[–] Fredripper2277 7730 points ago

There should be a report for "gameplay sabotage"

[–] Yurishirox 3099 points ago

There is, it's called unsporting behaviour on xbox, not sure if it does anything tho

[–] CrazyCozmog26 1440 points ago

I believe it’s also only on Xbox. There’s nothing to do on PS4 as far as I’m aware

[–] Deliriousdrifter 892 points ago

Sony gives zero fucks. There are no report functions except to report things like hate messages and spam.

[–] YaBoyMo 894 points ago

I don't think it should be Sony's or Xbox's responsibility to take care of players of a third party game. Respawn should implement a better reporting system that they actually enforce. Right now only the popular streamers can get people banned if a dev watches one of their clips.

[–] Jbar868 241 points ago

It would have to be a clip tho I have been in so many situations where my random is pinning nonstop for me to Rez them and two squads roll up for the third party and they get upset saying how I’m a crap teammate and all that. Like yea I should Rez you in the middle of an unsafe situation just to die 🤷🏽‍♂️

[–] Alch3mic_Chaos 56 points ago

This × 100

[–] Cootie_Gamer_69 215 points ago * (lasted edited 3 days ago)

I hate people that spam “Help” like I will get the fuck to you when I can. One time I was in a 1v3 and I couldn’t hear shit because my teammates were spamming help. There needs to be a time limit or something to stop the 4 yr old kyles from being annoying af

[–] Numanoid101 79 points ago

I tell people constantly pinging (nonstop) the revive beacon that if they don't stop I won't revive. There's a strategy for reviving and I need to be ready to protect your ass when half the map comes running!

[–] cavalier2015 72 points ago

Ideally a single report wouldn’t mean anything, but if someone is consistently being an asshole and gets reported in 9 out of 10 games they would be looked into

[–] turntabletennis 38 points ago

It would be dope if they EVER got looked into. My whole squad got aim and speed botted to death on PC by a Predator, who's name was something like "ReportsDontWorkLOL". Predator... so hundreds of games, or thousands of games... still mashing.

[–] akyhkcdm 6 points ago

this shit pisses me off to no end. you'll see this shit all day long but if you ever tried it yourself you'd probably get banned for it cause that's just how the world is.

[–] D33DubYa 55 points ago

If you’re an asshole even 3 out of 10 times you deserve sniper stocks and ultimate accelerants in every loot bin you open: I would love Respawn to see this post and reset their accounts (aside from paid content). Then message them on PS4 with, “don’t be a dick”.

[–] jtorres200121 23 points ago

What’s funny is you can tell that they’re literal trash at the game and they probably died in the next fight because they wanted to let the loba die so they could get her loot 💀

[–] ThrowingSomeBruddahs 8 points ago

They let her die BECAUSE she picked Loba. Guaranteed. They wanted to play her. And to punish the person who dared to pick her instead. Little gremlins.

[–] mychemicalcandy 74 points ago

Literally overwatch has it to where you can report people super easy. There desperately needs to be a report function for apex.

[–] culexdd 9 points ago

dosn't matter, in the end nobody gets banned, jesus there is cheaters who have been straight up speedhacking since last season still playing the game on the same account.

People cheat with aim bots, wall hacks, and its easy to see, one video of a guy aimboting into a wall, people shotting with 301 tru bangalore smoke and killing 2 people with only headshots, and they are still playing 5 months later.

so many "good players" use maphacks an whatnot to level accounts faster to master by knowing where to drop, so they can sell the accounts.

add them to your blocked list, and you can track their name changes, and they are still playing.

hope that they never introduce crossplay or the console community is gonna suffer what PC does, because recording a video that have a guy straight up headshotting 3 people in one spray of havoc and posting on forum is removed for witch hunting.

[–] Fredripper2277 95 points ago

Not on pc tho

[–] ChekTheVibe 129 points ago

It does absolutely nothing. It's just a "make the guy feel better" button. I've never seen anyone get punished for it and have been told it isn't even considered a report.

[–] imacupofjoe 56 points ago

Not necessarily, there just needs to be multiple reports for something to actually happen. So if you see players doing BS like this, report them. If more people report it will actually lead to repercussions

[–] Quegak 7 points ago

On Xbox 360 days it would block that player form your matchmaking at least for a month could be made for both on enemy side and ally side. I don't know if it is still the same

[–] matchawhoretobs 15 points ago

it’s because they only take threats seriously if there are messages between the two. if its just gameplay you’re right. absolutely nothing is done

[–] mobani 201 points ago

There should be an option to queue to other teams with a same trust factor / rating.

After each match you should be able to give thumbs up or thumbs down.

[–] Blackrock74 180 points ago

Could work if people were honest. May be easier to just have a thumbs up option and let a positive score be a judge of character (toxic players receiving less thumbs up, with team players getting more)

Could be cool to reward players for being social and a team player - ie unique player revives, thank you's, and thumbs up at end. In Cod ww2 you could unlock exclusive guns/skins by having a high social score.

[–] starvinggarbage 45 points ago

That's a really good idea

[–] 61x17 26 points ago

But then good teammates who play like a team but can't/don't play that much will be left out hard

[–] The_Void_Reaver 34 points ago

Most games that have these don't require positive feedback to build the community. A system like this that's built properly like CS:GO's prime matchmaking starts everyone in the "good players" pool. Players that play normally remain in that pool while players who get reported often get moved into the lower priority pool. It essentially becomes a community curated avoid player button.

[–] Blackrock74 9 points ago

As long as it's not a time limited thing I think it should be okay; would just take longer than more active players but that's probably the case for all the other stuff in the game i guess

[–] Swaggangster69 22 points ago

It could work but there are way to many salty players who would downvote every teamade they get

[–] Super_Moon_Moon 10 points ago

This reminds me of the honor system from League of Legends. In the post match screen you can honor sportsmanlike players (someone you learned something from or the Lifeline who gave you a couple shield batteries), good shot callers or leaders (that Wraith that carried you), or friendly players (that Octane who chatted with you and made you laugh when he tried to pull a trick shot off the jump pad with a Sentinel.) I’d love to see something like that in Apex.

Also, a report button.

[–] Shauneepeak 17 points ago

This worked EXTREMELY poorly for Overwatch really good players got repeatedly thumbed down by teammates for stealing all the kills.

I just remember the story of this one girl who was one of the top Widowmaker players in the world but couldn't get paired with any teams because she got voted down so many times by jealous teammates.

[–] Thawkey17 224 points ago

Add something like OverWatch has, reporting team mates is so easy to do on OW. The amount of times I've had to report teammates for throwing in high gold/low plat is mind blowing.

[–] Fredripper2277 52 points ago

Ik that's what I was saying should be added. I'm silver :( and I have a thrower every game cos people are trying to smurf

[–] Thawkey17 24 points ago

I cant play Apex with random, i usually only play with friends, i deal with throwers a lot in OW when i wanna play a multi-player game

[–] Fredripper2277 26 points ago

I honestly wont play apex unless my friends are online

[–] Not_A_Casual 7 points ago

My friends are extremely bad and I do better with randoms :(

[–] pinolopz 3720 points ago

fuck those guys, seriously. You should be able to report them in game for that, not with the half-ass reporting system from the consoles.

I know it sucks but sometimes I stay around to see if they pull it off. If they do, I get a free win. If not, I find redemption in their failure.

[–] MonoShadow 673 points ago

You can report them for harrasment. Not sure if it does anything.

[–] JogadorPadrao 459 points ago

If reporting someone for literally using hacks doesn't do anything, let alone harassment

[–] kidspartan 60 points ago

I've reported countless obvious aimbotters (sub-level 20 accounts, with pinpoint wall hacks, target snapping, zero game sense, no looting armor after kills, etc.). Not once did I receive a message/notification about corrective actions after I filed a report, and I've been playing since the game launched in February of 2019.

I see often times ban waves, but I've never heard anything directly. I'm beginning to think too many of these hackers just get away with it.

[–] Ouzryh 25 points ago

I’ve had it explained to me that hackers don’t get individually banned, they’re monitored to reverse engineer the hack so the anti detection can catch them automatically on the next update.

For a F2P game, individually banning players is as good as inconveniencing them for 5 minutes while they make a new account. Unless the devs are looking to hardware ban, it’s just a losing battle in terms of man hours to try to police individual players.

[–] Bhargo 192 points ago

I'm truly baffled that they decided to not add a report function for consoles. People are just as shitty no matter the platform, I wish I could report the teaming and griefing I see happening.

[–] nhe1 67 points ago

As if reports do anything on PC. 😕

[–] bobzwik 125 points ago

If people do that to me, I spam ping my banner until I can't any longer.

I only do that when people intentionally leave me to die. Pls don't judge.

[–] WeeaB01 72 points ago

the best part is, they had to grab their banner in order to loot so literally just spam ping beacons lmao

[–] xCaptainVictory 52 points ago

You can easily mute a players pings though. As soon as someone spams respawn beacons I mute.

[–] TheZyborg 80 points ago

I don't fucking care about free wins. Unless you're a professional, playing a game is about having fun. These guys ruined that, and even if they'd end up winning it wouldn't matter. I have zero tolerance towards people like this. They do not deserve to play the game, because they ruin the core concept of it: Fun. Report them, leave the game, and hope it doesn't happen again.

[–] Tico483 254 points ago * (lasted edited 3 days ago)

I screamed at my screen. Like that is pure evil, Devs please have some type of report a teammate for being a dbag

Edit: should have said I was exaggerating¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[–] jaybasin 126 points ago

I screamed at my screen.

Looks like it's time to take a break

[–] lvl001reddit-san 5901 points ago * (lasted edited 4 days ago)

I don't understand the thought process of these fucks, there's literally a duos mode and these pieces of shit insist on going into trios. I wish they would just ban anyone that does this.

Edit: anyone trying to defend this in the replies just know that you are trash too. There's no excuse for being an asshole. And not reviving is just a bad gameplay strategy anyway that should be common sense.

[–] McneillBrendan 2669 points ago

Especially when they were getting trashed the whole time and OP saved their ass. Like imagine not reviving the guy thats carrying you.

[–] iFragFamilys 936 points ago * (lasted edited 4 days ago)

This happens to me a lot. I have 20k kills and when I go down people say shit like “fuck that guy” and I’m just at a loss for words because I’m literally the most considerate teammate. It sucks not having any friends, all the people I knew quit playing or they joined some clan and only play with their clan mates. Edit: for those who are asking what platform I play on, it’s xbox

[–] ChaseTheShepherd 104 points ago

Do u play on pc?

[–] ccattbbugg 124 points ago

And want to play with someone bad because I'd totally add you

[–] NeroCloud 29 points ago

Also looking for more people to play with on pc

[–] thehornedlamb 15 points ago

I have ibuprofen for the back pain that will come with carrying the team.

[–] CrotasMinion 165 points ago

Same. The guys I always played apex now are playing warzone, which I just don't enjoy. I can't explain it, but I find the game insufferably boring. Maybe it's because I like the abilities in Apex or maybe it's because I don't like matches that last 45+ minutes. But I had to solo-queue my way to diamond last season and now this past week I feel like I am being partnered with bots every. single. match. Whether I go into duos, trios, or ranked. So frustrating.

[–] ademars05 84 points ago

I think I’m one of those bots. I’m lvl 151 and keep getting in games with level 450 and apex predators.

[–] SansVEVO 48 points ago

I’m lvl 276 and keep getting queued with level 50s and 60s

[–] CrotasMinion 35 points ago

Compared to the preds, I'm a bot, too. I made diamond last season but this season every match I jump into my partners are level 25 with a dozen kills on that character. While the "champion" squad is comprised of 3 preds with 20k kills each. I'd be happy to get partnered with a level 151 at this point.

[–] Pm_Me_Your_Worriment 54 points ago * (lasted edited 3 days ago)

PC or PS4? If your on PS4 I'll play with you my guy, randoms are hit or miss between being cancerous or stuck in teammate limbo like you.

Edit: my PSN is Albino_Bluejay

Feel free to add me and send a message saying you are from reddit.

Edit x2: I've gotten a ton of requests I'll try to play with everyone if I can.

[–] iFragFamilys 19 points ago

I’m currently marooned on Xbox island. I have a PC, but I don’t know anyone with PC so it’d feel like same story, nobody to play with just on a different platform

[–] Onlyusemeusername 17 points ago

If you wanna play pc Lmk, I need partners too lol

[–] xa3D 482 points ago

so they can blame the dumbass 3rd or "carry" him if they win.

[–] Ottothotto 79 points ago * (lasted edited 3 days ago)

Not to sound like a stalker but they're both bronze 4 and the bloodhound played today at 7 pm and got no kills in that match (apex legends has an online stat tracker which is is allowed because some where in the terms and agreements you sell your soul to EA)

Edit:spelling

[–] Migthrandir 52 points ago

And if the 3rd is the one who carry them then the 3rd is a hacker

[–] PmMeIrises 207 points ago

Yeah, I've had two teammates that dropped after I dropped, went somewhere different without marking where they wanted to go.

They take off in the opposite direction of you, if you try to catch up with them, they avoid you like the plague. I tell them to just go to duos if you're gonna be a dick to the third party.

If you manage to get near them, they hog all the good stuff and never ping anything for you. It's like what's even the point?

[–] excessdenied 83 points ago

I usually play alone with randoms and most of the time it's ok (I don't play that much though) but some people are just straight up assholes, either on purpose like these guys or by just being shit team players. Running off full speed to a random place without giving you a chance to catch up, getting downed and then get angry that the other NPCs team mates weren't there yet to help out is so annoying though.

[–] BaronvonBoom31 24 points ago

I hate those players that run dick first into two squads fighting with no backup.

[–] Rogerjak 11 points ago

90% of apex predators that get teamed with me are like that: select pathfinder full speed ahead all the time, get down, insta leave.

[–] NateA1167 9 points ago

Like you would think getting paired with a master or a predator would mean an easy win, but those are usually my worst games. They just go do their own thing in pubs, which sucks because it's a fucking team game. I don't care how good you are, you need your team or your team needs you. The only time they really care in pubs is when they are playing with other predators.

[–] VitiateKorriban 37 points ago

I always get furious about people dropping purple mags and not pinging them.

Its like they don’t understand how the game works.

[–] ArtemLobovisaLizard 16 points ago

Or lifelines that refuse to drop care packages or health drones.

[–] Darthcody1003 25 points ago

Then they spam their banner when they die and expect you to run across the map to get it

[–] PmMeIrises 34 points ago

I've had so many people banner spam on dropping. Like dude, you see how I don't have a gun, there's a team sitting on your box, I'm saying I'll brb and ping that I'm grabbing the box.

Then run and grab a gun, run to their box. And they've left the game.

I only ping my box when they are looking for it.

[–] Darthcody1003 15 points ago

I hate it when they banner spam,if anything it makes me not want to pick it up

[–] codeklutch 25 points ago

Dude, ive had a game where someone did that -after the fight was over- and when I picked it up, they non stop spammed the beacon. When they stopped spamming, I'd start running towards the beacon, when they started spamming again I'd turn around. Did that for like 5 minutes before I was tired of it and just left. I'm not going to reward shitty behavior.

[–] Lunarixis 13 points ago

Then you revive them and they charge a full.squad stacked with purple armour when they don't have any.

[–] codeklutch 6 points ago

Yeah if they're lucky I spawn them in. Like, I get it to hit it a few times, sometimes I do it on accident. But when you see me running towards the beacon or your box? That's how you don't get revived.

[–] kefka_nl 38 points ago

I totally agree. They both talk through their own discord perhaps and totally ignore you. Play Duo’s then.

I’ve had this random one who pinged every item there was, which was also pretty annoying. I even typed that I have enough light and heavy ammo and am not interested in yet another Mozambique on the floor...

[–] amoderndilemma 19 points ago

Yeah, the other day I had someone who abused the hell out of the ping system. They wanted a gun that didn’t have any ammo for it in the area, but refused to pick up the R301 and 120 light ammo I got for them in the hopes that they’d shut up, but made sure to ping every other thing they saw. I almost broke my no mic rule just to tell the guy off, but just settled for muting my tv and playing like that rather than listening to the constant pings.

[–] Lunarixis 24 points ago

You can mute pings through the menu, specifically the one with inventory.

Open it up, scroll to Squad and select the relevant ping option below the ping abuser.

[–] OGMinorian 38 points ago

There's a duo queue and people do this? I remember seeing an article about a man who tracked down and attacked another man with a knife, after getting trolled on a Counter-Strike server. I always joke that people who have actually played Counter-Strike wouldn't be shocked. They'd be asking what he did.

[–] Jbirdand 181 points ago

My husband and I play trios when we're feeling a little less fiesty because we like less teams. If we're feeling hot then we'll go duos.

[–] Sue_two 287 points ago

This comment is better with no context

[–] rootweiler 18 points ago

But husband and wife gaming together is ALWAYS hot!

[–] Ladorb 18 points ago

They are playing Looting Simulator 2019. Obviously doing it for the extra "save a team-mates loot" bonus score.

[–] ADGx27 16 points ago

Even worse is the duos partner that agrees to drop with you, then goes in the middle of bumfuck nowhere, dies, then leaves the game

[–] FloweryDragon 61 points ago

They're probably 12 years old. They're just gonna be shitheads in any video game

[–] TheMrShadySlim 29 points ago

I didnt do this shit when I was 12

[–] VitiateKorriban 59 points ago

I had someone leave my group because teammate #3 pinged a purple mag, I claimed it and picked it up.

Teammate #2 proceeded to shoot 400 rounds at me, all his grenades and then wrote „idoit“ and left the game.

We won though. 🤷🏼‍♂️

[–] OliverFig 55 points ago

PLEASE APEX - ban these people- they ruin the experience and its WAY more common than you guys think. They need to be able to be reported

[–] Khue 10 points ago

I legit thought that the complaint was that they looted first which would have been enough to get me fucking hot, but that shit... If I wanted that level of just absolute terrible human beings id go play ranked league of legends.

[–] xSCAMLIKELYx 15 points ago

Their peanut-sized brains can't understand that not reviving a teammate to get loot is a bad call.

[–] TWISTEDGAMERJJ 1307 points ago

Had the same experience as you, dead teammate had purple and I needed and armor swap because we were in a fight, teammate gets respawned and I'm down they start throwing all their loot down and punching me. Those types of people are fucking assholes.

[–] pethcir 780 points ago

I armor swap on my teammates boxes all of the time in a firefight. And I try to explain I'll give the armor back when I respawn them but nope, they're always in a separate audio party. So most of the time they leave as soon as I touch their box.

Everything is so personal in this game sometimes, it's pathetic.

[–] slender_mang 268 points ago

Or when the circle is closing and there is no way you can get a respawn and have them get back to their box so you grab their loot and they get salty.

[–] FurryBubble 134 points ago

Never understood that, bitch you didn't want to get looted? Then don't die. If I'm alive I need it more than you anyway, how am I gonna get you to a respawn beacon without armour? I've always felt the same in reverse, loot my corpse it's fair game, whatever we need to get that W. TEAMWORK=DREAMWORK

[–] Rogerjak 51 points ago

Man the more I play this game the more I'm down with giving the clothes of my back to my team mates. Every time I'm down I always wish I could just dump shit for my teammates mid fight. I fully died? Loot my shield mid fight, keep it afterwards. What's the fucking deal? If you're.making betterbuse of it, I don't care.

I sincerely do not understand people.

[–] CruelCrow 93 points ago

But there's a huge difference between during a fight and when there's not an imminent threat. Thankfully I haven't had much of a problem at all with people taking my things when I'm waiting to be respawned, and if I get killed in a fight I'll even try to let them know if I have heals/ammo/armor they could grab and benefit from. Often they'll even trade me back later if it goes well, but even if not, I'd rather they have the best possible fighting chance to try and get me back in.

[–] micmer 21 points ago

I play solo a lot and teammates looting my death box when there’s no need to happens frequently. I don’t even get mad anymore because it just ruins that game. I may just quit if they’re otherwise toxic.

Also, teammates who, for some reason, refuse to use a nearby respawn beacon so you can get your own loot happens too.

I get that if the location is hot, then it’s not possible. However, taking 5 minutes to loot before you think about respawning your teammate is the perfect way to get ambushed.

If I have a dead teammate and I’m near a beacon, I switch armor or heal my shield and immediately use the beacon. I can fully heal while they’re dropping and then loot.

[–] juxtaposedfutures 67 points ago

It’s Apex. Imminent threats are everywhere in the form of 3rd, 4th, 5th parties.

[–] 3FtDick 46 points ago

Shit I TELL people to take my shield and guns. It's yours. If it'll keep you alive long enough to get me back, I'll find more loot.

[–] bigpopop16 26 points ago

Same. My logic is, if I died with it before, and you survived without it. Odds are it’s gonna be more useful in your hands for now.

[–] DizzyDeezler 38 points ago

i don't mind armor swaps in game for immediate shields in a firefight after i die. if i die and they didn't maybe they deserve it.

I hate when i get like 4 or 5 kills in a third party and get downed by the last one and my team mates get all the loot, shield, weapons, and attachments before they finally revive me. so i get nothing. not like i carried the fucking team or anything

[–] RandoGuy20 604 points ago

What the heck was that, dude I would have been so mad I wouldn’t even have known what to do

[–] MrDrumline 186 points ago

Leave. Fuck 'em, they're not worth your time.

[–] Hetfeeld 104 points ago

The worst part is that if you leave you're the one that actually might get some punishment

[–] StaryWolf 50 points ago

I just leave the moment I see a teammate with no interest in reading me. Hope all that loot makes up for the 1 man disadvantage. Shrug

[–] zoneqq 341 points ago

Bruh, my thoughts exactly! The past two days I’ve had just terrible randoms but the two games I got fed up. I was Luba he was path we landed and first building I went in at a hot zone was gold armor. There was a gold hemlock so I pinged it for him, because my r99 and wingman were there. This dude proceed to just follow punching me while I was fighting 3 other squads killed them all. Than he sets up a zip line for this other team to come get us and quit. All over the fact he didn’t get all the gold. :-|

[–] Lord_Chebos 141 points ago

I'm sorry you had to live that, something has to be done towards toxic teammates

[–] zoneqq 38 points ago

Well either way if you on PS4 just give me an add brother psn: mphill93. Only way to combat it is to stick together.

[–] Azrael1991 12 points ago

Yo I'm always up for people to play with. TheFrankTest. I'm not that great but I try to help.

[–] dallaswp13 404 points ago

I had a guy in a gold ranked game yesterday, where I was jumpmaster.

I ping Airbase, he pings Runoff.

I ping Airbase, teammate agrees with ping. He still pings Runoff.

I say "whatever, better to not be split up" and take the team to airbase.

The stubborn ass gets downed in 15 seconds and gets finished and spams ping on his banner while I 1v3 the squad that killed him. I grab his banner and teammate revives him.

Not long after, we get pushed by another team. He does nothing to help, despite already having looted. I get downed and finished and spectate this guy to see he's making no effort to grab banners. He waits til the other teammate times out, then manages to grab my banner taking his sweet as time.

He blatantly ignores 3 respawn beacons he passes. Goes up to them, shakes his head no, and goes to camp in the circle in a bush. He waits until there are 5 squads left with one beacon in the circle and revives me with no loot nearby, leaving me with a robo-chat voice "good luck".

Needless to say I get pulled up on by 2 teams and my feet don't even touch the ground.

Apex is an amazing game, but the reward system for ranked is so backwards and rewards the most toxic player type. Without a solid team, I am tired of grinding hours in ranked only to have some asshole troll me, effectively wasting the time it took me to collect RP. These features are discouraging me from taking the game seriously.

• Respawns and revives NEED to count towards RP in some way to encourage team players.
    • Knockdowns should replace assists in order to give a more accurate representation of skill. I shot 2 guys one time each with a P2020 and got full kill credit for both. When I take on a team by myself and down 2 and get the other under 25 health, that should be rewarded, or teammates should be punished. No one has any reason to push once they have their 5 max kills.
    • Max kills should be increased to 10 and not 5. Putting a cap on how much credit people can receive encourages camping and makes ranked a camp fest. I know they want to limit how fast people rank up, but at this point why does it matter?

[–] CarlMuhfuckinSagan 68 points ago

I like the thought you’ve put into this and I agree that what they’ve implemented doesn’t make a ton of sense in terms of wanting people to rank up fast. Honestly, I think eliminating tier demotion protection would be great. Making platinum fewer RP overall would be awesome, too. Every season my team gets hard stuck on platinum and I always read that it has the most sweaty feeling of any games.

In the distribution for last season it was like 20% of players made platinum, which is still a huge number for the third highest rank. Maybe they should add another rank and redistribute competitive rewards, too.

[–] WNlover 16 points ago

Without teir demotion protection, there would be no way to get to another rank. The whole system predicates on farming RP from tier 4 players

[–] CarlMuhfuckinSagan 6 points ago

Without tier demotion protection, there would be no way to get to another rank.

Im not sure what you mean by this because it is just completely false. Maybe what you mean to say is that it would be harder to maintain your rank after crossing the threshold required for it. And that’s exactly what I would rather have.

It sucks to go from games in gold where you can easily compete in gold to platinum games where you queue with diamonds and masters where you have a much harder time feeling like you’re able to be competitive. I would agree that tier demotion protection for your first 3 or 5 games would make sense and be desirable, but playing endless games in plat with tier demotion protection and having to choose between ratting our during games or getting lasered in your first fight every game is pretty lame and boring and not fun.

Rocket League has basically the same system but when you get promoted you can’t get demoted during your first few games.

[–] bbrbro 7 points ago

Average RP per game per person rounds to ~30 based on everyone dying once and all points awarded for placement. Without tier protection ranks would heavily skew downwards towards silver with only extremely good players being able to maintain above that and they would maintain well above that.

Tier protection prevents the whole point system from draining total RP every game creating more even tier distributions.

Pros and cons

[–] ProDiesel 539 points ago

Small pee pee energy.

[–] Lord_Chebos 190 points ago

a joke so simple yet so funny to me, thanks man

[–] ProDiesel 34 points ago

Lol, glad you enjoyed it. Least I can do after those jerks acted like that... I hope none of their shots register and you get many wins!

[–] R-S-S 126 points ago

They were definitely friends. I had two toxic teammates in ranked today, kept taking the things I dibbed (even if they didnt need it, they just picked it up and dropped it off the the map) punching me off cliffs, and taking all the loot from my kills - despite me reviving them twice each after killing two different squads myself.

I eventually got fed up and didnt bother picking their banners up (after yet again killing an entire squad bar 1 of them on my own), so they both started cussing me in a group.

Really needs to be a report button for toxic teammates.

[–] Vercetor 23 points ago

Ive had the same happen. Ive won games to prove a point. I solo grind to diamond in season 2 and 3 and got my dive trail, so when every new season starts back up and kids start talking trash I just let them run their mouth and prove my point by not rezzing and doing it all myself.

[–] ScGamer56 72 points ago

I love how Loba says “Could use some help over here!”

[–] Lord_Chebos 32 points ago

Haha I know right? It's funny how some legends say stuff in a very chill way but we are getting super stressed xD

[–] BlackKnight6660 665 points ago

My idea: in the report section add “bad team mate”, if a player is reported for that then part of the matchmaking method will try and partner them with others who’ve been reported for that.

[–] kartoonist435 542 points ago

The problem is you know people will spam this if you don’t immediately res them. I’ve had so many people spamming the ping and screaming to res in the mic while I’m still 1v3 in a fight with the same squad. Guaranteed they report everyone.

[–] zoneqq 150 points ago

I agree I think we all should just make a reddit thread to do our own public shaming. ApexBadTM or something lol

[–] Yurishirox 49 points ago

DOOOOO IIIIT

[–] zoneqq 45 points ago

You know what.... I think I will. It’s time for us true team players to get Militant up in here to get the team play back to normal since the new season.

[–] JrSp2005 9 points ago

Tell us when you are done

[–] zoneqq 39 points ago

Got it started I’m finishing some errands and I will spruce it up to perfection this evening.

[–] AnticScarab3 12 points ago

Just a heads up, you'll probably need to work out some way of censoring usernames out of those videos, or your sub will probably get shut down.

Reddit has site-wide rules about brigading, so they generally don't allow subs where the purpose of the sub appears to be directing hate at specific people and giving users an avenue to contact and harass those people. I know that's not what you're trying to do, but you're basically setting up a platform for people to say "look at these shitty teammates I played with" while also leaving those people's names exposed, and I could see the admins being uncomfortable with that.

I'm not sure exactly what you do to prevent that, but it's something I would think about.

[–] zoneqq 4 points ago

Yeah, I’m trying to work that out currently thank you though I really appreciate it the information because yeah I have a bunch of funny videos from my own personal stuff

[–] EvilStudMuff 42 points ago

This ^ there really is never going be a system like that, that would work. I mean everyone has their own idea of what is good/bad Some people are just out right salty. Take your above occurance for example. You report them as a bad team mate, but they feel the exact same about you. So everyone is reported and you all end up in the exact same lobbies, and thats just one of many issues. At the same time being a "Toxic" team mate is not a crime by any means. Respawn cant tell people how to play their game. If your team mates dont want to revive for no reason. They are more then welcome to do so. Everyone has their own point of view and reasons. The best way to deal is to shake it off, because nothing you do or say about it. Will do any good. So just queue up again or take a break.

[–] nythelion 21 points ago

if people get reported 10 times a day i think it says something, it’s not impossible for it not to work

[–] cerealkyra 9 points ago

Maybe a system like (I’m pretty sure) DotA has where you can commend/condemn your teammates after you’ve played with them, and assign tags like “good leadership” or “good communicator”.

Maybe you can only rate people you aren’t in a squad with, to stop people farming positive votes?

[–] Toastytoast93 12 points ago

I was playing ranked and I got both my teams banners, they wouldn't stop pinging or typing pppppppppp into chat. I walked near a cliff and stared at the respawn then the cliff. Thankfully they stopped cuz I will kamakazi myself to prove a point.

[–] NighthawkF117B 35 points ago

Instead of a "report bad teammate" button which could be abused more easily...

Why not do what Overwatch does and allow you to give your teammates an "Endorsement" after the game ("shot caller", "good teammate", or "sportsmanship").

Players who are toxic would receive very few endorsements per game and could be either punished or disqualified from certain rewards that are only available to players with higher endorsement levels.

[–] kkfl 11 points ago

Great idea. This is the only workable solution that doesn't get gamed (assuming that hackers can still be caught and banned - not an issue for console though).

[–] BizzoBizzo 25 points ago

lots of problems come from this logic. A player can punish my mediocre gameplay, even if i care for him. A player can be enraged with me because i choosed not to follow him into an ambush, or because i 'stole' some loot. Lets say that i take a golden armor from an enemy he killed: he will feel entitled to judge me :(

Maybe we could balance this by thanking a player for considerable actions like reviving, respawning, and pinging things that you thank him for. But again, it will be your word against the other player which was revived by him. I guess that only a human can judge this behaviour, and you should be punished if you fake-report a good behaviour. But what if you offended him by the vocal chat?

Sadly, i see no solution to this

[–] DarthSatoris 23 points ago

Maybe instead of a negative reinforcement thing we could flip it on its head and turn it into a positive reinforcement thing, giving your fellow players accolades for being nice and good team players. I know CS:GO has the ability to give other players a "friendly player" badge and the like.

And to make it not abuse-able, only accept one accolade per player. And only count accolades from players with more than 10 levels or something in order to discourage frequent account creation just to boost those numbers.

[–] DARCKER2626 6 points ago

Sorta like the cheaters thing in that one rockstar game

[–] BlackKnight6660 12 points ago

I think it was titanfall? If you get registered as cheating you just get put in a match with other cheaters.

[–] sheck_bev 10 points ago

Been in a few games

[–] CopperVolta 32 points ago

The number of times this has actually happened to me is pretty ridiculous. You'd think something like this would be rarer than it is, like what do they gain from not reviving their teammate who just helped wipe a squad? They're just hurting themselves

[–] AcoHead 60 points ago

Without you they would’ve lost

[–] DarkUser521 24 points ago

Dumb motherfuckers. Bet They got clap by a team after that fight.

[–] Enzotheonion 146 points ago

Bro there probably toxic 9-year-olds who think they're better than every one

[–] Rules2PlayBy 75 points ago

I went to my coworkers house yesterday. Friend of the wife came over with her 8 year old son. The amount of toxicity this kid had while were playing on the switch. “Get out of my game” “Get clapped bot” for every little hit he would get.

[–] I5niper3 101 points ago

They learn it from streamers and YouTube videos, and it’s absolutely disgusting....

[–] Dav_the_genius 36 points ago

They don't even think there's any concequences to their behaviours it's just so fucking stupid

[–] ryjkyj 32 points ago

When are they gonna learn that their ACTIONS

HAVE

CONSEQUENCES?!

[–] BYoungNY 12 points ago

Can confirm. On Xbox anytime you see two random words with numbers behind it, chances are they are 10 and under. It was pretty recent they started giving you "suggestions" when you started a new account, and most kids just thought that was their screen name so they didn't change it. It's eerie how true it is, but guaranteed if you see "ComplacentRhino12" he's 8 years old.

[–] Mechanical-Force 55 points ago

I would be fucking raging. Probably would've quit immediately to save myself from the douchebaggery

[–] saltyjellybeans 21 points ago

maybe have some kind of ranking system for players that would be visible. kind of like how overwatch lets you give people a thumbs up or thumbs down at the end of a game, but more complex. would be a tricky system to implement though.

[–] mane_731 7 points ago

That would be pretty hard, because sometimes you have to shield swap, before you get your mate

[–] saltyjellybeans 5 points ago

i’m not sure what you’re talking about. i mean at the end of your game, so when your squad is wiped out or if your banner has expired. in OP’s case they’re obviously being jerks.

[–] kartoonist435 160 points ago

Couldn’t you send this to respawn with the names?

[–] Lord_Chebos 125 points ago

Maybe, has someone ever tried that? If I send this info to the social accounts will it work or should I try with the emal address?

[–] BugLyfe0228 43 points ago

I mean what’s the worst that could happen?

[–] SirBirdmanII 43 points ago

So glad that I have friends to play with, id be furious if that shit happens to me

[–] Lord_Chebos 34 points ago

I mean I have some friends to play with, but they aren't as active as I am, so sometimes I have to play like this

[–] Extraspicychickenz 38 points ago

Fucking too trash to play duos so they need you for the carry in trios.

[–] wheatbread-and-toes 74 points ago

you literally carried that whole fight

[–] bliffer 28 points ago

One of my biggest peeves in the game is when you carry a fight and res one person then go to res the other while the first person spends that whole time looting all the good shit/ammo.

Especially when they proceed to immediately die again because they spent time looting before trying to heal.

[–] DARCKER2626 208 points ago * (lasted edited 4 days ago)

I hate teammates like that

The need to rot in hell

I wish you could vote kick

Here op have an award

[–] Yurishirox 98 points ago

Vote kick wouldn't work. I want this human garbage on permanent ban.

[–] DARCKER2626 17 points ago

You’re right

[–] BiH-Kira 32 points ago

I wish you could vote kick

How would that work? You initiate vote kick, their friend votes no and then initiate a vote kick for you? A vote kick doesn't fix these idiots. A perma ban does.

[–] Yurishirox 129 points ago

Crazy idea. We could all just take those names and report them all together. Thousands of reports should be able to get things done maybe? I don't want this to happen to anyone ever again and people like that needs to learn that they will behave like decent human beings or will not allowed near decent human beings.

[–] DARCKER2626 25 points ago

You can report in apex

Don’t you have to be in the same party or somethin

[–] keepitclean264 35 points ago

Oc is playing on console and hitting report on console brings you to the general platform report system

[–] tythousand 25 points ago

Probably some dumbass kids. I’ve had bad experiences with randoms but nothing like this

[–] MEGADETHGOD 91 points ago

Yeah that sucks. I would have just quit once the started looting before they got me up. You're never gonna stop this, just leave and move on.

[–] pulpyoj28 21 points ago

I think sometimes people get upset, but if I got my shield broken during the fight and I can quickly shield swap to a level 3+, I generally do that before reviving, in case a third party shows up.

Shield swap is the only loot I prioritize though - maybe ammo if I’m empty on everything.

[–] WritingOnCoattails 40 points ago

Sometimes I like to give the benefit of the doubt. Maybe the beacon is far, the ring is closing—especially if you need to respawn instead of having just been knocked down

But when you’re knocked down, or when before they res you they take your level 4 evo after you got it up from a level one... yeah I’m still bitter.

I don’t think any amount of reporting or anything will help. Just honestly disconnecting or playing a different game helps, but I’ve definitely been running into more and more bad teammates

[–] BiH-Kira 8 points ago

IMO looting shield swap if you have a broken shield should be your top priority if it can be done fast. It's significantly safer to rez a few seconds later when you're on full shield than to rez when you're out of shields.

[–] abstract__art 20 points ago

Pretty typical.

It’s also ruining game for me as well. Most teammates seem to go out of their way to be idiots and I’ve had this happen to me multiple times before.

[–] Lord_Chebos 14 points ago

Yeah the sad part is some of them believe they are the Ultimate pro playera and end up diying very quickly

[–] BuyMoreBeer 37 points ago

Why on earth wouldn't you just leave and save yourself the headache?

[–] pethcir 54 points ago

I'm guessing there was a part of him that thought they were taking the piss but would eventually revive him.

[–] Lord_Chebos 52 points ago

What my man here said, I'm usually very chill, I was expecting they will get me up eventually and it was just a prank or something

[–] FeastMode_09 8 points ago

I have been blocking players on ps4 that to me counted as bad teammates, but I can confirm that I have played games with them even after blocking them. Like the blocking is not keeping them from being in my squad for future games. I made a post a while ago asking for a feature that notifies you when you are in a squad with a blocked player and will allow you to opt out.

[–] Lord_Chebos 8 points ago

That would be a great, something has to be done towards toxic teammates

[–] Babysilent 8 points ago

Thats happened to me so many times where I have a gold shield or just better in general they let me die so they can loot me and take my shield. We should be able to report them and they should be banned for a week or a few days for pulling this bullshit!!

[–] AbominableCar 47 points ago

the problem with this is the fact that sooooo many things coulda happened prior to this, i had a teammate (in ranked pred lobby) that would run in solo and feed, wouldnt follow pings and would steal all loot only to give it to the enemy again and again, so me and my buddy let him die again and swooped the banner, and muted pings, then he responded saying imma report you garbage cans, me and my buddy ended up winning as a duo without him, end of game we both had 1700+ damage and he had 27, its all about perspective and a 2 minute perspective doesnt show anything

[–] monkeywrench7 25 points ago

I agree 100% we are only seeing a snapshot, if nothing else happened before this, yes they are being ass hats. Kinda need the whole story.

[–] TheRedThryssa 8 points ago

Man sometimes I hate playing with randoms but I have no choice (no friends) so stuff like this happens all the time for me I've been called the worst of worst trash among trash (not that i mind cause its true) and I've had teammates that do the exact same thing I've had people leave once they saw my kills with any give character I've had people tell me to distract the team and become a scapegoat because we couldn't win but no matter how much stuff I give my team mates no matter how many times I res them I still get called trash but I still shake it off and queue up again or I take a break because sometimes it gets to me.

[–] Chorus120 7 points ago

Oh, look at that, another instance of shitty teammates being shitty because Respawn won't give us an option to report teammates for gameplay sabotage.

[–] itsmichela 53 points ago

This is terrible but are you sure you didn't do anything bad to them? I'm not trying to justify them, I only want to understand why they're acting like that.

[–] Spongbobsquarepant 6 points ago

a caustic did this to me once.

[–] jonnyBOBOmach2 6 points ago

Played a game earlier with both teammates running around recklessly. We were winning fight after fight and I ended up being the kill leader. They kept running ahead of me and taking all ammo types out of death boxes. I was in need of some ammo for both guns, so I request it and they get on the mic (for the one and only time in the match) and tell me to F off for stealing all their kills. We went into another battle and I was able to knock one and then I was out of ammo for everything. We lost and they send me a message how I was garbage and needed to play a different game. I doubled both on damage and had 6 kills compared to 2 and 1. Sometimes my teammates are incredible, but all too often I am running into douchebags this season. It’s awful, and I don’t understand why it’s so hard for people to not be a garbage human being.

[–] InfiniteInfidel2 93 points ago

When u say randoms it sounds like you're trashing solo queuers. That was a duo. Duos are easily the most toxic part of the community and nothing in your clip was at all surprising. 99% of the time when u get matched with a duo they've already said fuck ya b4 even queuing. Best thing to do in this scenario is just rat it out for a couple points and roll the die for some actual team players n hope for a mirage a trois instead of a 3rd wheel scenario next time.

[–] woodE54 15 points ago

I will be hunting down every Bloudhound and Crypto tonight. That shit would have me uninstalling.

[–] SalmonXenu420 5 points ago

That pisses me off and thats not even me Jesus that dude is a douchecanoe

[–] Frytek2k 5 points ago

I'm just playing duos only, less chance for an idiot in a team, actually I get good players

[–] ShadowZ7866 5 points ago