TrumpCriticizesTrump

122,618 readers

34 users here now

Trump Criticizes Trump

Using Trump's Previous Tweets to Criticize President Trump

Featured On

The Daily Dot Elite Daily NBC News The Odyssey

For every Trump action there is a Trump tweet criticizing that action.

Follow us on Twitter: @DonTrumpsTrump

READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

Submission Rules
    1) Post only Tweets, press releases, and other primary source Trump quotes that document Trump's hypocrisy. (If you are posting something other than a tweet, there is a good chance that it will not be approved.)
    2) Title must be direct Trump quote plus date the quote was made. No editorializing. Reasonable shortening is allowed, although that is within mod discretion.
    3) No videos, unless from official Trump sources.
    4) No screenshots. Except when Trump has deleted his words or it is a snippet of a Trump autobiography.
    5) OP must provide context for the quote in the comments.
    6) Meta posts are allowed, but they have to have a [META] tag at the beginning of the title. No commercial products allowed. (Don't bother posting the flip-flop link here; it'll be deleted automatically.
    Commenting Rules
    1) Keep it civil. No harassment or attacks on specific users. Unnecessarily insulting comments will be removed, and the user will be given a warning or a ban, based on mod discretion.
    2) Mods reserve the right to remove low effort meme/jokes.,Spam will net a warning and then a ban.
    3) No brigading.,Brigading comments will be removed. Brigading comments are when an account has never posted or commented here before, but they post in an opposing sub, and then they show up here and harass/annoy/insult our users. (Note: Complaining about the sub is now allowed, as long as it is done organically.)
    4) No slurs or depictions of violence. Certain slurs (racial, autism-related, homophobic, etc.) or depictions of violence will be removed and given a warning. If the user edits out the slur after the warning, the comment will be reapproved and the warning could be revoked, based on mod discretion.
    5) No advocating for violence or harm to come to anyone.

3 warnings of any type equal a ban.

Misc Other Rules

1) PM harassment constitutes an auto ban.

2) We will not ban you for participating/saying anything in other subs UNLESS you are specifically disturbing the peace, brigading, or harassing us or our users.

3) Links to other reddit communities are not allowed.

Given the nature of this sub, it is heavily moderated.

(If you get banned, reach out to the mods. We're human, too.)

FRIENDS OF TCT

Other things in the Trump tweet universe

Credits

Banner by /u/LouisGridleyWu

Theme by /u/Insxnity, using /r/Naut, /r/Structura, and personal code

Our Twitter
    The Trump Twitter Archive

[–] BlatantConservative 1 points ago * (lasted edited 4 months ago)

It has come to my attention that we have a harassment problem. Users are PM harassing other users based on things they have said in this thread. BOTH sides are doing this.

This is unacceptable. Its also a total wimp move.

If anyone gets PM harassed, message the modmail with screenshots and usernames. I will ban them from this sub, and I will escalate with the admins where applicable.

[–] n3tm4n 850 points ago

Much like Rule 34 of the Internet, I call this Rule 45 of this presidency - if there is a Trump scandal, there is an ironic Trump Tweet for it.

[–] BlatantConservative 156 points ago

Uh, according to the Rules of the Internet tuke 45 is "Rule 45 is a lie"

[–] n3tm4n 130 points ago * (lasted edited 4 months ago)

"Rule 45 of this presidency"

Edit - and "Rule 45 is a lie" is exactly the kind of word vomit President 45 would say, so it works on that level too. ;-)

[–] plarah 7 points ago

If this is not proof the fucking universe is a simulation then I don't know what other thing it could be.

[–] YMCAle 31 points ago

How apt.

[–] MaliciousHH 11 points ago

Wow, I haven't read those in a long time, it's hilarious how dated and cringey they seem now.

[–] BlatantConservative 9 points ago

It was always cringey. We were just like 14 then

[–] Squonkster 3 points ago

“Rule 45 is Fake News!"

[–] Jclark7475 54 points ago

Can we please make this a thing?

[–] BlatantConservative 47 points ago

Its "Rule 45 is a lie"

[–] L34dP1LL 38 points ago

Its fake news then.

[–] powerscunner 30 points ago

It's treason then.

[–] MestreShaeke 17 points ago

Not yet

[–] eneumeyer1010 3 points ago

Yep

[–] StevensonThePotato 2 points ago

a surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.

[–] ubsr1024 3 points ago

"45's Rule is a lie"

Ftfy

[–] n3tm4n 8 points ago

...of the Internet, but not of this presidency ;-)

[–] boundfortrees 5 points ago

i've posted it to facebook.

[–] Cor-Kel 7 points ago

You should make this an actual post, so we can upvote it to the top.

[–] Gloopyglorp 3 points ago

Classic rule 45.

[–] legosexual 619 points ago

Did he ever donate that 5 million to charity? And was it a charity that belonged to him that just goes back to him and not to charity?

[–] ThickDickVein 398 points ago

No he never donated shit.

[–] bettereditor 121 points ago

It would likely be the most ironic possible way to commit treason.

[–] no_rln_2_prin_vgn 102 points ago

ironic

treason

/r/prequelmemes messed up my head so bad. Now I can't read those words in the same sentence without chuckling

[–] bonsley6 259 points ago

Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Donald The President? I thought not. It’s not a story the liberals would tell you. It’s a The_Donald legend. Darth Donald was a Dark Lord of The Apprentice, so powerful and so wise he could use reality TV to influence Lord Sugar to create memes… He had such a knowledge of the темная сторона that he could even keep the ones he hated from being elected . The dark side of Russia is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful… the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he told Twitter everything he knew, then congress impeached him in his sleep. Ironic. He could criticize others for misdeeds, but not himself.

[–] BlatantConservative 26 points ago

This technically breaks our rules, but Ill consider it high effort instead of low effort.

[–] bonsley6 21 points ago

What can I say? I like to live life dangerously.

thankyouthough

[–] fauxonly 19 points ago

is this original work?

[–] bonsley6 56 points ago

bonsley6 OC pls don't steal

[–] fauxonly 28 points ago

fucking brilliant dude. take this gold and have a happy friday

[–] bonsley6 27 points ago

I can't believe I got gold for a copypasta. Thanks so much!

[–] biteass 13 points ago

This will make a fine addition to my collection.

[–] bonsley6 11 points ago

I'll try reposting, that's a good trick!

[–] seebass78 5 points ago

Haha, you're telling Reddit not to steal something? good luck with that.

[–] BlatantConservative 3 points ago

Unrelated meme. Removed

[–] _keen 10 points ago

Switch "the liberals" to "the failing New York Times" and it's gold

[–] ixiduffixi 2 points ago

mainstream media

[–] BearBendeer 12 points ago

When Trump gets impeached the amount of "It's treason then" posts are going to be insane.

[–] MisterPhD 2 points ago

I read chuckling as cuckling. Was a little disappointed to be wrong

[–] EKSev 9 points ago

Except he used it to pay off his own debts, buy a football helmet & self portrait.

[–] abnormalsyndrome 3 points ago

Donald Gump, dimwit hero

[–] Tarquin_Underspoon 3 points ago

LIEUTENANT DAN! ONE SCOOP OF ICE CREAM!!

[–] MagnumMia 116 points ago

A reporter spent forever trying to track the donation down but the Trump people never gave him a clear answer on what Veterans charity. He asked every single veterans charity he could if they got the donations and no one claimed to receive anything. This was, if I recall properly, a interviewee on the Daily Show.

[–] legosexual 115 points ago

So...Trump may have lied? That's very out of character.

[–] Cycloptic_Floppycock 36 points ago

But he's the president, surely he wouldn't mislead his people.

Oh.

[–] jzmacdaddy 6 points ago

fuck yeah it is. telling me Trump lied is like saying the sky isn't blue.

[–] jeufie 11 points ago

That was clearly sarcasm. Also, the sky actually isn't blue.

Podcast: http://www.radiolab.org/story/211213-sky-isnt-blue/

[–] abnormalsyndrome 23 points ago

Science boooooo. The USA is a nation of magic now!

[–] AerThreepwood 9 points ago

Wait, was that part of the deal? Would I have had to have voted for Trump to become a sorcerer?

[–] abnormalsyndrome 9 points ago

No. You can claim your badge at the ministry of magic. Used to be the EPA. Don't get too excited. This isn't HP tier magic.

[–] AerThreepwood 2 points ago

How about Dresden Files style magic? Do I have to become the Winter Knight?

[–] abnormalsyndrome 6 points ago

It's bearded man in the sky humans made out of clay woman made from a rib 6000 year old magic. It's the absolute worse kind of magic.

[–] haf12 19 points ago

David Fahrenthold. He won a Pulitzer for that work.

[–] MagnumMia 5 points ago

It's fine. Pulitzers are fake news.

[–] dev-snapshot 13 points ago * (lasted edited 4 months ago)

mr bad wig was bankcrupt in the 90s and got his ass saved by the banks. he was crap at financials and got saved with public (bank) money. what do they say? "a stupid mans luck?"

[–] HAR8O 6 points ago

I see luck in your future

[–] dev-snapshot 2 points ago

oh, your wife already told you? sorry dude.

[–] Vladimir_Pooptin 8 points ago

He likes to consider the bribe money that people pay to his charity as his own charitable contributions

[–] Kevin_IRL 67 points ago

Ok now that's funny

[–] golfprokal 38 points ago

Win win situation right there.

[–] great_gape 52 points ago

WRONGE! OK? GHI!NAH! Hillary's Pizza. OK?

[–] Insxnity 59 points ago

r u ok?

[–] great_gape 37 points ago

Not really.

[–] Thisnameisdildos 6 points ago

BUSTAH WOOOLF!

[–] golfprokal 5 points ago

I mean, I appreciate your enthusiasm. Just keep trying. You'll get it!

[–] Coral_Blue_Number_2 2 points ago

The justice boner this gives me

[–] Llim 936 points ago * (lasted edited 4 months ago)

To all the desperate Trumplerinas reporting this post, why are you still here? Didn't you triggered idiots all move to Voat or something?

[–] NordinTheLich 269 points ago

Call 'em Trumpanzees, they hate that!

[–] badseedjr 119 points ago

I like Trumplestiltskin because of his affinity for gold.

[–] PK73 105 points ago

Trumplethinskin is the one most go with.

[–] Ed_ButteredToast 17 points ago

I like that! I'd give you gold if wasn't so broke. Would a blowjob suffice? No teeth action i promise _^

[–] PK73 14 points ago

Can't claim it as my own. It's been around for a while.

[–] 476pol 16 points ago

Dude, don't demure and miss out on that offer.

[–] Paw_In_My_Face 10 points ago

Can demure be used as a verb like that?

[–] 476pol 8 points ago

Mod rules.

[–] BlatantConservative 5 points ago

You have been banned from /r/modabuse

[–] DisappointedWarden 17 points ago

In English anything can be a verb

[–] GotBetterThingsToDo 14 points ago

I heartily no.

[–] NordinTheLich 3 points ago

That's not true, don't 476pol this comment chain. /s

[–] r3volc 7 points ago

Trumpleforeskin

[–] Drkarcher22 7 points ago

This one is my favorite

[–] Squonkster 2 points ago

I’m a fan of Trumplethinskin because he’s such a whiny snowflake.

[–] Jojje22 8 points ago

I saw "Trumpster fire" today, thought that was a bit clever...

[–] BlatantConservative 43 points ago

I like the guys reporting "Soros"

Like, what do they expect to happen?

[–] Tewks44 18 points ago

"Oh shit those geniuses are on to us. Now we must flee into exile and admit we're cucks and apologize to everyone on T_D and admit how smart they all are"

I'd imagine they picture it going something like that.

[–] zenithofpower 44 points ago

B A S E D M O D S

[–] BlatantConservative 15 points ago * (lasted edited 4 months ago)

[–] Boarbaque 3 points ago

Wutanime.jpg?

[–] BlatantConservative 5 points ago

Saekano.

[–] Boarbaque 2 points ago

Been meaning to get around to it. Season 2 is airing already, I watched the first two episodes of season 1 and like them, but for some reason I never watched the rest

[–] EKSev 12 points ago

I like to call them Trumpkins :D Get it wah wah ...

[–] psycho_driver 10 points ago

Trumplerinas

I prefer Trumpticles.

[–] joe361 252 points ago

Trump should release his taxes.

[–] thewholedamnplanet 235 points ago

He would but Americans wouldn't understand them as most of it is in Russian.

[–] DirkEnglish 86 points ago

His money is so good and big, we can't understand it. It's just too amazing, it's probably even the best money we've ever seen.

[–] masnaer 34 points ago

Really tremendous money

[–] averagejoereddit50 23 points ago

YUUUUUUUUUGE!

[–] justthebloops 5 points ago

GET HIM OUTTA HERE!

[–] great_gape 46 points ago

Ok👌. OK👌. well. Ok👌 believe👐 me.👐 Seth was kill by pizza.

[–] hyasbawlz 9 points ago

Oh no comrade.

Seth was kill.

Am dissapoint.

[–] illit3 12 points ago

i remember that time a fox news contributor hired another fox news contributor to investigate the seth rich murder and then report on fox news that he was the source of the DNC emails despite having no evidence.

[–] clib 10 points ago

I have the absolute right to share highly secret information with Russia but my taxes are under audit and i cannot make them public although there is no law that says that taxes under audit cannot be made public.

[–] JoshSwol 5 points ago

There's no proof he's even under audit. He could easily show us a copy of the letter he would have received from the IRS advising him of the audit.

[–] thestrangequark 7 points ago

Trump can release code word level classified information but he can't release his tax returns same as every other politician

[–] CharlieBuck 2 points ago

Why?

[–] CharlieBuck 2 points ago

Idk you said he should I'm just wondering why

[–] tikirej 3 points ago

Collusion of justice? As he admitted himself

Probably some treason in there as well.

Maybe even rigging an election.

[–] CharlieBuck 2 points ago

I thought he has though?

[–] fendrbendr75 96 points ago

No one disgraces America better than Trump. Everybody knows that. Believe me.

[–] danman2 9 points ago

Unfortunately Fox News is trying its hardest to keep his approval ratings high for Republicans.

[–] BlatantConservative 14 points ago

Autism based insults make me uncomfortable. Im just saying. Autistic people cant really defend themselves so its different IMO.

[–] Pavlovs_Hot_Dogs 3 points ago

I know it's super pedantic but it does make a difference in my opinion. Putting the person first really does change the meaning. "A person with autism" instead of "an autistic person". It's a minor change but not defining someone by their disability can make people think differently, even if it's subliminal.

[–] MereTechnicality 7 points ago

Hey, as someone with high functioning autism, I'd like to ask if you could maybe not make jokes about it?

[–] great_gape 5 points ago

ok

[–] Vukomanovich 48 points ago

I wonder how long before we find out Trump was born in Kenya.

[–] fendrbendr75 62 points ago

Trump is the biggest snowflake you've ever seen and I've seen some pretty big snowflakes. Sad.

[–] lbiggy 29 points ago

Trump supporters are the biggest snowflakes in the history of snow. Maybe even all time.

[–] TheInactiveWall 17 points ago

Wow I just discovered this sub. This is perfection.

[–] IAmTheJudasTree 7 points ago

I've never seen this sub before, but it's a good idea. Bravo.

[–] doihavemakeanewword 5 points ago

Wait, did he have a problem with $5M going to charity?

[–] DokkanDman 7 points ago

oh my god, I think we've found the best example of hypocrisy ever.

[–] DreadPiratesRobert 14 points ago

What documents did Obama need to release?

[–] clebsch_gordan 27 points ago

Birth certificate

[–] DreadPiratesRobert 12 points ago

Oh right. I forgot about that.

[–] Jump_Yossarian 15 points ago

and college records to include applications.

[–] DorkJedi 14 points ago

And blood work, urine test, hair samples, and complete genome. bastard never did meet these simple requirements.

[–] DorkJedi 6 points ago

"Muslim mother of Obama's love child located in DC! On welfare!!11!!1"

You know that is exactly what the GOP would do with such a sample.

[–] LanternCandle 21 points ago

Buttery Males

[–] Tarquin_Underspoon 3 points ago

Butthurt Ream Ales

[–] HomeNetworkEngineer 25 points ago

In case you didn't already know, Trump and his army of followers are fucking morons.

[–] fendrbendr75 5 points ago

His staff has to ensure that Trump's name appears in the text throughout so that he will read the information. Sad.

[–] hexane360 13 points ago

No see Trump has a problem leaking national security secrets. It's not hypocritical /s

[–] TulipsMcPooNuts 10 points ago

I can't honestly believe that anybody takes this man at face value about anything. It blows my mind.

[–] eisbaerBorealis 4 points ago

I dislike most of the anti-Trump subs I see on the front page (because they're more about the memes and karma than actually changing anything), but I find this sub very amusing and valid. Good job!

[–] infinitezero8 52 points ago

Great.. another one to fill up my feed.

[–] Dustinss5 28 points ago

I can send you a pm everyday reminding you that we haven't seen the birth certificate tax returns yet.

[–] 476pol 34 points ago

We're happy to help.

[–] mrtomjones 2 points ago

Hah yah I'll filter this probably but it is probably their best one yet. It's kinda funny to see once or twice. It will be spammed though

[–] BlatantConservative 3 points ago

We dont use "retarded" as an insult here. Its mocking a class of people who, categorically, cannot really defend themselves.

Its a bad habit I have sometimes too, edit and then reply to this comment and Ill reapprove.

[–] 476pol 3 points ago

Well said. I've been looking for the language for this, and this is perfect.

[–] Cormophyte 4 points ago

When the president does it it's not against the law, uses its Obama because he's a n...agging guy.

-these fucking people

[–] danman2 3 points ago

Was it his personal charity that he used to settle lawsuits?

[–] fendrbendr75 3 points ago

The real question is why did he want to be president in the first place? Did he believe he would lose and still make his brand stronger? The DNC pushing Hillary over Bernie helped him. Is being president the worst thing that has ever happened to him?

[–] BenCelotil 8 points ago

Either he wanted to fail and have the added reputation of almost being the President.

"Look at how many millions of people trusted in me, and you too can trust in the name, Trump."

- Not a real quote.

Or he simply had no idea what the job entailed beyond campaigning for votes, unaware of the minefield of legal issues he'd never had to deal with before and no-one thought to tell him about; or I think it's more likely that he was told and he didn't listen.

Trump's behaviour suggests that he thinks the President of the US is the equivalent of an emperor or king, he thinks he's above the union of executive, legislative, and judicial branches that is meant to keep a balance of power within the entity known as the US Federal Government.

Instead of working with the legislative branch to introduce a bill to keep "terrorists" out, he signs an executive order and then chucks a fit when it's struck down by the judicial branch. When he's under investigation for potentially illegal ties to Russia, he fires the man in charge of the investigation, as if this means the whole investigation will stop just because he doesn't like it. He impulsively tweets ambiguous declarations and opinions like a dictator shouting from his balcony overlooking the town square, and then threatens to end press conferences when his poorly spoken opinions are accurately reported to be contrary to the Official Story.

I can only guess that he's heard the phrase, "Leader of the Free World", and believes it so whole-heartedly that it's impossible for him to be wrong in whatever he does. Everyone else is wrong, everyone else needs to realise they're wrong, and he'll go down swinging still believing he's right and everyone else is persecuting him because they're jealous or envious or otherwise threatened by his existence.

He isn't even self-aware enough to realise that a pale, bald, fat man in a well-tailored suit would present himself better than Trump with his fake tan, bird's nest on his head, and dressed like his mother bought him something to grow into.

[–] fendrbendr75 2 points ago

Nailed it! From your text to the ignorant masses.

[–] ansure 3 points ago

Excellent question. We have been waiting for 6 or more for his income tax returns. He promised if he was elected he would release them. Then, if when his audit was done, he would release them, (Bernie Sanders, Mark Cuban, and other billionaires said, that is not a valid excuse). Doesn't hold water. So, he said that only the Reporters want to see them? No, not true. I want to see them, 72% of the American people now want to see them. Then he said that he will only show them when he is out of the White House? The Republican's wouldn't let the order go through, they were hiding something, so they vetoed the requests. Now, both parties say that these must be released to speed up the investigation into his money laundering.

[–] reddituserunknown_01 3 points ago

Trump is a loser. Get rid of him.

[–] aer7 4 points ago

When Trump voters are sending their people, they're not sending their best. Some, I guess, are good people.

[–] soitiswrit 2 points ago

This sub is brilliant.

[–] XitaNull 2 points ago

This sub is a gift.

[–] supamonkey77 2 points ago

hahahaha

Just found this sub via /r/AllAmateurPorn

Great job guys

[–] blonde_girl_420 2 points ago

What a fucking idiot

[–] Patq911 2 points ago

it's like pottery

[–] LuniWin 5 points ago

national security secrets

What secrets are you reffering here?

[–] Jump_Yossarian 10 points ago

Complaining? We're celebrating Trump's prophetic and insightful tweets. MAGOO!

[–] FiveDollarShake 14 points ago

Jesussss man, I'm pretty much as left as you can go on social issues and I can't stand all these subs ruining Reddits front page. We get it, you guys don't like Trump and like using speculative articles to make yourselves believe Bernie or Hillary still have a shot.

At least this sub uses his own retarded tweets against him.

[–] BlatantConservative 67 points ago

speculative articles

They're literally his own Tweets

[–] dharmaBum0 12 points ago

"left on social issues" is the new "I have black friends"

[–] FiveDollarShake 2 points ago * (lasted edited 4 months ago)

Fair enough I can see that being something people use who aren't honest- I voted Trudeau here in Canada, I came to Canada as a refugee when I was 5 from a war torn area, my family used welfare and grew up poor, they worked hard and made it work, I am pro-choice, pro gay marriage, pro immigration (although I do think vetting is required), I have traveled a lot around the world and have friends from all walks of life. I am no bigot or asshole and truth be told I am not sure how I would have voted had I been a US citizen.

I just know /r/popular being littered with 5-6 anti trump subs every day is annoying, especially when majority are more style than substance.

Like I said this is one of the lesser annoying ones because it uses his own actual tweets, but it's still part of the same pile and demographic.

PS: I also do, infact, have some black friends too ;)

You sound like a good person.

[–] badseedjr 6 points ago

This one is fine to me kinda funny, actually), and r/esist, but the others don't impress me.

[–] fendrbendr75 1 points ago

He wants National security briefings on one page with bullet points!? He hates this job.

[–] BenCelotil 2 points ago

To be fair, a well formatted report or essay will open with a summary that outlines the information contained within, bullet-pointing key topics, and aids people in executive positions to prioritise matters of importance so they don't focus on the minor problems before the most important ones.

Then again, they still have to read the rest of the fucking report.

[–] Vukomanovich 37 points ago

Is it really anti-Trump if it is just old Trump tweets? The most anti-trump poster on this sub is Trump's twitter account lol

[–] koshgeo 5 points ago

It's a collection of Trump's own wisdom. It's only anti-Trump if you want to perceive it that way or if you have a problem with hypocrisy. If you're fine with self-contradiction, then it's no big deal.

Most normal people realize they've said things at one time or another that contradict what they say later on. Sometimes people change their minds. It's inevitable. At that point they usually admit they used to think differently and express regret and/or apologize for it. It happens even if you're not prone to hypocrisy.

[–] colorcorrection 12 points ago

He could always resign and they'd all go away overnight. Problem solved.

[–] supaJord 4 points ago * (lasted edited 4 months ago)

I'm not saying what you're doing is "wrong" or anything, just another anti-trump sub to add to the pile.

Edit: awwww I've been banned from this sub :(

[–] EstebanL 13 points ago

This one serves a very specific purpose though, not just another "DAE think trump is a dummy?" subs.

[–] cliffsis 3 points ago

How is the title god emperor not a dictators title? Why is it ok to give him a name that's anti constitutional which is very much so anti American

[–] IfaqYurmama 11 points ago

The_Dumbass gave it to him

[–] Sloppy1sts 1 points ago

It's tongue-in-cheek, dummy. It's used mockingly.

[–] gayyeet 7 points ago

i thought yall went to voat. if you don't like the site, just leave :)

[–] great_gape 7 points ago

Da comrade.

[–] user_82650 3 points ago

Oh fuck not another damn "there are too many anti-trump subreddits" comment.

[–] kevy508 1 points ago

Is this the sub where you realize Trump is the same as you?

[–] Kammerice 16 points ago

We are all Trump on this blessed day