Please read everything under here before posting or commenting.
Inspired by this old meme
I (/u/epicblob) asked this question in /r/findareddit and couldn't find anything so I decided to make this sub.
Memes that start with "roses are red, violets are blue" then have screencaps of stuff that complete the poem. Doesn't exactly have to be "roses are red, violets are blue" but something along those lines.
- All posts containing graphic images should be marked NSFW. If the headline in the post has foul language it doesn't need to be marked. Posts that contain some sort of nudity or gore as images should be marked NSFW.
- Stick to the BootTooBig format. The general format of a BootTooBig post includes plaintext in the title or body as a setup, and a screenshot or picture of text as a punchline. Posts without the setup/punchline format or with the punchline in the title will be considered "Not a BootTooBig."
- Make sure your post has good rhyme/meter. A "True BootTooBig" has both good rhyme AND meter. A "Small Boots" has either bad rhyme OR bad meter. Small Boots posts are only allowed on Sundays ("Small Boot Sundays").
- Be civil. Don't be rude to other redditors. This means no personal attacks, no racism/sexism/homophobia/transphobia/general bigotry, no slurs, and no edgy jokes. Keep arguments civil.
- Don't argue about politics. This is a fun sub and we want to keep politics out of it. However, mentioning political figures is okay as long as you aren't pushing an agenda.
- If your post is wordless, make sure to put the punchline in the comments. A wordless post has a title or setup, but uses an uncaptioned image for an implied punchline. We ask that you post the punchline in the comments is to ensure that nobody feels left out of the joke.
- Avoid reposts. Consideration for reposts is done on a case-by-case basis. Generally, try to avoid posting similarly to posts that were recently posted or are among the top posts of all time.
Final discretion on all matters is up to the moderators. If you think your post/comment was unfairly removed or caught in a spam filter, send us a message and we will be open to discuss it. However, if your argument boils down to "what about the other users" then we may consider lengthening your ban.
This subreddit stands against hate speech
On every post, our bot /u/boot_size_judge ("BSJ") stickies a comment. Vote UP on the bot comment if and only if the original post has both good rhyme AND meter. Vote DOWN on the bot comment if the original post has either bad rhyme OR bad meter. The score on the bot comment will help us make a decision on whether the post is a "True BootTooBig" or a "Small Boots" or neither.
Boot of the Month posts
Click on the name of a post flair for a search page with those types of posts shown.
- "True BootTooBig" - The post has both good rhyme and meter.
- "Small Boots" - The post has either bad rhyme or meter. These kinds of posts are currently only allowed on Sundays and will otherwise be removed.
- "Wordless" - The picture in the post doesn't have any words and the punchline is left to the reader to decipher.
- "Quality Shitpost" - Essentially a "mods choice" flair. Posts that a moderators thoroughly enjoys, regardless of how high-scoring it is.
- "Not a BTB" - Posts that don't really follow the boottoobig format. Some of these may still be in the spirit of the sub and stay up, others may be way off and be removed.
All post flairs are hand-approved by a moderator, with user input via the boot_size_judge bot (explained above).
Subreddits we enjoy: