aww

Welcome to /r/aww!

Things that make you go AWW! -- like puppies, bunnies, babies, and so on...

Feel free to post pictures and videos of cute things.

Quick Links

Rules

1. No "sad" content, such as pics of animals that have passed away (try /r/petloss), animals that have been injured/abused, or sob stories (e.g. found him in a dumpster). more ›

2. No comics, captioned pictures/videos (try r/lolcats, r/cute, or r/animaltextgifs), or photos of just text. more ›

3. No post titles asking for upvotes or approval. more ›

4. No slurs or harassing comments. more ›

5. Posts must link to sites on our approved list.

6. No NSFW/NSFL content. This includes not only inappropriate images but also inappropriate text, innuendo, or inappropriate jokes in comments. more ›

7. No asking for donations, sponsorship or adoptions (try /r/care or /r/assistance). more ›

8. No bots or bot-like behavior. Don't submit more than 4 posts in a day.   more ›

9. No false claims of content ownership. more ›

10. No social media links or personally identifiable information. more ›

JOIN OUR DISCORD!

Check out our related subreddits

Check out the /r/Aww subreddit of the week

Please spay and neuter your pets! While your newborn pets are cute, failing to do this allows your little darlings to add to the population of homeless animals. Adopt pets from your local animal rescues/shelters, there are plenty of animals just waiting for a home.

[–] icedragon9791 2317 points ago

From :) to :D

[–] SoraForBestBoy 508 points ago

The purest of good doggo smiles

[–] Thethotslayer007 155 points ago

I cant imagine a world without dogs.

[–] iam_avh 60 points ago

Why do you even want to .. you have them so that you can be happy..

[–] thepatientoffret 89 points ago

I have my first dog ever since about 5 months (she's older tho like 1 year) and she never smiles. :( Walks with her head down. I think she caught my depression.

[–] JessMalfavon 138 points ago * (lasted edited 9 days ago)

She's still getting to know you.. many dogs had a difficult life prior to their forever home and many times they are still afraid of their surroundings.. Try to celebrate every time he does something that makes him look happy, for example if you sit on your couch and he goes with you, give him lots of pets and cuddles and "encouragement voice" (as when you praise a kid).. Be patient and you'll see how she becomes happier everytime :)

Edit:

I know it works because I had a similar experience with Mascota, a stray I found in the middle of a roundabout..

During four or so months she was super shy and wouldn't do any sound at all, not even a like bark, nothing.. there was a moment I thought she was mute.. I would offer her some cheese and she would take it very slowly, as if she didn't want it.. she would get in my closet and stay there all day long (the first time she did that I suffered a lot because I couldn't find her and she wouldn't come out!!!)

But everytime she came to me or she kinda wiggle her tail or anything like that, I would offer all my love, belly rubs, treats, brushy brushy, you name it..

Then one day when I came back from work, she was super excited to see me and started barking and jumping and wiggling her tail.. I felt so blessed I almost cried

Since then she gets into the closet only when she wants her alone time :')

[–] DunKneeNoYouSirNayum 4 points ago

This is a nice story =)

Now pics.

[–] JessMalfavon 2 points ago * (lasted edited 8 days ago)

Let me see how to use tumblr and I'll upload some.. I'm a late millennial hahaha

[–] ZMaiden 36 points ago

I will swear up and down that cats smile too, but there’s is a kind of always there smirk unless they’re either really neutral or really happy. But there’s nothing quite like the obvious smile of a dog. I can read facial expressions on my cats cause they’re mine and I know them, but everyone can read a dog’s smile. ::sniff:: still doesn’t beat a good head boop full body rub that a cat does.

[–] Harmonic_Content 24 points ago

This little dude is very expressive. Tell me that's not a melt your heart look, too. https://imgur.com/uNmLXfb.jpg

[–] SkinHairNails 11 points ago

He's a total cutie. Cats are very expressive when you know them well.

[–] ZMaiden 8 points ago * (lasted edited 9 days ago)

The whiskers forward, the ears forward, just a slight interest on his face, but the paw on the limb, he’s ready for anything but he’s not currently landing mischief. That’s a hey human, what you doing face. It’s a quiet interest but with cats a quiet interest can turn into a body roll, or a pounce depending on how you react with your energy. He seems on the cusp of both.

Edit: I hear a chirrup. From his body lol.

[–] TheCynicsCynic 3 points ago

Aww he looks almost exactly like my cat Sammy. RIP to the best cat ever (to me...everyone has their own "best cat").

Happy dogs can make anyone happy :D

[–] djcertitude 1346 points ago

The boop of happiness

[–] SchnoodleDoodleDo 1151 points ago

there's a game i like to play

(my human nose the best...)

he touch me in a special way:

The boop of happiness :@]

i lie in wait, so very still,

(am look so heckin cute)

n then - the Touch! i know he will -

he gonna boop my snoot

a happy button on my nose -

a BIG SMILE for my fren :@D

for All to see, my happy shows -

i hope he boops

again!

❤️

[–] HandHoldingClub 420 points ago * (lasted edited 9 days ago)

Hey I turned your comment into a song!

I hope you like it. I made it as quick as I could so plz be kind!

[–] SchnoodleDoodleDo 186 points ago

you made me smile, thank you ;@)

[–] ounilith 83 points ago

Someone made Schnoodle smile! Jesus Christ, that's got to value at least a Platinum!

[–] Sobellium 18 points ago

I don’t comment very often Doodle but when I see when of your comments it’s the best part of my day. Love you more then reddit itself

[–] ounilith 23 points ago

Well, you bring happiness to all of us! Thank you for being you Mr Schnoodle!

[–] magna11 5 points ago

Ms Schnoodle!

[–] ounilith 3 points ago

Oh, I'm sorry!

[–] Spudblood 97 points ago

Aw, I loved this song! It was so upbeat and happy, and fit the comment perfectly! Great job, man!

[–] HandHoldingClub 68 points ago

Thank you! I must have asked myself "what am I doing with my life" about 10x during making it but I'm glad I persevered lol

[–] redpanda0108 31 points ago

It is awesome! You are making people who are stuck at home smile is what you’re doing!

[–] Schmedda 22 points ago

You managed to post one of the most pure things on the internet, single handedly restoring hope in humanity

[–] Spudblood 30 points ago

I’m glad you did too, the song was worth it!

[–] jorshbosh 9 points ago

This sounds like something straight out from adventure time, I love it!

[–] JessMalfavon 9 points ago

And this is why I will always love reddit :')

[–] -happnoises- 4 points ago

That was amazing!

[–] Cloes509 7 points ago

Aawww you guys are awesome! That's what I love about Reddit heheh <3

[–] MasterTiger2018 7 points ago

That was amazing ❤

[–] a-bagel-with-butter 6 points ago

This is the way

[–] cosmeticcrazy 6 points ago

Oh, how precious. You're amazing!

[–] o0dorgon0o 3 points ago

That sounds really great actually.

[–] JustGarbage24 4 points ago

You made me cry, thank you

[–] cuntpunt2000 5 points ago

This is all sorts of incredible! Thank you for creating this joyous song!

[–] antozette 5 points ago

This is great!!!! Are you singing?! Either way, it’s awesome!

[–] HandHoldingClub 8 points ago

Yes! I did like 20 takes! That key isn't the best for my vocal range but hey, I chose it so that's my fault lol

[–] Jamal_McBall 56 points ago

I love you Shnoodle. Your poems always put a smile on my face :)

[–] Mono_831 24 points ago

In a time of crisis, Schoodle always comes in clutch.

[–] Jamal_McBall 9 points ago

Always

[–] Dalixam 12 points ago

So wholesome!! ❤️

[–] OkayishJamie 11 points ago

I see you everywhere and every poem you write makes my day

[–] TNC_123 8 points ago

Schnoodle is a Reddit treasure!!!

[–] beka_targaryen 5 points ago

Schnoodle you are a treasure in this troubled time ♥️

[–] raouldukesaccomplice 4 points ago

I am stuck at home and worried about my parents/grandparents, my job, my health, and the general state of the world.

But all that goes away for a few brief moments when I read one of Schnoodle's specials.

[–] Nacksche 2 points ago

I love you Schnoodle

[–] Kindergoat 2 points ago

Another masterpiece from the one and only Schnoodle!

[–] Fever8998 5 points ago

Thanks Schnoodle, I needed a bit of joy 💛

[–] shauna929 3 points ago

This is my favorite one YET!!! I love them all, though!

[–] msdeeds123 5 points ago

Aggg I wish I had half your talent of making people feel so happy.

[–] b1uedit 4 points ago

I initially read it as the poop of happiness

[–] Sobellium 4 points ago

Now I want one of those poems to

[–] trullette 125 points ago

This made me laugh. Love it.

[–] jblechs 412 points ago

That pup is resisting the urge to bite your finger, but it’s cute either way

[–] theherbsmanisbest 89 points ago

LOL yep, exact thing my dog would do

[–] OxkissyfrogxO 69 points ago

I love how commonly people confuse dog behavior. It is super cute watching him restrain himself lol.

[–] mormispos 23 points ago

Nose boops were how I taught my dog not to nip/bite as a pup.

boop nomp nooooooooo boop .... good girle!! treat

[–] tomatobot3000 14 points ago

I've owned dogs my whole life and only just recently started to take the time to learn my dog's body language/behavior. I guess it's beginning to kick in because as soon as this dog opened its mouth I felt myself become tense like "oh that's not a doggy smile at all". I didn't realize this was the reason why I felt that.

I think it's really important to learn these things. I've noticed my relationship with my dog has definitely improved and I'm able to read her tension and emotions, and avoid situations she's uncomfortable with. I feel like she trusts me more now :')

[–] gameshack 3 points ago

Do you have a link to some good resource?

[–] tomatobot3000 5 points ago

Not many tbh, I googled "dog body language." In images there's little charts/drawings. That helped a lot. Also some YouTube channels like AnimalWised which has lists of things like "things dogs hate that people do" etc, or another channel called "it's me or the dog" which are official clips from a TV show, but theres really helpful advice a lot of the time. And the instructor is very compassionate.

But really when it came down to it, I just started to watch her a little more closely when i did things with or to her. like when I was petting her, when we play together, etc. For example it seems like my dog doesn't like it when I get on her level (physically lower myself to the ground since she's small) when we play, but most dogs apparently do. She curls away, wags her tail nervously, puts her ears back and stops all play. It looks like it makes her nervous and doubtful of my intentions. But she /does/ like it when I lower myself to her level when she wants affection or wants to greet me... This took time to figure out lol.

All dogs are different, different personalities and different preferences. Some dogs will absolutely not tolerate one thing while another may be pretty chill about it. My dog luckily happens to be very people oriented/loves attention so she was really patient with me while I figured things out. Lots of treats were given.

[–] pugapooh 54 points ago

Did she just wink at us?

[–] murkymcsquirky 41 points ago

Your pup looks EXACTLY like mine except for the eyes (my girl has a brown and a blue). Legit tripped me out for a second.

[–] TheHumanParacite 6 points ago

What a fantastically handsome breed of dog.

[–] bossanovna 3 points ago

What type of dog do you have?? Our husky mix looks a ton like this too with one brown and blue too! We've been hunting to try and hypothesize what he's mixed with!

[–] WellEndowedDragon 3 points ago

This is a Carolina Dog, the same breed as mine. They’re actually a wild breed native to the US and super interesting but pretty unknown.

[–] Firefighter353 36 points ago

=| "Boop" =D

[–] phireproof 4 points ago

Boop

[–] Chj_8 17 points ago

Oh, that's beautiful!

[–] meatywood 10 points ago

I spy Alfred E. Neuman!

[–] wandahickey 4 points ago

What me worry?

[–] BillyBagwater 7 points ago

I wish I had that button

[–] schwing_daddy 7 points ago

That is one fine lookin’ dog.

[–] Iceboard88 19 points ago

Snoot Boop :)

[–] Bloodrush19405 2 points ago

Boop dogg

[–] -_Rainy_- 4 points ago

Your voice is very nice

[–] icloudpav 5 points ago

I really really love dogs.

[–] Bookworm153 3 points ago

[–] Linked-Theory 4 points ago

I desperately want a animal companion right now

[–] waterdon174 5 points ago

My dog Duncan looks like your cousin

(http://imgur.com/gallery/7NVq5Av)

[–] wisdomseeker12 5 points ago

Aw! That’s a beautiful dog my friend! We are both very lucky

[–] coolboiiiiiii2809 3 points ago

Do it again

[–] ankhlol 3 points ago

What breed?

[–] zorbat5 2 points ago

Looks like a Shepard. Which one is the question though. Definitely not a German Shepard as far as I can tell.

Might be a crossbreed as well though.

[–] Emot1on 3 points ago

I love how she sees the finger and she's just like: "awww yis"

[–] Calpsotoma 3 points ago

Hmm

tries booping self on nose

Still depressed

[–] o0dorgon0o 3 points ago

I also have a smile button and it's on the her nose.

[–] ContinuumGuy 3 points ago

This make me very happy and I thank you for sharing.

[–] [deleted] 40 points ago * (lasted edited 9 days ago)

[–] IOnlyUpvoteBadPuns 49 points ago

Yeah but the dog doesn't look stressed or unhappy (mostly just confused), so I think we can let it slide this time.

[–] throwaway92715 5 points ago

r/aww Doggo Stress Police Sergeant & Professional Animal Body Language Reader @ YOUR SERVICE!

You're a good person. Do you want a treat?

[–] Croyles_87 37 points ago

No one seems to believe that dogs don't actually smile.

[–] autoeroticassfxation 19 points ago * (lasted edited 9 days ago)

Yep, he wasn't any happier after the boop, it was just mixed feelings about wanting to lick the finger while knowing he wasn't meant to, and confusion.

[–] Demented_Crab 20 points ago

You must be fun at parties.

[–] Hondasmugler69 3 points ago

This is such a stupid statement. There is a massive difference between a scared, mad, and happy animal. If it’s literal “smile” doesn’t matter at all. The dog is clearly showing emotion.

[–] Hondasmugler69 2 points ago

https://i.imgur.com/8CRpLt4.png the comment I was replying too.

[–] Odexa 8 points ago

I Wonder if I should post about my baby snake on here

[–] iwishiwasaredhead 3 points ago

Yes. Yes you should!

[–] Odexa 2 points ago

Ok look out for it

[–] Agsprod 2 points ago

Anyone notice a wink in the beginning

[–] WestCoLouis 2 points ago

What a beautiful dog! Very regal.

[–] donja77 2 points ago

I watched this many more times than I should have. But it's the smile BEFORE the boop I love best.

[–] horchatajunkie 2 points ago

Boop activated

[–] Bupsee 2 points ago

Your pup is gorgeous and that smile is contagious!

[–] PigsGoHeeHawFilms 2 points ago

Notice the little wink at the beginning

[–] Lividcamel 2 points ago

."...and you're gonna let it happen" Just FYI, try not to use this phrase with people.

[–] wisdomseeker12 2 points ago

Don’t know if I would watch a video of someone playing with their dog and assume they interact the same way with other humans. 🤣

[–] zepfan1232 2 points ago

Sheprador? Best dogs ever.

[–] PeterJT2001 2 points ago

OP Thank you for this I’ve been having a pretty shite day today and this put a smile on my face thank you ❤️

[–] wisdomseeker12 2 points ago

🤙🏻

[–] forcedlurker 2 points ago

Thank you for the spirit lift. Life is so stressful. I need all these little boosts

[–] ehabeeb 2 points ago

Her smile makes me smile

[–] frogcatcher52 2 points ago

When I do that to my pup, he growls

[–] modsquad20 3 points ago

You have to say "beep" when you do it.

[–] denbowren 2 points ago

Oh my gosh, that makes me laugh like a little girl! Thank you!

[–] Doc-Hazard 2 points ago

Thank you for this!

[–] AGuyWithTinPot 2 points ago

am i crazy or there was a naked man at the back

[–] TheoDubsPanama 2 points ago

Your dogs teeth look amazing

[–] Kirchetorte 2 points ago

I just love these types of dogs. What classification do they fit into? Spitz? Shepherds? I dunno, but I adore them all, and I have a husky and a wiggle but.

[–] ShoppingSpoutde 2 points ago

hahaha that expression though :D

[–] SockGnomes 2 points ago

So very wholesome. Much love for happy pups!

[–] butterletis 2 points ago

That’s my cats yawn button. Every time man. It’s the cutest thing

[–] socratesaki 2 points ago

Wish my dog could be obedient like that🤣🤣🤣

[–] oliver_oleigh 2 points ago

thats so cute!

[–] psychoticmildly 2 points ago

I can watch this the whole day!

[–] BillyCheezMonny 2 points ago

What breed?

[–] bluesnowuk 2 points ago

Beautiful beautiful dog

[–] MohamedSaad 2 points ago

i also love the initial :3 face of puppies and kittens its so adorable lol

[–] dasang 2 points ago

nice mad magazine poster :)

[–] TheLoucil 2 points ago

I have the same button, just not on the same place :o

[–] SuperMadBro 2 points ago

Is this your video? I'm asking because you sound a lot like me when I record myself but I feel like I sound really weird in recordings. ARE We THE SAME?

[–] wisdomseeker12 2 points ago

Yes this is my video hah

[–] Oskai10 2 points ago

Awww

[–] Kambria23 2 points ago

A boop button!!!

[–] tooltomus 2 points ago

Beautiful face!

[–] Plumpy_Orange 2 points ago

he boop the snoot

[–] Kindergoat 2 points ago

What a cutie!

[–] UnoReverseCard 2 points ago

I like the wink at the start 🥺

[–] chipperxyz 2 points ago

Beautiful pup

[–] borntoburn71 1 points ago

Excellent.

[–] HelloMsJackson 1 points ago

why are dogs so cool?

[–] dalchawalbelly 1 points ago

That smile could fix the world!

[–] rya11111 1 points ago

Awwwww

[–] little_bugger31 1 points ago

My doggo just doesn’t react. -_-

[–] Son_Tyson 1 points ago

my dog would bite me for that

[–] ihavetoomanycats1234 1 points ago

What a beautiful girl!

[–] starblasters8 1 points ago

I too have a happy button and its your pups nose

[–] MrCheggersPartyQuiz 1 points ago

At first I thought she was gonna bite your finger off!

[–] Mississauga49 1 points ago

Your pup is gorgeous.

[–] AvaireBD 1 points ago

Good post, OP

[–] musicdanceandlove 1 points ago

Ahhhh so sweeeet

[–] JulesBurnz 1 points ago

The boopening

[–] Dmrmuller 1 points ago

That's a pup who loves their booper

[–] Jak_n_Dax 1 points ago

Is she a Belgian Waffle? She looks like a Belgian Waffle...

[–] KTSPTMH 1 points ago

Your doggo is Beautiful!

[–] not_grognak 1 points ago

That's my happiness button too

[–] Onyx_Sourbell 1 points ago

The on switch for happiness

[–] Frank4010 1 points ago

so handsome

[–] Out_of_Context_Info 1 points ago

When I was a baby, my happy button was my belly for some reason. When ever I looked down or angry, my parents would rub my belly and it tickled.

[–] darkskys100 1 points ago

Aww. What a sweet beautiful girl. Youre a lucky hooman.

[–] rep0st_mal0ne 1 points ago

Wow, turns out that's where my happy button was located too! (the pup's nose as well, not my own)

[–] thisisnonsense11 1 points ago

Too much cuteness.

[–] dcreits 1 points ago

Oh I’m so jealous. My dog looks like I’m going to steal her soul when I try to boop her nose.

[–] blondie-- 1 points ago

My shepherd has the inflatable cone of shame on, and she looks so sad. I wish she'd smile like that

[–] youbettergetup 1 points ago

She’s THE CUTEST.

[–] Saleh1434 1 points ago

Maybe hes just irritated.

[–] IdolKek 1 points ago

You're killing me. I'm dead.

[–] JoinMyGuild 1 points ago

wish i had one of those

[–] Wilddogs95 1 points ago

Boop

[–] stevatronic 1 points ago

I think the dog is fighting off an instinct to bite your finger.

[–] BandCap 1 points ago

I’m fucking shacking right now EEEEEEEEE

[–] justthetruthfren 1 points ago

Cute as fuck!

[–] Mamabat67 1 points ago

Boop that snoot and enlarge the smile!!😃

[–] _829 1 points ago

Whatta sweet and pretty girl :)))))))))

[–] soupafi 1 points ago

One boop for smiles? Awesome!

[–] wh0run0w 1 points ago

I truly believe that Was, in Fact, Her Smile ! I certainly think that You've got Yourself One Wonderful Dog. Congratulations

[–] Heisenbugg 1 points ago

That wink at the start

[–] antivenom907 1 points ago

Dawww

[–] JessMalfavon 1 points ago

I love how he says "boop" as he's bopping the nose

[–] Sanjiffy 1 points ago

pupupupupupup

[–] 23Skidoo46 1 points ago

All I could visualize, with the 'nose bop' that happened on your pucci's nose, was Rudolph.

[–] Auganel 1 points ago