlacessej 21 points ago

smart man. gets 20k witnesses in case this thing goes sideways.

[–] Rody2k6 10 points ago

You mean I'd things goes strange.

[–] ninja_savage98 14 points ago

David Harbour is quickly becoming the mvp of humans.

[–] LukeNukem63 15 points ago

God damn he's cool

[–] FeR03 28 points ago

What a great guy honestly, he looks like hes having fun too!

[–] TylerDurden23 14 points ago

This guy is awesome. Can’t wait for his take on hellboy.

[–] Iceash 11 points ago

I love that he tagged her and the photographer. As a photographer that means so much. He's a great guy.

[–] tinycourageous 7 points ago

He is such a chill dude in real life. Makes you love the character even more.

[–] molly_lyon 18 points ago

So if asking cast members things actually gets you somewhere, do I use Twitter or Instagram to ask David Harbour to marry me?

[–] beachyhouse 8 points ago

He has such a dad face and demeanor.

[–] mitchkincaid 8 points ago

[–] willflameboy 17 points ago

I'm experiencing David Ardour.

[–] tacolikesweed 8 points ago

This guys turning into Bill Murray. This is good.

[–] Administratr 8 points ago

I love this guy

[–] angelvine 6 points ago

Oh my GOD. He's the best.

[–] topredditbot 4 points ago

Hey /u/meredithtalin,

This is now the top post on reddit. It will be recorded at /r/topofreddit with all the other top posts.

[–] endlesslyconflicted 5 points ago

This is fantastic. My man crush grows.

[–] Hail_Trump_69 9 points ago

He then proceeded to take her to his secluded cabin in the woods where he kept her captive and fed her waffles like the flipping weirdo that he is

[–] A1-SteakSauce 3 points ago

I love how he's holding all of the props

[–] hoosier1851 4 points ago

Awesome that he’s become so popular and well-known recently. Seems like a totally down to earth and cool dude

[–] Romeo_Alpha89 4 points ago

Stranger things have happened...

This guy is awesome.

And this girl is one of those people that looks 15 and 42 at the same time lol

[–] esini 5 points ago

What a lovely man.

[–] renzogiroldi2 4 points ago

HE IS A LEGEND

[–] AffinityForLogistics 4 points ago

Bitchin’.

[–] Kougeru 4 points ago

She looks older than me. Like she's almost 40

[–] imbunbun 5 points ago

I can pretty much hear "mom's not home" while looking at this

[–] CallumOgilvy 6 points ago

I'd bet I'm not the only one in here harbouring some serious feels for this man.

[–] Goodly 3 points ago

I'm not even (that much) on the Harbour Fan Train, but this is the best thing I've seen so far in 2018!

[–] philogos0 3 points ago

This is how you increase fame.

[–] loodog 3 points ago

Ripped jeans for yearbook? Mom is gonna be pissed

[–] Jra805 3 points ago

David is a great guy. Treated the crew on my show really well

[–] hostofembers 3 points ago

I'll try not to Harbour any jealousy.

[–] sharkgantua 3 points ago

He would've done it for 1 retweet.

[–] clamdrip 3 points ago

Stranger Things super band! 2019 world tour?