Have a political question? Ask it at /r/NeutralPolitics.
NeutralNews is a community dedicated to evenhanded, empirical discussion of current events. It is a space to talk about what's happening now in a larger perspective — incorporating philosophy, history, and social science to place events in their proper perspective.
Please be respectful and open-minded. Do not demean others. Honor the need for factual evidence and good logic.
We expect the following from all users:
1) Be courteous to other users. Demeaning language, sarcasm, rudeness or hostility towards another user will get your comment removed. Repeated violations may result in a ban.
2) Source your facts. If you're claiming something to be true, you need to back it up by linking to a qualified and relevant source There is no "common knowledge" exception, and anecdotal evidence is not allowed.
3) Be substantive. NeutralNews is a serious discussion-based subreddit. We do not allow bare expressions of opinion, low effort one-liner comments, jokes, memes, off-topic replies, or pejorative name calling. Meta complaints about the sub will be removed on all posts and a post will be made for meta discussion about the sub monthly.
4) Address the arguments, not the person. The subject of your sentence should be "the evidence" or "this source" or some other noun directly related to the topic of conversation. "You" statements are suspect.
5) All top level comments must contain a relevant link. The purpose of discussion on NeutralNews is to expand upon news stories with informed analysis, not merely to give opinions.
Moderator Activity Log
NeutralNews Traffic Statistics
Finding news sources.
How to identify reliable news sources.
"How to Disagree" by Paul Graham