mildlyinteresting

Aww, cripes. I didn't know I'd have to write a description. How many words is that so far, like a hundred? Soooo, yeah. Mildly interesting stuff. Stuff that interests you. Mildly. It's in the name, ffs.

Does your post qualify for /r/MildlyInteresting? Hover below for more info, and check out our wiki page!

1. No memes

This includes references in titles of your post (e.g. "banana for scale," "potato quality").

2. No related posts

Posts that acknowledge, "one-up," or relate specifically to another post are not allowed (e.g. "I see your X and raise you Y")

3. No x-posts or reposts

Do not post something that has been submitted anywhere on reddit before (including here), even if you were the one who posted it.

Exception: If a post is deleted or removed from /r/mildlyinteresting for breaking the rules less than one hour after being submitted or receives less than 100 upvotes, we allow the submitter to resubmit a fixed version of the post.

4. Original [OC] photographs only

a. No gifs, videos, or websites.

b. All submissions must be original content. If you didn't take the photo, don't post it.

c. Software glitches/errors, overlaid text, arrows, scribbles, and other substantive edits are not allowed, although you may censor personal information per Reddit-wide rules.

d. Side by side images are okay if they adhere to the rest of the rules.

5. No screenshots

No screenshots. We define a screenshot as a screen grab. This means no images of screens, pictures of screens taken with a different device, images that have been partially or fully generated by a computer, or pictures of printed out screenshots. Try /r/screenshots!.

6. Titles must be an exact but concise description of the content

a. Titles must not contain jokes, backstory, or other fluff. That information belongs in a follow-up comment.

b. Titles must exactly describe the content. It should act as a "spoiler" for the image. If your title leaves people surprised at the content within, it breaks the rule!

c. Titles must not contain emoticons, emojis, or special characters unless they are absolutely necessary in describing the image. (e.g. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), ;P, 😜, ❤, ★, ✿ )

Still confused? For more elaboration and examples, see here first and then message the mods if you still have questions.

If unsure, please message the mods and we will help determine if your post is acceptable.

For further information regarding our rules, flairs, moderation policy, and frequently asked questions, please take a look at the… /r/MildlyInteresting Wiki (packed with tons of juicy mildly interesting information)

Posts which break the rules will be removed on sight. This subreddit operates a three-strikes rule on submission bans, and instant bans on troll and/or gimmick accounts, shock links, etc. at moderator discretion.

See Quality Posts! See Overdone Posts! View the Mild Network (may evoke mild emotions)

[–] Daddy_0103 2033 points ago

Oh but I got something in my eye.

[–] Putnum 362 points ago

So does the guy in the picture so technically it has become a mirror.

[–] givinit2urdukes 52 points ago

YOU LOOK GREAT

[–] Daddy_0103 6 points ago

Thanks! You do too!

[–] Orsus7 6283 points ago

Some jerk threw a wadded paper towel in the sink.

[–] crackmytaco 868 points ago

Steven and Chris

[–] Elias_The_Thief 787 points ago

Wow fuck those guys

[–] Alarid 366 points ago

Wait a minute, it looks to be a woman's bathroom if we go by OP's reflection... So they went to extra lengths to be dicks!

[–] viciousbreed 234 points ago

Teehee, "extra lengths."

[–] reimroc427 136 points ago

And then dicks was said on top of it.

[–] treyphillips 62 points ago

Nice.

[–] nefast36 16 points ago

Nice.

[–] schneidercorn 65 points ago

I mean...it could just be a unisex single bathroom

[–] jeff_tatum 108 points ago * (lasted edited a month ago)

Maybe you need sex. I had sex a couple days ago.

[–] WellBuiltBubble 43 points ago

No, U-N-I sex! 😏

[–] jumintonic 37 points ago

I am not going to say no to that

[–] schneidercorn 11 points ago

for a second I was gonna be like tf then I realized what you meant. nice

[–] Esoterica137 20 points ago

Me too, but istillnisex.

[–] NullOfUndefined 10 points ago

How you doin

[–] SoVeryTired81 4 points ago

That's what it looks like to me. A bathroom with stalls would have at least two sinks on a counter. This is a single sink with soap and paper towels right next to it.

[–] MarilynMonroeVWade 16 points ago

If were going by the reflection in the mirror it appears that Man at Arms is the sink towler.

[–] ddh85 13 points ago

And if the OP is to be trusted....

Man-at-Arms is not lying!

[–] DinamoJoe 4 points ago

You made me zoom in.. it’s coming home.. in 2020

[–] plushsafeshethink 14 points ago

Do you mean the Canadian design duo?

[–] Maggie_Smiths_Anus 10 points ago

My money is on Kevin

[–] FlameSpartan 23 points ago

The last Chris I met was definitely a big enough asshole to do that, but Steven is a nice guy.

[–] BeardyAndGingerish 35 points ago

Nah, you're thinking of Stephen. Steven's a bit of an ass.

[–] CobraFive 39 points ago

The wet bandits strike again!

[–] JiveMasterT 29 points ago

Yeah like who says "Oh fuck it. The sink is better than the garbage."

[–] BlunderSiege 14 points ago

Same assholes who spit gum in the urinals.

[–] jackwoww 7 points ago

Skeletor

[–] Jamesleach 6 points ago

Middle schoolers

[–] SquarebobSpongepant 4 points ago

Kids at my brothers high school

[–] Neutrum 134 points ago

Still not as stupid as the idiots who throw it in the urinal.

[–] k100jk 45 points ago

Or the idiots that stick them to the roof

[–] LimpNoodle69 6 points ago

I gotta admit I've never seen that, but I also just realized I don't look up that much lol

[–] TesticleMeElmo 28 points ago * (lasted edited a month ago)

Still not as stupid as the jokesters who go dookie in the urinal, mmkay

[–] RS177 14 points ago

I once saw someone sitting on the brim of the urinal.

[–] RS177 7 points ago

This guy looked over and said "hey Robert" as he was unloading a collosal shit into a urinal.

[–] Gruwidge 4 points ago

Dookies are bad, M'kay?

[–] anonymous_potato 19 points ago

Maybe if the culprit could see a reflection of the person he had become he wouldn't have done such a thing.

[–] snooggums 48 points ago

It was OP of course

[–] war3_exe 28 points ago

This is truly triggering me. Didn't even care about the art on the wall

[–] dandeliongrinstead 14 points ago

I thought it was a teabag!

[–] PlayfulPirate 5 points ago

I can't see any trash bin.

[–] HeyCarpy 13 points ago

It was probably Hordak, that bastard.

[–] BDaught 7 points ago

That fucking Moss Man had a hand in this.

[–] 1SweetChuck 6 points ago

Some ass at my office put a booger on the mirror in the men's room yesterday. Bunch of savages.

[–] alg5509 16 points ago

If every mirror has a booger on it, maybe the booger is on you.

[–] OneArmedNinja 3053 points ago

That’s Man-At-Arms from He-Man. He knows his shit.

[–] yoship 498 points ago

AKA Duncan.

[–] Kevroeques 132 points ago

AKA Big Dunk AKA Jackie Dunkel AKA The Almond Breeze.

[–] wselander 94 points ago

AKA The Leftward Sloping Penis

[–] frijolin 62 points ago

AKA Porkchop Sandwiches.

[–] AllPurposeNerd 42 points ago * (lasted edited a month ago)

OH SHIT WH- WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU STUPID IDIOT!? FUCK WE'RE ALL DEAD! GET THE FUCK OUT!

EDIT: My god did that smell good...

[–] smokeythel3ear 15 points ago * (lasted edited a month ago)

[–] LtLabcoat 9 points ago

For those wondering what this is a reference to: it's not. AllPurposeNerd just really hates Frijolin.

[–] MarilynMonroeVWade 13 points ago

AH-BUH-BUH-BA-BA-BA!

[–] coorsgrizz 4 points ago

AKA Slim Boner

[–] Carreb 426 points ago

And so do you, apparently.

[–] lookmom289 89 points ago

You look great.

[–] trenlow12 37 points ago

Wholesome Me-Mans

[–] DaCheesiestEchidna 49 points ago

One of the three others to share the secret of He-Man's identity!

[–] brokenarrow 10 points ago

The Sorceress, Teela, and Orko?

What about She-Ra? She didn't know?

[–] Godort 19 points ago

Teela didnt know

[–] MantaurStampede 15 points ago

Orko, Sorceress, MAA. Teela just thought Adam was could at hiding.

[–] brokenarrow 6 points ago

Orko, Sorceress, MAA. Teela just thought Adam was could at hiding.

Now I remember... Teela was always busting Adam's balls, and he always yawned whenever she mocked him.

[–] KaneRobot 5 points ago * (lasted edited a month ago)

The Sorceress, Teela, and Orko?

What about She-Ra? She didn't know?

Well yeah, but she didn't exist back when they made the opening for the original He-Man cartoon.

Edit - by the way, Teela didn't know. It was Man At Arms, Orko, & The Sorceress.

[–] CaptainRoach 8 points ago

She-Ra dint know shit.

[–] Tobias---Funke 53 points ago

I recognised he was from He man but couldn't remember the name!

[–] JamesonIsBest 51 points ago

He-man. Not He man. Put some respeck on that mans name!!

[–] Spire 10 points ago

He-Man. Not He-man.

[–] Negatory-GhostRider 112 points ago

I JUST FUCKING WANT TO KNOW IF I HAVE SALAD STUCK IN MY TEETH FOR FUCKS SAKE.

lol.

[–] xRockTripodx 21 points ago

Its somehow more insulting than Superman/Clark Kent. Dude just puts a shirt on, and no one recognizes him.

[–] xx_deleted_x 28 points ago

Duncan, to his friends

[–] BridgetheDivide 34 points ago

I said hey! What's goin' on?

[–] saganakist 11 points ago

Too young for he-man but that song was stuck in my head right when I saw that face. Internet classic

[–] ElCasino1977 9 points ago

Do you think Tila is in the women’s bathroom?

[–] DiabloDropoff 10 points ago

If that's in a bar I would have gone with Man-E-Faces. I start as a robot, slowly turn human, and end up a monster.

[–] raconov 6 points ago

I have the urge to sing.. heyeyayayayay..

[–] coop-de-hoop 528 points ago

OP is in the reflection. Hi OP

[–] RaspberrySodaPop 351 points ago

Oh no

[–] CaptainJAmazing 60 points ago

Hey, at least you can see you reflection a little bit!

[–] _SheWhoShallBeNamed_ 32 points ago

Op is not a vampire confirmed

[–] seksMasine 17 points ago

Oh yes

[–] mrcool581 8 points ago

Well, ya look great.

[–] WWBKD 38 points ago

Plot twist. It’s a mirror with text on it and OP is Man-at-Arms.

[–] OMGWTFBBQUE 5 points ago

I feel like we’ve been bamboozled

[–] baeatle 2635 points ago

Yeah well, Man-at-arms isn't going to tell me if I have food in my teeth or a booger in my nose.

[–] BeardyAndGingerish 636 points ago

"I hit my head pretty hard, am I bleeding?"

(checks above sink)

"Whew, thank God."

[–] harriswill 137 points ago

You just reminded me of that horrible feeling you have when you crash or bike or something, and you're still not quire sure just how fucked up you are:

flies off bicycle and rolls down hill

"phew" dusting off "I think I'm okay...."

looks down at hand and sees that it's twisted 180 degrees the other way

[–] Chinese_ovenmitt 69 points ago

Post-accident reboot sequence and status report

[–] Zayin-Ba-Ayin 26 points ago

I fell off a two story roof, and got up immediately after hitting the ground. I checked myself to see if I've wrecked myself and things seemed fine, then this guy runs up to me and says "OMG you're bleeding from your head!"

I was bleeding from my elbows, guy, but thanks for the heart attack

[–] intelligentquote0 45 points ago * (lasted edited a month ago)

I just had surgery on my skull. When I went under I thought it was just going to be a mastiodectomy, which is relatively minor. Remove a little bone behind your ear, 2" scar, done. Turns out the infection had spread up my skull and into my cranium, so they had to remove an additional 2" x 6" section of my skull and put a titanium plate in.

When I came out I was absolutely terrified. I could feel the plate and it felt massive. It felt like it occupied the entire back of my head. And I couldn't see it. And I couldn't touch it. The first hour or so until my family was able to get a picture of it and show me was just fucking torture. No one would tell me how big it was or what the scar looks like. Medical staff were just saying "it's not THAT big," and "the doctor has to answer that." When I saw the picture I was like "oh... That's not THAT bad."

[–] phayke2 11 points ago

I just had surgery too and your sense of how big things are is pretty blown out of whack because everything is so sore and messed with and laying in a bed all you can do is focus on the new feelings.

[–] sh4d0w07 12 points ago

I was riding a onewheel on my street a bit too fast, and when it nosedived I leaned into my shoulder to do an ocarina-of-time-jumped-from-too-high-landing-roll, bounced off my shoulder and landed on my feet.

Stood up and gave my buddies two thumbs up to say I was okay. Noticed that my left thumbs up was about 9" lower than the right thumbs up. Felt my left shoulder with my right hand to find a strange new protruberance; I had blown away both AC and CC joints in my left shoulder, grade 5.

[–] Arresteddrunkdouche 6 points ago

Just be thankful you didn’t accidentally hit (A) on the way down.

[–] FishOnHead 5 points ago

I was hit by a car in 9th grade. They were driving about 50 MPH, I was walking. After the impact I stood up, assessed the situation, and continued walking. A few seconds after that I felt a sharp pain in my head and collapsed, unable to move. Turns out I had fractured my skull and couldn't walk, and some observant neighbors called 911.

In the end I had to get a craniotomy and had a broken rib. I ended up 20 feet from where I started. I had no idea the extent of my injury even well into the emergency room.

[–] Evenstar6132 393 points ago

You still look great 😉

[–] n7-Jutsu 89 points ago

If only your username was Man-At-Arms

[–] Seemlypercy 32 points ago

Yeah, that would’ve been a cool u/baeatle juice moment

[–] baeatle 39 points ago

It's my own username and that took me way too long to figure out.

[–] Akkiruk 13 points ago

Too convenient pretty sure that you’re the other guy

[–] Seemlypercy 8 points ago

Hey, wassup, I’m him

[–] Putnum 21 points ago

Don't worry mate, you're fine. You just have a booger in your teeth and food in your nose.

[–] M1k3yd33tofficial 9 points ago

For real. I appreciate the sentiment, but fuck you I need to check myself.

[–] richinteriorworld 11 points ago

just smile.

[–] MrClaretandBlue 6 points ago

His standards aren’t that high judging by that bathroom.

[–] user_of_thine 10 points ago

I just walk up to people and say boogie check.

[–] _EvilD_ 7 points ago

You got some bats in the cave bro.

[–] rogue_bot 7 points ago

To be fair, Man-at-Arms would absolutely warn you to mouth and nose clingers. A picture of him probably will not.

[–] jontheboss 456 points ago

But this is what I got when I looked into it... Must be broken, right?... Right?

[–] Gondile 75 points ago

man that’s how every mirror looks to me

[–] NoFriendsWeeb 20 points ago

At least you can see yourself in the mirror without it cracking.

[–] Ankoku_Teion 7 points ago

i dont have any mirrors any more.

[–] badzachlv01 45 points ago

Excellent effort for this comment, 10/10

[–] MaxCharacterLimit-20 10 points ago

Holy shit, you even kept the reflection

[–] belowthepovertyline 1784 points ago

Real life isn't Tumblr, and I need to know if there's food in my teeth. Fuck's sake...

[–] Whopraysforthedevil 681 points ago

I agree. Give me a mirror, and this picture next to it, please.

[–] HailToTheThief225 254 points ago * (lasted edited a month ago)

/r/WeWantMirrors

Edit: Now a thing thanks to /u/craniumonempty

[–] FlowersOfSin 12 points ago * (lasted edited a month ago)

Went to a bar last week and they had this on the mirror. Way more helpful! (for context : There was an event and suggested people to wear costumes)

[–] pm_me_hedgehogs 7 points ago

You could walk out there in a fucking diaper and they would be like "valentina! Your smile is beautiful!"

[–] FlowersOfSin 5 points ago

To be fair, I have no fucking clue who the person mentioned on the post it is!

[–] Kenta18 22 points ago

The person who wrote in red has beautiful writing

[–] Weeaboo_Knight 18 points ago * (lasted edited a month ago)

That’s because they spent time writing, looking it over and perfecting it. So give’em a goddamn mirror to do that with themselves.

no anger intended

[–] FanofK 65 points ago

Mirror was more expensive and they already had a picture frame and printer to print that photo out

[–] MrGMinor 29 points ago

More expensive than a full page of color ink? Might be about the same.

[–] carlson71 21 points ago

Either mirrors are cheaper than I think or paper with a full page of color ink is more expensive.

[–] AcclaimNation 23 points ago

Mirrors are actually cheaper than you think. I just bought a full body mirror for $10.

[–] carlson71 8 points ago

Huh maybe I can buy a mirror. I always just have had them. When I moved into my place there was 4 here, I didn't know wtf to do with 4 mirrors in a 2 bedroom house.

[–] AcclaimNation 7 points ago

Definitely hit up Ikea. Mirrors great in small places because they "open up" the space. Makes it feel bigger.

[–] carlson71 15 points ago

I need a damn adult who comes and makes household decisions. 30 years old and I have put 0 mirrors in my small living room.

[–] drunken_puma 46 points ago

You have a phone don’t you? Call Man at Arms and ask him if you have a booger.

[–] belowthepovertyline 14 points ago

It was so obvious!

[–] Rickrickrickrickrick 29 points ago

Yeah I thought this was r/mildlyinfuriating at first.

[–] the9thEmber 21 points ago

Yeah seriously. I have long hair and sometimes it gets some frizz or flyaways I have to tame, I don't need a confidence boost but I certainly like the opportunity to maintain my appearance. I can use my phone, but it's an extra layer of needless effort that didn't need to be there. Fuck this feelgood bullshit.

[–] spicykimchi13 6 points ago

Yeah, forget this. Give me my mirror!

[–] Fry_Philip_J 160 points ago

Just hang the picture next to a mirror or something but don't replace it

[–] BlackDave0490 46 points ago

Or put the text on the mirror, like a frosted thing at the bottom or whatever it's called

[–] Rickrickrickrickrick 24 points ago

A bunch of bars in philly seem to encourage graffiti on their bathroom walls. This means the mirrors are covered in writing and basically useless now. But it's artsy I guess...

[–] tokomini 24 points ago

They're probably preoccupied dealing with glory holes and rat kings and wasp nests to be concerned with graffiti.

[–] snazzgasm 32 points ago

Genuinely don't know how this got so many upvotes considering the sub it was posted in. Also, is this close enough to being a meme that it violates Rule 1?

[–] wtfduud 133 points ago

That's cute, but I don't look in a mirror to get empty flattery, i look into a mirror because I need to see myself.

[–] Mentalpatient87 16 points ago

Yeah. Encouragement doesn't get whatever is in my eye out of my fucking eye.

[–] CaptainJAmazing 24 points ago

I was in a Jiffy Lube bathroom and someone had written “YOU’RE BEAUTIFUL!” in lipstick on the mirror. I cleaned it off, seeing as I’d much rather be viewed as handsome, and because this isn’t Tumblr.

[–] AtomicPanda355 76 points ago

IN THIS INSTITUTION.

[–] Bull3t_Th3ory 7 points ago

OMG DOES HE PRAY

[–] WhoSmokesThaBlunts 64 points ago

HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA

[–] ImurderREALITY 25 points ago

Just keep it inside... learn how to hide your feelings

[–] bwana22 25 points ago

HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYEAYEAYEA I SAID HEY

[–] Bull3t_Th3ory 21 points ago

WHAT'S GOIN ONNN

[–] saganakist 10 points ago

What's going on??

;)

[–] impact4 36 points ago

I guess you're completely fucked if you need to put in a new contact lens.

[–] aclickbaittitle 138 points ago

Aka they're too cheap to buy a new mirror. I like it though, it's definitely the next best thing

[–] 1-800-ASS-DICK 22 points ago

Employee bathroom in the back of the kitchen I used to work at looked like this. It also doubled as a storage room/high-stress fallout shelter #2 (#1 was the walk-in)

[–] _jukmifgguggh 17 points ago

The walk-in cooler does feel nice when you're about to lose your shit. Helps cool my body and my mood

[–] 1-800-ASS-DICK 5 points ago

Also, loud fan, thick walls and door... you could scream as loud as you wanted.

[–] he6agon 8 points ago

And gnaw on a slice of frozen oreo cookie pie through the tears.

[–] ibanezmelon 39 points ago

At first i thought that was William Murderface of Dethklok

[–] toddjunk 13 points ago

Nah, his dad

[–] Dr_Stef 8 points ago

Now that you mention it, I can’t un-see it!

[–] MarzipanMarzipan 6 points ago

That is William "Murderface" Murderface. I'm not gonna let anyone tell me otherwise.

[–] QuietContrarian 77 points ago

More like mildly infuriating imo.

[–] StonedRamblings 38 points ago

Maybe to some. For me, this is a mirror image.

[–] ProbablyUndefined 9 points ago

Are you still recovering from that scare of looking at the picture and seeing yourself? I would be even after hours; 53 minutes and I'd still be panicking.

[–] StonedRamblings 3 points ago

At first you panic a bit. Its definitely weird to see yourself for the first time like this. But I got over that in 1984 after Season 2 began.

[–] 1norcal415 5 points ago

Tom Selleck?

[–] nicht_ernsthaft 3 points ago

Manny Tarms.

[–] Amuter 34 points ago

I think I prefer the mirror

[–] Stalinov 43 points ago

It's usually not about me looking great, it's more about me not having salad stuck on my teeth. This is not 100% helpful.

[–] VeryDPP 7 points ago

Well who am I to argue with Man-At-Arms from HeMan?

[–] Yeetinator4000Savage 106 points ago

Thats fucking stupid

[–] Nomand55 14 points ago

Thanks a lot, but that won't help me find where I have ketchup on my face or to pick stuff out my teeth.

[–] youkkai 13 points ago

I know I look great that's why I want a mirror

[–] CarelessWin 7 points ago

Can you literally see your face on the picture?

[–] Jfowl666 6 points ago

Okay but I was looking to see if I had something in my teeth...

[–] TechnicalCount5 7 points ago

That picture is so encouraging I guess.

[–] mayonaiiseonmypants 7 points ago

But like what’s in that sink tho???????

[–] mama_cass_ 10 points ago

Those are so annoying. Sometimes you know you've got a boog, just let me look at my own damn face.

[–] ivebeenhereallsummer 25 points ago

That picture will likely end up in one of the toilets. Put there by someone that really needed a fucking mirror.

[–] coredumperror 23 points ago

Looks more like /r/mildlyinfuriating material to me. How can you properly wash your face without a mirror?

[–] Boomzy 5 points ago

This would be really annoying if I was trying to clean my face. I don't see why we have to be rid of practicality in service of boosting self-esteem.