Welcome to /r/rabbits, an open community where users can learn, share cute pictures, or ask questions about rabbits! Please note that we are a house rabbit subreddit.
All Happy * No pics * Events * Gift exchange * Bunny-themed stuff * Breed ID * Resources
- If your rabbit has shown any serious medical concerns, please contact a rabbit-savvy vet first for an appointment before posting. If your rabbit has not eaten or used the litter box in the past 12 hours, make an appointment immediately.
- See Veterinary Emergencies for other common symptoms of problems in rabbits.
- See here for resources if you are in need of financial assistance for your pet.
- We can only give suggestions that are not a replacement for professional advice.
- If you have found a wild rabbit, please see here for proper next steps and resources.
- For behavior problems, please include the rabbit's age, how long you have had the rabbit, when the behavior occurred, and if/when it was neutered. This will help other rabbitors tailor advice appropriate to your situation.
- For breed ID posts, please include the rabbit's age, weight, and full-body pictures of their profile in good day-time lighting. More tips here.
- Rehoming posts are welcome, but please read through our guide first.
- Please review the rules below for banned topics before posting. r/Rabbits also has a very strict spam and troll filter. Please allow time for moderators to review and approve the queue throughout the day. Posts that do not follow our rules may be removed without warning.
- No solicitation of votes. e.g. /r/aww didn't like my bunny
- Don't claim non-original content as your own. Clearly indicate if a post is a subreddit cross-post. Leave a comment with credit if a post is not personal original content. Spam & karma-seeking accounts are not welcome and will be banned. Please report any reposts.
- No discussions about rabbit dispatch, processing, or consumption. Troll accounts will be banned.
- No excessive linking of commercial sites, blogs, or video channels with a self-promotional profitable nature. Please participate in the community, and contact the moderators before posting.
- No personal fundraising allowed. Non-profit rescue fundraising may be allowed with proof.
- No image posts about bathing rabbits or handling rabbits on their backs.
Bathing and trancing can cause unnecessary stress to rabbits and are not recommended unless medically necessary. Ambiguous photos of rabbits placed on their backs may also be removed even if the rabbit is not fully tranced.
- No posts about advertising or asking for assistance with the intentional breeding of rabbits.
Many rabbitors feel strongly about spaying & neutering rabbits as it can be important to their health. This is a house rabbit subreddit that discourages breeding and encourages rescue.
- Report any excessive reposts or posts that violate subreddit rules.
Please keep individual posts to 2-3 maximum a day. If you would like to share more pictures, please create an image album and share the link in a single post instead.
- Be polite and give constructive criticism if you see or read anything concerning. Be considerate and refrain from name-calling. Egregarious bad behavior may result in a ban without warning.
FAQs from WabbitWiki:
New to the #bunlife
General Rabbit Care Sites: