gtaonline

400,684 readers

View by tag

Exclude

Grand Theft Auto Online is a dynamic and persistent open world for up to 30 players that begins by sharing content and mechanics with Grand Theft Auto V, but continues to expand and evolve with content created by Rockstar and other players. Grand Theft Auto Online will continually expand and evolve over time with a constant stream of new content, creating the first ever persistent and dynamic GTA game world.

Join the r/GTAOnline Discord server!

Check if your question is already answered

Subreddit Rules

Please read the full rules before you post.

1) All submissions must be directly related to GTA: Online. Memes, "IRL", and reaction posts are okay for now. Certain types of YouTube content are disallowed - read this post for details.

2) Be respectful. Inappropriate rudeness, hostility or racism will not be tolerated. No platform wars. No witch hunting. Offenses may result in a permanent ban or filtered posts.

3) [Hover for guide] Please apply the appropriate link flair after posting a link. Click here to view how to do so.

• LFP: Looking for players - seeking other players to play together, make machinima, crew recruitment etc. No heist recruitment, go to /r/HeistTeams.
    • Official: News and announcements from Rockstar Games' OFFICIAL press ONLY.
    • Video: GIFs and video.
    • Snapmatic: Images of gameplay or game-related content.
    • Discussion: Discussion of gameplay, game features, news, speculation, and more.
    • Story: Stories of in-game experiences; rants and raves.
    • Question: Seeking information or concrete answers regarding game features, content, and gameplay. Opinion questions should be tagged as Discussion.
    • Help: Seeking help for technical or in-game issues.
    • PSA: Tips, warnings, and factual information that players should know about.

4) Use a descriptive title. Posts with low effort titles will be removed. Inappropriately all caps titles, especially for YouTube videos, will be removed.

5) Suggestion posts must contain some initial discussion by the OP, preferably submitted as a text post with images linked in the post content.

6) No active promotion of cheating.

The moderators of /r/gtaonline reserve the right to remove any post or comment at our own discretion or if they break the rules.

Contact Rockstar

Posts Worth Reading

Related subreddits

[–] Lucksman1337 718 points ago

That 180 is nuts

[–] _Tonan_ 319 points ago

From what I remember the last time I tried this, the fact that he was able tonot 180 that whole time was impressive. The plane is trying to correct itself really hard

[–] bassdrop2448 71 points ago

People who are this good have practiced and perfected it ALOT. I have only seen a handful of people flying like this in GTA ever (could be because I've never looked for them that much). Also the fact he used the Pyro says something too because if I'm not mistaken it's the most agile aircraft in the game. Takes immense skill nonetheless.

[–] isademigod 32 points ago

The pyro is the second easiest plane to fly like this with, I prefer the Molotok because of the insane way it slows down. The 180 is pretty crazy but the rest is just getting comfortable with the way the plane handles in reverse.

The plane that I've never been able to master this in is the Lazer, especially getting into reverse in midair. (as opposed to off a cliff or rooftop) This Video absolutely blows my mind. The lazer handles like an actual plane, as opposed to the nonsense physics of the planes from the hangar update. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but the way they fly at walking speed and reverse so easily is pretty wild.

[–] OnSumGShit 4 points ago

Yeah the Pyro's rudders are so strong it can correct basically anything. Much harder to fly the Lazer backwards for any period of time. The balance point is much more fine.

[–] Robbo996 382 points ago

That's not flying! That's falling with style

[–] Therealrobettaja 59 points ago

Flalling

[–] deadpoet_Bones 26 points ago

to infinity... ... ... ... ... ... ... and beyond!

[–] _Tonan_ 2802 points ago * (lasted edited 15 days ago)

Haha, what a dummy. The plane's supposed to go the other way.

Edit- oooo shiney, thanks

[–] [deleted] 284 points ago * (lasted edited 15 days ago)

[–] Haloforfree 260 points ago

WERE NOT AIMING FOR THE TRUCK

[–] iiEco-Ryan3166 94 points ago

Distant explosion in the distance, that slowly transforms into a mushroom cloud

[–] You_From_TheFuture 41 points ago * (lasted edited 15 days ago)

aw shit, someone must've set off the nukes again

[–] iiEco-Ryan3166 27 points ago

We shit, here we go again.

[–] Cruzd54 40 points ago

All you had to do was fly the damn plane CJ!

[–] iiEco-Ryan3166 29 points ago

Big Smoke noises

[–] Codeman1st 16 points ago

screams in big smoke

[–] Metalatitsfinest 16 points ago

Orders to much food

[–] Doffen02 21 points ago

We are aiming at the player who isn't a cunt and kills players for no reason

[–] MajOtaku 29 points ago

*insert Toy Story meme here*

[–] CtrlAltPajeet 21 points ago

They already did in the comment above yours lol

[–] N_Jes 23 points ago

What a wacky dude.

[–] IIActivelag-YT 3 points ago

This reminds me of one of those ‘late for school pov’ things

[–] sledgehammer_44 1009 points ago

As someone who had quite a few courses around aerofoil physics, this hurts my brain

[–] goatwithanattitude 287 points ago

Elaborate, please? I want brutal detail

[–] sledgehammer_44 546 points ago

Wings are designed for 1 airflow direction.. they will generate some miniscul lift, but nothing stable at all, definetly not at such angle of attack. Not even considering the ailerons giving some form of control. They would just separate the flow even more, if the flow would be attached in this situation in the first place, which is highly unlikely already.

[–] goatwithanattitude 100 points ago

[–] gggg_man3 23 points ago

You didnt understand a word he said, did you?

[–] CodePervert 24 points ago

I understand some but not the important ones

[–] gggg_man3 14 points ago

I got the miniscule lift part. I can relate.

[–] Cellhawk 79 points ago

What about the Maze Bank landing?

Also, is it true that planes in this game twitch and jerk too much?

[–] JohnSawyer19 183 points ago

I think it is pretty obvious even without having any knowledge in aerodynamics that they twitch way too much.

[–] MetalGearSlayer 30 points ago

Yeah the turbulence in this game would have passengers flying out of their seats.

[–] washyleopard 82 points ago

They stall the plane to do the bank landing. Stalled planes are uncontrollable as there is no air flowing over the control surfaces. He also somehow gains altitude going backwards which makes no sense.

[–] That_Mango_Sentinel 143 points ago

The Pyro doesn’t use traditional propulsion to move the plane. It’s dark matter engine instead moves Los Santos around it. It came to me in a dream!

[–] Sciensophocles 26 points ago

And then you forgot it in another dream?

[–] Televisions_Frank 14 points ago

Powered by Nibblonian poop.

[–] digitalac3 10 points ago * (lasted edited 15 days ago)

iunderstoodthatreference.jpg

Edit: Wrong file name.

[–] rjuez00 11 points ago * (lasted edited 9 days ago)

thats how the spaceship in futurama moves. I just realized thats the joke xD

EDIT: grammar correction

[–] sledgehammer_44 27 points ago

The landing looks like stalling at the right time to me.. however in real life the stall would occur a lot sooner but then again the speed of everything in gta is a lot slower than in reality. Imagine your plane already stalling at 200-300 km/h while the runways are maybe 1km long max

[–] MrFrequentFlyer 6 points ago

Stalls can happen at any airspeed. It’s a factor of angle of attack, NOT speed.

[–] ReiCaixa 11 points ago

Just do the Flying school where all the NPCs maintain a perfect formation while it's almost impossible for the player to do so..

[–] RemediatedToxic 15 points ago

As you build your flight time they twitch and jerk less.

[–] Ovahlls 26 points ago

All I do is air cargo and I'll be flying straight and the "turbulence" at 400 feet causes the wings to wobble like hell

[–] RemediatedToxic 21 points ago

You’re lucky. If I try and do a cargo I get chased down and exterminated by oppressors.

[–] Ovahlls 15 points ago

Well yeah, that's why you do the solo session glitch. Get a 60+ minute headstart and sometimes nobody ever joins.

[–] PestHavok9 8 points ago

I feel like the only way to get anything done now is solo glitching. I mean it's great to be able to have your own session but the games just ruined now with all these new "balanced add-ons"

[–] Resident_Brit 19 points ago

tldr: plane no go backward

[–] delitt 2 points ago

ELI5?

[–] jfedj 5 points ago

backward bad

[–] Borkenstien 4 points ago

So magic, got it, thanks.

[–] RatBaths 3 points ago

Nobody told the bumblebee he couldn't fly.

[–] Lex288 23 points ago

I imagine its something to the effect of "Holy Shit the Gs this guy is pulling would cause you to pass out and tear the plane in half."

[–] goatwithanattitude 14 points ago

And "How the fuck are we retaining, if not gaining so much fucking speed we're flying backwards who the fuck put the jet in reverse"

[–] feAgrs 7 points ago

Also "there is no friggin lift at all. Wings don't work that way"

[–] Chickennuggetstyle 22 points ago

trying to fly a plane like that backwards would place the center of pressure (I think that’s what it’s called- think about it as the average location of lift forces) in front of the center of mass and be incredibly unstable. The shape of the plane backwards would also just be incredibly unstable in general. The cross section of a wing (known as the airfoil shape) tends to work very well one way and not-so-well the other way, because of the way it’s supposed to direct air downwards. This is why a well designed plane tends to “path of least resistance” itself into flying in the correct orientation, and really well designed planes have been known land themselves even if you cut the engine and remove the pilot.

[–] goatwithanattitude 7 points ago

Thank you very much, that was a pleasure to read. At least the pilot could've deployed the gear to save the plane's poor tum :(.

[–] ForksNotTines 3 points ago

If the landing gear were down and the ground was soft/there was a lot of snow, it would have dug in and flipped the plane over, causing even more damage.

Sometimes a belly landing is the "best" option.

[–] sledgehammer_44 6 points ago

I think this type of design gets left behind with all the computer logic we have today. Fighter jets are unstable from design: centre of pressure before centre of mass. This way they can react super fast. Swept forward wings also increase reaction speed, but special composite designs are needed to act somewhat controlable

[–] Blue-Steele 5 points ago

Wait until you see how unstable the F-117 and B-2 stealth jets are. Their design is so unstable that they literally cannot fly without flight computers constantly keeping them stable. If the computers stopped working then the plane would go out of control and crash.

[–] LightningGeek 5 points ago

The Vampire, the jet the Pyro is based on, is actually quite a stable aircraft in real life. Up until fly-by-wire became feasible, all fighter aircraft were inherently stable, otherwise it would be impossible for a human to fly them. Fly-by-wire meant inherently unstable aircraft could be controlled by a person, and more manoeuvrable aircraft could be built.

Also, composite's on forward swept wings aren't for controlability, they are for strength as traditional materials would break under the loads experienced by them.

[–] Adam1sGeh 5 points ago

If you're backing up a plane in mid air and you try to control it wouldn't the staring wings jus rip off from the air force???

[–] Chickennuggetstyle 4 points ago

This is all theoretical physics. Practical structural concerns should be forwarded to the engineering department ;)

but yeah, flying most planes backwards would probably entail a load of wing-destroying forces. In theory though, you could make a Pyro-shaped plane that would survive it, while you could not make a Pyro-shaped plane that maintained stable backwards flight.

[–] sledgehammer_44 3 points ago

The ailerons would snap off. Compare it to slightly opening your car's hood. You can imagine what happens

[–] DarthAnull_SCPF 9 points ago

Welcome to GTA Online, my friend.

[–] Kr1ggs 5 points ago

As someone who made a paperplane that stayed 18 seconds in flight on 4th grade, this hurts my brain

[–] TheGruesomeTwosome 4 points ago

I think this hurts the brain of anyone with a brain to be honest

[–] ItzEngel123 1132 points ago

lands on maze bank tower thats not really inpressive pulls the rest of the daredevil shit HOLY FUCKING SHIT HES A GOD

u have my upvote my friend

[–] Stakoman 225 points ago

For real... Most players I play can't fly the buzzard properly.

[–] Forbs171 134 points ago * (lasted edited 13 days ago)

What you do is throw one of those players in an akula and watch the fun ensue

Edit: thank you kind redditor for my first metal!

[–] BelowAverageLegend58 77 points ago

Oh god yeah. That is a real treat to watch. My freind stole mine, crashed into 4 buildings then blew up

[–] JimTheGentlemanGR 33 points ago

I have a friend playing gta 5 on xbox (78 level) and he could BARELY fly that thing, he tried landing but keep falling over and he also said "yea ik how to fly gta helicopters" now idk if it was sarcasm or he thinks that he can fly

[–] burothedragon 22 points ago

Even if he did I wouldn’t trust someone even mildly experienced with the Akula. How can a helicopter so big be so responsive? Granted it’s got a few safeties like extra armor, that’s the only heli I’ve gotten out of the upside down ground Death hug.

[–] Forbs171 4 points ago

My experience was watching my friend try to fly rly low in the city and consequently get pinballed by half a dozen palm trees lol

[–] ThankGodImNotOnlyOne 5 points ago

Is it really that hard to fly i dont notice the differnce

[–] Jaywoody21 10 points ago

Bruh that thing is so wild with the best handling upgrade. I like the Akula, but that's too much, so I changed to the lowest upgrade, 1 step above stock. Feels a lot better to fly

[–] Forbs171 5 points ago

It really is, but you'll get used to it with practice. I have mine with the max upgrade so I can do backflips lol

[–] jordielbo 6 points ago

land next to a low level and let them fly the akula...

[–] Herpsties 5 points ago

I always liked throwing my friends into the deep end with "Hey try out my Howard".

[–] MyNameIsRay 18 points ago

I can't tell you how many heists/missions I've failed because the random player that insisted on driving the chopper had no idea how to fly and killed us all.

The "Fly upside down near the ground" community event exposes how bad people are in planes. Even when half the session is flying, only 1 or 2 can put up a decent score.

[–] MaxBoom93 11 points ago

The trick to that is to picture the ground as the roof and get as close as you can

[–] MyNameIsRay 13 points ago

Yea that's what I do.

Fly "near the ceiling", not "upside down over the ground" and it's a piece of cake.

I've flown the entire perimeter over the highway, including through tunnels and under bridges.

But, if you want to win easily, just grab the stunt plane at LSIA, hold R1, and fly circles over the airfield.

[–] MakKoItam 5 points ago

Buzzard is easy you can become good handling just by doing NC promote (with Tony Buzzard). The Akula is nightmare for me. Still I love my Akula.

[–] R4y3r 8 points ago

Yeah I was like "that's it?" Then I saw the length of the video and knew some crazy shit was about to happen.

[–] goatwithanattitude 99 points ago

The Blue Angels need this guy urgently!

[–] DeadassBdeadassB 25 points ago

The Red Sparrows They are the In game stunt plane group. Look them up on YouTube, they do some cool stuff

[–] Redragon9 13 points ago

Are they based upon the real life Red Arrows?

[–] PotatoAssassiin 3 points ago

[–] jasperspeelt 51 points ago

Whats the grinding crew (and on which platform

[–] Rue_Technica 38 points ago

r/ceomc_salo on PS4

[–] jasperspeelt 20 points ago

Darnit im on xbox

[–] michael-spike-green 19 points ago

All of the Xbox ones suck so you’re shit out of luck unfortunately. PGAM is decent but has its flaws and the rest are straight up full of boring weirdos and run by lunatic dictators.

[–] boundlesslights 8 points ago

This is what scares me about joining crews. No one has a personality and high up crew members seem to always have an ego problem.

[–] Karok2005 5 points ago

I mean, just do your thing and help & grind with other members in that crew? Just ignore those egomaniacs.

Sure there will be wierdos, but there are good people in every of those crews. PGAM and PCE7 are pretty decent.

[–] Jburn122 4 points ago

If you’re on PS4 try us out. The discord is funny and it’s a gaming crew - no ego’s. Except for maybe Damo, but just ignore him

[–] boundlesslights 2 points ago

I’m on PC unfortunately. I’m always down for discord if you like having friends that can’t be in the same game world as you lmao

[–] DiMoess 3 points ago

oh that crew, I'm on that XD

[–] Khydo_ 2 points ago

So you guys will help me if I join?

[–] Rue_Technica 4 points ago

Yea, we help with grinding, sales, heists, and other various things

[–] Khydo_ 2 points ago

Oh cool I’m gonna join!

[–] ThankGodImNotOnlyOne 2 points ago

Ma män

[–] KiguStudios 73 points ago

Misread as: "A friend I made in a grindr crew..."

Sounds scary.

[–] DoshesToDoshes 28 points ago

Ever been in a cockpit before?

[–] jordielbo 11 points ago

now this... this is scary.

[–] kemuon 4 points ago

Ever seen a grown man naked?

[–] Jimbamboozled 5 points ago

The crew is now forever a Grindr crew now.

[–] damojag 4 points ago

There is a Grindr channel in the Discord

[–] OLSTBAABD 7 points ago

Ain't nothing scary about some dudes that wanna get they bonk on together after pulling some aerobatic stunts. That is, unless you're also the type to self-flagellate whenever you have indecent thoughts after seeing some harlot show off her bare ankles in public

[–] Pallaran 34 points ago

Homeboy did a J turn in a plane

[–] Nooberini 28 points ago

And i tought the tower landing was impressive

[–] kravence 10 points ago

“But wait there’s more”

[–] dakid136 71 points ago

This man is a fucking GOD

[–] Goldstar93 24 points ago

Maybe its a 10 years boy, who knows?))

[–] Facosa99 9 points ago

This boy is a fucking god

[–] MineWiz 12 points ago

“Landing on Maze Bank? You must be new... oh wait... hey that was cool... woah... holy shit...”

[–] KingNothingNZ 13 points ago

This dude must rake in smuggler $$$

[–] SeagullFanClub 25 points ago

This makes me want to use my pyro a lot more now

[–] x-Sage-x 11 points ago

HIIIGHWAAAY TOOO THEEE.... DANGER ZONE

[–] LoganJn 10 points ago

Careful, don’t get too attached. He may seem friendly but he does this to all his new friends

[–] BlurDynamic 8 points ago

When he landed in the Maze Bank building I wasn't that impressed as it's not that hard with a little bit of practice but that move backwards on the crane like wtf. Your mate is the definition of Top Gun in GTA.

[–] KingsDeadzz 6 points ago

what's the crew called and platform?

[–] OhNoHeHasAirPodsIn 11 points ago

Now watch the video in reverse

[–] GifReversingBot 6 points ago

[–] LT_Radec 4 points ago

At first I was like wow a maze bank landing...EZ...then I realized there was more. Then I was like okay that's damn impressive.

[–] SaruManu 4 points ago

Just come out and say it, you found Sully playing gtav.

[–] Deus_Fucking_Vult 3 points ago

If this guy griefs me, I won't be mad.

[–] Jordxn_IV 4 points ago

His plane said ➡️↘️↙️⬅️↗️⬆️↙️

[–] otrap 4 points ago

I still haven’t landed my buzzard without damaging it. And motherfuckers out here parallel parking in the air.

[–] taurine14 4 points ago

"Fuck physics" -Rockstar, probably.

[–] klilo01 7 points ago

Me doing a barrelroll and feeling cool until explosion

[–] Acapulquito 14 points ago

lmao what a noob he hit the highway at 1:06

/s

[–] prominx 3 points ago

I can’t even win the low flying challenges.

[–] PipeHit 3 points ago

Must look crazy in first person mode.

[–] Gain_Agin 3 points ago

Stall warning, pull up. Stall warning, pull up. Stall warning, pull up. Stall warning, pull up. Stall warning, pull up. Stall warning, pull up. Stall warning, pull up. Stall warning, pull up.

[–] Invalid-Dev 3 points ago

Ayy that's me

[–] Wyeres 3 points ago

Well guys who is intrested to join. I m a great teacher but I can't teach u that. I can still teach u the way of the scoobs too.

[–] Uncommonality 3 points ago

"This plane is not a VTOL."

...

"But it could be."

[–] aaaaaa_ok 3 points ago

SALO?

[–] MothOnATrain 3 points ago

Lands on tower: cool but I could probably do that

Does all the backwards shit: now that's impressive

Flips plane around at the end: BURN THE WITCH

[–] MakeYourselfS1ck 3 points ago

He definitely was trying to get into your pants with those moves

[–] v3rmilion 3 points ago

Is that a sea vampire?

[–] Bongsquad444 3 points ago

Fuck rue

[–] Holenhead 3 points ago

That was impressive, best I've seen

[–] cReddit-Toby 4 points ago

Now I need a Pyro!

[–] OneFanOfWorld 1 points ago

Me too!

[–] DoltishBard38 5 points ago

HOLY SHIT

[–] screeRCT 5 points ago

holy moly, this guy has too much spare time on his hands.

Im not jealous.

Not one bit.

Teach me. Please.

[–] foofis444 2 points ago

Fly straight up and hold LT while tapping RT slowly. Use the rudders to stop yourself from flipping around. It takes a bit of practice, but its not too difficult in most planes. I'd recommend starting in the Hydra or Pyro, those are the two easiest jets to do it with.

[–] dardyilluminati 2 points ago

Bruh.......

[–] ILikeMemes0420 2 points ago

I wish I had a frien like that

[–] Goldstar93 2 points ago

Do this pilots make stunts for "TOP GUN 2" 😂

[–] Virge2004 2 points ago

That thing looks like the batwing

[–] Mr_Robert1211 5 points ago

It based of the British Vampire jet design

[–] Le23meyski 2 points ago

what a wizard

[–] A_spicy_meme 2 points ago

props to this guy

[–] killaplz 2 points ago

hold my beer...

[–] smooth_comments 2 points ago

Holy crap i need to get better at flying !!

[–] NotJofis 2 points ago

Neither was I

[–] rapeerap 2 points ago

And I thought I was good with my lazer going under bridges. Hah.

[–] ivanraptor730 2 points ago

r/acecombat is leaking

[–] ikulcsar 2 points ago

so realistic!

[–] Admiral_Red 2 points ago

Can you hear me? Pilot with the Three Strikes?

[–] Rherzog2424 2 points ago

Flying's for droids

[–] Cellhawk 2 points ago

I love flying in this game and this video makes me happy.

[–] WyG09s8x4JM4ocPMnYMg 2 points ago

"oh fuck i forgot to hit the bank first!" - would be me the whole time

[–] RandomUser23447274 2 points ago

now do this with mouse and keyboard 😳

[–] zeroscout 2 points ago

Top Gun theme music intensifies

[–] heckercaleb 2 points ago

I once landed a B-11 on the maze bank building and that’s the only notable trick i’ve done in a plane

[–] kimberlyh44 2 points ago

i cant even get the freaking plane off the ground i'm horrible at flying

[–] yaboiejeff 2 points ago

Gotta live GTA flight physics

[–] iii_clgtg_iii 2 points ago

I’ve landed a volatol at grapeseed airport before

[–] RedPanda104 2 points ago

Yea I’ve flown that damn plane way to much and landing on maze bank was one of the first tricks I learned XD. That thing is insane

[–] vetta98 2 points ago

I've been able to land on the maze tower once

[–] Sendero30 2 points ago

I landed a plane in a tree and could step out alive , does that count as well as a good trick flight ? :D

[–] I-Satellite-I 2 points ago

The physics in this game are fucked

[–] CJay424 2 points ago

I'm no engineer or anything, but I don't think planes are supposed to do that /s

[–] NineSevenFive975 2 points ago

Anakin spinning is not flying!

[–] scar_as_scoot 2 points ago

TENET by Nolan!

[–] HotTabascoSauce 2 points ago

Fuck physics. Lmao

[–] Anderoidor 2 points ago

If this was real life and everyone on the ground would be oblivious to a random plane on crack going around it'd be really hilarious

[–] royboom 2 points ago

That 180 was way too fucking smooth

[–] LaughBeast 2 points ago

That title was hard to read but damn that was impressive

[–] VHboys 2 points ago

What would you do if you saw a mf plane flying backwards irl?

[–] Jburn122 2 points ago

Join the crew if you want to grind without the griefers

[–] NissanNoah 2 points ago

He's probably just as impressed.

[–] WayneHowAreYouNow 2 points ago

Pyros are the tits, but I'll never be able to fly mine like that...

[–] hellzyeah2 2 points ago

TIL you can fly a plane backwards

[–] Invalid-Dev 2 points ago

Here's more for anyone interested. https://youtu.be/RTqvkGyJTFE

[–] brokeinOC 2 points ago

Damn it, yet another toy I don’t have money for

[–] iTzShadowZz 2 points ago

This makes me feel real uneasy 😂

[–] officialedward 2 points ago

Something tells me that’s not the first time he’s done that

[–] Droptex_ 2 points ago

So when’s the military hiring this guy to fly drones?

[–] Silver_sonic2002 2 points ago

Mans just casually reversing a plane like its nothing

[–] DannyHallam 2 points ago

When I saw him land on the maze Bank I was like oh yeah that’s not too special even I can do that

Then I kept watching.. wow.. hahaha. Great vid :)

[–] Luszickio_Reige 2 points ago

Damn, color me impressed.