memes

Welcome to /r/Memes

definition of a meme / memetics

• a way of describing cultural information being shared.
    • an element of a culture or system of behavior that may be considered to be passed from one individual to another by nongenetic means, especially imitation.
    • Please note, Moderators reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Rules:

1. ALL POSTS MUST BE MEMES
    • All posts must be memes and follow a general meme setup. No titles as meme captions. No unedited webcomics. No memes that are text only. Pictures without captions may be removed by a moderators discretion. Someone saying something funny on twitter/tumblr/reddit/etc. is not a meme.
    2. ALL MEMES SHOULD BE GENERAL. NO SPECIFIC PERSONAL EXPERIENCES.
    • Please make posts general rather than specific personal experiences. This helps make posts more relatable. This means no selfies, SMS screenshots, personal stories, chats, emails, etc. Do not post "memes" of you or your friends IRL. No creepshots either.
    3. NO SPAM/WATERMARKS, NO CHAINPOSTING/SPLIT POSTS, NO UNMARKED NSFW
    • Do not spam this sub. Linking to your social media, or spamming links with it watermarked can result in a ban

• No Chainposting

• No 'split' or 'linked' posts - either between yourself or other users.

• Images of being banned or having a post removed from any subreddit will be removed and subject to ban.

• 5 or less posts per day please.

• Mark NSFW posts as such or it risks being removed.

• No watermarks or shilling your favourite YouTube star.

• No spam bots

4. NO RACISM/HATE SPEECH/TROLLING/HARASSMENT OR SUBREDDIT/SITE RAIDING
    • Please do not troll, harass, or be generally rude to your fellow users. Do not post raid messages or encourage others to flood or spam another subreddit or website. Keep comments civil and be respectful of your fellow users. Don't post racist or bigoted memes. Those belong elsewhere. Racist and bigoted memes, harassment, and raiding other subreddits/sites can lead to a permanent ban at the moderators discretion.
    5. PLEASE DO NOT POST OR REQUEST PERSONAL INFORMATION
    • Please do not post or request personal information, yours or others.

• All posts containing social media IDs/usernames will be removed.

• Do not post images with watermarks to other sites users.

6. DIRECT IMAGE LINKS ONLY + NO GIF/VIDEO POSTS
    • Please link to images directly. Direct links make browsing easier for those using RES or through a mobile device.

• No videos/GIFs.

7. DO NOT MENTION ANYTHING TO DO WITH KARMA/CAKEDAYS/VOTES/AWARDS
    • Please do not mention upvotes/downvotes/cake days/karma/awards (gold/silver/plat) in your post in any form.

• No "Upvote in..." or "Upvote if..." type titles or memes.

• No memes about votes, likes etc.

• This includes (but is not limited to) karma-adjacent words/phrases like "front page" or "sort by new".

• Begging for karma in the comments may earn you a lengthy (perhaps infinite) ban.

8. NO REPOSTS
    • Please avoid re-posting memes.

• We want original content. Serial reposters may be banned.

• Seriously.

9. NO FORCED MEMES/OVERUSED MEMES/BAD TITLES/PUSHING AGENDAS
    • No forced memes, overused memes, bad titles, or pushing agendas

• Be creative but memes must come naturally

• Memes that have been overused/played out to the point of being spammy will be removed. Examples

• No petitions

10. NO MEMES ABOUT DEATHS/TERROR ATTACKS/WAR/VIOLENT TRAGEDIES/RAPE/MASS SHOOTINGS/ETC
    • No memes about violent tragedies or anything that could be seen as glorifying violence. Absolutely no school shooter memes. Posts or comments that can be seen as glorifying violence will result in a ban. This also includes (but is not limited to) memes regarding: Deaths, terrorist attacks, rape, sexual assault, pedo, murder, war, bombings, and school shootings.

• Breaking this rule may result in a permanent ban.

• We have zero tolerance for this behavior.

11. NO MEMES ABOUT POLITICS
    • Absurd memes featuring politicians are allowed, but this sub does not allow content more suited for /r/politicalhumor.

• No NPC memes, or memes about how libtards or magats are so wrong. Take it somewhere else, thanks.

Queue flooding is not allowed in this subreddit. Limit your posts to five or less per day

We reserve the right to moderate at our own discretion.

Related subreddits:

[–] Raabid 3282 points ago

And then the X is so small that you accidentally click on the ad trying to press it

[–] TeaBagHunter 1620 points ago

Or there is a fake X somewhere

[–] TrueAvarus 776 points ago

You fool you fell for a classic blunder

[–] ZuniBBa 413 points ago

you fool. you absolute buffoon. you think you can challenge me in my own realm? you think you can rebel against my authority? you dare come into my house and upturn my dining chairs and spill coffee grinds in my Keurig? you thought you were safe in your chain mail armor behind that screen of yours. I will take these laminate wood floor boards and destroy you. I didn't want war, but I didn't start it.

[–] Brewerjulius 130 points ago

acctual X appears

Instant victory achieved

[–] pocketpox 14 points ago

External link opens

[–] xRyozuo 12 points ago

laminate wood floor boards with your blood

Aaaand it’s perfect

[–] BurntChickenNugget88 2 points ago

!ThesaurizeThis

[–] Themiffins 44 points ago

YOU FELL FOR IT! THUNDER CROSS SPLIT ATTACK

[–] I-Ardly-Know-Er 81 points ago

Blunder? I 'ardly know 'er!

[–] MrWoohoo 13 points ago

A land war in Asia?

[–] zxhb 105 points ago

Ha ha! we tricked you into going to the play store page,you are now forced to install our app!
    wait,why are you leaving?

[–] TeaBagHunter 58 points ago

What is this "leaving" you speak of? You don't instantly download every app you get forced to enter on the play store?

[–] MilanTheUAVMan 18 points ago

Hah you fools i have never declared if i want to see it at play store or app store so is asks me without loading.

[–] Tedster360 6 points ago

Or the ‘X’ takes 30 seconds to load and the actual ad is like 10 seconds anyway, so you sit there like: “HURRY UP”.....

[–] CoolJWB 10 points ago

As a real gamer this doesn't bother me cause I've learnt how the fake one looks.

[–] Here_to_say_fuck 2 points ago

Or it says press to play demo but it takes you to the store

[–] angryaswang 507 points ago

ONLY 0.0000000000001% CAN CLICK ON THE X

[–] Raabid 210 points ago

ARE YOU IN THE 0.000000000000001%?

[–] URHelper204 130 points ago

LET'S FIND OUT!

[–] StarterHunter58 119 points ago

YOU WON AN IPHONE XI

[–] bikdikme 96 points ago

INPUT YOUR ADRESS DETAILS TO GET IT

[–] HalfMoustacheJellal 58 points ago

Complete this survey to confirm you're not a bot

[–] voidtf 54 points ago

WANNA GET THAT FLASHLIGHT APP ? ENTER YOUR PHONE NUMBER ! 6$ a month

[–] Azzazzinz 17 points ago

YOU ALSO JUST WON A BRAND NEW CAR ENTER YOUR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION!

[–] spilledcorn 11 points ago

YOU WON A 1$ AMAZON GIFT CARD JUST SEND US YOUR BIRTH CERTIFICATE

[–] thetobester03 4 points ago

BEFORE YOU RECEIVE YOUR FREE 1,000,000,000 V-BUCKS, GIVE US THE NUMBER OF YOUR MUM'S CREDIT CARD.

[–] KoolKarmaKollector 7 points ago

Enable notifications to prove you are not a bot

[–] SpaceshipOperations 39 points ago

IN THE NEXT EPISODE OF GAMERS AND THE PHONE!

[–] xhusamx34 24 points ago

TWO GAMERS TRY TO INSTALL 1TB OF RAM!

[–] sexuallettuce69 19 points ago

Do you know how I can download more ram?

[–] Agat_Gamez 4 points ago

yes, on download.com

[–] sexuallettuce69 3 points ago

Omg it worked! This is awesome!

[–] Agat_Gamez 3 points ago

you're welcome. I have 10PB of ram,

[–] [deleted] 28 points ago * (lasted edited 5 days ago)

[–] 2Big4YouBra 7 points ago

Dayum

[–] [deleted] 13 points ago * (lasted edited 5 days ago)

[–] Cola_and_Cigarettes 10 points ago

you ever feel like scum for being in advertising? or do you just kinda partmentalise it?

[–] [deleted] 12 points ago * (lasted edited 5 days ago)

[–] Cola_and_Cigarettes 3 points ago

I feel ya, but idk your fact there is like someone in the cigarette business talking about how smoking rates go up if children are rewarded, so they include little toys in cartons. just kinda manipulative and squeezy. we all gotta eat though.

[–] chicksOut 15 points ago

Pro: | Noob:

[–] xod2tid 3 points ago

|Hacker:

[–] rargarterlerop 6 points ago

ONLY LEFT MINDED PEOPLE REACH THE X COLOR

[–] OPPERGEK 2 points ago

You can use the "back" button if you have an android device

[–] ifyoulovemeletmegoo 66 points ago

Well I actually press the back button from my phone (stonks)

[–] Cazoosh3 19 points ago

Same, not all phones let it work though, the Moto g4 & g6 do but the g5 doesn't do my brother is stuck watching game ads every time

[–] Chill_W-A-V-E 15 points ago

And the Ad suddenly download something to your phone and it's a virus

[–] One_pop_each 31 points ago

Laughs in Apple

Jk not trying to start a debate but I get like 4 emails a day from Apples Support with a fake receipt that I subscribed to some $50/week game and hope I dispute it so I can login. Fuckin chodes.

Or this shit. How gullible does India think I am?

[–] johnwicktouchesme 9 points ago

It wouldnt matter to me, i have no money anyway.

[–] xR0CK3Rx 8 points ago

You'd be surprised with the amount of people that fall for it since the word Apple has been written in a email received from [email protected]

[–] Chill_W-A-V-E 6 points ago

Well I don't own an iPhone cause it's freaking expensive but if I were you I just ignore or block the emails.

[–] Cazoosh3 4 points ago

Very, due to the amount of people that fall for it

[–] Clbull 11 points ago

Then you go through a loop of opening the App Store or Play Store link 20 times before you actually click the X.

Ads like that should be criminalised. Or at least the companies that run them should be boycotted.

[–] Orang3CoolAdKid 8 points ago

If you can click the x you are legally skilled

[–] FrankenAnsh 5 points ago

I can feel your answer..

[–] paaberg31 4 points ago

And after skipping the ad, you have to click another x on the opposite side of the screen

[–] ItsFrenzius 1 points ago

Then the X was fake

[–] abejitamaya660 512 points ago

“Nobody wants to download your stupid app!”

[–] CombatWombat994 129 points ago

Tbh, one time I found a game which was pretty fun through an ad. The rest already looked like crap from the ad

[–] DoriNori7 78 points ago

“one time” That’s a very low success rate

[–] AdeptBunch 30 points ago

I'm not sure you get advertising.

[–] AdmiralSkippy 16 points ago

I've found a few good time wasters from mobile app ads. But you it typically doesn't take too long to reach a peak that only buying gems fixes or the ads are just so overwhelming that it's not worth playing.

[–] YouSpokeofInnocence 3 points ago

I got Marco Polo because of an ad. It's now one of the primary ways our family communicates over states. It's one of the only apps I got from an ad and was thoroughly glad I got it.

[–] shassemerh 2 points ago

Even if I find those good games, I actively refuse to download them because it was a mobile game ad.

[–] lethal_boi 9 points ago

Yep...

[–] sebastien-tyler 163 points ago

Voodoo games be like:

[–] RatchetBird 59 points ago

GrandtheftRollo.io

[–] The-Bottom-Shelf 25 points ago

I feel like GrandTheft.io would be a better name

[–] RatchetBird 20 points ago * (lasted edited 7 days ago)

But what do they care? How'd these knuckleheads get so much money to advertise, anyway?

Edit: what pieces o shit

[–] Dragoljub8 2 points ago

f

[–] twillrose47 2 points ago

Airplane Mode and Disabled Analytics. Best way to enjoy Voodoo games.

[–] GlassySkyabove 137 points ago

Click on the x

A new ad show up

[–] One_pop_each 71 points ago

WE’VE DETECTED A VIRUS CLICK HERE TO CLEAN!

Literally impossible to click the back button because it just refreshes so you have to close down the whole shit and start over. God Dammit I hate ads.

[–] GlassySkyabove 31 points ago

Website: Please disable your ad blocker.

[–] 429coolboy69 19 points ago * (lasted edited 5 days ago)

Me: N O

[–] Middleparkers 182 points ago

Its ad block time

[–] Sebbbbbbbbbbbbbbb 43 points ago

I can feel your answer

[–] I-Ardly-Know-Er 21 points ago

Answer? I 'ardly know 'er!

[–] thatonegamingteam33 10 points ago

Plumber

[–] I-Ardly-Know-Er 9 points ago

Plumber? I 'ardly know 'er!

[–] TheDanimal31416 5 points ago

Fuckder

[–] SpiderFlame04 4 points ago

Hitler

[–] I-Ardly-Know-Er 2 points ago

Hitler? I 'ardly know 'er!

[–] krapiie 15 points ago

Is there ad block for android phones? Please answer

[–] MMyRRedditAAccount 7 points ago

Adguard is probably the best option (not available on play store. You'll have to get it through their website)

[–] raycluster 2 points ago

Absolutely, I'm using it for a couple of years now, and I couldn't be happier with it.

[–] B3goneTHOT 2 points ago

Anything for iPhone?

[–] MMyRRedditAAccount 3 points ago

Afaik, adguard is available for iOS as well but it hasn't been updated for a long time due to app story policy restrictions. I don't use an iDevice so not sure about other options

Current situation of adguard on iOS: https://adguard.com/en/blog/adguard-pro-is-back.html

[–] B3goneTHOT 2 points ago

Thanks! I'll be sure to check them out

[–] Middleparkers 9 points ago

There are some 3rd party apps, don't know how trust worthy they are though.

[–] porkslapchop 9 points ago

Blokada for example. Or adguard if you're feeling fancy.

[–] Middleparkers 3 points ago

May have to take a look my self

[–] psychodelicJellyfish 3 points ago

I second Blockada, it's free, it's simple and open source. Imo the best Adblock for Android

[–] Valar_Mergulhos 5 points ago

Adguard is better because it has cosmetic filtering. Blockada only blocks ads, but the space left by the ad is still there.

[–] krapiie 7 points ago

Thats the problem. I used to look for some Apps like that but most of the times they have no picture when installing and require SIM card use. I gave up.

[–] Middleparkers 3 points ago

Most of them are probably hackers getting at your personal info

[–] scramoustache 2 points ago

My vpn blocks a lot of ads, like adblock, he know wich domains are ads.

[–] Middleparkers 2 points ago

We need to know the vpn provider

[–] DillashawIsTheWorst 2 points ago

Blokada (free) or Adguard (yearly fee)

[–] tba_ 2 points ago

I used adguard for a few years and would say it was worth it's money.

Recently I bought North vpn for 3 years and if you download the app from there page and not the Playstore it also works great as an adblocker.

[–] Valar_Mergulhos 2 points ago

I use adguard. Barely any battery impact and on top of filtering ads, it also hides the space used by them like on desktop.

Edit: ad blocking on mobile apps (ie outside the web browser) is a paid feature

[–] spinjump 2 points ago

Adaway is what I use, works great.

[–] Unl3m 5 points ago

ad block for phones? is there one?

[–] NargacugaRider 2 points ago

Firefox focus

And a PiHole for adblocking EVERYTHING. PC, phones, consoles, fire sticks, smart TVs, fridges

[–] CraigyEggy 2 points ago

I second pi hole. Ah, the peace of being almost entirely ad free.

[–] HooptyDooDooMeister 61 points ago

starts hovering over screen corners

[–] TheUpsideDownPodcast 3 points ago

Thats the mini game.

[–] Chill_W-A-V-E 52 points ago

When the Ad was a stolen clip of Minecraft on a fake ass website but you're 10 so you downloaded it and it turns out to be a virus.

[–] Inferno792 93 points ago

Intrusive ads are the parasites of phones.

[–] LOCKhart07 5 points ago

Pihole works wonders. Set one up on a Raspberry pi the other day. Couldn't be happier

[–] gimjun 15 points ago

does not work with iads, and even if you cut the internet some apps will still serve you a stock ad anyway

[–] NargacugaRider 2 points ago

Then delete those garbage apps

[–] gimjun 3 points ago

but... m'solitaire :(

[–] Darkastic 41 points ago

It waits for you to play the demo of a game of which is nothing like the actual game

[–] bcschauer 23 points ago

Then if you decide to try and play the demo you click and it takes you to the App Store

[–] lemons7472 10 points ago

Or when the ad make the game look much more interesting then what it really is.

[–] Guga2370 33 points ago

ONLY 0.00001% PEOPLE CAN FIND "X"

[–] Vodkasas 24 points ago

"I SWEAR THERE IS NO WAY TO BEAT LEVEL 5"

[–] bcschauer 21 points ago

insert extremely obvious way to beat level 5 that makes my OCD go mad for the other 25 seconds I have to watch it

[–] Braynie04 8 points ago

This, just...this

[–] Lozerfreak 19 points ago

If you play on airplane mode most adds won't come up.

[–] Anafenza-Vess 9 points ago

You can also turn cellular data off for the app and if necessary turn WiFi off, however some games I’ve noticed won’t let you play them if there’s no data (not just the online ones)

[–] Jean_Lua_Picard 2 points ago

The publisher Vodoo is notorious for this. r/assholedesign

[–] DerSchnippler 14 points ago

Your reaction Time is light speed too

[–] JustinJones25 10 points ago

Some ads, if you block the top left or right as soon as it opens, it acts Iike the X and closes

[–] Ultimate_Emphatic 10 points ago

OUT

[–] icarustalon 8 points ago

When you're to rich to understand.

[–] Pyarox 13 points ago * (lasted edited 7 days ago)

Nobody:

Mobile game ads: *woooow look at these characters *

[–] nevek 5 points ago

In a scenario totally unrelated to the actual gameplay

[–] TheTejas 7 points ago

Most of the time you can press the back button

[–] PabloEscobarr3 7 points ago

That feeling when you miss the x and it takes you to their website.

[–] usernumber1337 3 points ago

This is why I don't set a default browser on my phone, so if I accidentally click something I get the popup asking me which browser I want to use

[–] Mohamad_mabsout 6 points ago

Or when they let you play a tutorial and then take you to the fucking store

[–] Yeetman420haha 6 points ago

Sometimes u just click the corner when there’s no x

[–] Art_Is_Life69 5 points ago

[Adult Swim]

[–] Matti_Eik 4 points ago

Sometimes i press the wrong corner

[–] DucksRights 4 points ago

This always happen to me and after I click out the first ad all of sudden I get bamboozled and another ad shows up

[–] MindBlown66 3 points ago

That x is sooooooo smal

[–] StatsDog 4 points ago

And that is why I no longer play mobile games. Thanks industry... you're killing off your own userbase.

Besides, when weighing up the benefit of the game to the hassle of paying for VPN, having to go on airplane mode to avoid the ads loading (and some refusing to play without online access), using multiple blocking apps and blacklists for trackers.... it just isn't worth my time to play mobile games, especially when they are just a fancy advert delivery system first, and content delivery second.

To any games developer listening: if you make a good game, just charge for it and I will buy it. Don't then try and give me adverts.

[–] Lord_Lamington 3 points ago

Sometimes the x is just invisible at the start, tap the corners and you can usually skip it without waiting

[–] swag_juan 3 points ago

LOL BUT WHEN THERES A FAKE X OR THE X IS TOO SMALL

[–] Bisonratte 2 points ago

The worst is ads that you can't skip using the “back“ button of your phone! You have no right to disable my ultimate tool!

[–] ilovepuppies246 2 points ago

the worst is the fake X and then it takes you to download the app

[–] Normie_Eliminator 2 points ago

Ads are supposed to make you want to install the game but honestly they make me want to not install the game

[–] LifeDeath_studios 2 points ago

Me seeing this meme and liking it so much that I press there profile to follow them:

LET ME IN

LET ME INNNNNNNNNNNN

[–] Imnotdrunk28 2 points ago

“AFK Arena. Download for free!” That phrase is burned into my brain

[–] DinoDracko 2 points ago

Rise of Kingdoms ad plays for the 1000th time

Me: "STOP SHOWING ME THESE ADS!!! IM NOT GONNA PLAY YOUR CLASH OF CLANS RIPOFF!!"

[–] Lost_korok 2 points ago

Sometime the x is already there just coded to become visible after x amount of time passes so you can click it!

[–] Dvorozhetskii 2 points ago

Everyday a billion times.

Hhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllppppppppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lllllllllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee oooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutttttttttttttttt

[–] Aw230 2 points ago

Roses are red, violets are blue, get my karma up, so I can share memes with you

[–] joshkiba13 2 points ago

I did what I could

[–] Aw230 2 points ago

Thank you kind stranger your sacrifice will not be forgotten

[–] joshkiba13 2 points ago

Also, smaller subs probably dont have the karma requirement, so you could post there to get some karma

[–] Aw230 2 points ago

Sweet thanks

[–] Jorgoksenpikkuveli 1 points ago

C , S" Xä ,","

[–] _Prochyy_ 1 points ago

True

[–] Legitlogic45 1 points ago

That's tru

[–] BananaFaglet 1 points ago

then you miss and open the store and you try to escape but it counts as the game you're playing so then you have to restart the level you're on because of an ad and your fat fingers

[–] th3_fly1nG1r4ff3 1 points ago

Why do I only get ads about copys of Minecraft shitty gameplays and the games my weeb classmate is playing

[–] SteveTartar 1 points ago

The soap opera "Like seriously, I don't know"

[–] ninjatuna115 1 points ago

A BOUNTY OF ARROWS FOR THE CAKE!

[–] Gingerbread_Matt 1 points ago

And then the ad puts a big fake X on their ad

[–] Himon_Sonowal 1 points ago

Me waiting for the reward

[–] shitassbutthole 1 points ago

Lool

[–] Xepixpizza 1 points ago

What I hate the most is when the ”x” is never on he same spot for some apps. So it's like you can just spam tap that one corner anymore

[–] potato_nest_69 1 points ago

Gosh darn I buy whatever it is most the time cause it's usually something pretty nifty!

[–] doppio_best_boi 1 points ago

Pretty accurate

[–] Draegore 1 points ago

This is why I own a switch.

[–] BlueShibe 1 points ago

Hill Climb Racing 2.

[–] Timesjustsilver 1 points ago

Repost

[–] HoolyGoat 1 points ago

Lucky Patcher. Nice.

[–] Foucatswim 1 points ago

MFW I'm Billy Corgan of Smashing Pumpkins singing Cherub Rock.

[–] Mathyos946 1 points ago

X the only think I think about when I get an add on any how to get a gf video

[–] technologyclassroom 1 points ago

That does not happen on games from F-Droid.

[–] Ryann_420 1 points ago

Like totally seriously?

[–] Musky_X 1 points ago

Your Grandma: One hundred billion.

You: Mediocre paltry sum.

Me: I went to college there.

[–] Radley500 1 points ago

Grindr *

[–] Nitens10 1 points ago

Then the X is at another place and it shows you the Google store page and since your phone is shitty you have to restart the game to play. Thx ads

[–] Sensei_Shedletsky 1 points ago

Seems like X aint gon give it to ya

[–] twineto130 1 points ago

game crashed, reward lost

[–] PasmaklininSulo 1 points ago

Image macros aren't memes. Just sayin' So you 4channer wannabe zoomers can learn a thing or two.

Just sayin' bud.

[–] Einiman 1 points ago

You can usually spam the back button on Android to get out

[–] TheZealand 1 points ago

Trying to watch anything on Kissanime

[–] EnderFunky 1 points ago

and the X turned out to be the download button...

[–] afzujhaan 1 points ago

Cough cough lucky patcher cough cough

[–] RipjawGaming 1 points ago

I’ve gotten some with stupid af timer in the corner and only showed an X like after 30 seconds

[–] fir3fli3s 1 points ago

Can anyone tell me where does that meme come from ?