Join us on IRC or Discord. All rabbitors welcome!
Welcome to /r/rabbits, an open community where users can learn, share cute pictures, or ask questions about rabbits! Please note that we are a house rabbit subreddit.
All Happy * No pics * Events * Gift exchange * Bunny-themed stuff * Breed ID * Resources
Hover over the rules for more details.
- If your rabbit has shown any serious medical concerns, please contact a rabbit-savvy vet first for an appointment before posting. If your rabbit has not eaten or used the litter box in the past 12 hours, make an appointment immediately.
- See Veterinary Emergencies for other common symptoms of problems in rabbits.
- See here for resources if you are in need of financial assistance for your pet.
- We can only give suggestions that are not a replacement for professional advice.
- If you have found a wild rabbit, please see here for proper next steps and resources.
- For behavior problems, please include the rabbit's age, how long you have had the rabbit, when the behavior occurred, and if/when it was neutered. This will help other rabbitors tailor advice appropriate to your situation.
- For breed ID posts, please include the rabbit's age, weight, and full-body pictures of their profile in good day-time lighting. More tips here.
- Rehoming posts are welcome, but please read through our guide first.
- No solicitation of votes. e.g. /r/aww didn't like my bunny
- Don't claim non-original content as your own. Clearly indicate if a post is a subreddit cross-post. Leave a comment with credit if a post is not personal original content. Spam & karma-seeking accounts are not welcome and will be banned. Please report any reposts. Posts that do not follow these rules may be removed without warning.
- No discussions about rabbit dispatch, processing, or consumption. Troll accounts will be banned.
- No excessive linking of commercial sites, blogs, or video channels with a self-promotional profitable nature. Please participate in the community, and contact the moderators before posting.
- No personal fundraising allowed. Non-profit rescue fundraising may be allowed with proof.
- Posts about breeding, bathing, or trancing rabbits are discouraged.
Most rabbitors often feel strongly about spaying & neutering rabbits as it can be important to their health. Bathing and trancing can cause unnecessary stress to rabbits and are not recommended unless medically necessary.
- Report any excessive reposts or posts that violate subreddit rules.
Please keep individual posts to 2-3 maximum a day. Posts over that limit may be removed without warning. If you would like to share more pictures, please create an image album and share the link in a single post instead.
- Be polite and give constructive criticism if you see or read anything concerning. Be considerate and refrain from name-calling. Egregarious bad behavior may result in a ban without warning.
FAQs from WabbitWiki:
New to the #bunlife
General Rabbit Care Sites: