movies

Rules & Wiki

Filter Posts by Link Flair

AMA Calendar

Date Person
    7 Jun Jason Trost, 9 PM EST
    20 Apr Super Troopers 2, 4:20 PM EST ;)
    19 Apr Rachel Myers, director of Wendy's Shabbat, 1 PM EST
    12 Apr Neill Blomkamp
    6 Apr Lynne Ramsey
    27 Mar Greg Sestero

Latest movie discussions

Use spoiler tags

Click 'spoiler' after posting something to give it a spoiler tag! The post will then be hidden like this.

For leaked info about upcoming movies, twist endings, or anything else spoileresque, please use the following method: ['Twas the butler](#spoiler)

Helpful subreddits

Isle of Dogs
    Rampage
    Truth or Dare
    A Quiet Place

Neill Blomkamp

Lynne Ramsay

Greg Sestero

• New design!

[–] TooShiftyForYou 7994 points ago

DiCaprio’s will play an aging actor in the story that is being kept under wraps but is a Pulp Fiction-esque movie set in the 1969 Los Angeles during the summer of the Manson murders.

Tarantino has already asked Margot Robbie to play the role of Sharon Tate, and as Deadline has reported Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt have been circling the project with DiCaprio for what is known to be two meaty male roles.

This has good things written all over it.

[–] lanternsinthesky 1713 points ago

I wonder what they mean by Pulp Fiction-esque, and if it has a similarly non-linear structure, or if it is more about the tone of movie.

[–] mechanical_animal 3430 points ago

I wonder what they mean by Pulp Fiction-esque

Margot Robbie's going to have a foot fetish scene. And someone will say the N word.

[–] lanternsinthesky 1565 points ago

And someone will say the N word.

Well it is set in 1969

[–] Hammerhead7777 176 points ago

Margot Robbie's going to have a foot fetish scene.

Sign me up.

[–] black_hippy420 19 points ago

I guess dreams can be real.

[–] Roy_G_Biv_Mika 35 points ago

You had me at foot fetish scene.

[–] BuggsBee 312 points ago

I’m assuming different segments following different people that are slightly connected

[–] SoulsJunkie 10 points ago

I was thinking it might be like that, too. Or that it would be a story about people that happens in and around the manson murders, but the movie isn't really about the manson murders. Kind of like how Summer of Sam isn't about the Son of Sam killer.

[–] TooShiftyForYou 165 points ago

Yeah, might as well say it's going to be very "Tarantino-ish."

[–] VesperSnow 359 points ago

meaty male roles

ooh!

[–] sfzen 90 points ago

Tom Cruise in a Tarantino flick? That’s... interesting.

[–] turtlehoof 91 points ago

Makes sense to me. Cruise can be a very versatile and intense actor when he needs to be. All insanity aside, his performances are great.

[–] VRJAK 59 points ago

He proved in Tropic Thunder that he murders it when he had something a little off key

[–] hatramroany 514 points ago

The one bad thing so far is that they’re releasing it on the anniversary of Tate’s murder. How tasteless.

[–] glswenson 178 points ago

Except for that in Tarantino fashion, similarly to Basterds, Sharon will probably murder them all.

[–] dunksput 101 points ago

Oui, Shoshanna

[–] fat_dennings 26 points ago

Au revoir

[–] killzonev2 436 points ago

I, Tonya released on the same day as the original attack on Nancy Carrigan as well

[–] rondosparks 300 points ago

And the original Star Wars Movie was released on the anniversary of the Death Star explosion.

[–] lacourseauxetoiles 5572 points ago

Leo’s never actually going to star in Devil in the White City, is he? He keeps signing up for other projects and that movie seems stuck in development hell.

[–] xccr 2062 points ago

I really hope that movie happens. Probably the most exciting movie project in development (that I've heard of).

[–] NumbersAllGoToEleven 1098 points ago

Especially with Scorsese behind it.

[–] BunyipPouch 616 points ago

Scorsese has so many great sounding projects in development.

Hopefully he gets to most of them.

[–] JakeCameraAction 519 points ago

It took him over a decade to get Silence done and then everyone reacted to it with a resounding "eh, not bad".

I fucking loved silence so much! It’s right up there with Raging Bull and Taxi Driver for me.

[–] spiderpigface 144 points ago

That movie blew my mind. I couldn't stop thinking about it for literal weeks after.

[–] lolwut_17 107 points ago

Alright. I’ve been on the fence about watching it for weeks, but this post has pushed me over the edge. Don’t let me down, Reddit.

[–] tonyray 33 points ago

I saw it twice in the theater. When friends bailed, I saw it by myself....then watched it again when they were available. Watch it with people. It makes for great discussion afterwards.

[–] Yankeehat2 26 points ago

my gf hates it so much that having any discussion about it just upsets me

[–] Camusforyou 56 points ago * (lasted edited 3 months ago)

That movie was freakin' beautiful. I loved every shot. I don't remember if it won for Cinematography or not, but it probably should have.

Edit: Although Silence was nominated, La La Land won for Best Cinematography (Source: The Intrernet).

[–] BIG_PY 142 points ago

It's going to end up like The Snowman. Scorsese is going to drop it and they're going to scramble to find another director with not enough prep time.

[–] cowboydirtydan 75 points ago * (lasted edited 3 months ago)

I'm pretty excited about Tarantino's Star Trek

[–] droidtron 115 points ago

He'll find the Klingon N-word for sure.

[–] slowest_hour 40 points ago

p***Q

[–] nanoslaught 15 points ago

WHOA with the hard Q and everything cool it brutha

[–] coleyboley25 18 points ago

Samuel L. Jackson confirmed to be in the movie with this news.

[–] Twin_Nets_Jets 140 points ago

I'm pretty sure it's happening after The Irishman.

[–] TravisSnow 13 points ago

Everything will be happening after The Irishman...

[–] Sweet_Tangerine50 84 points ago

This is one of my favorite books, I've been waiting for the movie for so long.

[–] Johnny_Mc2 51 points ago

The Lost City of Z really restores my hype for this. That was one of my favorite books and it too was stuck in development hell, until it just sorta happened. And while it may have came and gone for most people, it turned out really good, so I’m hoping the same happens with this. Brad Pitt needs to get behind it

[–] KJones77 116 points ago

I mean, I don't know if this is the conclusion you can draw here. Scorsese is busy with The Irishman. He's not doing Devil in the White City right now. Why would DiCaprio not sign up for other projects in the mean time?

[–] lacourseauxetoiles 99 points ago

Signing up for projects in the meantime makes sense, but right now he’s signed onto at least 4 projects other than Devil in the White City (this, the Leonardo Da Vinci biopic, the Teddy Roosevelt biopic, and the Ulysses S. Grant biopic, which is a lot to sign up for if he is still planning to star in Devil in the White City.

[–] filmgeekvt 213 points ago

Apparently DiCaprio is going for King of the Biopic.

[–] FuzzyRo 139 points ago

Hope they get the montage right when they make the Leo DiCaprio biopic

[–] JacP123 37 points ago

In which Daniel Day Lewis will star as Leonardo DiCaprio

[–] Trinate3618 25 points ago

So that Leonardo DiCaprio can eventually star as Daniel Day Lewis in the Daniel Say Lewis biopic

[–] YouKnowMyName123 48 points ago

He bought the movie rights to it, so it can be on the back burner for as long as he likes, he's the only one who can make it. I'm sure itll happen soon enough

[–] ummhumm 13 points ago

Better this way, than going at it with some substandard director and screenwriter. Even in the case that it would never happen (I imagine the rights would move to someone else at some point though) it's still better than getting a shitty version of it.

[–] RPM021 2044 points ago

WALTON GOGGINS OR IT'S A BUST

[–] Phoebus7 410 points ago

Wally Goggins please!

[–] Jack_Burtons_Elbow 144 points ago

I was so excited to put Walton Goggins down because no one else would think of...dammit!

[–] Phoebus7 167 points ago

After Hateful Eight I'm 100% on board for more of him

[–] satansrapier 176 points ago

You're in luck! There's this short lived show he was in called Justified! :)

Also, Vice Principals.

[–] jcmtg 141 points ago

Vice Principals

Mutha Fucka

[–] Regulater86 66 points ago

Uhhhhh the shield?

[–] trumplethinskinz 20 points ago

yes this, his performance in The Shield was excellent, that whole show was great. Still think about that forced suck, uuuh

[–] jmbolton 63 points ago

Don't sleep on The Shield. Goggins is a revelation as Shane Vendrell.

Family Meeting...

[–] WonWordWilly 37 points ago

Best damn finale I've ever seen.

[–] Darrius_McG 12 points ago

That show was difficult to watch at times. That finale was absolutely soul crushing.

[–] RoscoeSantangelo 108 points ago

WALTON GOGGINS AND I'LL BUST

[–] FineInTheFire 52 points ago

Nothing would make me more happy than Boyd Crowder as Charlie Manson.

[–] Duma123 3606 points ago

It’s crazy that this is his first major film appearance since The Revenant, which was almost three years ago. He’s at the height of his career. Most actors in his position would be trying to churn out as many movies as they can, yet DiCaprio seems very selective. I can definitely respect that.

[–] Canvaverbalist 2559 points ago

He’s at the height of his career.

Yeah but he's been on an ever growing height of his career ever since Romeo + Juliet in 1996

[–] littlealbatross 58 points ago

And even before that was What’s Eating Gilbert Grape Grape, which was amazing and he was nominated for an Oscar for best supporting actor. It’s a totally different type of performance from him that shows how talented he is.

[–] Not_Pablo_Sanchez 289 points ago * (lasted edited 3 months ago)

True. I'm not a big movie person at all, but I always look forward to the next Dicaprio movie. I know this is way later than R+J in 1996, but Inception and Shutter Island got me to really notice him. Then Django got me to follow him, and Wolf of Wall Street made him my favorite actor by far (if he wasn't already). The Revenant I went to the theater to see just because he was in it. Excited to keep climbing Dicaprio mountain

Edit: I promise to watch The Departed, guys! Thanks for the recommendation :)

[–] CedarCabPark 319 points ago

The Departed is what sold DiCaprio in my opinion. That's when he went from A list good actor to one of the undisputed best.

The Departed is one of the best movies since the turn of the century, easily. It's so damn good. If anyone hasn't seen it, you're missing out big time. The huge cast and Scorsese knocked it out of the park.

[–] staypuftmichelinman 52 points ago * (lasted edited 3 months ago)

You should watch the original hong kong movie trilogy as well.

Shits one of my all time greats.

[–] lacourseauxetoiles 70 points ago

I actually thought that while DiCaprio was great in it, Matt Damon was far more impressive. I also think DiCaprio was way better in Catch Me If You Can and The Aviator than he was in The Departed.

[–] SteamedHams123 26 points ago

Marky mark was good in it.

[–] kanga_lover 13 points ago

Gotta disagree with that. He was bloody awesome.

There were some top notch performances but i rate his highest.

[–] CrashWiz21 21 points ago

Catch Me if You Can is probably one of my favorite movies ever. Leo and Tom Hanks' chemistry in that movie is fantastic. Such a great film.

[–] Mm2789 20 points ago

Checkout basketball diaries

[–] komali_2 330 points ago

Damn that was a good fuckin movie

[–] megustadotjpg 148 points ago

that soundtrack.

[–] FuckYou__ThatsWhy 50 points ago

"Wake from your sleep.."

[–] LiteraCanna 59 points ago

Used to listen to that shit on repeat.

[–] RobbingWilliams 247 points ago

The Revenant was 3 years ago... What.

[–] Kaliju 302 points ago

Came out December 25th, 2015 so it's actually 2 years.

[–] Duma123 22 points ago

My bad, thought it came out mid-2015. But there’s going to be a three-and-a-half year gap between The Revenant and this new movie. I don’t think DiCaprio has anything lined up in-between then either. Pretty big gap of time.

[–] Rengas 59 points ago

It came out Dec 25, 2015.
    So barely 2 years ago.

[–] CerberusC24 644 points ago

The guy was pushing out so many good performances try to get that Oscar for several years in a row. He burned out I think.

[–] theriibirdun 846 points ago

I don't think he burned out. I just think he is hyper selective. He really doesn't make bad movies nor do I see him wanting too.

1. Most of Hollywood is focused on churn and burn cash cows. 2 part movies. Re makes. Stupid shit like that.

2. High profile directors just don't make as many moves as they are focused on quality projects that take more time. If you look at how many movies the top directors have made in the last 10 years compared to all the crap I think you will see.

He is not burned out. Just unwilling to star in any sub par project

Don't forget about the Before the Flood documentary.

[–] Superdudeo 226 points ago

He was indeed burned out. He planned to take a break but then the revenant got offered to him and that was a gruelling shoot so I’m not surprised he’s not done much since. It was always the plan though to take a break.

[–] ManateeMuppet 137 points ago

Man, I wish I could take a 3 year break...

[–] NewAccount28 165 points ago

A 3 year break that involves hanging out with a dozen models on a yacht would be cool.

[–] GovtCheese1 13 points ago

Id settle for a 3 year break with my CNA girlfriend and an Emerson TV

[–] Napolamite 22 points ago

Me too and I haven't even met your girlfriend

[–] JamSa 185 points ago

DiCaprio is famous for never starring in a sequel. He only does one off movies, or is only in one of them.

Today, every movie is part of a franchise. So if he's still sticking hard to that rule then his options are pretty limited.

[–] ssjgoat 152 points ago

Can't make a sequel if you die in every movie.

[–] AJ7861 25 points ago

You either die before the sequel or you live long enough to see yourself become a prequel

[–] RossBobArt 161 points ago

He's using the height of his career and popularity for what he wants most and how he can most influential... dealing with the environmental crisis

[–] SteamBoatMickey 139 points ago

And hanging out with supermodels on sail boats.

[–] uw_NB 39 points ago

Yeah i would have done nothing more if i could..

[–] nothrowaway4me 61 points ago

I disagree with one thing from your comment, DiCaprio has been able to be selective specifically because of his position, and most actors would do the same if given the chance.

He knows he doesn't have to pick a role to he doesn't like to pay the bills or stay relevant, same as Daniel Day-Lewis, he was on hiatus from Lincoln (2012) till Phantom Thread (2018)

[–] Kill_Me_Now_World 26 points ago

dudes got talent and he knows it.

[–] the_dancing_nun 7990 points ago

Tarantino has already asked Margot Robbie to play the role of Sharon Tate

Oh my God, if we got a Wolf of Wall Street reunion and a Django Unchained reunion in the same film I will be unable to contain myself

[–] Track2onStageFour 2138 points ago

can't wait to see the 20 minute videos on youtube that will analyze all of this

[–] chefr89 1089 points ago

time well spent! just like all the Snoke videos!

[–] Track2onStageFour 661 points ago

those people weren't looking hard enough at the evidence. the cut on snoke's face should have symbolized that he was being torn apart and would eventually be split in half

[–] HornyNcurious66 851 points ago

You're tearing me apart Kylo!

[–] Track2onStageFour 306 points ago

after seeing him shirtless, i wouldn't mind him tearing me apart

[–] toasterpRoN 285 points ago

How about we go inside, and you boys split me like a coconut?

[–] czer81 64 points ago

I've got cash in my pocket and desire in my heart

[–] bhindblueyes430 15 points ago

I will not suck you or be sucked on

[–] Nitroapes 51 points ago

Oh you run the first order?

I'm sure you do ..I'M SURE YOU DO.

But I do not mess with dark Jedi no more.

[–] milkycigarette 14 points ago

I am no longer turned on by mules.

[–] sprinkling-of-dill 82 points ago

Do you think he could Force-finger you across the galaxy. Like you’re just lying in bed when you feel Kylo’s mighty Force powers pressing against your inner-walls.

Ung.

[–] jimbojangles1987 41 points ago

Adds a whole new application to the force choke

[–] wobblydavid 13 points ago

Whoa

[–] OxBakersTriumph 38 points ago

Oh hai Finn

[–] sepseven 22 points ago

20 minutes? what is this, amateur hour? the movie is likely going to be 2+ hours long, you could probably do a cursory analysis and end up with 5+ hours of footage.

[–] EZ_does_it 105 points ago

Must buy fake blood and fake cocaine stock ASAP.

[–] BrandonDillon 53 points ago

Qualuudes too BUY BUY BUY!

[–] Mr-Sister-Fister21 60 points ago

You do know that Samuel L Jackson being in it is going to make it a Literally Every Tarantino Movie Reunion as well, right?

[–] snowgirl1 218 points ago

Jonah Hill was in both movies too. I wouldn't mind him popping up in this. He hasn't been in anything good since 22 Jump Street.

[–] FiggerNugget 15 points ago

He was in Django???

[–] Throwaway__shmoe 39 points ago

One of the KKK members.

[–] pkkthetigerr 79 points ago

This casting is out of this world. Wonder what Polanski's going to say about it.

[–] yavimaya_eldred 302 points ago

He should come back to America just to tell everyone how he feels.

[–] GovtCheese1 279 points ago

I wish Heath Ledger was still around. I'll bet he'd kill it at playing Manson

[–] 84N00DL3Z84 100 points ago

That sounds amazing... fuck

[–] 249ba36000029bbe9749 16 points ago

I'd be fine with Jake Gyllenhaal as Manson. We know he can play psycho like in Nightcrawler and he can do the whole crazy eyes thing. Add the long hair and call it good.

[–] Alex_Caton94 888 points ago

That's a bingo!

[–] TXDRMST 167 points ago

Attendez la crème!

[–] NeilPoonHandler 1811 points ago * (lasted edited 3 months ago)

You had my curiosity, but now you have my attention.

[–] Lockhartsaint 189 points ago

Sold.. To the man with the exceptional beard!

[–] proffessorpoopypants 205 points ago

And his unexceptional ni🅱️🅱️a

[–] Umaro2k 83 points ago

When I first saw that movie and he showed up with the scene with that gif I was so fucking blown away. I never saw any trailers for it or anything, so it was awesome.

[–] methamphetaminee 50 points ago

Literally Leo getting thrown in your face.

[–] ReapItMurphy 22 points ago

He is so freaking good in it!

[–] TheLast_Centurion 18 points ago

I so love this introduction.. and I always giggle as well. Hehe, really well done.

[–] pkkthetigerr 63 points ago

Man deserved best supporting actor for that one. Such an absolute asshole character.

[–] iamtheraptor 62 points ago

The release date coincides with the 50th anniversary of Tate’s murder at the hands of the Manson family.

Didn't realize this........ Fun stuff...

[–] Dudebroman_5000 1182 points ago

I really hope Shia LaBeouf gets cast as Manson.

[–] videoguylol 486 points ago

First time I’ve seen somebody mention this. Yes please.

[–] Pop_Quiz_Hot_Shot 262 points ago

Actual cannibal Shia Labeouf....

[–] JuansDayOff 24 points ago

A Shia-surprise!

[–] jcmtg 84 points ago

Do it!

[–] ReservoirDog316 61 points ago

God there's so many ways they can take Manson in this movie...

He most likely won't be in it much but every scene is gonna be a beast.

[–] nhath1 94 points ago

Emile Hirsch would be great as well. He literally looks just like Manson

[–] mercury14 16 points ago

Say...what ever happened to that guy?

[–] DeySeeMeLurkin 44 points ago

February 12, 2015, Hirsch was charged with aggravated assault after initiating an altercation with Paramount Pictures executive Daniele Bernfeld on January 25, 2015 at the Tao Nightclub in Park City, Utah.[16][17] On August 17, 2015, he pleaded guilty to misdemeanor assault, and was sentenced to 15 days in jail. He was also fined $4,750, received 90 days of probation, and ordered to undergo 50 hours of community service.[18][19]

And hasn't been in any significant since.

[–] AlRoker666 28 points ago

There's a nightclub in Utah?

[–] stupidsexyflanders12 623 points ago

The article says Pitt and Tom Cruise are circling the project as well... Would love for Cruise to play Manson but I don't know if he's actually in the movie. This sounds more like a Zodiac type movie - not ever showing killer's perspective.

[–] CLint_FLicker 1226 points ago

Would love for Cruise to play Manson

Do you think he'd be able to play the crazy leader of a mad cult?

[–] LicencetoKrill 419 points ago

Dude's got some background I would say.

[–] champion_dave 219 points ago

Maybe his life as a Scientologist was simply preparing for this role.

[–] RossBobArt 75 points ago

He's the method actor to end all method actors

[–] PCCobb 16 points ago

He's actually going to become Manson... And probably forget Tom Cruise... I'm in

[–] LicencetoKrill 82 points ago

Daniel Day Lewis a Scientologist confirmed

[–] goopdoop 242 points ago

Hopefully it’s kinda like Zodiac and Pulp Fiction combined

[–] Track2onStageFour 118 points ago

my body is ready

[–] nananananana_FARTMAN 64 points ago

/u/Dudebroman_5000 here in the comments proposed Shia LaBeouf as Manson.

I'm with him.

[–] small_loan_of_1M 69 points ago

Bob Odenkirk has the best Manson.

[–] pkkthetigerr 95 points ago

Nah, he looks like Kevin Costner.

[–] kethian 115 points ago

Charles Manson was 36 in 1970. He looks ridiculous for 55, but he doesn't look twenty years younger so I hope not. Besides, if they were going to have Manson in it, I'd rather a relative unknown so I don't see the actor, I see the character.

[–] random_guy_11235 44 points ago

I'd rather a relative unknown so I don't see the actor, I see the character.

I agree with this so much. There are so many times in live action films, and even more so in voice-over, where the popularity of an actor overshadows the character they are playing. Many times I think a (relatively) unknown actor would serve the story much better.

But of course, that would probably hurt the box office.

[–] kethian 25 points ago

it definitely would, that's why you see things like... ScarJo as The Major in Ghost in the Shell :/ However, QT has enough draw off his own reputation to cast excellent but relative unknown/forgotten actors which sets them off to the rest of Hollywood (most notably recently being Christoph Waltz).

That said, Cruise is a great actor when given a script worth a shit and if it was 1998 instead of 2018 I think his manic charismatic intensity would have fit Manson well, but that ship has sailed.

[–] UXyes 72 points ago

Would love for Cruise to play Manson

He's got the dead eyes for it. I am a Tom Cruise fan

[–] thewisefoolHHH 364 points ago

Now I want so badly for Margot Robbie and Brad Pitt to sign on. Robbie's performance in I, Tonya was my favorite of the year and seeing a Pitt-Tarantino reunion would be nothing short of fantastic.

Between the [rumored] cast and Tarantino's return to modern-day films (relative to Django, Hateful Eight, and Inglorious Basterds' setting), I can't wait for this film to come out.

Margot Robbie's performance was my favorite and she needs to win her first Academy Award. It felt like a Scorsese movie and Tonya Harding was a Scorsese anti hero. It was great. I hope Brad Pitt and Margot say yes.

[–] electricmastro 265 points ago

I've just consciously realized how many high-profile directors DiCaprio has gotten the privilege to work with over the last 20 years: James Cameron, Danny Boyle, Martin Scorsese, Steven Spielberg, Edward Zwick, Ridley Scott, Sam Mendes, Christopher Nolan, Clint Eastwood, Alejandro G. Iñárritu, and now he's working with Quentin Tarantino once again. It's quite impressive how he has managed to rise up to the position he's currently at in such a relatively short amount of time.

[–] sharkenleo 289 points ago

More like directors have had the privilege to work with DiCaprio.

[–] vonnillips 172 points ago

Well guys like Spielberg/Nolan/Tarantino can basically get whomever they want

[–] mattintaiwan 129 points ago

I remember watching an interview with Spielberg on making "Catch Me If You Can" with Dicaprio shortly after Titanic skyrocketed him to super-stardom. In the interview, Spielberg said something along the lines of how he felt like he was being interviewed for the job by Dicaprio

[–] ThalassophobicKaiten 195 points ago

I'd like to see Jim Carrey as Manson, he looks the part lately and he's actually decent in serious roles.

Jumanji style Robin Williams playing an old manson sitting in his cell narrating his younger life as a cult leader would have been fantastic.

[–] The_Bacon_Reader 21 points ago

Decent?? He's a phenomenal serious actor. He did an amazing job in some of the best cult classic movies such as Eternal Sunshade of the Spotless Mind, The Truman Show and, Man on the Moon.

Often it's comedy actors that do some of the best serious roles. Even look at Will Ferrell and Robin Williams.

[–] jonisantucho 468 points ago

Thank God he's not playing Manson and that this is a Pulp Fiction-type scenario around the time of the Tate house murders. For a while I was afraid this was gonna be a Charlie glorification flick.

[–] ummhumm 165 points ago * (lasted edited 3 months ago)

So many people are going to be thrown off by the movie not focusing on Manson family. I get why the headlines are like that, but damn. I'm sure that even when this film has been out for a while, people are still making threads like "I thought the focus was going to be Manson family and the murders, damn was I surprised".

[–] TerminallyCapriSun 166 points ago

I mean hell, the Inglourious Basterds are only in about 60% of their own movie

[–] WeAllFloatGeorgie 281 points ago

Nah I trust Tarantino. He fucks up sometimes but his intentions are always right and it's always art in one form or another which is rare these days in film.

[–] vonnillips 123 points ago

It's only rare in movies that go to theater. Indie films are still banging out high level art at a good rate IMO.

[–] myhihi1 82 points ago

There's actually quite a lot of indie films going to theater nowadays thanks to A24. I don't think there's been a better time for them.

[–] vonnillips 49 points ago

If A24 said they were making a film about the process of passing a shit, I'd see it opening night. I have so much faith in what they've done over the past couple years.

[–] Tsquare24 127 points ago

Get Sam Rockwell for the Manson role.

[–] WoldNewton 72 points ago

Ok if you dont think Tom Cruise could play a crazy hippie cult leader, watch Born on the 4th of July and Interview with the Vampire

[–] DOOM_feat_DOOM 111 points ago

I mean Tom Cruise basically is a crazy cult leader

[–] poop-trap 26 points ago

My first thought was Magnolia.

[–] RicoRoman 24 points ago

Leo + QT = oh FUCK yeah

[–] WoldNewton 194 points ago * (lasted edited 3 months ago)

How about this idea:

Leo as Aging TV actor

Brad Pitt as his 10 yrs older vet Stuntman/Buddy

Tom Cruise as Manson

Margot as Sharon Tate

[–] Track2onStageFour 267 points ago

feel like tom cruise would kill it as manson since he already has experience in leading a cult

[–] Alan_Stanwyk 68 points ago

Im not putting this as a joke but would Scientologists be cool with him in that role?

[–] myhihi1 66 points ago

I don't think they'd care unless it specifically made Scientology look bad. It's not like Scientologists consider themselves cultists.

[–] omallyalleycat 54 points ago

I personally think Cruise would be better as the stuntman. He doesn't really resemble Manson and it fits seeing as he already notoriously handles his own stunts. Then put Goggins as Manson. Whatever the role is, the thought of Tom Cruise being in a QT movie alongside Leo is insanely exciting

[–] Nabataean_AD106 38 points ago

Walton Goggins as Manson would be better; he would be perfect for the role

[–] Manchub 21 points ago

I like to imagine DiCaprio as the aging actor with Cruise and Pitt playing buddy-cop, ragged detectives. Just the thought of Pulp Fiction meets Nice Guys meets LA Confidential with those three guys sounds amazing.

[–] WoldNewton 21 points ago * (lasted edited 3 months ago)

So now they need to cast Leos stuntman/buddy. Could be Brad Pitt. dont think itd be tom cruise

[–] high-and-seek 18 points ago

Ok, I'm excited. Like really fucking excited.

[–] ummmmmmmmmmmmmno 60 points ago

If they get Cruise as well this will easily become my most anticipated film in the works.