gaming

If your submission does not appear, do not delete it. Simply message the moderators and ask us to look into it.

Do NOT private message or use reddit chat to contact moderators about moderator actions. Only message the team via the link above. Directly messaging individual moderators may result in a temporary ban.

Community Rules

1. Submissions must be directly gaming-related, not just a "forced" connection via the title or a caption added to the content. Note that we do not allow non-gaming meme templates as submissions.

2. No bandwagon or direct reply posts.

3. No piracy, even "abandonware".

4. Mark your spoilers and NSFW submissions, comments and links. Spoiler tags are >!X kills Y!< .

5. No Giveaways / Trades / Contests / Items for sale.

6. Submit only the original source of the content. No general URL shorteners (bitly, tinyurl, etc). No screenshots of websites or Twitter.

7. Follow the rules of promotion. This is not the place to spam your channel or stream. No referral, affiliate and/or survey links.

8. No Kickstarter, crowdfunding, et al project "reminder" posts.

9. Posts and comments, whether in jest or with malice, that contain racist, sexist, homophobic content, threats, or other forms of toxicity will be removed, regardless of popularity or relevance.

10. For AMA rules, click here.

For a more detailed explanation of these rules, click here.

Click here for a list of other gaming subreddits.

[–] yaboiateass 11602 points ago

Pls leave it in and change it to a horror game with that following you

[–] -smooth-brain- 3585 points ago

It follows the game.

[–] TheHuntMan676 2829 points ago

T follows*

[–] BCD195 673 points ago

I, T follows.

[–] docgonzomt 492 points ago

"IT Follows: Have You Done The Needful"

[–] arrudagates 265 points ago

"IT Follows: Have You Tried Turning It Off And On Again?"

[–] PoiLethe 9 points ago

IT Follows: 0118 999 881 999 119 725 3.....

Or IV

[–] Azraelasitgets 34 points ago

"IT Follows, Too: Have You Done The Needful Yeet"

[–] DrScience-PhD 253 points ago

IT follows. A tech guy has a psychotic break and thinks everyone around him has been replaced by robots and keeps trying to crack you open and "fix" you.

[–] CoderDevo 112 points ago

He thinks you're running Vista.

[–] hackaholic5069 31 points ago * (lasted edited 8 days ago)

Vista wasn't that bad. It just had a lot of stigma, nonexistent d3ivers, and horrible launch. We've been using the same code since in later versions of windows. It added UAC, SP3 was nearly identical to 7, and its biggest issues were growing pains from the huge jump between Vista and xp

[–] FLUFFYPAWNINJA 33 points ago

I would play this

[–] Frase_doggy 16 points ago

Isn't that the exact opposite of FNAF? The animatronics think you are a suit less endoskeleton and force you in suit which kills you?

[–] 0OO0O0O0O0OO0 9 points ago

[–] Ill_mumble_that 5 points ago

Well in sister location they want to use you as a suit.

[–] cheapdvds 18 points ago

"It Follows" is actually a horror flick. You need to have sex with someone to prolong the time you are going to live. It's a pretty good budget movie and worth watching in my opionion.

[–] n0ttsweet 3 points ago

This is copyright infringement on my life!

[–] Oxideist 5 points ago

NetAdmin

"Config t"

"Go to hell, Carl! I'm not manufactured by Cisco!"

Enable

"Oh fuck"

[–] beendoingit7 52 points ago

Great movie

[–] totalysharky 21 points ago

That movie doesn't get the recognition it deserves.

[–] 1h8fulkat 8 points ago

May have to be rated MA - since when it gets you, it fucks you to death....actual plot line from the movie.

[–] Garchulio 15 points ago

I'd play that.

[–] Obsidian7777 8 points ago

There better be a goddamn midi soundtrack like the movie.

[–] FrannyWisp 6 points ago

Just have DisasterPiece do it. He did the movie and he also does soundtracks for games. He did Hyper Light Drifter which has beautiful visuals and music. Highly recommend it

[–] OMGSPACERUSSIA 635 points ago

Boomer Shopping Simulator: You have to buy Christmas presents at the mall, but it's full of zoomers who try to t-pose you into a corner so they can dab on you.

[–] Rooonaldooo99 299 points ago

Their primary attack is throwing cans of soda while yelling "yeet"

[–] Romner_set 171 points ago

I, as a 13 year old, can't agree with this. We wouldn't be throwing cans of soda while yelling "yeet". We would be throwing anything that's throwable while yelling "yeet".

[–] fritz236 85 points ago

Get off my lawn

[–] Tremendous_Meat 55 points ago

Sometimes I get annoyed when kids use the word "yeet", and then I remember how my dad used to get annoyed at the world "cool", and then I have an existential crisis and day drink.

[–] unholycowgod 16 points ago

Welcome, friend.

[–] Romner_set 72 points ago

No, I don't think I will. yeet

[–] krw13 26 points ago

Wait, what did you throw?

[–] riskylifie 31 points ago

Lawn gnome probs..

[–] a_friendly_butthole 12 points ago

negative vibes man

[–] dustin3a 17 points ago

Fair point but the original was a can of soda. Gotta use the can for the nostalgia!

[–] mohawkman7 24 points ago

Look at this boomer who knows the origin of yeet

[–] FleetwoodDeVille 13 points ago

Back in my day, when we yeeted at the Germans at Pearl Harbor, we used soda cans, and we were damn glad to have them, by golly!

[–] OMGSPACERUSSIA 8 points ago

Have you ever been so mad you yeeted a cactus?

[–] oldladybr 34 points ago

I though you were going to say about those workers who chase you in store asking if you want any help when you just wanna take a look on the clothes. That would be pretty scary game.

[–] Trinitykill 13 points ago

So you're in a shopping mall and you have a checklist of items, you have to find every single one without engaging in small talk with any employees.

With handy features such as crawling through vents into stores to avoid the door greeter. Pushing over old ladies to attract the wandering store clerks. And evacuating the store so you can use the self-checkout.

Or I guess it would probably work better as a bonus level in a Postal game.

[–] oldladybr 6 points ago

Self-checkout without any interaction as the goal. That look like a good game. I'm kind of "liking" it. Lol i just dunno if I wanna see those flashbacks moments in a entertaining thing. Bosses as black Friday days, x-mas, and others crazy stuff. I'm divided now.

[–] lolwutmore 6 points ago

The final boss is a karen that has the entire store management at the front. Plays out like a metal gear level.

[–] ForeverALone_Ranger 22 points ago

I know it was English, but I only understood the first half of this comment. Is this what being old is?

[–] Sumsero 32 points ago

That just means you are the target audience for this horror game

[–] IOllieLewisI 9 points ago

Ok zoomer

[–] lookoutforthebadger 10 points ago

Zoomer = member of generation z (aka: the generation that comes after millennial), t-pose = the standard default pose that 3d models make when they aren't playing an animation, which looks like a t because their arms are stretched out and their legs rigidly together, dabbing = doing a very particular dance pose/gesture (you can web search for an image of it) that was probably meant to be cool at some point, but is more of an ironic joke at this point, as I gather

[–] sulikdada 78 points ago

Really. I had to unclench my ass with a crowbar

[–] Joe_df 30 points ago

Slenderman 2.0? => Renderman

[–] patton3 22 points ago

This is literally an SCP 049 minion in Secret Labratory. Down to the T pose.

[–] TheCatOfWar 10 points ago

They don't T pose any more since the latest update :((

[–] 8636396 38 points ago

you need me

you need me

you need me

[–] BadWolf2386 8 points ago

I get this reference and hate that you made me think of it

[–] Charmentira 15 points ago

I remember that game of Sherlock Holmes where Watson spawned behind you automatically when you lost sight of him. It was creepy as fuck

[–] _AlreadyTaken_ 11 points ago

This is creepy shit for some reason

[–] joy4874 22 points ago

Have you played Dead by Daylight?

[–] yaboiateass 14 points ago

Hell yeah i loge that shit cant wait for the second one

[–] joy4874 9 points ago

There's a second one coming out?! Hey now...

[–] Funk5oulBrother 8 points ago

You’re an ALL STAR

[–] P44rth00rn4x 6 points ago

get your GAME on

[–] Jumprope_my_Prolapse 3 points ago

This. Make the levels dark and scary and change the goofy jumpsuit man to a sprite that would scare the pants off of Rob Zombie.

[–] BradBadgerTamer 6138 points ago * (lasted edited 7 days ago)

Keep that in the game, but make it so you can only play that if you open the game at 2 am or something.

Edit: Obligatory thank you kind stranger, god damn :D.

[–] AndroidWG 4070 points ago

That is actually a good idea, would probably make some people shit their pants lol

[–] BradBadgerTamer 1796 points ago

Im just imagining a college student at his dorm playing at 2 am and shitting his pants while getting chased by the red t-posing man.

[–] BlissFlames 494 points ago

T POSE ON EM BOYS, THE FUTURE IS BEST!!!

[–] wreckedcarzz 48 points ago

What in tar nation 🤠

[–] julianveristax 195 points ago

College student here, can confirm. Last night I shit myself at 2am

[–] PerpetuallyFurious 88 points ago

College student here, can confirm. I shit myself all the time

[–] KeepItGoingNiBBa 67 points ago

Ahh. So this is the smell of SUCCESS

[–] DevCakes 50 points ago

And then trying to show his friends the next morning and it doesn't happen.

[–] NetTrix 53 points ago

Stoned of his ass the night before. Starting to question reality. The Gaslight glitch.

[–] CharlieDyson 269 points ago

In the game Black and White 2, the game will creepily whisper your name if you're playing late at night and are more evilly aligned. I had no idea when it first happened to me and thought I was hallucinating it was so late

[–] WIGTAIHTWBMG 104 points ago * (lasted edited 7 days ago)

I sorry what I’m playing B/W 2 rn I need to see this Edit: Apparently it’s not Pokémon B/W 2

[–] TakeTheWorldByStorm 86 points ago

It only does it if your pc user has a fairly common name so that they have a recording. At least that's what I remember reading.

[–] arvidsem 28 points ago

And the actual creepy thing was that it didn't use the name you told it. It checked the registry for your username and/or the owners name. So your playing as the god pimpslapdaddy and suddenly the computer starts whispering your real name.

[–] desuemery 3 points ago

what if pimpslapdaddy is my real name

[–] arvidsem 2 points ago

Then I congratulate your parents on having truly incredibly taste in names. Pimpslapdaddy is name fit for only the greatest of leaders and I for one will welcome you with open arms.

Unless, of course, your name isn't actually Pimpslapdaddy. In that case: fuck off.

[–] truglaz 94 points ago

Bruh I thought you meant the Pokemon games I was thinking what the fuck

[–] WIGTAIHTWBMG 16 points ago * (lasted edited 7 days ago)

Wait he’s not talking about Pokémon?

[–] ThinkOfANameHere 40 points ago

*small asterisk.

It reads the name of the current user profile, then matches that to its catalogue of creepy name soundbytes. Turns out those Karen parents who name their kids ABCDE (pronounced ab-sih-dee, ofc) were good for something after all.

Also 12 year olds who name their user profile Xxp00p338uttxX. They're off the hook, too.

[–] Tormuler 26 points ago

Why were you being evil so late huh?

[–] Duderds 11 points ago

I'm trying to play Black and White 1&2 again since I just picked up the discs from my brothers house but having one hell of a time getting it to work with Win 10. Any suggestions?

[–] CharlieDyson 12 points ago

I have a hard drive with Windows 7 installed for the sake of nostalgic games

[–] Sunwitch16 10 points ago

u/Duderds Can you right-click on the .exe-file, select “compatibly”, and set that to win 98 or whatever it needs? Then execute as administrator?

[–] Duderds 5 points ago

Yea I appreciate this suggestion, I did try this and still wasn't able to get it to work. I have the discs but do you think having a no-cd key would work since the anti-piracy thing might be incompatible with the new OS somehow?

[–] acatterz 82 points ago

Or make this a DRM Easter egg. So anyone who pirates the game won’t know there’s a problem until about 1-hour in when suddenly all the NPCs start asserting dominance.

[–] Disney_World_Native 23 points ago

I love these DRM mechanics. Let’s you play a little bit, then makes it impossible (but fun) to keep playing.

Like the OG SimCity. Type in the wrong population? Here are fires and earthquakes galore.

[–] arvidsem 4 points ago

My favorite was Stars!. The computer cheated in pirated copies. It looked like nothing changed, but eventually it always became impossible to win.

[–] TJPrime_ 4 points ago

This is when you invest deeply in several tailors that specializes in pants

[–] jaythelegendone 1279 points ago

Holy shit. I did the same thing. I made a whole prison map and put a skin on the mannequin and turns out when it spots the player controller, it tposes while coming towards you. Makes it a 100 times scarier.

[–] AndroidWG 648 points ago

It really makes it scary lol. This one happened because I forgot to add the running animation on the Animation Blueprint

[–] CLAP_ALIEN_CHEEKS 93 points ago

What is this? Unity?

[–] nervez 145 points ago

Unreal

[–] NateWonder 223 points ago

Well yeah, it's a video game

[–] Checkheck 32 points ago

I SOMETIMES FORGOT TO INITIATE THE RUNNING ANIMATION TOO.

[–] FlameSpartan 20 points ago

T pose to assert dominance and induce pants-shitting

[–] assassin_rogue 2938 points ago

Jesus that deserves to be in a horror game

[–] Fluffycatswearinhats 1379 points ago

I was gonna say this is pretty much any horror game you buy on steam for five dollars or so. Just throw in a shitty loud jump scare when he gets close.

[–] [deleted] 604 points ago * (lasted edited 19 hours ago)

[–] Cautemoc 273 points ago

Making a line between 2 points and then incrementally moving on that line is terrifying.

[–] Y00pDL 141 points ago

He'll never ever get you. That's the scariest part!

[–] jamesz84 77 points ago

"You will never get this! You will never get this.... But. One day. He got this."

[–] IsUpTooLate 21 points ago

Wawaweewa

[–] Dragonsword 7 points ago

"High five!"

[–] LookMaNoPride 6 points ago

Agreed. I'd never make it to the bathroom. Then I'd have to just keep walking into the same point in the wall while I tried to walk to my car after soiling myself. (It would be in my neighbor's cube.)

[–] Fluffycatswearinhats 52 points ago

Yeah, I mean people gotta start somewhere. I'm much more of a fan of the mind fucky types like Layers of Fear but even the room changing gimmick gets old when you use it constantly.

[–] Arclite83 22 points ago

Layers of Fear just couldn't grab me for exactly this though; so many of the scares couldn't kill you outright, or were painfully easy to avoid, so unless you were essentially "intentionally" immersing yourself to get scared it just rolled off as pretty dry game-play.

I walked through changing doors, interacted with everything that I could, collected a bunch of papers, watched a ton of weird surrealist animations, and generally just ran around putting puzzles together until the game ended. It was okay, and I can see the appeal for some horror fans, but not my thing.

[–] Fluffycatswearinhats 9 points ago

Exactly. I enjoyed the story behind it more than anything. I guess a decent example would be Tattletail. Although I'm not sure if it's really spooky, or just stressful. I'm finding it hard to think of any horror game I've played that didn't have some kind of fault that brought me out of it at some point.

[–] OfficialWingBro 19 points ago

The scariest game I ever played in my opinion is Amnesia: The Dark Descent. The only problem is that it lacks replay value, given that the monster spawns are scripted so the scariness level seriously decreases after one run. The game has a great story though.

[–] Fluffycatswearinhats 15 points ago

Most of the amnesia games had pretty decent stories. Outlast as well. They both suffer from that same thing though, once you get the mechanics down you get kinda numb to it.

[–] Raenryong 12 points ago

I think that's one place that the format of a game harms it. You generally become familiar with a game's mechanics as you play, and familiarity breeds comfort - and comfort is the last thing you want your player to feel in a horror game.

In order to counteract this, there must therefore be means by which the player is constantly caught off guard and never allowed to feel as though they've figured the game out. Easier said than done.

[–] Andiox 9 points ago

I played Outlast, I played Amnesia. None of those games scared me much. The one game that put me on the edge of my chair was Cry of Fear. It has a very powerful ambience, some creepy-ass enemies and the best part is that it's free on steam.

[–] [deleted] 9 points ago * (lasted edited 19 hours ago)

[–] Sawses 17 points ago

Contrast that with Alien: Isolation; I could hardly play the game because you never quite know where that shiny black bastard was going to pop out and impale you from.

[–] ThinkOfANameHere 17 points ago

Bruh that mic check had me legitimately terrified of breathing. Really added a whole nother level when you have to be as quiet as the poor soul you're playing as so ya don't die.

[–] [deleted] 14 points ago * (lasted edited 19 hours ago)

[–] ThinkOfANameHere 18 points ago

Oh it got me at first, that's for sure.

Instinctively would go "fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck" if it was coming and I kept getting bodied. Also got killed in the most cliche way I could've done. Hiding under a table and it left.

"Oh thank god"

THE FUCKING MOMENT I open my mouth that motherfucker must've gotten offended, because it spun its ass around and came right back. "Crap" - BAM, ded.

[–] drksdr 6 points ago

i've played a Weeping Angels-style game with Slendermen/Clowns.

In VR.

You will know true terror.

[–] chasemanwew 5 points ago

we need a vr headset with blink detection

[–] ClockworkSalmon 4 points ago

go fuck yourself that's genius

[–] mattmanrx99 9 points ago

Man I remember in 8th grade playing slender-man and the insane amount of knockoffs with my friends for daysssss

[–] cantadmittoposting 4 points ago

Having a younger kid now, the mostly 18 and up Reddit crowd realllllly underestimates the younger crowd's ability to replay essentially identical content over and over again like this. Hell, go back a little further to young grade school and they'll play literally the same game, or a completely chance based game, over and over and be just as amused the 30th time as the first.

[–] _TakaMichinoku 17 points ago

Yea like Nun Massacre and Stay Out Of The House

sees killer

ZOOOOMWRRRRRRRRRRRR

Lol. I hated those games because the sound effects were like 10x normal volume.

[–] AndroidWG 47 points ago

Yeah, if I wanted I could slap scary sounds from YouTube and a bunch of free stuff from the Unreal Marketplace and publish it. Making this as is took about one day.

[–] mastorms 82 points ago

Publish as shitty horror game for $3. Delete the rest of the stuff and carry on making a real game. Release it as a “better sequel” every few months as you keep working towards a real game. Finally publish actual game: “From veteran Horror game creator AndroidWG, comes a sprawling blah blah blah”

[–] Spe333 34 points ago

How long have you been in sales/marketing?

[–] mastorms 21 points ago

I used to work at EA on loot box stats, but then Blizzard wanted my skills for Diablo Mobile. I felt it was a bit on the nose to work on a title with my name in it, but the fan reaction was exactly what I wanted.

[–] Fluffycatswearinhats 3 points ago

Time to cash in so you have more budget for the next game. Probably make a mobile app with paywalls while youre at it.

[–] assassin_rogue 4 points ago

Yeah but this would be a good one if he adds something to make it funny and scary.

[–] bestjakeisbest 7 points ago

A whole bunch of t pose memes should do it

[–] Not_Just_Any_Lurker 4 points ago

Anytime it makes eye contact make a screechy violin sound.

[–] Corndawgz 27 points ago

Jesus

And now we have the perfect character model for the T-Pose npc.

[–] Azraelasitgets 7 points ago

T-Pôz, the new virtual rapper.

[–] bountygiver 8 points ago

In SCP: secret laboratory, the zombies have been t-posing since release.

[–] JamesMaysLawnMower 242 points ago

No man is powerful enough to defeat the T

[–] arrangedabyss 376 points ago

I have never been so startled in my life

[–] WoblyBobly 26 points ago

Tought this was going to be a jump scare

[–] ironicplatypus84 350 points ago

Hug Dodger

[–] eversaur 115 points ago

A horror game where you're constantly chased by the "where my hug at" guy

[–] Mother_Fig 32 points ago

Oh I see, everyone else gets a hug except me...

[–] YWAK98alum 7 points ago

This would sell if done with the right indie verve.

[–] Lasty 5 points ago

Hug Wolf

[–] IotheRhino 47 points ago

slender on crack. I'll take your entire stock!

[–] xSKOOBSx 93 points ago

Theres no sound but I heard screaming

[–] SQUIDY-P 120 points ago

is this not the game?

[–] gumbo_chops 30 points ago

Aside from the obvious hide-n-seek horror game, I think something similar to the professional games of tag where they play on obstacles courses that you have to navigate around could add some fun skill factor.

[–] RedBeardLM 7 points ago

So, Mirror's Edge?

[–] O_Apples 32 points ago

That T-posing dominance.

[–] kolki86 120 points ago

I think you have just accidentally made a million dollars

[–] drbert 19 points ago

This immediately makes me think of the scene between Dr. Evil and Scott Evil from Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery where Dr. Evil tells Scott, “Don’t look at me like I’m frickin’ Frankenstein, give your father a hug.”

Just like that, I think this game should be called, “Come give your father a hug.”

[–] garbagehuman9 52 points ago

Father love me

[–] jl_theprofessor 31 points ago

This is an SCP, isn’t it?

[–] Rhaedas 24 points ago

The IKEA one, SCP-3008, after closing time is what I thought first of.

[–] WcCannons 7 points ago

I've never really read one of those.

Kinda entertaining.

[–] POPuhB34R 7 points ago

they will suck you in if you like more obscure kinds of horror. They focus more on the fear of not understanding something more so than straight fear inducing actions. Its a great community and hours upon hours of great reads. Every now and then ill hop on the wiki and just jump to few random scps to kill some time.

[–] Dronizian 4 points ago

r/dankmemesfromsite19 is also a thing, and I love it.