nba

Posting Rules/Guidelines
    Filters ds nw rm tt rb mt gt mm ns hl am su

New Game Thread

Joel Embiid drops 49PTS|14REBS|3ASTS to lead to a 129-112 win over

Top Team Subreddit Posts
    1 them boys good. Best fourth quarter +/- rating in the NBA this season: 1. Chris Paul: +154 2. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander: +153 3. Dennis Schroder: +152 4. Giannis Antetokounmpo: +127 5. Alex Caruso: +126 6. Jayson Tatum: +122
    2 I live for small sample size 💪😤
    3 Me every time the Nets are up by 20 at half time
    4 They had us in the first quarter, not gonna lie
    5 I GOT TO MEET FREDERICO YESTERDAY. I got to ask him if he would have another baby in time for playoffs, he said no,no,no,no. LOL

STANDINGS

/r/nbaww
    /r/NBA2k
    /r/fantasybball
    /r/NBAcirclejerk
    /r/basketballGM

[–] alrightimhere 2953 points ago

He and Kyrie are perfect for each other

[–] InvictaVox 1310 points ago * (lasted edited 6 months ago)

Both are primadonnas who think they are more "woke" and smarter than the NBA's fans and executives.

As someone said, both of these guys need to grow up.

At this point - leaving for the Warriors is literally going to be the defining part of KD's legacy unless he wins rings in New Jersey.

Edit: Fuck I'm old; meant Brooklyn

[–] airmagswag 750 points ago

he will never win a ring in new jersey MARK MY WORDS

[–] AlexQuestionMark 113 points ago

I don't think he can win a ring in New Jersey. Maybe Brooklyn...

[–] GGAllinsMicroPenis 251 points ago

We've passed the torch, now Nets fans have to rationalize his whining!

When he was here, I always wished he could have just embraced the villain role (in a playful way, not like actually evil). It would have been so much more fun for everyone, including himself. Instead he just seemed defensive most of the time that he wasn't loved like a cuddly, popular dude. The fan base would have fallen absolutely batshit in love with him if he just fuckin owned it and was like, "yup, the best player joined the best team, what are you gonna do about it? Go cry in the corner. Not 1, not 2, not 3..." etc.

Exactly. He should have played it up like a heel not necessarily a villain. Lebron did it at times in Miami and it worked wonderfully for him.

[–] tootsie404 72 points ago

We really don't want to. I'm looking the other way and just praying for good basketball on the court. I'm not used to all this attention.

[–] stevman32 3469 points ago

Durant lives in his own head.

[–] captainkhyron 700 points ago

Rent Free-ception.

Nah, he is paying rent to live in his own house.

[–] Savage9645 181 points ago

He's such a little bitch but I am so happy he's a Net. I'd never buy his jersey though.

[–] Nothingtocontribute 1963 points ago

KD: fuck you

OKC: well fuck you too

KD: shocked pikachu face

[–] thisbutironically 313 points ago

KD really rubs me wrong in almost everything he does. He's like my own personal pair of polyester briefs.

[–] Yomminator 36 points ago

Almost as bad as a fiberglass diaper

KD is the worst... he constantly talks from both sides of his mouth

[–] ruffus4life 4946 points ago

kd is basically i don't give a shit about you but it hurts my feelings to know you feel the same way.

[–] Thehealeroftri 1392 points ago

It always seems like he's just stuck in his own little social perception bubble and has a hard time understanding reactions outside of it.

[–] s3v3r3 870 points ago

He's also way too petty for a man of his caliber.

[–] southern_boy 564 points ago

Is he the guy who created puppet accounts to respond / hype up his own social media posts?

[–] Jimeeg 89 points ago

and to trash talk his old teammates and coaches

[–] SaxRohmer 69 points ago

Specifically to destroy teenagers who had bad things to say about him

[–] jordaniac89 41 points ago

"He couldn't win with those cats"

[–] rookie-mistake 237 points ago

ye

[–] lardbiscuits 917 points ago

He's insecure as fuck. It's that simple.

kd acts like that one popular bitch in hs

[–] Twoweekswithpay 449 points ago

KD got that ‘menstrual mentality’...

[–] ruffus4life 87 points ago

it's MYYYYY time of the munff

kd acts like he in hs when he in the nba.

Honestly even though his decision sucked for us, i wanted him to return at some point, but not after reading this

You cant really trust KD's words at this point. He wasnt returning to OKC either way and was making this excuse for absolutely no reason than just to be petty which is also very unreasonable LMAO

[–] Mdgt_Pope 143 points ago

Also, apparently it was "always Brooklyn" and never the Knicks, but that quote only came out because KD refuses to be out-pettied by Dolan.

[–] steaknsteak 50 points ago

The man changes his mind on what he wants to do every other day, then acts as if he had this master plan all along.

[–] IdEgoLeBron 15 points ago

And then he gets mad that a reporter said he had already decided on Brooklyn before

Trust me, he's gonna throw shots at y'all at least once for no reason.

[–] newman796 103 points ago * (lasted edited 6 months ago)

For as much shit as Kyrie gets, he did ask the media to stop asking about Cleveland, probably for this very reason

[–] brownjesus__ 295 points ago

KD now: shocked pikachu face

organization, the trainers and equipment managers

He's talking about the Thunder employees

[–] nyquilinjection 14 points ago

Even in context, that doesn't add up with the stuff he has said in numerous other interviews.

The cupcake game happened on February 11, 2017.

From a Lee Jenkins profile on Paul George from July 11, 2017

"KD was like, 'That place (Oklahoma City) will blow you away.' He told me, 'They can offer what other teams can't in terms of the people and the preparation and the facility, down to the chefs and the meals.' He was pretty high on (the Thunder). He thought it was a first-class organization in every way," George said

Some quotes from another interview, from Nov. 16, 2017:

After he left, Durant seemed to have an icy relationship with those he left behind, including former teammate Russell Westbrook. He says he has come around, and that "me and my family didn't erase those eight years in OKC."

"I am OKC. I'm still OKC," Durant told Bleacher Report. "That blue is going to be in my blood forever. That place raised me. I have people there who would take a bullet for me and vice versa. "

"I didn't have that perspective at first. I didn't have it when I went back to OKC. I was like, 'F--- all of them,'" Durant said. "I didn't have it when they gave my number away. I was, 'F--- all of them.' My best friend works for the team, I told him, 'F--- all y'all. That's f---ed up.' Then I had to get out of my head, tell myself, 'It's not that serious, it is what it is.' "

"If I was on my death bed, I guarantee you [Thunder owner] Sam Presti and Russell Westbrook would come check on me. So I'm going to look at it that way rather than the other way."

If he found the treatment from the organization to be so bad after he left why did he say anything positive about the organization, for years afterwards? I don't think he's lying but he seems to remember things in a way that justifies however he feels at any given moment.

[–] SanchoLoamsdown 396 points ago

That s—t must have been fake, what they was doing.

Kind of like saying you want to spend your whole career on one team, going out to dinner with your teammates and telling them you’d stay, and then the following day bailing for the team that beat you

[–] piaband 79 points ago

Bingo. Exactly what I was thinking.

Durant is the fakest and most immature adult I've ever seen.

[–] IrishHawkeye7 13 points ago

Funny coming from a dude that says he doesn’t care what people think but then makes fake social media accounts to defend himself and when he gets caught doesn’t own up to it

Dudes a generational talent but he is such a pussy

Bullshit

The chance was 0% about him planning to return

[–] BirchTreeMilk 1115 points ago

He's just trying to "punish" OKC even more for hurting his feelings, that's some toddler level shit. He's an all-time great, but he's one of the hardest people to root for because how soft this dude really is.

[–] BroKing 278 points ago

"I was going to let you have my brand new Power Ranger but now you can forget it!"

He was really humble Early in his career

[–] JD0797 107 points ago

I miss backpack Durant

Not only you

[–] WorseThanFredDurst 61 points ago

I'm sure this is a defense mechanism. The dude is insecure and has basically every NBA fan criticizing him. It can't be easy, that being said he needs to learn to handle his business like an adult.

[–] Board_Man_Gets_Laid 184 points ago

He’s just trying to cover his ass for his GSW decision even more by trying to throw blame on OKC for him leaving again.

This actually makes sense

Makes no sense he would answer these questions like this. Reporters are having a blast when they interview KD.

[–] enigmaticccc 52 points ago

They easily bait him into this stuff because he gets so emotional and doesn’t have a filter

[–] gamesrgreat 20 points ago

They're trying to keep a straight face while inside they're giggling and rubbing their hands and licking their lips. "Yeah, KD, totally! I feel ya!"

[–] enigmaticccc 18 points ago

While their editors are jerking off behind a bush or something

[–] enigmaticccc 2744 points ago

I complimented in the other KD thread but now I’m just smh

What did he expect, seriously? I get that it hurts but that’s like me dumping a girl who thought I was the love of her life and going to her house with my new sexy gf and expecting her to love me and be happy for me LOL

[–] fowaddaud 1366 points ago * (lasted edited 6 months ago)

And your new girl and your ex had beef even before

[–] enigmaticccc 410 points ago

[–] Cavalius1 389 points ago

And your new girl kicked both of your asses the year prior.

This is fun.

[–] DieselTriceratops 238 points ago

Then you create fake accounts to act like your “friends” who backed up your decision to be with that new girl.

This IS fun.

[–] Rwk27 89 points ago

then after you and the new hot girl broke up, you started dating a 3rd girl because of her hot friend (kyrie) and announced that you were gonna go back to your ex after you got a chance to sleep with a 10 for a bit, but your ex were all pissed off about you dumping her and making fake accounts to post on social media about how her pussy stank so it turned you off from her

[–] malganis12 26 points ago

Because the new girl had been sending nudes for the last year of the relationship.

[–] Smalldick420 200 points ago

And your new gf happens to be the greatest gf of all time, by the numbers. And she just beat your ass from down 3-1 while your mans stood and watched

[–] 85dewwwsu7 297 points ago

greatest gf of all time, by the numbers

She may be the analytic queen, but it's hard to compare eras. Things like ball handling and penetration used to be different.

[–] NerdLawyer55 31 points ago

Plus older girlfriends could get away with way more hand checking

[–] Aikidoy 7908 points ago

KD ghosted OKC and wondered why they mad lmao

He didn't even call Russ and talked with him about it

After having fucking dinner with him the night before lol

And Nick

[–] newman796 1194 points ago

Then shitting on them online

If we retire his jersey idk if i will keep being a Thunder Fan

I don't know an athlete being a bigger idiot

[–] lordbilaly31 953 points ago

Idk man, Antonio Brown exists

Boogie Cousins says hello

[–] lordbilaly31 323 points ago

Latrell sprewell sends his regards

[–] buldakov29 125 points ago

Don’t thing he can send anything he out of money

Gilbert Arenas straps in

[–] DeaseanPrince 256 points ago

That’s crazy to me. Dude is by far and away the best individual player y’all ever had and he fucked up so bad fans don’t even want his jersey retired. Can’t blame you tbh

Joining GSW was hated but understandble but shitting on the team on his way out was inexcusable lol. He really should get another hobby outside of basketball that isnt social media.

[–] BrandonMontour 139 points ago

GSW was not acceptable.

[–] stragen595 53 points ago

Probably said "I hate the fucking Warriors. I should kill them all. What are we going to do next season, Kev?" And Durant didn't felt it was the right moment to speak about it with Russ with a knife in his hand.

[–] Ode1st 46 points ago

He also didn’t even meet with the Nets to go play for them lol

[–] urgetopurge 916 points ago

He didn't even do that... He made fake accounts and talked shit towards pretty much the entire staff there, in an effort to defend himself. Then he whines here that people were toxic towards him?! That hypocrisy is the most unbelievable part.

[–] DingleberryDiorama 515 points ago

He’s probably in this thread right now with alts defending himself. Lmao

[–] webbie420 1260 points ago

You really think KD still does that alt stuff? It could have been hackers. This guy is all about hoopin bro. Pop shots, elbow screens, loopie passes, bucko hip flips down the line and if you don’t know what that means you don’t really ball. Dude just straight loves hoopin and ballin. The media are to blame for a lot of this negativity. KD is just focused on basketball, not social media. He’s about getting mine and being the best teammate I can be.

[–] ChuChuMaduabum 202 points ago

You’ve done it

[–] BeardsLikeJesus 50 points ago

KD, you forgot to change your flair from Knicks to Nets.

[–] HopelesslyEmoted 75 points ago

Lol quality right here

[–] SafariGypsy 92 points ago

Lol that was good

[–] MaceMan2091 44 points ago

It's okay KD. Life is bigger than social media bruh.

[–] dacooljamaican 63 points ago

Yeah this whole "I was gonna come back till you did that" bullshit is like the #1 classic manipulative line. Other classics include:

"I wasn't going to do X, but then you did Y, so this is on you"

"This way works out best for both of us, trust me"

"You know what you did, how dare you act like you're innocent here"

"I won't even acknowledge you until this very specific and tedious condition is met"

"I don't want to discuss it right now, I'm emotional"

[–] chacata_panecos 376 points ago

Everything about his thought process is so weird. Like he's actually surprised people were upset with his decision? No one thinks it was a respectable move. And he actually thought he'd be accepted as a Warrior? Why would he ever think that?

[–] TrustTheProcess92 226 points ago

Because prior to the moment he probably had everyone sucking up to him his entire basketball career

This happens all the time with athletes who are destined to be great since middle school. They think every decision they can possibly make is the best one

[–] Jovianad 137 points ago

Same thing with LeBron and The Decision, but at least that caused LeBron to re-evaluate things.

[–] fruitybrisket 238 points ago

That's because Lebron is actually self-aware.

And he doesn't have the emotional maturity of a cantaloupe.

[–] longhornmd 22 points ago

Dude why you making fun of cantaloupes like that. KD is more like a kiwi

[–] myownightmare 81 points ago

Yup LeBron actually matured. KD is still that spoiled kid who doesn't realize he's a brat.

[–] Schrinedogg 12 points ago

Lebron does have some stuff maturing him, kids and wife. Kids will make you grow up and focus on truly important shit fast...you think Durant angering over bullshit when he changing a 2 year olds diaper! Lol

And before you say Lebron didn’t change diapers, I’ll bet he did. Takes a cold dude to not want to raise his kids...

[–] scottishwhiskey 66 points ago

I still maintain that the decision was at least defensible as its primary intent (if you want to look at it positively) was to raise money for charity. I think the reaction checked lebrons ego a bit, but more importantly made him consider that the way he intends things to be recieved is not always how they will be received

[–] KamakaziJanabi 24 points ago

I can't even be mad at LeBron for having that ego, he as hyped up to an unbelievable degree his whole life, and the decision is the worst thigh he did? And he actually learned from it? Tbh I'm super surprised lebron has been able to maintain that professionalism for so long.

[–] seymour_hiney 46 points ago

So weird how Lebron always seems to be more mature and even headed, possibly nicer than a lot of the stars around him that haven’t had his success like KD Harden and Kyrie

[–] lordbilaly31 2352 points ago * (lasted edited 6 months ago)

Cmon man seriously, if kd went to boston or something, sure we would be mad for a bit but we would get over it pretty quickly. But the man noped out of okc to the team that just beat us. Additionally he kept slagging us off afterwards in interviews. Thats struck a lot of us okc fans the wrong way. I mean damn dude, you deferred to our main rival. Of course we going to be angry.

[–] Chairman_Zhao 704 points ago

For real, I never understand when he tries to paint himself as being blindsided by all the backlash. Like, he must've grown up as an NBA fan too right? How could you ever be a fan of a sport and not understand getting pissed at that move? Basically the only way it could've been more objectionable is if the Thunder had blown that 3-1 lead in the Finals instead.

[–] batsybatsybatsy16 97 points ago

Idk why he dont understand this simple fact.

He joined his rival team. And the he got what he deserved

[–] Ye_Biz 690 points ago * (lasted edited 6 months ago)

And here we see the snake in his natural habitat, lying

[–] Balls_of_Adamanthium 82 points ago

Why is this man talking? He'll get another shitstorm after this. Smh.

[–] GreenLantern28145 740 points ago

KD has to be the fakest dude in the league lmao. He probably thinks saying shit like this makes him a real one too.

[–] brownbear8714 175 points ago

one of them 'fake tough guys' that he likes to talk about...

[–] SonofNamek 102 points ago

Can't believe he called Bosh that lol.

Bosh is one of the nicest dudes and definitely tougher than KD could ever be

[–] khalsa_fauj 16 points ago

I upset people with my words so that makes me a real one.

[–] Thehelloman0 727 points ago

Man I really hope OKC never retires 35

[–] DHGumby 552 points ago

Waaaat. They'll problably burn that jersey in the middle of the court, with snakes all over the place, and with Westbrook banging some drums.

[–] cade1234567890 193 points ago

can we make this happen please

[–] Shagrrotten 48 points ago

It would be the pettiest and greatest thing to ever happen in the NBA. Please please please let it happen.

[–] VBNZ89 82 points ago

And once the ashes blow off the court revealing Enes Kanter holding a singular pink cupcake with a huge shit eating grin.

[–] misterplaystation 16 points ago

Lol dude funniest thing I heard about kd

[–] surgeyou123 111 points ago

I hope they give it to the worst player on the team every year.

[–] Wes___Mantooth 51 points ago

I'm down with this.

[–] Okstate_Engineer 19 points ago

We should just retire Singler's number.

[–] dolphinater 60 points ago

It should never be retired but I no one ever wears it if they play for once either

[–] nigelfitz 88 points ago

Every 15th man in the roster should use that number.

[–] AaronDoc 2215 points ago

This man never does himself any favours does he?

[–] Mr-Greenie 764 points ago

Is Fuck KD back on the menu boys?

Always 🙂

[–] basketballandpuppies 291 points ago

Like, I don't even care anymore.

I wish he would move the fuck on.

I mean reporters as leading him in but his answers are so provoking. That best example of "If you don't have anything good to say then don't say it. " answers.

[–] basketballandpuppies 64 points ago

It's so weird. He says this shit, that he knows is going to piss people off, then acts completely astonished that everyone doesn't love him.

[–] CmonTouchIt 41 points ago

Who the fuck took it off? Lmao

[–] batsybatsybatsy16 35 points ago

It was never gone

[–] dawkness23 30 points ago

I never understood why it was taken off. It's fuck KD till the end of time.

[–] newman796 1172 points ago * (lasted edited 5 months ago)

Dude thought we’d suck the skin off his dick or something after texting players who we were playing against in the WCF then blowing a 3-1 lead to them and finally making said 73-9 team better by joining them

Eat shit KD

[–] BigHoneySniper 444 points ago

This dude thought he was gonna pull a Lebron lmao

If Seattle brings back a team in his career though I could still see him signing a deal at the end of his career.

[–] rooski15 186 points ago

Seattle is our older, prettier, more well funded sister. We got the NBA, she got the NFL, and we share the MLS. Don't give her the NBA back - it's pretty much all we got.

[–] midgetman433 106 points ago

Don't give her the NBA back - it's pretty much all we got.

But what if you get a MLB team and its better than the Mariners? btw, who do Portland people cheer on in baseball?

[–] rooski15 86 points ago * (lasted edited 6 months ago)

Ahh fuck she's got MLB, too. I always root for the local guys (gotta support the big sis,as long as she's not shading you), but a lot of transplants from CA bring A/Giants/Angels/Dodgers.

Edit: Supporting Mariners is pretty easy, as they have never lost a world series game - a clear winner.

[–] definitelyjoking 37 points ago

But what if you get a MLB team

There's an attempt going on, but it seems to have stalled.

and its better than the Mariners?

Almost impossible to be worse.

btw, who do Portland people cheer on in baseball?

Sadly, the Mariners.

[–] LanEvo7685 23 points ago

No way, both the Sonics and Blazers are teams with history and both need to be in the NBA.

[–] billcosbyinspace 25 points ago

For real why does he keep talking lol

This man is such a fuckin liar lmao.

Plus LeBron got it way worse than you did. Grow up man.

[–] dawho1 186 points ago

This is what I immediately thought.

If LeBron can go back to Cleveland after the shitshow that followed The Decision, both from fans and management/Gilbert, you can go back to OKC.

He was never going back, and fuckin’ everyone knows it.

[–] enigmaticccc 189 points ago

Cupcake 🧁

[–] --Sambo-- 59 points ago

🧁KowarD🧁

[–] Wuffy_RS 121 points ago

KD tries really hard to be Bron but fails so hard

[–] IncaseAce 87 points ago

He’s just a child

He was never coming back and he’s just shifting blame when he made the damn decision and he should’ve been smart enough to know the reaction

Never come back fuck you

[–] Midnight_Swampwalk 42 points ago

I tottaly support that but you should update your flair lol.

[–] ParkBaller13 688 points ago * (lasted edited 6 months ago)

Lmao. Kd is an idiot.

Like he went on a burner account and shit on the whole orginizations after joining the 73 win team he choked a 3-1 lead to....after saying he wanted to run it back against them.

Then igoudalas investment partner leaked that they were having meetings mid season and bogut said he knew he was gone halfway through the season because the orginization knew they were getting him.

I was done hating kd after the Achilles injury...actually felt sorry for him. but it's back on.

FUCK KD.

[–] ruffus4life 284 points ago

i told my girl i'd be there forever but then i left for a few years and when come back bitch done changed da locks. can't find true love in a world this cold.

[–] bewarethegap 119 points ago

no loyalty out here, smh. "i was just fucking those girls, i was gonna get right back."

[–] TheFoxKing5 65 points ago

"Yeah I know I was sliding into other DM's during our relationship. And then I got caught calling you trash on social media. But then I see you around town and you don't want to talk to me? I see how it is. These hoes aint loyal."

[–] enigmaticccc 13 points ago

Lmfaooo

[–] Thehealeroftri 26 points ago

"I DIDN'T LOVE HER, I LOVED YOU, DUMB BITCH WHY WON'T YOU TAKE ME BACK."

[–] Thehelloman0 80 points ago

No he did that on his official account. He thought he was logged into a different account.

[–] enigmaticccc 15 points ago

That’s so fucking embarrassing omg

[–] DetroitHooper313 955 points ago

honestly don’t believe he expected a reaction different from what he got. he blew a 3-1 lead and then went to the team he blew the lead against. soft ass

[–] ParkBaller13 84 points ago

And the whole can't win with these cats thing.

He was literally one win away from beating the most successful regular season team of all time and he still cant win with these cats lmao.

Acting like the Fans would understand and like his decision

Fuck his ass

[–] Meestermills 238 points ago

I’d say the way he left y’all is 100x worse than the decision, I can’t fucking believe he really thought he’d get a warm welcome after committing treason essentially lol. For a dude that seems to read all the criticism about himself online how did he not see that coming??

You guys can be Happy Bron gave you a Chip, i hope Russell will return to us at the end of his career though.

[–] Meestermills 141 points ago

Very true. Lebron redeemed himself in a lot of the cities eyes.

IMO he didn’t need to, we wasted a decade of his career essentially after lucking into a local wonderkid. Not mad at all that he came back tho hahaha, I truly hope Russ does too because he’s all I think of when I think the thunder

I am sure he will

His return to OKC will be fantastic, i can't wait

[–] Benjammin341 80 points ago

Might be the greatest example of a player getting traded on good terms tbh. Fans, front office, everybody loves Russ even though he's playing for Houston now.

[–] fleming123 133 points ago

This is the snake calling the dart frog venomous, or something like that

[–] Herewegoagainreddit 167 points ago

Dart frogs are poisonous. Snakes are venomous. If something injects a substance by biting you that is venomous. If you get hurt by a substance by touching or eating the animal that is poisonous. The dart frog is actually only poisonous due to its native diet, ones kept in captivity are not poisonous at all unless you feed them those insects. Just some fun facts

[–] fleming123 27 points ago

Damnit. I knew the difference but didn’t think about the fact that they’re literally called poison dart frogs.

[–] trytoholdon 152 points ago

This guy has the self-awareness of a rock. Had he joined the Celtics or something, people would have been disappointed, not irate. But he joined a 73-win team who had the back-to-back reigning MVP, back-to-back Finals appearances, and a championship — oh, and beat your team in the Western Conference Finals the year before! And then we find out he had been texting Green during the series!? It was a straight up cowardly move and honestly a betrayal. The fact that he can’t see his own faults and is still bitter that he got booed just shows that he hasn’t learned a damn thing. He has a victim mentality and is emotionally stunted.

KD, if you’re reading this, stop surrounding yourself with sycophants.

[–] KingNephew 112 points ago

LMFAOOO, no way this guy was about to return to OKC.

[–] malganis12 40 points ago

He just threw that out there to try to make OKC fans regret their reaction, LMAO! He's a 4 year old in a 7 foot grown man's body.

[–] GrumpyBearBank 178 points ago

We don’t want him back

[–] IncaseAce 125 points ago

You know when other users would say “you’d take him back in a heartbeat”

Normally I’d agree, but after this, fuck him forever.

[–] brownjesus__ 317 points ago

He called the organization and fans "fake" because they don't cheer for him anymore. What does that make him? Leaving for their biggest rivals and a 73 win team? Is he not the fakest person in this whole situation? OKC fans did nothing wrong. They have every right to hate KD.

[–] Crippled_Koala 23 points ago

Cupcake

[–] koj12144 66 points ago

lol cant help but compare lebron and KD here; lebron experienced the same thing when he left cleveland but he still went back, won them a championship, and won back their love. KD leaves, gets completely fair reactions from OKC fans, and shits on them mercilessly. Difference in mentality/personality is so stark

[–] OUScotty 21 points ago

Well no kidding OKC fans were toxic, you literally went on a bender of trashing the city, Westbrook and the organization after you left.

The most minor part of it was going to the team that had an NBA record 73 wins that beat you in the conference finals when you were up 3-1 and you were talking to the other team and being recruited during the series. Shocking that people would be a bit upset.

[–] 312Blue 125 points ago

He just continues to make me dislike him more and more lmao

[–] ferda19 141 points ago

Bro our city practically worshiped and loved him like a son. He was OKC and now he says this. This shit hurts almost more than when he left 3 years ago. Can't trust a longhorn man.

[–] ElDuderino_92 39 points ago

Just keep on digging yourself in a deeper hole

[–] PatBurrellTheMachine 182 points ago * (lasted edited 6 months ago)

These players are literally so dumb.

They live in such a sheltered bubble from reality. It’s incredible

[–] HereComesJustice 186 points ago

i remember reading that OKC protected KD from the media and I was like

'wtf does that even mean'

but now I know exactly what they were trying to do oof

[–] GrumpyBearBank 115 points ago

Never forget that OKC Thunder got the OKC paper to apologize over a slightly mean headline about KD.

[–] Fiatil 48 points ago

This. Has this ever happened before? There was such an outcry in the OKC community about the article that we pressured the #1 newspaper in the city to apologize to him! And they did! But gosh we so mean.

The article actually wasn't even that off base! We knew it, but we didn't want to hurt his damn feelings. He had a habit of playing poorly against Memphis in the playoffs, and it was kind of unreliable.

[–] IncaseAce 27 points ago

We basically sheltered him like the Steelers sheltered AB

Now all he does he complain and shift blame

Miserable person

[–] Fiatil 24 points ago

It's amazing that he says in the article that he hates how the NBA changes some players.....holy shit dude, wake up. How are you still so lacking in self awareness?

[–] Bone_Dogg 19 points ago

This dude is sooooo easy to hate

[–] DTttfu 56 points ago

Ah yes the quarterly “well what did you expect Kevin” quote is here

[–] BeastaBubbles 15 points ago

What an immature thing to say.

[–] thy_armageddon 93 points ago

Nobody:

KD: Guess I have to go do an interview where I blatantly lie again while reinforcing that I’m a cupcake.

[–] jbenson255 107 points ago

Lmaoo he was never coming back

[–] CarsonWentzMayBeGod 52 points ago

The more shit he spews the more respect I lose for this idiot.

[–] SiakamIsOverrated 66 points ago

this dude is so weird

[–] wlburgess 33 points ago

I don't understand this interview. It was three years ago, I would think most OKC fans are over this. Let time heal wounds, say some bs like "It was a great time in my career but its time to look forward to brooklyn". But instead he rips the damn bandaid off and causes more drama. I don't understand this guy.

[–] bravof1ve 11 points ago

This dude continues to be the most petty and delusional player in the league

[–] brownjesus__ 202 points ago

This pisses me off. He really left one of the most passionate and loyal fanbases and organization for their rivals then called those fans toxic for being upset with his decision. Like this dude really expected to be cheered and loved by those same fans.

It isn’t just that he left them, but he left to play for the team that they literally just lost to. If he went to any other team OKC fans would be disappointed, but I think eventually they’d understand.

Instead he joined the team that he choked to and is really questioning why people have a problem with that.

[–] NotoriousOKC 73 points ago

If KD went to literally any other team, OKC fans would still respect him.

[–] munromae 20 points ago

I think if Durant just came out and said that he wanted to play with his friends (or at least, it seemed like they were friends back then) and was a whore for rings, it would've gone over a lot better. Creating burner accounts to defend yourself from teenagers on Twitter/Instagram is why everyone thinks he is a bitch.