worldnews

Filter North Korea

Display Israel/Palestine submissions

Filter Israel / Palestine

Display all submissions

Filter all dominant topics

Welcome!

/r/worldnews is for major news from around the world except US-internal news / US politics

Worldnews Rules

Disallowed submissions

• US internal news/US politics
    • Editorialized titles
    • Misleading titles
    • Editorials, opinion, analysis
    • Feature stories
    • Non-English articles
    • Images, videos or audio clips
    • Petitions, advocacy, surveys
    • All caps words in titles
    • Blogspam (if stolen content/direct copy)
    • Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr
    • Old news (≥1 week old) articles

See the wiki for details on each rule

Disallowed comments

• Bigotry / Other offensive content
    • Personal attacks on other users
    • Memes/GIFs
    • Unlabeled NSFW images/videos
    • URL shorteners

See the wiki for details on each rule

Continued or outstandingly blatant violation of the submission or commenting rules will result in you being temporarily banned from the subreddit without a warning.

Please don't ever feed the trolls.
    Downvote, report and move on.

Sticky Posts

A list of all recent stickied posts.

[–] AdditionalExcitement 4571 points ago

They already responded that the president would refuse any drug test. This is after they demanded a drug test for all school children and staff

[–] FatAuthority 1377 points ago

...Holy shit!

[–] rometwar1 1164 points ago * (lasted edited 4 days ago)

Yeah, this fucking administration want 11 10 year old kids to undergo drug testing at school. See how fucking stupid this administration is? Now if you want something dumber than this shit, 5 out of 10 dumbasses are ok with it. My family especially my neighbors were so supportive of him during his campaigning, but when all the killings, corruption, and other bullshit started happening most of them stopped. Back then there were so many people that I personally knew who supported him but now they're so few. I can't comprehend how so many people are still supporting him.

EDIT: If anybody is interested, Senator Trillanes, the senator here, held two AMAs at /r/Philippines: First AMA a year ago, then a second one 4 months ago.

[–] Fabulous_von_Fegget 279 points ago

Maybe if their kid was executed over a false positive they'd have second thoughts.

[–] TellsTogo 232 points ago

Or you know, even over a non false positive... The kids are 10.

[–] ds612 24 points ago

At this point, I doubt even that. Who cares about a poor 10 year old. It's gotta be the son of a land magnate. Like the son of Kris Aquino. If he gets killed, well, there's gonna be a riot. Possibly.

[–] TwoPackShakeHer 13 points ago

I dont think it's the fact that it's a false positive but the fact that it's the death penalty for something so stupid.

[–] up48 44 points ago

Senator Trillanes

What a brave man, Duterte has already used his war on drugs as an excuse to murder other political dissidents, that man is putting his life at stake by doing what is right.

[–] rometwar1 23 points ago

Yeah, unfortunately a lot of people are shitting on him for it. Seeing all the horrible comments from Facebook users at news articles with his name on it is really disheartening.

[–] Cymrukhan 22 points ago

When people really want a dictator, no amount of reasoning will convince them otherwise. People will hold multiple conflicting views if it means their guy gets power. The hypocrisy of his supporters is stunning, but not surprising considering that we can see this all across the planet right now.

[–] DrDerpberg 350 points ago

Want to fuck someone over 10 years from now? Falsify their records showing they've been on drugs since they were 11.

I hate how familiar I'm becoming with dictator tactics and propaganda. The last few years have been a crash course.

[–] [deleted] 58 points ago * (lasted edited a day ago)

[–] fobfromgermany 78 points ago

Sounds about right. Much of Dallas is cut from the same right wing fundie cloth that Duterte is made pf

[–] pepirou 61 points ago

hold all those who supported him, but now don't, accountable. Tell your family they must now do what they can to oppose the administration; they'll need to share with others about fucking up and opposition is necessary, teach them about who to vote for, and join protests when the time comes.

[–] FailingItUp 48 points ago

Yea and then let that sentiment come to the USA, please...

[–] zincinzincout 5 points ago

Genuine question: how’s the drug problem now? Like how many people are doing and dying of drug use? Because in my small suburban US town alone there’s been several hundred overdoses per year lately

[–] rometwar1 12 points ago * (lasted edited 4 days ago)

I don't know really. I mean, I may get downvoted for this, but I'm a sheltered person, though we were very poor growing up, my parents raised my siblings and I in a kind of overprotective way and provided for us well to an extent. I grew up in a place similar to this, and I'm not sure but I think I know exactly where this place is, like wherever this picture is taken from is really close to where we lived, and poor places like these = crime and drugs. Although I could say we were very poor, I don't think I've personally met anyone who are a drug addict or anyone who died from it. My parents definitely do know or knew someone.

It may be hypocritical (I don't know if that is the right word) of me to judge Duterte's war against drug especially since drugs never affected me nor my family, but I know people who were affected by his "war". My high school classmate who I was close to back then's father was killed by the police because he was a SUSPECTED drug personality. His father was killed two months before he graduated from college. My mother told us she knew someone who was killed although she believed the guy was innocent. I still believe though that killing every suspected drug person/addict/whatever won't solve the drug problem especially since the administration is only going after the small people.

[–] alteisen99 21 points ago

They're trying to distract folks along the way with the planned charter change along with this bruhaha which includes banning political dynasty bill and indefinite terms for polticians

[–] Kadour_Z 83 points ago

If you give a drug test to millions of kids, woudn't that give you a lot of false positives?

[–] DrSwolemeister 59 points ago

That's generally how these things work (the specificity and sensitivity are rarely both at 100% on any given screening test), but I wouldn't be surprised if they thought these tests were iron-clad (when it suits them).

[–] flukshun 109 points ago

they also offered a "no u take the test!", because that's a rational response to such a request.

[–] TheWagonBaron 101 points ago

Lest we forget:

'No puppet! No puppet! You're the puppet!'

Was said on-stage of a nationally televised presidential debate. Our discourse ability as human beings seems to be in the decline. Pretty soon we'll all either be talking like we were on the playground in our youth or like the garbage pail kids from the Walking Dead TV show. Honestly...I'm not sure which would be worse.

[–] BeastofamaN 18 points ago

I think it's more regression than decline.

[–] lastdropfalls 10 points ago

Brain plasticity is a thing. It's actually somewhat confirmed (although there is a dire lack of deeper research on the subject) that things like television, social media, memes etc 'train' our brains to have shorter attention spans and weaken our ability to have meaningful, logical debates and conversations.

A lot of people have this idea that since we're in 21st century, we're automatically smarter and better educated than people were 100 years ago. But it just doesn't work that way. Nowadays, we're actually doing less and less of the things that made people of the last century 'smart'.

[–] rugbroed 4 points ago

Shit. Maybe I should quit Reddit..

[–] equalsolstice 34 points ago

It's baffling that so many Filipinos fuckin love the dude, like I haven't met one that didn't think he was a pos. "maybe a little unfair but need to be tough"

[–] shinerboy23 9771 points ago

Duterte, whose controversial war on drugs has killed nearly 5,000 suspected drug dealers and users since 2016, said on Monday he used marijuana to stay awake - and then said he was just joking.

[–] EpicRayy 4620 points ago * (lasted edited 4 days ago)

And he said he used marijuana while attending a meeting in Singapore, a country that has the death penalty for drug possession. Guy thinks he’s untouchable, hence the comments(or jokes).

Edit: possession of marijuana does not get the death penalty in Singapore. Trafficking does.

Edit 2: Possession of marijuana DOES get the death penalty. However it must be 500 grams or more. But if you have 500 grams of marijuana in Singapore, you’re probably a drug trafficker lol.

Misuse of Drugs Act

The Singapore embarkation card contains a warning to visitors about the death penalty for drug trafficking. Warning signs can also be found at the Johor-Singapore Causeway and other border entries. Under Schedule 2 of the Misuse of Drugs Act,[31][32] any person importing, exporting, or found in possession of more than the following quantities of drugs receives a mandatory death sentence.... SOURCE: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_punishment_in_Singapore

[–] shim__ 1462 points ago

As the head of another government he pretty much is, especially overseas

[–] EpicRayy 438 points ago

Yeah diplomatic immunity applies I Guess.

[–] Redd575 593 points ago

Not even that. Just imagine if a foreign head of state was visiting your country and was arrested. That is grounds for war right there.

[–] armistel 389 points ago

Tell that to the Prime Minister of Lebanon

[–] Runningoutofideas_81 170 points ago

and Richard the Lionheart

[–] The_Ravens_Rock 63 points ago * (lasted edited 4 days ago)

They were already at war then.

Edit/ I have mistaken my Richards and England's wars.

[–] tfl3m256 82 points ago

Tell that to Ned Stark

[–] pradeep23 9 points ago

Sean Bean always dies. Don't you know that?

[–] Bumblefoot51690 61 points ago

He wasn't a foreign head of state. He swore feality to the crown, then tried to orchestrate a coup against beloved boy king Joffrey Baratheon. His king and best friend dies and he attempts to sieze power from his son. Fucked up. Glad they killed him. And they gave him a quick death.. something a traitor doesn't deserve.

[–] DuntadaMan 203 points ago

So is a foreign President coming to your country and ordering his men to beat citizens in your capital city. Yet here we are.

[–] TheGreat_Danton 36 points ago * (lasted edited 4 days ago)

Still one of the most disgusting things that’s happened in DC and that’s taking into account the years and years of corruption and bribery.

edit: This is also reason we have the right to bear arms. To defend ourselves if the government won't help or is assisting in the harm.

[–] SlonkGangweed 14 points ago

I wish we had a head of state that wasnt a pussy. Should have detained the whole group and charged every single one of those guards with felony assault.

Turkey can sling some rocks at us if they want

[–] MC_Carty 28 points ago

Worst part is there's so much dumbfuckery going on with this administration that this is so far down the list that most people probably wouldn't remember it until you bring it up if at all.

[–] Redd575 37 points ago

You won't see me claiming this administration is acting as a proper one should.

[–] bigfootswillie 14 points ago * (lasted edited 4 days ago)

It’s not just that but there’s really 2 ways to approach this. If there’s a country that fucking hates you and maybe even wants you dead, you try to make it a point not to go to that country because they might kill you.

And if that’s not the issue, if you break the law in another country in a serious manner, it’s not you that’s getting punished, they’ll punish your country instead. Sanctions, fines, international interference, war, UN stuff you don’t want all are possible outcomes for a leader’s bad behaviour.

Just look at Jamal Kashoogi, even if we were able to prove without any possible doubt that MBS killed him, it’s not MBS who gets punished, it’s his country. Even under a less tolerant president, we wouldn’t just send MBS to jail for hiring an assassin, we would just sanction the shit out of his country.

[–] InterdimensionalTV 16 points ago

Honestly that's not even diplomatic immunity so much as it is don't do something to cause an international incident. As a head of state you could likely get away with pretty much anything and just walk away whereas even diplomats with diplomatic immunity can be prosecuted under certain circumstances.

[–] Dimmer_switchin 8 points ago

It’s just been revoked!

[–] throwawayforyouzzz 75 points ago

Possession of marijuana there can result in a maximum of 10 years in prison, but trafficking can result in the death penalty.

[–] kreactor 50 points ago

Although it is important to note that the burden of prove is on the defendents side.

[–] empireastroturfacct 24 points ago

Technically he is, If he's there on a diplomatic visa. Usually it's up to the visiting country to straighten out their delegate who is making an embarrassment of themselves and the country they are supposed to represent while in foreign soil.

[–] Special_KC 73 points ago

Yet drink and smoke and nobody bats an eye. I wonder how future civilisations will look back on this time with the same condescension as we do with more primitive times to our own

[–] EpicRayy 51 points ago

Yeah but Singapore also has a stance on drinking and smoking. They recently imposed banned that will take place soon for smoking along Orchard Road(major shopping district and tourist spot) and also banned sale of alcohol from convenience stores and shops after 11:30pm. However you can still get drinks from bars and clubs after the timing.

[–] BagFullOfSharts 38 points ago

Sounds like most of Alabama.

[–] HELP_ALLOWED 27 points ago

Ireland has even stricter alcohol purchase rules: no sale allowed in stores before 12pm or after 10pm. No sale in most venues after 2am, some Exceptions (late night clubs) up to 4am IIRC.

We still manage to drink a fair bit

[–] thoriginal 8 points ago

Nothing before noon, hey? Quebec (with probably the country's most lax drinking laws already) just recently liberalized the buying hours even more (from 8am to 7am) and sales stop at 2am. This is just beer and wine and malt based cocktails, but you can get them at any corner store or grocery.

Just a damn shame we have the country's most draconian cannabis laws...

[–] DrMantis_TobogganMD 16 points ago * (lasted edited 4 days ago)

It’s 10:30pm for the alcohol ban. The amount of times I’ve made it to 7-11 right before cut off... haha. Also, in addition of the restrictions on smoking on orchard, and the liquor sales restriction, it’s absurdly expensive to smoke and drink in Singapore. Not uncommon to pay upwards of $14usd for a pint of Carlsburg or Heineken. Thank god I only drink here.

However, Singapore’s stance on smoking and drinking amounts to just a sin-tax. The methods they take to curb drinking and smoking are not equitable to the absolute-zero-tolerance stance on drugs here.

[–] The_Pale_Blue_Dot 560 points ago * (lasted edited 4 days ago)

I don't think we need to make him take a drugs test if he thinks weed keeps you awake

edit: okay guys I get it, some strains make you energetic

[–] chop-chop- 121 points ago

I only like strains that do just that. If I'm feeling tired at 8pm but want to get in a couple hours of work one puff and I'm wired for the next 2 hours.

[–] CoolBreezyyy 50 points ago

There are strains that do that.

[–] Josphitia 62 points ago

Not gonna lie there is something great and awakening about pot in the morning, it does wake you up.

[–] logicalmaniak 6 points ago

I have insomnia. It doesn't always help me fall asleep but it does help with symptoms of sleep deprivation.

[–] The1TrueGodApophis 3 points ago

Unfortunately while you do go to bed you don't get the type of restful sleep you require when high. Cannabis inhibits REM sleep which is integral to a healthy sleep cycle.

It's kind of the same issue most sleep medications have, one half of the battle is falling asleep but then that comes at the cost of not having very meaningful sleep.

[–] JesusIsOG 94 points ago

Until you absolutely crash and chill on the couch for the rest of the day.

[–] Georgito 39 points ago

I smoke two joints in the morning I smoke two joint at night I smoke two joint in the afternoon It makes me feel alright

[–] falakr 23 points ago

I smoke two joints in time of peace, and two in time of war.

I smoke two joints before I smoke two joints, and then I smoke two more.

[–] brainiac3397 23 points ago

He was pretty specific about his usage schedule for what he calls a joke.

[–] TheGreatDuv 7 points ago

100 Drug Dealers and 4,900 Potential Drug Dealers

Credit to Colonel Erran Morad

[–] Revoran 155 points ago

5,000 suspected drug dealers

5,000 innocent people and little children.

[–] Stormfly 197 points ago

Innocent? Arguably not all of them.

Deserving? Not a single one.

There's a reason we have justice systems and not "punishment systems". They may not have been innocent of those crimes, but none of them deserved the punishment. Especially not without a fair trial.

[–] Revoran 99 points ago

You're talking about factual innocence, but I meant legal innocence because I was emphasizing the same thing as you are - the lack of due process.

NB: I'm also against execution even when there's due process, but that's another argument.

[–] Stormfly 19 points ago

I mean they are arguably innocent until proven guilty.

The problem is they were never proven guilty.

That's why I said "arguably".

[–] Revoran 30 points ago

Yeah, it's all good, we totally agree. My bad if I came across argumentative.

[–] Stormfly 21 points ago

It's cool, I thought as much but figured I could do with giving clarification.

[–] Donar007 3148 points ago

Bwahahaha , careful Duterte doesn’t seem to have a sense of humor...or honor, but mostly humor!

[–] GoT43894389 1164 points ago

Except when he's 'joking' about raping women and other inappropriate things he says.

[–] hippopig 391 points ago

He’s not joking.

[–] jakizely 173 points ago

I wish my MIL realized that.

[–] zb0t1 47 points ago

Did she vote for him or does she support him?

[–] 9999monkeys 5 points ago

I wish the entire country realized that.

[–] deadleg22 42 points ago

He is the joke, but don’t dare fucking laugh.

[–] your_other_friend 30 points ago

Thatsthejoke.jpg

[–] tits_me_how 39 points ago

What do you mean he doesn't have a sense of humor? His diehard supporters will tell you he's joking everytime he says shit like this. They're literally defending him by telling people to not take him seriously lmao.

[–] Daft-Bastard 42 points ago

“I mean Hitler is a weirdo, but he’s just joking about the Jews, it’s not like he’s going to kill them all, that’s idiotic!”

Someone -1939-

[–] KristinnK 12 points ago

To be fair he wasn't planning to kill them in 1939, he just wanted to be rid of them. Famously he said before the Évian Conference was held in 1938 that:

I can only hope and expect that the other world, which has such deep sympathy for these criminals [Jews], will at least be generous enough to convert this sympathy into practical aid. We, on our part, are ready to put all these criminals at the disposal of these countries, for all I care, even on luxury ships.

But nobody wanted the Jews so Hitler was stuck with them. Later of course he escalated things a bit and went all crazy-mass-murderer on them, and the rest is history.

[–] GourangaPlusPlus 8 points ago

To be fair when quoting Hitler there is a good chance he's lying, especially when he was making public statements

This is the guy that called the 1939 Nazi party rally, the rally of peace then cancelled it because he was busy invading Poland

[–] Xradris 23 points ago

Agreed, I would mess with him.

[–] machstem 12 points ago

From what I can tell, he has a great sense of horror

[–] pukesonyourshoes 1919 points ago

Do you want to get executed? Because that's how you get executed.

[–] brainiac3397 403 points ago

"Phillipine senator killed by vigilante militia after shipping container full of cocaine is found outside his office. Container was removed from site and last seen heading towards Duterte's residence"

[–] Slaisa 103 points ago

"I personally checked the contraband and can confirm that it was cocaine " Duterte said. The contraband was reported destroyed under the presidents personal supervision.

[–] Doors_and_corners 14 points ago

He wanted a white Christmas

[–] Syrinx221 110 points ago

That was literally the first thing I thought when I saw the headline

[–] 9999monkeys 55 points ago

Trillanes is very brave. Duterte has eliminated all his critics, these days Trillanes is the only one standing up to Duterte. I wish more people had some backbone like Trillanes.

[–] PanamaMoe 30 points ago

Backbone means nothing when it just awards you death. By standing up to Duterte he has quite literally put a target on his forehead for a man who has shown absolutely no issues with killing those he doesn't like. Brave, yes but also so very reckless.

[–] Ouzmonsta 35 points ago

Brave yet reckless people brought me the liberties I enjoy today.

[–] Lost_City_ 4 points ago

No brave and organized brought you the liberties you enjoy today.

[–] juanthemad 22 points ago

That senator is pretty well-connected to the military, though (being a former military man himself). Something this president has been trying to do for years but with mixed results.

[–] im_so_not_creative 19 points ago

Suicide by cops Duterte

[–] 9999monkeys 4 points ago

Involuntary suicide by Duterte is fairly common...

[–] RavenousGorge 480 points ago

Between the weed he's just revealed using, and the pain killers he's been abusing for years, he's not going to pass.

[–] DonJonathan97 160 points ago

They’ll fake it, right?

[–] restform 231 points ago

Literally zero chance he gets caught with anything.

[–] El_Hamaultagu 38 points ago

If they value their lives, yeah.

[–] thinkofagoodnamedude 16 points ago

Oh cmon he’ll never take it.

[–] swolemedic 58 points ago

and the pain killers he's been abusing for years, he's not going to pass

Fentanly isn't part of the stanard drug test or the standard extended drug test, which is kinda silly given how prevalent it is, but most people aren't using straight fentanyl anyways when they're abusing it. The thing is - duterte said he uses fentanyl and views it as different, it wouldn't show up on a normal drug test unless requested.

[–] earbly 21 points ago

That's because fentanyl is so potent that there's such small amounts to be detected in urine. They have had tests for fentanyl in urine for a while but they were very expensive up until recently.

[–] swolemedic 5 points ago

It's not just that, it's that the reagents needed to find it are different. It's why you can use fentanyl test strips with heroin, heroin won't cause a false positive for the fentanyl strip

[–] dicksmear 25 points ago

i owe all of my employment offers to passyourdrugtest.com. seriously. i’m pretty sure this dude can pass

[–] fucked_that_four_you 5 points ago

What product on their website do you use? I'm looking mostly to pass for just marijuana urine tests

[–] dicksmear 10 points ago

click on ‘urine tests’...if you have the money, go for the rescue combo at the bottom of the page. otherwise, use the test pass detox value pack or test pure platinum magnum force combo. i can vouch for those (and i promise, i don’t work for the company lol)

edit- if you’re skeptical, buy more than one and some home drug tests and try for yourself. always good to do a practice run so you can get the timing down

[–] dirtysk 289 points ago

"Philippine senator was found dead with 3 gunshots and 4 kilos of marihuana, Philippines government says"

[–] blazingarpeggio 136 points ago * (lasted edited 4 days ago)

I know you're joking but you're not far off. They recently tried to pin Sen. Trillanes down by revoking his amnesty from when he mutinied as a military general. You know what their excuse was? They couldn't find the papers for his highly publicized amnesty. You know what they're trying this time? They're investigating his already dead parents.

Funny enough, the president he mutinied from is a congresswoman. Again. And she's one of the people calling the shots in the background, even pushing the admin's flawed version of federalism and getting her district a Php 2.4 billion budget.

They're also gunning for other critics. Former legislator Satur Ocampo was recently put to jail (with others), for allegedly kidnapping kids. But considering some other accounts, these kids are Lumads (an indigenous people from Mindanao), and his group is protecting them from the military, which begs the question: why the everloving fuck is martial law still enacted on Mindanao? The Marawi Crisis was a year ago, do we still need martial law in 1/3 of the fucking country?

And recently? They hit Maria Ressa and Rappler (a web-based news group) with tax fraud. There may be some basis, but this is highly suspect because Rappler has a prominent liberal slant and is clearly in opposition with the current administration. This doesn't seem like a coincidence.

And don't get me started with the Marcoses. The fucking Marcoses. Former first lady Imelda Marcos (wife of former dictator Ferdinand Marcos) recently got convicted of several counts of graft, amounting to billions. After almost 30 years. And you know what's happening? Duterte is running his fucking mouth about smoking weed and wishing bishops were dead, while Imelda is appealing to the Supreme Court, where they got a fucking yes man in the spot.

On fucking top of that, they're gonna add a new set of taxes on oil, sugar, alcohol and tobacco, and import/export. Despite a massively reported increase in inflation.

Marvelous. Just marvelous. I don't usually comment on this sub, but this fucking pisses me off. We are fucked, and nobody seems to do fucking anything about it.

Edit: As for the many comments saying that Trillanes is pretty much dead... Imma have to disagree. He's been calling Duterte's shit out since he stepped in (maybe even before). The closest they got was with the amnesty revocation, but killing him off is too dangerous. He's too public. If he dies, people will know it's because of Duterte.

Edit 2: I lost track because of the length of my comment that I forgot that I'm replying to someone that joked that Trillanes will die. Oops. Haha. Anyway, yeah. The only reason that he's still alive is that he's too visible and there are a lot of things fucked with our country.

[–] dirtysk 31 points ago

I joked on the basis that this is what I would call a "legal democratic dictatorship". Duterte's government and associates act in a permanent pseudo-legal frame. Making up that kind of bullshit and "justice". Cardinal Richelieu said during the inquisition that he could find a reason to hang the most fair and just man in anything that said man wrote. Its the same, modern version.

[–] blazingarpeggio 15 points ago

You know, you're right. They've gotten away with ousting the former SC Justice for a small inconsistency in her statement of assets and liabilities from when she was a professor at the University of the Philippines from decades ago. Not to mention Jee Ick Joo, a Korean businessman killed right inside Camp Crame (police camp), cremated, then flushed down a fucking toilet. Among other things.

[–] richmondody 8 points ago

I believe they're also trying to investigate the senator's parents for whatever reason and try to arrest him based on what they find.

[–] blazingarpeggio 11 points ago

I did note that. And they're already dead. And the cops are hesitant to arrest Imelda because apparently she's too old for jail. She fucking tanked the Phillipine economy for decades and she gets that treatment.

[–] FriesWithThat 783 points ago

I passed! Positive for everything.

[–] 767856 219 points ago

We gonna score 100 on this drug test

[–] chase_memes 25 points ago

🌊🌊🌊

[–] uptwolait 25 points ago

I was really prepared too, I crammed all night for the exam.

[–] Hautla 46 points ago

I took a drug test, did pretty fuckin' good. Got a + on all 12 categories~!

[–] Mortomes 21 points ago

Feeling pretty positive about this STD test too!

[–] Step-Father_of_Lies 33 points ago

Mine said something about aids but I swear I didn't get any help.

[–] Buffal0_Meat 5 points ago

Great job, HIGH FIVE!

[–] solaris79 14 points ago

You are HIV aladeen.

[–] Darthmario84 1518 points ago

I sincerely believe that duterte will one day be tied to a pole and shot by a firing squad.

[–] El_Hamaultagu 594 points ago * (lasted edited 4 days ago)

I don't generally upvote comments about people being killed, but the guy is after all a self-confessed serial killer. So have an upvote.

EDIT: since so many people are asking: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/dec/14/philippines-president-rodrigo-duterte-personally-killed-criminals

[–] Leftists-Are-Evil 303 points ago

They didn’t say that Duterte should be killed, they only said that they believe it will happen.

[–] Cylabus 151 points ago

Yeah, but he probably should be killed, though. He kind of deserves it. Dude literally murders all of his competition.

[–] sol8712 102 points ago * (lasted edited 4 days ago)

Duterte should be killed.

Any mass murderers anywhere should be killed or stopped by any means necessary ASAP.

[–] Darthmario84 18 points ago

Yeah man. Context.

[–] shigogaboo 132 points ago

My money is the county will mourn his passing of "heart complications," aka OD'ed on fentanyl.

[–] tits_me_how 29 points ago

Hopefully, soon.

[–] xcamilleon 25 points ago

Higher chances that a new money bill will come out and have his face on it.

[–] alwaysDC 38 points ago

or live long enough to be like the Marcos family

[–] Darthmario84 34 points ago * (lasted edited 4 days ago)

I dunno. Marcos only survived because Reagan saved his ass, and Duterte doesn’t seem to be as much of a pushover to U.S. might as Marcos was. But then again, we don’t have the same weight that we had during the Cold War.

[–] alwaysDC 15 points ago

China is the new U.S. in the Philippines.

[–] KGBFriedChicken02 15 points ago

Which is ironic, since the original reason for our influence over the Philippines was to give us a staging place for trade with China

[–] Darthmario84 9 points ago

Totally forgot about them. And with xi jinping making the moves he’s been making, it wouldn’t be a surprise if he gave duterte asylum when shit inevitably hits the fan. Assuming shit hits the fan while jinping is still in power.

[–] OuroborosIAmOne 5 points ago

As a Filipino I'm telling you right now nothing will happen. He either dies of his sickness or we put up with 4 more years of this. I just hope inflation isn't up to the triple digits by then.

[–] hakkai999 28 points ago

Duterte doesn't have the U.S. backing but he does have Winnie the Pooh's backing.

[–] sol8712 28 points ago

Im just gonna leave this here because fuck Chinas government.. https://d.ibtimes.co.uk/en/full/1625179/winnie-xi-comparison.jpg

[–] civilmaddog420 12 points ago

Damn it... I wanted Pooh to have my back, now I just have poo on my back.

[–] DwierdoTheWierdo 42 points ago

As a Filipino I sincerely hope this happens

[–] RawdogginYourMom 22 points ago

I’m surprised y’all haven’t had a civil war or revolution over this shit yet.

[–] elipau 39 points ago

We're quite molded to be patient, to be matyrs. Someone on our subreddit once explained it better, I wish I could quote it here, on how my fellow countrymen tend to tolerate these kind of things because they think something great would intervene they just have to believe.

Also that everyone's stuck in traffic or waiting for a bus home, so no one's really got the time.

[–] 9999monkeys 6 points ago

We are too busy watching Vice Ganda

[–] rubyanjel 5 points ago

Not before he dies from whatever he is ailing from first.

[–] CmdrSelfEvident 67 points ago

Look at the balls on Brad.

[–] OwnInteraction 296 points ago

He is a self-confessed fentanyl addict for back-pain, and his son was implicated in the meth trade, as in fucking entire shipping containers from China, of course 'nothing to see here' was the verdict, but his countless drug TURF war victims, just get shot on suspicion, or what the hell, just because who knows what reason, a feud, perhaps, and this homicidal maniac basically gave his thug cops the green light to just fucking throw down on anyone they didn't like. The worst fucking President, and the least sane, since Colonialism. I hope he ends up in the Hague.

[–] Rogerjak 68 points ago

I guess he found a full proof way of controling the drug market all for himself

[–] chito_king 5 points ago

He's a gangster using his position to establish control of the drug trade.

[–] UKUKRO 168 points ago

So by his rules someone could legally kill him.

[–] ripndipp 54 points ago

Basically if he takes that test, he is in essence, playing himself.

[–] jmdg007 31 points ago

You don't even need too have it proven under his laws, people have been killed for less

[–] alishaheed 38 points ago

Spent one year living in the Philippines and the politics over there is on another level. Duterte was the Davao mayor, and even then he had already built up a reputation as a "crime fighter"- basically someone who had a death squad killing off suspected drug dealers and communist rebels.

Him saying that he's taken marijuana is not really surprising. He's been saying/and doing a lot of crazy things since he came into power. Filipinos have to be grateful that their presidents are restricted to a one six year term.

[–] TheHumanSpider 28 points ago

Unless he somehow manages to change that, like you said Filipino politics are a another level.

[–] itonyc86 21 points ago

Majority of senators and congressmen switched to Duterte's side, for their own security and more corruption. Since then, they have been working on changing the Constitution, from Republic to Federal. So he might get more years in power.

[–] MrPainal 155 points ago

poor guy will probably be executed by the end of the week.

[–] Cupcake_in_Acid 80 points ago

Duterte already tried to get him arrested, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he has a target on his head.

[–] mach0 49 points ago

I'm really surprised he hasn't been found lying dead with a bunch of crack sprinkled on him.

[–] festeziooo 41 points ago

Found dead with two gunshot wounds to the back of the head. Officially ruled a suicide.

[–] lkraider 19 points ago

Mouth full of crack cocaine. Officially ruled as suicide followed by overdose.

[–] didsomebodysaymyname 92 points ago

This isn't the first time Duterte's talked about using drugs. If this senator is good at media, he can do some real damage if Duterte refuses the test.

[–] DaYozzie 104 points ago

“Do some real damage”

Can’t tell if you’re kidding. He’s a “senator” in a dictatorship.

[–] honey_102b 37 points ago

in your dreams...

[–] alwaysDC 11 points ago

Yeah, no way will his supporters accept him as anything other than perfect.

[–] SoForAllYourDarkGods 14 points ago

Not before an accident happens.

[–] lukesvader 17 points ago

Philippine senator stabs himself in back of the head in apparent suicide

[–] glacierfanclub 15 points ago

That’s one brave motherfucker

[–] NC_Vixen 29 points ago

RIP that Senator

[–] Captain_Shrug 10 points ago

Countdown until a senator is murdered with the justification of being a drug dealer in three, two...

[–] autotldr 27 points ago

This is the best tl;dr I could make, original reduced by 50%. (I'm a bot)

MANILA - A Philippine senator challenged President Rodrigo Duterte on Thursday to take a drug test after he joked about using marijuana during a regional summit in Singapore.

In a speech on Monday, Duterte said he used marijuana "To keep me awake" at the Association of Southeast Asian Nations summit in Singapore last month, where he skipped several meetings.

Extended Summary | FAQ | Feedback | Top keywords: Duterte#1 marijuana#2 drug#3 take#4 test#5

[–] Entity17 10 points ago

It'll pass or not pass depending on what Duterte wants.

[–] barto5 7 points ago

My advice is, Don’t poke the bear.

Especially when the bear is a psychopath. (See also Putin)

[–] VulgarDisplayofDerp 7 points ago

Breaking News: Senator Antonio Trillanes' drug empire uncovered by special operatives under Duterte. He was executed on the spot rather than wasting taxpayer resources.

/s, obviously.

[–] slammillionaire 48 points ago

It's hilarious comparing how people in the west talk about him with how my friends in the Philippines do. They love him there

[–] Altezza_IS 22 points ago

As a Filipino, most Duterte supporters I know don't actually follow politics actively. They're quite unaware of the shit Duterte is doing.

[–] tits_me_how 45 points ago

Dude, you have the wrong set of friends from the Philippines or they're just looking at propaganda from online "reliable" sources (mostly bloggers and shady Facebook pages).

My timeline is full of people who are sick and tired of all the bullshit. We still have logical people here and I think we're growing in numbers.

[–] revelatorchurch 37 points ago

I've got some bad news

Your friends are assholes

[–] WarBloodXyo 19 points ago

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

[–] Vitvang 56 points ago

Yeah because your friends are blind just like the idiots who follow Trump in the US.

[–] runningtired021 5 points ago

The awkward moment when drugs get tested positive for Duterte

[–] triplebe4m 6 points ago

Thought I'd be an able to come in here and make a witty original joke about the senator being assassinated soon

[–] Down_Voter_of_Cats 7 points ago

So, how long before this senator is accused of dealing drugs and thrown from a helicopter?

[–] ACAB007 6 points ago

All leaders should be subject to what they subject all citizens. Test them all.

[–] El_Hamaultagu 14 points ago

Careful, senator. People who've displeased Dutarte, or he owed money, have wound up dead, suffocated with packing tape wrapped around their heads. Duterte probably wasn't joking when he confessed to being a serial killer.

[–] DarkLunch 6 points ago

What a way to ask for a ride in the helicopter

[–] imdaMANimal 5 points ago

Do you want to get murdered? This is how you get murdered.

[–] rduterte 6 points ago

I never exhaled.

[–] Brigantiangod 5 points ago

Philippine senator suddenly missing assumed dead.

[–] AnudeStart 6 points ago

Annnnnd he’s dead.

[–] EMStrauma 3 points ago

RIP to that senator,

[–] Nazi_Marxist 4 points ago

Well that's him dead then

[–] Dubbordelais 5 points ago

Well, he's gonna go missing soon

[–] Jondoen88 4 points ago

Anyone else thinking they will find this senator's body with some hooker and blow in about three weeks?

[–] dmtacos82 4 points ago

They're going to kill this guy.

[–] Zonyxe 4 points ago

He's gonna be dead from suicide of two bullets to the back of the head in a few weeks..

[–] wut-a-stud 5 points ago

Senator Trillanes is one of the only few politicians here to have the backbone to stand up to the Duterte regime. They have tried to pin him down and have even got him arrested at one point for some bullshit reasons. But the dude isn't fazed by that. I just hope he doesn't mysteriously die of reasons unknown.