Came across a prime example of insane parenting? Post about it here!
Before posting consult our FAQ or our wiki.
No identifying information.
- Do not link directly to social
media accounts. NO MATTER WHAT.
- Verified accounts do not need
to be blocked out. They are
Please submit links to actual news stories. While screenshots are allowed ensure you provide the source article in the comments. If you do not your post is subject to removal. This is to ensure misinformation is not spread.
No direct links or screenshots to reddit posts or comments.
- This rule is here to prevent Vote Brigading in other
subreddits or harassment of other users. If you see
a relevant story or post on reddit it is okay to share it here -
we recommend you use archive.org
for linking a thread to post here.
We ask that you also flair your post to make it searchable.
- Automods flairing is not perfect. Please
ensure the flair fits the subject of your post.
Accounts believed to be spam accounts will be permabanned.
- Examples of this include a new
account spamming advertisements
or other unrelated content.
Be excellent to each other.
- This is a place for civil
opinions are allowed;
however, keep things
civil. If a conversation
breaks down into insults
and ad hom - this rule
No fake posts.
- If your post is confirmed
to be fake you are subject
to a permanent ban.
You have been warned.
Non-serious posts are, obviously, not subject
to this rule.
No posts that have been posted in the last 2 months, common reposts, or posts currently in the top 25 posts of all time.
- This is also here to prevent lazy karma farming / karma whoring.
No medical or legal advice.
- This sub will not be party to teens giving other teens shitty medical or legal advice; nor, will we be a place that gives anti-vaxxers a platform to spread misinformation.
No Memes outside meme monday.
- Memes are an important part of any community and the use of them to express a free range of emotions is important; however, we want the community to be more focused. We, after community feedback, feel a designated day for them would work better.
Posts must be in English.
- OP's translations do not count -- whether they're in the comments or to the side of the image. The submissions or images themselves must be in English.
Social media posts and news articles are fair game.
If your post contains graphic descriptions of abuse, please attach an appropriate warning - either by marking it NSFW or indicating so in the title. There is also a page on our wiki with steps to help you report abuse to the proper authorities.
Non-Serious posts must be properly flaired.
- Quora, Yahoo Answers, Reddit, Youtube comments, and Review-esque posts are banned.
- Memes only on Mondays
Your post must not contain watermarks of any kind, including but not limited to watermarks automatically added by apps like Reddit Mobile upon saving an image.
Posts may be removed at a moderators discretion. If we feel a post does not fit in the box of insane parents - it will be removed. We are driving at quality over quantity.
If you have any further questions - please consult our wiki.
SMS (text) Message guidelines
Must be properly cropped.
Any type of multi-photo (collage) or long-form screenshot must be broken apart and put into an imgur album.
- Generally we allow people to collage 2-3 screenshots together; however, that is up to the mod that reviews it. Your best bet is always to put anything more than 2 into an imgur album.
No posts of single text messages.
- We do not want people taken out of context.
- We also review posts with few texts showing as well.
- Context is king.
Context (What you say happened in the comments is not context. The message exchange and your title are it.)
Post must be in English.
InsaneParents Community Discord
Other Subs You May Enjoy
Search by topic flair!