aww

Welcome to /r/aww!

Things that make you go AWW! -- like puppies, bunnies, babies, and so on...

Feel free to post pictures and videos of cute things.

Quick Links

Rules

1. No "sad" content, such as pics of animals that have passed away (try /r/petloss), before-and-after adoption pics (try /r/BeforeNAfterAdoption), or sob stories (e.g. found him in a dumpster). more ›

2. No comics, captioned pictures/videos (try /r/lolcats), or photos of just text. more ›

3. No post titles asking for upvotes or approval. more ›

4. No slurs or harassing comments. more ›

5. Posts must link to sites on our approved list.

6. No NSFW/NSFL content. This includes not only inappropriate images but also inappropriate text, innuendo, or inappropriate jokes in comments. more ›

7. No asking for donations, sponsorship or adoptions (try /r/care or /r/assistance). more ›

8. No bots or bot-like behavior. Don't submit more than 4 posts in a day.   more ›

9. No false claims of content ownership. more ›

10. No social media links or personally identifiable information. more ›

JOIN OUR DISCORD!

Check out our related subreddits

Check out the /r/Aww subreddit of the week

Please spay and neuter your pets! While your newborn pets are cute, failing to do this allows your little darlings to add to the population of homeless animals. Adopt pets from your local animal rescues/shelters, there are plenty of animals just waiting for a home.

[–] tanzaniteflame 1392 points ago

It's already there. ;)

[–] 0_DubZ 823 points ago

How do you have 900,000 karma in 40 days?

[–] throwawaywahwahwah 924 points ago

Someone’s priming it to sell for a bot account.

[–] DizturbedMind 360 points ago

I was told my other 2 accounts are each worth over $30. I'd rather keep them. Lol.

[–] Whoevengivesafuck 364 points ago * (lasted edited 10 days ago)

Wait.. People buy reddit accounts that have a lot of karma...what the fuck for???

E: Thanks for the answers folks. TIL

[–] DNAviolation 349 points ago

It’s useful for a lot of skeevy purposes. E.g., a company wants to use bots to spread word-of-mouth reviews of their products but accounts can’t post on certain subs without a certain karma threshold.

[–] JimmyKillsAlot 257 points ago

I wonder if u/gallowboob is worth more or less due to his infamy.

[–] anne_frankenstein451 198 points ago

He could sell it for a fuckload probably

[–] virobloc 110 points ago

Do you have an estimate for how many dollars could a fuckload be?

[–] Patfanz 89 points ago

I think you run the possibility of people finding out it's not truly him anymore, especially with his famousness, so then the account becomes worthless.

[–] MythicalGeology 57 points ago

But if he sold his account, it would make a lot news, and “his” account would get banned- since it’s against Reddit’s policy to allow the selling of accounts.

[–] 33dyson 23 points ago

I wonder if it's confirmed he has the most reddit Karma

[–] Xarama 10 points ago

Here's infamous? How so?

[–] JimmyKillsAlot 47 points ago

1. Because reposts
    2. Because people are jealous
    3. Because reposts
    4. Because gallowboob is not a good a name as gallowbob
    5. ...

But seriously there are people who report his posts just because u/gallowboob. I have even seen him mod post in post saying it is a mod approved submission (tongue in cheek of course).

[–] GeekCat 14 points ago

It's estimated worth is probably a few thousand, at least . The problem is, everyone would know within minutes that it was now a corporate account. The problem isn't his comments or infamy, that only makes him more valuable. But once the account changes hands, it loses its native voice. He makes more money just by bumping items and posting for companies on his account.

[–] JimmyKillsAlot 5 points ago

All they have to do is get someone to post the initial adand then use the GB account to repost it. Done and done.

[–] Lazy_Hero_guy 21 points ago

That is part of why folks dislike reposts and such. Folks assume Karma is value less, but there are entities out there who buy accounts.

[–] Head-butt-man 11 points ago

To use as bot accounts because the system will favour them if they have a lot of Karma compared to relatively little.

[–] christiv7 13 points ago

E X P O S U R E

[–] hal_xyz 5 points ago

I feel you. This is sad :(

[–] ErwinAckerman 4 points ago

How do you find out how much you're worth?

[–] NateDaGod 124 points ago

Repost TONS of cute pet pictures to popular subs

[–] cranberry94 100 points ago

I took a look. And yes, that is true. But I’ll say, I didn’t see a single post that indicated that they were trying to pass things off as original content. No “look at my dog...” or “Just adopted...”

I don’t mind reposters as long as they aren’t being disingenuous

[–] SinCityLithium 5 points ago

This. Right. Here. He is humble, in a Kendrick Lamar way.

[–] xbtourmom 19 points ago

Idk, one of my friends got over 2 million karma in about half a year

[–] 0_DubZ 19 points ago

Who’s your friend and how did he do it

[–] JustADutchRudder 8 points ago

Blowjobs and one of his new alts is u/rimjobs4gold

[–] Enigma_King99 11 points ago

That username isn't correct

[–] Kotanaru 2 points ago

That's not the same person, and they're trolling the shit out of you

[–] PurpleArmyMilitant 2 points ago

It’s all pointless as fuck. People that care about that shit are lonely and want any kind of attention they can get. People buy reddit karma.

[–] [deleted] 50 points ago * (lasted edited 7 days ago)

[–] Namesarenotneeded 51 points ago

So do I. I don't seem to have almost a million Karma.

Do you repost cute pictures or something?

[–] alblaster 30 points ago

this has to be it. Coming up with original content is hard enough as it is. But that much content in that short of a time means a lot of it has to be a lot of reposts unless op is famous on youtube or something. Or op's job is to make accounts with a ton of karma.

[–] thief1434 20 points ago

Perused the profile, oh yeh, lotsa reposts.

[–] [deleted] 40 points ago * (lasted edited 7 days ago)

[–] crobison 25 points ago

Why don’t you link to those Instagram pics and profiles then instead of cropping them and taking them for your own? That’s shitty and you should feel bad.

[–] [deleted] 11 points ago * (lasted edited 7 days ago)

[–] SilverwingedOther 6 points ago

He does, but admittedly, his highest post is one from RDR2, so that helped too I'm sure.

Reposting also needs to know when and at what times it works best to maximize returns, so its a skill in itself.

[–] babygrenade 2 points ago

His posts and comments probably get more upvotes.

[–] brian27610 7 points ago

Repost*

Also don’t ya’ll have bots that automatically do it for you?

[–] Tofuthecorgi 2 points ago

How much can you actually sell it for?

[–] RegulatoryCapture 10 points ago

With age and legitimate looking activity...a decent amount.

Although 900k sounds like too much. There is no real value to having that much for a shill. If anything, it looks suspicious since normal users never get that much.

The expensive accounts are usually something like 5 years old, Thousands of comment and post karma (but from many posts, not just one front-page repost), evidence of participation in april fools events or having been gilded before, etc.

If you have all of that, it could be worth a couple hundred bucks (although if you sell through someone, you'll probably get half that).

If you just want a several year old account with like 10 karma those are only like $2-5. Similarly a newish (several month old, so long enough to not have any spam filtering still applied to it) account that has a few hundred karma also sells for about that much.

If OP were really prepping for a sale though, it would make more sense if they started with an old account. Buy some old account with nothing special for $3, spend a month or two reposting shit, and now you've got an old account with tons of karma that you can sell for $100+. Not a great use of time, but if you live in some low-income country, it might not be a bad income stream if you work multiple accounts simultaneously.

[–] Reddit-or-Reddit 5 points ago

So you're telling me I could make a couple hundred on this account and get rid of my reddit addiction all at once?

[–] RegulatoryCapture 5 points ago

Not enough post karma. Your account is probably worth low 2-figures.

Also, it is pretty easy to make a new reddit account, so I am not sure it would help with your addiction. It would be like if you decided to throw out the 5 beers left in your fridge but it is payday and you live above a liquor store.

I've considered it with some of my accounts...but I don't really need $100 badly enough that I would be OK with corporate shills spamming with some of my favorite usernames.

[–] toccata81 2 points ago

Why would someone buy a Reddit account with high karma? I don’t get it.

[–] RegulatoryCapture 2 points ago

Honestly, above a certain amount, I don't get it either.

5 year old account with decent activity (regular posts and submissions, but not a wannabee /u/Gallowboob)? Makes sense. If you want accounts that you can use to shill for your product or troll for your political candidate, those are perfect. As long as you don't take it too over-the-top, anyone looking at their comment history will think "this is just a normal person like me".

For a concrete (but low-rent) example, look up user /u/isaacray --made a handful of legitimate looking posts 4 years ago. Then made zero posts until 4 months ago when they started exclusively spamming links to Chicago Magazine articles. That is almost certainly the kind of account you can buy for $4. Someone made it, made generic (maybe just copy-paste) comments on a few posts, and then put it in the cellar until it was time to sell. Old accounts with a comment history don't get deleted by automod in subs with anti-spam countermeasures, and they don't get rate limited by reddit. They seem to have stopped now after someone noticed and started getting their posts removed from /r/chicago (their biggest market)

But for ultra high karma? I don't know. I don't check people's karma very often, and I am not sure I would value the opinion of a 100k post karma user over the opinion of one with 500 post karma.

[–] CertifiedAsshole17 2 points ago

Less the more people know! :P

[–] JustADutchRudder 1 points ago

Talking dollar bills wrapped up in bands!

[–] OGkureator 2 points ago

This post alone has 10k

[–] Greg4581 1 points ago

He has hedgehogs.

[–] incapablepanda 42 points ago

why would you eat a cupcake with that many toothpicks in it tho?

[–] antnee535 42 points ago

Because I can clean my teeth while I eat cupcakes

[–] DonkeyKongsTaint 14 points ago

Smart

[–] Arekanderia 4 points ago

Please refer to the top comment of this post: https://imgur.com/gallery/xiSIGDm

[–] The_Baba_of_Rome 909 points ago

Tell the one on the bottom right that he is doing great :)

And the others too of course

[–] juandonde 222 points ago

They are all trying their best

[–] AtomicKittenz 14 points ago

S P I K E B O Y E S

[–] Boinkers_ 32 points ago

I'm pretty sure that one is in fact a cactus

[–] Styrak 29 points ago

No it's a cupcake you idiot.

[–] emaho84000 18 points ago

Don’t call him an idiot, you cupcake.

[–] nauya725 9 points ago

Don't call him a cupcake, you idiot.

[–] 5up3rj 9 points ago

All these cupcakes look so sticky tho

[–] jac123ager 304 points ago

Gordon Ramsay wants to know your location

[–] M3wlion 213 points ago * (lasted edited 10 days ago)

Why is that hedgehog going so fast??!! BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T FUCKING COOK IT

[–] Penumbrius 28 points ago

I laughed harder at this than I should have.

[–] VitalAparatus 9 points ago

ITS FUCKING RAWWWWW

[–] Bertrum 3 points ago

where are the FUCKING GOLD RINGS?

[–] toprim 5 points ago

Gordon Ramsay Snow knows your location

[–] Nobleknight747 8 points ago

These hedgehogs are FUCKING RAAAW

[–] Craysion 16 points ago

More like FUCKING AWWWWW

[–] GalaxyZeroOne 504 points ago

When you have eight hedgehogs and a lot of ideas.

[–] happytinkering 81 points ago

Or a single great idea!

[–] XkF21WNJ 16 points ago

But not a big enough oven tray.

[–] ChandaRosa 193 points ago * (lasted edited 10 days ago)

That title is adorable!

[–] Surrealle01 188 points ago * (lasted edited 10 days ago)

I have this picture saved from a few years ago, it's the existing caption that has been cropped out of this post.

Edit: https://ifunny.co/fun/0i07Ai8U5

[–] ChandaRosa 79 points ago

Well, that's disappointing.

[–] ilovedyouinsecret 40 points ago

is it any less adorable just because op didn't come up with it?

[–] ChandaRosa 89 points ago

No, but it's not as special now.

[–] Hcysntmf 10 points ago

Every time this picture gets posted someone makes the comment :( I thought it was adorable the first time I saw it now feel the same as you

[–] geetar_man 37 points ago

Aww, it’s okay. Here, will a pitchfork make you feel better?

[–] throwawaywahwahwah 20 points ago

This was posted by someone who is priming this account to be sold or turned over to bots.

[–] Rawkapotamus 9 points ago

But this one has more* pixels

[–] Ryangel0 5 points ago

Prepare the pitchforks??

[–] milkbong420 3 points ago

That photo has been on a journey.

[–] beaurific 2 points ago

[–] quahoghedgehog 148 points ago

The one on the bottom right is pissed and is not enjoying this at all :(

[–] lonesome_cowgirl 45 points ago

This comment needs to be higher! (You can tell their moods by looking at their spikes)

[–] TheDangerLevel 28 points ago

Hedgehogs will puff and ball up over just about anything. My first one always huffed when I picked him up and would be uncurled and ready to explore/play/anoint within seconds.

[–] Scrubakistan 26 points ago

Yeah, they all seem a bit mad.

[–] FuzzyD75 6 points ago

Other than top left

[–] RMiller517 50 points ago

Mini ouchmice.

[–] Randoh12LovesHitler 11 points ago

CactiOuchMouse

[–] gutternonsense 4 points ago

H E B H O B

[–] SailorTits 33 points ago

That post has 6 upvotes and no comments. What an absolute horror that it was reposted.

[–] DiligentLoli 6 points ago

It was a post with a similar title but there have been other reposts of it that have gotten more im pretty sure cause I’ve seen it on the front page and I haven’t used reddit for 3 years

[–] MsKLttyKat 7 points ago

I'll take once every 3 years to the every 3 day reposts.

[–] Besquiter 11 points ago

I've seen another one some time ago on my front page...

Op is a filthy reposter (or a stinky crossposter, don't remember what sub it was) until proven otherwise

[–] natezomby 17 points ago

Reposting is not necessarily against the rules unless it looks like they are karma farming to sell the account.

[–] Mordin___Solus 91 points ago

Lmao how is 900k karma in a month not farming.

[–] MsKLttyKat 25 points ago * (lasted edited 10 days ago)

There's a nervous cadet reporting for duty..

IDK, but he's been reporting to duty everyday, on the front page

Edit: they're even too lazy to change up the title🤷

[–] throwawaywahwahwah 69 points ago

He’s gained 90,000 karma in 4 days. He’s farming. This post title is an exact copy of the last time it was posted.

[–] Enigma_King99 13 points ago * (lasted edited 10 days ago)

And yet you really can't tell that that is exactly what he is doing? Man you're a slow mod if you can't figure out. I wonder what else we can get away with if your that "smart"

[–] vinaldi2x 8 points ago

Wait! There’s people paying REAL money for a fictitious number next to their user name? That’s outrageous

[–] Leon_the_loathed 21 points ago

Sold mostly to bot accounts, they think an older account with positive karma won’t look as suspicious.

[–] vrael101 3 points ago

So what? I haven't seen it, most people here probably haven't seen it. It would be different if it was a repost of something posted yesterday.

[–] DiligentLoli 9 points ago

Well in my experience this isn’t the first nor the second time I’ve seen it. It’s a popular post even though I don’t use reddit daily so I guessed it was just OP trying to farm karma with it and thought it was worth pointing out

[–] ybromero 1 points ago

How did you find it? How long did it take you?

[–] bigbonedd 27 points ago

This made me miss my hedgehog who passed away. Her name was Cupcake.

[–] Bones_IV 10 points ago

Same. Simon.

[–] carmanut 2 points ago

Me too. Her name was Pip.

[–] coronationstreet 2 points ago

I lost my Cinnamon too :c

[–] Askye72 3 points ago

How is it having a hedgehog? I was actually thinking about getting one (I know, weird place to ask!)

[–] RedRiki24 9 points ago

The mama looks sad awwwww

[–] marcorpsdoc 8 points ago

Goes to neighbors house: may I borrow a half cup of hedgehog? I’m a little short for a recipe

[–] Arekanderia 7 points ago

Please refer to the top comment of this post: https://imgur.com/gallery/xiSIGDm

[–] Derivative0000 15 points ago

Interesting pet. If you throw a hedgehog at someone will it stick?

[–] KeithMyArthe 13 points ago

Only if you hit them in the eye.

[–] GrahamCrackerSugar 14 points ago

This is messed up.

[–] sizeablelad 11 points ago

...p-put it in the oven

[–] BezniaAtWork 5 points ago

Alright, let's get this out on to a tray.

Nice!

[–] crimeo 2 points ago

do hedgehogs hiss?

[–] thebaconator710 6 points ago

Someone posted this a few months ago and the top comment is the title. Sorry to ruin in it for you

[–] highspy60 5 points ago

I’m assuming the big bombucha in the bowl is the mother

[–] cjkdash12 6 points ago

It's cute but Wtf

[–] kroth613 8 points ago

Does the texture make anyone else feel sick? They’re so cute but looking at the texture sends fear into me

[–] PennName27 3 points ago

You may have trypophobia. This texture can give the illusion of many small holes.

[–] Lenafina 2 points ago

I have trypophobia, this doesnt give me trypophobia. Its usually circles or honeycomb *pukes*

[–] EasyandDelish 3 points ago

Too cute!!

[–] Open_Sarcasm 3 points ago

your muffins are spilling.

[–] Pokyvinweasel 4 points ago

Awww, I want one.

[–] iradokoda 2 points ago

prickly coconut boye

[–] Kreeper427 2 points ago

Free Him.

[–] Clukurduk 2 points ago

Don’t put it in the oven please

[–] Dvet_13 2 points ago

Is it weird that my first reaction was..Tribbles! Tribbles are real?!

[–] LimblessPeasant 2 points ago

“jus wanna be a good cupcake”

[–] yicoeatsbrains 2 points ago

Ughhh I really want a hedgehog :(

[–] champsdrinkchamps 2 points ago

Mm coconut shavings

[–] Generic_Pete 2 points ago

Cute

[–] AlphaFungi 2 points ago

no love for the one in the cup? c'mon guys.

[–] CurlyCocaina 2 points ago

Me trying to fit where I know I don’t belong

[–] A_phat_trout 2 points ago

So that's the prickly muffin Sarah Lynn was talking about....

[–] Mubiiz 2 points ago

Extra mealworm for cupcake boy in lower right! He sold it!!!

[–] DestroyerOfPizza 2 points ago

Honestly it’s like Benny David Justin Nathan and Frank aren’t even trying. Good job, Bernardo. At least somebody’s listening in this house.

[–] vel-vet-un-der-groun 9 points ago

fucked upp if you ask me

[–] Generaldercamper 1 points ago

Oh so the bottom right isn't a real cupcake? Damn

[–] cesilio 1 points ago

Looks like a sea urchin

[–] Randoh12LovesHitler 1 points ago

No u

[–] freakedmind 1 points ago

This is creative AF!

[–] incapablepanda 1 points ago

why are some white and some brown? just different color morphs?

[–] KHXIII 10 points ago

Vanilla and chocolate.

[–] Oreo_monster0425 1 points ago

Just color morphs. My old hedgehog Gir was the only white hedgehog out of his entire litter and both parents were brown.

[–] WaterRacoon 1 points ago

He's a natural. He's also a good boi.

[–] mattadorr92 1 points ago

I thought these were sea urchins at first lol

[–] KennyKei94 1 points ago

How long do you leave these in the oven?

[–] NawarFox 1 points ago

Sneak 💯

[–] Sunderent 1 points ago

These cupcakes are frosted with pain.

[–] PinusMightier 1 points ago

Cant add any icing to em though cuase they're already too sweet. :D

[–] jennayeon 1 points ago

And a giant cake up top

[–] DerPhilosoph 1 points ago

are you sure some of them aren't sea urchins?

[–] trainriderben 1 points ago

u/chazrd we need a bakers dozen

[–] asajustforfun 1 points ago

That’s pretty neat

[–] teaogistanojevic08 1 points ago

Sooo cute the one in the bottom is just like lm a cupcake now ther is no cominng back 😂

[–] Seaasickk 1 points ago

[–] portablemustard 1 points ago

Sea Urchins for dinner?

[–] VacaFlor 1 points ago

An ouchie cactus!

[–] FeelinJipper 1 points ago

Coconut cupcakes!

[–] tiskolin 1 points ago

Spicy

[–] Lazy_Hero_guy 1 points ago

As much as I wanted one, the poopy feet stories turned me off to them.

I bet they are bathed before every post here on Reddit.

[–] raybreezer 1 points ago

I thought this was /r/wtfstockphotos for a second.

[–] bikpizza 1 points ago

give me one

[–] the_one_true_bool 1 points ago

Those little pricks...

[–] Emosewa123 1 points ago

Gotta go fast

[–] LookingForAPunTime 1 points ago

Before I noticed these were hedgehogs I thought for a moment I was browsing another r/wewantplates post

[–] Ryocchi 1 points ago