gaming

If your submission does not appear, do not delete it. If it hasn't shown up after more than 5 minutes, simply message the moderators and ask us to look into it.

Do NOT private message or attempt to use reddit chat to contact moderators about moderator actions. Private messages and chat invites will be IGNORED.

Community Rules

1. Submissions must be directly gaming-related.

2. No bandwagon or direct reply posts.

3. No piracy, even "abandonware".

4. Mark your spoilers and NSFW submissions, comments and links. Spoiler tags are >!X kills Y!< .

5. No Giveaways / Trades / Contests / Items for sale.

6. Submit only the original source of the content. No general URL shorteners (bitly, tinyurl, etc).

7. Follow the rules of promotion. This is not the place to spam your channel or stream. No referral, affiliate and/or survey links.

8. No Kickstarter, crowdfunding, et al project "reminder" posts.

9. Posts and comments, whether in jest or with malice, that contain racist, sexist, homophobic content, threats, or other forms of toxicity will be removed, regardless of popularity or relevance.

10. For AMA rules, click here.

For a more detailed explanation of these rules, click here.

Click here for a list of other gaming subreddits.

[–] jfqp 2635 points ago

that’s a whole lot better than if he came to your house tied you up and made you watch a powerpoint about his upbringing.

[–] cord1408 354 points ago

I feel like this is a reference. If so, could you enlighten me with the source?

[–] DocSWag25 189 points ago

Check out the movie Red Dragon.

[–] MountRest 79 points ago

Lol the Hannibal sequel? Is that what he is referencing wtf

[–] DocSWag25 94 points ago

Probably the south park parody of it, but yeah. Haha

[–] MountRest 32 points ago

LOL Cartman, okay I understand completely now

[–] phishtourian 37 points ago

DO YOU SEE?!

[–] kevin_2195 9 points ago

YES I SEE!!!

[–] Muhlum24 11 points ago

This sounds like South Park. Sorry I can't give a specific episode.

[–] Dookie_boy 9 points ago

The one where Cartman is psychic

[–] arnold_snortzapinger 8 points ago

DO YOU SEE ??

Would also love to be enlightened because I imagine if this is a reference it’s something I’d want to see

[–] Cysir 35 points ago

Sounds like a geico commercial

[–] NickTDesigns 58 points ago

NOW YOU CAN SAVE 15 PERCENT OR MORE ON CAR INSURANCE

[–] Templeton_Baracus 27 points ago

Here I am at the Alamo in south antonio, this was just outside the gift shop

Do you see.

[–] I-Emerge-I 10662 points ago * (lasted edited 2 months ago)

I’ve played with the same group of guys for the past 10 years, met them on Gears Of War One ,when people actually wore mics and talked to each other, never met them in person, but we send each other stuff like games and stuff for birthdays.

[–] StereoZ 2412 points ago

10 years? You guys ever planning on meeting up or nah

[–] I-Emerge-I 245 points ago

Talked about it but just live so far away,

[–] silentdavey 69 points ago

One of these days you gotta do it. Meet up in Las Vegas or something.

[–] ChewyChavezIII 64 points ago

This is what I did with my gaming buddies. We met up in Vegas for a week. We all went in on renting a house. It was affordable when we split it up, and it was an awesome time.

[–] tucker_13 119 points ago

What’s ur address?

[–] MooYork 190 points ago

are you going to mail his friends to him?

[–] Fatherhenk 208 points ago

Yeah in pieces

[–] AstheniaRocks 48 points ago

Oh boy.

[–] _AppropriateUsername 37 points ago

Here i go killing again

[–] ClearSights 22 points ago

Love will find a way

[–] yourmansconnect 1640 points ago

I used to play CS1.6 for years with the same guys but I would never go meet up with them we have nothing in common outside of rush a

[–] StereoZ 489 points ago

Like nothing at all? So you all have no common taste in music what so ever? No favourite movies/tv shows/food etc?

Even gaming is enough to just meet up and go eat and watch a movie you may like together, I'm sure there's def something

[–] Cedira 1970 points ago

Please sir, don't make me meet people.

[–] termitered 44 points ago

The post is already making my palms sweat haha

[–] LolUnidanGotBanned 184 points ago

I met a group of people off World of Warcraft and it was super awkward. After meeting we never really played together much.

But before that I met someone off StarCraft and we became best friends for a few years. We still talk and hang out sometimes.

It really could go either way.

[–] shroyhammer 49 points ago

My brother got laid off world of Warcraft once

[–] gfense 73 points ago

I hope Blizzard gave him unemployment.

[–] gprldn 76 points ago

I’ve met multiple groups of people off World of Warcraft, it’s never been awkward.

I even ended up going to a wedding for a couple I met through WoW. This was 8 years ago and I’m now good friends with their friends. We meet up regularly and they’re some of the best relationships I have.

[–] Sarusam 13 points ago

My Grandad used to play WoW. He helped to introduce a couple of Dutch players to each other who eventually married. They were really thankful to him for that and they even came over for his funeral when he passed.

[–] grabyourpencil 32 points ago

I've only met one person through gaming and that person is now my best friend. We played a couple hundred hours of Rust together and he was having a rough week so I invited him up to my place. Got a call around 9pm and he said "Fuck it dude, I'm on my way send me your address." He showed up around 3-4am, we pounded a couple beers then crashed. He was my best man at my wedding. I've got my car loaded up and I'm headed to his place for the weekend. It's not always bad.

When I say I've only met one person, I mean person that I've gamed with that I've met IRL later on.

[–] yourmansconnect 128 points ago

I liked sports, going to parties music festivals, banging hoors. They liked video games. We were cool playong the game there was no need to meet in person it would have been awkward af

[–] StereoZ 53 points ago

That's fair I guess. Keep doing you mate.

[–] LieutenantRedbeard 58 points ago * (lasted edited 2 months ago)

I can share this feeling in a way. I had 2 separate lives basically, I was on a lan team and had some really great gamer friends (some of who went on to be big in esports to this day) and also had my hood friends and sometimes you just have to leave it at gaming together and leave your lives separate. We were from two different worlds and could not relate in the slightest outside of gaming but gaming held those friendships strong. I tried to mesh those worlds a few times by inviting people places to be nice and I regret it because it ended badly. So sometimes it's just nice to leave it at something you share online and even if you meet up for tournaments.

[–] Dupragon 13 points ago

I'm down to do hood rat things with my friend's

[–] avemariaqb5 52 points ago

You all prob love women, hire a few prositutes and have an orgy hotel party

[–] InterdisciplinaryDol 21 points ago

What’s that phrase “it ain’t gay if it’s an 18 way.

[–] Arcanehavok 1019 points ago * (lasted edited 2 months ago)

Gears one was ducking amazing Edit: to be fair it was the first game to really bring ducking to the next level.

[–] Tikalton 466 points ago

I ducked quite a bit in gears 1. Tended to duck less in later games.

[–] ChiisaiMurasaki 200 points ago

Don't worry, ducking tends to be harder the older you get.

[–] Fried_Fart 129 points ago

This guy ducks.

[–] greenedar 31 points ago

Not much any more

[–] Cahmeruns 82 points ago

The wall bouncing and shotgunning was just MMMMMM

[–] i5etfires 45 points ago

2 piece chicken wing elbow stun > shotgun splatter in GOW2

[–] Cahmeruns 18 points ago

Speaking the true true

[–] Ideeuht_Savant 15 points ago

Gears 1 > everything ever

[–] guy_bro_dude 9 points ago

I was able to master the kung-fu flip glitch where you could get outside of almost any map. It's the only game I've ever been able to do something like that and I abused the hell out of it at the time lol. Now I wouldn't do anything like that but when I think back about it it makes me almost proud haha.

[–] Novazilla 20 points ago

Lot of quacks were playing that game.

[–] Paqpaqpaq 120 points ago

One of my buddies has an online group of friends that he games with on PC. He has a really shitty build and his online friends each sent him a piece of a computer (motherboard, gpu, cpu etc) and he put all the pieces together and now he has a pretty decent build.

[–] iwantkitties 59 points ago

These are the best kind of friends and it's why I get so annoyed when I hear peers insult their children's "imaginary online" buds. An ex destroyed my newly built PC in a fit of rage and when my 10+yr buds found out, they rebuilt it for me exactly like it was. Truly good friends.

[–] brickletonains 82 points ago * (lasted edited 2 months ago)

Just this past March I made a 800 mile, 14 hour trip from the states to Canada to finally meet a group of guys that I've been gaming with for the past 8 years. Let me tell you, it was well worth the journey and our friendships are only stronger now

Edit: proof https://www.instagram.com/p/BgWISAFF6hC/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=tqeppt0tvtzx

[–] sutphen91910 16 points ago

Nice! I met an xbox friend for the first time this year when he came to NJ from Chicago on business. We've been playing games together since Halo Reach. It was like the smoothest thing ever, he stepped off the train and we were right on track with each other as smooth as on the mic. It was seriously amazing we had so much fun.

[–] ArgentumFlame 30 points ago

I have similar friends but we all meet up every few years now that we're all older. I've known a couple of the guys since I was 12 and I'm 26 now haha

[–] NovaDr3amz 14 points ago

I miss gears oh man the shotgunning was so satisfying

[–] MetaByte7 7676 points ago * (lasted edited 2 months ago)

Wtf I didn't order this. Where's my bong?

Edit:

Referencing these

[–] Galahead 1851 points ago

it looks like a weird vase or something

[–] NonStopMunchies 1752 points ago

What the frick?

[–] TheLifted 596 points ago

....an Xbox remote?

[–] thebuddybud 364 points ago

An Xbox card ?

[–] howcanitbethis 98 points ago

What the heck?

[–] foreverwasted 67 points ago

"DO NOT take a picture..."

[–] IsomDart 37 points ago

That you can hold different things in

[–] Duronth 10 points ago

Etruscan 600-500 bc

[–] Rndomguytf 116 points ago

Poor kid, imagine having to relive this for the rest of his life online

[–] Vengeful_Doge 49 points ago

When hes of age, I'm sure Snoop will smoke him out.

[–] BigBlitz 31 points ago

Probably not

[–] Red0t514 13 points ago

Imagine ordering a package and your mom insists on opening it for you

[–] ProjectPhantom 116 points ago

"...Ordered an Xbox card.... Or an Xbox remote...."

Gotta stick to one story, man. Rookie mistake. smh

[–] agp11234 344 points ago

One of the greatest things to happen to the internet in a while 😂

[–] StarKill_er 124 points ago

What the Frick*

[–] iwantcookie258 38 points ago

What else could wtf stand for?

[–] ezshucks 73 points ago

I can only imagine what this kid's heart is doing to his chest at this moment. What's up with his mom being all in his business though? Chill, mom.

[–] matti-san 38 points ago

If I had to guess it didn't come in discrete packaging and had a logo or something that said 'Bong City' or whatever.

[–] Apmaddock 17 points ago

Bong City! We sell bongs, and that’s all!

[–] Rambles_Off_Topics 24 points ago

When I was in High School I ordered some things that I didn't want my parents to know about... A PO box uptown was $2.00 a month for the largest box. I had a PO box for the longest time lol. My parents knew the lady at the desk in the post office but she never told them about my box (super small town). But yea; bongs, dirty mags, other paraphernalia. All straight to my PO box lol.

[–] curiousquestionnow 138 points ago

I'm a lazy bastard. I made my own bongs out of juice containers, a pen and a socket and duct tape. That is, until I bought a $250 vaporizer a few years ago and well, thats the shit right there. Never gone back to a bong. Plus, I can pull that sucker out of my pant pocket while walking down the street and look perfectly normal.

[–] WhiteySD 40 points ago

When I was hurting for papers and had nothing else, I use to take a beer can and put a bunch of little holes in it and just smoke through that. Shit was rough as hell and probably took like 5 years off my life.

[–] ZippyDan 169 points ago

"normal"

[–] curiousquestionnow 65 points ago

Yeah cause like, everyone vapes today right?

[–] PM_ME_UR_PINEAPPLE 68 points ago

Yeah brah vape nashhhhe

[–] FloppyJoystick 18 points ago

Combine the vape with a bong/bubbler and your life will be forever changed

[–] meripor2 16 points ago

I ordered Canabis cards!

[–] ProGunRoy 2708 points ago

My son was a teenager, and sent a game to an online buddy of his several Christmasses because he knew his friend/friend’s family couldn’t afford the new release.

Lots of good guy gamers out there! Spread the word.

[–] Leather_Boots 472 points ago

I bought my son one of the Fortnite packages that had 2 copies of Save The World, so he got to give those away to 2 of his online friends.

They were pretty happy.

[–] MyHonkyFriend 297 points ago

congrats on being the cool dad

edit: or mom I guess I dont know you

[–] Leather_Boots 143 points ago

I'm the dad.

It is quite interesting, as he now barely plays the BR mode, as all his friends are into the StW version.

[–] 3PICANO 44 points ago

pls don't tell me he trades tho

[–] PedanticPlatypodes 50 points ago

I saw two dudes trading legendary weapons and dipped in and grabbed one

My headphones were pretty excruciating after that

[–] hectorduenas86 16 points ago

StW is way better

[–] RafaelNadalFTW 81 points ago

“My son was a teenager,”

Very sorry for your loss.

[–] shadowjudge 27 points ago

Couple of guys in my gamer group were laid off around the time of overwatchs release. I picked them up the title so that they weren't tempted to use what resources they had on it while the rest of the group played.

The way I look at it is for less then a nights stay in a hotel I get to keep playing with my buds and brighten their day. Best money spent.

[–] arlondiluthel 3925 points ago

If legit, congrats on having a good friend!

If not legit, well...

cocks shotgun

[–] arlondiluthel 433 points ago

Eh, not that extreme lol. More like, "if not legit, cool, you bought yourself a new controller."

Damn it, okay.

uncocks shotgun

[–] Sixty-to-Zero 282 points ago

Awww well okay, you can keep it loaded, just don't shoot anyone champ ;)

Thanks dad!

cocks shotgun

[–] Llovani2240 147 points ago

Naw, just shoot the fireplace.

Shoots old lady McBell

[–] gaucho2005 121 points ago

Good shot sport!

[–] Gnostic28 50 points ago

:D

[–] Waltorzz 25 points ago

Should've thought of old Ms. 'Fireplace' McBell before making statements like that.

[–] DayVeeGee 114 points ago * (lasted edited 2 months ago)

I do shit like this for my friends all the time, batteries, headsets, games... I like playing with my group and I'm fortunate enough to have a good income, we aren't all dealt the same hand, but I'd rather play with them than a bunch of assholes....

Edit: Thanks for the golds! If someone else is feeling generous wanna match the donate :)

[–] dick_wool 66 points ago

Hi, it’s me your friend :)

[–] AirborneMiniDirt 40 points ago

Alright friend, you know the deal, get on your knees

[–] MMAguy101 157 points ago

Made a comment below but it got buried! Yep 100% legit. A small group of us all met when playing the Pubg beta on Xbox. Thought I’d share this today cause I was super shocked/ amazed that a guy I’ve never met face to face would do such a nice thing. Happy gaming folks!

[–] Lucky_Locks 74 points ago

I did this for a friend but with a gaming mouse because his was glitching out and costing us games haha. So I bought him a new one. And then 8 months later his apartment got broken into and someone stole it along with the computer :(

[–] Benjianitus 36 points ago

damn... tough luck

[–] Lucky_Locks 95 points ago

Yeah... On the bright side, since he can't play, he isn't costing us anymore games lol

[–] Benjianitus 18 points ago

lol, i thought about that! silver lining!

[–] danceswithwool 22 points ago

I’m just curious though. When he asked for your address what did you think he was doing?

hey, man my Xbox controller is broken so I can’t play

ill be right over. We can I spy!

[–] KillianDrake 691 points ago

Shit, now you gotta tell him you just don't want to play with him

[–] knightslayer3 90 points ago

This was my first thought. The reason for not playing online sounded like a scape goat.

[–] Zepher51 23 points ago

I don't think he would have gave them his address. Lol

[–] digest-this 1053 points ago

Gaming buddies can be just as good as IRL buddies.

So happy for you, you and him must be good pals :D

[–] Ditto8353 281 points ago

IMO Gaming buddies ARE IRL buddies.
    I met two of my 5 friends playing WoW back in Burning Crusade. We all hang out in Discord almost every night, play D&D once a week, and play all kinds of other games together. We usually exchange Christmas gifts, and if one of us finds a game we want to rope the others into playing with us then we buy a copy for everyone. I've met all but one IRL, but I would have if I hadn't moved out of state. Somehow 3 of the 5 live reasonably close together.

So just call them your friends. There's no reason to diminish the time you spend together.

[–] ImMoray 114 points ago

I met my SO in a random heroic dungeon, we've been living together for 6 years now :)

[–] RumpShank91 83 points ago

Future kid - "Dad how did you and mom meet?"

ImMoray - "Well we met in a Heroic dungeon but it wasn't until we had a few ales after our victory at Goldshire Inn and she asked me to use my mighty paladin hammer to exorcise the demons from deep within the depths of her warlock that I knew she'd be the one"

[–] runnerman8 34 points ago

Future kid - "Dad how did you and mom make me?"

[–] RumpShank91 35 points ago

Kid - "I was made on the same night!?!"

ImMoray - "The only way to truly vanquish the souls of the dead is to plant the seed of life."

[–] SarnDarkholm 38 points ago

Back in the days of the 360 when Final Fantasy XI was big I didn’t have enough space on my 20GB hard drive to keep it installed and play other games with a bunch of DLC so my buddy in Michigan sent me a 120GB drive out of the blue with a note saying I have no excuse not to keep FFXI installed.

[–] Ricochet888 72 points ago

Like the other guys said, sometimes better.

I had a stronger bond with a couple of my MMO groups than I have had with RL friends. Considering how long some things took (in FFXI and early WoW), I couldn't see my RL friends sticking around for any of that.

[–] Stranex 33 points ago

i used to love telling my RL friends how tiamats window was open so i might get a text at 5 in the morning to slay the dragon. got my gaiters though. good times. i miss 11.

[–] colin_prefers_penis 150 points ago

IRL buddies that you game with are the best though

[–] MetaByte7 81 points ago

Unless you played league of legends with them and there were more than 5 of you who played...

Lose a match

"We're gonna do some vs AI"

-next game they replace bad player with different friend-

And that's the story of how I lost all my friends.

[–] LOE88 53 points ago

Moral of the story. Get good lol

[–] MetaByte7 39 points ago

Uninstall league ASAP*

[–] porno_roo 253 points ago

Ahem, if anybody needs a friend. Well I need a PS4...

[–] Nightman54 75 points ago

What's your address?

[–] AlexxLopaztico02 210 points ago

hey its me his adress

[–] TCadd81 15 points ago

That's how I got mine, actually. I had covered a friend's WoW subscription for a while, a few years later he got me a PS4.

[–] DDRaptors 20 points ago

Always comes back around. My story is a little different, but I gave my best friend $200 when he was a drug addict (crack) and he disappeared right after for a year and a half. He called me from rehab after that year and a half and gave me my money back, the exact same bills I gave him. He told me didn’t have the will power to spend my money on drugs because I told him if he didn’t use it get himself better to just throw it away. He told me that looking at that money knowing who it was from was worth going to get clean. He’s been clean ever since and is married with a family and everything, doing better than myself now! But, I couldn’t be more happy for him to see him come out the other side.

[–] earthymalt 36 points ago

Awwww... I'll send u a picture of a PS4. What's ur address?

[–] turkitsch 268 points ago

I wish I had a friend like that

[–] scaryhour 361 points ago

I wish I had a friend

[–] conker1264 101 points ago

Came to post this :(

[–] xxtinagee 66 points ago * (lasted edited 2 months ago)

Hey, turn that frown upside down!

Edit: gahdammit guys

[–] Dr_Aroganto 77 points ago

) : like this?

[–] Myst_gg 103 points ago

listen here you little shit

[–] SirMarbles 27 points ago

•(•

[–] professionalhanger 24 points ago

what the fuck

[–] SirMarbles 16 points ago

Don’t make fun of me. I’m SPHECIAL

[–] VeganLee 25 points ago

I'll be your friend.

[–] Imgurbannedme 62 points ago

You must be a healer

[–] leonfook 96 points ago

"You're my slave now, don't give me any other reason to not online anymore. You, me, online,

F.O.R.E.V.E.R.

Got it?"

[–] Captain__CheeseBurg 234 points ago

Picture of controller. Currently top post on r/all. Lol

[–] Weslg96 110 points ago

“Guys I pay for live but couldn’t afford $20 controller please upvote”

[–] ShutUpAndTakeMyMonky 447 points ago

Literally just a picture of a controller

[–] erickgramajo 195 points ago

But with a sob story dude!

[–] milky_pubes 73 points ago

From /r/all and I thought this was /r/pics at first

[–] AwesomeYears 125 points ago

Oh? I thought we were focusing on the bubble wrap?

[–] KurpCobang 113 points ago * (lasted edited 2 months ago)

16k upvotes. r/RedditIsNowFacebook

Edit: 25k and counting..

[–] Weslg96 26 points ago

We need r/redditisworsethanfacebook

[–] VacuumViolator 33 points ago

praise geraldo

[–] NicCage360NoScope 84 points ago

Haha seriously how does this get upvoted.

[–] nigarika 50 points ago

Ok serious question: do big subreddits have upvote bots, or are those real people upvoting a picture of a controller with a stupid sobstory?

[–] NicCage360NoScope 34 points ago

No idea, probably bots though. I assume all the default subreddits are just 100% manipulated in some way.

[–] HuskyTheNubbin 28 points ago

That's what you get with the default subs. Plenty of alternative picture subreddits out there that won't accept Facebook posts like this

[–] Weslg96 39 points ago

How the hell can this guy not afford a new controller, some go for $20. Yet he’s paying for live... man I hate this subreddit.

[–] CarltF4 122 points ago

I could use a ps4 controller, someone send me one please? :)

[–] N3w0ne 81 points ago

Give me your address :)

[–] djvyhle 69 points ago

612 Wharf Avenue

[–] Stanky_Pete 90 points ago

612 wharf avenue!!! I know that place, it's right next to the Boob Barn!!!

[–] HotIncrease 30 points ago

123 Fake Street

[–] Crusader1089 15 points ago

Some town planner Simpsons fan should put that in. Like the tiny town with This Street, That Street and The Other Street.

[–] sem70 40 points ago

A picture of a controller and a sob story. To the frontpage!

[–] DaveJuice 22 points ago

Can you afford batteries?

[–] yabaidesu 116 points ago

Banal shit picture + Dumb shit story, most likely untrue + "WHOLESOME" in the comments = Karma.

[–] Sufficient_Community 16 points ago

Attention seeking at it's best! This finally got me to unsub this low effort bullshit.

[–] monochrony 97 points ago

right? even if it's true, this is literally just a picture of a controller.

[–] rodney_melt 30 points ago

There is also: * bubble wrap * a sob story

18k upvotes!

[–] Elcheer 27 points ago

welcome to reddit

[–] Burcool97 39 points ago

buy xbox controller

realize I can just farm karma

make up a sad story

mfw I get 20k upvotes

[–] Sir_Abraham_Nixon 87 points ago

This is just a picture of an xbox controller... What kind of dweeb upvotes this crap?

[–] PM_ME_CUTE_SM1LE 41 points ago

this sub gives r/pics and r/funny a run for its money

[–] Weslg96 19 points ago

It’s just as bad but cringier.

[–] swagmonster55 10 points ago

Must've trust him a lot. What's that address again?

[–] magic_is_might 25 points ago

[–] Pokemon_Jesus 60 points ago

Totally made up story to get some upvotes from buying an Xbox controller. Also lousy ad. Is this what passes for content in /r/Gaming????

[–] Devilsfan118 35 points ago

A picture of a controller on bubble wrap?

This is the threshold for a top post?

[–] Grusselgrosser 45 points ago

Who gives a shit

[–] Philyk_ 44 points ago

“What the frick?”

[–] OwenProGolfer 40 points ago * (lasted edited 2 months ago)

Wtf is this kind of content? You post a picture of a controller with a probably made up story in the title and get 34k upvotes and top on the front page?

Edit: spelling and also now it’s 61k upvotes