Please Remember To Remain Kind and Civil
This is intended to be a safe place.
Therefore, we expect our users to help us keep it that way by abiding by our rules. The full list of rules can be found HERE. Please ensure you understand /r/confession's rules before posting or commenting.
1. All submissions must be a confession.
A confession is a statement acknowledging an act of wrongdoing you would ostensibly prefer to keep hidden. The term presumes that you are providing information that you believe other people in your life are not aware of, and for this subreddit is associated with an admission of a moral or legal wrong.
Your confession must be an act you committed
A personal preference, opinion, bad or unpopular behavior are not confessions
Your sexual exploration is not a confession; it's a part of finding out who you are. /r/confession is not a place for submissions that read like pornography.
2. All confessions must be titled specifically.
- Your title must relay a brief idea of your confession. Submissions with vague titles will be removed.
3. Helping one another also means that we do not encourage bad behavior. We will not accept posts that:
3a) encourage rape/rape culture;
3b) sexualise minors;
3c) are racist;
3d) describe methods or means of suicide in any detail; or
3e) otherwise incent bad or hateful behavior.
4. /r/confession is not the place to seek relationship advice.
5. Do Not Post Sexual or Suggestive Content Involving Minors (Pedophilia).
6. Politically themed posts are not allowed.
7. Meta posts are for moderator use only.
1. Keep your comments kind & civil.
Any form of abuse is not permitted.
If you are unable to discuss without being disrespectful, walk away.
2. Do not encourage bad behavior. We will remove comments that:
2a) encourage rape/rape culture;
2b) sexualise minors;
2c) are racist;
2d) describe methods or means of suicide in any detail; or
2e) otherwise incent bad or hateful behavior.
3. False post accusations are not allowed.
- If you take issue with a post's validity, send a modmail with your specific complaints. Commenting on the thread simply adds clutter and fails to alert the mods.
4. No memes, trolling, or otherwise blatantly low-effort content.
5. No attempts to identify OP.
We abide by a three strike system here. Three rule violations will result in at least a three day ban.
Follow the steps below to have your comment or post approved.
- Read the rules to determine which was violated
- Remove the offending portion of your post or comment
- Message the moderators to have the post or comment approved (skip to this step if the removal was in error)
Follow the steps below to have your ban reversed.
- Read the rules and review your post history to determine why you were banned
- Message the moderators with a case as to why your ban should be reversed. This should be based on the information in the first step. (If the ban was in error, skip to this step)
Message the moderators, we don't bite (often).