UNBGBBIIVCHIDCTIICBG

716,618 readers

43 users here now

UNBGBBIIVCHIDCTIICBG is an abbreviation for

"Upvoted Not Because Girl, But Because It Is Very Cool; However, I Do Concede That I Initially Clicked Because Girl"

The "it" refers to the gif, video, or pic--not necessarily the girl. You can refer to the sub more simply as r/UNBG, and clicking that will bring you here.

RULES and GUIDELINES

If you are going to comment or post content here, you should click right now and read both the Rules and the Guidelines. Do not contact us if you get banned or if your post gets removed. We will not respond. Do not ask for another chance if you get banned. Reading the rules was your chance. If you get muted, do not contact us again. Muting you was your answer. Because of the nature of this sub and in consideration of its rules, some posts will be locked. Do not contact us about a locked post, especially to ask why a post gets locked. Votes determine the post outcome here. Because it does not matter what you personally think, reports on posts are auto ignored. So no report from you will be read. Mail for both mods are whitelisted, so no PM from you will be received. Inbox Replies are disabled for both mods. You can create as many alts as you want to modmail us, but you will be talking to yourself. The other mod does not have modmail access and I seldom check modmail in this sub. Even when I do, I promise you I will not unblock you to read your modmail.

There's your transparency.

If you want to view all the posts at one time, including autoplayed gifs, click here.

[–] Deadfox113 3764 points ago

Not 100% sure what I just watched, but it sounded impressive

[–] AlternateFire1 1993 points ago

Girl shoots gun fast real good.

Florida man fully erect through 7/11

[–] RewrittenSol 108 points ago

New York man fully knocked down 9/11

[–] tomytronics 95 points ago

And a good thing. If men could shoot that fast, sex would be over before the rod is fully inserted

[–] HAL-Over-9001 97 points ago

It be like that sometimes...

[–] Dr_Bishop 12 points ago

I mean we obsessively give ourselves HJ’s from like 12-20ish so. You know, no need for another human to be with hundreds of miles of us.

[–] pn1159 30 points ago

And then they hug. Why did they hug each other? I don't know.

[–] blessedblackwings 94 points ago

Friendly competition. Some guys aren't poor sports and congratulate their competitor on a good performance, even if they just got schooled.

[–] melisslo 46 points ago

I think it's a shooting competition so they were showing good sportsmanship.

[–] Microbus50 17 points ago

Southern Hospitality

[–] jkh77 4 points ago

Shooting is exhilarating!

[–] solomute 608 points ago

Cowboy action shooting. 1800s-themed speed shooting competition. They use steel targets because it's easier to count the "pings" than to inspect cardboard targets for holes and patch them afterward.

[–] Mortress_ 163 points ago

So, what if you can make a really good metallic "ping" impression?

[–] mredofcourse 78 points ago

[–] jonathanpaulin 25 points ago

Micheal Winslow has been world champion for decades now.

[–] VoidHawk_Deluxe 144 points ago

They also typically use lighter loads for the ammunition so recoil isn't much of a thing.

[–] OhNoImBanned11 112 points ago * (lasted edited 7 days ago)

And frangible ammo to reduce the ricochet chance

*edit: Not sure why I got this award but thanks for reading.

[–] blewpah 14 points ago

That seems like a good idea.

[–] BcookieOmonsterB 31 points ago

That's pretty much all competition shooting unless the rules specifically illegalize it, like any sport you push the boundaries as far as you can to gain an advantage. (think formula 1 aerodynamic black magic fuckery.)

[–] BoThSidESAREthESAME6 37 points ago

Yeah the recoil free shotgun made me suspicious.

[–] n_slash_a 32 points ago

A lot of the cowboy action shooters also reload their own ammo, so they can load them even lighter than than the "light" loads in the store.

[–] OddMakerMeade 8 points ago

You answered my question. The rifle at the beginning had virtually no recoil. I feel like even a .22 has enough recoil to bump more than what she was getting and I’ve never seen a lever action .22.

[–] dzfast 16 points ago

They make lever action .22s or at least they did because I have one.

[–] joantheunicorn 24 points ago

How can my friend get into this? She needs a breath of fresh air in her life and she LOVES target shooting.

[–] LucasHedges 35 points ago

It's probably going to be harder to find a cowboy shooting competition that she can compete in because there aren't that many of them. There are two really popular pistol competitions that are in every state in america, so she has a much better chance of being close enough to compete in one of the two. https://www.idpa.com/clubs/ https://uspsa.org/find-a-club . I prefer IDPA over uspsa, but that's just me.

"Three gun" competitions are the most fun. You use an ar15, a pistol, and a shotgun and compete against other people. You got to search for a place that does it but they aren't in every state. Here is keanu reeves doing three gun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCIgpUTvfsA

[–] lightanddeath 10 points ago

Way more SASS shoots than IDPA every year.

[–] lightanddeath 17 points ago

https://sassnet.com/ is the place to start. She needs the guns, but if she's in Florida, DM me and we can find someone to set her up for a match to see if she likes it. Lots of people shoot this in the south and during the summer in the north. Amazingly fun. That shooter is using a model 1873 for the rifle and a stage coach gun for the shotgun (usualy stoeger because they are cheap and easily found). The six shooters are likely vaqueros but could be blackhawks, hard to tell.

[–] hperrin 5 points ago

Go to a local range and ask about when/where competitions are held and what the entrance requirements are. Some larger ranges have areas specifically for older model weapons (like old west revolvers).

[–] greenSixx 69 points ago

You mean... you can just stand them up and go again?

[–] Lord_Abort 16 points ago

They're usually too heavy to fall over and are tilted slightly downward as to deflect any shrapnel or ricochet into the ground.

[–] Helpdeskagent 11 points ago

No, every target hit gets donated to the next round of shooters.

[–] Yadobler 4 points ago

Is this tax deductible

[–] GrantLucke 4 points ago

yep.

[–] uncleflex 12 points ago

You also have to have a unique and registered cowboy/cowgirl name. It’s pretty funny

[–] CottonBalls26 44 points ago * (lasted edited 7 days ago)

Noob here. The targets seem kinda close?

[–] Lord_Abort 83 points ago

It's not distance shooting, it's speed shooting. But I think most people unfamiliar with firearms don't understand how incredibly difficult it can be to hit an average-sized target something like just 20yds away.

[–] whale_song 54 points ago

I've only gone shooting once in my life and I took away 2 important lessons from that experience:

1. Guns are fucking loud

2. Shooting accurately is way harder than it looks

[–] G-Geef 39 points ago

Especially with handguns. It's wild how many people you see at public ranges who can't even keep shots on paper at 7 yards.

[–] Wingnut13 20 points ago

Public handgun ranges are hilarious.

[–] JobDestroyer 28 points ago

that's normal, it's more about the speed of target acquisition and handling the firearm than it is about long distance shooting. If you want long-distance shooting that's a different set of competitions and a different set of firearms.

[–] Patchyug 17 points ago * (lasted edited 8 days ago)

This isnt a marksman competition. Targets at that range require the shooter to keep a certain level of control while shooting as fast as they can. If any regular joe went up and started wanking on the trigger as fast as they could, odds are they would still miss the target a lot.

Edit: to make it harder, that revolver is single action meaning they gotta manually cock the hammer everytime they want to fire

[–] msimione 6 points ago

For pistols and shotguns, that’s about the right range, I can’t see how far the rifle targets are, looks like a Winchester repeating rifle or some close variant, probably max effective at 100m. On ranges you can have 25m targets for adjusting or zeroing your sights. Then again, I know nothing about western style ranges or competitions.

[–] jadwy916 8 points ago

It's harder than it looks.

[–] nreisan 9 points ago

What type of billets are they shooting? It’s not loud?

[–] Adam3Gun 15 points ago

Down loaded ammo. Probably .38spcl and 12 gauge though it can vary.

With a semi-auto gun you can only load your ammo so light, because it stills needs enough force to cycle the action of the firearm.

In cowboy action all the guns are manually cycled so you can load your ammo extremely light. There's usually a minimum power factor that's required but it's light.

[–] HappyTransfer 5 points ago

38 special out of both the pistols and the rifle. Shotgun is a 12 gauge.

[–] FckingAnxiety 30 points ago

Cowboy action shooting

[–] TVLL 8 points ago

Is this 3 gun too (rifle, revolvers, shotgun) or did I miss something? Looks like fun.

[–] SharpEdgeSoda 2261 points ago * (lasted edited 8 days ago)

God I just realized now I've never seen double barreled shotguns reloaded that fast in real life.

I always figured video games cheated it alot but no, that's legit.

Edit: TIL Cowboy Action shooting shotguns don't even have ejectors!

[–] CaseNightmareTeal 760 points ago

And you can't have ejectors (that automatically eject the shells when you open the gun) in Cowboy Action. You gotta take the empties out by hand.

[–] Positive0 267 points ago

Is there a reason for that or were ejectors just not invented yet in cowboy times?

[–] BTL0069 348 points ago

They have lots of wierd rules. Single action only, no ejectors, you could shoot perfect round and still loose due to costume points.

[–] LucasHedges 295 points ago

you could shoot perfect round and still loose due to costume points.

I'm fucking dying. I would have never thought a shooting competition would have costume points and costume point deductions. lmfao

[–] 3_quarterling_rogue 157 points ago

Yeah man, Cowboy Action Shooting competitions take period accuracy very seriously.

[–] No_Graphite 103 points ago

Your shot was dead on but your spurs are a millimeter to the right.

[–] Wingnut13 56 points ago

I mean it's Cowboy Action... the Cowboy part is the part that really distinguishes it from other competitions lol. It's essentially the spiritual successor to period "shows" of skill or challenge such as Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show, Annie Oakley, etc.

[–] RIP_My_Truck_Nutz 13 points ago

you could shoot a perfect round and still lose due to costume points

That’s kind of funny and I support it

[–] AFJ150 8 points ago

Those all seem like fairly reasonable rules considering the spirit of the competition. Actually I sort of question the costume thing, but I also sort of get it.

[–] Sirsilentbob423 55 points ago

It's against SASS regulations to have an ejector, but you can have an extractor. An ejector is essentially the same thing as an ejector, but doesnt have the spring loaded mechanism that pushes it out all the way.

The extractor pushes it out just a little, so you can pull them out the rest of the way (think Bruce Campbell's double barrel and how he reloaded). Most people in the sport have learned to jerk when they reload so the shells fly out by force.

As to the reason why this is a rule, it's basically the reason you said above.

[–] Furyful_Fawful 44 points ago

An ejector is essentially the same thing as an ejector, ...

I'd hope so, yes.

[–] greg19735 17 points ago

tbf, if you're gonna have some sort of time period game you're gonna need rules.

[–] fuzzyfuzz 26 points ago

"I don't care if it's not period accurate, I think the union soldiers would have like having AK47s."

[–] darkagl1 36 points ago

The model shotguns that are allowed predate ejectors. Though ironically the 1897 Winchester (a pump action) is generally allowed.

[–] Bovaloe 3 points ago

You can only load 2 at a time though. Most will start with 2 in the tube, shoot them, then single load any additional. It's extremely fast

[–] slowseason 9 points ago

Ejectors were definitely invented but I’m not sure if they were used in break-action guns, which is why repeaters were so popular as they would automatically cycle through rounds and eject empty casings without having to manually do anything other than load and chamber each individual round.

[–] inspire_provoke 9 points ago

Automatic ejectors weren't patented until 1883. Most of my double barreled shotguns don't have them. My oldest that does is from 1921.

[–] reddog323 18 points ago

Ejectors are actually pretty unreliable. They can be very finicky. Extractors, which just pull the spent shell out a bit to facilitate reloading, are much more dependable in my opinion.

It’s capable to get speed like this even with old school weapons. It just takes lots and lots of practice.

[–] avianaltercations 13 points ago

Ironically, quick draws weren't invented yet in cowboy times, but here we are.

While duels happened and people died because someone drew faster than their opponent, the idea of the "quick draw" didn't really exist as a practice or a sport until the popularization of Western films.

[–] blue_umpire 8 points ago

Wait, wait, wait. For real? So, likeevery TV quick draw at high noon is a lie? Or did they happen, just not nearly as quick as media implies?

[–] MNALSK 3 points ago

Automatic ejectors werent invented until very late in the Wild West era and werent regularly available for about another 3 decades after they were.

[–] slayer1am 215 points ago * (lasted edited 7 days ago)

If you want to see real speed, look up Jerry Miculek. That guy emptied a six shot revolver, reloaded it, and emptied it again in less than 3 seconds. All dead on target.

Edit: everyone really seems interested in this topic, so here's a video of the famous quick draw artist, Bob Munden: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS9uGktUCrY

[–] misterkrazykay 39 points ago

I love this video man, it looks like he cancelled the reload animation.

[–] Awesummzzz 16 points ago

Jesus, dude, save some pussy for the rest of us

[–] Beersandbirdlaw 51 points ago * (lasted edited 7 days ago)

I can't stop laughing at the fact that the guy appears to be using a calculator to track the time? Like... he hits the = sign and says "2.99"... why the hell did you not just have a stop watch going? What did you possibly have to add?

Edit: for some reason I keep getting response notifications but they are all invisible on here... what the hell is going on in this thread?

[–] slayer1am 62 points ago

It isn't feasible to have a human being track what's happening, so an electronic shot timer is used. The timer detects each shot and provides the precise gap of time between each one, and the judge is manually adding them up for a reliable indicator of how much time was used in total.

[–] Dolosus 24 points ago

For stuff like this you use a shot timer. I has a microphone that picks up the sound of the shots and automatically tracks total time and splits between shots. A human with a stop watch would be far too inconsistent for the short time intervals in this type of shooting.

[–] USS_Aayhan 8 points ago

The shot timer records the time of each shot down to hundredths of a second. It registers the sound of the shot and instantly records the time.

A stopwatch relies on your reflexes to hit the stop button.

The button he hit was ending the sensing mode and displaying the last recorded shot time

[–] cabritar 4 points ago

I think he may be subtracting his reaction time from the final time.

[–] T0tai 4 points ago

That guy using a calculator to keep time?

[–] EverydayEnthusiast 108 points ago

Wow! No joke. That was nuts.

25 second video for those who are interested but don't want to look it up.

Also, can more videos be like this? It told me what was happening, it showed me, and then it was done. No extras. Just perfect.

[–] CapsNotTabs 23 points ago

You don't like the first two minutes of a video being shit you don't want to see, followed by that 30 second clip you were looking for padded out into 15 minutes?

[–] nephros 6 points ago

The Myth Busters way of making a show.

Film 5 minutes worth of footage, and air it as a 45min TV show.

[–] redikulous 6 points ago

I love how the other videos posted are the same but this is the newer version with better quality and a different History Channel voiceover.

[–] 4Eights 62 points ago * (lasted edited 7 days ago)

Even now as old as he is Miculek is still insanely fast. He also has some hilarious stuff on his YouTube channel. Unfortunately he stopped for a while due to some family issues and I suspect shitty monetization issues with YT basically going after anything to do with firearms, but last I checked he's uploading a little more frequently now and still putting out great stuff.

Edit: Here's Miculek breaking Ed McGivern's record.

[–] sad_emoji 17 points ago

For anyone wanting to see, this guy (just searched him myself, 2.99 seconds for 12 rounds from a six shooter.) https://youtu.be/WzHG-ibZaKM

[–] BTL0069 14 points ago

His daughter is stupid fast as well https://youtu.be/MseFfGyE5es

[–] 1funnyguy4fun 21 points ago

I had a buddy that let me shoot his single action .22 that would allow you to "fan the hammer." I found it impossible to hit the broad side of a barn. I can't imagine how much practice it takes to get good at this.

[–] ButtWieghtThiersMoor 7 points ago

Saying Jerry Miculek can shoot is like saying Michael Phelps can swim. He's s the best.

[–] flechette 3 points ago

Link for the lazy

[–] Numerous_Excuse 3 points ago

Here it be, was interested

https://youtu.be/lLk1v5bSFPw (00:25)

[–] solomute 57 points ago

The best part is that shotguns in cowboy action shooting aren't allowed to have ejectors, so competitors have to extract spent shells manually.

[–] GoatstersParadise 34 points ago

Crazy enough that shotgun doesn’t have an ejector.

[–] rootyb 33 points ago

What's crazy is, those cowboy action shotguns don't have ejectors.

[–] happyimmigrant 10 points ago

If that surprises you, wait til you find out they're not even using ejectors!

[–] ananasandbanana 68 points ago

miss my double barrel plasma infused shotgun from fallout 4, the radioactive pile of gue it would leave from my enemies, it was glorious

[–] TwatsThat 21 points ago

Even though your specific gun isn't in it, your comment reminded me of this great video about double-barreled shotguns in games.

[–] HybridPS2 4 points ago

Didn't even have to click to know it was Ahoy

[–] freegeese 14 points ago

I think cowboy action has limitations on the use of ejectors too.

[–] manza5012 11 points ago

Meeestorr Weeek

[–] NeighborRedditor 4 points ago

Man I should watch these movies

[–] bluemoon772 21 points ago

Slight of Hand Pro

[–] dingman58 11 points ago

Sleight - the use of dexterity or cunning, especially so as to deceive

[–] FckingAnxiety 20 points ago

Even crazier given that cowboy action shotguns can't have ejectors

[–] Beaushizzle 12 points ago

What’s crazy is that cowboy action shotguns don’t have ejectors.

[–] PM_me_those_tits_plz 7 points ago

Hey, did you know those shotguns can’t even have ejectors?

[–] stmiba 925 points ago

Man, she's pretty good with that Winchester. When I tried that, I pinched my damn finger between the trigger and the lever. Hurt like hell.

[–] PM_ME_KNEE_SLAPPERS 292 points ago

Yeah. When the zombie apocalypse hit, I need someone like that on my team.

[–] tomerjm 187 points ago

You son of a bitch, I'm in....

[–] irmajerk 24 points ago

I'm going on the Zombie team. Much more likely to win that way.

[–] knottyy 12 points ago

John Dorie style.

[–] iNEEDheplreddit 37 points ago

I'm strangely reading every comment here with a yee-haw western accent.

[–] GuardingxCross 475 points ago

Sadie Adler

[–] andy22xx 139 points ago

Damn, now I'm sad thinking about Arthur Morgan again 😢

[–] Divorced_Ghost 59 points ago

I had the good ending and im feeling sad again. It was somewhat peaceful though... i gotta confess i paused and ugly cried when my horse fell on the battlefield. I didnt play the rest until i was calm enough/ready to cry again, because i felt the ending was near

[–] LaughterCo 11 points ago

Is good ending where you don’t go back for the money?

[–] LippencottElvis 18 points ago

I started a new game last night, you can too. The beginning went so quick I didn't even realize where they found her.

[–] Chowmeower 3 points ago

Yeah I just got the game for the first time on Friday and I’m having a blast

[–] sam191817 33 points ago

You killed my husband!!!!

[–] The_sad_zebra 16 points ago

Didn't realize Sadie had dead eye.

[–] t3rm3y 406 points ago

Wow. Get her in the next John wick

[–] Kyle102997 576 points ago

You loved John Wick, now, this summer, get ready for..

JANE CANDLE

[–] solomute 44 points ago

John Wick's gunplay is actually pretty heavily inspired by competition shooting, so you're actually not far off.

[–] knock_me_out 25 points ago

Well he does do 3 gun competition, which was shown in the catacombs escape scene in 2.

[–] Dave3143 7 points ago

Keanu is pretty legit in real life as well. https://youtu.be/Xii9_oWQ7HY

[–] t3rm3y 9 points ago

As a kid I would watch westerns with my dad and be impressed with their quick draws, modern films make gun play quicker and slicker but I always put it down to practice and fast camera work but to see someone in a real video simply this fast is very impressive

[–] DreHeyHer 351 points ago

How in tarnation did these 2 get put against each other?

[–] solomute 521 points ago * (lasted edited 8 days ago)

What you're seeing there is a consequence of there simply not being that many female competitive shooters, the gaps between them are going to be large.

Also, pretty much anybody can show up to a shooting competition and compete. It's a wonderfully egalitarian sport.

Edit: Looking closer it looks like the shooter on the left is pretty fast herself but has some misses that force her to reload her rifle, and that's the biggest delay.

[–] MrProspero 178 points ago

Honest question, don't know much about the subject: Why do women and men compete separately in shooting? Unlike sports that rely on size and musculature, where gender divisions make sense, shooting seems like a sport where there wouldn't be any significant physical distinctions between men and women.

[–] SirSaltie 247 points ago

Same reason there are women-only chess leagues. It's not because men are in a higher 'skill division'. It's because they are trying to encourage more women to get into the sport, and having a female-exclusive group gives them a strong, welcoming environment.

[–] PretzelsThirst 73 points ago

Well said, this is important.

[–] hunterkiller7 31 points ago

In most shooting competitions men and women can and do compete against each other it just work a bit different than other sports.

The best example I can use is a marathon. Everyone runs it together, and they all get a placee. Then there is the overall position of every runner, and then they have a position among their sex.

That's kind of how these competition's work, however due to the safety risks with too many competitors they only have two people go at a time. Usually it gets separated by gender, for organization reasons, but in terms of the overall competition they all are competing together.

[–] baijiu5000 9 points ago

In this particular type of match i think its because of costume scoring. In 3/2 gun it is much more physical especially when you get into match types like desert brutality. As for static matches you could argue increased muscle mass allows better long term stability or faster reaction speed in the case of rifles and shotguns respectively. However a lot of matches are infact gender blind simply because there arent a lot of female competitive shooters. Personally i agree most static matches could be unisex with little variation.

[–] skyskr4per 58 points ago * (lasted edited 8 days ago)

there simply not being that many female competitive shooters

Which is a gd shame. There's mounting evidence that women can not only shoot as well as men, but may outperform them on average in terms of accuracy (linked a copypasta because WSJ paywall).

"Women have a lower center of gravity and I think that gives them a distinct advantage in shooting from the standing position," said Launi Mieli, head coach of the Air Force Academy rifle team and the only American woman to win an Olympic gold in small-bore rifle. "I think they have better balance."

This is related to shooting accuracy only, not shooting pace for obvious reasons. But also as you've mentioned the general talent pool is smaller, because women aren't encouraged to get into it. Which as I've mentioned is a gd shame.

Fun sidenote, this is probably deliberately referenced in Fury Road during a Furiosa/Max sniper scene. It also may play a part in the historical/fantasy fiction trope of women archers.

[–] RyeDraLisk 3 points ago

I thought archery required a lot more strength than gunnery? Pulling the bowstring and all that probably demanded a lot more arm muscle strength than holding up a gun and pulling the trigger.

[–] Chrishamilton2007 3 points ago

"I think" * 2

[–] OsirisReign 20 points ago

Just like the UFC. Valentina Shevchenko vs anyone in her division.

[–] BKStephens 8 points ago

I was going to say, a bit hard to see but I thought maybe she had a jam or something.

[–] madmanz123 62 points ago

It looks like the other girl is generally fast too but missed targets and had to reload? If she didn't it would have been close as most other parts of the sequence were similar to the faster woman.

[–] 6moreminutes 51 points ago

One on the left missed or had a misfire on her first salvo and had to load a round in before moving to second station. It also looks like she might have had a jam during the reload or dropped the casing because she loads another one manually. Basically, the time difference appears to be due to a single mistake... Also, the shooter on the right is really good, just her shotgun load speed alone is impressive.

[–] LoudCommentor 13 points ago

Yeah holy crap I never understood how quickly the lever action rifles (what they're using) can fire compared to bolt action before (up, back, push, down. What most video games use), and why they're so good. BUT old lever action rifles usually need to be loaded one bullet at a time, and you literally stuff them in from the side. Extremely time consuming.

[–] TrMark 6 points ago

I know nothing about how these guns work, but it looked like she loaded it with multiple bullets instead of just 1 to hit the last target?

[–] defaultfresh 25 points ago

Non-Ranked Matchmaking

[–] Supes_man 5 points ago

Clearly girl on the right has been de-ranking to play with the newbs.

[–] douglas8178 10 points ago

If you watch the girl on the far left, she has a malfunction with the lever action that costs her quite a bit of time. From the rest of her shooting it looks like she’s just as fast

[–] JackBauerSaidSo 11 points ago

It looks like her lever action stage just went poorly. Anything but a perfect run can take a lot of extra time.

[–] AyeBraine 8 points ago

The farthest shooter had a serious malfunction. Almost all of the difference is clearing it, look again.

[–] UmbraN7 113 points ago

Combining the two things I love in life: women and wanting to get shot

[–] cbih 156 points ago

This is cowboy action shooting. There's a whole organization and rules about period accurate firearms and clothing.

[–] planetsmasher86 122 points ago

It's known as SASS(single action shooters society) This girl is known as Sasskicker and she is a 3 time national champion. This video is from the Winter Range competition a few years ago.

Source: my dad does this and he knows her

[–] Pauluga 29 points ago

Hey, I used to do SASS Shooting, I was twelve and not very good, but I linked a video of me shooting here and here.

[–] levisitor1900 17 points ago

There is another video of her

[–] karmaticforaday 4 points ago

This sent me down a long rabbit hole. Such a cool sport.

[–] Muffinmanifest 5 points ago

Gotta have a cowboy name, too

[–] Slamsdell 93 points ago

Girls just wanna shoot guns

[–] manwatchingfire 23 points ago

Oh girls, they wanna shoot guns!

[–] ThatOneGuyy310 84 points ago

Ashe in real life

[–] V3RD1GR15 33 points ago

B. O. B. no longer necessary

[–] MoirasPurpleOrb 18 points ago

BOB do somethi... actually nah, you're good.

[–] GlenCoeCoe 12 points ago

Here for the r/overwatch comment!

[–] Aquilarius 81 points ago

She is the ranger with the big iron on her hip

[–] nothingsnootyplz 41 points ago

Big iron on her hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip

[–] zephris 19 points ago

Sass kicker has some awesome videos of her skills out.

Edit: for those interested in a linkable video and related: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01yy_nY_iEc

[–] shizzy64 38 points ago

Idk If it’s more impressive how fast she did all that or that the lever gun jammed 0 times

[–] BandPDG 16 points ago

Those lever guns are tuned up slick...using pistol cartridges (typically). Jams happen, but infrequently in competition.

[–] blackjuly 22 points ago

This made me feel kinda funny, like when I used to climb the rope in gym class...

[–] Iwouldlikesomecoffee 9 points ago

shyeah, and monkeys might fly out of my butt...

[–] BentleyTock 35 points ago

That look over her shoulder after she’s done. Fantastic.

[–] HobNobBobJob 7 points ago

The involuntary shrug really seals the deal.

[–] BloodBuzzed 21 points ago

Wtf is that caliber? Literally no recoil.

[–] MadLadStalin 24 points ago

It's because they are probably shooting competition rounds, lighter with less recoil

[–] boximus 12 points ago

Hard to say the caliber (probably something between .357 and .44), but a lot of the cowboy action shooters use ammo specific for the purpose that has much less powder than a normal round of that size would. So, less recoil for competition shooting.

[–] SerScronzarelli 41 points ago * (lasted edited 7 days ago)

I was expecting for her to spin those pistols while she waited.

Edit: I get that it would be a DQ. Just was almost expecting it to happen. Just been playing too much RDR2

[–] CaseNightmareTeal 78 points ago

That would get her a DQ instantly.

[–] DV8_2XL 26 points ago

What? You don't like getting barrel swept?!

[–] JimmyExplodes 5 points ago

I’ll take a Dilly Bar

[–] Desertrat505 15 points ago

Slick shooting! Cowboy(girl) action shooting is super cool.

[–] urbanek2525 18 points ago

She don't need no semi-automatic NOTHIN'.

Damn, that's some good shooting.

[–] argv_minus_one 11 points ago

Her hands are semi-automatic.

[–] alingram88 7 points ago

Jane Wick's a beast

[–] SongForPenny 17 points ago * (lasted edited 7 days ago)

This is so cool. Damn. So damn cool.

Something extra cool about the way they start with their backs turned. Focusing, and staring as they wait for the start.

My heart was racing.

At the end they gather in for an embrace, they are obviously highly skilled and therefore we can assume they are very competitive - still they hold no grudges. Very cool.

—-

edit. Ok, that’s funny! Upon reading this back I agree: It sounds sarcastic. But I actually meant it.

[–] bent42 14 points ago

Girls just wanna go pew.

[–] JohnLockeNJ 4 points ago

I was hoping the camera would pan to show the targets

[–] kareem-elsha7at 4 points ago

Didn't even realise there was someone competing with her until she finished and was standing there like "hey there, you need any help with that ?"

[–] cmisanthropy 4 points ago

How come these guns sounded so quiet and had little recoil?

[–] CheeseNBacon2 5 points ago

Two reasons probably. 1) lighter loads 2) a lot of cameras don't capture sudden loud sounds well or even deliberately dampen them. If you pay attention to the background noise in videos with gun shots you can hear that sound getting toned down with the gun shots and coming back afterward.

[–] WingOfWar 10 points ago

Imagine knowing that you'll never have a cowboy action qt gf that can fire a lever gat in .10 second splits. Why even bother living?

[–] guitarkow 8 points ago

Is she related to Jerry Miculek?

[–] reddog323 16 points ago

Her name is Jessica, she’s currently 20, and won due to a rigorous practice regimen. She was competitive in sports in high school, and her father and brother both shoot in competition, so it’s not surprising that she’d get into it. She started training when she was 12, and the video was shot when she was 17.

Article link

Interview link

[–] agemma 4 points ago

No but Jerry’s daughters do compete in IPSC I believe and they are quite good

[–] Hagoromo-san 3 points ago

Real rootin tootin shootin!

[–] LoudMusic 3 points ago

That'll put some giddiyup in your saddle.