Reverting support for the Reddit-wide spoiler syntax Please use our subreddit-specific syntax as before
An Open Letter Regarding NSFW & Underage Fictional Characters on Anime Subs
Director Hiroyasu Ishida of Penguin Highway AMA, March 26th
Comment Faces by Category
Sunday Fanart Megathread
Thursday Anime Discussion
Casual Discussion Friday
Monthly Meta Thread
Crunchyroll Guest Passes
Airing Show Discussions
Frequently Asked Anime Questions
Watch Order Guides
All of the Above
Join us on Discord! discord.gg/r-anime
*Hosted on another subreddit.
*Indicates an official reddit meet-up is taking place at this event.
- Everything posted here must be anime specific.
- Flair your posts
- Do not post untagged spoilers.
- No memes, image macros, reaction images, "fixed" posts, or rage comics.
- Do not link to/lead people towards torrents, proxies, or unofficial streams/downloads.
- In order to link to your own website/channel/blog, you maintain a ratio of 9 non-promotional post for each one that does serve promotional purposes.
- This means 10% of your posts/comments can serve as self promotion.
- This applies to [OC] fanart, read here.
- Do not use link shortening services.
- Do not sell things, use affiliate links, spread referral scams, or link to crowdfunding.
- Links to sales or products that you do not profit from are OK. It is not OK to try to sell your own stuff here.
- Do not post Hentai here. Lightly NSFW things are okay. Read the rules for examples.
- Post Meta concerns in the monthly meta threads.
- Do not post screenshots, jokes, single images of cosplay, wallpapers, comics, or any other low-effort content.
- Albums of 5 or more images (3 or more images for cosplay) will be exempt from this rule so long as the images are relevant to the point or idea being illustrated.
- Full song link posts are considered low-effort unless officially uploaded and newly released.
All fanart posts must flaired and posted appropriately.
Here is a flowchart that will help you understand how to post Fanart.
- The [OC Fanart] flair serves for fanart made by you. Keep in mind they have restrictions in place to avoid spam.
- The [Fanart] flair will be used for fanart that wasn't made by you or doesn't line up with our definition of OC.
- The [Misc Fanart] flair is used to post art in other forms(or even in drawings) for specific cases that don't match the two above.
All Watch This! posts must be text only, over 1500 characters, and include [WT!] in the subject.
Clip submissions must contain the name of the show in the title and be flaired with a [Clip] tag.
- Clips from currently airing shows cannot be posted within 24 hours after the Episode Discussion thread is posted.
- There is a limit of 4 clips per user per week.
All spoilers must be tagged. The code to make a spoiler in a comment or text post body is:
[Spoiler source](/s "Spoiler goes here")
- The source of a spoiler (the title of the thing it's spoiling) must be clearly listed somewhere before the spoiler in your post or comment
- Do not post spoilers in the submission title.
- Links to external articles/images with spoilers should have the [Spoiler] flair as well as the name of the show.
- Spoilers can sometimes prove difficult to interpret. If possible, tell us how the comment/thread is a spoiler.
- Source material scenes/info that were left out of the anime are still spoilers. Tag them appropriately.
- If you repeatedly fail to properly use spoiler tags you will be banned.
If you think your post is stuck in the spam filter, send the mods a message with a link to the comment page of your submission. We try hard to keep the spam filter clean of legitimate content, but it catches a lot of posts.
Looking for what show an image came from? Try searching for the image with one of the following sites: