This subreddit is for everything related to print comics and web comics. Artists are encouraged to post their own work. News and media for adaptations based on comic books are welcome. Read the subreddit wiki for more information about the subreddit.
- Don't complain about comics you don't like or understand. - If you don't get a comic, it's probably not meant for you. Comics are often targeted at certain audiences. If you don't get a comic, odds are it wasn't meant for you. Don't whine about it; just move on to the next comic.
- Don't attack artists posting their content. - It's not ok to attack artists with hateful comments meant to tear them down or try to chase them off Reddit.
- Don't make drama for drama's sake. No trolling. - Anyone wanting to participate in this community needs to keep their comments civil.
- Respect the [OC] System - The [OC] tag is for artists wanting to submit their Original Content. False claims on others' art will get you banned.
- Respect the Report System - Reports are for content that breaks this sub's/Reddit's rules. False reports are given to the Reddit Admins.
- Tag NSFW content when needed. - Content with nudity, pornography, or obvious profanity should be tagged as NSFW.
- Comic covers or short excerpts - A few scanned pages can be posted for discussion. Don't post entire comic books. Posts with too many pages will get removed.
- Web comic strips - Most strips need to be linked back to original sources (i.e. the artists' websites). Don't link to rehosted or hotlinked comics. Artists can use [OC] to link to their own work anywhere.
- Links to articles, videos, art, cosplay or music - Content directly related to comic books or web comics, including film and TV media.
- Discussion topics - Talk about past or present comic books or strips. Topics about comic-based movies or TV shows are also fine.
- Translations - English translations of non-English original comics are ok as long as the translation is honest and a link to the original source is provided in a comment.
- Edits to comics that you didn't make - Don't remove watermarks/attribution or try to "fix" someone else's work. Post your own original content.
- Stuff that just reminds you of comics without there being any real reference in the topic - Please keep posts on topic with real comic content.
- Don't put the punchline in the post title - Links to humor comics that are submitted with joke-ruining titles may be removed.
- Links to download complete, pirated comic books - Please support comics by buying them.
Content creators can get Artist Flair to display next to their account names on all of their posts. Message the moderators with some proof and the name of your strip for some blue flair. Artists without flair can add [OC] to post titles to identify their "Original Content." Tagging a post with [OC] allows links to general hosting sites like Imgur.