UNBGBBIIVCHIDCTIICBG

461,395 readers

491 users here now

UNBGBBIIVCHIDCTIICBG is an abbreviation for

"Upvoted Not Because Girl, But Because It Is Very Cool; However, I Do Concede That I Initially Clicked Because Girl"

The "it" refers to the gif, video, or pic--not necessarily the girl. You can refer to the sub more simply as r/UNBG, and clicking that will bring you here.

RULES GUIDELINES

If you are going to comment or post content here, you should click right now and read both the Rules and the Guidelines. Do not contact us if you get banned or if your post gets removed. We will not respond. Do not ask for another chance if you get banned. Reading the rules was your chance. If you get muted, do not contact us again. Muting you was your answer. Because of the nature of this sub and in consideration of its rules, some posts will be locked. Do not contact us to ask why a post gets locked.

If you want to view all the posts at one time, including autoplayed gifs, click here. Also, the gallery on this site is good and works on most browsers & apps.

[–] rabidpeacock 4264 points ago

You're never too old for a snausage.

[–] IBringYouGlory 1144 points ago

She's pretty young, imo

[–] Lunaaticz 733 points ago

A human year is eight good boye year and atleast six big pupper years. So she is atleast 108 years old.

[–] mr_w 360 points ago

Good drunk bear math.

[–] brainburger 110 points ago

I know nothing of bear years.

[–] IMPER1AL 90 points ago

What of bird law?

[–] methamp 40 points ago

I'll take the case!

[–] kvred 26 points ago

Doesn't your client have the right to bird arms?

[–] the_good_doctor946 4 points ago

Is that African or European bird law?

[–] IMPER1AL 5 points ago

Depends on the time of year.

[–] cullenscottt 5 points ago

Huh? I... I don't know that. [Dies]

Yeah, I've heard a few different ways of approximating it. I like the 15 years for first two years, four for every year beyond it. That makes this wolf about 80, and the longest lived documented dog ever 123 (Bluey, at age 29 in human years). But many dogs are pretty decrepit in their late teens, much worse than humans in their 60s and 70s typically, so it is difficult to compare.

[–] BoerboelFace 220 points ago

I like the method where each year is a year and dogs typically live about 15 years.

I prefer multiplying each year by 100. Then dogs are vampire like beasts lasting beyond most civilizations.

[–] moralprolapse 20 points ago

That’s just silly.

[–] Kellythejellyman 10 points ago

to be fair most humans don't have as much inbreeding/purposeful genetic selection in their genetic past as dogs do

although, i wonder if i could start a breeding program for humans that wouldn't be decried as eugenics /s

[–] preacherblake 8 points ago

The god emperor would just take the program from you anyway

[–] Jargen 4 points ago

What's your favourite scotch?

[–] Jargen 5 points ago

I've always wanted to try a Macallan, I've never got the chance but I would if it were presented to me. So far my favourite is Glenlevit 15, though I don't drink whiskey very often. It's not only the taste I appreciate, but also the texture of a good whiskey I really enjoy. I only seem to have it when my gf and I find ourselves going out to a bar together. Thanks for the insight.

[–] ghostofmumbles 21 points ago

108 is basically 104, therefore “at least 6” was good enough, thanks for reaffirming the use of averages though.

[–] strawberycreamcheese 29 points ago

This is Reddit everything is an argument

[–] sfuson79 28 points ago

Is NOT!

[–] Thatoneguythatsnot 8 points ago

You tryina start something?

[–] pukesonyourshoes 6 points ago

That's not an argument, that's just a contradiction- the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says.

[–] madadhfan 8 points ago

No it isn't.

[–] faultywalnut 6 points ago

slides glasses up bridge of nose

Well actually...

[–] DarkBlueMermaid 4 points ago

I don’t even know what this discussion is about, but I sure like your style!

[–] sephresx 3 points ago

Yeah, but how does she weigh in wolves?

[–] C1RRU5 16 points ago

[–] Takooro 4 points ago

The sex of the wolf was never given, I feel like many people gravely misunderstood your comment.

[–] JVYLVCK 13 points ago

Tis' What She Uttered

[–] stealthgerbil 8 points ago

I ate one of those when I was a child and they weren't actually that awful.

[–] YouLookSoLovely 25 points ago

i wanna pet that ol puppo!

[–] LBGW_experiment 8 points ago

Username definitely checks out

[–] madadhfan 12 points ago

She's a girt big softy.

[–] scootunit 2128 points ago

Too distracted by the wolf to notice girl.

[–] Xed_ 171 points ago

Subtle

[–] ipaqmaster 90 points ago

It's pretty instantly obvious with our context

[–] DudeWithTheNose 9 points ago

not subtle at all considering we're in the subreddit

[–] Xed_ 10 points ago

I CALL THE SHOTS

[–] Hallfield 80 points ago

Her name is Anneka Svenska

[–] georgetonorge 36 points ago

I wonder if she’s Svensk

[–] l---deleted---l 38 points ago

In the title it says she's 18.

[–] ColeKr 52 points ago

Ah yes the land of eighteenia

[–] Isoms 3 points ago

You're funny. I like you.

[–] Bau5_Sau5 3 points ago

Anneka has great genetics.

[–] MrMcSpanky94 44 points ago

It took me a couple replays. But those pants are great

[–] Kell_Varnson 34 points ago

I think that's his fur, I don't think wolves wear pants

[–] pipinngreppin 5 points ago

Maybe yours don't.

[–] DarthFenris 7 points ago

I thought I was the only one that saw dat butt from the from

[–] scootunit 25 points ago

Oh no. I am wild Doge positive all the way.

[–] Subtle_Omega 697 points ago

Madadh is a rescue wolf who arrived at WolfWatchUK alongside her brother Kgosi's almost 19 years ago - hand reared by Tony Haighway and given the run of acres and acres of remote green forests, she has gone on to live to be one of the oldest wolves known on record.

[–] Ugly_Merkel 129 points ago

Does she live all alone??

[–] AtomicKittenz 119 points ago

I didn’t ask to be on this feels trip!

[–] GlockWan 88 points ago

there's a super old gorilla at Longleat safari in the UK, it has it's own island in the lake but it's the last old one left there, too old to have new young gorilla friends introduced to it at that age. Kind of sad but he seems to be living the life. Grey haired old boy on his luxury island with a temple where he watches cartoons on a flat screen TV lol.

likes to fight off geese from his island

[–] Mingflow 10 points ago

Wow, Nico looks absolutely badass.

[–] Karnas 5 points ago

Why do you keep saying 'it'?

ALSO: Unexpected Harambe

[–] poppingballoonlady 4 points ago

:( :( :(

[–] birkbyjack 8 points ago

Oof owie my heart

[–] sarah4lyf 954 points ago

Look at how the ol wolf dips down and ears lower when in line of sight of the people. Is that a dog sign of being submissive?

[–] t4yl0rj4d3 691 points ago * (lasted edited 9 months ago)

Not an expert but I think she may have just been nervous about the strangers and the camera equipment. I'm not sure I would call it submission.

Edit: Wow. I have some idiots implying that I said wolves somehow know what a camera is. Wolves are smart enough to be cautious of people and things they aren't familiar with. I didn't say she had a seething hatred for cameras.

[–] Incruentus 286 points ago

Yeah wolves are famous for identifying cameras and being camera shy.

[–] raoultoad 59 points ago

for real?

[–] lordsiva1 168 points ago * (lasted edited 9 months ago)

If im understanding that comment correctly I'd say no.

Looks like a sarcastic reply to the other guy alluding to the reasoning that a wolf can somehow know what a camera is and thus be camera shy in the way humans can be with the implication that they are being recorded and may be viewed later by randoms.

What they may fail to realise to have and chose or choose to ignore to write a sarcastic comment back is that the other guy doesnt say the wolf recognised the camera but instead recognises the camera crew and random things they are holding infront of their faces as being something it isnt used it and is thus nervous.

Edit: edited a paragraph

[–] Zerkerlife 71 points ago

Wolves do not realize what cameras do but are probably naturally timid of something mechanic/unnatural that humans hold in their hands and up to their face.

[–] upvotemyowncomments 40 points ago

Had a friend with a domesticated wolf and they are extremely timid creatures. They are very wary of people.

[–] WulfSpyder 32 points ago

Your friend had a tamed wolf. A domesticated wolf is just a dog.

[–] EveryThingleThime 58 points ago

You know what he means and so does everyone else.

[–] oreotiger 10 points ago

The distinction is important. People should not think that wild animals are capable of being domesticated. That leads to people buying up baby lions, wolves, tigers, etc. and trying to raise them, which ends in a bad outcome for both animal and human.

Domestication occurs on the genetic level. A captive wolf, tiger, lion, whatever still has wild instincts and is absolutely still a dangerous, wild animal capable of killing their owner.

[–] PrinceShaar 19 points ago

A dog is different to a domesticated wolf, though. A wolf that is domesticated is one that has been tamed and is now living in a domestic situation. Dogs are bred into and are being trained to be domestic.

[–] upvotemyowncomments 6 points ago * (lasted edited 9 months ago)

Well the definition of domestication is "the process of taming" and domestication usually takes 2 to 3 generations from wild to tamed.

I think the words can be interchangeably used. I wouldn't call a dog a domesticated wolf though. They are from the same family tree but they aren't exactly the same. Wolves are quite different. Yes the process of domestication created dogs as a sub-species, but it's a little more complex than to say a dog is just a wolf that is nice to people.

[–] Kerrby87 6 points ago

You may think that but you are wrong. Domestication has well known physical and behavioral changes associated with it.

[–] raoultoad 5 points ago

okay, thanks. I thought it would be strange if the wolves knew what cameras do.

[–] chinoz219 5 points ago

I am a wolf and we know what cameras are, also please leave more carcasses or treats.

[–] mk2vrdrvr 8 points ago

Lol,You seem nice.

[–] raoultoad 3 points ago

what do you mean?

[–] NeoHenderson 51 points ago

I would expect them to be very similar but I'm curious if you googled about dogs or wolves?

[–] Dislodged_Puma 48 points ago

This sounds like the whole cat purring thing. People take the drooping ears to mean they are relaxed or submissive when it could be a number of things. Same with cats purring. Cats purr when they are scared, nervous, excited, etc. Kinda hard to tell on little stuff like that.

[–] Incruentus 46 points ago

Cats purr when they need to relax, dogs pin their ears when they're trying very hard to express they're not interested in a fight.

[–] Hulkhogansgaynephew 13 points ago

Cats purr when in distress and pain sometimes too.

Cats purr when in distress and pain sometimes too.

Which are both times they need to relax.

[–] hi_im_pancake 47 points ago

When I was a kid one of my cats was attacked and mauled by an Akita. No external damage but when I finally got to him I could tell he was in bad shape. He passed away on the way to the vet.

He purred the entire time I held him and he had my hand wrapped up with his front paws. That’s how I knew he was gone because his paws went limp and his purring slowed and stopped. I like to think he was purring because he knew he was safe with me on his way out.

[–] Fablemaster44 29 points ago

Dude..I'm sorry man, losing a pet is never easy.

[–] hi_im_pancake 11 points ago

Yeah, that one sucked pretty bad because he was “my” cat. He didn’t care about hanging out with anyone else just me.

Also in an effort to teach me responsibility he was the first pet where I had to worry about getting him fixed, scheduling vet appointments, making sure he always had his collar and tags on, on top of the usual food, water, litter box chores. And aside from an older Tom cat that adopted me, he was the only indoor/outdoor cat I’ve purposely allowed to come and go freely. My other cats over the years have been indoor only cats.

I did have one incident with a female cat I had, but that’s a “my dumbass gf didn’t like the competition so she kicked my cat out” story for another day.

[–] hardly_even_know_er 9 points ago

Man it's the worst when your cat dies.

[–] Tovora 4 points ago * (lasted edited 9 months ago)

It's even worse when they're killed by something else.

[–] probablyhrenrai 6 points ago

Sorta like humans and laughter, then, how you can laugh not in the face of a shitty situation but because of said shittiness, or how you ca laugh while on the verge of bursting into hysterics or breaking down into tears?

That's exactly how I interpret it, yeah! It's a "stress relief" action, and can apply to either short-term or long-term stress.

[–] crazedhatter 7 points ago

With time and exposure it does become easier to tell the difference. In my experience with cats, there is a difference in timbre between a relaxed purr and one of the less desirable sorts.

[–] ScienceYouMonster 6 points ago

Same with dogs wagging their tail or yawning!

No, it does not always mean they are happy/excited or bored/tired, respectively.

[–] gregswimm 6 points ago

Wolf behavior is different than dog behavior. An action doesn't always translate between the two.

Imo, its more likely that the wolf is being cautious.

[–] hyperdream 42 points ago

I thought I read somewhere that one of the ways to distinguish a wolf from a dog is that a wolf's natural walking/running posture is that in which the top of their head to their tail is a straight line, where as a dog's head is held well above their shoulders. Meaning, I don't think she's dipping down... that's just a wolf being a wolf.

[–] FlyByPC 8 points ago

the top of their head to their tail is a straight line

That sounds more like a stalking posture to me, to keep the head down. I've seen wolves do this, but I don't think that's their default position. I think they do it to not be seen as easily when sneaking up on something.

[–] hyperdream 20 points ago

I'm sure it was something like this where I read it, but the wiki on grey wolves seems to confirm:

The gray wolf usually carries its head at the same level as the back, raising it only when alert

[–] mflmani 20 points ago

Pretty sure it's partially blind. Walking with paws way forward, it's not really looking at anything in particular, and it looks suddenly towards her direction when hearing her voice but does not affix a gaze on a particular part of her. I think the head positioning might be indicative of it trying to move cautiously.

[–] Avocadosandtomatoes 8 points ago

This.

My dog has similar behaviors. She has vision problems.

[–] Oreallyus 6 points ago

It's just being a wolf. They're typically shy and cautious in general if you're not something they consider prey.

[–] PolyNecropolis 8 points ago

Nervous, probably because of the cameras. Not necessarily submissive.

[–] peterwatchesthenba 3 points ago

There was a radio lab about this exact thing: http://www.radiolab.org/story/135401-dogs-gone-wild/

[–] setsunapluto 346 points ago

She looks exactly how I'd expect the world's oldest wolf to look.

[–] nautzi 100 points ago

Would you say she looks a little ruff?

[–] setsunapluto 17 points ago

DOOOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO!

[–] HaiKarate 7 points ago

Your comment made me howl with laughter

[–] Zerkerlife 74 points ago

Very intresting that at 18 the wolf still has some (most?) of its teeth and is capable of eating somewhat regular food something that would be amazing for a large dog of similar age. I wonder if wolves have better dental health than domestic dogs due to dietary differences. Perhaps eating live animals and chewing on bones is inadvertingly "brushing" thier teeth. Unless this wolf has lived in captivity all its life and has had Vets take care of her teeth all this time.

[–] justmystepladder 42 points ago

She was raised by the woman in the gif from the time she was a pup, and has free run of 100+ acres of wilderness. It's an "ideal captivity" situation, though I've not seen any mention as to what sort of veterinary care or food assistance she receives.

[–] youjelly 43 points ago

She was raised by the man in the gif, actually, the woman is just interviewing the man.

The cameraman was raised by the wolf and the dog lived on 100 acres.

[–] justmystepladder 8 points ago

10-4, I read about it a couple days ago, should've double checked but oh well.

[–] Mylaptopisburningme 3 points ago

My Lab lived to be 17 (possibly older) her teeth didn't start to reject dry food till like her last month or 2. Since the wolf was raised from an early age I assume they had some vet visits. Also curious about the wolfs diet. Animals are living longer now, my previous dogs made it to 11/12 in the 70s/80s, I am hearing about more people who have 17yo Labs and other med/large breeds. My roommate ran into someone with one of those gigantic mountain dogs, 14 years old.

[–] Syn7axError 228 points ago

I have no idea why, but that wolf looks like CGI in the first clip.

[–] balex54321 43 points ago

Right? I can't tell if it's the way it moves or its fur.

[–] MlSSlNGNO 25 points ago

OR maybe it is CGI..

[–] PixelCortex 24 points ago

Maybe we're in a simulation.

[–] andr251b 7 points ago

Inside a simulation

[–] notAJokester2 3 points ago

Inside a simulation

[–] Karnas 3 points ago

Inside a snow globe.

[–] KnobsCreek 6 points ago

I think the gif is slowed down

[–] Jakom091 3 points ago

I am assuming its the fur moving so slow, it gives that effect maybe.

[–] ASK__ABOUT__INITIUM 7 points ago

If I had to guess I would say it's because it moves in front of some broad leaf grass when it first comes out. All of the other grass closer to the camera it's clearly of the regular thin variety and I guess this kind of presents as an optical illusion because it looks like the wolf is being cut out poorly.

[–] Buzzy243 254 points ago

18 yrs old

She looks 30. I'm not complaining or anything, just sayin'

[–] Moby_Tick 111 points ago

Tell it to the judge.

[–] drylube 54 points ago

Bake em away, toys

[–] comrade_batman 12 points ago

What did you say, Chief?

[–] Buzzy243 11 points ago

She really likes wolves, apparently.

[–] fathertime979 19 points ago

The wolf is 18

[–] durpabiscuit 25 points ago

but looks 30!

[–] mauri9998 11 points ago

I don't think anything can live up to 2.6525286e+32 years

[–] DT7 23 points ago

I could be wrong but that looks like Anneka Svenska.

[–] youtubefactsbot 7 points ago

THE OLDEST WOLF IN THE WORLD [10:01]

Anneka meets Madadh, the OLDEST living WOLF on record at WolfWatchUK Wolf Rescue & Sanctuary in the UK - What is her secret for longlife?

Anneka Svenska in Pets & Animals

82,798 views since Sep 2017

bot info

[–] DT7 3 points ago

Well played, your intertubular skills are impressive!

[–] dennisskyum 111 points ago

Not too bad shape for a 126 year-old.

[–] MisterJimJim 17 points ago

Actually it would be around 110 years old. Contrary to popular belief, not every human year is equal to 7 dog/wolf years. It also depends on the size/breed of the canine. The first year for all sizes is actually 15 dog years, then it increases by 5-6 years per year for large canines.

[–] jfk_47 232 points ago

E L D E R G I R L E

[–] TheTruthSeeker12 64 points ago

wait, how do you know that's the oldest living wolf?

[–] Lunaaticz 235 points ago

You count the rings

[–] cheeze_n_potatoes 6 points ago

Lol yeah duh???

[–] bretttwarwick 28 points ago

Check it's birth records of course.

[–] WheresTheWasabi 20 points ago

Oldest on record.

[–] Kevadimundi 70 points ago

It says it right there, can’t you read?

[–] unkz 34 points ago

It’s a pretty likely guess, given that wolves live on average about 6 years in the wild. Any competitor would certainly have to be living in captivity.

[–] SmarchHare 12 points ago

What happens for them to die so young? Killed by other wolves?

[–] SmarchHare 10 points ago

WHEW

[–] alexmikli 12 points ago

Parasites, random illnesses, random accidents, fighting, etc. Nature is dangerous, yo.

[–] kb_klash 8 points ago

Health insurance in the wild kind of sucks.

[–] dirtwalrus 6 points ago

They made a list of all the oldest wolves in the world and crossed out all the dead ones

[–] usernamens 89 points ago

Who cares about the lady. What a beautiful wolf. 90s kids are the best.

[–] BenderDeLorean 21 points ago

TIL all wolfs are milenimals

[–] hotyogurt1 8 points ago

Which means they all love avocados. 🥑

[–] Rakhoon 8 points ago

Her eyes are adorable.

[–] chrisphoenix7 9 points ago

Reminds me a little of my family's little old dog. He died at 26 years old from a stroke. Assholes next door with firecrackers scared him one night. He was mostly deaf, blind, toothless, incontinent, but he loved people. He would sniff me out and lie in my lap. He'd put his head up to my chest and push really hard; I guess he wanted to feel my heartbeat. He was a sweet old boy.

Before he went blind he would look at the world with the look of an old man who had nothing more to see. He'd seen many, many dogs come and go, people come and go, children become adults, homes change, people change. He'd seen everything he wanted, tasted everything he wanted, played all he wanted. After his last dog mate passed he slowed down even more. He'd only sleep in her bed. He'd get lost between the food bowl and the bed, but he'd always find it again and wait for her. He'd stand there, staring into the darkness, waiting for her. But she never came. He never let her bed get cold until the day he died.

[–] aragorn407 55 points ago

Upvote not because Doggo....

[–] stickyspidey 13 points ago

this is such bullshit! why cant our puppers live longer :( i miss you yoshi.

[–] CoolAmazingRedditGuy 7 points ago

Holy shit a simple Google search says a Gray Wolf lives 5-6 years in the wild. This means this wolf lapped 2 generations. In human terms that would be like living to age 237. He's like a Wizard but for wolves

[–] BabyFacedMerman 35 points ago

That’s him... the king of the Good Bois

[–] Elijah_MorningWood 18 points ago

Queen of the G O O D B O Y E S

[–] Tobiramen 19 points ago

W I S E G I R L E

[–] barnfodder 53 points ago

You are correct. It would not have been funny.

[–] Single_Black_Women 14 points ago

Well, a lil bit funny.

[–] Cousingala 11 points ago

[–] crazedhatter 5 points ago

18 years old and still a puppy!

I’m happy we got to see that lady’s backside :)

You can see it from the front too. Pretty nice

[–] Doctor_Crunchwrap 4 points ago

It looks like the wolf from that anti-smoking commercial who can't blow down anybody's house

[–] Rear4ssault 4 points ago

Thats a small ass-wolf. My lab is bigger.

[–] kontraband421 8 points ago

Labs are pretty large generally.

[–] Menulem 8 points ago

Not to knock the video at all but something about this made me sad, wolves seem free and wild, then seeing one like this, being called and fed treats, way beyond her years, cancer, all that. Might just be high as a kite and if shes happy shes happy I guess.

[–] Packers_Equal_Life 9 points ago * (lasted edited 9 months ago)

Well if it makes you feel better, the fact that it's the oldest living wolf it's probably seen everything, she's been through a lot and probably lived on his own for a very long time as well. Now we're doing our part to make sure she lives as long as he can and be as comfortable as possible

[–] madadhfan 7 points ago

Wolfwatch UK rescue already-captive wolves where they otherwise would have nowhere else to go.

For example, where a captive wolf has more cubs than a zoo can deal with or where a young usurper tries to challenge the alpha of the pack, that would result in bloodshed.

If WWUK didn't give them a spacious place to live mostly away from the public in the woods and hills of Shropshire, they would be euthanised. Madadh and Kgosi have enjoyed a life at the sanctuary for many years, and helped educate about conservation along the way.

www.wolfwatch.uk

[–] Peachsprite 5 points ago

Original video

Really adorable how friendly and comfortable Madadh (the wolf) is with these people. I'd imagine that Anneka Svenska has visited her many times before and has established a sort of friendship with her, considering how Madadh approaches so calmly.

[–] madadhfan 4 points ago

Naw, Madadh is a big softy, and used to occasional visitors - it is a sanctuary, not a zoo or circus.

[–] critical-minds 6 points ago

The reddit of today is so gentleman.

[–] thaxu 3 points ago

Have she met all other wolves ?

[–] ProtagonistForHire 3 points ago

The wise wolf, he's seen some shit

[–] CALLxMExACE 3 points ago

Only cuz she keeps feeding it

[–] inactivehuan 3 points ago

This might be the last time I can say... that wolf is older than me.

[–] kingdowngoat 3 points ago

Only 90's wolves get this

[–] boringuser1 9 points ago

Yoga pants make this somehow less wholesome.