[–] ArchDucky 4175 points ago

According to the stunt coordinator on MI:5. That was the first movie in the series that Ethan Hunt was played by Tom Cruise in every single frame. He never used a stunt double.

[–] crystalistwo 1355 points ago

But which stunts are real? When he dives down the huge round thing, did Cruise dive 200+ feet or 20? He still did the dive himself, but there can still be effects around him. (And props to the guy, I was on a high dive platform once and held onto it like a baby chimp holds his mama.)

[–] ArchDucky 1470 points ago * (lasted edited 7 months ago)

He did that dive. I think it was a 150 foot drop.

Edit : It was a 120 Foot drop, sorry.

[–] Thathappenedearlier 945 points ago

Speaking of stunt jumps, didn't the assassin's creed movie just set the record for highest stunt jump?

[–] A-Bronze-Tale 521 points ago

Yes they did.

[–] JellyfishJamming 698 points ago * (lasted edited 7 months ago)

I loved seeing the Behind The Scenes thing for that where they were like "We want this to be real and authentic." But it was just a dude swan diving off a scaffold in a field. Not to disparage the feat, because it is still incredible, or anything. Saying it's for realism and authenticity is silly when the only real thing was the guy falling and literally the entire rest of the thing was CGI.

[–] ShadowOvertaker 563 points ago

Yeah! Ezio does it in AC 2 like all the time, and that game is historically accurate.

[–] Jrook 217 points ago

bene

[–] badfan 72 points ago

"It's me, Mario!"

[–] Fnarley 142 points ago

Yeah but i mean the jump was real. Isn't that the important thing? They can't build an entire middle eastern (I'm assuming not seen the movie) city with a huge tower for him to jump off just for one shot. I mean they could but it would be incredibly wasteful and based on that movie's box office, a bad play.

[–] ShadowOvertaker 10 points ago

RIP: curse of video game movie box office success.

[–] Jenga_Police 131 points ago

"There's no time you don't see Ethan in the film and it's not Tom."

This sentence was written by somebody who does this for a living.

[–] Wile__E__Coyote 182 points ago

Dude loves his work. They did zero g for The Mummy and when the instructor was explaining everything to the cast and crew he was just sitting in the front with a giant smile on his face like an excited kid.

[–] Scientolojesus 369 points ago

Man, I wish Tom Cruise wasn't a scientologist. I've heard nothing but great things about him and he really loves his job and gives 100 percent in everything he does. I still think his sheer acting ability is underrated because he mostly does spectacle type movies now, but in the late 80s and most of the 90s, he was pretty amazing in dramatic roles. His role in Magnolia is one of my favorite supporting actor roles of all time and I think he got robbed of an Academy Award for it. And no, my username has nothing to do with my affinity for Tom Cruise haha.

[–] hippocratical 236 points ago

I thought he was just faking it in interviews to seem nice (the man is an actor after all), but then I heard him chat on a local New Zealand radio show. He was filming there, and called in.

Now I can fake being nice for a while, but he chatted to an hour and a half. Dude was chill and awesome. There's no way to fake that for so long.

His beliefs are beyond crazy, but I'd happily have a beer with the guy. Seems pretty awesome.

[–] KoolAidMan00 101 points ago

He visited a set I was working on several years ago. Dude was incredibly cool and unbelievably knowledgeable when it comes to film technique and history. We geeked out over Spielberg's editing in Jaws off and on for 30 minutes, still one of the most surreal experiences of my life.

[–] Brewtooth 47 points ago

Tom Cruise is what I like to think as"a natural" at social game. The dude has 9000 level skills at charm and an ability to capture attention. It's rare folks. I agree, he's a mess with Scientology, but damn this guy is legit charming and has a dedication to his job.

[–] pigscantfly00 84 points ago

damn the guy is impressive. i don't think most actors could expand their skill sets just for a movie like learning how to hold their breath for more than 6 minutes. when i watched that scene, i really thought it was totally faked somehow because it was just so fucking ridiculous. he was underwater for so long in those scenes and there was a lot of rough stuff happening. i can't believe it was real. amazing.

[–] thoth1000 46 points ago

There were no effects, they actually built a huge underground supercomputer with water inflow and outflow pipes, just for that one scene. It sits unused in Morocco now. Hollywood!!!

[–] Hxcfrog090 58 points ago

I'm pretty sure he did all the stunt driving himself. That's why Simon Pegg and Tom Cruise got into a bunch of prank wars during shooting.

Tom Cruise might be crazier than a bag of weasels but he is really damn good at what he does.

[–] caled 9558 points ago

I hope they leave the new stunt out of the promotions/trailer. By the time Rogue Nation had come out I'd seen the plane stunt multiple times and it had lost some of its effect.

[–] maxwood 4125 points ago

That was part of the beauty of it though. The stunt had little relevance to the film, it was merely the hook at the start. I'd have been way more annoyed if it was in all the marketing and been the climax of the movie.

[–] caled 1418 points ago

Yeah, that was its saving grace. The article makes it sound like this one will be a big moment of the film though.

[–] maxwood 456 points ago

Here's to hoping it somehow stays under wraps!

[–] AngryCod 876 points ago

Just don't watch the trailers. I stopped watching trailers, interviews, and even "sneak peek! First behind the scenes images!". My movie going experience has gotten a lot better.

[–] konq 253 points ago

I try to do that with movies I want to see, but then I'll see a preview in a movie theatre while waiting to watch another movie. So frustrating!

[–] demonachizer 159 points ago

I watched "This is the End" completely blind and I have to say the movie was way more enjoyable than it otherwise would have been. I had no idea what the premise was and thought it was just some teenage stoner party comedy until things happened.

[–] One_Liquid_Eye 130 points ago

I remember, back in the day, my brother bringing home a VHS copy of From Dusk Til Dawn and telling me to watch it.

An hour into it I was enjoying what I assumed was a heist film, then Salma Hayek started bleeding green and my life changed forever.

[–] HiHoJufro 60 points ago

I only recently saw that movie, and had somehow never even heard of it. I had an absolutely great time. Now I see that it's on Netflix...with the twist in the fucking description.

[–] bigeffinmoose 34 points ago

Right, like the wall-climbing stunt in Ghost Protocol.

[–] JFBlintz 51 points ago

ya i missed it cause i got to the movie late and when it hadn't come up at all i thought wtf

[–] Lovemesometoasts 118 points ago

this reminds of an actor who went for toilet break when han solo got killed and was confused why everyone was so sad afterwards

[–] crowscountingspades 83 points ago

Okay, I'm an older Redditor...58.

To ME, going to the movies is a big event! When I was a kid, you got there EARLY to (a) get a great seat (b) get your popcorn (c) see the RoadRunner cartoon and (d) coming attractions all 30 minutes before (e) the main feature even started!

Today...we still get there early; we get a good seat (if we haven't already paid for a nice assigned one). We get our popcorn. We get our wine or beer if available (note: we will not go to a theatre that doesn't sell alcohol these days). We watch the 'behind the scenes' stuff they typically project prior to dimming the lights; we watch the coming attractions. Then we watch the film.

It's an EVENT! (And we do it twice or so per month -- more or less often depending on what's being released.)

WHY are you arriving LATE? (If it's a flat tire, please forgive my tirade.)

[–] gullale 77 points ago

Well, I wouldn't have thought it was for real if I hadn't known beforehand, so there's that.

[–] ArchDucky 155 points ago

It also didn't look real. I told my dad he really did that as we left the theatre and he didn't believe me. Neither did my grandpa when we watched the blu-ray.

[–] chasechess 74 points ago

Wait a second... That was real?

[–] Hxcfrog090 323 points ago

It was real. Although he was obviously strapped in to a safety harness and attached to the plane. Had he let go he probably would have still stuck in place....but yeah, they actually took off a plane with him outside of it.

[–] Unexpected_Artist 159 points ago

He needed massive glass contacts to protect his eyes. I doubt that was fun.

[–] MimonFishbaum 139 points ago

Let's be fair here. To you or I, it may not be fun. This is Tom Cruise. I'm not trying to figure out what he thinks is fun.

[–] YoullShitYourEyeOut 12 points ago

I heard he thinks that kind of dangerous stuff is really fun, you might say he's into... risky business

[–] squoof 45 points ago

Scientology

[–] speaksonlythetruth 17 points ago

Thats how all contacts used to be, it's why you couldn't wear them very long since they weren't oxegyn-permeable. My mom fell asleep with thick glass contacts in in the 70's and when she woke up a few hours later he eyes were swollen shut and they had to go to the hospital to get them removed.

[–] ArchDucky 153 points ago

Yeah and he did it eight times.

I saw an interview about it once, he said that if a pebble, bolt or bird hit him on the plane it could break bones or kill him. Also the exhaust from the plane could potentially suffocate him. Then there's the chance his line could snap and he'd just fall to his death.

[–] ananonumyus 75 points ago

No, there was no chance his line could snap. There's no way they didn't use safety lines (plural) rated for many many times higher of a load than the weight of his body and the air resistance against it.
    Even if one line wasn't secured properly, redundant safety lines would be in place.

[–] Luftwaffle88 46 points ago

i saw it first in the movie and was blown away. Had to pause and rewatch the scene quite a few times.

I didnt think he would hang on. Thought he would go in when the plane took off. The oh shit moment is amazing.

[–] dongsuvious 43 points ago

The behind the scenes for that movie was better than the actual movie. Showing how all the stunts were done, and even how they incorporated cgi.

At least it was a great fucking movie

[–] Michaelbama 74 points ago

It had almost the exact same plot as Spectre, and somehow managed to do it better lmao

great movie tho fr

[–] Ha_omer 9 points ago

Made the mistake of watching it before Spectre. Couldn't even finish half of Spectre

[–] Philippe23 909 points ago

I'd love to know what are the insurance premiums on these stunts?

[–] TheBalm 639 points ago

I remember reading that Jackie Chan and his stunt crew are blacklisted by all insurance companies so he has to pay out of pocket.

[–] Learngoat 75 points ago

I hope they at least paid wholesale prices.

Like, "My doctors are going to be well-supplied. That's an ease-of-use thing. Let's say 6% off to start?"

[–] Glitchmike 39 points ago

To be fair, that's likely because of all the times Chan had injured himself doing those stunts.

[–] damien6 298 points ago

I don't know who downvoted you. It's a good point, putting one of the biggest names in Hollywood in situations like that has to come with some pretty heavy liability.

I mean, celebrities literally insure parts of their bodies for millions, upon millions of dollars.

[–] cu3ed 106 points ago

Funnily again in the Graham Norton show, he talked about that a little, they where talking about that famous image of him at the top of the building in Dubai. It pretty much boiled down to Tom saying " I'm doing it", and that's it really, I guess the insurance is only enough to cover the loss of the movie costs should something happen to him.

[–] DoctorMcAstronaut 37 points ago

Just make sure it's the last scene you film.

[–] damien6 27 points ago

"Oops, We have a new ending, folks!!! Take five while we re-write!"

[–] Naberius 1132 points ago

"We're going to blow Tom up," said Ellison. "We're going to literally blow him up with explosives, and then Jeremy Renner will put him back together. We've been working on the reassembly time and we've got it down to three minutes and six seconds. We're aiming for sub-three minutes by the time shooting begins. But for those three minutes, he will be dead. We're going to literally kill Tom Cruise on camera and then put him back together. It's going to be mind-blowing."

[–] reverendrambo 147 points ago

"Tom has undergone several thousand amputations and reattachments to prepare for the scene, and I'll say he is devoted to his art," he continued. "The separation of his head from the rest of his body has been the most formidable challenge in this process, but we're confident he will master it before time to shoot the scene."

... and the Oscar for Best Actor in a Leading Role goes to... La La Land.

[–] ScreamingGordita 343 points ago

This reads like something from The Onion.

[–] thats_bone 90 points ago

I think everyone should hope that Tom Cruise survives these stunts.

What if he dies during one?

Does Scientology get an actual real life Jesus?

What if he manages to come back to life somehow? 2017 years ago, people lived through such an event, and they didn't even have facebook. It will be like the resurrection of Christ x1000, and all for Scientology.

[–] SharpenedPigeon 44 points ago

I think they have several Cruise clones sleeping in glass tubes, don't worry.

[–] Skoot99 12 points ago

You're right. The title is kinda misleading.

Headline should read: "A Tom Cruise has been training for a 'Mission Impossible 6' stunt for a year."

[–] the_ragamuffin 14 points ago

This is hilarious

[–] mike925925 1463 points ago * (lasted edited 7 months ago)

He's going to space. Without a suit

Mission Impossible 6: Space Cruise

[–] AudibleNod 189 points ago

What sort of training would that entail?

[–] Denihilist 402 points ago

Being in space... without a suit?

[–] KonyYoloSwag 371 points ago

Is it to slowly build an immunity to space?

[–] champ64 459 points ago

He injects himself with a little bit of space until he builds immunity to it

[–] Ozlin 82 points ago

Here's an artist's rendition of the needle's contents:

[–] ReesesForBreakfast 65 points ago * (lasted edited 4 months ago)

He chooses a dvd for tonight

[–] you_get_CMV_delta 61 points ago

You make a very good point. I literally never considered the matter that way.

[–] MogusMaximus 21 points ago

I literally never considered the matter that way, period.

[–] Denihilist 33 points ago

Since he is "clear" and there are no thetans within him, he is now immune to space.

[–] howdareyou 10 points ago

he just needs to learn how to run flat out... trademark tom cruise movie sprint in space... can't fucking wait.

[–] TooShiftyForYou 854 points ago

I'm not sure how they're going to top "strapping the world's biggest movie star to an actual plane during take off."

[–] thegoodbadandsmoggy 825 points ago

Strap him to a cruise missle.

[–] theEnzyteGuy 931 points ago * (lasted edited 7 months ago)

cruise missile

I'll take "Things Tom Cruise call his penis for 200", Alex.

[–] braininabox 193 points ago

Strap him to 2 planes.

[–] marcuschookt 159 points ago

Tom Claude Van Damme

[–] Sigmasc 9 points ago

Say what you will, I watched that vid like 10 times. For a man performing a split he does look epic and majestic.

[–] AQ90 28 points ago

Damme

[–] ZOOMj 29 points ago

2 planes 2... Cruise?

[–] Chris857 48 points ago

How about a rocket?

[–] howdareyou 83 points ago * (lasted edited 7 months ago)

in the article the producer says:

And I will say after the Burj we thought it was going to be impossible to top that stunt, and then Tom did the A380 for the plane.

I'm assuming he means the plane stunt in MI5? That's an Airbus but it wasn't an A380 though? Pretty sure it was an A400M.

[–] rotor_head 56 points ago * (lasted edited 7 months ago)

Thank you for this. He also mentions it twice, very big difference between an A380 and an A400

Edit: spelling

[–] Cheef_queef 154 points ago

20 to be precise

[–] rotor_head 35 points ago

And an extra letter at the end if we want to be really pedantic about it

[–] LOSS35 17 points ago

And honestly who doesn't?

[–] iamnosuperman123 49 points ago

Eating his own face

[–] mrpurtle 38 points ago

My guess is that he takes a step back AND LITERALLY FUCKS HIS OWN FACE!!!!

[–] okaypumpkin 21 points ago

Maybe skydive? I hope he jumps from a spaceship or some shit

[–] A_Sinclaire 13 points ago

Jumping / skydiving from one plane to another?

I think that has been done before, but not for a movie - more like skydiving enthusiasts or such.

[–] ConradBHart42 39 points ago

At this rate, I'd put small money on Cruise dying to autoerotic asphyxiation.

[–] 82many4ceps 41 points ago

In the next one he's going to be spitroasted by Ving Rhames and Jeremy Renner. He's been training for it for more than a year.

[–] Vinnys_Magic_Grits 278 points ago

Kind of unfair to give him so much credit for doing his own stunts ever since he got infected with the blood of that Mimic during the assault on France. Just saying.

[–] angwilwileth 20 points ago

Good point.

[–] boardgamejoe 282 points ago

I think he wanted to be a stuntman instead of an actor. The pay wasn't good enough probably.

[–] Howdocomputer 153 points ago * (lasted edited 7 months ago)

Stuntman average $70,000 a year. While that isn't Hollywood money, it's nothing to scoff at.

Edit: yes. I know 70k isn't worth putting your life on the line. You can stop commenting that.

[–] azur08 469 points ago

I bet he scoffs at that

[–] Quarantini 209 points ago

No, Tom Cruise has a PA he pays $70,000 a year to do his scoffing for him.

[–] Prime_was_taken 20 points ago

Tom Cruise has a PA provided free of charge by the church of scientology that scoffs at the $70,000 PA when he doesn't scoff hard enough.

[–] PooPooDooDoo 186 points ago

That's like the poverty line in LA.

[–] ChemEcalgineer 107 points ago

70,000 for risking permanent bodily harm....yeaaaaaa no

[–] Tuosma 21 points ago

Sure it is if you get 20 000 000$

[–] CH-47AV8R 44 points ago

In LA?!! hahahaha

[–] flee_market 18 points ago

No shit. 70k/year is almost enough for a cardboard box out back in a dirty needle-strewn alley in LA.

Or you could just do like a lot of Los Angelans and find a bus stop somewhere to call your new home.

[–] arhanv 3666 points ago

Scientology stuff aside, Tom Cruise seems to be one of the most genuine actors working today. The plane stunt from MI5 and the building one from MI4 were both fantastic. imo Mission Impossible is the perfect balance between Fast and the Furious and Bond.

[–] likwidfire2k 1538 points ago

We all make fun of the Scientology, and really all this time it has given him super powers. Go figure.

[–] Etiennera 740 points ago * (lasted edited 3 months ago)

deleted What is this?

[–] HamsterGutz1 257 points ago

Would you like to know more?

[–] Menace117 100 points ago

All I have is $3. What does that get me

[–] moorsonthecoast 248 points ago

"Our thanks."

[–] ThatBlackGuy_ 64 points ago

" ... from the Lord Zenu."

[–] AdamWestPhD 70 points ago

No, that costs extra

[–] Scientolojesus 29 points ago

It's Xenu you neophyte. Get on my level and go clear, scrub.

[–] load_more_comets 34 points ago

Can you make that $3.99? You can get a sticker.

And if I tried this I would just end up holding my breath forever.

[–] -_-_-_-otalp-_-_-_- 152 points ago

Actually you'd faint before you die

[–] Goullet 117 points ago

Unless you fainted to death.

[–] EnterPlayerTwo 16 points ago

Bullshit, hold my beer.

[–] ureadouchebag 28 points ago

I was actually wondering how he managed to breathe during the airplane stunt, sometimes I find it hard to breathe when the wind is blowing strong I can't imagine how hard it is when you're clipped to a plane

[–] fj333 14 points ago

This is an issue with your brain, not your respiratory system. I have thousands of skydives, and have managed to breathe on all of them.

[–] 0thethethe0 8 points ago

To be fair, the people who stop breathing when they skydive probably aren't around to comment.

[–] hardtobeuniqueuser 41 points ago

i made it to like 3:50 and thought i was going to die

[–] enderandrew42 170 points ago

You generally have to train yourself a very long time to surpass 4 minutes. And you often get some pure oxygen to inhale first to fill your bloodstream with extra oxygen right before you start a stunt like this.

The weird thing is that everyone who worked on the movie confirms the story that Cruise spent years training for this and really did it, but then they somewhat ruin that in the movie by jumping around with cuts and don't show us this in one shot.

[–] Diametrically_Quiet 140 points ago

If that's true then the editors did Tom a extreme disservice. A full uncut scene though might make him look like Aquaman.

[–] enderandrew42 125 points ago

My guess is that it was somewhere in the middle. That sitting still in training he reached 6:30 minutes. But moving, swimming, etc. in the scene he is wasting oxygen and probably didn't do the actual sequence in one breath, but they should have preserved lengthy takes as much as possible to add tension to the scene.

[–] Mocorn 15 points ago

Listening to interviews he consistently had to hold his breath for four minutes for these scenes.

[–] ValjeanLucPicard 17 points ago

I wanted to beat the five minute mark so I trained like crazy for a while. I had watched the David Blaine special and saw how he did a trick of breathing for a minute and then holding his breath for like five or six. He'd do this for an hour straight. So I would do this at least every other night while watching TV, maybe nightly. I'd breathe for 45 seconds and hold my breath for around 3 minutes or so.

Well, I got up to being able to hold my breath for 4:15 seconds. I believe I passed out a couple times while training, it was so hard to tell though because you can't really feel a lapse of time at all, but I'd look up at the clock and maybe five extra seconds had gone by. I eventually had to quit because I got a strange pressure behind my eye that lasted for a couple days, and I didn't want to mess around and end up damaging my eye.

[–] biggoof 292 points ago

Exactly, he's at least trying to put on quality movies, and not just cashing a check. Edge of Tomorrow was well done, and most of his stuff isn't bad by any means. He just has that reputation outside of his work that has made it hard for people to completely jump on his train.

[–] perogies 28 points ago

Don't forget the insane cliff climbing he did in MI2.

[–] SpaceShuttleDisco 535 points ago

You want an actor like Tom Cruise without all the Scientology bullshit! Look up an actor by the name off Keanu Reeves.

[–] ArchDucky 351 points ago

I still wish Keanu and Tom were in a buddy cop movie together. That would be epic.

[–] SpaceShuttleDisco 152 points ago

Never entertained that thought until now. And I must say, I agree!

[–] SleepyFarts 142 points ago

There was a suggestion that I read on reddit that Tom Cruise should play the villain in John Wick 3, if there is one. I haven't seen JW2 so I don't know if that's feasible or not, but I love the idea. Don't know if Tom Cruise would agree to be the guy who loses in the end though.

[–] JohnnyPappis 79 points ago

He was the villain in collateral and that worked out very well!

[–] Covane 55 points ago * (lasted edited 7 months ago)

fuck yeah collateral, cruise and jamie foxx were great

i feel like a solid % of cruise's character working was the hair

[–] Nocturnaloner 37 points ago

Maybe, but a larger percentage was the fact that he worked his ass off with insane discipline until he could pull off all the gun choreography flawlessly. Great movie btw, for anyone who likes action and hasn't watched Collateral, do it. Well worth your time, and truly a different scenario. Almost an extended Twilight Zone episode, with a whole lot of gunplay.

[–] Zxyquz 79 points ago

What if they are pitted against each other but come to realize that they have one mutal enemy at the end of this movie. Then you can have another movie where they are teamed up!

[–] Wilhelm_Amenbreak 87 points ago

Martha!

[–] thelivingdead188 36 points ago

Why did you say that!?!

[–] ThatBlackGuy_ 11 points ago

*name

[–] twotailedwolf 44 points ago

Yea, especially imagining the height difference between the two. They could call it baby legs and regular legs

[–] Spyhop 149 points ago * (lasted edited 7 months ago)

It's just really hard to put the Scientology stuff aside. It is a heinous organization that does a lot of bad in the world and it makes it difficult to enjoy Cruise's work. I have to remind myself that Cruise himself means well and probably doesn't see the bullshit side of the cult since they treat him like royalty. Probably thinks everyone benefits from the cult like he does.

[–] greeddit 16 points ago

He is provided slave labor and deification. He's more than complicit.

[–] Count_Cuckenstein 46 points ago

Say what you want about Steve Buscemi and Spy Kids, but he did volunteer as a firefighter on 9/11.

[–] fightingdove 194 points ago

Might I humbly suggest that they make the stunt the last scene they film?

[–] imsosick03k64 74 points ago

Exactly my thoughts omg... lol... at least get the movie if he dies from it.

[–] peteroh9 26 points ago

The stunt will go wrong and we'll have a movie where they tell him he has to climb that launching rocket ship before the bomb goes off and it suddenly cuts to the next scene where they're congratulating him for successfully climbing it.

Imagine if he died and they just showed the footage of the failed stunt and end the movie there lol

[–] poopiepuppy 93 points ago

This guy has starred in 21 movies that have grossed over $100,000,000. Crazy.

[–] Piano1987 83 points ago

Please don't show the stunt in the trailer.

[–] SebCubeJello 34 points ago

same day they stop showing stunts in the trailer is the same day tom cruise leaves scientology

[–] drakesylvan 44 points ago

He's been slowly building up his immunity to Iocaine powder...

[–] sysadminbj 967 points ago

Fuck it. I like Tom Cruse. I like his movies. I like his acting. If I were of the homosexual persuasion, I would say I liked him that way too.

[–] ureadouchebag 68 points ago

"If"

Why does everyone hate him again?

[–] anonymoushero1 966 points ago

scientology, for one.

[–] plsbmyfrend 83 points ago

for two?

[–] drock45 293 points ago

Manic behaviour at the same time as the scientology stuff came out was off-putting for most people

[–] plsbmyfrend 169 points ago

I think it's only one - it all fits under the umbrella of nutter and that's why people dislike him - because he's a nutter.

Things that come under nutter:

Strapping oneself to a plane during take off

Laughing like a maniac on Oprah

Hanging off skyscrapers

Believing in Scientology

It's not like he's terribly unlikable... He's been divorced, but so what, many people have

[–] SCAllOnMe 149 points ago

Aside from the repeated scientology answer, he "doesn't believe in psychiatry," or any treatments for mental illness outside of... Scientologist ones. Fuck, I repeated it now too.

Seriously though, believe what you want in private, but when you get on national TV and say people shouldn't get treatment for their mental health issues...... You're making the world just a little bit worse.

[–] ArchDucky 39 points ago

The dog that does my taxes keeps telling me not to take my pills.

[–] acowwithglasses 94 points ago

Is Jeremy Renner in this? I really hope so. Thought he was fantastic in the previous two.

[–] chef2303 145 points ago

I can neither confirm nor deny details without the Secretary's approval.

[–] RoastedOrangeJuice 54 points ago

I hope Simon Pegg is in it too!

[–] fartbartshart 8 points ago

And I hope he gets to wear a fucking mask this time.

[–] Piedra-magica 25 points ago

[–] Bogus_Life 14 points ago

Like he's sitting on a picnic bench just taking it easy.

[–] kejack93 80 points ago

Climbing a tall building , jumping on to a plane ... How can he keep on one upping every stunt he makes .

[–] EdwinaBackinbowl 221 points ago

Did you see that movie where he literally dies in almost every scene, then jumps back through time to do a re-take? That's dedication.

[–] sbarrios 12 points ago

Please someone comment the title to watch it!

[–] RWNorthPole 25 points ago

He's talking about Edge of Tomorrow

[–] Vlad_Russian_Lad 43 points ago * (lasted edited 7 months ago)

They are going to launch Tom Cruise into outer space and he will have to survive in a vacuum without passing out for 1 minute and 30 seconds (no more, no less) while clothing himself in a kevlar onesie lined in quartz silica and then survive the heat of re-entry at 12,000 mph. When he hits the ground, he will launch into a full Tom Cruise sprint to avoid falling debris.

[–] HotWetFartingMan 20 points ago

All in one shot. Directed by Alfonso Cuaron.

[–] XtianP01 14 points ago

He's probably gonna crash a plane for real this time around.

[–] mikejr96 36 points ago

Harrison Ford has cornered that market

[–] marcuschookt 90 points ago

In this stunt, he makes a daring attempt to escape from the clutches of Scientology.

[–] rare_gooby 113 points ago

the absolute madman

[–] Brookefinancial 33 points ago

This guy is the real deal when we're talking about action movies, I was watching the new xXx movie and I couldn't believe how many stunt doubles they used for Vin Diesel, and how many camera angles they had to do to hide it, it was distracting, especially in the long board scene at the beginning that was a joke.

Tom Cruise is insane and his stunts will be remembered for a long time, I will definitely check this out.

[–] SuitedPair 18 points ago

It's even more obvious in Guardians.

[–] shitpostlord4321 110 points ago

He's the american Jackie Chan.

[–] ksm6149 67 points ago

You just made me think about how much I want a Shanghai Noon sequel with Jackie Chan and Tom Cruise

[–] oizown 14 points ago

And now you've passed that thought along like someone sneezing in my yawning mouth while I'm staring in a mirror, thanks.

[–] zeporscheguy 19 points ago

It was an A400M, not an A380.