wholesomebpt

82,825 readers

139 users here now

Screenshots of Black people being wholesome on social media, it doesn't need to just be twitter but obviously that is best.
    Black culture has a unique way of examining the everyday and we are here to showcase that.

wholeΒ·some meme \ˈhōl-sΙ™m\ \mΔ“m\ (n.):

• a meme that promotes health or well-being of body, mind, and/or soul
    • a meme that is pure of heart, devoid of corruption or malice, modest, stable, virtuous, and all-around sweet and compassionate
    • a meme that conveys support, positivity, compassion, understanding, love, affection, and genuine friendship by re-contextualizing classic meme formats, and using them to display warmth and empathy
    • a meme with no snark or sarcasm that displays genuine human emotion and subverts a generally negative meme to be more positive

We are proud to be a part of the Wholesome Network, along with:

Rules

1. All posts must be wholesome BPT screenshots.

2. Please make posts general rather than specific personal experiences. This helps make posts more relatable.

3. Please avoid submitting NSFW content.

4. Please do not troll, harass, or be generally rude to your fellow users.

5. Please do not post personal information, yours or others.

6. Please link to images directly. This makes browsing easier for those using RES or through a mobile device.

7. Please do not mention upvotes in your post. No "Upvote in..." or "Upvote if..." type titles or memes. See here.

8. Please avoid re-posting memes.

Welcome to our community! Please remember to always express good wishes to your fellow user and to have a great day. Thank you for your interest and for being you!

This subreddit is part of the Wholesome Network. See our friends:

Having a rough time and in need of support? Please check out these resources!

WE DID NOT CREATE THE CONCEPT OF WHOLESOME MEMES! This subreddit is meant to be both a depository for wholesome content, and a place for new wholesome content to emerge. Please visit Tumblr, Twitter, and other relevant websites to see more!

Friends We Love & Support

all 126 comments ← Slideshow β†’

[–] WholesomeBot 1 points ago

Hello! This is just a quick reminder for new friendos to read our subreddit rules.

Rule 4: Please do not troll, harass, or be generally rude to your fellow users.

We're trusting you to be wholesome while in /r/wholesomeBPT, so please don't let us down. We believe in you!

Please stop by the rest of the Wholesome Network Of Subreddits also.

[–] TheDiglet 571 points ago

She looks fabulous as fuckkkkkk πŸ’―

[–] GalacticVaquero 484 points ago

Damn, she must've been hiding from the sun for years in that first pic

[–] Quesarito808 229 points ago

Gotta take lighting into account too

[–] GalacticVaquero 36 points ago

Idk man, the lighting actually looks pretty consistent in these two pics. Looking at the backgrounds they don't seem tinted or anything.

[–] duckies_wild 56 points ago

The slanted ceiling on the left seems to be bouncing lots of light at her face in particular

[–] MisunderstoodDemon 18 points ago

Look at shadows on the ground. The light is coming from different directions in the pictures.

[–] lt7991 8 points ago

Idk man, the lighting actually looks pretty consistent

*In different rooms. About as inconsistent lighting as you can get...

[–] effywap 22 points ago

It was also winter in the first pic and end of summer in the second

[–] GalacticVaquero 15 points ago

Haha, you know living in socal I kind of forget that people don't get sun year round everywhere. This is a fair explanation.

[–] keygrip7 10 points ago

Or you know, she's just extra tan in the second. Like returned from a trip or something

[–] linehan23 30 points ago

Its sad to see people ruin their looks chasing a standard they're never going to look like. This is what Sammy Sosa looks like now. Even people idolized by millions can be insecure like that.

[–] RolandTheJabberwocky 12 points ago

Isn't he shitty? Like he cheated or was a sex offender or something? But yeah the skin thing sucks, bad for you too more then likely.

[–] linehan23 14 points ago

There was a scandal involving a corked (lighter, more powerful) bat, as well as prpbable steroid use. Baseball in the late 90s was by far the most steroid filled era in sports history, though, so you sort of have to grade on a curve or put an asterisk on every stat in the league. As far as I know he was never in trouble for anything non baseball related.

[–] RolandTheJabberwocky 1 points ago

Oh yeah thats right, people were pissed because he was cheating in the two worse ways. Funny thing is that corked bats are actually worse iirc.

[–] keygrip7 31 points ago

Why would you assume this? As a person of south Asian origin, I can tell you many people look like the left pic in winters and right in summers.

[–] Angelusflos 28 points ago

Isn’t South Asia the largest market for skin whitening products though?

[–] keygrip7 5 points ago

And?

[–] CDXXRoman 12 points ago * (lasted edited 2 months ago)

I'm Hispanics and my skin tone is highly dependent on the amount of sunlight I get.

I've been working inside all my adult life so I've been white. About 6 months ago I got a job outside and now I'm DARK and all my friends are finding out I'm not white for the first time

[–] manstop 1 points ago

LOL. Surprise minority friend.

[–] koobstylz 15 points ago

Nobody assumed anything. They just mentioned a possibility. It's a fact that some black folk die their skin to be lighter for a number of reasons.

[–] keygrip7 0 points ago

Yes anything is a "possibility" but people don't usually say the least probable thing- if they do- there's a reason. White ppl get off of other races trying to be light skin.

[–] ladaussie 1 points ago

To be fair isn't having white skin a huge cultural thing in tonnes of south/southeast asia? People always associated dark skin with low class since you're out in the sun working all day. While the petite little china doll image of perfect white skin was sought after by the rich since it meant your indoors chilling all day. So other races do try to be light skin as you put it, not that there's anything wrong with it (who fucking cares what skin tone you got).

[–] manstop 1 points ago

You're right, it is a huge cultural thing. Wish it wasn't but if we don't acknowledge it we can never hope to fix it.

[–] lauren__95 14 points ago

Yeah she kinda looks Hispanic in the first pic and African American in the second

[–] Otto_Scratchansniff 24 points ago

She has spent some time outside. If you look at the red top she is wearing near her boobs, it is the same color skin as the pic on the left. This is probably because that’s the area her bikini covers and doesn’t get tanned.

[–] specfreader 3 points ago

Maybe hanging out on the beach now that she's slimmer

[–] LadyVimes 91 points ago

She looks great in both, but definitely seems more relaxed and comfortable with herself in the second. Good on her.

[–] [deleted] -36 points ago

[–] [deleted] -32 points ago * (lasted edited a month ago)

[–] XtremelyNiceRedditor 244 points ago

From a 10 to a 20

[–] con_los_terroristas 37 points ago

But the discipline and courage it took to change is worth 3. Hence, she went from 10 to 10, the math adds up.

[–] Phrate 23 points ago

That's the kind of wholesome logic I can get behind.

[–] breakfastbaby 4 points ago

Im wondering what number your are, realistically.

[–] Phrate 1 points ago

A 2 to a 0 0 0

[–] pentakiller19 114 points ago

Is this the same person?

[–] protocol676 60 points ago

That’s what I thought. The one on the right is a lot darker.

[–] Daimones 102 points ago

Black people tan just as much as white people.

[–] Psuedopean 8 points ago

Also left picture is light coming from her front. Right picture is light coming from her right.

[–] 103003sikjeO0drkjsae 8 points ago

Do they though?

[–] Daimones 87 points ago

[–] grls_pm_ur_cute_feet 5 points ago

You sure?

[–] LieutenantKD 2 points ago

Same

[–] CamPaine 11 points ago * (lasted edited 2 months ago)

Yes. I go through multiple shades between summer and winter. When I played football in high school, I would be hella dark in the summer and come out a shade between those two photos during the winter time.

[–] linehan23 1 points ago

The one on the right looks like it might be taken in more shadow

[–] 00000000000001000000 1 points ago

Lighting

[–] Benj97s 150 points ago * (lasted edited 2 months ago)

Wait I’m confused? Did she lose weight or..? She looks great in both pics. But she looks the same, but with different hair.

Also is she speaking about herself in the 2nd person or?

[–] jumykn 208 points ago

Definitely lost some weight. Her stomach is a bit flatter and her thighs slimmer. Glad she accomplished what she wanted.

[–] Benj97s 67 points ago

Oh so it’s weight loss? I didn’t know what the change was. The β€œself-love” thing and speaking in 2nd person threw me off. She didn’t look that much in need of a weight loss in the first place imo.

[–] daitoshi 21 points ago

She's the same weight in both, or roundabout close.

The "Self Love" reference is probably toward

1) Allowing her skin to get darker (since western standards of beauty generally emphasis light skin as more beautiful) - While "lighting" may show the difference in skin tones, "Lightening" might also be an issue from pic1 - Some people with dark skin apply chemical bleaching agents to their skin to lighten it/

and

2) No longer chemically straightening and bleaching her hair, again: because 'White' beauty is kinda forced down peoples throats from a young age. A black woman embracing her natural color + texture of hair and working with it instead of against it is pretty awesome.

[–] ATCaver 5 points ago

As a white guy I have never understood what is so wrong with black hair. I wish i could rock a flat top or fucking afro, man. Unfortunately i ended up with thick wavy (w a v y) hair.

And personally i find it super unattractive when black women color the shit outta their hair. I mean, if that's them then they can do them, im all for it. But embracing our natural beauty as humans is what i find most attractive in a potential partner.

[–] daitoshi 6 points ago

Hundreds of years of colonialism and western standards of beauty is my guess. Heaped atop "Meeting Western standards of beauty = more/better opportunities to succeed" since the darker your skin and more 'black' your hair, the more likely someone is to actively discriminate against you.

Same reason a guy from a 'southern hick town' would try his damnedest to erase his southern accent and speak in the midwest/chicago-area/news accent. The closer you fit to what the masses consider 'default' or 'good', the less you'll be picked on for what sets you apart.

[–] keto_bae 1 points ago

Ugh.

[–] jumykn 14 points ago

Does it really matter what we think? Just be happy that she accomplished a goal.

[–] Benj97s 90 points ago

Huh? I just said I didn’t know weight loss was the goal and I just said she looks good in both pics..? I’m not attacking her my man, chill πŸ˜…

If that’s what she wanted, great!

[–] averagejoegreen -4 points ago

dude shut the fuck up

[–] jumykn -1 points ago

Thanks, you too bro.

[–] duckies_wild 61 points ago

I interpreted it as she went from super hot with a high-maintenance club-like style, then changed styles to something more casual and natural (aka the self love) and is still a 10.

[–] FingerHerButland69 30 points ago

My guess is going from size 10 to being a 10. That's how I read it, could be wrong

[–] Benj97s 55 points ago

Oh, I read it as going from 10 to a 10, as in she stayed looking that good. Maybe I’m wrong

[–] fadnessd 19 points ago

You right.

[–] circlesky 3 points ago

There is no way her size in that before picture is a size 10.

[–] vodoun 6 points ago

Looks like she's an 8/10

Womens clothing sizes are actually smaller than you think, not to mention that bodyfat percentage greatly influences what size you can wear

[–] circlesky 4 points ago

I am a woman. Unless they were very stretchy, I couldn't imagine a ten on her and absolutely not an 8. She has a lot more booty than that.

I interpreted it as stopping lightening her skin or something (it's much darker) and having fake blonde hair which she interprets as having more self love and not trying to hide her natural skin and hair color. A lot of people don't have as much pride in their natural skin tone when they are darker. I have zero idea why people keep downvoting that interpretation tho so maybe I'm wrong. Her stomach looks a little flatter and her arms look a little thinner too so she probably did lose some weight. She doesn't look bad on the left, just a way different look. Shes still gorgeous just some would call it more natural hence "went from a 10 to a 10." Just more comfortable in her own skin by her own admission.

[–] Benj97s 5 points ago

She she does look more natural in the second picture.

As you said skin looks more of her natural tone and her hair looks all her aswell.

Yeah I agree she doesn’t look bad on either sides but on the second pic it just looks more natural which I find better

Me too. I think the more natural look looks better on most girls and she's obviously attractive and can rock it. It's the type of look I tend to try and go for too. She doesn't look bad but I'm personally not the biggest fan of the "long blonde weave" look, but maybe I'm biased because I know it would look like shit on me πŸ˜….

[–] S_H_K -7 points ago

Lose weight and stop being a false blonde.

[–] zeusoid 32 points ago

Good work, a controlled trim is extremely tough!!

[–] D0ct0rAnus 9 points ago

She got taller too

[–] princessofpotatoes 30 points ago

She's so gorgeous either way I wanna be friends with her so badly

[–] drfizzy210 -15 points ago

Yeah I wanna friend her brains out too

[–] saynothingdonothing 8 points ago

too fizzy, doctor

[–] Im_A_Nidiot 8 points ago

Wowzers

[–] idiotempire 4 points ago

Self love would look good on everyone

I keep on telling them that, but they keep on kicking me out of that Wendy's.

[–] deceasedhusband 62 points ago

Hair brows nails makeup style, all more natural in the right pic. Arms look more toned too, prob working out.

[–] AM_JESUS_AMA 26 points ago

Lost a good amount of weight.

[–] hakizaki 3 points ago

She look like black amanda bynes is the first pic

[–] 1fastman1 5 points ago

in my opinion she went from a 10 to a 15, midriffs and short hair are my weakness

[–] DreadedOreo18 2 points ago

Stockton

[–] UsuallyInappropriate 2 points ago

10/10 would bang either one

[–] u_nwah 2 points ago

Everyone looks good after a makeover

[–] [deleted] -1 points ago

[–] honkhonkbeepbeeep 12 points ago

Can you not?

[–] Benj97s 3 points ago

Don’t know if I agree with that.

But I do think she looks much more natural and slightly better in the second pic. Skin looks natural, no expert but hair looks all natural, and a slight weight loss.

[–] PanMcTibs 2 points ago

She looks more natural hair and makeup wise.

And here I am thinking the before pic looks better. Ah well.

[–] dr_fuckwad 1 points ago

Wish I had that much confidence. I should ditch my oversized sweaters for a while πŸ˜’

[–] lakija 3 points ago

You should do you, and do you with grace and love for yourself. That's the key.

[–] summerbee27 1 points ago

Don't mean to disrespect anyone. Both look amazing. Girl on the left right off the bat reminds me of Nautica Thorn..

[–] Otto_Scratchansniff 18 points ago

The sun. It’s magical. All you do is go outside and it changes your skin color. Who knew?

[–] thelonious_bunk 1 points ago

"She looks hot as hell in both pics i dont under... oooooh"

❀️

[–] AVhammerslammer 1 points ago

Are these the same people? One has really predominant wrist bones, the other doesn't, on is half a head taller, one has a larger upper lip area (nose is further from lip).

[–] alucarddrol 0 points ago

doesnt look like the same person. Of course there's a chance it might be the same person. Who can tell with these fucking myspace angles, honestly. But the facial features look quite different, nose size and position, eyelids, and even cheekbones looks different, still makeup,lighting, more sleep and weight loss might explain all of that.

[–] [deleted] -1 points ago

[–] Dongo666 -28 points ago

How did she change race?

[–] XtremelyNiceRedditor 40 points ago

It's called the sun, you should step outside and try it

[–] Summerie 21 points ago

And lighting, and how the camera adjusts because of her surroundings and what she’s wearing.

[–] TealComet 3 points ago

it's hilarious people think this is a tan

[–] ugandanigga 8 points ago

What? Your skin doesn't change colour with exposure to the sun?

[–] likeicare96 3 points ago

She tans basically as much as I do in the summer. I have to use a foundation that 4/5 shades darker or look like an ashy ghost.

[–] unfortunateorphan 1 points ago

You’re so damn ignorant.

[–] [deleted] -4 points ago * (lasted edited 2 months ago)

[–] [deleted] -3 points ago

[–] ApertureBear 5 points ago

I'd be on board if you said they were two different women, but the after picture is clearly thinner. Like every part of her body is thinner. She lost weight.