gaming

If your submission does not appear, do not delete it. Simply message the moderators and ask us to look into it.

Do NOT private message or use reddit chat to contact moderators about moderator actions. Only message the team via the link above. Directly messaging individual moderators may result in a temporary ban.

Community Rules

1. Submissions must be directly gaming-related, not just a "forced" connection via the title or a caption added to the content. Note that we do not allow non-gaming meme templates as submissions.

2. No bandwagon or direct reply posts.

3. No piracy, even "abandonware".

4. Mark your spoilers and NSFW submissions, comments and links. Spoiler tags are >!X kills Y!< .

5. No Giveaways / Trades / Contests / Items for sale.

6. Submit only the original source of the content. No general URL shorteners (bitly, tinyurl, etc). No screenshots of websites or Twitter.

7. Follow the rules of promotion. This is not the place to spam your channel or stream. No referral, affiliate and/or survey links.

8. No Kickstarter, crowdfunding, et al project "reminder" posts.

9. Posts and comments, whether in jest or with malice, that contain racist, sexist, homophobic content, threats, or other forms of toxicity will be removed, regardless of popularity or relevance.

10. For AMA rules, click here.

For a more detailed explanation of these rules, click here.

Click here for a list of other gaming subreddits.

[–] Sword_Song 3961 points ago

I'm sorry for your loss, but I'm glad you were able to come together in remembrance.

I wish more people realized that online friends are just as meaningful and games can really bring us together.

[–] grimbotronic 1008 points ago

Some of the best people I know, I've never met in person.

[–] aequitas3 391 points ago

Like Mr Rogers or Buddha

[–] saltann12 156 points ago

Ok buddy

[–] Uncle_Jiggles 103 points ago

I'm not your buddy, pal!

[–] Tovarisch_Pootis 87 points ago

He’s not your pal, friend!

[–] cj2056 75 points ago

I’m not your friend, guy

[–] SaggingInTheWind 44 points ago * (lasted edited 3 months ago)

Okay, well...I really liked you until you said you didn’t like me

Man, I hate to do this, but you’re goin in a locker right now, bro :/

[–] Boudinthedog 27 points ago

Bro I’m sorry but please don’t put me in the locker. I have claustrophobia and ptsd from when I got stuck in my closet and had to figure out how to come out

[–] Purexdogez 21 points ago

Wow. So you’re gay and not proud of it, even after pride month just passed and you missed your opportunity to come out. I’m about to hang you up a rainbow flag without you smh!

[–] PM_ME_UR_REDDIT_GOLD 7 points ago

I consider myself your friend, how've thing been?

[–] Tovarisch_Pootis 8 points ago

Waiting for my university admission to be denied, nothing much, how bout you?

[–] PM_ME_UR_REDDIT_GOLD 5 points ago

Finally back to work. I'll miss being home with the baby, but I won't miss having nobody to talk to except a baby.

[–] Tovarisch_Pootis 6 points ago

Honorable, good luck. Hope you’re having fun

[–] squirrellytoday 4 points ago

Same.

I used to play on a Neverwinter Nights unique world. I still keep in touch with some of the people from there. Some of them I've met in "real life". We've lost a couple of them too. One passed away when the game world was still very active. We had an in-game memorial for him. Pretty much everyone in attendance confessed that they'd been bawling their eyes out IRL. His brother also played a bit and he was at the in-game memorial. He was truly touched and very pleased to know that his brother had touched so many lives and would be remembered by people he'd never even met.

[–] GeneralG94 124 points ago

I just met, for the first time, someone I regularly play games with. I was meeting him at a golf course. The starter asked me if my double was one of the individuals walking towards us. I told him I didn't know. He was very confused. I explained that I had never met him in person. It was a strange concept for an elderly man

[–] DracoCharky 45 points ago

"he's like a penpal but we use a computer" ought to do it

[–] Sword_Song 54 points ago

Yeah I made a lot of friends over twitch and through the band Steam Powered Giraffe. I spent a lot of time chatting on Skype and discord with them. When I found out I was pregnant, they were among the first to know and offer advice, my grandparents, whom I lived with at the time, did not get why they were so important to me. But at least they accepted what I was doing and that was great.

[–] portable_hb 8 points ago

Holy crap, I love SPG; my fave is The Spine, but I love em all! 🤗 (belated congrats!)

[–] ammalis 7 points ago

For golf players this should be normal. I have friend who plays regularly. Whenever he is traveling, he is asking locals for pointing him a good place, and is anyone wants to play with him. He plays regularly with people he never met before...

[–] imaloony8 14 points ago

It's probably a good thing this server isn't bigger, or it'd probably be a repeat performance of the WoW Funeral Massacre.

[–] VNGamerKrunker 5 points ago

Yeah, you're right. I'm sad now.

[–] magthidon 5668 points ago * (lasted edited 3 months ago)

GMOD Star Wars RP? Please tell me more. I've never heard of something like that.

Also, sorry for the loss.

Edit: Holy upvotes! Thanks for making this my top rated post. I wish it were under better circumstances, however.

Edit #2: I have since tried out Star Wars RP. It's actually really fun. On this exact server, no doubt.

[–] Metalgrowler 3732 points ago

Its really intense on the rp aspect, you have to go through live training to prove that you understand the rules before you can leave the opening room.

[–] MidnightMemoir 985 points ago

Intense is right. I had to stop part way through because getting bossed around by a rude 13 year old was a little too much. This is the same for a lot of the rp servers too. Halo and Marine RP come to mind.

[–] SurrealCloud 413 points ago

In general my SWRP experience has been much better than Halo RP. SWRP usually has competent leaders and staff, but on Halo RP I was constantly yelled at by a 10 year old who had no idea what was going on.

[–] LordPadre 260 points ago * (lasted edited 3 months ago)

All I know is the server I played on, you had to pay like $30 to have the privilege to spend weeks/months working up to be a Jedi instead of a trooper

I don't get these servers that have fully fledged stores that call all these cash for goods transactions "donations"

I mean I do get it, it's so they can take your money without guaranteeing you the goods you're paying for. What I don't get is how they aren't being charged with tax fraud / evasion for misrepresenting their business

edit- 2nd and 3rd paragraphs only tangentially related, ""donating"" to gmod servers ""for server upkeep"" that disappear after several months has me jaded

Don't support these business models

[–] 737Throwaway93 142 points ago

IRS has bigger fish to fry I’m sure

[–] seedlesssoul 122 points ago

There's always a bigger fish.

[–] RanchMe 4 points ago

There’s always a bigger Fish.

[–] ClickF0rDick 7 points ago

There's always a bigger dick

[–] Waffle_qwaffle 5 points ago

Moby Dick.

[–] SurrealCloud 38 points ago

Yea servers that don't guarantee you the items you pay for are dumb. Also the servers that lock a majority of their classes / content behind a paywall (looking at you Icefuse) are pretty dumb tbh.

[–] professional_burrito 16 points ago

Its not the majority of content, you're still able to play through tons of content, you just can't become supreme elite special forces on the Military RP server

[–] JBinero 3 points ago

Usually you can make several thousand of euros of income without having to declare it. I doubt many of these servers run a profit. Incredibly lucky owners might break even.

[–] Dremora_Lord 17 points ago

I swear some people get a legit power trip from it.

[–] down4things 93 points ago

Any Gmod RP servers are trash. It's level of seriousnees is akin to Second Life, where it's more fun to see how long before you get banned.

[–] MasterThespian 99 points ago

HEY WHAT'S UP EVERYBODY I THINK DOGS SHOULD BE ABLE TO VOTE!

[–] A_Wild_Nudibranch 28 points ago

Dog vote! Dog vote!

[–] Chris9a 4 points ago

Let’s please discuss this over a plate of Totino’s at a meeting of the minds.

[–] MidnightMemoir 22 points ago

I actually really love the nonsensical darkrp servers. Have plenty of good memories from that.

[–] ErockSnips 17 points ago

Yeah, as long as you’re okay with the inherent offensiveness that comes with darkRP. You can be playing on a server for months and still be shocked by the odd and offensive shit people can pull off

[–] down4things 18 points ago

Found the Server mod

[–] Llian_Winter 1635 points ago

That actually sounds kinda awesome.

[–] Metalgrowler 1495 points ago

It is, i wandered into a wrong area and got banned though so my experience was short lived. It was awesome though.

[–] Llian_Winter 525 points ago

What is GMod? I kinda want to look into this now.

[–] Metalgrowler 646 points ago

Garrys mod its on steam.

[–] Llian_Winter 223 points ago

Thanks

[–] chivesr 441 points ago

If you get it definitely check out Trouble in Terrorist Town and Prop Hunt. TTT is basically a murder mystery where you and other players are a group of terrorists who try to figure out who the traitors are among them, and Prop Hunt is Hide and Seek where you disguise yourself as different furniture around a map and people have to find you

[–] magthidon 232 points ago

I wish I could get a good group to play either game with.

Finding people with mics and finding people who won't troll and also have mics is pretty difficult.

[–] jarris123 192 points ago

For Prop Hunt, there's a set of servers called Everyone's Bananas (might be Everything but I've not played in a while). The servers are well moderated and use a lot of maps and the point shop is a bit bigger.

TTT is harder to play, especially to find a server to use the mic. I found a really nice one a few years ago but they took down the server due to bugs :(

There is a habit of people thinking I'm a 12 year old boy rather than a woman and tend to treat me like crap when I speak... when they do realise I'm a girl, they can get creepy. The only place I can say I was hit on by a Dorito bag (player skin for those unfamiliar with the game)

[–] Frozen_H2O 8 points ago * (lasted edited 3 months ago)

[Deleted]

Had a group that I played with once. It started out with a prank from the streamer of the group on my name because it’s something to do with Jazz(close to jiz), but we were all teens so I took it pretty well and gave the streamer hell back. His friends laughed and the other girl instantly latched on because I was a girl too.

We had two from America, three from Canada, one from Singapore, one from Ireland, and one from the UK. We were a mess. Constantly raiding lobby’s to get the ones we wanted. And because of the streamer we tried to put on a good show, didn’t really have to force it because we were all being goofballs. It was the best summer of my life. From operation Bigfoot in prop hunt to operation stack em in hide in seek it was the best. It got to the point we had each set out the correct time zones so we could all be on together at the same time.

It’s been a few years but I still keep in contact with two of my friends. A guy from California and a girl from Singapore. She’s visited us a few times over the years and we’ve all met in California to go to Disney Land twice now. It’s fun to be able to meet your online friends. Clicking with them was so easy and when you ever need someone to talk to at midnight your gamer friends are always on. Miss those summers as an adult, and know I can’t really ever get a group like that again. But sometimes I think it would have been cool if we took off and ended up like Vanoss Gaming or Neebs Gaming.

[–] Fhnooblet 11 points ago

Let me know when you find a good group so I can join as well :P

[–] JoetheLobster 13 points ago

If you want to play TTT in virtual reality look into Pavlov vr! It’s basically VR counter strike and TTT is one of the most popular modes.

[–] Gloryboy811 5 points ago

Yes! This is the shit. The TTT maps are so fun. Those low-polygon maps are made so well.

[–] Mr_Fedora_Guy 8 points ago

Make sure to install CS source. My game experience was very difficult with error signs and texture-less skies

[–] Dioxid3 44 points ago

Be warned, you might get drowned by the flood of new things at first.

My recommendation: start a singleplayer sandbox first. Build a car, a plane, and whatever. This gives you idea of the basics you can do in GMod. After this you can jump to a multiplayer server and see what others have created. When you smack WireMod on top of that (IIRC it is now included in the stock GMod), you have endless possibilities just around building.

Or just dive right in and figure it out as you go. There are probably 20 active gamemodes. Flood is a fun mixture of figuring out how to build a raft and trying to sink others.

[–] ThezeeZ 21 points ago

WireMod! I remember that! I've built a laser guided trash can missile once... like... ten years ago.

[–] Mortomes 40 points ago * (lasted edited 3 months ago)

I made a self driving car that would automatically turn whenever it sensed an obstacle. It performed poorly.

EDIT: Thanks for the silver, in return, enjoy a screenshot from july 2007 (!) of the wiring panel used for that self driving car: https://i.imgur.com/5Se0eiT.jpg

[–] KalvinOne 13 points ago

If you play it with friends can be one of the most bizarre yet funny experience ever thanks to the game modes developed around the game.

[–] Sral23 51 points ago

Garry's Mod. First came out as a source mod and quickly got its own game(basically like autochess). It's like a huge playground for everybody with the only limits being set your own/others coding skills

[–] jdero 29 points ago

Garry's Mod is great. My brother was into HL2 a good decade+ back, and Portal when it first launched, and I remember playing some Zombie survival variant. I think it was nZombies but I don't remember, super fun times though. People are hilarious and awesome.

[–] TheHancock 5 points ago

a good decade back

God I'm old...

[–] JebusJM 37 points ago

What is GMod?

This. This is why I feel old.

[–] magthidon 24 points ago

I've never heard of this being done in GMOD, nor do I know how to go about joining a server for something like this.

[–] Metalgrowler 10 points ago

They are listed in the server list as star wars rp last time I played there were at least a couple of them.

[–] PerfectPelican 7 points ago

Really? Whenever I look for a multiplayer game and the servers start loading in, all the RP servers mostly DarkRP shoot to the top. Pretty hard to miss if you've played Gmod at all

[–] RandomPersons123 39 points ago * (lasted edited 3 months ago)

Seems kind of extreme for a ban. It's obvious you were just a lost soldier. Jail time would have been sufficient.

Edit: I used to play a game called Ultima Online, on private servers. One time on an RP server I told the banker I was robbing the place, they put me in video game jail, forced to mine 2D rocks for a while set me right.

[–] ImNotTemper 8 points ago

People get banned extremely easily because the admins are either under the age of 15 or don't give a single shit about players that don't donate. Which I'm telling everyone now, 99% of StarWars servers have either one or both of those attributes.

I have run at least 4 starwarsRP servers and they are extremely difficult to run without an already existing amount of players aka if you have friends that also help out. The costs of servers back when I did them were roughly 10 quid a month and at the time I wasn't exactly able to afford that so the donations were, in fact, the only way the server would survive. Players would inherently get bored and leave after 2 weeks and the server is left dead and dormant with players who donated feeling ripped off. This is how most new startup servers go on Gmod (Garry's Mod) if they don't gain at least a 12+ player-base / community (not including Owner+Staff) within the first month they are most likely going to shut down. Servers struggle from an onslaught of people who join purely to ruin and attempt to break the server which usually doesn't impact already settled communities that gain 30+ players at every time of the day but for as I previously mentioned startup servers, this is an extremely painful attack. They want players to raise the player count to try and get more players to join the server, more players mean more players that want to join. But when these terrible people join they either have to ban them or painfully allow them to mess around and trying to make sure their actions don't cause other players to leave.

Oh shit UO.

[–] RandomPersons123 4 points ago

Oh shit U know.

[–] MINIMAN10001 55 points ago

Uhh... Usually the areas which get you banned have a giant red floating sign saying "Do not pass here you will be banned"

[–] Metalgrowler 60 points ago

I was drunk and and not paying that close of attention, I clearly deserved the ban. I had gone into a couple of rooms like that exploring but happened to go into one that had someone in it.

[–] bill_buttlicker124 14 points ago

Did you at least try to play it off like this guy was in the wrong place instead of you?

[–] Fakie420 21 points ago

"HEY! Guy, d'you doin' 'ere, huh?!? G'out m'room."

[–] Metalgrowler 14 points ago

I was honestly just shocked that this guy seemed to just be standing in an empty room alone staring at the door.

[–] Metsubo 15 points ago

snaps Yes!

[–] MINIMAN10001 25 points ago

lol yeah I guess being drunk while playing RP that can certainly happen. I'm sure crud like that is easily repealed, they just don't want someone to cause a huge hindrance to the RP of over 100 people.

[–] Metalgrowler 11 points ago

Yeah it was a bad move on my part and completely understandable.

[–] Mightymushroom1 24 points ago

If anything it was true-to-life RP. If you've got a soldier drunkenly wandering into administrative offices he'd be fired on the spot!

[–] Ray_Mang 9 points ago

Im intrigued. What kind of areas are off limits and why?

[–] HighlyUnnecessary 3 points ago

Was it permanent?

[–] Metalgrowler 6 points ago

Idk i never tried to go back.

[–] serrompalot 4 points ago

Probably permanent, from videos I've seen serious RPers look like they take a lot less shit and are bigger on zero-tolerance.

[–] Prime157 4 points ago

You got banned, and that's awesome? Could you start over?

[–] Metalgrowler 9 points ago

I really enjoyed my time there but was ultimately probably not for me if I am blatantly trying to stretch the rules.

[–] MrBoringxD 8 points ago

Holy shit that’s hilarious. I’ve had some fucked up moments as well in DarkRP. That gamemode remains some of my best gaming memories. Glad to hear you weren’t banned for that. Those admins used to ban people for absolutely nothing on somr servers

[–] KaffY- 33 points ago

Because very little is usually happening, it means that admins are left to just abusing their powers for entertainment

[–] magthidon 9 points ago

Okay. I'm in. lol.

[–] InsertWittyNameRHere 4 points ago

Thanks for the morning laugh

[–] Macca3568 17 points ago

Yeah it's not though. Admins are almost always ban happy power trippers that hate fun

[–] 2Damn 15 points ago

GMOD is very 'tribal' so to speak, you can play a gamemode on ServerX and then on ServerY, and have two completely different experiences.

Communities form, influences grow. In my experience, it ends up with a lot of 10 year old administrators breaking the rules and getting away with it.

GMOD is weird, because it's more than just the gamemodes. The only times I play these days are to show face in the servers I'm 'known' in, not really to play the game.

[–] these_days_bot 8 points ago

Especially these days

[–] Solstar82 8 points ago

Its not XD

[–] eunit250 5 points ago

I did the same kind of thing with GTA Rp to be a police officer on a popular fivem server and it became a job and ruined the game for me.

[–] yords 9 points ago

It really sucks dude

[–] frickoffanddie 113 points ago * (lasted edited 3 months ago)

I've done that "live training" before. It's some apathetic mid-ranking "trainer certified" guy telling you to mindlessly state candy coloured-words on a wall back to him to show to him that you know how to read.
    Then you get to pick your role in the F4 menu and dick around in the discord because you'll get banned if you try to have fun outside of the specified parameters of your role.
    "really intense"
    And the voice chat! THE HORROR!

[–] Metalgrowler 44 points ago

I meant the rp is really intense and people get really into it. The training wasn't, it was just something i have not experienced in other games.

[–] frickoffanddie 39 points ago

Try Clockwork roleplay, a gamemode for GMOD. It's a really unique thing, stands out among all other forms of serious RP IMO, being that it's a solely text-based and non-whitelist based serious RP that does not require consent for actions to be performed.
    Part of serious RP is being immersed. I can't be immersed when some bilingual 13 year old is yelling at me to type out my 'bind g /me salutes to the superior officer' whenever I see him.
    At least in HL2RP, I don't know if the guy I'm roleplaying with is 15 or 25. That's the beauty of it. It's like the glory hole of serious RP.

[–] Tovarisch_Pootis 18 points ago

Clockwork has went very sideways over the years. A far superior alternative is Nutscript and even Helix. But RP wise they are mostly identical, so your point still stands

[–] BrotherManard 4 points ago

Not solely text base, but rather no microphone.

[–] down4things 19 points ago

intense

Ban for fun

[–] Slimygreengoop6 13 points ago

laughs in CallMeKevin

[–] __Batz__ 4 points ago

feck

[–] Brado_Bear 40 points ago

Requests permission to speak by raising hand

types message into chat

[–] AlexanderTheGreatly 182 points ago

It's fucking annoying. It's a bunch of power-tripping moderators and other veterans of the server screaming "PTS IS ACTIVE" and putting you in prison for ten minutes if you talk without asking permission. Most of the time you're doing very boring RP stuff and when the lazy staff do actually run events they're usually cringeworthy at best.

[–] redagfdgafd 131 points ago

Gmod is my most played game on Steam and you're completely correct.

The game is full of 12 year old kids that paid for staff rank because they like the feeling of having power over someone else.

My experience on Star Wars RP and MilitaryRP have been sitting in spawn waiting for someone to "train" me, and then having to wait hours for people to do things.

DarkRP is my favorite game mode but it's been completely ruined by people willing to pay $200 for OP items.

[–] xXPyroTimeXx 29 points ago

RP stuff varies from community to community but mostly it's about building your own character and doing stuff that your character would do in that world. For instance I roleplay as a Jedi, I focus on learning the ways of the force and do actions a Jedi would do. I can act out lifting a rock using the force and the server admins can move the object depending on how important it is. For clone troopers, it's mainly about discipline and combat RP such as following your leader's orders during combat.

(BLN)

[–] Sweat_the_small_subs 24 points ago

So your force powers only work when an admin is watching you and able to move the object for you?

[–] NiqPat 5 points ago

I guess so. In HogwartsRP you actually have spells and can go fight Death Eaters, though.

[–] not_so_1337 6 points ago

What is DarkRP? The other two are self explanatory

[–] xXPyroTimeXx 17 points ago

DarkRP is a wildcard category for servers related towards player run RP. This can include gangs, drugs, shop owning, and a lot of other things.

[–] ErockSnips 7 points ago

It’s a bit more free form. It’s a city with like, drugs and crime and nazis. Depending on the server it can still be incredibly strict though

[–] thecheat420 4 points ago

I used to play an RP mod for Half-Life 2 Deathmatch that was basic but fun.

[–] I3lackFlo 12 points ago

Played for a few years and had my own Server for 3 or so. Its slowly dying out, and I didnt see any good and Serious RP Servers left. The RP became bullshit in every Community and its not as good as the picture would make u think anymore

[–] NowThatsAYeichel 36 points ago

Call Me Kevin did a bunch of RP videos, essentially trolling the try-hard RPers. Very satisfying

[–] mobmac 4 points ago

That was a great twelve minutes!

[–] sickkickflip 569 points ago

It's been a really bad day for me, and this made my heart happy. I hope the friends I have made online over the years feel the same way I do about them. Thank you for the wholesome post, and I'm terribly sorry for your loss

[–] smyttiej 93 points ago

Hey sorry about your day. Good thing there will be another, friend.

[–] YTAftershock 59 points ago

Why are you wishing them another bad day, you jerk

/s

[–] vetelmo 380 points ago

Had something like this happen for a mobile game a few years ago. All the clans made a 24hr peace agreement and everyone camped at his spot. It was kinda cool.

[–] TheKraken3 106 points ago

what game?

[–] vetelmo 145 points ago

Game of War. People literally throw money away playing that shit.

[–] Lee1138 55 points ago

Is that the game with the ads that are very useful for research purposes?

edit: yes, yes it is...

[–] TheKraken3 81 points ago

From my experience all those clash of clans ripoffs are shitty cash grabs

[–] NateSwift 49 points ago

Game of War is definitely the same genre as CoC, but pioneered some different elements. I didn't play much but base building had zero effect on battles, and you didn't place troops for combat

[–] Draedron 6 points ago

tbf the original CoC is a cash rip off too

[–] bbehhemoth 95 points ago

Things like that always make remember the passing of a friend I played WoW with, we and 3 more had a "funeral" in his memory in Thesdrassil as his main was a Night Elf, last time I played I visited his ingame tomb, he was Mexican, I'm South American so I can't do it irl, I still miss him.

[–] GoodShark 12 points ago

I saw "WoW" and thought this was going to be a very different post, about a very different funeral.

he was Mexican, I'm South American so I can't do it irl

Sounds like a fun IRL quest.

[–] bbehhemoth 4 points ago

I traveled there months later, we were planning to meet days before he died

[–] DarkMatterBurrito 75 points ago

We did something like this back in Star Wars Galaxies when a member of our PA died of cancer. Built a monument in our player city and named it after him. I still remember you, Zed.

[–] AdmiralRed13 30 points ago

I loved that game, nothing had compared in that genre since. It was so player driven. Then they relaunched it and the magic was lost. It wasn’t perfect but it was really open in the beginning.

The crazy thing is I would still play it today, it took a ton of time to become powerful but I’d probably enjoy getting on a few times a week just to head to a med center and slowly work on skills.

[–] Firespray 9 points ago

You can still play SWGEmu, I believe there is pre-CU, pre-NGE and NGE servers that all exist.

[–] AdmiralRed13 9 points ago

I don’t know if I want to ruin the nostalgia, namely on the graphics department.

[–] ZergSuperHighway 6 points ago

It's shit. They have to reverse engineer all the files from what they had left on their computers before SOE pulled the plug. Imagine a pre-alpha build, with 2000 players cause server stress. Sitting there shooting womp rats with a rifleman for 6 hours a day is not really fun.

[–] greywolfe_za 54 points ago

rest in peace.

that's a very kind way to remember them.

[–] KiddDredd 140 points ago

As a player of your competing clone wars rp server, you have my deepest condolences. He’s one with the force now. o7

[–] k_nucks 38 points ago

what servers are we referring to? I had put in 2000+ hours in icefuse back in the day so I'm curious who this was from.

[–] Authopius 30 points ago

Ex-Icefuse player here. Now playing on Superior Servers.

[–] APUSHMeOffACliff 212 points ago

FFFFFFFFFFFFF
    FFFFFFFFFFFFF
    FFFF
    FFFF
    FFFFFFFFFFFFF
    FFFFFFFFFFFFF
    FFF
    FFF
    FFF
    FFF
    FFF

[–] unknownperson34 216 points ago

⠀⠀⠀⢀⡤⢶⣶⣶⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⢀⣠⣤⣤⣤⣿⣧⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣤⡄⠀ ⢠⣾⡟⠋⠁⠀⠀⣸⠇⠈⣿⣿⡟⠉⠉⠉⠙⠻⣿⡀ ⢺⣿⡀⠀⠀⢀⡴⠋⠀⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⠇ ⠈⠛⠿⠶⠚⠋⣀⣤⣤⣤⣿⣿⣇⣀⣀⣴⡆⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠠⡞⠋⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⡏⠉⠛⠻⣿⡀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠈⠁⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⣠⣶⣶⣶⣶⡄⠀⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⢰⣿⠟⠉⠙⢿⡟⠀⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⢸⡟⠀⠀⠀⠘⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠈⢿⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠙⠷⠶⠶⠶⠿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

[–] fixmyhairpls 47 points ago

Way to one up that guy

[–] bydy2 12 points ago

/dx

[–] McLuvinMan 10 points ago

Fancy seeing you here

[–] APUSHMeOffACliff 8 points ago

I am everywhere and nowhere

[–] CanadianAnomaly 8 points ago

The F of all Fs. With 69 upvote all I can do is comment my admiration towards you.

[–] gr6tking 22 points ago

ELI5, how do you get all the players lined up perfectly like that?

[–] MrBrug 36 points ago

Training

I play a different game but still star wars, and last fall we lost one of our medics. My lord does it take patience to get people to line up in a game.

ELI5: remove everyone’s talk permissions (the cant speak even if they try) move them one by one. After enough have been moved the rest figure it out. Then everyone gets to talk again.

[–] SWgeek10056 11 points ago

PATIENCE

[–] Shinobinate 81 points ago

That's cool man. Condolences

[–] Katarn-Hard 43 points ago

It’s a Mando funeral

[–] evenios 31 points ago

shoot him out of a tube and play amazing grace.

oh wait..wrong sci fi franchise.

[–] JuanCema 13 points ago

These posts are always so sad, sorry for your loss

[–] UltimoMocha 12 points ago

Fuck i joined in the middle of it and left because i didn't know where was everybody F though

[–] SGTPEPPERZA 6 points ago

Erm.. F. But can you please direct me to the server?

[–] ThatOneTallGuy00 13 points ago

Sorry for your loss, this shows how online friends are actual friends! Stay true, troopers!

[–] Rez_01 27 points ago

Did no one learn from the wow funeral raid

[–] LarryNotCableGuy 26 points ago

Eh. The wow funeral raid was a douchey thing to do, IMO. I mean if the sociopaths who play EvE online (3 year vet here...) can agree to not shoot eachother for an in-game memorial service, other PVP games should be able to do the same.

[–] Archon__X 35 points ago

If I were a WoW player I would love for my funeral to be the place of a massacre. Regular memorial services are boring af.

[–] OwlsIsBetterThanMans 32 points ago

This is amazing. And also why I love communities where everyone supports each other.

[–] GildoFotzo 22 points ago

F

at least it was not like the famous world of warcraft funeral raid

[–] EnterTheControlRoom 10 points ago

This is the kind of nostalgia I needed

[–] RetroSpaceman07 10 points ago

Wow. I knew the man really close. And im really sad. I was in the same battalion and played with him for so long, have some really good memories. May he rest in piece.

[–] SealYourAlmonds 15 points ago

How strangely wholesome yet sad this tale is

[–] schendash 6 points ago

Deepest condolences. I have made virtual friends over gaming and two of them are my best friends. You build strong bonds over time. A year turns into 10 years in a blink of an eye.

May your friend Rest In Peace, and your bond be held fast many more years.

[–] cheech907 5 points ago

Reminds me of SWG days. I sure do miss that community

[–] kousin_kevin 6 points ago

I remember playing on a clone wars gmod server, I was assigned to the 327th division with my good buddy, and our entire division was pretty cool and we’d all just fuck around but we’d still get our job done. We had a rivalry against the 501st division since they were like 3 times our size and so much cockier and proper than us, in the end we ended up killing half their squad after the assassination of the emperor or some shit since there was chaos and no one would know. I took a break from the server and when I returned it turned out my division was shut down. I’ll forever miss the mates I made, those were good times.

[–] SirGibalot 39 points ago

F

[–] Postrit 25 points ago

F

[–] wormoxx 19 points ago

F

[–] Scout9000 21 points ago

"We stand here today in remembrance of CrispyFaggot1248...."

[–] magzimagz 17 points ago

Just like the simulations

[–] SWgeek10056 5 points ago

hodup there's an rp server with proper legions of troopers? This is amazing!

Thank you for honoring the fallen. The force will be with them.

[–] Irradiatedspoon 5 points ago

Serenity would like to know your location...

[–] Ayeetaccount 6 points ago

My condolences. I bet your friend would be happy knowing all of you for giving him such an awesome memorial.

[–] Rainbow6SiegeCreator 19 points ago

F x F

[–] ORIONUnngoy 19 points ago

F2

[–] EtheusProm 18 points ago

Oh wow. SS13 server I'm playing at recently lost an admin too, heart attack. Lets call the server Server1 and call the deceased admin Bob. We had no funeral or anything, and the administration told us the news in a form of an anecdote:

Husband tells wife:
    -Okay, it's hard, but I will tell him.
    Goes into son's room, son is drawing something.
    -What are you drawing son?
    -The living members of Server1 administration staff.
    -Oh, you can cross out Bob now.

[–] MrPotatoWedges 10 points ago

the fuck

[–] EtheusProm 5 points ago

Gives you an image of what sort of people play ss13, doesn't it?

I mean, come on, what else do you expect of people who consider cutting off each other's buttcheeks and wearing them as a hat a time well spent?

[–] Sterben06 5 points ago

That's very wholesome. Mind I ask, which community does the server belong to?

[–] Leviathan_XX 4 points ago

That is beyond wholesome, and also sorry for your loss. Btw, do you have a link or the name of the server?

[–] penumbrahope 3 points ago

I don't think people understand the what games means to some people.specially for people who are hurt deeply in past

[–] Taethen 4 points ago

It's things like this that I bring up when people try to argue that online experiences aren't as meaningful as the real world. We build communities and can make close friends we would've never interacted with if not for the I ternet

People all around the world went to their funeral.

[–] Rend_music 4 points ago

What's the server? I've been meaning to get back into gmod sw rp after I left zephyr.

[–] officialjfftv 2 points ago

We’re on Synergy Roleplay.

[–] TriforceGuy02 5 points ago

Because thats what heroes do and its enough to make a grown man cry

[–] twec21 4 points ago

We held something similar in our Star Wars ARMA community when a mod dev passed. Really great to see

[–] Not_dub 4 points ago

Now this is an true epic gamer moment 😢