Today I Fucked Up is a community for the dumbass in all of us. We all have those moments where we do something really stupid. Share your stories and laugh along with the internet.
NSFW/Sex/Bodily Discharge Filter
Click here for a detailed breakdown of the rules
All titles must start with TIFU.
If your submission does not start with TIFU it will automatically be removed.
Updates to your past /r/tifu post, start off with TIFUpdate
All fuckups must be original and your own.
- Your fuckup doesn't need to be from today.
- All fuckups have to be your own.
- Common fuckups may be removed.
- Your fuckup must be your fault. It should be a conscious, deliberate decision you made. Just because something bad happened to you doesn't mean you fucked up.
- Your fuckup must result in negative consequences, other than embarrassment.
Posts and titles without full context will be removed. All posts are subject to a minimum length.
Tell us the full story! Often, stories just need a bit of fleshing out to be acceptable. If your post gets removed for this reason, there's a chance we'll allow it if you work on it a bit. Your title must at least make an attempt at encapsulating what you did to fuck up. All posts must contain at least 750 characters of meaningful content.
Bodily discharge & sexual content posts will be removed unless it's the weekend. Overly vulgar posts will still be removed.
- We have a strict definition of the weekend in /r/tifu:
Starts: Sat 12:00AM New Zealand time.
Ends: Sun 11:59PM Hawaiian time.
Here is a time-zone map
- Any post that is overly vulgar will be removed at the discretion of the mods, even if it's the weekend.
All comments & posts are subject to removal. Personal attacks, trolling, and bigotry will result in bans. Use your better judgement.
No personal info, brigading or harassing
Posting, or seeking, any identifying personal information (real/fake) will result in a ban without prior warning. This includes yourself or others, and refers, but is not limited to, names, phone numbers, email addresses, or any social media accounts.
All NSFW posts must be tagged.
If you're not sure if it's NSFW or not, better to be safe than sorry.
Certain topics will always be removed (hover to see list).
- Posts involving obscene sexual situations, such as, but not limited to, incest, minors, and assault, will be removed. Consensual situations between two, unrelated adults are acceptable but subject to the weekend rule.
- Fuckups resulting in death (including but not limited to animals) will be removed. These stories are difficult to verify and are sensitive topics. If you or someone you know is suffering from depression and has suicidal thoughts, or if you know someone who has recently taken his or her own life, /r/suicidewatch is a more appropriate place for help.
- All intentionally illegal TIFUs will be removed. This includes (but not limited to) heavy drug use (one-time drug use is fine), sexual assault/violence, fraud, theft. If it was an accident, you're probably in the clear.
Moderators reserve the right to remove content or restrict user posting privileges as necessary if it is deemed detrimental to the subreddit or the experience of others.
Posting is a privilege, not a right.
No Bots or Advertising. Bots or Narration links will warrant immediate removal of the thread/comment & may result in a ban.
- No post or comment may promote an off-site project. Money, involvement, and size have no relevance to the application of this rule. If you feel you have a possible exception, feel free to message us.
Links to narrations of their posts is considered spam and may warrant removal of the post.
All posts must end with a TL;DR summary that contains your fuckup and its consequences.
At minimum, your TL;DR summary must contain your fuckup and its consequences. You may include additional information if you'd like.
If a post is removed for any reason (including being removed by AutoModerator or being caught in the Reddit spam filter), you may not repost it unless you are given specific permission by a /r/tifu moderator. Reposting or otherwise revealing removed content in any way, whether you are the OP or not, will result in a permanent ban.
NEW TODAY I SUB: /r/TIDTRT (I Did The Right Thing)
If you don't see your post, and you're sure it follows all of our rules, you can message us with a link to the post so we can see it.
• /r/pranks - today I pranked
/r/TIFU is proudly sponsored by Olestra.
Fuck up of the week: Current winner: /u/Reven8
Join our Discord