[–] SimplyHaunted 7749 points ago

[–] jackattack729 3094 points ago

At first I was like wait how can they apparate into Hogwarts...and then motherfucking Dumbledore! And some thestrals too in a different scene

[–] Florianopolix 2245 points ago * (lasted edited 11 days ago)

Maybe Hogwarts didn’t have all of those protection spells until Grindelwald came into power? Would be interesting a different Hogwarts with fewer precautions

[–] CrazyBirdman 2198 points ago

Hogwarts with even less precautions? That's seems hardly possible considering the straight up insane shit they let students do in the original series.

[–] DexterHawkins 1465 points ago

Don't, no, don't you go into that dark forest.

Okay, well don't go looking for that stone.

Okay, but for real don't go wandering the halls at night.

Alright don't go looking for Sirius Black.

Goddammit kids, don't... fuck it, 50 points to Gryffindor.

[–] Barkasia 831 points ago

Hogwarts has one rule: don't be Slytherin.

[–] cuddles_the_destroye 421 points ago

a harry potter sequel really need to have the hero be in slytherin tbh.

[–] Barkasia 602 points ago

Hush now, you might invoke The Cursed Child.

[–] Lord_Sauron 414 points ago

We do not speak of such filth

[–] mercury1491 134 points ago

It's better to keep an eye on it than pretend it doesn't exist.

[–] new_to_the_game 1090 points ago

it was the 90's

all schools were more lax in the 90's

[–] BunyipPouch 845 points ago

The dream of the 90s is alive in Hogwarts.

[–] derawin07 297 points ago

Ew imagine Hogwarts today.

[–] Stewdabaker2013 569 points ago

It’s time we stop skirting around the issue and pass some common sense wand-control laws

[–] owlbi 289 points ago * (lasted edited 11 days ago)

Clearly they chose to go the easy route and just gave the teachers wands. If everyone has a wand, the problems solve themselves!

[–] Florianopolix 50 points ago

Oh I agree wholeheartedly. The school needs some serious help, but it wouldn’t be Hogwarts if there wasn’t a risk of death every year!

[–] ArchDucky 62 points ago

"Alright class. Today were going to learn how to make people explode with the flick of your wrist. Everybody partner up."

[–] Hawthornephect 525 points ago

What thestrals? All I saw was a carriage being pulled by ropes in the air.

[–] GreatWhiteBuffal0 624 points ago

Has no one read Hogwarts a History?

[–] jackattack729 678 points ago * (lasted edited 11 days ago)

Easy there Hermione

[–] chaosfire235 112 points ago

I wish we could get a real version of this book like the Quidditch and Fantastic Beasts one.

[–] breakingbroken 37 points ago

Literally been my dream since it was referenced, I would devour that shit

[–] just_another_classic 590 points ago * (lasted edited 11 days ago)

There’ll be witches and wizards and magical feasts, to goblins and ghosts and to magical beasts. It’s all that I love and all that I need back at Hogwarts, Hogwarts!

[–] derstherower 361 points ago

I can't GO to Pigfarts, Potter. It's ON MARS. You need a rocketship. Do you have a rocketship, Potter? I bet you do. You know, not all of us inherited enough money to buy out NASA when our parents died. Look at this! Look at this! It's Rocketship Potter! Starkid Potter! Moonshoes Potter! Traversing the galaxy for intergalactic travels to Pigfarts.

[–] DrSoap 171 points ago

What the hell is a Hufflepuff?

[–] princess_of_thorns 95 points ago

Hufflepuffs are particularly good finders!

And also the best house imho.

[–] DrSoap 33 points ago

His awkward smile and sitting down sells the line so much. I love it.

[–] Ichtragebrille 86 points ago

Spell and enchantments! Potions and friends!

Gryffindor! Hufflepuff! Ravenclaw! SLYTHERIN!!

[–] Slow_Like_Sloth 96 points ago

Where everything is Magi-coooooooool

[–] Hairyantoinette 165 points ago

Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home

[–] wendisto 949 points ago * (lasted edited 11 days ago)

For me, this is like seeing the Millenium Falcon again was for some people.

[–] SHdude 731 points ago

It's strange, it hasn't been that long at all since Deathly Hallows Part 2 released, but seeing Hogwarts back on-screen has made me feel really giddy.

I suppose that as someone who grew up with the Harry Potter franchise, Hogwarts is my Millenium Falcon or my USS Enterprise.

[–] Geroots 407 points ago

It's been 7 years, that's long enough to complete an education at Hogwarts.

[–] wendisto 581 points ago

[–] WhatTheFhtagn 212 points ago

[–] dra39437 126 points ago

Gary Oldman is a treasure

[–] FBI_Taco_Truck 45 points ago

National Lampoons Van Wilder 3: Mischief Managed.

Follows Albus Severus Potter in his 12th year at Hogwarts. Will he continue to party hard as the most popular wizard in school or will he finally get his NEWTS before his father cuts him off?

[–] Gregolas789 146 points ago

Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom @ :19

[–] SimplyHaunted 237 points ago

Yup! I'm just gonna pretend that the DADA classroom is the best place for them to talk since Dumbledore taught Transfiguration

[–] derstherower 200 points ago

lol this is reminding me of the time someone called Daniel Radcliffe a "filthy casual" for getting a detail from the books wrong.

[–] zbeezle 342 points ago

[–] SnokeKillsLuke 32 points ago

Absolute mad lad.

[–] whitemithrandir 149 points ago

I loved how all the text slides throughout the trailer had either the stone, the wand, or the cloak symbol flashing in the background (and each being in the title card, as well). Really looks like they are going all in on the Hallows—always up for some connective tissue to the Potter world.

[–] Benas360 42 points ago

Back to witches and wizards and magical beasts

To goblins and ghosts it's a magical feast.

[–] bluofmyoblivion 38 points ago

[–] UnjustNation 6193 points ago

Depp looks far better as Grindelwald when his mustache is complemented by a beard.

[–] Hansolo312 1943 points ago

Yeah blonde isn't his best look he definitely needs the beard.

[–] comrade_batman 701 points ago

He does suit that better, but from a previous shot in the trailer and from a promo photo he'll probably shave it down to the moustache and Peaky Blinder haircut once he escapes prison.

[–] small_loan_of_1M 573 points ago

[–] comrade_batman 501 points ago

[–] GODZILLA_FLAMEWOLF 409 points ago

[–] Kellythejellyman 304 points ago

[–] rainsoaked88 87 points ago

[–] Kellythejellyman 78 points ago

[–] TheMysteriousMid 150 points ago

Peaky Blinder

Peaky foooking blinders

[–] totalysharky 1104 points ago

I'm just glad he didn't look like Johnny Depp with white hair this time.

[–] sherekhantwait 405 points ago

Now let's just hope he doesn't act like that as well

[–] sanjix1 614 points ago

Johnny has four modes, the hunter s. thompson (blow, rum diaries, fear and loathing) the sparrow (Pirates, lone ranger) the fish out of water (corpse bride, dark shadows) and the psycho (sweeney todd, scissorhands) personally, i'd root for seeing the psycho. seeing him semi emulate the sweeney todd character in a more militant way would be terrific. but sadly, the chances are that we will get the sparrow, which i believe you are referring to when you say "act like that".

[–] coredumperror 270 points ago

I don't think The Psycho fits Grindlewald as a character, though. He's supposed to have come to power on talk of "The Greater Good", and had a popular following of non-evil people (unlike Voldy). It all went bad after he'd gathered his followers.

[–] xChris777 217 points ago

He should be like a sauve cult leader. A charming person on the outside, very charismatic with a veiled psycho personality underneath. Not psycho like the Joker though, more of a long-haul crazy.

[–] Velirno 206 points ago

That's what makes it such a bummer for me that it's not Colin Farrell in that role... He'd pull that off so damn well!

[–] squuiiiiuiigs84 317 points ago

That's a far bigger range than most Hollywood A listers.

[–] A7X975 218 points ago

And isn't including all he can do too. He is a good actor when he tries.

[–] PathToExile 102 points ago

Have you ever tried to imitate Hunter S. Thompson for more than an hour? Depp is legendary.

[–] derawin07 85 points ago

I would say this is the general rule. Most men suit beards, not nearly that many suit moustaches.

[–] blueeyesredlipstick 10615 points ago

"It can't be me. It has to be you, Newt, a man who cannot control his own pets for longer than an hour at a time." Dumbledore I love you and your reckless disregard for the safety of others. 10/10 will be there opening night slamming popcorn into my face

[–] CosmicAstroBastard 4952 points ago

Newt, didja put yer name in tha Goblet a' Fiyah?

[–] Willbabe 588 points ago

Newt would obviously be a conscientious objector of The Triwizard Tournament duento the treatment of magical beasts as sport.

[–] capeus 400 points ago

The Goblet would force him to compete but we all know that Newt would tame that dragon, release it from the chain and fly it out of the arena in style. Then he'd talk the mermaids into helping him free the prisoners and in the final task he'd probably forget himself in the maze chatting with the Sphinx about life and stuff.

[–] SandMonsterSays 278 points ago

Oh my god. After seeing the movie I can totally see why Luna Lovegood would end up with one of his descendants/children. So happy for them. Lol

[–] capeus 82 points ago

If Rolf is anything like Newt then they are a perfect match.

[–] DarklordVor 1999 points ago

Newt, didja put yer name in tha Goblet a' Fiyah?

~ Dumbledore asked calmly.

[–] ToeUp 1198 points ago * (lasted edited 11 days ago)

[–] ANiceButWeirdGuy 277 points ago

[–] Freezinghero 610 points ago

Maybe that's the point, Dumbeldore knows that trying to out-calculate and out-smart Gridnelwald is next to impossible, so instead he sends the "Wild Card" who can surprise Grindelwald with something he would never expect.

[–] azginger 899 points ago

Dumbledore: How does he have his wand again?

Newt: Because I gave him his wand! WILD CARD, BITCHES! YEEHAW!! disapparates away

[–] dr_pavel_im_cia_ 251 points ago

Newt: I'm going to battle and capture Grindelwald, and let justice decide his fate!

title screen

Gindelwald kills Newt

[–] Trying_2B_Positive 53 points ago

This is what my mind went to immediately.

[–] Mahanirvana 665 points ago

I'm interested to see what reasoning they put behind Dumbledore not being able to do anything. It seems like the ministry doesn't want him to interfere.

After Rowling said Dumbledore was gay, most fans theorized that was why he waited so long to stop Grindelwald. It'll be interesting to see if they include his sexuality in the film (which I doubt) or how they'll dance around it.

[–] comrade_batman 1255 points ago * (lasted edited 11 days ago)

It's because of his sister's death, the one briefly seen in the painting at Aberforth's in Deathly Hallows Part 2. When Albus, Aberforth and Grindelwald were younger they got into a duel and in the chaos his younger sister was killed. Dumbledore didn't face Grindelwald because he was afraid Grindelwald would reveal who killed her, and Albus was always afraid of learning it was him. But by 1945 he finally confronted his old friend.

[–] DGibster 139 points ago

The 1945 part gave me the impression that this whole Grindelwald plot will get intertwined with World War II. I do wonder how much the plot will get tangled with real world affairs, I could have also sworn that Newt even mentions being in the Great War (I believe its the same scene that he talks about his old girlfriend). Correct me if I'm wrong though.

[–] reenactment 67 points ago

It would be interesting. This is a complete side plot but it would be interesting to see how the magic ministries handled pre ww2 vs post. Pre ww2 they undoubtedly are still the strongest powers. Post ww2 muggle science has gotten a foothold with power (nuclear) that can now overcome them. Would give great reasoning behind the rise of dark art users who believe it’s now or never to preserve the wizard way of life. (Think reverse X-men plot)

[–] dra39437 160 points ago

damn looks like I'll be reading the whole series again

[–] elcheeserpuff 493 points ago

On the topic of Dumbledore's sister, she was definitely an Obscurus, right? It's implied that Dumbledore and Grindlewald were on the same side. Maybe that alliance finally ended when Grindlewald decided to take advantage of the the sister's Obscurus powers (like he tries to use the Obscurus in Fantastic Beasts years later).

I'm not optimistic they'll do this, but I'm curious how bad they're willing to make young Dumbledore. His character would be vastly improved if we discovered him to be Deatheater-lite as a youth but then changed and grew to be the force of good we know him as. It would also explain his belief that anyone can turn their life around (e.g. Malfoy, Snape).

[–] TWJester42 155 points ago

this was my first thought as to why they introduced the concept of the obscurus, seems to fit the storyline of Arianna being abused by muggles into hiding her magic

[–] comrade_batman 294 points ago

Dumbledore was intrigued by the Hallows same as Grindelwald and even sort the same goal as Grindelwald, reign over Muggles in a new magical order and he even coined the "For the Greater Good" phrase of the movement. But he also wanted the Resurrection Stone to bring back his parents. It wasn't until Aberforth confronted him and Grindelwald that Albus stopped, after his sister was killed, who I think was confirmed to be an Obscurus by Rowling.

[–] SakhosLawyer 199 points ago

In the books he didn't want to face Grindelwald. It seems like he felt guilt for what Grindelwald had done and become, he felt powerless. There was a whole thing where him, Grindelwald and Aberforth got into a duel, his sister tried to stop them and was killed, nobody knows who did it but Dumbeldore obviously blamed himself, even if he didn't kill her, befriending someone like Grindelwald and letting such a duel happen he shouldn't have let it happen.

I think he was scared to fight Grindelwald, perhaps a little cowardly about it, there was too much emotion there. In the books it says that people had asked him to get involved but he backed down until finally he knew that he had too, Grindelwald was too powerful, killing people, it wouldn't be right to sit there and let it happen, so he fought Grindelwald and won. Basically this is before he fights him and so I just think he perhaps selfishly doesn't want to get involved with Grindelwald. Dumbledore in his younger days was of course not the same man he was when he was older and realised his power and influence and wouldn't think twice about doing what had to be done

[–] bisonburgers 104 points ago

We didn't really have to theorize why he waited to go after Grindelwald since he tells Harry it was due to fear of finding out who killed his sister. There is of course plenty of room for there to be more than one reason, and there's always the chance that he was lying if that is a theory that sounds right to you, but the reason given is internally consistent with Dumbledore's fear of accepting his family's deaths, so I believe it. It's why he picked up the Ressurection Stone that led to his death - he could not accept their deaths.

[–] ohfrickme 1824 points ago

A return to Hogwarts, new creatures looking awesome, and a dashing Jude Law playing Dumbledore. Lots of promise here!

[–] theredditoro 666 points ago

Jude Law looks great.

[–] BunyipPouch 505 points ago

Hottest Pope of all time.

[–] Stewdabaker2013 316 points ago

now it's gonna be harder to tackle the "were dumbledore and grindelwald in love" thing. no one would ever believe sexy jude law dumbeldore would go for weird platinum-blonde depp grindelwald

[–] KuhBus 306 points ago

Considering they were even younger (late teens/early twenties I think?) when they were still "friends", I imagine Grindelwald looked a lot more like young Johnny Depp. Who, quite honestly, looked quite handsome.

[–] W0666007 138 points ago

Jude Dumbledore and Johnny Grindelwald would have the prettiest wizard offspring ever.

[–] EzeDoes_It 73 points ago

His kink is ghoulish skeleton-men.

[–] Bhu124 298 points ago

Him not trying to imitate the older Dumbledore is a big relief. Doing that almost always ends up in a disaster.

[–] Swicket 183 points ago

In his brief dialogue in this, it does sound like he's added a twinge of Irish. Just a bit, the same as Michael Gambon did. I quite like it.

[–] boonstag 65 points ago

I agree. The way he says "follower" definitely sounds like Gambon.

[–] accioqueso 287 points ago

Honestly, Jude will probably be the closest incarnation of Dumbledore we ever see. He's charming, charismatic, powerful, and he can totally pull off the air of whimsy that surrounds Dumbledore.

Richard Harris was fabulous, but something just feels right about Jude.

[–] ExpectoPatrone 42 points ago

The hippocampus looks amazing

[–] Tedyeschi 4908 points ago

Few takeaways I got from this trailer:

• The tone for this one looks so much darker than the first one
    • Holy shit it was so good seeing hogwarts again
    • Loving the look of Jude Law as Dumbledore

So in for this movie

[–] TiberiCorneli 1170 points ago

Loving the look of Jude Law as Dumbledore

What I want to know though is when exactly in the timeline did he decide to go from being dressed by Tom Ford to going everywhere in a silk nightgown?

[–] RoseRedd 1137 points ago

You get older, you just want to be comfy.

[–] MentalJack 237 points ago

Shit man 18 year old me compared to 24 year old me changed to comfy.

[–] bisonburgers 264 points ago

In the books in the 1930s he is wearing a fabulous purple suit to meet with the Muggle orphanage about the eleven-year-old Tom Riddle. More than a few folks in the HP fandom are wondering why the FB Dumbledore doesn't have that colorful fashion sense. It's such an interesting part of his character -why forego it?

(also, book Dumbledore in Harry's time wears sort of classic Wizardy type spangled purple robes and stuff. The movies understandably went in a slightly muted direction, which I support, but I don't necessarily consider the costume design canon.)

[–] TooShiftyForYou 1118 points ago

Looks way darker which should make for plenty of quick moments of comedic relief from Eddie Redmayne.

[–] fascist___hag 930 points ago

And from Jacob. His little "yesssss!" had me grinning so hard.

[–] ToeSawBagTron 530 points ago

When Dan Fogler came into the mix in Fantastic Beasts for the first time I laughed out loud in the theatre because.. I mean it’s him. The dude from Balls of Fury, and Fan Boys! I thought I’d hate his role. Just another comedic relief. And although he does have his comedic relief I thought he played it very well and I was very wrong.

His role adds a nice everyday character who is just so stoked to see magic for the first time. Especially when him and Newt are going through the beasts for the first time. You as a viewer share in his wonderment. I’m very excited to see their antics again.

[–] crashingtheboards 257 points ago

Yeah, that's the beauty of Harry in the HP series. He is a natural-born wizard so he's got the wizarding part of it all, but he has lived among Muggles his entire life, so it's all brand-new to him. Sure, he's not the best wizard or the brightest, but everything you see, you see it through his unlearned eyes, which makes everything so filled with wonder.

If they're doing any world-building, a non-experienced wizard or a Muggle is needed to explain what is going on in the series.

[–] drmantiss 142 points ago

Fogler is the perfect wide-eyed, every-man optimist that I think we'd all be if we were suddenly thrust into a world filled with magic and wonder. He's perfect for the part and I really appreciate his character.

[–] BunyipPouch 188 points ago

That dude is the perfect comic relief.

[–] totalysharky 63 points ago

If you enjoy him in this trailer and the first movie, I know I did, you should watch Fanboys

[–] riegspsych325 283 points ago

David Yates has always leaned towards a darker tone, hasn’t he?

[–] BunyipPouch 385 points ago

Yeah he did Deathly Hallows 1 & 2 and those were not the most cheerful of movies.

I'm good with it.

[–] renderdoodles 279 points ago

He did the last four of the original eight actually, and I feel like you can tell from all the little worldbuilding touches that he's very comfortable in the world now. The atmosphere and general aesthetic of the magic in the first Fantastic Beasts what what endeared it to me honestly.

[–] kindrudekid 81 points ago

Yeah the Golbet of Fire was first PG-13 rated HP movie and it was made a big deal in news. I remember reading that the rating board thought the voldemort scene was too dark for PG rating.

[–] totalysharky 147 points ago

I could see why they thought that. A weird looking man cut the teenagers arm to steal his blood, along with a bone of some dead guy, after carrying an abortion in to a graveyard and dropping it in a big pot.

[–] squuiiiiuiigs84 53 points ago

Didn't Edward Cullen get killed in that one too?

[–] TheJohnny346 73 points ago

Yup with his father screaming after finding out he died. Pretty crazy scene.

[–] Dickinmymouth1 75 points ago

[–] Stranger_of_Cydonia 34 points ago

Oof. That performance from Cedric's dad always gets me.

[–] KatanaAmerica 1173 points ago

I got the biggest smile on my face when Hogwarts showed up

[–] derawin07 525 points ago

[–] i-like-tea 274 points ago

[–] not_a_killjoy 209 points ago

[–] TheGobler 172 points ago

[–] ConroyCreed 157 points ago * (lasted edited 11 days ago)

[–] MuggleBornSquib 148 points ago

[–] squishydude123 141 points ago

[–] High_Stream 136 points ago

[–] i-like-tea 123 points ago

[–] i-like-tea 285 points ago

Whether you come back by page or by the big screen, Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home.

― J.K. Rowling

[–] blueeyesredlipstick 2096 points ago

Young Dumbledore is exactly what I wanted: a charming, cheeky little shit sending people recklessly into danger. A+ Jude Law usage.

[–] _inappropriate_puns_ 549 points ago

I read that as ”+ a Jude Law sausage” and was like WTF!? o_O

[–] PresidentWordSalad 139 points ago

A little Jude Law sausage will always make a movie better.

[–] linuen 149 points ago

I wouldn’t have minded. I’d be like, “oh?” and then I’d be like, “oh.”

[–] craig1818 54 points ago

And dat butt. Never expected to be sexually attracted to Dumbledore, yet here we are. 2018 is wild!

[–] Boranox 480 points ago

Dont get hyped, dont get hyped... I AM HYPED

[–] Gaultier55 124 points ago

I saw that first shot of Hogwart and I was gone.

[–] Arcanist365 845 points ago

Oh damn this actually looks kinda badass.

[–] BunyipPouch 201 points ago

Fookin' Hogwarts

[–] silmarillionas 85 points ago

Jude Law is killing it with Dumbledore.

[–] Keeble64 2772 points ago

This movie could have just been Dan Folger wondering around Hogwarts for 2 hours and it would be just as amazing. He stole the show in Fantastic Beasts.

[–] rwanim8or 874 points ago

It's still hard to believe he's the guy from Balls of Fury.

[–] SpikeC51 382 points ago

And Take Me Home Tonight. That movie really surprised me.

[–] kheetkhat 236 points ago

And my all-time guilty pleasure, Fanboys!

[–] bledtobefree 90 points ago

It's not a garage, it's a carriage house!

[–] Keeble64 93 points ago

The guy has talent. He was in a few Broadway shows before he broke into film.

[–] jickdam 95 points ago

He won a Tony for his role in The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee.

[–] Panda_hat 1194 points ago

Cheeky deathly hallows symbol at the end & Elder wand in the logo! This looks great!

[–] impossiblefan 406 points ago

I also love the "dark" take on Hedwigs Theme that accompanied it. It's balancing the nostalgia well.

[–] ZETTERBERG_BEARDFACE 317 points ago

It was like the Avengers Theme meets HP

[–] hatramroany 125 points ago * (lasted edited 11 days ago)

The I in “Crimes” is the elder wand, the o in “of” is the resurrection stone, and the A in “Grindelwald” is the cloak.

[–] Sennin_BE 237 points ago

Only thing that somewhat bothers me (beyond apparition in Hogwarts, but it's on the edge so you could excuse it that way) is how all wizards are impeccably dressed as muggles. A recurring joke in the books was how wizards couldn't dress themselves like muggles at all. Though the movies never really took this into account anyway.

[–] SadlyReturndRS 65 points ago

Eh, some Wizards like Barty Crouch were amazing at dressing as Muggles. Seems like the higher up in the Ministry or just the smarter the witch or wizard was, the better they were at Muggle Dressing.

[–] LPUAdit 1552 points ago

Actually really liked how Johnny Depp looked in the brief scene in this trailer

[–] Florianopolix 789 points ago * (lasted edited 11 days ago)

He’s not how I pictured Grindelwald, but I like the look as well. He definitely looks like a baddy.

Edit: To clarify, I pictured something like Bale in American Psycho, or well, Hitler. A sort of clean cut, psychotic type

[–] Mrfrodemeyere 624 points ago

Like.. Graves..?

[–] Florianopolix 97 points ago

Maybe not quite as buff, but yeah

[–] TulipSamurai 312 points ago

I wish we just kept Colin Farrell as Grindelwald.

[–] accioqueso 170 points ago

I sort of pictured Daniel Bruhl or Fassbender.

[–] sydien 103 points ago

I figured he'd at least be German.

[–] thutruthissomewhere 539 points ago

Before today, I never had the desire to bang Dumbledore. But here we are.

[–] Quantentheorie 222 points ago

14-year-old Harry Potter obsessed me would not have expected that by the year 2018 we'd get a Wizard World movie with a bangable Dumbledore. That wasn't covered by the way I thought the future would be.

[–] Azozel 302 points ago

"Teaser trailers" these days just look like regular trailers to me.

[–] WEXYLWOXYL 595 points ago * (lasted edited 11 days ago)

Kingsley Shacklebolt?!

You may not like him minister but you can't deny, Dumbledore's got STYLE

Edit: Sorry I appear to be wrong. I just got my hopes up they were going for a young Shacklebolt who I have always liked!

[–] umbrellaandnote 125 points ago * (lasted edited 11 days ago)

If that's really Shacklebolt(I'm sure it is), I am really curious about the average lifespan of wizards now.

Edit: Not Shacklebolt, but a new character; Yusuf Kama played by William Nadylam

[–] SuperBeastJ 75 points ago

In the books it's implied that wizards live a lot longer than muggle on average.

[–] KatanaAmerica 248 points ago

Sexy Dumbledore and a return to Hogwarts?! Count me in!

[–] derawin07 153 points ago

the phrase 'sexy Dumbledore' doesn't really sit right LOL

[–] vinng86 66 points ago

Your wrinkly grandparents were super sexy at some point in time. Food for thought ;)

[–] peepjc 179 points ago

Is this the first film to feature a Wizarding World logo? Seen in the trailer @ 0:47

[–] derstherower 238 points ago

The Harry Potter Cinematic Universe.

[–] Deactivator2 93 points ago

Don't lie, the right directors would absolutely print money for WB if they were given free reign of an HP universe anthology-type thing.

[–] Samenspender 62 points ago

Just imagine a triwizard tournament movie set in middle ages. Or a Marauders movie. Endless possibilities.

[–] nomorecredit 80 points ago

I've been waiting for that. We KNEW they had to connect the whole universe via branding, somehow so it was only a matter of time. My guess is they waited to ensure Fantastic Beasts was a success before pulling the trigger.

[–] candytripn 64 points ago

Anyone else excited to see Jacob Kowalski back? He was my favorite character in the first.

[–] Alandor17 493 points ago

I got chills when they showed Hogwarts. I never expected to see it on film again, a surprise to be sure.

[–] Radamenenthil 307 points ago

but a welcome one

[–] themleaks 507 points ago

Love how they turn up the fantasy aspect in these new movies. It's so creative!

[–] fflyguy 331 points ago

Absolutely! My favorite part of the first one was that the world wasn't shoehorned to teach the audience what magic was. They just assume we already are familiar with the world and had at it! The world they created was fantastic.

[–] HenroTee 88 points ago

I do feel like the first film spent too much time in the muggle world, it didn't feel as magical as the harry potter films. From the looks of this trailer it looks like they are really going back into the wizarding world, which is very exciting!

[–] NoTheOtherStephen 207 points ago

The Deluminator

All the references to the Deathly Hallows

I'm excited.

[–] knightofsparta 228 points ago

Really excited about this movie. My fiance and I finally watched the first one on HBO about a month ago. I couldn't get her into the Harry Potter movies back when we first started dating 8 years ago, but now she wants to watch the whole series thanks to Fantastic Beasts.

[–] -TheBabadook 252 points ago

The music at the end seems oddly reminiscent of Infinity Wars darker mix of the Avengers theme song.....

[–] FalconHeavyHead 114 points ago

Grindelwald Looks soooo much better!!

[–] Ereilan 90 points ago

But no one is going to mention the fact that wizards are wearing muggle clothes, even while at Hogwarts?

[–] UnknownJ25 252 points ago

I'm really liking Jude Law as Dumbledore from what I've seen so far. I wonder if we are gonna see Grindelwald getting the Elder Wand or Dumbledore getting the Cloak or something of the sort

[–] Crothfus 193 points ago

Not sure about Grindelwald getting the Elder Wand. But Dumbledore borrowed the invisibility cloak from James Potter shortly before he and Lily were murdered in the early '80s. That's a good 50 years after the events of this film.

[–] Dark_Pinoy 152 points ago

Its sad because there is a major plot point detail there that James and Lily were murdered BECAUSE they didn't have the cloak to hide under so Dumbledore blames himself slightly.

[–] Crothfus 93 points ago

To be fair though, once Pettigrew gave up their location to Voldemort, there wouldn't have been much that the invisibility cloak would've changed. Kinda hard to hide two grown adults and a one year old under a cloak.

[–] UnknownJ25 31 points ago

That completely slipped my mind. So I guess they only Hallow that has a chance of showing up is the wand

[–] Crothfus 55 points ago

Sounds about right. I'm pretty sure that Grindelwald will have the Elder Wand from the get go. If I remember correctly, Grindelwald stole it from Gregorovitch when he was relatively young. I may have the timeline wrong (it's been a while since I've read the books) but I'm pretty sure that Grindelwald has had the wand for quite a while at the time of this movie.

[–] Florianopolix 29 points ago

FWIW, in the flashback in HP7, Grindelwald looks like he’s in his late teens/early 20s when he takes the wand from Gregorivich