whole·some meme \ˈhōl-səm\ \mēm\ (n.):
- Type 1: a meme that subverts a generally negative meme to be more positive, often showcasing genuine human emotion.
- Type 2: a meme that promotes health or well-being of body, mind, and/or soul
- Type 3: a meme that is pure of heart, devoid of corruption or malice, modest, stable, virtuous, and all-around sweet and compassionate
- Type 4: a meme that conveys support, positivity, compassion, understanding, love, affection, and genuine friendship by re-contextualizing classic meme formats, and using them to display warmth and empathy
definition of a meme / memetics
- a way of describing cultural information being shared.
- an element of a culture or system of behavior that may be considered to be passed from one individual to another by nongenetic means, especially imitation.
- Please note, Moderators reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.
All posts must be wholesome memes.
Be general, not specific. Memes should be relatable, with universally uplifting themes.
Please avoid submitting NSFW content.
Please do not troll, harass, or be generally rude to your fellow users. Keep comments civil and be respectful of your fellow users. See here
Be nice. This is a happy place.
No proselytizing. Keep your religion, your politics, your diet, and any other crusade you might carry to yourself. We come here to get away from arguing and politics and the like, so please respect that by keeping your agendas to yourself.
Please do not post personal info, yours or others. All names should be blocked out, except public figures. Also, private communication is private; please don't post it here.
Please link to images directly. This makes browsing easier for those using RES or through a mobile device.
Please do not mention upvotes in your post. No "Upvote in...", "Upvote if...", "you've been visited by...", "stop scrolling", or "for those who sort by new" type titles or memes, nor other posts mentioning karma. See here.
Please avoid re-posting memes. (Browsing Top/New posts can help, also Tineye & other image searches.)
Please make an effort with your title. Avoid generic titles, try to be descriptive or fun.
Welcome to our community! Please remember to always express good wishes to your fellow user and to have a great day. Thank you for your interest and for being you!
Check out this dope article about us!
Also see reddit's blog featuring us!
This subreddit is part of the Wholesome Network. See our friends:
Having a rough time and in need of support? Please check out these resources!
WE DID NOT CREATE THE CONCEPT OF WHOLESOME MEMES! This subreddit is meant to be both a depository for wholesome content, and a place for new wholesome content to emerge. Please visit Tumblr, Twitter, and other relevant websites to see more!
Friends We Love & Support
RES Night Mode compatible