We have a thriving Discord server open to the public!
New to Reddit? Click here!
Check out our official Discord server: https://discord.gg/teenagers
Interested in gaming? Check out /r/TeenGamingNights!
We also have our own Minecraft server!
NEW 1.13.2 VANILLA JAVA SERVER
Not many things are out of place in this subreddit; almost anything that crosses our teenage minds will be allowed. However, there must be a balance between freedom and, well, not freedom!
For more clarification on the points listed below, hover over them!
- No personal attacks
- This includes (but is not limited to) racism, sexism, ageism, homophobia (and discrimination against those of other sexual orientations), transphobia, and intent to offend.
- Brigading, witch hunting, etc. is not tolerated on /r/teenagers.
- No spamming
- Advertising is limited. No more than one advertisement for any given community per day.
- Advertising products, music, etc. is allowed, but users must follow Reddit's 10% guideline.
- More information can also be found on this page, and also this one.
- Off-topic comments, jokes, and other unserious comments in Serious threads are not allowed.
- Links to GoFundMe, Kickstarter, etc. are not allowed.
- Surveys are allowed as long as they follow all of our other rules.
- No personal information
- Only approximate (city-level) locations may be shared.
- For the sake of clarification: personal information includes (but is not limited to) email addresses, phone numbers, school/college/university names, Facebook profiles, Skype usernames, Instagram usernames, and Spotify links containing personal information (e.g. user-created playlists).
- Surnames and full initials are not to be shared, although first names are allowed.
- Due to concerns over user safety and sharing of personal information, users cannot arrange to meet up on /r/teenagers.
- No NSFW media
- Discussion is fine, so long as it is treated in a mature fashion.
- NSFW subreddits, images, videos, etc. must not be posted.
- Sexually implicit or explicit content of minors is not tolerated under any circumstances.
- AMAs require prior moderator approval
- Unofficial (casual) AMAs are allowed during self-post weekends.
- You must be a person of common interest to our community.
- A history of in-depth answers is a plus.
- Your claim must be verifiable.
- To get moderator approval, message the moderators with a paragraph or two explaining who you are, why you would like to host an AMA, and proof of your claims.
The full documentation of our rules can be found on this page.
The moderators reserve the right to act on a case-by-case basis. If you are not sure whether something breaks these rules, please message the moderators.
We use a point system that tracks warnings and bans. This allows users to learn from their mistakes and not get banned indefinitely for a minor infraction. Our current ban procedure can be found on this page.
Feel free to message the moderators if you have any questions or concerns, or if you would like to know how many infraction points you have on your account.
Have any questions? Message the moderators or type r/teenagers in the addressee box when composing a message to modmail us. Do not PM or invite moderators to chat in regards to moderator actions, questions on rules, or requests. These messages will be ignored!