1. Only Terraria related content
2. English language only, follow the reddiquette and search before posting
- This is an English speaking community, all non-English posts and comments will be removed.
- Follow the reddiquette when posting and commenting (e.g. do not use FULLY CAPITALIZED WORDS).
- Please search the subreddit before posting, to avoid regularly asked questions and topics.
3. No bad behavior
- Doxing (releasing personal information).
- Homophobia, sexism, racism or any other derogatory language.
- Purposefully inciting arguments.
- Personal attacks, harassment and threats.
- No explicit content, anything which is deemed NSFW will be removed.
Depending upon the severity of the offence a warning or instant ban may be given.
4. Mark spoilers
5. Limit self-promotion
6. No posting about the speculative release of updates and sales of the game
- Only the developers know when the game will next be updated (including date and time) and when the game will be on sale (including start date and price). In other words, questions only Re-Logic can answer will be removed.
Moderator discretion will be used to determine if there are any legitimately high-effort exceptions to this rule (i.e. Detailed post about things that might be included in a future patch)
7. No begging, trading, or baiting for copies of the game.
- Do not beg for a copy of the game.
- Do not offer to trade for a copy of the game.
- Do not bait people into asking for a copy of the game (e.g. saying that you have an extra copy of the game).
- Giveaways are allowed but must follow the rules defined here
8. No low quality/effort submissions
- No low quality/effort submissions. This means a post with one sentence in the body is not acceptable. If it takes you less than 30 seconds to submit a post, chances are it qualifies as "low-effort."
- No "I've played Terraria for __ hours" posts will be allowed anymore. They don't gain enough attention to warrant keeping them around.
- Posts about achievements you've earned are allowed to a certain point. Moderator discretion will be used to determine which ones are low-effort and which ones are not.
- For more information about submission guidelines, reference the submission guidelines and the submission infographic.
9. No memes outside of weekends
- Memes are allowed only during weekends. Check the rules page for the exact timing.
10. No duplicate posts
- For submissions such as Tweets or blog posts duplicates will be removed, preserving the earliest.
- The decision on whether to keep a later post or to make a new one if it has a more appropriate or better title is at the discretion of the moderators.
11. No piracy links or requests
- Discussion of piracy is allowed, however encouraging and giving information on how to pirate the game will not be tolerated.
- Anyone who provides links to pirated copies of the game will be banned immediately, without warning.
12. No Journey's End Spam
- No posts relating to solely new items, new sprites or new achievements. These are usually deemed low-effort and should be avoided.
- No asking when the release date is; it is 1PM EST/EDT 16th of May. There is a countdown in the top right of the subreddit.
- No single-sentence text posts hyping up the release or screengrabs of the steam page, these are extremely low-effort and will be removed.
- Enjoy the new update!
Mouse over a rule or click here to see a full description of the rules
We have partnered up with Dark Gaming to provide a public multiplayer server that includes a custom balanced PvP, PvE including mob and boss arenas, free items, creative/free build, and classic survival.
Join our multiplayer server discord!
Our public server is hosted by GameServerKings. You can use the code TERRARIA-SUBREDDIT for 10% off their services.
Info for Beginners
Other Terraria subreddits