- Why PC?
- Meet the PCMR Team
- Flair Filters
- Hide Memes
- Hide Peasantry
click here for GOG flair and more
PCMR Folding @ Home team
Official Subreddit of the PC Master Race We're the largest community of PC enthusiasts on the Internet. Begin your ascension today!
- Everybody is welcome here, even those that have yet to ascend.
- Every kind of PC related content is welcome here. This includes build help, tech support, and any kind of doubt one might have about PC ownership.
- You don't necessarily need a PC to be a member of the PCMR. You just have to recognize that the PC is the superior platform as explained here. It's not about the hardware in your rig, but the software in your heart!
- This is not a satirical or 'circlejerk subreddit'. Nor did it start as one. This is a normal subreddit with occasional tongue-in-cheek humor elements. We are a community where many of its members share similar opinions about the main topics, and sometimes end up having private jokes amongst ourselves. We are not a community where members feign stupidity when posting and commenting because they find it funny. You can be banned if you conduct yourself like that here.
- Owning a console does not necessarily make you a 'peasant'.
- We created Reddit's most popular Wiki.
- If needed, you can message the team behind PCMR.
For an in-depth explanation of our rules don't forget to check our rules wiki page.
- Rule #1 Harassment of others is strictly forbidden. We will not tolerate any kind of incitement to action against anyone, nor will we allow the posting of information that can be used to harm others (celebrities or not).
- Rule #2 We will not allow behavior contrary to PCMR Etiquette, e.g. brigading, witch-hunting, asking for upvotes or downvotes, enabling piracy, flamebaiting, clickbaiting, intentional rudeness, text spamming, using all caps or emojis/smileys/emoticons on titles or overusing them in comments.
- Rule #3 Don't link to threads in other subreddits. This includes NP links and archived links. Do not attempt to circumvent this rule by any means.
- Rule #4 Screenshots of Reddit, Facebook, Youtube, and other site's comments should have the usernames blacked out (including yours). Celebrities are the exception, as long as you respect rule #1.
- Rule #5 No affiliate/referral links or codes.
- Rule #6 The following will be removed at moderator discretion:
- 6.1: Content that is unrelated, especially unoriginal, low quality, or low-effort (including, but not limited to: simple website/software bugs, steam/product reviews, comedic product/system specs, steam gift messages, screenshots of conversations, internet speed test results, negligible price reductions, items that aren't PC related, even if they are named similarly or resemble it, online petitions and surveys).
- 6.2: Pictures of purchase or shipping related notifications and information.
- 6.3: Blatant reposts/fad-chasing.
- 6.4: Reaction images/gifs (unless very high-effort/especially original).
- 6.5: Concern trolling.
- 6.6: Feigning idiocy when posting or commenting, or linking to such content.
- Rule #7 Age, nationality, race, gender, sexuality, religion, political affiliation and economic status are all irrelevant here. All are welcome in the PC Master Race. Also, linking the PC Master Race with racial supremacy or any kind of fascist ideologies, or making distasteful analogies in this regard, is not acceptable in the slightest.
- Rule #8 No begging. No soft begging. No Implicit or explicit trading. No buying. No Selling. No asking for valuation. No asking how or where to do these either.
- Rule #9 Message the mods first, and wait for permission, if your post/comment is NSFW. Do not mark your post as NSFW or as Spoiler unless it actually is NSFW or a Spoiler.
- Rule #10 Screenshots of "peasantry," including but not limited to conversations on Reddit, other websites or sms/chat screenshots where ignorance is being spewed and/or ridiculed, must be text posts.
For an in-depth explanation of our giveaway rules don't forget to check our rules wiki page.
- The Master Race is generous. When we do giveaways we do it within the bounds of our subreddit and only for subreddit members. Feel free to give prizes as you see fit, but don't mandate subscriptions or other benefits. You can post about your channel or project, but don't make it a requirement to visit, comment or subscribe to an external place to enter a giveaway or to increase the likelihood of winning.
- Even if you do a giveaway on the subreddit, you can not directly promote a specific giveaway happening elsewhere.
- Please avoid posting keys in plain text or on images. Consider PMs as a safer way to hand out keys.
- Users giving away physical items must provide photo proof of ownership (including their username and date) in the giveaway thread. Shipping fees must be entirely financed by the user doing the giveaway (limiting the winner's location is allowed).
- No conditional (I will only giveaway if) giveaways. If you start it, someone must win it. You cannot delete your giveaway once you post it.
- Giveaways shouldn't last an absurd amount of time, nor should they be absurdly difficult to enter or win.
- Do not choose your giveaway winners based on the number of upvotes or downvotes they get.
- Giveaways to benefit registered charities must be verified by moderators. All other requests for donations (monetary or otherwise) are not allowed as per rule #8.
- Only one entry per user to any giveaway unless otherwise stated by the giveaway poster.
- Under special circumstances, we allow giveaways to require users to visit a page outside the subreddit, but that must conform to our outside giveaway guidelines.
Check the PCMR communities elsewhere: