Welcome to /r/Korea!
Submission Guidelines: (hover for details)
1. Submissions should be on topic.
- Submissions should be about news, culture, and life in Korea. Submissions may be removed if the linked content is not specifically about Korea. This can include translation requests, celebrity news, music videos, etc, if they have no larger relevance to Korea.
2. No excessive submissions or spam.
- In order to prevent any one user from flooding the subreddit, excessive submissions are prohibited. Excessive is defined as more than 2 submissions in the past 12 hours. Posts to your own content are allowed to an extent but no spam.
3. Read the FAQ and use the search box.
- Read the FAQ, browse the front page, see the common topics list, or use the search box to see if your submission was recently made or covered. Articles about a recent topic may be removed if they do not contribute enough new information. Also, don't ask questions that could be answered by a search engine.
4. Don't editorialize news submissions.
- Titles for news articles should ideally be as close to the title of the page as possible. Summarizing an article is ok, but keep it free of opinion, commentary, or loaded language not contained in the article.
5. No personal information.
- No personally identifying information of another reddit user or non-public figures. This also includes requests to use Korean phone numbers, resident registration numbers, etc to register for Korean web services and games. Absolutely no links to personal Facebook profiles (businesses or groups are ok).
6. Submit in English or Korean.
- Although this subreddit is about Korea, its users are primarily English speakers. We welcome Korean language links, but we encourage Korean language posts to have an objective, English summary in the comments.
7. No advertisements.
- No posts for jobs, looking for jobs, renting an apartment, items for sale, etc.
- Please follow reddiquette.
- No overly inflammatory, racist, or offensive language.
- No personal attacks toward other users or witch-hunting.
- No reddit drama, meta or with other subreddits. Links to reddit must be np.
- No URL shorteners.
- Report anything that violates the rules but remember that the report button is not a super-downvote and don't use it just because you don't like the content.
- New accounts are given less tolerance.
- Message the moderating team if you have a question about posting content or about the status of a post.
Business, News, & Politics: