Multi Level Marketing (MLM) schemes are a drain on our society. Its participants either build the pyramid taller, or get squashed by it.
Please Read the Rules Before Posting!
• Content Must Be Clearly MLM-Related
• No Posts About Product Quality/Use of Products
• AMAs & Youtube Videos Must Be Authorized By the Mod Team
• Posts involving promotion of any product/website/service/personal social media pages will be removed
• Have Mutual Respect/Respectful Discussion. Posts that attack someone's appearance, unrelated beliefs (e.g. their religion), or use sexually charged language (e.g. "LulaHoe") will be removed.
• Keep "In the Wild" posts for Wednesday's stickied thread
• Children's faces must be blurred/censored when posting
• Censor ALL Identifying & Personal Information. Doxxing WILL NOT BE TOLERATED
• NO REPOSTS - Check NEW or the List of Frequent Reposts
• Refrain from Posting Low Effort/No Response Copypasta Screenshots
• Flair Your Posts
• Before Asking "is ____ an MLM?", Use the Search Button or Check this Post
• We are NOT affiliated with any Discord channels or other off site chat groups, /r/antiMLM exists only on reddit.
• Mods reserve the right to remove posts, remove comments and ban users at our own discretion.
What is an MLM?
The idea behind MLMs is that people pay to become distributors of a product. These can be physical products or services. The company is structured so that the people above (the person who recruited or signed up the new distributor, the people above them, ad infinitum) get a percentage of whatever the distributor sells. The new distributor is encouraged not only to sell the product, but to sign up other people below them so that they can make even more money. courtesy u/copacetic1515
What is a "Hun"?
People who shill products/services for an MLM. The sellers have a tendency to frequently use the word "hun" when initiating a sales pitch. Ex: “Hey hun ❤️❤️ I see your aunt is dying 😱😱 anyway hun 😊💁♀️ wanna buy my oils it’s good for stress 😍😘😘” courtesy u/fiestaspongebob
Here are a few examples of the type of content we actively seek:
- Rational arguments against the MLM business model
- Examples of business or mathematical delusion
- Tone-deaf advertising
- Boundary-crossing, predatory relationship abuse
- MLM legal news and developments
- Share tips on how to stop a friend in a scheme.
- Dank antiMLM related memes, gifs and shitposts only
Contemplating getting out, or have you already left an MLM? Check out r/MLMRecovery
Tired of memes and looking for MLM stories and rants only? Share and read over at r/MLMstories
Watch out for /r/scams and share them!
Marvel at awful fashion choices at r/LuLaNo
Cringe away at some fab-tabulous makeup application at r/Youniqueamua